Nostalgia Lane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Courage the cowardly dog. it has the freaking king ramses
DELETE.jpg

If you watch this episode as a kid. you will pee you're pants at his voice and looks. see

Reactions: Harlequinn
I couldn't think of much at first but then again, this.

Reactions: Razilin

My fellow Canadians know what's up

Angela Anaconda though... my mom fuckin' hated that show. Now that I look at it as an adult, I can't say I blame her.

As a fellow Canadian, I miss Sugar and Carlos, and the old school ZONE. From the list above, I would add Uh Oh!, Reboot, Radio Active, Teen Titans, Batman TOS, Batman Beyond, and Zoids. Also, Jackie Chan Adventures, Yu-gi-oh, Power Stone, Sailor Moon, Inuyasha, and Samurai Jack.

My favorite hero, other than Spiderman, was Action Man.

Maybe someone is old enough to get legitimate nostalgia from this.

If so, congratulations, you're old.

someone mentioned reboot!
Picture it: a childrens' show that references and parodies Army of Darkness, Mortal Kombat, Austin Powers, Star Trek, Power Rangers, Looney Toons (complete with naughty jokes!), Pokemon, The Addams Family, Elvira, Scarface, James Bond, and a bajillion other things. Now, take voice actor Tony Jay, and turn him into a *very* competent villain with wolverine claws, and whenever you get to the scene where the villain gloats about his forthcoming victory, take out the gloating and put in a scene of him slowly pulling these claws out, relishing his approach to a captive and helpless adversary that's been a thorn in his side all season.

And then, give him a guitar duel with The Hero in a filler episode.

There's a reason I loved this show.

Reactions: foodforpigs
I'mma get inception with this, nostalgia over getting nostalgia:

http://iamclaudiakishi.tumblr.com/

http://whatclaudiawore.blogspot.com/
(There's actually a shitton on how Claudia Kishi was stylin' before any other bitch in the game)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJZH8sevmMq75ucc8vmpGXaOnRcxFjSX2
^^^ playlist of remixed saturday morning cartoon openings, is great, clikkit, CLIKKIT

But if we're just talking about shit to get nostalgic over...

18-hair1-89.jpg

And just so all y'all know, this is what was competing with Sailor Moon at the time:

But Princess Tenko was the shit, she was in her own lane

Last edited by a moderator:
CONT'T

"Dress so cool they always make the scene~"

EDIT:

AND I KNOW OTHER PEOPLE REMEMBER THIS SHIT BUT I CANNOT TRACK DOWN ENOUGH TO SATISFY MY NOSTALGIC THIRST AND SINCE I'M ON A ROLL:

^^^ Double header with Claymation Christmas AND the California Raisins

• Love
Reactions: Tegan

full on nostalgia mode

Reactions: LetsStayAfloat
That while Home Improvement and JTT were hot, everyone forgot Brad's own TV movie:

(hint: movie was Magic Island)

I had so many Sylvanian rabbits that I fucked up the mouth pieces 'cuz I thought they were the dolls you could feed

And while David the Gnome's great'n shit this shit was it's own category, but also one of the first the under-the-radar introductions we had to anime

;____; L-LET'S ALL PLAY TOGETHER IN THE... THE BRIGHT, SUNNY WEATHER LET'S ALL GO TO G-GULLAH GULLAH ISLAND *CRIES*

*UGLY SOBBING*

Jeeeeezzz this thread~ *^* My internet is messing up so it's slow but helllll I need to post some stuff! Also @Fauna all of those are just <3 I miss being a Canadian kid!

What's funny is that Jewel Staite would be the engineer of an entirely different spaceship later on

The first TV intro I ever memorized

If you didn't have ALL your snacks'n shit squared away by the end of that intro, it would be telling of how you lived your life into adulthood.

71J0EVMGYxL._SL1104_.jpg

THIS FUCKING MAGAZINE.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to love old Sprite commercials. This one especially:

Then there was BraveStarr, my favorite cartoon as a wee tyke:

And Finally Bucky O'Hare, my favorite show as a not-as-wee tyke:
I even had the game. Shit was HARD.

edit: Oh shit @Kooriryu beat me.
Still worth mentioning twice.

Status