Norindul and the City of Guilds

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM Post

After a long pause Wolfsin spoke up. "Please forgive me for that little disturbance. If you all will excuse me, I need to retire. Please don't forget to pay our fallen you respects." The two leaders stepped away and disappeared towards their quarters, Azzy followed Elite as he left. The worn out looking Charm withdrew herself from the room as well, and Firefly took it upon himself to look around the guild's property alone. The guild was going through a rough time now, but the road to recovery has already started.

The Sage, The Necromancer, and The Phoenix

Gabriel, Samuel, Kanari

The Darkmoon Tavern

Gabriel listened to the explanation the man put forth, the things he had done to become what he was today, a being of madness with a second persona. The words had cut deep because Gabriel knew what he was going through, but his eyes instead shifted to Kanari who had made a joke about his eyes, she was always making jokes despite the seriousness of the situations that had been placed before them. Once again he spoke after all the words had been said, the words lower than before.

"Yes dear phoenix my eyes do work, though the same could not be said about my magic which is still slowly recovering itself. Though I would expect that after a fight with a witch and a demon general.." He took a second to reflect on the job he had just been through before looking up once again and speaking. "I am just glad I didn't have to release my seals, otherwise there might still be magic in that area."

He turned his attention back to the necromancer. "Well I am glad my reputation is well know around the world, though I wish it was from my other deeds not the one that I committed as a crime against magic. Now as for you joining the Darkmoon Mercenaries we told you what we as Amaris Knights know, you may be able to talk to the guild leader and fix that, but just know if it comes to the point you challenge an Amaris Knight for their position and are beaten you can never challenge for that position again. So tread lightly which Amaris Knights you go around and challenge, they are far craftier and skilled in their arts and everyone has earned their position by proving that skill."

He nodded at that point towards the phoenix and the necromancer, "Now I would hate to leave this conversation considering the fact I enjoy talking to other mages, but I must go report my job to Wolfsin and Elite. I bid both of you a good day....oh Kanari I would like to speak to you after our new member is taken care of. There as been a lot that happened in my absence and I wish to know the details, if you would not mind?" After Kanari answered his question Gabriel would fade leaving nothing behind as he disappeared from the tavern to take care of business.

Reactions: Wolfsin
Wolfsin was the first to take his seat at a large oval shaped table, the council room of the Amaris Knights. Elite stood cloaked in the darkness, and neither of them said a word. The loss had hit them harder than either of them could have ever guessed, and surely the Morale to the guild was going to suffer for it. Wolfsin was the first to pipe up. "Three Amaris Knights...." His voice was both solemn and enraged but he held his compsure staring vacantly into the wood of the table.

"When we chose to meet the blades in battle... how could we have ev... We couldn't. That is the answer Wolf."

Elite stepped from the shadows, lit by the light of torches around the room now as he met his friends gaze evenly. "We could never have guessed that they would be that powerful, and we got ahead of ourselves, thinking that we had the drop on them. We went in cocky and it cost us more than we were able to lose..."

His words ended dry, but friction was almost palpable in the room. Wolfsin leaned back, rubbing at his temples and sighed. "Charm... is broken because of this.. and there isn't much at all that I can do for her until she recovers... That on top of the fact that we need to appease our other members... as well as keep our income moderately stable, with three missing members that lend major factors into our bank... Here we are with not a pot to piss in, but to talk about it... "

A low growled rummaged past the Large mans lips and Elite stepped over taking a seat next to his friend. "We will find more members... it may be time that we dash some of our old policies Wolf... we need to make a come back from this, or else this guild is going to fall apart!" Wolfsin smirked and nodded "I am aware brother.. I just need to clear my head... talk with Baliel... We don't have time for him to think about the offer anymore..."

Elite nodded and Wolfsin exit the room to meet the eyes of some of the others, One was Asa... The other Azzy.

Wolfsin sighed at first, but ultimately he mustered a smile and nodded to both of them. "What can i do for you ladies..."

They both moved to answer at the same time, but Azzy retracted her comment first. Asa standing out. "Sir.. this guild... it isn't what I wanted.. it isn't what I expected... " Wolfsin's smile turned quickly but the kindness of his face never changed he only spoke as a father would to their young-ling. "I understand. Do not fear ill will by us, go forth to the world, and make the name you wish to make for yourself Asa.. I will not hold that against you." Asa seemed surprised but ultimately did just as she was told, bowing in respect before she turned and left the building. Wolfsin half aware at this point caught parts of the conversation between the new comer and Kanari, as well as noticing the Gabriel had returned from his journey... it was bitter sweet to see the best mage of his guild... and for him to see the guild in such shambles as this.

"Ahem... "

A demanding tone tore him from his eavesdropping as he looked down and found the sly smile of the fox, piercing blue eyes staring back at him. "Ahh I apologize Azzy, i got distracted." Azzy didn't seem to care much for excuses, nor did she seem willing to take up very much of his time, she simply held out the perfectly curved Darkwood bow that she'd obtained during the fight. and said "I need to return this." Wolfsin nodded and pointed her to the council room. "Elite is in there, I'm sure he will be happy to get that back." Wolfsin smiled to her, and placed a hand on her head for a brief moment before floating by and stealing his attention to meet with Gabriel.

"Welcome home Gabriel, though I fear your returning is in light of ill omen... if I heard you correctly you had a very long journey... "

Wolfsin scanned the room, glancing over towards Kanari and the pup that had arrived, he expected others would approach him, and he was ready for it... despite his own personal pain, and failure here, he was the leader of the guild, and had to remain strong for everyone.

Baliel watched, as Remmy fell back to sleep, he stoked the fire and did his best to keep her as warm as possible. Being her captain, this was certainly a very bad place to be... but he had never cared much on the views of society. His deep eyes found the fire relaxing..... so relaxing that he passed out.. When he awoke Remmy was gone, a note left from her to explain her thankfulness.

"Stalker! Of course i am kidding captain, don't worry I wont say anything about me staying over, i know that could get awkward... So Thankyou for helping me... and I guess when I get back from my business Ill look forward to beating you around in battle exercises.. Toodles!"

Baliel couldn't help but laugh, and then he tossed the paper to the flames... Donned his armor and started his way to the Darkmoon tavern... Another day... But in truth he had no idea just to what he was walking into this solemn morning.

GM Post
Kanari> Samuel, Gabriel, Baliel
@Sammael9216 @Qu'ess Baenre @Wolfsin
Guild tavern > Training grounds

A grinned towards the moody mage cloaked the cynical expression on Kanari's face. Two could play this game.
"Oh? Interesting. Luckily my fire burns strong despite my battle against several of the Blade Lords." The phoenix replied innocently. Not a single word escaped her lips until her name was brought up. "I'll meet you when I'm done here then. Take care." As the man vanished from the building she turned back to Samuel.

"Sorry about that. Now, back to business. I will answer your challenge though I will not be the one you fight. I need to test your strength before we can allow you to take one of the empty Amaris knight's spots." Her eyes scanned the guild's tavern in search for pups, though so far none could be found.
"Hmm…" She hummed before someone finally appeared through the doors. Baliel.

"Ah ha!" Upon seeing Baliel, she had an idea, normally he would be set up against 2 pups, but due to her being uncharacteristically impatient she would match him against the captain. Besides he claims to be exceedingly powerful anyway so what should it matter. She jumped off her seat, quickly skipped towards the unsuspecting man, grabbed him, and dragged them back against his will.
"He will be your opponent!" She chirped cheerfully to Samuel as she slightly pushed forward the man.

