2. Beginner
  3. Elementary
  4. Intermediate
  5. Adept
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Fantasy, magic, adventure, comedy, anime, slice of life, high school, fandom, romance, but I am always open to many others.
f3e103c273419c5e975afd585fe04795.png

Character Index | Out of Character

In the darkness, a tale of shadows and misery dreamed of...

A twisted but sweet, dangerous love.

--- :heart: ---

Claudia Banner 2.png
The morning came early, but Claudia's new bedroom had been decorated with curtains in order to block out the morning sun that hit her room in Blackmore castle. In her old home, these curtains would have not been allowed. The sun flowing into the rooms would have been a privilege and welcomed. But Claudia wasn't a morning person and she thanked the castle for letting her finally sleep in without the sun bursting into the room.

Still, after only a few weeks she was still used to waking up fairly early, and Claudia awoke to the sound of Poe taping with his beak at the window. The princess got herself up and dressed then went to the window. She opened up the curtains and looked away for a moment as the sunlight came in. She opened up the window and brought Poe into the castle bedroom on her hand.

Blackmore castle was very old and very much still looked like the gothic dark castle it was but with modern times came modern amenities and some furniture and fixtures. The castle had heat and air-conditioning as well as modern light sources and other types of appliances. Still, it didn't lose its gothic charm.

After she said her good mornings to Poe and let him back out to do what he wanted, Claudia left the room to take a walk around the castle while she waited for breakfast to be made. While the former light princess came to this castle as a prisoner with a fate to be murdered, she found herself feeling more at home than the one she was born in. She was free to do and be as she pleased, even something as simple as her clothing. Her gothic Lolita type style fit the atmosphere around Blackmore well, though she did get strange looks if she went out into the town. After all, it was modern day and most people expected someone to wear something like jeans around the town. But Claudia didn't mind being different.

"Good morning," she muttered as she past some of the staff of the castle. The maids were already busy keeping this clean and organized as how the occupants like it to be, excluding some places where they preferred to keep the spider webs and such as décor.

Claudia had gotten used to this place and she liked it. Even some of the occupants seemed to find her presence in the castle normal and welcomed, but there were certainly others who thought opposite. There were some that still wanted her dead. Perhaps she could change that and she could stay here as she wanted to, as a usual residence of this dark but marvelous castle.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Canadian Cat
Jenny woke up early, with an unusual amount of pep in her step. Normally, it took something akin to a nuclear bomb to get her to crawl out of bed. The necromancer waved her hands, and her signature black cloak floated over and put itself on.

Heading downstairs, the young woman noted the castle's unusual amount of hustle and bustle. It had been that way ever since Claudia had arrived at their doorstep; seemingly, many of the servants and thrallmasters had gone out of their way to make the former Light princess feel at home. Speaking of the other girl, she was coming down the hall.

Jenny gave her a friendly wave. "Good to see you awake, Claudia. Did you have a pleasant night's sleep?"

Reactions: ScarletNova
Simon Methuselah
--
Simon still, and silent, stood near the one of the darker walls in the castle. He had always been a sort of an early riser. He's had so many restless nights, that he had grown accustomed to functioning on little sleep. He stood there while the newest member of the Dark Coven, and castle occupant, greeted the workers. She seemed so...cheery...so...out of place.

He was there that night. When the dark coven plotted to kill her. If he had it his way, she would have been long dead. But no, his superiors thought she was more valuable alive than dead. A part of him wanted to end her, right there on the spot. Entertaining the thought, he began to touch the handle of his dagger. No, that would be to messy? His poison? He could make it look like natural causes… No, best not, lest the other members find out. For now it will be better to bide his time.

He continued to stand watch, until he saw Jennifer. "Looks like the gang is getting together, I should probably make myself known" Simon thought to himself. Morning light was starting to creep into the castle, so his spell was becoming weaker by the minute anyways. He stepped closer towards the two, letting his spell slowly fade away, allowing the darkness to seemingly fall off of him, until the aura disappeared completely.

"Morning Jenifer" He said before looking towards the new girl, "Princess"

At the crack of dawn, a group of people had already been assembled in the courtyard. Each one was dressed in a black dress and an apron, and a few were dressed in a suit and tie. At the head of the group was a woman who seemed a bit older than most of the people present. Long green hair and dark skin made her stand out. Her name was Falnwell. An elf who is actually from a different generation, in spite of her age.

