Nostalgia Lane

Status
Not open for further replies.
th

Before Guren Lagann gave us GATTAI, Power Rangers did it first.

The Titanus carrier Zord doing what it does best - carrying things around, like the first generation Megazord!

(Yes, I know the Super Sentai version of this isn't the original generation. Fuck y'all, I grew up on Power Rangers.)

That thing. That thing has. That thing has a giant penis?

Well since we're doing rock intros....

Reactions: Razilin

The moment in 80s history that destroyed the innocence all children in 1986.

Til all are one!

Something bordering on being not-nostalgic, but then I realized its been nearly 10 years since this series made its anime debut.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha!

The story of a girl who becomes a magical girl who then trains herself into a Gundam.

Well, not exactly, but eventually this show started putting giant mecha shout-outs from everything from Gundam to Gao Gai Gar into every little thing that the titular Nanoha is basically a Gundam in the body of a cute girl.

Its rare to see a magical girl without any angst and who actually likes her job.

That was very refreshing.

I mean, I'd rather be a Magical BOY, but if I were a Magical Girl with superpowers - I'd totally think that was the shit and made of win.

Go Nanoha. Blast shit up.

Shoot first. Ask questions later.

• Love
Reactions: LunaValentine

QUESTION!

Does something made in 2004 now count as Nostalgic?

In the entertainment industry, a decade is an eternity!

Reactions: LunaValentine
th

Fate Stay Night 2006

This was my first foray into the Nasuverse.

Before playing the visual novel, watching and reading Fate Zero, watching Unlimited Blade Works, reading about Tsukihime, and theoretically watching the Tsukihime anime adaptation that doesn't actually exist, I watched Fate Stay Night 2006.

It was by no means a landmark series. In fact, it was rather mediocre.

However, in its mediocrity, it actually served as a great gateway show into anime in general.

It had an easy to follow storyline, generally likeable characters (Saber and Rin being standouts, Shirou being questionable).

I NORMALLY would recommend it to someone trying to get into anime.

And then Fate Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works 2014 came out and blew this show right out of the water. As far as adaptations go, the remake touched all of MAI WAIFU buttons, worked the shaft, and played with the sack for good measure.

Still, I do own a copy of F/SN 2006 because its what turned me into a Type-Lunatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.