"Wha-" He managed before quickly being interrupted by the dusk elf.

"Baliel, I hope you don't mind this. Samuel here believes he's strong enough to become an Amaris knight, so I need to test him. Would you mind aiding me with this? I'll love you forever!" Her voice was as cheerful and innocent as ever.
Baliel glances once over at the man in question, Sam, then to Kanari, then back again...
"I just woke up... come here, and already your throwing me to the wolves? He looks like he can scrap pretty good." Finally he nods to Sam and offers his hand. "Baliel... good to meet you, what's your profession?" he was looking to make friends rather than enemies, but something about the look he received from her told him that Kanari was not about to just let this go.

"Baliel!" The familiar ringing voice of the guild master could be heard and Baliel turned back to Kanari.
"Oh… hells... alright... just let's go and do this fast. While Wolf is busy..." He knew what the guild master meant to talk to him about... and he wasn't in any way prepared to handle that right now.
"Perfect! This fight will take place in the guild's training grounds. If you two will follow me, we can get this thing started." The phoenix giggled as she turned her back towards the men. Expecting them to follow, she walked out of the building towards the training grounds.

• Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing
Meanwhile as the Blades walk back to their home Victorious~

Azzy and Wolfsin Collab~

In light of absolute victory the Blades marched back to their home base, many of them injured, but their spirits said otherwise. "Those fools, didn't have a chance at all, especially when Kayis and Arias showed up!" They cheered and skipped ahead of the three leaders. Kayis eyes remained upon the road ahead of him, he didn't say much, but his mind was consumed with thoughts of his old friend, and brother... he almost wished he could steal FireFly from Darkmoon, but in his heart he knew better, it was only when the waking call of a defeated Kota stole the presence of the air that Kayis lowered his eyes to look upon the boy just waking up.

Kota glanced about, almost dazed, but his expression hardened swiftly after, as he grit his teeth and began scanning the area for FireFly. "Where the hell is he!" Kota roared, and Kayis stopped along with Ellyolon and Arias. Kota turned to Kayis searching him for answers, but found nothing in the golden vancancy of the leaders eyes. "Kayis.. What the hell happened.. he bea... Where is that bastard, Kayis... " Kota stopped noticing that the rest of the guild had stopped as well and was watching him now. He dropped to his one knee, and lowered his head. Kayis moved to speak, but before he could speak a single word Ellyolon stole the air.

Blank, silvery eyes gazed down at Kota as he knelt there, long tendrils of silken gold flowing about the Fae woman as she watched him. In light of the moment, if she knew how to feign slightl disappoint, she may have. However, she didnt feel even this urchin deserved such a guise. All of The Blades remained still, and silent as she hovered there before that boy, and as her echoing voice resonated in all of their ears, not even a single breath dared be heard above her. "You are a disappointment." She stated in a rather monotoned set of voices. The sound was beautiful, yet the anger even Kayis would be able to feel crawling beneath his skin, and resonated from the very core of what Ellyollon was, was more than evident. "We may have come out of this victorious, but you have ultimately led us to a failure deeper than that of a potental loss to the Darkmoon. You have almost single handedly destroyed everything we stand for, and yet.....here you kneel as if you've done nothing wrong."

For a moment, it almost sounded as if a bit of amusement played in her words, yet her black stare, and stony gaze never once faultered. Ellyollon then removed her gaze from Kota, which would likely cause a great deal of comfort to wash over him, and turned her back to the boy. "You will redeem yourself, Child. Or I will not consider you a part of this...happy little family in which you now make home," Those words from her were like a harsh smack to the face to any in the guild, but she seemed completely at ease speaking the words. Her attention was then turned to Kayis. "My Child. My Kayis. Our Kota will be dealt with appropriately, as I will not stand for my children to defile what I, and the rest of the guild stand for....." she said no more, and simply returned to her spot beside of Arias, her hand coming to rest on his shoulder lightly.

Kota stared back vacantly, he wanted to say something, but the words stung worse that sharpest daggers fileting his skin. "I..." he started.. to say looking after the back of their "mother" Kota started to stand up, as Kayis approached him, a dead look to his eyes that mirrored their mistress. "Allow me it, I will go... I will destroy that man, Please allow me the chance to redeem myself!" he demanded, and Arias stepped past Ellylon, just as she held his shoulder. "She did... give you that chance.." he said, in a tone that might have chilled hell's fire. Kayis was upon Kota now, and they locked eyes, Kota's those of pleading... he didn't understand what Arias was saying at all.

"And you failed.."

Kayis stated calmly... before his fist came down like a bolt of lightning that cracked in the sky. Kota was set on his ass by the blow, and his nose was broken. He looked up confused, but ultimately knew he had to accept his fate.. He didn't have time to think about that though before Kayis's leg connected with Kota's ribs shattereding several of them in one blow as the Dusk elf flew into the nearest building, the music of shattering bones could be heard even as Kota crawled towards Kayis.

"I am sorry, I will redeem myself.. I swear.. Allow me."

Kota pleaded but it was unheard. Kayis swept his foot across Kota's face again, and again... until the pavement was painted with his blood. Kota tried to look up again, but Kayis stared down with a cold glare, just as the rest of them did the same.. The rest of the Blades had turned their eyes from the scene, shunning him completely. Kota tried to speak again, though his voice was a tortured mess. "P..please... Kayi.. " He wasn't allowed to finish his sentence before Kayis drove his foot into the back of the boys head knocking him out cold to rot in his own blood upon the streets of Kalt. Kayis stepped over Kota and started towards the rest of the Blades, saying nothing more.

Ellyollon, unlike the rest, watched as the punishment was taken out. She watched with feigned disgust at the gargled pleading of the now unconscious boy upon the ground, and yet....she didnt quite feel disgusted? More so amused. As Kayis made his way back to them, Ellyollon let her mirror gaze fall upon him, and her perfect lips curved only slightly. "A punishment fit for the actions." she stated, raising both of her hands, and placing them ever so softly upon each side of Kayis' face, her lips moving to touch his forehead just once. "Allow us now to speak of the events today." She moved back only to gaze down upon him once more, though her eyes lingered only for mere second on the small form of a beaten up Lyra.

"Your Lords...were magnificent today....all but one. Lyra very nearly died by the hand of The Silver Fox." She then let her eyes fall directly upon the girl, and whether Lyra could hear, or not was of little cause for panic in the Fae woman. "Next time, her fate will be carried out, Kayis and I will not protect her. We will all watch as she breaths her last breath." Ellyollon closed her eyes, a sigh slipping from her lips.

Kayis for the first time was shown in his emotion. "I know she did not fare well against the Fox, Milady." Kayis thought how best to approach this. Despite how he acted, and the fact that he was thankful, he had taken to little Lyra almost like a daughter, and the idea of her dying.. upset him greatly. "I will speak with her, but just as you have done much for us Elly, I have been faithful in my service.." he closed his eyes, and when they opened them again, his eyes almost mirroered hers in the way of an emotionless compassion, the bond of dolls speaking to one another. "it is not beyond your power, not my pride to ask that of any you spare her life... " His eyes betrayed his emotion, but She would be able to tell how serious Kayis was.

