Of Magic and Moonlight IC

Jenny poked her head up from a book on hexes, seeing Claudia come into the room. She gave a wry little smile; if nothing else, the light princess was certainly an eager beaver. "Come over here, Claudia. We have a little spot here for spellcrafting."

The location was an open spot on the floor, with a bewildering array of arcane symbols. If Claudia was particularly sensitive to dark energies, she'd feel a slight chill and goosebumps on her skin. "Dark magic is a vast subject- I don't think there's a single witch alive who knows it all. That said, I can help you start your journey. If you'd like, we can start with a bit of physical necromancy, or if there's something else you'd like to learn, that's fine too."

@ScarletNova

@Iceydaze

Carmine wasn't expecting her to know who he was talking about. He had already resigned himself to never see the friends he had once known. But hearing Ria speak, even if it was cut off by her companion caused a smile to spread across the worn down Sorcerer. However, he was soon reminded of the situation that, not only he, but these two, were in. Her companion called him out, claiming he could be bluffing

Annoying as it was that he refused to trust him, he had a point. He has no reason to trust him. None at all. Carmine merely sighed accepting that his trust would not be nearly as easy to obtain. He looked at the man. Sized him up. Clearly not human. As he parted his lips to protest, Carmine could have sworn he saw slight points at the end of his teeth, forming fangs almost. He decided not to bring it up. The man clearly has something against half-breeds.

"You're right. You don't know. Right now, I have more control over you. Locked away in a cell with countless number of the people you call enemies around, ready to retaliate at the slightest bit of aggression. I could easily have you two executed within the hour. But I won't. I don't want to. All I can give you is my word, and my word says I do not want unnecessary blood shed. I don't hate the light. All I can give you is that."

His voice was low, and sincere. As he spoke, all he could think of was his friends that he once knew, eager to hear from someone again. Carmine looked between the two of them, looking into their eyes.

"I ask you to believe me. And if not me, Lady Claudia. I can bring her here to talk. That is what you're here for, yes?"

He found himself directing this comment to Ria, feeling she would be more agreeable than the surly man in the cell, whom Carmine still did not know the name of.

claudia-banner-2-png.147850

"Ah, Jenny," Claudia spoke as she saw the young woman pop out from her book. She walked over towards the witch and took a seat along with her as she listened to her comments. She did felt a little odd once she entered the area, as she wasn't used to the darkness like most of the witches here, but she had been already working on that.

"I would love to learn some about necromancy actually." That was one of Jenny's specialties and it seemed like a good idea to learn that from someone who really understood it. She knew that it could become complicated, but it seemed like a smart idea to start out hard so that way the other things would be easier. She examined the circle first, trying to understand how they did their spell casting. Each witch did things a little differently, but dark was much different than light over all and she needed to understand those differences at least.

"Of course, I know there is so much to learn, and I will never be able to learn all of it, but I would like to start. I think it would be a good idea to get some information from an expert."

"Excellent!" Jenny went over to a shelf and picked up a recently deceased mouse. "Let's start with making zombies- that's always fun, right?" She placed the corpse on the floor, took out a piece of chalk and started drawing. If Claudia knew anything about symbolic magic, she'd recognize a lot of glyphs for life and death, ends and beginnings.

"There are a few things you need to remember. First, the fresher the corpse, the easier it is to reanimate- you simply have more to work with. Second, size matters. This is easy, but a zombie elephant would be difficult even for me. Lastly, you always need a blood offering to appease the spirits of death. They tend not to like mortals screwing around in their domain." She took out a ritual knife and sliced her palm. "As for the magic itself, it's difficult to explain in words. You need to use mana to form all the bonds that would be there in life- muscle to bone, nerves to skin, etc. It's a lot like healing magic, actually."

Jenny closed her eyes for a few seconds, and the mouse started to run around. Claudia would probably be able to feel the dark power it took to reanimate the corpse. With a wave of her hand, the mouse stilled, and Jenny opened her eyes again. "You want to try, Claudia?"

Deverell Rhys
Interacting: nobody
Wearing: Black robes

Deverell made a few gestures, hoping this would work. He could easily banish an imp, but they were still frustrating and annoying creatures. A few more gestures, and a sacrifice of a single silver sixpence, and a small pillar of smoke arose from the floor. It dissipated into the air, and in its place sat a squat creature with tiny wings. It squeaked, and eagerly grabbed the coin in front of it, taking a bite of half of it, and shoving the other half down its gullet. What they did with silver coins, Dev really didn't want to know, but it was the best sacrifice you could give to them.

