Of Magic and Moonlight IC

As Carmine asked her to wait before interacting with Simon, the blonde witch couldn't help but stare at one of the foreign visitors. It was blatantly obvious that they are from the light coven. Perhaps they are here for the goody two shoes princess? Well they seems to be. Especially the glowy one. I should totally terrorize them. But on second thought, they could be useful for my future plans... Valerie's crystal blue eyes twinkled with mischief as a thought passed her mind. They would definitely useful. She just needs to be careful so her plans won't be foiled.

When the two men finished their talk, a sickly sweet smile found its way to the blonde witch's luscious pink lips, her perfect pearly whites showing off as she approached the two. "Oh, you two. I know you need to take them in for questioning but still, be a gentleman! Can't you two act like one in front of a lady?"

Valerie then made her way towards the girl hiding behind the Lieutenant and flicked her hand, causing the handcuffs to suddenly open up and free the girl. She didn't care if the two men will be mad at her. She'll do whatever the hell she pleases.

"Forgive them, sweetie." Valerie started in a sweet voice as she began to talk to the girl, eventually holding her hand "Those two clearly forgot their manners. Are your wrist okay? I hope they're not bruised."

This is exactly how Valerie got her nickname Goatherd. She uses her motherly side to attract people around her and perhaps, be of use to her. The blonde witch then gently let go of the girl's hand before taking out a cupcake from her basket.

"Here have a cupcake as an apology. Oh! And I'm Valerie by the way. You are?"

[bg=#000000]
║▌│█│▌│║║█║Ria║▌│█║▌│║║█║

Interactions/Mentions:
Carmine @Reanimator Spuds
Valerie @DANAsaur

Ria's Dress

Obediently keeping silent off to the side with her breath held, Ria was growing bored and made bad jokes in her mind to both amuse herself and keep her mind off of holding her breath, thinking that it would help her hold it longer. 'Funny, he's the one with his hands tied yet I'm the one in handcuffs~' While these jokes brightened her mood, she soon found that she had stopped paying attention to the trio before her. By the time she stopped spacing out, the cute blonde had just finished removing her handcuffs. 'Is the game over?' Following this train of thought, she inhaled deeply, allowing oxygen to fill up her lungs once more. Following the air, her glow returned at full force as her spirits had yet to dim.

Turning her attention back to the girl once her breathing steadied, she found herself becoming lost again. It was unfortunate that her guide was unconscious at the moment. They were just playing a game, what was there to forgive, anyway? The girl's words soon drew her gaze down towards her wrists where she searched for bruising. There were none of course. Why would there be any in the first place? For a second a glimmer of doubt surfaced. Taking the chance to give the lieutenant a quick look over, Ria could still not see any ill intent. Just like that, the doubt was snuffed out. If he was a bad guy, he would have charged at her the moment he saw her. If he was a really big bad guy, one of them would not be standing here right now.

A bright smile lit her already radiant features at the thought and she completely dropped the matter. Ria once again turned her limited attention span back to the girl beside her to be greeted with a cupcake and a name to place on the girl's face. "Thank you, Valerie. It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Etheria Aster. You may call me Ria if you want." Taking the cupcake into her hands, Ria looked it over, unsure of how to eat it without a spoon. After thinking for a moment, she slowly removed the wrapper and held the dessert on her flat palm as if she were offering it away. Lifting her other hand to hover over the dessert itself, Ria then surrounded the dessert in a ball of light and condensed it a smaller, rounder, less cute version of itself. Now that the dessert was in the form of a ball, Ria popped it into her mouth like candy, thoroughly satisfied. "Mmm."

[/bg]

Simon Methuselah
--
Simon nodded at Carmine, and proceeded to walk towards the unconscious man, and began to pick him off the ground. It was a little awkward, considering the man was nearly a foot taller than he. However, after years of training and fighting, Simon had become reasonable strong. Not crazy strong mind you, he wasn't a bodybuilder. But he didn't have far to take this man, so it wasn't going to be an issue.

All the while he ignored the comments from Valerie. He found the whole thing rather annoying. She comes here and interrupts the process detaining intruders and then demands attention. Still he didn't say anything, he would much rather avoid one of her hexes. Although Simon's eyes widened slightly as she released the handcuffs on the conscious intruder. That idiot… He thought to himself.