She gazed upon her favourite child with what could have been sincere adoration, and love. They both knew better. "We shall see how our Doll fares when next she battles." she smiled upon him, her hands clasping before her. "She must impress me, Kayis. She must show her worth to me, and prove to me that she deserves to keep possesion of that very last breath. That she is worthy of us...only then will I rise up, and protect our Doll." She gazed at Lyra, and then back to him,"Consider this her second chance, just as our Kota was given a second chance."

Kayis stared back, and nodded when it was necessary. "I understand, our laws very well Milady. But know this... I... will protect her before I see her fall.... I am a Blade, but I am also Kayis of Eriargon, and I will not be the monster that lets her die before me, regardless of the fate, I provoke." His eyes narrowed, his brow furrowed a bit, but he was not angry, only serious... it was rare that he defied the laws of their lady, but Elly also knew Kayis relationship with the girl... maybe that was what the guild leader was banking on... at this point it was far too late, and few too words escaped for it to matter.

She listened to Kayis words, her gaze never leaving his own. All the while she was silently admiring his courage, his want for their Doll to remain breathing. She understood why...vaguely. "I had not expected anything less from you. I know you are loyal, but you are also human." She thought for a moment, trying to think of a way she could truly sympathize with him, and yet she found nothing. A sigh passed her lips,"I sometimes wish I could understand why humans allow emotion to drive them so that I may better understand you, yet I cannot." The woman was honestly growing bored of this conversation as it was becoming repetetive, and the utter defiance, and compassion radiating from Kayis was almost sickening. Almost.

With a flick of her wrist, an apple appeared within her hands, and from the skin she tore a piece with her teeth. It was a dull little thing, yet due to her many years upon this plane, she had grown to like this taste over other human foods. Elly looks back to Kayis,"The Doll's fate rests with you then, lest she proves herself to me. I do not readily hand over the lives of my children to death, and I do regret those who have fallen, but I will not allow my family to be brought down because of a weak link Kayis." She said as the apple, still untouched but a single bite, fell from her hand, and seemingly disappeared into a puff of nearly invisible smoke just before it hit the ground.

Kayis nodded again and smiled to her, an almsot childish, boyish grin, that he often only shared with her. "I thank you for your mercy Milady, truly.. " A playful wink passed and they finally caught up with the rest of the Blades. "Good work today, to most all of you, However we are not going to insult those of Darkmoon any further this day... They all fought very valliantly.. and we must respect our opponents as we would our brothers... honor thy enemy Blades... honor them, both with your sword, and your respect!" Each of the Blades nodded and cheered, as they passed into the Second tier of the city, the largest buidling in the distance, was theirs, and even now they could see it. Kayis turned back to Elly.

"Now, milady despite all of the craziness of the day, order me as you will. I am your sword as always.. but I am also your greatest host.. What would you do now, Dinner perhaps, or the bath?" The Blades opperated strangely, despite Kayis being the guild master... he was not top of the tree, that was Elly... and their relationship was a strange one... Kayis... was the only one that would directly serve the Mistress with all that she pleased. No one else deserved such an honor as even washing the womans back..

The woman followed her children, a motherly smile weaving its way onto her lips as Kayis spoke to his brothers, and sisters. His words radiated the true meaning of the Blades, and with those words she remembered now why she had always adored him over the rest. As he returned to her, she thought about his words for a mere moment,"Hmm...A bath sounds lovely right now..." She murmured almost to herself. Her eyes then fell upon him fully. "Will you join me?" she inquired with perhaps the most sincere smirk she had managed ever in her time.

Kayis smiled back at her and caught himself staring directly into her eyes. "Of course It would honor me to join you Milady." A coy suave undertone betrayed his politeness, but such had always and never been there relationship. Elly had always been detached from humans, and so had Kayis, despite being one,, maybe that was why their alien relationship seemed to work. Kayis walked nearly hand in hand with Elly most times, and it stole the attention of the rest of them, unknowing of their relationship, most questioned it silently, and others... stared... Aundris watched back, a grimmace on her face as she watch Kayis and Elly, and Arias all the way to the front doors of their home. The Blades filed in, and Kayis return the collar about his throat willingly as he and Elly head for the inner private Bath-house.

Daedalus Arteria
Currently doing: Silently fuming in the corner

Azazel was fuming. Granted that he had interjected himself into the fight between the two guilds, but fighting a guild that have weapons that cancelled out the magics that he used and the supposed 'mage slayer' able to use magic without seemingly tiring? While his clairvoyance magic is severely weaker than it was 20 years ago, he was still able to detect the magical presence in other beings or objects. He did not detect any other form of crystals on her and her mana wasn't going down. The main question was in need of an answer and he was hell bent on getting it from the only people that he knows of: the losing combatants of that battle. He had been offered a place to stay for the night and for some food, which he took so that he didn't wander through the city with the remnants of his blood being caked onto his own face. He got himself cleaned up and was waiting in the common room of the HQ, waiting for the right time to demand the answers that he needed for his question. He had waited until the morning for those answers so he could replenish the little amount of mana and sanity that he lost during that battle.

He was there when the announcement was made that they had lost one of their own. The cries and the outburst from what he thought was the deceased's lover followed shortly. While the Fear Mage was still fuming and wanted answers for what happened hours ago, but even he knew that now was not the time for the question to be asked. However, a newcomer arrived and had been blunt in his response to the announcement. At first, Azazel was surprised in the man's words. The more he listened to him, the more he started to respect him. While the guild did indeed lose someone in that battle, there probably would have been far more losses if he didn't interject himself and Rekhyt into the battle, diverting the attention from various other members of the Blades. As the newcomer and one of the knights left the room, Azazel had thought more about the guild. He certainly had helped them out of a fair spot of bother, so he is owed something for the help. That plus his fight with Aundris has yet to be concluded. Whatever she was capable of doing now, he certainly had kept pace with her. However, he needed to go one step ahead if he was to conquer her soul next time. Perhaps a couple more spells or minions are needed for that eventuality. Moments later and another person had joined in the conversation with the newcomer. Even with the shadow of his clairvoyance, he knew that the man was a mage of incredible power. While he himself was a fairly known mage of power, this man's mana overwhelmed him. Perhaps later I would ask who he is, he thought, eyes concentrating on the door that the leader has yet to emerge from.

As he waited patiently, he saw the leader emerge from the room that he was in. It seemed that now was the perfect time for him to ask his questions. He got up from the chair he had been sitting in and walked over to the leader. As soon as he reached him, his lips moved. "Thank you once again for the night stay and food and condolences for your loss," he started, a rare tone of appreciation and sincerety in his voice. However, it changed as he got to the point. "However, I would like to ask what the hell was yesterday's fight all about?"

@Mercinus3

Wolfsin had only just let out a bumble of hardy laughter and slapsed Gabriel at his shoulder when a guest to their home approached him. "If you will excuse me Gabriel, our friend has waited a very long time... for an audience I think." Wolfsin nodded Gabriel off and stepped forward to meet with Azazel. "Ahh yes, I thank you for your words friend." Wolfsin remembered the man as someone who had almost raised a fuss at Comatose, but he also knew that without the mans help, the powerful Aundris would have been left at bay, and only Gabriel, beyond himself or Elite would have been able to handle that one..

Azazel had wasted no time making his motives known for approaching, which coaxed a sigh from Wolfsin's lips. he'd already known he would have to answer for the event. Just hoped it would not be so soon.