The small creature looked up at Dev, the dhampir making more gestures, these ones different from the first. He muttered some words under his breath, quickly, as he knew the imp would waste no time in escaping the small room and getting into trouble. A red ring appeared around the creature, following it as it began to flit about the room. It screeched in a panic, and then anger, going to attack Dev. However, it was not fast enough, and the small creature floated gently to the ground, standing in one spot. It looked bewildered, glancing up at Dev.

"Okay..." Dev muttered, tapping his shoulder. "Land here." The little creature hopped into the air, flapping up to his shoulder. It chirped, the befuddlement apparent in its face. Perhaps this would work after all. Dev placed another coin on the floor, and walked away from it. The imp struggled internally, wanting to grab the coin.

"Stay here, don't go to the coin." It tapped about on his shoulder, looking like a cat trying to catch a bird past a window. Eventually, the thing gave up, and sat down defeated. To encourage the good behavior, Dev gave him the coin. It squealed gleefully, holding the coin in its hands. The coin was about as big as its head. However, he didn't swallow this coin. He just held it, practically hugging the thing. Finally, Dev opened the door to the rest of the library, standing in the doorway. The imp looked as if it wanted to tear through the library, tearing it apart, but it couldn't.

"Don't leave my shoulder." Dev ordered it, moving a bit out of the room. It seemed moderately content, so long as it had its coin. He knew imps were mischievous, but they were also oppressed in the world of summons. Other demons and spirits bullied them, so perhaps that was why they never listened to anyone in the real world without any kind of spell. Dev wanted to see just how long he could keep his hold on this imp, so went about his business with his books.

Looking around, he saw Jenny and Claudia trying out some spells as well. He nodded politely to them, before going to the sections of the library on demons and summoned creatures. He'd need to find out proper ways to care for the imp, at least short term.
Wearing:
Nothing, in her humanoid demon appearance
Eshira watched as everyone left from the gate. She still needed information, but she couldn't get it from Carmine, for obvious reasons. Valerie likely had no information. That left everyone's favorite brooding assassin. Eshira floated after the male, landing on the ground next to him.

"Simon!" She greeted, grabbing onto his arm. "I have a tiny little favor to ask of you! In return, I can get you whatever you might want that's within reason." She grinned, letting his arm go, standing in front of him.

"All I wanna know was who those little things at the gate were. They were awfully bright and sparkly, I couldn't help but notice. Why are they here? Are they here for that little princess? What'll happen to them? Please tell me!" She practically begged. She couldn't stand the persona she put on herself when talking to mortals. Stupid airheaded succubi. Her master would scold her harshly if she was found out, though, so she had to keep up the act.

She already knew who they were, but she wanted as much information as she could get. She needed them to be gone, but couldn't kill them. She'd need to get them away from here as quickly as she could. Even if she had to get rid of the reason they were here in the first place.

[bg=#000000][/bg][bg=#000000]
Kei ║▌│█│▌│║║█║║▌│█║▌│║║█║ Ria

Interactions/Mentions:
Carmine @Reanimator Spuds

Kai had to admit, he really was in no position to do much of anything. Having no control over the situation simply didn't sit well with him but this wasn't the best place to lose your temper. Having no more to say, Kai had chosen to sit back and observe the situation. The more their captor directed questions to the idiot at fault, the more uneasy Kai felt. Typical demon. Starting with the weakest link..

Unaware of Kai's fierce gaze, she immediately brightened at the mention of the princess. If it weren't for the lingering dizziness, she would have definitely jumped from the joy bubbling inside her. Instead, she sat up and rested her legs on the side of the bed, swaying from a fun mixture of elation and vertigo. "Really?! Y-yes that's exactly what we're hoping for~! Ah, well, that's what I'm here for at least.." Directing her curious gaze towards her partner, Ria silently wondered why he didn't leave once they entered the dark coven's territory.