"Alright, listen up. Cleaning crew needs to go to all the rooms. Every room needs dusting and beds made. If there is anything lying about do please tend to it. Laundry must be collected quickly so that those working on it aren't sitting around twiddling their thumbs all day. The cooking staff come with me. Everyone else get to work."

As her crew began to break, she heard a voice call to them. It seemed that Claudia had already woken up. Faln appreciated the Good Morning, but was too busy talking about breakfast to pay much attention.

She retreated to the kitchen with the cooks where they began work on breakfast. Faln supervised the entire time, giving orders and tips as to how to make certain foods. By the time it was done, there were trays of pastries and scones, sausages and potatoes and eggs. They plated the dining table and opened the doors to the dining room. Faln stayed close by to serve the occupants of the castle.

Having no need for much sleep, Deverell was up and about quite early in the morning. Most days he could be found in the library, and today was no different. The young dhampir loved to read and study. While he did need some sleep to keep functioning, it was much less than a human's need. He spent the extra time reading about new spells and learning more and more magic. He was already an adept summoner and conjurer, but he didn't know much evocation or illusion.

He flipped another page in his book when his stomach roared at him to get food. He hadn't eaten since the previous night. His tired eyes peered up towards the windows in the library, narrowing at the light pouring through. He may not have been harmed by sunlight, but he still didn't really like it on his skin. Flipping his book shut, he put it on the stack on the table near his reading chair. The librarian knew better than to put back his books, and most of the members of the coven knew better than to rummage through his pile of reading material. He put books back when he was finished, and didn't appreciate when people took ones from his "to read" pile.

Taking his jacket from the chair, he wrapped it around him, and stepped out into the hallway. He followed the smell of food cooking in the kitchen, only to wind up stumbling upon a small group of Jennifer, Simon, and the new girl, Claudia. She had been the talk of the coven. The princess of light with a heart of darkness.

"Good morning, Jennifer. Simon." He nodded to each one individually, turning to Claudia. "And I don't think we've met." He normally would not be talking to anyone new, but he knew the other two at least decently well, that he felt comfortable enough doing so.

"You are Claudia, of course, everyone knows about you by now. I myself have heard little, and hope to see what an anomaly such as yourself can do." He didn't give a smile or handshake, or really any reason to make her believe he was truly happy to meet her. "My name is Deverell, but please, call me Dev." He moved a piece of hair back behind his ear, quite obviously looking nervous about the whole situation. He cleared his throat slightly, deciding to be done with the pleasantries that were socially required of him.

"Well, I'm off to get some food. It was good meeting you. Good seeing you two as well." He said, giving another small nod to the group before going to walk past them.

Claudia Banner 2.png
The head maid seemed to be quite busy to bother with Claudia's morning greeting, but the young woman didn't mind. She understood, after all, there was a lot to do in this mansion and Falnwell was the one to keep everything together. So Claudia moved on and not long later Jennifer happened to approach her to greet her as well.

"Ah, Jennifer, good morning,"
Claudia commented. "Yes, I did. This is such a lovely place. It's very relaxing for me here." That seemed odd to admit, but Claudia's old home was not one she felt very comfortable in. She gave the necromancer a small smile. This young woman was a strong and skilled magic user and Claudia knew that well. "Perhaps later this evening you'd like to to work on some spells with me? If you are free, of course," Claudia wanted to learn more about the dark arts, and there were plenty of people at Blackmore to help her learn.

Though the arrival of Simon from the shadows alarmed the light princess slightly, as she knew his profession. After all, Claudia's original fate at this castle was death, and she knew he was one that could still bring about that fate if he or someone else wanted him to.

"Simon, good morning to you," Claudia replied anyway as he motioned to her. She wished he wouldn't be so suspicious of her though. She might know light magic well, but it was obvious that she couldn't do anything to a whole castle would of dark magic users. She would be completely outnumbered, so what would be the point in that anyway. Not that she wanted to.

But someone knew arrived that tore her from her thoughts. He introduced himself to her and said she could call him Dev. "Then you can call me Dia if you'd like as well," she replied. A nickname for a nickname, even if it didn't seem to necessarily be because he wanted to be very friendly towards her. However, she wanted to get to know all these other occupants of the castle, and honestly, yes, she wanted to be liked by them.

"Oh, I was heading for breakfast as well actually. How about we go together. Would you all like to join me? I would love to have your company."