"That battle was the result of an attempted assassination on Galin, one of our top tier members. He is known for his ability to solo most S class missions, and so he is a large source of income for our guild, tactically the Blades were on the right point.. Luckily we were able to keep him from being killed.. that is due in part to outsiders help... and I am truly thankful." Wolfsin bowed his head slightly to the man. There was a certain sincerity to be found in the very aura that Wolfsin emitted around him. "it begs a question however... and I assure you I am not one to judge.. what reason did you have for helping us in that fight?"

• Love
Between his casual conversation with Kanari, and the interruption of the blue-eyed mage, Samuel was waiting for his meat pie. His stomach ached and groaned for nourishment. The savory and delightful scents drifting from the kitchen made promises of a fine meal soon to come. Yet life does not work out as one plans, something Samuel knew all too well. In his haste to become an Amaris knight, it would appear he would never get to taste that delicious meat pie. Kanari spoke, but the words barely registered in his mind. Only a terrible itch deep in his mind fouled his senses. Noland was digging his way to the surface once again. Samuel feared he may break surface sooner than he would expect it.

Samuel's attention was taken from the kitchen and the false hope of warm food, to a man named that addressed himself as Baliel. Sam shook his extended hand with clammy fingers wracked by hunger. "Baliel, my name is Samuel, and that is all you are needed to know. I would not belittle myself in speaking with a man so far below my status," Samuel spoke bitterly of the man. An attempt to rouse him to anger. Samuel was versed in the higher arts of magic, but he was not some bookworm. His Master had taught him well the arts of conflict. A angered opponent is easier to read and counter.

Samuel then released his grip from the man's hand, and made a face as if he had just plunged his hand in shit. Samuel then turned to Kanari and spoke, "You insult me by matching me with this man. If this is all you can muster for my test, then I must accept this 'challenge'." Samuel rose from his stool and followed Kanari out of the tavern and to the training grounds. Samuel took his respected side of the grounds, his opponent a faced him on the opposite side. In truth Samuel did not know how capable this man was, nor of Samuel's own strength. Never once had he fully exerted himself in a conflict. This would prove to be a learning experience for each party. In the back of his mind Noland plagued him more than ever, as if he could sense the suspense welling up inside Samuel. He would have to be careful, Noland grew far more restless while Samuel was in the midst of a fight. If Noland was to surface, surely the man facing him would be met with a slaughter.

• Love
Samuel's Trial Part One~
@Wolfsin vs @Sammael9216

"Mhmm.." Baliel murmured as he stared back at the new comer. "You talk big pup, Lets see how it all works out for you in My arena." Baliel chuckled to himself then swept by the man, not caring to pay him any more pleasantries. This wouldn't be like battling the pups, and so he called to one of the sisters to the guild. "Please go fetch me my armor, and my weapons." The woman nodded then scrambled off. meanwhile Kanari lead the way and out the back they went to stand in a large circular pit surrounded by about eight foot walls.

Kanari stood at the center and waited for each of them to take up their place on either side of her. Baliel hung back though and waited until the girl returned carrying a large half plate cuirass, and some greaves, and bracers. On her back was a wrapped up spear that Baliel grabbed up first, and then the intricate looking shield as he armed himself, and spoke only a few words that allowed his armor to instantly encase him.

Baliel wore no helmet, his piercing blue eyes stern across the battlefield towards Sam. In his left hand the mighty shield, and in his right, a wonderfully intricate spear with lions fur protruding wear required detail. The blade was curved and came down slightly over the far end of the shaft to create and almost glaive like appearance. Baliel turned then and swung the spear around before tipping it at the edge of his shield pointed directly at Samuel, at his side a wicked looking scimitar sat sheathed. Baliel's eyes focussed in on Sam and a smirk played on his features while he waited for his opponent to prepare.

Samuel waited patiently for the man to don his arms and armor. Is such a thing necessary? Samuel thought to himself. Samuel stood solemn like a statue carved from stone. When the man finished his preparations, Sam undid the buckles of his cloak, the heavy garb fell in a heap behind him leaving his upper body bare. Speed and endurance was far more effective than strength, and Samuel would have no need of a heavy cloak to catch and snag on this man's spear. Samuel extended his arms slightly outward. Sparks of lightning began to jump from his fingertips, then slowly spread throughout his body. His hair stood on end as static electricity thrummed throughout his body.

Samuel would make the first move, a test to see if this man could withstand a jolt of electricity. Sam judged he could keep this fight at a distance, after all this man was larger and stronger the he. It would be unwise to rush into this fight. Taking his stance, Samuel began to channel the latent energy around him in the palm of his hands. When he was ready he extended his hands outward and a bolt of lightning jumped from his fingertips. Naturally this kind of attack would be hard if impossible to aim. He could direct lightning, but he could not command it to strike where he willed. Samuel took a gamble on the fact that this man's spear would act like a lightning rod and pull Samuel attack to him.

"A mage?" Baliel admitted that he was surprised, but his guard didn't lax either. With a shift in his bodies motion he started directly towards Samuel whilst he started to spark up. His eyes remained locked with Sam's and soon his short march turned into a full charge. Baliel was tactical, in the way he fought, not good in duels so much, but excelling in group combat, and or fighting mutliple opponents. His mithral armor would suit him well in this fight.

The lightning cracked just before it was about to let loose, and Baliel grit his teeth, before stomping his boot upon the ground, his body seemed to shift as a spark of silver light followed him. In an instant he had closed a large amount of the gap between the two of them. Baliel was not much of a magician at all, but his items had been infused with crystals that helped him to combat magic, and place himself in the position he needed to be, this particular spell, was a mixture of two crystals. The first one that allowed him to forward his positioning by becoming air for only a few seconds, and the second which left a trail of mithral dust behind him.

Baliel raised his shield just in time, and a crack of lightning passed through space smashing into his shield, the armor rebounded and condensed the power of the blast and from his position a massive shock wave rebounded outward in a cone that released a more pulse like form of the lightning. Baliel took the deafening flash as a chance as he lunged forward with his spear and aimed to pierce Sam's right thigh.

Samuel was taken by surprise by Baliel's sudden burst of speed. In an instant he had closed the gap between them. Shit, Samuel thought to himself, in the same instant Baliel had effectively countered his attack and readied for an attack of his own. Samuel had little time to dodge the spear about to connect with his thigh. He could dodge yes, but for how long he wondered? The prospect of fighting at a distance was quickly losing its appeal. Samuel widened his stance and lowered his arms. He looked as if he was about to lift some incredibly heavy object. Baliel's spear struck him in the meatiest part of his thigh. Samuel gritted his teeth in pain, but in the same instant heaved his arms up even with his chest, his palms facing upward to the sky above.

Wind danced around the two men in a great force. Wind would not harm Baliel no matter how fierce, but that was not the intent. As quickly as the spear cut into flesh, the dry earth in which they stood jumped up into the air, and swirled about the arena like a sandstorm. Dust stung his eyes and all but blinded him, he would wager the man with no helmet was feeling the same effect. Sam took this moment to lurch backwards and free himself from the spear. Blood spurted from his wound and stained the ground. Samuel hardened his skin with one of his most used spells, the spell would drain him but at least he would not have to suffer more spear thrusts.