Noticing her stare, Kai suddenly felt like beating that dumb look off of her. With great restraint, he held back on lashing out and instead looked away from the pair in the other cell. "Sure." Saying no more, he chose to ignore them and instead tried to think of what he just heard. If this demon could easily bring her here, was it that this man's rank was high or was it that the princess wasn't really kidnapped in the first place? If it was the first, getting out of here might present an issue. If it were the second, then getting the princess back home to an even heavier paycheck was beginning to sound quite tempting.
[/bg]

Upon arriving at the castle, Valerie didn't dare to waste any time. She needed to find the goody two shoes princess and judge her for herself. After all, Valerie needs to know the princess' true intent. Even though there were rumors that the princess is really evil, Valerie doubts it. "A light coven will be light through and through"

With her heels clicking against the marbled floor, the blonde witch began her search. She knew she could use a locator spell to find Claudia but unfortunately, she doesn't have any of her target's belongings. She also knew she could just ask the staff around the palaca but that could cause some suspicion.

"I guess I have no choice.." she muttered to herself before standing against a castle wall, closing her eyes and inhaling hard. "
COPH vocem meam audiunt arce muros. Ne hac pythonissam invenire secretum. Et covina locum lumine opus est filia reginae."

It was an old spell taught to her by the coven. A spell to listen to the castle walls.

Shivers ran down her spine as whispers started to fill her ears. She could feel her energy being pulled out of her while the whispers became louder and louder, words overlapping against each other. The castle walls held so many deep dark secrets. So many rumors. But Valerie didn't dare listen to any of them. If she didn't the information she needs and heard a differrent secret, the castle walls could crumble. She doesn't want that to happen.

The library. The one you seek is in the library

Valerie quickly pulled her hand away causing her knees to buckle. Soon, the blonde found herself sitting on the floor with her eyes wide and her breathing ragged. The spell takes up so much energy and magic that it should be used with caution. "The library.." she panted, forcing herself to stand up "I have to go to rhe library."

The cold damp air wrapped around her like a heavy coat of chain mail as she ascended the tight spiral staircase to the library. She was still weak from the spell and by the time she arrived and opened the heavy double doors, she's already out of breath. But Valerie being Valerie, she made sure to compose herself right after. The goody two shoes princess shouldn't find Valerie gasping for air and looking weak. That's just horrendous!

The library was huge. It was anyone could ever dream of. Rows and rows of book covered the walls and Valerie was so tempted to run her fingers through the spines. But she's on an important mission! She must meet the princess.

The blonde witch rounded up a corner and was gobsmacked when she saw not the one she's looking for but rather Dev with an imp on his shoulder! The blonde couldn't help but get curious and decided to look for Claudia later.

"Is that an imp?" Valerie asked knowing she stated the obvious. "How in the world did you get an imp on your shoulder? I couldn't make those blasted creatures follow my orders! Let alone have one sit on my shoulder"

Simon Methuselah
--
Simon, let the awoken guard deal with his companions as he turned his attention to the subcubes. Simon always felt a little uneasy around her, there was just something about her that he could never trust. Granted there was pretty much something about everyone that he couldn't trust…

"I don't know" Simon replied to her questions. "I didn't bother to ask, Carmine seemed to have it handled."

One of the guards stepped a little closer to the too. "You mean the intruders?" The guards stammered "They came right when we were about to head back to the barracks… They demanded we take them to the castle and see a princess… We refused, of course, and the man attacked us and left us unconscious…"

Simon glanced toward the Guards. Useless as ever, he thought to himself… After all the Lieutenant defeated and arrested the pair by himself. With people this useless, what was the point of having guards?

"You all awake? Good, go fill out the report" Simon said to the guard.

Reactions: Iceydaze

Claudia watched as Jenny explained and demonstrated her spell. It was quite interesting watching the corpse come back to life right in front of her eyes. Yes, she was used to magic, but magic like that wasn't something she ever actually saw. The light coven frowned upon magic that would bring someone or something back from the dead, at least in the sense of necromancy.

Claudia noticed Dev and gave him a nod as well, but what she focused on more was the creature siting on his shoulder like some parrot. That was obviously not a parrot though, rather an imp. Such a strange creature that she had only read about in the forbidden books in the light coven's library, ones that she rarely had gotten the chance to read.

But it was time to focus on the magic in front of her and Claudia went back to Jenny's mini lecture. "Yes," she muttered in response with a nod. She matched Jenny's actions, keeping in mind what the witch had told her, trying to feel and envision every part of the mouse coming back to life.

