Norindul and the City of Guilds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Llerina Barrit'tar > Evaline
@MotherOfCthulhu
Darkmoon Guildhouse
An Opportunity from Darkness

Unknown behind the crowd stood Llerina, her presences seemed to be cloaked in darkness more than usual today, not due to sadness, but anger.
How dare they?
How dare they engage in battle without her?
The dark woman folded her arms and fell into her shadow, silently grumbling in the process. As she passed through the many shadows of the crowd and those within hall a single word cause her to peak into the world of light and hide.

Revenge.

The woman's words gave Ller an idea, though she wanted to confront her in private. The matter would certainly be disapproved of by those of the light, but this woman seemed to have a darker air around her; Ller felt she could be trusted, at least for this little thing. So the Drow slipped back into the shadows and followed the woman.
When they reached the main building's food supply room, Ller surfaced in a corner and leaned against the wall.
"Forgive me for the intrusion, but did I perhaps hear the word revenge escape from those lips? If so I believe the two of us have something in common. I have an idea if you're interested; however if you're not just say the word and I'll leave you alone."

Last edited:
Llerina Barrit'tar < Evaline
@Sinopa
Darkmoon Guildhouse

It was quiet in the pantry, a silent blessing, the noise and bustle often got too much for her especially during the day light hours. Even the melancholy misery of those here was not enough to alleviate the stress on her nerves in the busier hallways. Too many vibrations and very few filters, in the town her webs extended to very specific points. However here they permeated every corner, every stone and every crevice. While on her web she was able to feel everything, the issue therein was that everything was an awful lot.

The pantry bore very little of what she would naturally eat, 'civilised' people didn't eat the raw flesh of other creatures, though it was surprising how much culled and cleaned 'meat' was around. A hunk of horse (or was it cow) was severed easily from the rest and the hungry spidress was ready to devour it when a voice echoed up from the shadows behind her. Few could avoid her senses but there were always some and it always impressed her, turning she rose the raw meat to her lips and took a slow and thoughtful bite.

The woman before her was dark skinned, compared to her at least, pale hair and deep red eyes. What was it with these red eyed women who avoided her senses? It briefly caused a curl to her lips that could be mistaken for a smile. She finished chewing, swallowed and thought only a moment longer on her response. "The Wolf would never approve of revenge, he'd not be happy about it." She ran a finger across the meat joint, pressing her nail into the pinky red meat. "However, hypothetically speaking of course, if I were considering revenge I'd certainly enjoy conversing with someone in a likewise frame of mind." She'd never openly defy Wolf of course, however it was hardly defying if they were speaking hypothetically, right? Besides, Wolf still didn't have to know. Carefully the spiderling took another bite of her meat and waited. The Drow were known for their worship of spiders but it was still unknown to Eva what side they took when it came to her species.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa and Wolfsin
@Aka~Kitsune

Jack hummed to himself, though his eyes met with the lazy yes excited ones of the bird before him. "Ahh These cards are nothing normal I assure you, In fact I can not remember a time from birth to finish that I have not had these cards. Jack wasn't lying. The cards were like a birth gift for him and he could only recount of ever using them once in order to force a result to an event that might have changed many things long before. "Seeing as you are a wind and air mage, as well as Divination; do you have much martial ability or perhaps you are a natural caster? Arcane. You might say that I am intrigued now, as you are quite a pretty woman, and you have an interesting .... hmm air about you. You have enticed me to speak with you longer than I might normally with these two features.

Jack offered a smile then forward propping his head on his hands as he watched her. "Oh and for my formal disposition it is something I would address my mother as such. You are a Lady, I am a Ser. Is it wrong to address one as such? If so i certainly mean no offense, rather quite the opposite I assure you. I have seen many cultural changes in my time and so it is sometimes hard for me to remember what is right or wrong for the current time of my life."