As he knelt on bended knee he placed the palm of his hands on the ground. He could not see his foe, but he wagered the man was close enough if not directly on him. Samuel turned the solid earth in front of him into a puddle of mud. The area was split in two. The side Samuel stood on was solid earth, bit that in front of him turned to mud that would slow his opponent down. In a moment the sandstorm would subside, and when it did Samuel would face his foe head on.

Wind swept up around the two of them and the sudden cloud of dust forced Baliel to draw back, his hand clenched into a fist, and he knew until his vision was back he'd been placed in a tight spot here.

Slowly Baliel strafed to the side, listening as best he could, the trail of sparkling mithral dust followed him, yet Baliel knew he was still deep in the woods as it were. Suddenly and all at once his fody jolted backwards, and like a bolt of electric his body travelled along the trail of mithral dust as if he were a part of it, returning him completely to his original position. Baliel smirked from behind his shield, and watched, before he started strafing to the side in a full circle around the arena just outside of the muddy path ahead of him. This was his arena, and he intended to make that known.

Samuel listened and waited for what seemed like an eternity, but no squelching sounds of boots pulling at the mud could be heard. His trap had failed, but may yet prove useful in the near future. His foe was clever and cautious. Samuel rubbed the stinging dust from his eyes, and whipped away the tears swelling in his eyes. As he rose Samuel walked headlong into the mud. Each step was a struggle. The mud was wet and perilous, each step he sank down to his knees. Each step left a trail of red behind him where his wound continued to bleed.

Samuel could feel Noland stir inside him, turning his mind into a hectic mess. His thigh ached, but the adrenaline flowing through his body served to relieve much of his pain. He pushed all other thoughts aside and focused solely at the task at hand. By the time he had reached the center of his muddy pool the dust swirling about them began to subside. Slowly at first, but the dust fell quickly as the wind died down. To his left Samuel could see his foe clearly just outside the reach of the mud. Samuel turned awkwardly to match his foe's gaze. The mud made it hard to turn and move, but that made no difference to Sam. His foe was a forward opponent, preferring to fight close quarters. Knowing this Samuel allowed electricity to flow from his feet into the watery mud. AS soon as his opponent stepped into the mud, he would receive a considerable shock. In the meantime Samuel formed bits of ice along his fingertips. Each wave of his hand sent spikes of ice flinging at his opponent. Samuel did not doubt his spikes of ice would shatter like glass against Baliel's shield, but that was not the point. He would harass his foe, forcing him to take the fight into the mud.

Wave after wave of frozen shard pass through the air and Baliel deflected each and every one of them with his shield, though the frequency was becoming very annoying. Samuel remained a center point in the middle of all of the mud, watching waiting, and that concerned Baliel, more than he was willing to admit. However the ranged game was something he was willing to play for a time as well.

In his hand Baliel's spear began to glow, just the same as the wound on Samuel's leg did. Baliel deflected another barrage of Ice and then let loose his spear straight into the air, where it was cloaked in light by the sun. Then it came down and homed in on Sam striking from the air like a shotting star. Baliel had used this distraction to step back and assess things. he prepared to charge if need be.

Samuel smirked as the spear of light came shooting down like an arrow fired from the sun. A pesky trick, easily nocked aside. Samuel raised his hand to meet the spear. With a flash of light of his own, a field of light created a shield around the point of impact. A simple spell many mages neglect for its lack of offensive capabilities, but Samuel found it to be most useful. The spear deflected as if it was just thrown against an impenetrable wall, it swirled in the air a moment before returning to the hand of its master.

This game was beginning to grow tiresome. His foe was keen on avoiding the mud as best as possible. Samuel feared he would not fall prey to his gamble. Before he could come up with a better strategy, he felt his mind slip away into darkness once again. Noland had used Samuel's distracted mind to assert himself in control. Noland was growing stronger with each day, while Samuel only grew weaker. Samuel fell to his knees in his attempt to regain control of his body, but failed in the attempt. Samuel fell, and Noland rose to take his place in the fight.

Things were about to get interesting.

Last edited:
  • Love
The Sage and The Wolf

Gabriel, Wolfsin

The Guild HQ

Gabriel had only been in the room for a few seconds before he was addressed, the words of the guild leader ringed to his ears. Yes the journey was long but most of it was spent thinking about the situations that had been placed before him, the young girl being touched and fondled by her own protector, the witch to the goddess of Lust and the demon hound prince that he had angered. He breathed a light sigh before turning to face the once strong lord of his guild, right now though he seemed sleep deprived and sad, lost to the words of the warriors that had once looked up to him. Gabriel finally spoke after mere seconds of thoughts passed through his mind and he caught a glimpse of what had happened here while he was gone.

"The journey was long but it was the quest the posed the most questions towards me, there was a witch from the Goddess of Lust she had the girl I was sent to find. I fought the Lord of The Hounds and ended with banishing him back to the gates he came from, the witch of Lust I murdered with her own spell but of course she made a vow that I would become her slave one day. Though even after all that this quest still had one last curve ball to throw my way, the princess that I saved was being molested by her father. After receiving payment for my mission I confronted him and promised if I had to return that I would bring his city to ruin, he got angry and kicked me out letting me know that he would never seek work from our guild again."

Gabriel stopped speaking after that giving Wolfsin time to contemplate the situation placed before him. Of course it took Gabriel a minute to look around at the guild and notice that first two of their Knights were missing, and second everybody else seemed to be looking either angrily towards their guild leader or seemed to have downcast looks upon their face. Gabriel turned to question their fair leader about the looks before they were interrupted by a man that Gabriel did not know. The man questioned the same question that Gabriel was about to and quickly Wolfsin answered about an attack on Galin leaving Gabriel one last question which he interjected on though he feared the answer.

"So then Wolfsin tell me where may I find Kyra and Kain? Don't tell me....."

Samuel's Trial part two~
@Sammael9216 VS @Wolfsin

A wicked grin spread across his face as he gazed at Baliel, the prospect of tearing into his flesh brought his mouth to water. Four tendrils of black energy tore from the flesh of his back, causing a spray of blood to turn to mist in the air. He used them like appendages to prop himself out of the mud. In a quick motion he flung himself into the air with great force, as if some giant had thrown him. Noland came falling down directly above Baliel. His black tendrils outstretched like hands trying to grab at Baliel. Each of these black arms may move like fluid, but could also pierce through flesh and bone as well as any spear. Each of the four appendages were aimed at each of Baliel's arms and legs. In the time between, many members had come to rest upon the walls and watch down upon the field of battle. To anyone it looked as if they were locked in combat evenly, but things were changing swiftly.

Out of nowhere, Samuel changed, and like an animal hungry to drain his prey of its life he lunged forward. Baliel had no choice, as the new found speed Sam had found was too fast for him to counter proactively. His final defense had to be used. Baliel Knelt at his position and brought his shield up, slamming its edge into the ground below as a seven foot orb of pure magical energy surrounded him and deflected the lunge of the falling monster that Sam had become, it knocked him back and before Sam could counter, the shield vanished. Baliel appeared across the field, standing upon the mithral dust. He displaced the latch of his half plate cuirass and let it fall before detaching his bracers as well. Baliel began to start forward in a zig zag formation, much faster than he had been moments before, the field was slowly starting to fill with looping and strange trails of the mithral dust. Baliel kept his eyes on the enemy, something had changed with the man, but he wasn't about to forfeit this just yet. If he could, he would save Samuel from whatever the hell he'd become.