And it worked as she saw it beginning to move around when she opened her eyes. After all, Claudia already understood the basics of magic. However, the spell didn't last long and rather than her stopping it, it ended on its own. She could feel the darkness within her unlike the presence she felt when just watching it instead. Using dark magic was still different than light magic and she would at least need to get used to the feeling it gave her and the affects it had.

"What an odd feeling," she commented.

"Very good, very good." Jenny clapped her hands in delight at how easily Claudia took to the magic. "It took me several tries to get that right when I was learning. Then again, I didn't have as much general experience at magic as you do." The necromancer gave the light princess a nod. "Well, since I've helped you, maybe you could help me. I've never been good at wards- that's more a light magic specialty. Could you teach me how to do a good spirit ward?"

@ScarletNova @darid

This was wonderful. Carmine could bring the princess to them, have her talk, and if all goes well they would be out of the castle and back to their home kingdom safe and sound. He wondered if they would send a message for him when they returned. There weren't many people he could speak to. One would the mother who he left alone, without a word. The other would be his former friend, Louis. Looking back on the time they spent together, Carmine realised just how much he missed him. He left on such a poor note. He wanted to make amends. Knowing that he was still there gave him hope.

"Thank you. Thank you so much, I'll be back in a moment with the princess." With a courteous bow, Carmine rushed out the door, leaving the door open in his haste. There was still so much that he wanted to know. He didn't want to bother Lady Claudia, as she must have had her reasons for leaving, and might not wish to discuss it much. But these two, they might know more about what happened after he left. Maybe they know what truly happened to Joan that night.

Of course... He had no idea where she was. He hadn't thoroughly thought this through. As he left the barracks, he spotted Simon talking with the missing patrol. Glad they're okay at least. But hanging onto his arm was Eshira. The resident succubus. allegedly. She had been around on the few occasions with his father, and he never really felt she fit in with the succubus type. Sure she had an otherworldly charm to her, but it didn't have the same allure that say his had. Or even Carmine. However, in spite of this doubt, Carmine never questioned her or accused her of anything more than the occasional illicit activity. He hurried by them, hoping they didn't have any questions for him. He would rather keep things simple and quiet.

He spent some time searching across the massive manor. She was not at the dining hall, nor the sitting room. The drawing room, the lounge, the garden, conservatory, empty. He had ran across the castle asking any of the help he could find. Eventually he found Faln, heading toward the servant's quarters. She pointed him to the library. Carmine was out of breath by now, having run across the almost the entirety of the grounds, he pushed open the doors. There he saw quite a few people all spending their day in the library. It seemed to be fuller than usual.

He wandered by the many rows upon rows of tomes, journals, and grimoires. There he spotted Valerie and Deverell, talking about an imp. She was rather loud, even in a library. He passed by other occupants of the castle, all whom were reading and studying. Soon he spotted Claudia sitting alongside Jenny, who was requesting help with warding. He approached the pair, and bowed to the two of them. "As a practitioner of undeath, I would imagine you would like to have a basic understanding of wards. Spirits can be nasty things, so protecting yourself from an angry one seems paramount before practicing on their mortal coils." It was then he realised that he was lecturing, and not grabbing the princess, as he had been trying to do in the first place. "Ah! I'm sorry I got a little distracted. Lady Claudia, someone has requested your audience. If you would please come with me, I'm quite certain they would be thrilled to see you."

Teaching something herself to someone else? Claudia had never done that before, and she didn't really know if she would be good at teaching someone either. However, Jenny had just helped her and it seemed right to repay the favor. "Alright," Claudia replied. "I'll try my best to teach you, though I've never taught anyone any magic before."

Just as she was about to begin, someone else already starting talking about it. It was Carmine, but his lecture didn't last long as he spoke to her specifically of a request for her audience. So, Claudia's hunch was correct. The light she saw earlier did have something to do with the light coven. That had to be the only reason he wanted her.

"Ah, alright then," she said as she got up. "I'm sorry Jenny, but we'll have to continue later today. I promise I'll teach you though. It is the least I can do for you." Claudia gave a small bow and nod of respect towards the dark witch.

"Shall we go?" She turned to Carmine and followed him out of the library and to wherever he planned to take her.