Reactions: Canadian Cat
[bg=#000000]
Kei ║▌│█│▌│║║█║║▌│█║▌│║║█║ Ria

Interactions/Mentions:
Princess Claudia Anderson @ScarletNova
Ria's Dress

Early morning, two figures casually walked with purpose, one dressed in white, the other in black; both following a hazy wolf apparition that seemed to teeter on the fine line between existence and nonexistence. The taller of the two figures, Kai, had the aura of a person taking a leisurely stroll. Dressed in a simple coat and t-shirt, he blended in rather well with anyone they passed on the way to Blackmore Castle. At least, better than his companion who had insisted on wearing a white dress with gold lining. "Did you really have to wear that dress? This isn't a party.", He wondered if this girl was even up to the task. They weren't exactly headed somewhere that would welcome them with open arms. That was made apparent moments before when they had to incapacitate a few disorderly stragglers a while back.

"Of course, I can't look unkempt before the princess. Father says that first impressions are important." Etheria responded with little care as she was busy taking in her surroundings. She had lived the life of a hermit, only seeing what her father allowed her to see. To be free for the first time was exhilarating. Ria had seen pictures of the outside world but pictures only appealed to one sense. It could not capture the scents, the sounds. It tickled her senses and was all so overwhelming, it nearly got rid of the nervousness she felt at first. Plagued by thoughts of whether the princess would approve of her, Ria took days finding something to wear and how to greet her. If she were to embarrass herself without her father guiding her.. She didn't even want to think of it. Thinking of the princess now, she recalled the glimpse she had caught before. "Does the princess really wish to return?"

Not expecting such a random question to come from out of nowhere, Kai was thrown off for a moment and took some time to answer. "Doesn't matter. This isn't a rescue mission. I was only tasked with finding her. Whatever you guys do has nothing to do with me. If she wishes to lay in filth, she has no right to lead us in the future." Kai had long heard rumors of the Princess' "Unique" Nature. Although he had yet to see her, he was well aware of the temptation the dark coven brings. He is also well aware of the ruin that follows.

As if on cue, their leading partner, Sarai, appeared beside him, no longer leading the party, signalling them to pause. What is it? He questioned her actions in his mind as he turned his attention back to the surroundings. Having long traveled through alleys to avoid unnecessary attention, It wasn't like the walking glowstick was inconspicuous. They had to incapacitate more people than usual on the way here after all. After taking in their current surroundings Kai found they were hidden well behind a brick wall that had fallen to a dilapidated condition, bricks and rubble lied at their feet while the poorly filled holes in the wall made one wonder how it actually remained standing. Taking note of a rather loosely filled hole, Kai pulled out the rubble within to find a perfect view of Blackmore Castle. "Now that is going to be tough to sneak into. Your princess is there, I suggest we report back and go no further." Kai tried once more to make his stance clear as he stood to the side so Ria could take a peek.

Hearing him call out to her Ria moved forward and stood on her tiptoes to get a good look. Taking in the view with a sigh, she was immediately distracted, memorizing every detail. "Wow! It's so big and weird! Looks nothing like back home~"

"-Oh! Where's the princess?"
Recalling the mission, Ria changed the subject back to the task at hand. Her large golden eyes glanced over expectantly, glowing obviously in contrast to the dreary surroundings. Unable to stand such a strange gaze, Kai covered her eyes with a gloved hand. Wasn't a light elemental a bit too obvious in this environment? Was the king even thinking when he gave them such a dangerous task. He shook his head helplessly, somewhat expecting to be ambushed at any moment. "Could you turn that down? She's most likely in that castle, did you not notice it?"

Not getting the point, Ria calmed down some, her natural glow dimming along with her mood. "Why would she be in the castle? How do you know she's there for sure?"

"It's. A. Cas-tle." Kai answered her as slowly as possible, carefully pronouncing every syllable, hoping something would make it in. "She's a princess of the highest rank. Where else could she be? If she's not in the dungeon, then she's is resting in a guest room. You don't need to take her back with you, now. Just report back and return with an actual rescue party. Just because the worst are said to lurk in the night, it's not like they're any weaker in the day." Speaking from experience, Kai prepared to make his way back.

"But we have yet to even see her!" Unable to stand the wait and not completely convinced that the princess was even in the castle, also recalling an old video game she had played as a child, Ria tugged at Kai's sleeve to force him to pause his steps. "How could we report back if we haven't actually found her? Maybe they want you to think she's in the castle. What if she has already been.." Filled with worry, Ria tried to keep Kai around, if anything just so she doesn't get lost on the way forward. Kai thought about her words for a second, "Well, they could get quite a bit just by keeping her hostage, what reason is there to kill her? They can't all be mad in there." Not wanting to take the risk of barging into an ambush, Kai pulled his sleeve from her firm grasp and began to leave again. He didn't even take three steps before Ria interrupted him once more,this time indirectly.