Noland let out an ear wrenching shriek in anger that his attack had failed. The prey he so hungrily desired had vanished only to reappear across the arena. Noland stood on his own two feet without the support of the tendrils. As Baliel rushed forward, zig zagging across the battlefield Noland prepared for the next attack. Before his opponent decided to close the gap between them, Noland dug into the solid earth at his feet with all his tendrils. With little effort he lifted a solid piece of rock above his head and tossed it across the battlefield at his opponent, where he suspected Baliel would be.

Not waiting to see if the rock would strike Baliel, Noland broke his stance and dashed forward, hidden by the sizable rock he had just flung. His tendrils dug into the earth like the legs of a giant spider, each one serving to propel him faster and faster. If only he could place hands on his opponent, his madness would leech onto Baliel and corrupt his mind with his darkest fears. If only for an instant it would be enough for him to land the finishing blow. Noland prepared for what he imagined to come next. He predicted Baliel would dodge the boulder, and when that happened Noland would be close enough to respond with a follow up attack. If by chance Baliel decided to smash through the boulder, he would find Noland close enough behind it to reach out and touch him.

Baliel hadn't fully completed setting the battlefield, before this monster before him was flinging a large chunk of earth at him. "Shit!" he cursed as he stopped in his tracks, but he had to think fast here. "Ahh what the hell..." he shouted then launched himself directly at the chunk piercing the stone with his spear and holding it stiff as a board in the depths of this rock. Baliel moved quickly taking some pressure against his body by the impact of the rock, but he pushed past it and leaped from the haft of his spear. Baliel launched himself into the air, where the sky was painted with mithral dust, he soared now above Samuel, and with a twitch of his hand the spear returned to its owner. Baliel readied his shield... one more attack would be coming for him, and then he would hope to end this fight... Samuel was in the center of his ultimate attack now.

Noland paused his assault when Baliel came into sight above him. Something in his gut warned him not to linger where he stood. A foe would not place himself in such a defenseless position if he was not confident his next move would be the last. Noland would not attack his foe directly. Instead his tendrils came together and shaped themselves into a massive wing on the right side of his body. Noland had discerned that the silver dust in the air was the reason his foe could travel at such speeds. Remove the dust and he was as slow as a sloth compared to Noland. As so Noland twist his body, the wing as his back furled and twisted with him. In one swoop the wing generated enough force and wind to at least blow away most of the silver dust. Noland's back was now facing Baliel, but any attack would be hard pressed to damage him. The single wing sprouting from his back enveloped him in a shell of black energy. A shell as hard a steel despite its appearance.

All at once a gust of wind stole his most valuable weapon from him, but in the lapse of the move he allowed himself to be vulnerable, despite the shell Samuel used to protect himself. From the sky Baliel fell like a falling star, he used the remaining dust still lingering in the air to set his speed into unimaginable levels. He came down shield first with unimaginable force clashing against the black shell. Immediately on contact, two things happened, the insane pressure of his fall, and the mana shell activated Baliel's shield which caused a much more powerful shock-wave than before, to push Baliel back against the dust he traveled. The connecting forces clashed creating small cracks in the shell of the creature before him, the force pushing Samuel a few feet into the ground. Baliel used the dust under his feet to send him forth again with heightened speed and just in time, with pin point precision his spear shot through the breach in Samuel's shell, hoping to implant itself into Sam's shoulder and finish this fight.

Noland felt the jarring force from the impact behind him. As Baliel struck with his shield, Noland was forced deeper into the earth. The impact unbearable, and his shield began to crack under the force. Light began to beam through the small cracks of the blackened shield to peep into the darkness where Noland hid. As expected a larger hole formed above him giving Baliel an open window to pierce Noland. And so he did, with one last push forward Baliel thrust his spear through the gap in the shield. A shock of pain spread out across Noland's right shoulder. The spear had pierced flesh and bone, the end of it protruding outward even with his face. Like a wild animal caught in a trap, Noland disregarded all thought of self-preservation. The spear tip dripped red with his blood.

With his left hand Noland lurched forward and gripped the shaft of the spear and held on tightly. The shield at his back as solid and rigid as steel, now turned to a soft clay like state. If Noland was to feel the bite of a spear, so too would his foe. The black shield at his back split apart and turned to several blackened spikes. Like the mouth of a great ravenous beast, these black teeth spread outward encircling Baliel at his back. There was no swift exit, no quick retreat. Baliel may have struck a blow, but at what cost? Just as the teeth were about to impale him from all sides, front and back, they stopped. Noland's hand begun to quiver and shake, until finally releasing the grip on the spear. His hand fell limp and with it the black tendrils dissipated like dust. The wounds at his back left from the tendrils closed, leaving the mark of a scar upon his back. Noland was no longer in control, Samuel had climbed his way out of the madness for the first time.

He did not turn to match his gaze with Baliel, he did not even have the strength to lift his head. It was not the wounds nor the fight that drained him so, it was the internal struggle still being fought inside his mind. "I fear… I have placed you in peril Baliel," Samuel began. His words as feeble and winded as an old mans. "I think… we should… continue this at a later time," His last words ended with the taste of bile in his mouth. He would not have the others in the guild to think him so weak, it could not be helped now anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Halls of the Guild.

Eva could smell the stench of death, feel the vibrations of grief and taste the salt of tears long before she slipped into the guild unseen as the shadows her spiders cast. Such a palpable grief and anger, a long legged spider slipped from the rocks up the back of her dress as she silently walked through the halls as a ghost. The halls were quiet, so should it be at the time it was but it wasn't the silence of the night it was the silence of defeat. "I see." Her quiet voice whispered into the darkness to the spider now perched on her shoulder, its legs splayed for balance and its fangs close to her ear. "The fool is likely aching too." There was a time she would have checked on Wolf, when he lost a member of the guild he felt it as keenly as a blade in his own heart, of course, there was a time he would have wanted her to. She seriously doubted the Wolf would feel that deep pain when she was eventually killed, there'd be no tears, or mourning, there would unlikely have even been an announcement. She'd pass from this world as silently as her kin and forgotten just as quickly. "He should have taken me." Though perhaps it made sense he didn't, did he still not trust her? After everything she'd done to support him.

Silently the grim visage swept through the halls, pausing only briefly by the door of the infirmary, spiders could sense death and she was no different, she stayed and she watched the passing of one of their members. She watched as Charm broke from exertion and sorrow and then she slipped away into the darkness.

Her room was deep into the complex, out of the way of those more desirable and more social, the halls here weren't lit by candles, the only light came from her eyes as she navigated the twists and turns until finding the heavy handle that unlatched her door. The spider perched upon her skittered away into the dark cavern that made her room. It was a simple set up, she earned little money, she traded in secrets and information and as such she had very little money to buy things that would beautify the room. There was a single cot on the long far side of the room, fresh made and draped in spider silk, in the far corner from the bed was a large intricate web that glittered in the minimal light from the small window that stretched across the top centre of the wall. Small trinkets hung in the web, small silver charms, or bright coins a pretty scrap of fabric that glittered like sea shells and the odd small stone that caught the light like a prism. It was in the centre of the web that the large spider she'd sent home sat, the long legged one skittered easily down Eva's dress and up across the web. Passing as it did the modesty screen she used for changing and the old dressing table and stool that had been here before she had. The mirrors were draped in cobwebs but in such a way it seemed poignant and purposely done.