• Love
Reactions: RaccoonKing
br775z9.gif

@Wolfsin

Aria had simply listened to his explanation about his use of formalities, a small grin coming to her lips as she dropped her hands into her lap. "Mhm, It's fine to call me that if it suits you." The woman replied, shrugging her shoulders lazily as she simply smiled brightly at the other. "It is not offensive or anything, just that I have not been called such before. I enjoy travels and the formalities displayed by the many who I have met have all been different." Aria, even in her youth with her father, was hidden partly away from those in her village and so did not experience any major formalities.

Continuing on, the brunette found herself quite enjoying the conversation with Jack, which was easily noted by the fact her maroon orbs danced with a light tone despite the earlier slump she was in at the news of what had happened. "I rely more on my magic, the air portion of my powers as I have a strong affinity to it, than anything else. In fact, battle or not, I use it quite frequently. The thrill of flying is indescribable.~" Her words were fueled with such passion that subconsciously, Aria had begun to reach up, brushing the pads of her fingers against the feather interlocked in a brown lock. "But I do know how to wield some weapons to a average degree...I avoid them though. Never found to much of a love of them. As for martial arts...My knowledge and skill there is limited. Despite my age, I never found much reason to learn it." Aria had cocked her head then, her brows furrowed. "Though I probably should of. "

The Demi-god shook her head after that, letting her grin return as pushed away the thoughts for a second. The occasional compliments were causing her to force the faint pink that dusted her cheeks down and away "You say I have an interesting air to me?..." She pointed out, amusement faint in a dark brown gaze. "I can easily say the same to you, Jack." Her grin only grew then as she adjusted herself where she sat, folding her arms as she settled them against the surface of the table. "So, lets take turns asking questions." She proposed, her tone light as she let her eyes becoming lidded, grin wider now. "What exactly, Jack of Hearts, are you?" Above everything, Aria loved games and mischief.

Last edited:
  • Love
@Aka~Kitsune

Jack turned his head and laughed. "Well doesn't that seem like an interesting game, Are we bound to answer such questions? If so why not take this just one step further." His smile spread to envelope his entire face from cheek to cheek as he placed the dice on the table. "For Any answer that we refuse to answer We will draw a tarot card and roll the dice twice. There is a bit more to this game than that however. This dice uses a very confusing system of magic that calculate the chance of hitting a certain number, its gambling dice of magic. When we draw our Tarot card, we will throw the dice and hope to match the number listed on the edge of the card, if we do not then we keep it to a pool of cards, once five are drawn there is no going back, as I explained earlier, these tarot cards seal the fate of those they read."

Jack didn't wait for her to answer before he passed out the cards and spread them over the table. "The dice is one through six, rolling them twice will have interesting effects I think. The dice itself will associate something in your life to the number you roll first, and each time you use them another number is chosen, and something else in your life will reflect that number, and or the magical composition direction connected with the ingenious mathematical rotation created by the dice. In ways if you choose not to answer a question, you are truly taking three large risks on yourself... so careful where you tread dear." Jack laughed then sat back and offered her the stange. "You proposed the basis of the game. And the first question and so here it is."

Jack sighed to himself. "I am... a human..."

Though he'd meant it ironically and to be the honest answer something happened then, as a Tarot card flipped on its own revealng the first of Jacks five cards. Jack looked at it curiously then back to her.... "I swear... that was the truth... I .. I am not sure.. what .." Jack watched the card carefully for a moment but finally settled himself enough to return the assault. "What color underwear are you wearing?" He offered a playful wink and smirked leaning back into his chair again as he waited for her response.

@MotherOfCthulhu
Darkmoon Guildhouse

"I've never been one to follow orders. So theoretically what's to stop us from 'bumping into' one of Blade's member while 'getting lost' ending up in their guild, and taking that opportunity to get information." The Drow walked over to a window and opened it, then turned back to Eva. "We just lost a very large battle, and during all of this appalling chaos we are vulnerable. This is the perfect time to completely destroy us. If we can get any kind of information it will give us an advantage." She knew this didn't seem much like revenge, however Llerina believed that even the smallest of actions can cause immense disorder. She watched the woman intently, as if she could peer into her soul and read her like a book; of course this wasn't true, however Eva had her absolute full attention.