He watched as the intruder began to glow, confirming that she was a user of light magic. He was still in the process of picking up the unconscious man, but managed to grab the handle his blade with a free hand. He didn't know what she was going to do know free from her cuffs. They were enemies, after all.

Deverell Rhys
Interacting: Jenny @daird Claudia @ScarletNova
Wearing: Black robes

Deverell was never a fan of demons, especially not demons of lust. He had only encountered them on a few occasions, but he had never met one he actually liked. Eshira was no exception. She was useful for casting spells on, but the rest of what she was used for didn't interest him in the slightest. At least, not with a demon. After finishing his small meal of mostly fruits, Deverell stood, turning to Claudia after hearing she wanted to learn some dark magics.

"If you would ever like to study on your own, we do have a library filled with spell books and recipes for alchemical substances. I can usually be found there if you ever need assistance. I have been part of this coven for nearly thirty years, so if you need guidance, I can help you." With that, Dev pushed his chair in, and nodded a goodbye to the pair, ignoring the demoness. He wanted to go try the new summoning spell he had read about.

He walked down the hall back the way he came, until he came to the library doors. The spell in question was definitely interesting. Imp summoning was not a difficult task, and it was one of the easiest creatures to actually call forth. However, imps caused mayhem. They often got into things they shouldn't, and could hurt someone if a person wasn't paying attention. There were of course ways to capture imps and keep them from harming you and causing mischief, and there were even charms that made you seem invisible to them. However, as far as he knew, not many people could actually harness an imp to comply. That's what he was most interested in, and that would be what he tried out.
Wearing:
X in her human glamour
Eshira chuckled as Dev blatantly ignored her and then left. She popped a bit more food into her mouth, grinning at Claudia. "Don't mind him. He's grumpy. Well, most people around here are grumpy." She finished up the eggs on her plate, focusing more on the meats. She laughed a bit, though, shaking her head. "Now that I think about it, the ones who aren't grumpy are usually the girls."

She quickly polished off her meal, licking her lips. "Delicious, as always. Stay on Faln's good side, that's a free little tip from me." She told Claudia. "Now, if you two will excuse me, I have done my duty to bother a grumpy boy, and now I must attend to... other matters. Ta!" He glamour flashed from her body, revealing her humanoid demon appearance below, but within a second she had already disappeared. She wanted to continue to watch the goings on at the gate. She also needed to get away from the public eye. Acting happy and cheerful all the time was taking a toll on her.

She rematerialized at the gate, still a good distance away. She didn't want them to see or sense her, and now that she had a feel for Claudia, she knew exactly why these people were here. They were here to rescue the princess. She could feel the similarities on them. Oh this would be interesting indeed. She would have to pester the boys and Valerie later in order to get information.

Jenny smiled at Clarissa's enthusiasm. "Anything? My, how can I resist such a request? Tell you what. I'm rather free this morning, so I can take you down to the library. We can see what you know of magic, and start turning you into a true Queen of Darkness. How about that?" She gave the other girl a wink.

claudia-banner-2-png.147850

Claudia was quite shocked when Deverell spoke to her again, especially considering he didn't seem to be one to talk with anyone. And he even offered help, something even more surprising. "Ah, yes," Claudia replied. "I've heard about the library by some of the other residents. I have been very interested in checking it out, and I appreciate your offer. I'll be sure to remember it." He finished his breakfast shortly after she responded, and he left.

"Don't worry, Eshira. I don't mind,"
she stated back to the female demon. She did have a point though. Most of the occupants of the castle were quite gloomy, granted that could be because of their certain interests, but Claudia didn't mind them at all. It was different from the cheery people she used to be around, who sometimes seemed to almost be too cheery for no reason at all.

Claudia let out a slight laugh at her comment that the girls were not so gloomy, which also seemed to be the case. They did seem to be more friendly towards her than the males. "Yes, I believe you there," she also mentioned when Eshira suggested staying on Faln's good side. She appeared to be the one running the show all the time, so it would be better to not anger her.