The basket was placed on the dresser, the scroll of paper in the top drawer stuffed with similar scrolls and papers and then Eva took the Sparrow's present, a small decorative thing, of no value to those who lost them. Hung in the web she lit the scallop shell on her dresser and the passing of the hours saw her repair her dress and reflect on all that had transpired that day, from the strange people upon the roof top, the white woman and her entourage, to the bat. A small smile flitted briefly on her lips, the highlight of the day and so informative, of course whether she'd share what she learned would depend if any one asked her.

Come the break of day she slipped from her hollow and out into the halls, she found a perch, quiet and secluded in the hall. She knew all the places people could slip inside unseen, all the places a person could hide undetected. She ran her fingers across the back of her pet and waited. She also knew how the people here worked, Wolf and Elite would announce the losses to those around them. It wasn't long before the hall began to fill and the announcement was made. The angry outburst didn't surprise her, usually when their were losses at least one person lost their tempter and blamed another, it was their nature. Eva waited until the hall had emptied after the announcements and slipped silently from the rafters, landing without a sound and her pet close to her chest. "I know it is a shame though I doubt I will be permitted to get revenge. The Wolf does not think like our master does. Assassination is beneath him." She smiled faintly and ran her fingers across the spiders legs, "Of course if I do not tell them I am not breaking a rule."

Eva slipped through the sparse hall, her eyes slipped between the warm bodies and her darling slipped form her hands and into the shadows to do her silent whim. She paused by the door as the meeting of the Knights, quietly she listened in on the meeting and as it came to a close she slipped away, unseen once more. There would be little to do today with the guild in, what she called, 'sulk' mode. There would be arguments and settling of scores, there would be rebonding and reminiscing for the lost and finally there'd be some kind of feast or party to bring the morale back up. hands folded she slipped back towards the main building, it was certainly time to eat and she'd need to see what the pantry had to offer.

• Love
br775z9.gif

~ Aria A'dreci ~

A chuckle amusement seemed to break the silence between the two beings travelling upon the dusty path, every now and then a brush of wind kicking up a blinding amount with a chilling howl. It seemed to do little to the brunette who seemed to almost skip upon the set path who strangely felt none of the incoming attack of the dust as it twirled in circles around her form. Aria, the female simply continued walking without a trace of discomfort, in fact she bore a soft but mischievous grin upon her features as she turned to her companion. "Xerxes~" She purred, her eyes gaining a gleam of amusement as she peered back at the Griffin that padded behind her. "Don't you think...That I could beat you back to the guild if we flew?~" She asked, though it was a reoccurring question between the two, she still seemed cheerful about the answer.

There was the sound of a deep sigh as the eyes of the griffin shut tiredly. "No chance. You have control of air but I'm built to fly and I win more often that not." Was the intelligent reply that only got a cackle in response as the demi-god pressed an arm to her abdomen. She snickered lazily, before loosening her arms to reach up and stretch them. "I win sometimes! Geez" Aria chimed with a small mumble. She seemed to pout slightly at his answer as it seemed that the two would not get to race upon the beloved sky she adored so.

The journey went in silence for a few more minutes as the two continued their trek, Aria with a gentle hum passing her lips and her 'brother' simply looking around in faint curiosity at the trees that loomed about them. Only when Aria looked back at the body guard mission she had just finished, did she speak again, ending the silence. "Maybe we should go for a harder mission next time, Xerxes..." She added in, her arms folding against her torso, against the phoenix design that was the top half of her dress, the blue clothing flowing down to her knees in a blue to match the sky, the skirts as if the tail of the phoenix. She also worse a pair of shorts underneath and ankle high brown boots. "Maybe...We only took this one because we wanted to leave for a while to travel." He pointed out, causing her to grin once more. "True...Travelling is a joy! All the new experiences and that~" Aria whispered before stepping forwards, twisting the foot ahead as she twirled with her steps. "I mean the new experiences alone entice me!" The griffin simply shook his head, large brown eyes turning to the skies. "Do you want to fly back? It will be much quicker than walking..."

Aria peered back at her brother, pausing in her steps to face him, her expressions till one of glee. "You flying or us both?~" Xerxes grumbled faintly. "I shall, I need some exercise." He stated, Aria stepping over to the larger beast , only to pause when she stared up at him, mid process of climbing onto his back. "Wait...Are you insulting me?" She hissed, a brow raised as she glared. He just huffed, turning his head away as he sat so she could get up. "No, not at all." He replied, deciding to play along with the female's love for games and mischief. Aria rolled her eyes as she finally got up, leaning over to flick Xerxes' head with a roll of her eyes. "...I'm watching you" was her reply, her hands entwining itself into the locks of the light brown feathers at the back of his neck.

Within seconds, the large and multi toned wings of Xerxes had unfolded themselves and spread as the creature released a large caw, talons ripping at the dry ground as they had begun to beat at the air, the very sound temporarily leaving Aria to bury her face within the mass of feathers before her, grinning as she let her eyes fall closed. As her eyes soon fluttered open, the wind forcing her hair far behind her, she was in the air, the domain she bore a prevailing love for. Kalt stood before them with the towering white marble walls, traces and flecks of gold here and there from what she could see. Quickly the city began to grow larger within her sights until they were just before the entrance. Xerxes took his time with his landing as Aria soon began to weave her magic, the wind brushing around her until it slammed against her form as she was blown from the Griffins back. The force let Aria twist in the air as she flipped, subtly controlling the wind to wrap around her form so her descent was slowed, landing upon the ground before the walls with a small grin.

Xerxes fell into place beside her and Aria grinned and Xerxes chuckled. The love of flying between them both create their current moods as they entered the walls of Kalt. "Now just back to Darkmoon~" The demi god cheered as a grin grew wide upon her face. "And we will see everyone again~" She cooed, once again twirling and skipping with her steps. "You should calm yourself Aria. You seem to play to many tricks when excited and it will annoy people" She did not pause in her skips, shrugging her shoulders with a small huff. "Fine. This once! I do wonder when you became the mature one out of us." They continued in their travels to the guild, the occasional chatter between the two as they approached Darkmoon. Once they stood before the guild, the two had fell into a silence. Xerxes paused in his steps as he turned his head to her. "I will head out to a corner of the grounds to sleep somewhere." Xerxes informed her. Aria peered back, nodding her head softly. "Rest well, brother." Was her reply, her tone having become gentle as she smiled at her brother.

Upon his ascent into the skies to find a place to sleep, Aria had turned her attentions back towards the doors, which she found herself staring at for a moment or two. She had only been gone a week or so at most as she accompanied her client who she was tasked to protect for the duration of his trip. Sighing softly, one of relief, Aria pressed her hand to the surface of the door and let it open with the pressure she applied. Aria had not expected the sight before her though. In short, the guild was far from the same one she left a week ago. Her brows knitted together in a subtly motion to express confusion before she found herself questioning what had happened. After thinking about the options, Aria found herself leaving to head out to the Guild's tavern, her arms folded over her torso as she pulled her bag closer to her. Once there Aria took a seat in the corner, propping her bag up on the table as she pulled it open to reveal what she had collected on this trip alone. She sighed, lowering her gaze for a moment...Even here the mood was somber, Aria now wanting to wait till she could find someone she spoke to regularly to ask what had happened, such as Kanari.