"Hey! Hello? Do you guys know how to get into the castle?" Ria calmly approached a group of confused passersby exiting a building nearby, a friendly smile on her bright face.

Stunned to a stop once more, Kai felt rage building up. That idiot! She was drawing in trouble and wasn't even armed! Recalling that he held her serrated swords in the spacial ring on his finger, Kai immediately turned around and pulled her behind him, summoning his own sword. However, before he could charge in, he felt someone hit him from behind. He couldn't even curse before falling to the ground unconscious, Sarai bared her fangs and growled at Ria shortly before entering his body without a word soon after in hopes of protecting him should things go wrong.

"Sorry about that, friend." Ria patted his back in apology before turning her attention back to the people she called out to. "See? I am friendly. I have some information for someone inside, I don't suppose you could show me the way?"

[/bg]

"That's strange... Patrol was supposed to be back hours ago."

Carmine was sitting in the barracks checking in with those under him. It seemed that a few of the patrol groups were still out missing from last night. That did not bode well. He stood up from his desk, worried that something must have happened. If not, well then he would have to give his soldiers a serious talking to.

Admittedly this was not how he thought his morning would have gone. There is usually nothing to report, save the fact that there was nothing to report. It's ironic really. He knew that there was something worthy of a report because there was no report saying that there was nothing to report. And there needs to be a report. It's all rather confusing to think about.

Anyway, Carmine donned his armor, and sheathed his sword. It was one of the rare occasions he might need it. While he would have prefered to stay here and keep an eye on the Princess (for her own safety mind you), he could not simply ignore the fact that he had soldiers unaccounted for.

Well it was the strangest thing. As soon as he had exited the building a young woman approached him, rather suddenly mind you. She was wearing a white dress with gold trim. A rather peculiar style to be wearing outside the castle walls of Blackmore Castle. The girl was accompanied by a red haired man, who seemed to understand who he was, given the fact he immediately drew his sword to fight. Though that scuffle was quickly ended by a strange wolf-spirit who knocked him out.

"Well that just kind of happened to me."

He looked to the girl who had addressed him first.

"So that's where my patrol went. Well then, in the name of Blackmore, I, Lieutenant Richelieu, am afraid I must place you and your... Companion under arrest."

He approached her with cuffs in hand.

"Believe me though, this is for your own safety."

@Iceydaze

"Morning, you two." Jenny gave the boys a friendly wave. She had to admit, they were cute, if not exactly to her tastes. "I heard that the servants were making eggs for us today. Hopefully, they put plenty of sausage in mine." Jenny made a note to raise a few zombies as her own personal thralls- having minions made life so much easier.

Simon Methuselah
--
Simon watched as Deverell approached, the half-vampire, the group. Dhampir, he thinks he remembers Deverell calling it. Simon's poisons were designed to affect humans, but he always wondered how they would effect a dhampir. But now was not the time to figure that out. Besides, Simon respected this person, although to call them friends would have been a stretch. Simon was never very big on small talk, or any talk for that matter. When Deverell greeted the group Simon just nodded in his direction.

The group had began talking about getting breakfast. Simon considered this option, after all he could use some food as well. However he wasn't about to remove his mask in front of these people, especially the princess.

"I'm going to head to the barracks." He decided out loud. He wasn't on patrol this night, so he wasn't sure if anything happened outside the castle. Although it was quite unlikely, but it was technically part of his job to guard the castle. Perhaps there are some special assignments waiting for him.

[bg=#000000]
║▌│█│▌│║║█║Ria║▌│█║▌│║║█║

Interactions/Mentions:
Carmine @Reanimator Spuds
Ria's Dress

As she watched him pull out the handcuffs instead of attacking her, Ria felt she made a good choice. From the moment she set her eyes on him, she felt that he had a strange aura around him. It had a hint of warmth that drew people in. This alone made her feel as if she could trust him completely. "Lieutenant? Arrest?.. Oh! Like cops and robbers? I haven't robbed anyone." Clueless as she was, she offered her unarmed hands to him obediently. As she turned her head to look helplessly at her partner, she felt a bit at a loss. "I guess my friend did go a little overboard though. He hits people really hard. Really, such an uptight fellow. Oh! Can we go to the castle? I have someone I would like to see." Eyes bright full of expectation, Ria was all smiles as she turned her gaze back towards the Lieutenant, her natural glow brightening to match her excited state. At this point she truely resembled a "walking glowstick" as Kai had mentioned back when they first set off days ago.