Shortly after, the so-called succubus was off as well, and Claudia and Jenny were left by themselves, other than the servants. "Alright," she commented to Jenny's offer. While she wasn't quite sure about the Queen of Darkness part, Claudia sure did want to learn more. So what if she was born into the Light Coven. What was the point of this divide anyway? Why couldn't a witch learn many types of magic, both light and dark? Claudia gave Jenny a smile and a nod and finished up her breakfast as well.

@Iceydaze @Canadian Cat @DANAsaur

Oh this could not be going more disastrously. He had been hoping to keep this whole thing a secret, and not have to deal with the large amount of paperwork and hours of interrogation, the unnecessary imprisonment of a person with the innocence of a child. But now everything was falling to pieces. It is no surprise that they both knew the intruders were from the light coven. It was obvious. Well, one of them was obvious. But for Valerie to be here right now that made things a little difficult. To make matters worse, she released a prisoner! That's worthy of arrest in of itself! What made matters worse was that Ria believed that this was all still a game and that it was over. Her glow intensified, causing Simon to reach for his blade, afraid she might seek to fight back. It was absolute chaos.

"Stop! That's quite enough."

Carmine's voice seemed to reverberate with magic energy, using his father's "gift" to pull in the eyes around him. The time for politeness had passed, unfortunately. It was now the time for business. He looked toward Valerie, his eyes stern, not wishing for her to harm the people present.

"Valerie, if you would please be patient, I will accompany you to wherever you wish. However, it does require that you promise not to interfere with official business."

He leaned forward and whispered in her ears

"And please tell me you didn't do anything to that cupcake."

With that, he turned back to Ria.

"I apologize Ria, but I'll have to detain you again."

This time he delicately took her arms, not wanting to frighten her, or harm her. He tightened the cuffs once again, muttering a quick incantation, sealing them from lower level spells. To prevent any more problems.

"Simon, if you would please put that away and accompany me."

Valerie knew that the moment she remove the handcuffs from the light coven witch, chaos would ensue but she did it anyway. And just as she predicted, it was a complete and utter chaos. Now the light coven witch named Ria is glowing, Simon isnow ready to kill and Carmine is utterly mad at her. But do I look like I care?

Soon the blonde witch found her crystal blue eyes staring right through Carmine's. She could sense sterness and a tinge of hostility in his voice but this only made Valerie feel giddy. Seeing Carmine going nuts is just a sight to see!

When asked about the cupcake, Valerie faked a gasp and placed her hand in her hand on her chest for dramatic effect. Oh she's having so much fun! "Oh Carmine! I would never do such a thing!" Valerie said in a mocking voice before smirking. "Or would I?" In all honesty, the dark witch didn't do anything to the cupcake except cast a little dizzying spell. That's it. She just thought it would be a nice little trick so the men would perhaps freak out and worry.

"Anyway, I better get going.. I suddenly remembered I have important matters to attend to." The blonde then looked at Ria and smiled so sweetly "It was nice meeting you, Ria. I certainly hope this won't be the last time we'll see each other."

And with that, Valerie curtsied towards the group before walking away and making her way to the castle.​

[bg=#000000]

Interactions/Mentions:
Valerie @DANAsaur

Ria's Dress

To Ria, all seemed to had been going abnormally well. These people were not at all like her father had mentioned they would be. What tearing her flesh off piece by piece and inhumane torture? They had clearly welcomed her kindly with gentle words and games and even went as far as sharing a cupcake with her. Perhaps it is father who is the true child here.. If her father were capable of hearing her thoughts from afar, he'd be spitting up blood in both shock and frustration. However, she was on her own here. If you didn't count her unconscious partner that is.

Just as everything was going well, the Lieutenant had drawn in her undivided attention. His tone was undeniably magnetic yet stern, making Ria wonder what had upset him. Thinking she had done something wrong, Ria furrowed her brows and tried to pinpoint what it could have been. With the sweet taste of frosting still coating her tongue, Ria felt she was struck by lightning at the sudden realization. Ah! Did I eat his cupcake? Not even paying enough attention to realize she was being cuffed again, Ria with a face full of worry was about to apologize for her previous misconduct when a wave of dizziness washed over her like a tidal wave. She suddenly have enough strength to apologize, much less bid Valerie farewell as she took her leave. Wanting to stop the room from spinning, she leaned into the closest pillar of support; Carmine.