"I'll report later..."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfsin and Sinopa
@Aka~Kitsune

"Well well you returned right in the middle of a shit storm."

A light yet charismatic voice came from nowhere at all, and next moment Aria looked about she was face to face with a young man with raven-Esq hair. His skin was lightly tanned and his eyes were a piercing swirl of colors. Jack was sure he had met the girl before but couldn't place a finger on it. "Jack.. is the name. Many know me as Jack of Hearts." With a smile he offered Aria his hand. "I am what most consider and apprentice of Darkmoon, and by your badge you are a Sister?" Jack was abnormally talkative. The mood of the area was bringing everyone down, but Jack wasn't so easily influenced. "Anyways, Looks like your mission went well, have you heard what happened here while you were away yet"

(Short conversation posts are fine Remember long posts aren't required, for those wanting to get into quick paced conversation roleplays.)

br775z9.gif

~Aria A'Dreci~
@Wolfsin

Aria was lost in her thoughts about the current state of the Darkmoon guild, a moment that had pulled her lips into a thin line and her eyes narrowed till lashes drowned out her eyes from sight. A soft hum, one of contemplation, found itself lulling from her lips as she propped her elbow up onto the table, settling her chin against the bottom of her palm as her fingers had curled into her palm lazily. Her thoughts were easily led astray by a voice, yet it only being the closeness of its origin that truly disrupted her. Aria found herself blinking owlishly as her head had snapped around almost violently so that she could peer over at the other. Reaching over to shake the other's hand, Aria pulled her pack to her side as she allowed a soft grin to settle upon her features, the usual energy seeming to form once more within the Demi-god. "It does seem so..." Was her softly whispered response as she took another glance around, worry having planted its seed inside her head until she had begun to try and work out what had caused such as state of depression to the guild. Aria had quickly turned back to the other, now Identified as Jack, her grin only widening as she nodded politely. "Yep! I am a sister, name is Aria A'Dreci." She greeted happily, her tone seeming to contrast the current mood of the guild completely. Yet this was who Aria was at her foundations. "Pleasure to meet you Jack of Hearts~". Aria always did enjoy making new friends and acquantainces, an act that easily excited the brunette. Connections and bonds were a matter of importance to her. Though, it was his mentioning of her mention and whatever she had missed that caused her mood and expression to take a turn for the worst. "Yes...It did and no...I have not been told yet was had happened but it seems to be far from good news. Would you mind catching me up?"

@Aka~Kitsune

Jack quirked and eyebrow but ultimately settled into his seat. "I wasn't there when it happened, but Wolf made an announcement about the death of one of the Amaris Knights. Azeirath has left Darkmoon, Galin is out of commision, and Kain the very first Amaris Knight just left the guild also. All in all things aren't looking to great for us." From a side pouch Jack pulled and apple and took a bite. "You being a sister might get asked to be an Amaris Knight. If that happened would you do it?" Jack smirked then pulled out another apple and offered it to her, besides that he threw down his deck of tarot cards and dice. "Oh sorry, I got a bit ahead of myself and didn't explain what caused all of this. I don't know a lot, however I know that a battle happened between our guild and the top guild in the city, and well we lost with very heavy casualties. This new guy named FireFly came in and Wolf and Shadow boy made him an Amaris Knight immediately thus solving the mystery of the never filled tenth spot. Pissed a lot of people off it did, and now the Guild is having a hard time finding any harmony. perhaps that is why Im out here talking with a pretty lady as yourself, and not dragging my feet like the rest." Jack offered her her a smile and laughed. "Besides my mind alone is a dark enough place I do not need the negative air about this place at all."

br775z9.gif

@Wolfsin

Aria listened with an air of slowly growing discomfort causing her lips to curl even further, fingers tapping idly against her cheek as she watched Jack, listening intently. She had accepted the apple gratefully, offering a small smile and a quick "Thank you" Before the object was brought to her lips as she took a small bite. Aria was left to sigh deeply by the end of the explanation, almost appearing tired. She understood death and in her age had seen it many times, though it did not lessen the pain of knowing that someone's story had came to a abrupt end. Even the fact some left called a pang to dampen her mood for a moment. Sitting up properly, Aria rolled the apple within her palm, watching it for a moment before peering back to him as a smile graced her features, faint as it may be. "This...I have missed a lot." She finally spoke up, Aria taking another bite from the apple as she let her thoughts wander. "So much..." Aria was honestly baffled by the amount that had happened. "Even an Amaris Knight..." Her mind seemed to finally settle and the woman was left with a groan tumbling clumsily from her lips, her head dropping onto the table with a thud. "Why did I go on the stupid mission!" She whined, some of the Demi-God's childishness shining through as she turned her head, resting on her cheek to look back to Jack. "Me? An Amaris Knight?" She questioned, only to shrug her shoulders lightly. "If needed to be...I honestly doubt I would be asked though." When the woman did sit up, she finally took notice of the tarot cards, a sight that made her expression light up in amusement and excitement. "Those are tarot cards, correct? Can you use them to tell my future then, Jack of hearts?~" The wind user cooed, folding her arms on the table as she awaited an answer. She had not yet voiced it but Aria was honestly glad there was one person not wallowing in mourning and depression.

@Aka~Kitsune

Jack quirked his head to the side and smirked. "Ahh but for you to have become a Sister, that means you hold a great deal of power, what is it you can do Lady Aria?" He was being polite even if it sounded like he was condescending. "I am a master of Illusions, and other such fun little tricks, as well as a martial agent with a blade. So now you know a bit more about me." He smiled to her and took another bite from his apple. "And now for you?" His hand circled and Jack ushered her to go on.

When she was finished telling of her abilities the girl took note and interest in Jack's cards. "Ahh That I can. but I do not suggest it Lady Aria. The cards are cursed and they may seal your future."

br775z9.gif

@Wolfsin

Aria seemed to find herself honestly intrigued by the his abilities, something that could be noted from the fact that she had dragged herself up to sit properly once more, propping her chin up again on her hand. She had hummed a low note upon the mention of illusions, one brow raised as she grinned. While she had come across people with abilities with illusions, she had never battled one and the power remained quite mysterious to her. Blinking owlishly, the sister awoke from her thoughts as she cocked her head, letting her lips purse for a moment. "A bit about me..." She sighed deeply then. "Well, I do have quite a skill over manipulating air and wind. The sky is what I love most." She answered, letting her eyes fall close as she thought about her earlier moment where she fell from her 'brothers' back. The rush of wind and the adrenaline. "I also have a precognition ability, though using it can leave me in quite a pinch sometimes. So its used only if necessary." Aria had no issue explaining her abilities, there was no reason to really hide anything in her opinion. She felt no need to say exactly what she was, most people doubted her claim anyway.

As the conversation returned to the cards, she let a grin that bore the marks of mischief upon it, her eyes gleaming with amusement as she leaned forwards. "Seal my future?" She asked, her interest seeming to only grow more at those very words. "That...Is not something I have seen before in cards..." She paused, returning back to her seat as she sat properly, still grinning. "Well, at least tell me if you plan to use them on someone else, I would love to see how they work." She felt a small yawn tumble from her lips as she brought her arms out to briefly stretch before letting them drop by her sides. Noting something, the brunette just paused. "You know, Jack...You can just call me Aria?"

Status
Not open for further replies.