Abruptly recalling she had yet to introduce herself, Ria dropped the smile and blinked away her excitement, her glow steadily dimming along with the change. The excitement from before and the seriousness now were like night and day. Some would probably even think she was suddenly possessed or had a split personality. However, it was just simple protocol to her. Years of playing the role of the genius heiress brought along some peculiar habits. It seemed that it wouldn't be easy to simply be herself even when her father was not by her side. Taking on a more serious tone, Ria introduced herself along with her purpose, most of which she had practiced long before. "My apologies, I have yet to introduce myself. I am Etheria Aster. You may call me Ria if you wish. I was sent by the king to find the princess. As her loyal subject, I simply wish to serve her."

[/bg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... This girl was... something. Here she was, clearly a part of the Light Coven, trying to find her princess. That makes sense. Claudia's parents are likely incredibly worried, no matter what she might think of them. She ran off, leaving them behind. They are likely worried sick. He felt a sudden pang of guilt, but quickly waved it off. He lost his train of thought. This girl, Ria, walked right up to an armed guard of Blackmore, and told her directly that she wanted to meet her princess. Carmine just stood there stunned for a few moments, trying to find the words.

"Uh-huh... Well... Ria. I will do what I can to let you speak with your princess. You deserve answers. However, I hope you realise just how much danger you have put yourself in."

He started cuffing her outstretched arms, which she had given him willingly. There was a note of radiance about her. While, yes, she was quite literally radiant, she was kind and fair. It kicked up a sense of nostalgia. Like he had met someone like her before. And yet, he didn't really understand. He felt awful having to shackle this kind soul, even if it was for her safety.

"You're lucky I was the one who found you. Or rather you're lucky you found me before you found someone else. A lot of the inhabitants of the castle do not take kindly to the light coven. Who knows what would happen if one of the other-"

It was then that he saw exactly what he did not want to see. One of the aforementioned individuals reared his bloodthirsty head.

"Filius Lupai!"

Carmine quickly grabbed the coat off of the unconscious man and wrapped it around Ria. Although that enormous collar made things difficult.

"Keep quiet, and act estranged. And for the love of all that is holy, please stop shining. That is unless you want to lose your head."

As the assassin approached, Carmin saluted him, while picking up the unconscious man.

"Hail Simon. Quite the person to see right now."

• Love
Reactions: Iceydaze
In a small shop located near the castle, the blonde witch named Valerie narrowed her icy blue eyes at the crystal ball in front of her, seeing the so called princess of the light coven are now making friends with her fellow brothers and sisters. Truth be told, she didn't like having a goody two shoes inside the coven. Its just unacceptable! Sure the higher ups wanted the 'princess' to stay but that doesn't mean Valerie wanted her to be with them. It just doesn't feel right. Besides, she hated royalty.

"Tch. I spent an entire week away from the castle, cooped up in my shop casting and breaking curses and this is what happens? What are they thinking?!"

She cannot bear to watch anymore. It irritates her to no end! And to add more fuel to the fire, the figurines in her bookshelves started to rearrange themselves again.

It was common for her figurines to move on its own but for horned god's sake not now!

Valerie knew they did it just to gaul her. To piss her off even more. Instead of the painful grimace and fighting stances she'd left the figurines in, they were now blowing kisses at one another. She felt her guts twist in protest, she always was allergic to romance.

"Could this day get any worse?!" The blonde witch raised her long-well manicured hands to her hips and tapped her red stilletos on the floor. The glare from her eyes could have killed a human in seconds and soon, the glass figures began to wilt. Slowly they moved into combat poses and their dopey expressions became fierce.

"That's much better."

Valerie felt proud of what she did and gave a swift nod to herself before realizing what time it is. It was time for her to run some errands before returning back to the castle!

"Now let's see.." With a flick of her hand, a list suddenly came into view. "If I remembered correctly, I left a note to my black cat Felix ordering three rats, a toad and a newt." She had no doubt he'd have them, disappointment was not an emotion she wore well so she crossed her order out of the list.

"Next is cupcakes. Hmmm.." The blonde witch flicked her hand again and the list bursted into flames. She then walked out of her shop, casted hexes before making her way to the cupcake shop.

The line-up for the cup cake store snaked down the sidewalk and the blonde didn't have the patience for it. A thought suddenly came to mind and she couldn't help but smile. What was the point in being a dark witch if Valerie couldn't break a few rules?