Taking the moment to rest her forehead on his armored shoulder, Ria tried to focus on what she was attempting to do before. However with her thoughts getting jumbled up by the dizzy spell, most of what left her lips were basically mumbles of gibberish. "Sorry It's tuesday Cupcake Wishes Valerie Thanks for hopping sleep Farewell father. No, that's not right.." With a sigh, she gave up on the idea and instead put it aside, opting to clear her mind of everything instead. Determined not to trouble her new friend too much, she steadied herself on her own two feet and backed away enough to notice she was cuffed once more. "Can't play. Don't feel good."

[/bg]

Simon Methuselah
--
Simon's eyes were fixated right on Carmine as he spoke. Simon never could understand how the lieutenant managed to grab people's attention so quickly and efficiently. Although he never thought to ask either. It was likely how Carmine came to his position at the castle. Soldiers always listened, and never seemed to question him.

Simon's knife was already halfway out of its sheath when Carmine asked him to put it away, which he did almost instantly. It seemed as if the Lieutenant had fully regained control of the situation. And with that Simon continued to lift the unconscious man off the ground, and proceeded to walk closer to the other two remaining.

He watched as the detained women fell towards Carmine, and blurted out a line of gibberish. Valerie… That little… Witch… it was quite obvious that she had done something to this new comer. Normally Simon wouldn't care if someone messed with a prisoner however this was going to make the detaining and questioning a whole lot more difficult.

"We should have a talk with Valerie later…" Simon muttered.

@DANAsaur @Iceydaze @Canadian Cat

As Ria fell into his arms, he knew instantly that this was Valerie's doing. She was just fine moments ago. He let out a sigh. Listening to the poor girl babble, confused was rather endearing, however. Like a child who was discovering the world of the first time. However, he understood that she was not feeling well in the slightest. He heard her mutter under her breath that she couldn't "play" as she referred to it.

Carmine didn't want to force her to walk on her own. From the looks of it, the spell was rather powerful. Or she was easily susceptible to mind altering magic. Actually, that might not be so far fetched. Knowing it wouldn't be very knightly to let her walk herself, Carmine bowed his knee, and scooped her legs with his other hand, raising her into the air.

"That's quite alright. Now is not the time for play. You need rest."

As they made their way back to the prison, Carmine couldn't help but agree with Simon.

"I hate to admit it. I had wanted to keep these two a little more secret for this exact reason. She acts more like a child than a witch. Though I fear that would mean anything we say will fall on deaf ears.

Carmine made his way to the dungeon, finding most of the cells empty, he laid Ria down on the cot. It was nothing nearly as lavish as the castle itself, however they were not savages. The cot was warm, though old enough to be losing support. People were allowed some privacy if need be (and Carmine was rather generous with that). They had running water, and lights as well. The cells had windows near the ceiling to allow some natural light in. He baid Simon to do the same with the other prisoner (the one who was actually required imprisonment).

"Thank you Simon. You are dismissed. I'll send someone to search for the missing guards. You are free to assist in the searches as well. I'll stay here and question them when they are awake."

@ScarletNova

Faln stood by listening in on their conversation. While he listened to Claudia, she couldn't help but feel worried for her. However, she held her tongue for a while. Eshira did as she usually did, playing and flirting with just about anything that moved. Soon though, most of the others had taken their leave, save Claudia. Faln mustered the will to speak out.

"Mistress, if I may, I will caution you to be careful. There is indeed a strange beauty in the dark and mysterious. However, things around her can be unruly at times. Even the people. I am not saying to be afraid, no, I'm merely saying that if you want to understand you keep an eye open for trouble."

She looked down for a moment, lost in thought. However, she soon shook off those thoughts and changed the subject.

"Well, I have business elsewhere, however, if you need me, you'll find a bell in a few of the rooms. Ring it and I shall come to you as soon as I can."

With a deep bow she took her leave and made her rounds to see how the rest of the help was doing.