2449040997933da8165ce909febf9e18--fantasy-men-anime-fantasy.jpg

Corbin Harcourt
Interacting: nobody

Wearing: Black jeans, singlet,
Tailcoat Jacket
The entrance gates to the castle were barely open wide enough when a dodge challenger could be heard before it was seen, drifting around the last two corners before it tore up the long driveway, narrowly avoiding a cluster of guards who were making rounds past the front. Its wheels spun violently, grinding up dirt and sending a plume of dust up from the bitumen. It did not slow as the vehicle progressed towards the castle and by the way it screeched to a halt in front of the doors would give the impression of the driver being somewhat rushed. Though this was not at all the case as the driver's door opened and a tall man in a long tailed black coat stepped out from the car, casually swinging the door shut as he strolled nonchalantly away toward the large entrance. His long black hair was pulled back and tied with a black satin tie, streaks of red contrasting as thin strips of fringe fell untamed. Slender fingers of his left hand were wrapped around the neck of a half empty tequila bottle whilst his resounding boot steps could be heard hitting the concrete steps. The prince had not been home for several days following the imprisonment of the light coven princess after what could only be described as an 'eventful' argument with his father over the fate of the princess. It had left several rooms in disarray and innocent bystanders injured; the king threatening his son with a thousand kinds of punishment in frustration and Corbin taking his own frustrations out in just about anything within reach.

Corbin's eyes searched the lobby of the castle entrance from behind a tinted set of shades, his right hand lifting them onto his head, exposing the brilliant emerald glint of his eyes. Though it wouldn't be seen right away due to the way his long tailed coat covered most of Corbin's form, the singlet he wore beneath it was covered in grime and dried blood, evidence remaining from his activities away from the castle walls. It was not unusual for the dark prince to have spent so much time off in the city, though surprisingly this day he was only sporting a light hangover. A ringed finger tapped on the glass of the tequila bottle as he proceeded further into the castle, headed for the kitchens with food on his mind after a long evening of booze induced partying and chaos had left him with a rather large appetite. He had no intentions to see his mother or father who were both undoubtedly busy playing politics and negotiating, the King having used the light princess as a bartering chip. The castle was fairly quiet this morning though a low hum of voices stirred down the hallways. Quiet was fine by Corbin who preferred silence when at home.

His right hand brushed the wood of a doorway as he stepped into another hall, walking across the castle until he reached the kitchen, ignoring the servants that he had passed along the way. They were all like furniture to him these days having grown up in a place where people came and went only to serve the Harcourt family and their guests. In truth it was the servants who had scuttled away in a rush as the prince had appeared, fearful of his unpredictable tendencies to cause them strife and torment. Entering the large industrial sized kitchen Corbin made his way to the cool room fridge and paused just before the door to place the half empty tequila bottle on the workbench before pulling the large sliding door open and stepping in. he searched the shelves until he found a small container of cold meat, taking it out and turning; watching the kitchen staff as he leant back against the cool room door which was still open. Shoving a handful of cut roast chicken into his mouth he ate, ignoring the chef who had turned and stared at Corbin with disbelief that the prince had not bothered to shut the door of the cool room fridge. If the chef was smart he would keep quiet as the prince continued to eat and watch the way the staff moved about the kitchen with panic.

Deverell Rhys
Interacting: Valerie @DANAsaur
Wearing: Black robes

Dev flipped through a book he had set aside that was all about demons. The imp stayed obediently on his shoulder, though he could feel the little creature suddenly tense. Deverell turned to the reason it suddenly got worried, only to see Valerie coming to him. She had wondered hoe he had gotten the imp to obey, mentioning how she could never do that. He nodded slightly, gesturing to his pile of books.

"After weeks of study and digging, I found a spell that makes them magically inclined to obey the caster." He put his hand up to the imp, and it stepped forward, still grasping the coin tightly. "I am still testing it. I don't want there to be any problems before I make the spell more well known to others. As far as I know, it only works on imps, but it might work on other creatures too. Some of the harder to tame demons, perhaps." He put the imp on the table, where it sat, eyes darting between Valerie and Dev.

"Stay." Deverell commanded as he saw the thing's foot start to inch towards the edge of the table. It stopped with a defeated huff. Deverell went back to his books, looking through some of the nearby shelves to see if any would potentially help him. It would be a difficult journey, trying to keep the imp from flying off and wreaking havoc, but it would be well worth it. If he could find out how to keep it comfortably on earth, that was.