"I've seen you around, not much but enough. I believe with our skills combined, we'd be able to get some valuable info with ease." Soon a falcon soared through the opened window and landed on her shoulder. "So suppose this chance presented itself, would you take it?" The Drows lips tugged into a mischievous smirk as she awaited the Spider's reply.

br775z9.gif

@Wolfsin

She tried to memorize this new game, though excitement made her thoughts race, as a grin began to spread on her face in return to his own. Games were the most enable thing to her, the risk alone brought a light out in Aria that was normally only present when she was flying. It seemed childish but Aria had always been quite the silly person, rarely being serious. Her father normally chalked it down to her mother. She hummed before looking between all the cards. "So...we answer the question and if we lie, a card will flip and if we refuse, we draw one?" She pointed out in contemplation before nodding. "Well, I could never refuse games. Risk or not~" Was the soft coo as she found herself leaning forwards in anticipation.

Aria had found herself with soft smile, one that was quite deceptive as she was far from that mood, as she finally got her answer to the first question. While she was about to reply, she was startled by the flip of a tarot card before him. The demi god blinked owlishly at the sight, curious to why it flipped when the other's voice seemed honest, only for him to prove her suspicions. Turning between Jack and the cards, a small whistle passed her lips as she stared at the cards with pursed lips. "So it seems...even if we don't know we are lying, they will." Aria was curious to know what these cards would prove.

However, she had not thought on it long as she was startled out of her thoughts by the other, her cheeks had gone pale for a moment as she tried to register his question, before she was left with a rosy hue to her cheeks. "W-what?" Aria spluttered, unable to comprehend why out of all questions he picked that. "You can pick any question..." She trailed off, letting her head drop onto the table again. "And you ask the colour of my underwear?" She mumbled, words having been muffled by the fact she had let her head rest on the table now. With a sigh, the female had pushed herself up to sit properly, folding her arms at her chest as she smirked. She was not going to loose. "Blue." She replied, expression sly as she told the truth, despite her earlier hesitation. "Right, My question, How did you get the name, Jack of Hearts?~"

• Love
Reactions: Wolfsin
GM Post
Kanari, Baliel, Samuel
Training field > Infirmary
@Wolfsin @Sammael9216

"Hey! Guys! I… I didn't say fight… yet…" Kanari let out a disappointed sigh as the two began their attacks. She walked from the center of the battlefield; lightning and dust just barely missed her as she dragged her feet. The moment she stepped off the edge of the arena she turned towards the two men and plopped down on the ground with another frustrated exhale.

She leaned her chin on her hand in boredom and studied the fighters. Baliel she was familiar with, so the stranger was gifted with the majority of her attention. She watched how he moved, attacked, reacted to her comrade's abilities, and most of all she watched his madness; Noland. However her observations came to an end the same way the fight did; with Samuel on the ground puking.

Kanari pushed up to her feet and strode towards the man, then knelt beside him.
"Well I guess you're still a pup, pup." She said teasingly, then gave a reassuring chuckle. "That's okay though, you'll have plenty of chances to rise in the ranks. And you'll have a guild right beside you to help." She wrapped his arm around her shoulder and helped him up, her head motioning for Baliel to help. No one questioned Kanari's strength in the guild, despite how small and petite the girl was. Even still Baliel lightened the load by taking one of Sam's sides and together the two walking with him towards the infirmary.