Jenny took a sip of her coffee. Upon reflection, the coffee was a lot like her magic- black as night and strong enough to conjure spirits. She gave her plate to a servant. "If anyone needs me, I'll be in the library. I have some research to do on transmutations." She turned and left, with a cheery "See you all later!"

[bg=#000000]

Interactions/Mentions:
Simon @Canadian Cat

Ria's Dress

It seemed her new friend was determined to carry her somewhere. Since Ria was in no state to protest, she allowed him to do as he wished. Although she wondered why she was still cuffed, she was sure he would release her soon. Even if he didn't, she was at least sure he wouldn't harm her. If he really wanted to, he had already missed countless of opportunities moments before so what was the point in harming her later? Mn, I'm not completely helpless either. With that in mind, she rested her head on his chest and entered a meditative state, focusing on circulating the light energy she had long stored away throughout her body. While she was solely focused on trying to find the cause of her sudden dizziness, Ria turned a deaf ear on what the two were chatting about. Not that she would be able to understand that the cause of her current state was Valerie herself.

By the time Ria was brought to the prison, she was already frustrated. It seemed that while she was able to lessen the effects, she wasn't able to rid herself of them completely. Reasonably enough, her healing abilities were more for physical damage. For afflictions brought on by spells, she was basically helpless. Unsure what little critter had hexed her in that short time period, Ria could only blame herself for not paying enough attention. Pouting at her own inability, Ria opened her eyes to find that she was somewhere new. Upon realizing that it wasn't the castle and instead a cell, she sat up, much more alert than before. While she still had no reason to be on guard, she was still rather confused. This confusion was then transferred over to the lieutenant in the form of a puzzled stare as she looked him over for signs of anger. "A prison cell? Is this because I ate your cupcake?"

As she was being placed onto the cot, Ria caught a glimpse of the Simon fellow holding her partner. A small smile began to pull at her lips only to be frozen in place, leaving her to only stare dumbly. As much as she wanted to giggle at the sight, that glimpse was enough to notice signs of her partner stirring. Dread, guilt and a tinge of panic hit her immediately. It was to the point that she wished to turn into an ostrich and bury her head in the ground out of shame to escape the scolding she would get. Ah, but she wasn't a bird. At best she could only hide under the thin but warm and comforting covers and pretend she wasn't there, no longer caring that she was being imprisoned for eating a cupcake.
[/bg]

Simon Methuselah
--
Following the lieutenant's lead, Simon carried the unconscious man into the cell next the cell Carmine had placed the woman. When this man wakes up it should be easy enough for the two to talk to each other through the wall. Although instead of placing the man on the cot, Simon opted instead to place the man on the floor, with his back leaning against the wall so that he'd be sitting. Carrying the taller man was already an awkward enough procedure, and he really didn't care if this prisoner was comfortable.

Simon then proceeded to close up the cell and meat back up with Carmine, who was still helping the women into her cot. It seemed Carmine cared a lot more about the prisoners well being then Simon did.

"Right" Simon said, "I'll go follow the usual night patrol routes, feel free to send someone to join me." Then he glanced at the women in the cot "I would suggest avoiding anything Valerie gives you, until you answer the lieutenant's questions."

And with that Simon walked out of the prison, hoping to see if he could learn anything about the missing guards.

"I'll join you in the library shortly," Claudia commented to Jenny as the necromancer finished her breakfast and left for the library. Claudia finished her last bit of food on her plate and turned to Faln when the head maid began to speak to her.

"Trust me," she spoke. "I know that more than anyone, but thank you, Faln." She bid the elf goodbye as she left and moments after Claudia left her seat and headed for the doors as well. Claudia knew well not to completely let her guard down. She was in the house of the dark coven after all, not that they were all bad people, but Claudia knew well that even someone you knew your whole life couldn't be completely trusted.

Just look at her parents...

Claudia left the dinning room and made her way down a hallway that would take her towards the library, but the faint sight of a glowing ball of light out the window that she saw from the corner of her eye caught her attention. She looked over towards it and watched as the ball seemed to be moving.

A ball of light? In this castle?

