Of Magic and Moonlight IC

Steve was left alone at the table. Ordinarily this would not be an issue, but the feathered fiend was very much aware of a certain someone’s murderous intent. So he kept a sharp golden eye fixed on the male referred to as Kai and prepared to fly away in the case of an attack. And oh yes there would be a torrent of taunts and curses should anything go down with the male, maybe a bit of bloodshed too if he managed to get a solid bite in... Now he really wanted to start something. “It’s rude to stare.” The bird squawked at Kai once he finished his meal.

However, another person and creature arrived at the table. His feathered head cocked to the side in confusion as he studied the imp and the silver coin held in its grasp. “Who are you?” He asked the small creature, keeping a cautionary distance from it. Seeing that it was gnawing on a piece of metal, Steve figured that it was hungry. And in an effort to tutor Kai on manners, Steve carefully pushed his plate toward the sandwich tray. Once it was close enough, he carefully picked up a sandwich with his beak and put it on the plate for the creature. The sandwich had an assortment of leafy greens, deli meats and cheese on it, perfect for a creature of unknown food preferences. He then pushed his plate over to the imp, stopping a few inches from it. ”Here you go, food time!” His feathers puffed up proudly as he presented the imp the sandwich.

• Love
Reactions: Iceydaze
Vielyn and Natharra Argith
Interacting: None
Wearing: Nat, Vi

The two siblings sat across from one another, finishing their breakfast. Nat had already eaten hers, and was reapplying a bit of lipstick while looking into her mirror. Vielyn was more absentmindedly eating and only had half of his plate finished, his eyes glued to a book as he slowly brought food to his face. After finishing her makeup touchup, Natharra looked to her brother and sighed a bit, her eyes shifting down to his plate.

"Are you gonna eat the rest of that or are you too engrossed in your book?" She asked, though received minimal response. He nodded slowly, flipping a page, muttering an 'mmhm' of absent agreement. She rested her chin on her hand, smirking a bit.

"Hey Vi, can I sleep in your room tonight?"

"Yep."

"Can I reorganize your bookshelf?"

"Yep."

Nat rolled her eyes, taking the book from his hands and closing it, tucking it under her arm. He looked at her furiously, but she just gestured to his food.

"Hurry up, slow poke. Your book can wait, your stomach can't. You can read once you're done." He nodded sheepishly, going to finish off his breakfast. This hadn't been the first time he got too concentrated on a book and it wouldn't be the last. She tended to have to remind him that food existed, especially when he was reading.

"So, what are your plans today?" He asked in between mouthfuls of food. She knew that whatever her plans were, he'd probably tail along. He didn't much like being without her unless he locked himself in his room. He very much disliked being in public without her. Nat shrugged.

"Not sure, I'll figure something out. I hear there's a new person, maybe we can introduce ourselves."

haku-2-jpg.160130

It was cute how humble her saviors were being that it just made the tiger demon smile at them. She turned as they watched the hunter disappear somewhere, and they mentioned something about going after him. She looked over towards Ria and Tiresias as they spoke. "Let's not worry about that right now," she replied to them. "We'd look like the bad guys if we did and we'd end up with a price on our head for all the hunters." Well, they were part of the dark coven so they probably already had them, but it might get worse.

Besides, Luna was pretty sure that they weren't finished with him anyway. He'd probably come back. But he'd be stupid to mess with a place that had a whole dark coven behind it's walls. He would end up dead or imprisoned his whole life for sure. Though, Luna figured he might be going to his friends anyway, perhaps to come up with some kind of plan. She might have a problem the next time she left a castle.

"Don't worry. I'm fine," she then told her old and new friends. "He didn't do anything to me." It wasn't like he would really be able to do anything if he tried really, but Luna wasn't going to mention that. She let out a little giggle to lighten the mood.

"Let's go inside! I've missed home. And it seems we have someone new here too!"
She glanced over towards Ria. Luna had been around with Claudia arrived, but she was unaware of the other new residents that had joined them recently. Already, the cat demon headed off towards the castle, motioning for the others to join her.

claudia-banner-2-png.147850

Claudia was relieved to see that the hunter left with no problems and that everyone seemed to be fine. Though she also debated if that was really the end or not. It seemed odd that he would simply leave so quickly, but perhaps it was because he realized what he was getting into.

She turned away from the window when she noticed that they appeared to be coming inside and face those still in the dinning room. It was then that Dev joined their group and had brought some type of creature with him. She didn't know what it was as there was never anything in any of the books she had read back home about it. It was such an odd creature, especially since it was biting on a coin.

"Dev. What is that?" she questioned. She hoped that they understood why she wouldn't know what it was. There were so many creatures, species, and races she had never known of. How could her family keep these all a secret, even if they were apart of the dark coven.

She was even more surprised when Steve the parrot suddenly put some food on a plate and pushed it towards the other creature. That was some bird. She had never seen anything like it. Tiresias either trained it really well or it was extremely smart. She would have to talk about it with him out of curiosity, hopefully he wouldn't mind.

Claudia went back to her spot at the table and placed her empty plate and utensils together in one pile to make it easier. "This is really such an amazing place," she muttered.

Simon Methuselah
--

Simon was glad, as the fog and darkness came over him. His magic was not very effective at this time of day, however this sudden lack of sunlight gave Simon just the advantage he needed. Simon fused the coming darkness with his own magic as well. Cloaking himself in the shadows as he ran towards the would-be hunter. Just one question creaked into Simon’s mind, how?

-Tiresias-

He heard Luna mention the name of the skeleton, and it just clicked. Of course, that clever creature! It came as no surprise to Simon when he saw that man take off running. Although Simon did frequently work alone, he knew that combining the powers of the dark coven would make them near invincible.

Once the man appeared a safe distance away, Simon let the shadows drop from from around his form. Mostly revealing himself to the others. As Luna came in to kiss him on his cheek, Simon couldn’t help but flinch, he was not used to this kind of affection.

”You know my loyalties are to the Coven.” Simon said in reply to her thanks. He then turned to Tiresias ”And you know my powers don’t work well in the light, I was much stronger with your aid.” He said, attempting to compliment the skeleton.

Simon decided to follow the rest of the group back inside, however his thoughts kept drifting back to the the hunter. Even though he ran, that man appeared much stronger then the ones Simon has encountered before… Perhaps tonight he’ll try and gather more information. But that would have to wait, for now anyway.