"Sooooo Baliel…" The phoenix looked across Samuel to the warrior. "You running from the big man again?" Kana asked playfully as she gave him a mischievous grin. The sudden acknowledgement by the Phoenix threw him off slightly.
"I don't want to deal with him today. I am fine being a captain..." Baliel glanced at her, and just by watching her grin, he knew the conversation wasn't close to done.
"Meow. Someone sounds like a scaredy cat. So you're going to avoid the man forever? Kind of impossible when he's your leader. Then again you could try to get him drunk every time you see him. Shouldn't be hard… then again you may end up killing him with alcohol poisoning. Then we'll have to kill ya!" She giggled.

Baliel raised a brow, and smirked. "You are a morbid little shit aren't you? No I won't avoid him forever. I have tried telling him no a few times now, but he doesn't want to listen at all... Says my abilities could change everything for the guild if honed." Baliel sighed to himself and lowered his head. "I don't want anything else on my plate. I just wanna train the young'uns and get them ready for Wolf to nag them."

"D'aaawwww! You're so adorable! You're like the fun uncle all the kids love... Also I'm not morbid, just realistic." She huffed before falling into a small fit of laughter. "Though he is right, having your ability combined with all of ours… Goodness. Then again the "children" are advancing quickly with your guidance. Decisions, decisions."

"Ughh there are no decisions to be made. I will not become an Amaris Knight. It is as simple as that."
"You silly kitty, Decisions for me. I'm wondering who I should root for." They were nearing the Darkmoon infrimary now, and Baliel took it upon himself to hoist Sam onto his strength alone and carry him through the doors.
"This guy has a lot of potential. If nothing else I would say he deserves to be moved to apprentice. He probably won't like learning under me, so it will have to be under Zeramere. He needs to get a grip on his inner power and he will be really powerful."

"Yeah, he's proven himself at least that much. I'll mention it to Wolfsin and he'll decide what to do."
Baliel set Sam onto a cot and then started towards the door. "Besides all of that. Why is the guild so busy today? What happened?" He knew by the sudden twitch in her features that it was the wrong thing to ask, and suddenly enlightment came over his features. "What happened with the Blades?!"

"We lost, but we didn't go down without a fight." The elf said with a smile. "They're gone now, Kyra is no longer with us though, and Kain has left due to Firefly becoming an Amaris Knight… These past two days were pretty eventful." She looked to the side for a moment then at the mage on the cot.
"I'm going to make him some tea. He doesn't look so good." She said awkwardly as she grabbed a mug and filled it with water.
"Kain was just leaving when this one came in." She pulled a jar from her cabinet and placed the dried leaves in the mug. As she turned back to Baliel the hand that held the mug began heating up.
"Oh and Gabriel visited the tavern also. I need to fill him in as well… I'll do that later though." When the water started boiling she plucked the leaves from the mug, grabbed a bowl of sugar from the cabinet, and placed them both with a spoon on the small table beside Sam's cot.
"Drink that. It should help." She told Samuel before returning to Baliel and sighed. "What were you up to?"

Baliel stood there struck by the news. "That is no small loss..." He finally said and took a seat opposite of where Kanari was. "If we lost that much, it explains the droll mood everyone is in quite well, and now I feel like dung for not being here when it happened... Dammit..." Baliel placed his fist into the arm of the chair and grit his teeth. He wasn't sure it would have made any difference but still his guild had needed him and he was....

Suddenly tugged from his own reality Baliel looked up to Kanari as he recalled her question. Telling her the truth would only make him feel worse, if he said that he housed one of the apprentices through the night; that would make it seem as though he shirked his responsibilities for a shag... With a student, especially with Kanari's vivid imagination. "Training. I won't lie that I went to the pub of course, but I had no idea about the fight anyways."

Kanari could see the change the news brought upon the man. She placed her warm hand on his fist and gave him a sweet smile. "Don't feel bad. There was nothing you could do. Wolfsin sent the letter to the Brothers, Sisters, and Amaris Knights; you weren't informed of the fight. You shouldn't blame yourself, this was on us, and only us. Plus you were training, the apprentices need all the training they can get, we're going to need all the strength available in case we're attacked again." She pulled his chin up and gave him a pat on the head. "I know this news is bad; take your time to mourn, and then move on. Don't let it eat you up."