The ball disappeared as it headed into a direction she knew very well, the dungeon, where she first took residence when she was brought to this castle. Claudia wasn't omniscient in any way, but she had an easy time putting some pieces together. Perhaps that ball of light was caused by the light coven and her parents had an interest in getting her back? That ball of light could be someone from the light coven?

Reactions: Canadian Cat
[bg=#000000]
║▌│█│▌│║║█║Kai║▌│█║▌│║║█║

Interactions/Mentions:
Simon @Canadian Cat
Ria

A low groan rumbled through the cell as Kai finally came to. When he opened his eyes, he found himself leaning against a cold wall despite the warm cot but a few feet away. Figures.. As he struggled to his feet, using the wall as support, Kai clutched his head as a sharp pain followed soon after, reminding him of what brought him here in the first place. "Damn, how hard did that girl hit me?" Recalling Ria's existence, Kai clenched his fist in rage. He had never felt such a strong urge to harm a woman than he did then. Seeing as how he could barely stand, Kai felt no point in forcing himself. For the moment, he could only wait for the pain to subside. While he thought this, he surveyed his surroundings some more, finally noticing something was off as a chill hit him. Where did my coat go?

However, before he could get to the bottom of that question, he felt a familiar chill spread throughout his body him for a moment as Sarai departed from her hiding place and stood before him, her eyes cold like autumn waters. Given the bond between them, Kai could already feel her disappointment without her uttering a word but who was he to kneel to a simple wolf spirit? So they remained in a deadlock, his heated gaze landing upon her icey one, neither backing down, both knowing what the other wanted to say but wouldn't because ironically, it would waste time. Like usual, Sarai broke off the eye contact first and pawed at the walls, feeling for any possible enchantments that would keep her trapped in the cell with Kai. For some time now, curiosity had been urgently eating away at her. Had it not been for her "child" being left defenseless, she would have snooped around from the start. It would not do to have no idea where you are and who you're up against. Unfortunately, she was unable to make any progress and could only whine helplessly.
[/bg]

@Iceydaze

The entire time, Carmine felt guilty. It would be better to keep them in here for now though, just in case anything bad happens. Ria, was seemed innocent, and didn't seem prone to violence. However, it was her partner that he was really trying to protect. He already showed that he was prepared to fight. If one of the many mages on the castle grounds had found him first, one of them would almost definitely have something much worse than a bump on the head. However, after placing them in the cells, Carmine took a stool nearby, and sat right next to them.

"I'm sorry to have placed you in custody. Don't worry, It's not because you ate that cupcake. I just wanted to make sure that no one else found you before I did. Maybe I worry too much, but I would rather keep unnecessary violence to a minimum. But now, I think it's much safer.

At that time, her partner began to stir. It seemed he was still a little woozy. Made sense given the blow he took. It was nasty to say the least.

"Ah, glad to see you awake. Please, don't be alarmed. I don't want to harm you, or your companion. In fact, I want to help however I can. I will see what I can do to give you at least mild autonomy, but for now, I feel it will keep things simpler to hold you here... Oh! I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself yet, I am Carmine. Carmine Richelieu."

He looked around, wondering if they truly thought he was trying to help them. But there was someone else in his mind. He hadn't had contact to the Light Coven for years.

"I-I'm sorry, but, I need to ask. Do you know anyone by the name of Louis Solar? By now he is likely a great mage. He has blonde hair, and is very competitive and hot headed. I haven't heard any news of him for years."

[bg=#000000][/bg][bg=#000000]
Kai ║▌│█│▌│║║█║║▌│█║▌│║║█║ Ria

Interactions/Mentions:

Ria nearly missed out on what the Lieutenant was talking about during the time she was pretending not to exist. Sure enough, the more she listened, the more she wanted to hide from embarrassment. She was so far off the mark, she might as well have been blindfolded the entire time. Embarrassed from her stupid comments from before, Ria peeked out of the blanket and gave Carmine a quick apologetic glance and opened her mouth to apologize for assuming such silly things. She was cut short however by Carmine's question.

Louis Solar?