"As for my next adventure, trying to find out how to properly care for an imp. I know they like silver, and they ingest it, but I don't know if they need it to survive. It might be food, or they might just like the taste." He stared down at the small creature, who had absentmindedly started to gnaw on the coin. "Unfortunately, they cannot comprehend human languages, and cannot actually speak even if they could." He gave a small sigh, glancing back at Valerie. He had never really talked to her much. He doubted they would get along well.

"Anyway, how are you today?" He asked, deciding to at least be cordial. He looked past her, seeing Carmine going to Claudia. The princess seemed distressed about something, and was readying to leave with Carmine. He hadn't overheard what they were talking about. Hopefully everything was okay.
Wearing:
Nothing, in her humanoid demon appearance
Eshira harrumphed at Simon's answer. Leave it to the stupid humans to not know anything. However, a guard spoke up, telling her of the people. It was all information she already knew, unfortunately, so he wasn't much help either. More stupid humans.

"Thank you so much darling!" She gushed at the guard who had spoken up. "You just might find a nice surprise later tonight." She gave him a large wink, before darting away to now go find Carmine. Where there was Carmine was likely to be prisoners, and perhaps the princess herself. She would have to plan this carefully. At the moment, it seemed as if just getting rid of the princess would be the easiest route to take. She would be least missed by both parties involved and would be easier to hide. The ones sent to retrieve her would make her job harder if they disappeared. She didn't need a war party on her hands.

However, before she would go confront Carmine, she really needed to let off some steam. This act was so frustrating to keep up. She needed to talk to her master about how much longer she was being forced to suffer the embarrassment of pretending to be some sex-driven succubus.

Falnwell
@KC
Breakfast was over, and Faln was left to clean up the rest. After she was done, she wandered down the halls, checking room after room, seeing how the maids were doing. There were a few dusty window sills, and cobwebbed corners left untouched. Some were intentional, yes (much to her dismay) but others were just a sheer lack of effort and attention to detail, which she found even more irksome. By the time she was done, however, they sitting room, the conservatory, the lounge, drawing room, several guest rooms, another sitting room, were all clean and tidy. Pleased with her work, Faln took off down the halls, walking past the windows, she spotted a black car with as much muscle as the head of it's owner.

"Oh joy. Our BENEVOLENT Prince has returned."

Faln was still quite upset with him for causing such a ruckus almost a week ago. They completely destroyed that part of the manor! Not only that, but had it not been for Deverl and the Lieutenant, quite a few more workers would have been severely injured, or worse. And of course he drove as like a bat out of hell, nearly running over several people. That was just like him. As reckless and uncaring as ever. Fantastic.

She walked further running into Carmine, and directing him toward the princess. As she walked, into the foyer, Corbin finally entered the house. Judging by the empty bottle of alcohol, the dark shades, and the way he held his head, that man was hungover. But that wasn't her problem right now. Instead, her problems were the flower arrangements. They were all wrong, off place, mismatched, it was a mess. So then, that led her to correct it. She spent a moment before being pleased with her work. With that done, was excited to enjoy a little alone time before she had to prepare lunch. She passed by the kitchen again, noticing a maid quickly fleeing the room. She asked her what she was doing, and she said that Corbin had invaded the kitchen.

She couldn't blame the woman. Not after what he did before he left. She pressed her fingers to her temple, irritated with the prince. Walking into the kitchen, she saw most of the staff shifting gaze, and inching away from the prince in the corner. With an audible sigh she called out to them, telling them they were free to leave. Then as they were clearing out, she approached the prince, feasting on cold chicken. She was not scared of this man. He was angry and violent, like a spoiled child who breaks his toys. However, Faln was older than him by nearly 50 years (technically) so she was not afraid of a child.

"Your Highness, I would appreciate if you didn't go around terrorizing the help."

She began preparing a drink, grabbing a few herbs and powders. After awhile, she steeped the concoction in warm water, making a dark red mixture, steam rising up from the rim of the cup. She placed it beside him, and lit the stove, taking out a few eggs.

"Drink that. You'll feel better. How do you like your eggs."

She looked back at him, eyeing the tupperware of meat he was eating from.

