Not So Bad

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridley didn't seem very startled. "Sounds like my sisters' and cousin's kind of magic. Too bad I can't pull off that good stuff."​

He gave her a hard look at that little joke that said he didn't consider it good.​

This just made Ridley shift and avert her golden-eyed gaze. "What? Is it bad I prefer you alive over dead?" she inquired, crossing her arms loosely. It seemed that she wasn't in agreement with him on this matter.​

This made Ridley frown deeply, but she didn't comment. She had no room to talk. "Hmph. Well, you can have your preference, I'll have mine," she dismissed, absently twiddling her fingers.​

maxresdefault.jpg

His look was confused at best as he armored back up. It really surprised him that she cared so much about whether or not he lived or died. "... Anyways. I'm your gun. Find where this Sarafina is, and pull the trigger. I'll be more than happy to fix the problem."​

This just earned a minorly amused look. Beneath the surface, though, amusement was the last thing she was feeling. "Hm. Right." Uncertainly, she looked away, shifting slightly. "If you're looking to help out, I don't know why it's me you're with. Sarafine.. Isn't my problem," she lied, feigning nonchalance. After all, with Lena now Claimed.. Ridley was probably in the most trouble.​

This just earned a frown. "It isn't a lie, Charming," she replied, less than happily. It seemed she still wasn't used to people not buying her act.​

Ridley repriciocated this, seeming rather stubborn in her point. It didn't seem she was going to crack on this.​

This earned a very dismissive shrug, and Ridley's nonchalant facade went back up. "That's fine. I never said you had to buy anything," she replied, calmly enough. The blonde still didn't seem to be giving up, and probably wouldn't be any time soon.​

Jason crossed his arms. "... Fine. We'll pretend the bad guy doesn't exist like passive-aggressive preteens."​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
d92e7e964a.jpg

"Aww. You think I'm pretending," she remarked, forcing a grin. "I never said they don't exist. I know damn well they do. I said they aren't my problem," she restated, pointedly. "Get your facts straight before you lay them out, Charming."​

"I get the feeling they're going to end up being everyone's problem, and you're just being as stupid as ever about it." Jason glared at her. He wasn't going to take her act.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
This certain remark earned a deep frown from the blonde, and she crossed her arms with clear annoyance. "Jeez, and I thought I had an insulting problem," she remarked. "Well, you'll have to get in line, if insulting me is what you want to do. There's a lot of people already waiting."​

He shoved his finger under her nose, pointing in her face. "You have a bigger death wish than my mentor did, if you think ignoring a threat that could become very real is a good idea. At least he had a martyr complex so big, it could get caught in power lines. You're just being a fool about it. You don't want me dead, Rid? I don't want you dead, either."​

This just made Ridley look away, trying to ignore how up in her face he was. "Look, you don't seem to get it. I'm not what they want. I'm not my cousin, the perfect, beautiful, spoiled little all-powerful Natural, okay?" Well.. Half of that was true. Lena was wanted by them, if only to get rid of her as a threat; but Ridley wasn't on the best terms with them, either. "You keep saying you want to protect me, but I'm not the one that needs it. I'm not some.. some... damsel in distress. And I'm not going to die."​

"You know what I've come to learn, working with the scum of a big city? You don't think like a criminal. No one does. A criminal isn't rational. A killer ultimately doesn't always care if your death benefits them." Jason's voice was rising... because he had experience of his own with this. "Maybe you looked at them funny. Maybe they don't like the way you did your hair. Maybe they just hate your connections with someone they hate. They'll kill you, and they won't think twice about it. You know the solution?"

"Kill them first."​

• Nice Execution!
Status
Not open for further replies.