Her brows furrowed as she recalled a blond male with an eerily frosty gleam in his eyes that chilled one down to their very bones. What kinds of horrors could this proud man have seen to develop such an intimidating stare? She remembered the smile that was not quite a smile and involuntarily shivered from the memory. That man indeed was a great mage but the ruthlessness he showed in battle was something so frightening that even Ria didn't dare to face against him. If she remembered correctly, her father had brought her along to watch him spar on multiple occasions and had at one point planned on setting up a little spar for them. Who could have expected this man to vanish into thin air a week before Princess Claudia's disappearance? When Ria heard the news, she couldn't help but feel somewhat relieved. If that man had still been around, it definitely would have been him here instead of her. The thought of nearly missing the chance to meet the princess made her feel a little annoyed. But why would the lieutenant want to know of him? "That fellow, he.." As she trailed off, Ria was unsure of how to continue. If this Solar guy was the Lieutenants friend, wouldn't he be heartbroken?

As she stumbled with her words, a certain someone wasn't so happy with how everything was proceeding."Help us..heh. Sure, keeping us locked up is helping us quite a lot. I thank you for your magnanimity." With his words laced with sarcasm, Kai couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of someone from the dark coven "helping" them. Perhaps those kinds of words may work on the dumb girl he happened to have guided here but such things wouldn't be accepted so easily by him. Years of experience had taught him that these dark siders loved to play tricks. The thought of that girl falling for them so easily really rubbed him the right way. Obviously seething at the thought of being captured so easily, Kai balled his fists so tightly, cracks could be heard. If it weren't for that idiot, he'd be on his way back home to a hefty bag of gold that would last him for quite some time. However, as much as he was unwilling to accept things as they are, Kai had little choice.

As smart as it would have been to play along with their captor, Kai felt that was really beneath him and instead stubbornly looked the man in the eyes, attempting to figure out his origins. Although he wasn't immune to the strange energy subconsciously luring him in, he was fairly resistant given his father's blood running through his veins. Countless of demons excelled in the art of seduction to the point where it was a natural part of them but few could move him. Based on this, Kai had been able to limit the possibilities to a handful and left it be for the moment. "Do you really expect me to believe you're doing this for our own good? Don't think Sarai and I can't smell that demon stench on you. How are we to know you aren't going to kill us off once you're done with you're little game?" Kai was not only skeptical but his eyes showed hints of contempt as he sized up the man in the other cell.

Ria looked back and forth between the two of them, confused over her partner's rude words. Comparing the two of them, Ria couldn't help but feel even more confused. She wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. Weren't the two basically halflings? As a being composed of light itself, Ria was very sensitive towards dark energies. While she couldn't specify what type of demon blood ran through their veins, they definitely weren't completely human. If that were the case, shouldn't the two be good friends? Looking towards her partner, Ria couldn't help but sigh at the pitiful sight. Ah, what a pitifully frail child.
[/bg]

For now Claudia was going to wait to see what would become of the light she saw. She didn't want to stick her nose into something that just might not be her business at all. She worried that perhaps some of the occupants of the dark castle would be more suspicious of her if she went snooping around in business that just might not concern her. So, for now, Claudia continued her walk towards the library.

It was a place she had yet to actually be, but she at least knew her way to get to it, despite the massive size of the castle. She arrived at the library and went inside to see that mostly no one seemed to be in there, perhaps it was still too early in the morning for others to be at the library. There was, however, the librarian there and Dev reading to himself like he said he would be.

Claudia looked around, searching for Jenny. She had said that would was going to the library, but Claudia wasn't sure if the witch decided to head for somewhere else instead or got caught up in something else. Or, even if she was in the library she might be hidden in between the shelves somewhere. It was a large library after all.

Simon Methuselah
--
Simon wandered around outside, following the common night time patrol routes. A part of him hoped to see some action. It had been a while since he needed to use his daggers. However the daylight put him at a direct disadvantage. His fighting style involved a lot of hiding and lurking in the shadows. In a fair fight he was at quite a disadvantage and could be easily defeated against a skilled opponent.

Every a few minutes of searching, he found the missing guards, a little ways away from the castle. They had been knocked unconscious and apparently have been laying down for quite some time. "Typical" Simon thought to himself. Why do we even bother having guards, if they can be so easily taken out? He roughly shook one of them awake, who jolted up.

"Help me wake your comrades then go fill out the night report"