"You call yourself a man of extraordinary pleasures, why reduce yourself to cold leftovers, hm?"

Carmine

@Iceydaze @ScarletNova

Carmine nodded in confirmation, and led her toward the barracks. He didn't say much for quite a while, not wanting to draw attention to the matter. As he led her to the barracks, and took her towards the holding cells, he finally disclosed what he was why he had brought her here.

"You might have already expected this at some point, but it would seem your parents have sent someone to retrieve you. They are currently in a cell. I have not harmed them, nor do I want to. I would rather keep there from being unnecessary conflict between our kingdoms. But if you don't believe me, ask them. Once you talk with them, they can head back home to the Light Coven and have this resolved without hardship."

He turned to the red-haired man who distrusted him. "I hope this will prove my good intentions to you."

Claudia took to the spell like a fish to water. That was good; a coven could never have too many talented witches. In point of fact, it seemed she might well be the most gifted sorceress there. Jenny couldn't help a smile at the other girl's success as she left.

Hearing voices in another part of the library, she walked towards the sounds of the conversation. Apparently, Deverell had summoned an imp, and was in the process of learning how to care for it. That was odd to Jenny; shouldn't one know how to take of something before getting it? Regardless, it seemed an interesting topic. She looked at Dev and Valerie. "Anything I can help with, you two?"

[bg=#000000]
Kei ║▌│█│▌│║║█║║▌│█║▌│║║█║ Ria

Interactions/Mentions:
Carmine @Reanimator Spuds
Princess Claudia @ScarletNova

Kai had been watching their captor's every movement from the corner of his eye. Naturally, he wouldn't miss Ria's open cell door. Seeing the opportunity, he slowly got to his feet and walked to his own door. "Hey, Stupid. Hurry up and open the door. Do you really think he's going to grab the princess for you? Think about it. She's probably dead by now." Although he sounded harsher than usual, Kai couldn't help but feel uneasy and couldn't help but be impatient. Considering his reputation here, it wasn't as if he could believe they would let him leave alive after all.

Ria may have been a little slow and pretty friendly but upon hearing his uncalled for comments, her face couldn't help but darken. Her eyes however were practically glowing. Not one to usually get angry, she was unsure of how to react and instead bottled it up so she could figure it out later. However she found herself unable to sit still much longer, feeling strangely energized by some stuffy feeling in her chest. Despite how cold it was, she felt warm and uncomfortable. The foreign feeling completely overwhelmed any lingering dizziness and instead fueled her to stand. Looking over at Kai, she suddenly felt like pummeling his face in.

Without a word, she left her cell and gifted him with a smile akin to the winter's chill instead. "Is that so~?" With her sing song tone eerily reverberating around the cells, Kai instantly got the wrong idea. Or perhaps it was the right idea? Ria was probably the only one unsure as she cocked her head to the side and remained silent.

Slowly backing away from the cell door, Kai couldn't help but put up his guard against the small girl before him. Even though there was a door between them, it could not stop her killing intent from leaking through. To add to that, he wasn't completely sure what she was capable of. As someone often overlooked, he had no true connections and instead only based all he knew on rumors. Ever the protective one, Sarai stood between Kai and the door, bearing her fangs and releasing a rather menacing growl as if to warn the girl not to try anything she would regret.

Confused by all of this, Ria made no moves and instead continued to observe. It seemed as if the violent feeling vanished into thin air as it was replaced by amusement. Did he think she was going to bite him? Kai was her partner, she would never truly harm him. She also did not want to misbehave while their friend was away, To lose the privilege to meet the princess, that would just be too depressing. However, this did not mean that she didn't find his reaction silly. What is this fellow cowering for? I don't bite people. Feeling satisfied, she wandered back into her cell and shut the door behind her, unwilling to escape.

Not long after, two pairs of footsteps could be heard as Carmine returned with the princess. Kai grunted in response to Carmine's comment, clearly unconvinced. Demons and their tricks.. Laying down on his own cot, he turned his back to the group like a sulking child. Sarai on the other hand, observed quietly in his place. Ria however, knelt before the princess she had dreamed of serving her entire life. Suddenly feeling tongue tied despite long hours of practicing a far more eloquent greeting, she only let out an eager whisper, not daring to speak any louder, fearing that she would start squealing at any moment. "Princess."