Somehow when she stepped into the front of the queue everyone forgot she hadn't been there all along. The server gave her a round dozen in a box and when she turned to the person behind her they offered to pay her bill. It was just like magic. She smirked to herself. Of course it was magic! She used a little bit of persuasion to get what she wants.

"Ahhh now my day is starting to get better"

She was off to the butcher for a free ham when suddenly, she saw someone familiar arresting an odd pair. Usually, Valerie would stay away and just observe but she remembered Carmine likes cupcakes. It wouldn't be bad to share some of her free cupcakes, right? Besides, she could just continue her errands some other time.

She was just about to approach him when another familiar figure showed up. Valerie didn't need to be a rocker scientist to figure out what's happening. It was obviously clear that Carmine is in trouble and she's going to join in.

"Lieutenant! And Simon!" The blonde approached Carmine with a sweet smile and a tight hug, completely ignoring the walking glowstick and the unconscious man before hugging Simon as well. "I've brought cupcakes. Want to eat them with me?"

[bg=#000000]
║▌│█│▌│║║█║Ria║▌│█║▌│║║█║

Interactions/Mentions:
Carmine @Reanimator Spuds
Valerie @DANAsaur
Simon @Canadian Cat

Ria's Now collarless Dress

Ria's enthusiasm brought back her glow to the fullest once she heard that he would let her see the princess. As she allowed him to arrest her, her smile still didn't show any signs of fading. She clearly showed no signs of recognizing any danger before or even now as she was about to follow some stranger she had just met to just about anywhere. No longer listening as attentively while she was out in her own little world of daydreams, Ria failed to hear the part about how many dark coven members tended to be a little unfriendly towards her people. However she was soon snapped out of it as her new friend cursed in latin out of nowhere. Although she was slightly startled by having her partner's coat thrown over her shoulders, she didn't question his actions whatsoever and assumed he was just being kind and keeping her warm, again not recognizing any sign of danger.

As he was covering her, Ria saw him have a little trouble with the collar and decided to help him out with it a little. Considering it was made of condensed light in the first place, she simply made that little piece dissipate into the air in the form of small balls of light that slowly faded to non existence. Once the coat was on, he gave her some rather confusing directions. Silence was an easy one. She's held her tongue for years after all. Estranged, another easy one for similar reasons. The glow however.. That posed a bit of a problem. It was just a natural piece of her. After racking her brains over it, she eventually decided to hold her breath, which dimmed her glow to an acceptable level. Hopefully the exchange wouldn't last more than seven minutes. If it did, then there would be two bodies for her friend to carry and she might miss out on her chance of meeting the princess. Neither of these scenarios were acceptable.

Curiously taking a peek behind him, she watched a short, dark, mysterious figure make their way over. If the Lieutenant hadn't exclaimed just then, she really wouldn't have noticed him. Watching the Lieutenant salute him, she pondered over the chances of this new fellow being a higher up. Following this line of thought, she made note to treat this guy with respect later. It seemed that it wasn't just him making his way over. Another one joined this little gathering, a female. She was tall, blonde, cute and clearly affectionate as she made her way over and gave her new friend a warm hug. Seeing such strange and forward displays of affection felt abnormal to her. As she watched from the side, Ria tried to make sense of the scene, comparing it to the times she stood to the side at formal gatherings. Recalling past gossip, she put one and one together and assumed some more for the time being.'Ah, she must be his lover. How cute~'
[/bg]

• Love
Reactions: DANAsaur
Simon Methuselah
--
Simon turned away from the group, and made his way for the outside. He was glad to leave, things were getting too friendly back there for his liking. He could feel the sunlight as he exited the castle. The day was slowly getting brighter. He didn't even bother to use his stealth magic, as the daylight would soon render it comically ineffective.

As he turned towards the barracks, he saw that Carmine interacting with what appeared to be two people. As he drew closer he noticed that he had arrested one and the other seemed to be unconscious. It was strange though, there barely seemed to be any signs of a struggle. It shouldn't have been to big of a surprise, the Lieutenant was a skilled fighter after all. Simon just assumed the other man was not.

"Lieutenant Richelieu" Simon said, as he returned his salute. "I see you have been busy, do you need assistance?" He questioned, while moving his hand closer to his dagger.

However this little interaction was interrupted by Valerie, who offered them cupcakes and hugged both the Lieutenant and Simon, who immediately withdrew from that as soon as possible. Simon sighed slightly, he really was trying to avoid this sort of thing.

claudia-banner-2-png.147850

"I'm sure they'll make it just how you want it," Claudia replied when she heard Jenny's comment about the eggs and sausage. This place seemed to be good with pleasing its residents and giving them what they wanted. Her old home was more strict, at least for her anyway. She wasn't allowed to have whatever she wanted or the things she liked. But so far, despite being an outsider at Blackmore they were more willing to give her what she wanted.

