Of Mirrors and Portals

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
She decided not to say anything since it seems like he was sort of annoyed at her. She sighed deeply. It was getting dark but he just keeps walking. Though tired and she wanted to tell him just that, she refrained because well, she doesn't think that's a good idea at that point.

He stopped and looked around, there was a ringing in his ear.
Just like in the forrest, the portal was close.
Finding the portal would mean separation, being alone again.

He turned around and looked at Paula "The portal is right through there.. I know because my ears are ringing like they did when I fell through it."

She just nodded at this. She then looked at him with a look that says "What do we do now?". She has no energy left to talk.

"Now you are going to walk through it, and you are going to go home." He looked down "you'll be safe.."

"Don't worry about me.. Come on.. Let's get you through that portal." He moved aside some leafs. "I thought you wanted to get out of here."

She shifted her foot and lowered her head. "I don't wanna leave you."

"I don't want to leave you. If I go back, we should be together. Or do you despise me that much?" she asked in a whisper.

He let go of the leafs, stepped closer, tilted her head up and kissed her slowly.

Her eyes widen at first but then surrendered and closed her eyes. Her knees feel wobbly. She knew there's darkness but she wants to be a part of it. She let out a tiny moan.

As he slowly broke the kiss he looked at her "I don't despise you. I wish I could just be here with you forever, but you're going to grow older, and you're going to want more than me."

"What do you mean? If that's the case, why not turn me?" she said breathlessly.

He looked at her "how am I supposed to know? I don't even know if you feel happy being around me.."

"Why would I ask that if I wasn't?" she retorted.

"I don't know. Just.. Go home.." He looked down and stepped back

She felt his rejection stung so deep. Trying not to show it, she told him, "Ok. I'll go. I guess this is goodbye."

He didn't look up, tears filled his eyes.
There was so much he wanted to say, but he couldn't..
He had to let her go, for her own good..

Status
Not open for further replies.