[/bg]

Claudia followed Carmine to a place she knew well just a few weeks ago. After first arriving at Blackmore castle, the barracks had been her temporary home as the dark coven contemplated what to do with her. But instead of returning to end up in a cell herself, she was brought to two people she had never seen before though were obviously from the light coven, especially with the way the female glowed.

The male was turned away from them but the female knelt down to her. The light radiating from the young woman made it clear to Claudia that she was an elemental, having met one whom her father consulted with sometimes. But the princess did not know these two, though it wasn't strange for her not to. She had not been allowed to meet many, only those who her parents allowed and with supervision as they were worried she would say or do the wrong thing.

"So they have sent someone after all,"
Claudia spoke mostly to herself. Though she knew well that it wasn't for concern for Claudia's life, rather for any future possible heir she just might bare. Claudia looked towards the female. "Please, stand. You don't need to kneel to me here."

Then she looked over towards the male for a moment, then back to Ria again as she seemed to be the one who would pay attention the best. "As you can see, I am fine. In fact, I am here at my own free will. I feel more at home here than I did with the light coven. The light coven was much more of a prison. So, please leave, and let my parents be aware that this was my own choice not the dark covens. I wouldn't want a war either, Carmine," she stated and turned towards the lieutenant momentary then back to the light elemental.

"Though I have no power or authority here, I'll see to it that you two get out of here safely, by accompanying you two to the outskirts myself," she then said. "Carmine, I'm sure you'd like to join us as well to be sure."

To say that Valerie was impressed would be an understatement. In all her yearsbof living, never did she saw someone command an imp and that's happening right in front of her! Her crystal blue eyes twinkled with excitement and delight. She felt like a little kid as she watched the imp followed Deverell's order. "That's amazing.." she praised in pure awe, clapping her hands excitedly "You're amazing, Deverell! To find such a spell.. it must have taken you quite sometime. But I commend you for not giving up. All of your progress is just.. astounding!"

At the mention of the imp's diet, she frowned. She might not know much about imps but she did have experience with them. Back when she was just a young witch training magic, an imp pestered her to no end. She didn't understand why until her mentor told her about it. And if she remembers correctly imps don't ingest anything other than silver and...

"Aura" She suddenly gasped, eyes widening upon the realization. The blonde then faced the male beside her and smiled brightly "Imps sustain themselves by devouring another living being's aura and willpower. I remember my mentor telling me about it and shooing the imp away that kept on pestering me. I also remember not doing any progress because of that imp devouring my aura."

"Oh and I think the just like to eat silver since they can never starve by just being around other beings"

Deverell began asking her about her day and she was about to start her long story when she suddenly remembered why she was in the library at the first place! The blonde quickly spun around, looking for her target but found no one else but Jenny. Valerie couldn't help but pout at that. "Uuugh, I give up" she mumbled, sitting down on the floor and deciding to accompany Deverell for a while "My day is not that great compared to yours. I started my day with two light coven intruders and with Carmine and Simon who's clearly annoyed due to my presence. Then I was planning on meeting the goody two shoes princess and maybe use her to my advantage but she's nowhere to be found!"

"Uuuuugh.."
she groaned heavily, not caring that right now she seems childish "I just wish my day could get better. Well, it did by seeing you with the imp but still.."

"Sorry if I'm ranting right now. I know how you hate someone disturbing your peace"

Carmine
@ScarletNova @Iceydaze

Claudia spoke with the new arrivals, telling them her wish, and desires. She wanted to stay... Why?

"Lady Claudia, if I may. Perhaps it would be best if you returned with them. You're parents have already proven they are worried about you, sending their own troops deep into enemy territory just to retrieve you. Not to mention there are still so many here who wish to see you executed, the Prince himself being one!"

He looked away for a moment. She said it felt as if she was imprisoned. But so had he, quite literally. Why, then, did Carmine long to look upon the sunlit fields of Brighton once again. To see an old friend who mistreated him, and called him a monster. To see a mother who locked him away, sealing him from the outside world. Why did a place where Carmine was shunned and branded still call to him. Like a lighthouse beaconing a lost ship to shore.

He was jealous.

"You can return! Some of us don't get this chance, and you may never get another one. Don't let an opportunity to be with loved ones escape you. You never know when is the last time..."