Claudia was glad that Jenny was willing to join her with breakfast and even if Dev didn't really want to he was heading there anyway. As for Simon though, he didn't seem like he wanted to come at all, and instead he mentioned that he was going off to the barracks. She was pretty sure it was because of her though, but she couldn't really do anything about it. If he wasn't fond of being around her yet, he wasn't fond of her yet. Hopefully, that wouldn't last forever.

With breakfast in mind, Claudia walked with the others towards the dining room. Shortly after they arrived there the table was already being set with utensils and plates for them to use. Claudia picked an open seat and sat down. Once they sat down the servants were giving them all their breakfast.

"It all looks delicious," Claudia commented just before she took her first bite and started to eat.

@Iceydaze @Canadian Cat @DANAsaur

Oh for the love of... Simon, while a little aggressive and harsh, would never harm anyone unless ordered. Or rather would not harm if ordered not to. However, Valerie was a different story. She was one to hold a grudge for nothing else than a simple smirk that she didn't like. And being an expert in hexes, it would be safe to assume that Ria would be feeling unwell for quite a while.

He was somewhat blindsided by the fact that she simply held embraced him in a hug that was more akin to a vice. However, he gave her a firm pat on the back, not rejecting her signs of... affection?

"Of course I'd love to join you. Although right now, as you can probably see, I've got my hands tied. If you'll be willing to wait for a while, I'd love to accompany you.

He turned to Simon, right as Valerie switched to her new target. Simon clearly did not appreciate it, as he did his best to wriggle out of that iron grasp.

"Simon, if you could please help me. I found these two wandering about. A few of the patrol have not returned, and I suspect these two with being a part of it. I would like to take these two in for questioning. If you could please bring in the one on the ground, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'll send someone to find the missing patrols."

@ScarletNova @daird

Faln had been waiting by the wayside as a few people made drifted inside. There were a few other servants there alongside her, all of whom were working as needed. Faln stood by as Deverell, Jennifer, and Claudia took their seats. She pulled out the chairs of them all, save Jennifer who summoned her own undead servants for her. Faln rolled her eyes a little. It was her job after all. What she's paid for.

However, Faln heard what Claudia had said, and bowed, slightly, keeping her hands folded in front of her.

"Thank you M'lady. And yes, Ms. Blackwood there is plenty of sausage for you to enjoy. Just please do not be too over zealous and leave none for others."

Deverell Rhys
Interacting: Faln @Reanimator Spuds, Jenny @daird Claudia @ScarletNova
Wearing: Black robes
Dev let out a small huff when they asked to join him, but he merely nodded. It wouldn't hurt going together. He walked with the two girls, not making a sound. He sat with them as they sat for breakfast, himself nodding in appreciation to the elven maid. While he had never actually gotten to know the woman, he had respect for her. As far as he could tell, she was a bit like him in the sense that they have been estranged.

"Thank you, Miss Faln." He said with a small smile as he took his seat. He always had an appreciation for waitstaff. He couldn't stand those who treated them poorly. His mother had always taught him to treat people kindly if they perform a service in your favor. She had been a kind woman.

Deverell stared out at the food laid before him. Still, even after all the years he had spent at the castle, the spread of foods amazed him. He had never seen so much food in his life before he came to Blackmore. When he was a young child, he was well fed on goat's milk, vegetables, fresh fruits, and fresh breads, but it was always a little tight. Here he could eat all he wanted with no repercussions other than Faln chastising him for not leaving enough food for the others. Of course, old habits die hard, and Deverell simply chose many of the fruits from the table, as well as a few slices of warm sliced ham. The fruits sated his thirst the best out of everything, so he felt no guilt in gorging himself on peaches, pears, and oranges. They were often overlooked by others in favor of sweets as well.

While Deverell didn't speak, he listened to the girls conversing, soaking up information. He would retire to the library when he finished, to the areas provided to try out small, non-hazardous spells. He had discovered the words to summon a small imp without it causing mischief, and needed to try it.
Wearing:
X in her human glamour
Eshira watched the newcomers at the gate with interest. She could easily tell they were from the light coven, what with Little Miss Sunshine and everything. She groaned softly. This would be annoying. She'd need to play this carefully, for if she destroyed the two, then the light coven would surely march on the castle in revenge for their fallen comrades and their princess. Good people were honorable and bothersome like that.

Eshira had her demonic presence masked, but she also didn't want to risk being sensed. She didn't know what the girl was capable of, and the demon wanted to stay the Ace in Blackmore's sleeve. With a short laugh, she disappeared from the area, appearing inside the dining hall. With a wave of her hand, she changed into her human glamour, her outfit having been so meticulously planned in the time it took her to switch from her demon self to the human mask.

The scent of mortal food often made her sick, but there was something about many breakfast foods that drew her. The only thing that pleased her smell were the foods from animals, especially raw meats. She would sometimes indulge in a blue rare steak as a treat for herself. She scanned the crowd, grinning when she saw a most interesting subject. The ex-princess of the Light coven herself. Hurrying over, she draped her arms over the lone male of the group, Deverell. He immediately tensed up, which made her laugh. Her laugh was light and airy, not one to expect from a demon, but one to expect from a succubus.

"Oh little Dev, you still are so shy! I have to say, you are one of the few who hasn't played with me yet! We should fix that." She gave him a huge grin, laughing again when he started sputtering objections. She stood back up, wedging herself into the group. "Hello Jennifer my dear. Quite the appetite you have there." She gestured to the plate of food in front of her. "Perhaps there are other appetites I can sate?" She gave her a wink, before turning to the newest member. She looked her up and down, still sensing the aura of good from where she came from. That made her sneer for a flash.

"Hello hello lovely! I don't believe we've met. The princess herself! My name is Eshira, the resident succubus. I assume everywhere has a resident succubus, it would be a shame if they didn't." She stole a bit of ham from Dev's plate, popping it into her mouth. "I am the one who gets spells tossed at her and potions tested on. I am quite resilient, and you can pretty much test anything you like on me. I am also here for the residents' more intimate needs, so you can always come calling if you need my services."

Being an airhead was exhausting. When she was first given this job, she almost killed her master. Of course, that would have ended badly, as he could kill her with a snap of his fingers. But to go to Blackmore and pretend to be a succubus? It was demeaning. Granted, she was able to absorb and store an incredible amount of energy to make herself more powerful, but it was still not the best of arrangements.

Tearing herself away from her thoughts, she clapped Dev on the back. "I'll tell you I'm definitely more resilient than this fragile lil thing. He starves himself, he can barely take a punch." She moved to her own chair finally, scooping mostly meat onto her plate, as well as some eggs. A plate of veggies nearby made her nostrils burn, so she pushed them away from her.

Jenny took a seat, and served herself a good, solid helping. The chefs here were great. Then again, the coven made sure to hire only the best mortals. She turned to Claudia. The light princess had piqued her interest earlier. "Claudia, you said you wanted to work on some spells. What exactly are you looking into?" She gave the other witch a warm smile; she'd be glad to help her however she could. There were few enough dark mages in the world- they had to stick together, regardless of circumstances of birth.

claudia-banner-2-png.147850

Claudia gave a nod towards Faln to acknowledge her thank you, then took another bite of her breakfast. It really was quite delicious and eating breakfast here seemed to be much more relaxing to her than back at the light coven. There she was always forced to be on her best behavior, wear uncomfortable clothing she hated as soon as she woke up, and to be as good as you could be. Though, some forced habits died hard, and Claudia still found herself being polite and using proper etiquette.

Dev didn't seem to be the most sociable, but if Claudia thought about it, she wasn't always either. Actually, she was talking more now at Blackmore than most of her life. Back home she barely spoke to anyone. It was strange sometimes, and she was hesitant, but she preferred to be accepted here.

It was then that another resident she hadn't met yet arrived in the dining room to have breakfast. She was very cheerful and friendly for a Blackmore resident, but perhaps that was just because she was a succubus. At least that was what she said she was to Claudia when she introduced herself. Claudia wouldn't be able to tell otherwise. She looked like a human to her.

"It is nice to meet you. I'm Claudia," she replied with the introductions. She thought it would be best to leave out that she had never met a succubus before and that the light coven didn't have one at all. They were too...sinful for the light coven. That's what they said about many supernatural beings that Claudia has now seen all over Blackmore castle. "Thank you, but I don't think I'll be needing your service in that matter."

"Oh, yes," Claudia then said when Jenny commented about what Claudia had mentioned earlier. "I'm quite curious about the dark arts. I'd be willing to learn anything that you'd like to teach me. There's nothing specific yet that I have in mind. Mostly that I just want to understand more."