"That doesn't help much. If I had accepted the Wolf's offer sooner, then maybe, but... it doesn't matter now..." Baliel offered a partial smile and sighed accepting the comfort of the Phoenix. Kanari had always been strange since he had joined, never really frowning, always having a cocky almost majestic air about her like she were ethereal and the world and its problems could no touch her. Baliel admired that of her.

"I will get past it, for now I will just do what I need to with the apprentices, though it appears any training is out the window for today. I may return back to my home in the city since I am not needed today. Seems like the best option to me."
Kanari gave the man a nod and stepped back to give him some room.
"That sounds good to me." The phoenix kindly replied. "If you need anything at all you know where to find me."

With that Baliel passed Kanari a smile and passed through the building before Wolf could track him home. He had a lot to think about, but the promise of a fire and warmth held him eager to get home. Maybe Remmy would come again this night, He knew it was more than he could ask considering the situations in how she had ended up in his home the night prior. Still he was hopeful.
[/hr]

• Love
@Sinopa
Darkmoon Guildhouse

The spiders eyes followed the Drow's every move, hanging on every word that dripped from that wonderful mouth, it was rare to find a person who thought like she did, let alone had the smarts to potentially pull it off.

Of course Eva's original plan for revenge involved a lot more pain. Any who had hurt the guild, would suffer, she wouldn't personally kill any of the members of the other guild. No. She'd take their families instead, kill their spouses, their parents, their children, kill off their friends or contacts....maybe even kill their pets if she had had the time. She'd take away everything they loved and watch as their souls were torn apart by grief and rage and then, only then, would she string them up to die a slow and agonising death from exposure and dehydration.

Sometimes her own thoughts repulsed her though and this was one of those times, war was war and the Wolf had been too cocky, too confident, if any were to blame for the deaths today it was him and the others who had gone out there thinking it was a game. A shame that so many new members would now realise that this was a deadly kind of game where no one was the winner for long. That there was no fun to be had at playing war, you lived or you died THAT was it. No matter how the wolf pup tried to deny it they were at war, they would be for a long time, even before now their position wasn't secure, now they were stumbling, tripping and the carrion crows were circling, waiting for a kill. She had so much mess to clean up.

The woman was right of course, something had to be done and while the others whose hearts hadn't been hardened to the world mourned and cried and threw tantrums they could go and do some good. The brutality of a personal revenge would have to wait, subtly was a much better plan, less likely to go wrong too. Information was the best weapon she'd ever found, more valuable than diamonds, sharper than any sword and stronger than any man she'd ever met. To survive they'd need more information and the drow woman seemed to know what she was talking about. Her furry familiar slipped from the shadows and up into the folds of her skirts. "Well if, hypothetically, such was put forward I would have to say that it sounds like a wonderful idea. Of course, it does mean I'd have to get changed, I'm rather recognisable as I am." Though that could likewise work to their benefit, her allegiance was known to be fluid, she was known as an information broker and there were people everywhere that owed her favours, the Blades would be no exception...probably.

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa
@Aka~Kitsune

Jack was more than just amused by the girls reaction, a sly quirk of hsi eyebrow and a matching grin told her that he was enjoying himself very much. "Any question in the world, and I wanted to know the color of your underwear, shouldn't you feel obliged my dear?" He laughed slightly and winked at her. Though her next question called for an even more interesting stage. "The name, my title. Well that is a fine story." Jack tapped at his chin and then almost immediately his swayed his hand before her a deep silvery mist following that soon became that of liquid shaping. "Rather than simply tell you, perhaps you might understand before I finish."

Jack began to craft a castle, and beyond it the appearance of multiple armies waged war, a floating cup upon the sky. Before long those armies spilled into a nearby village. Jack finally began his story.

"Long ago before Kalt, or the age of peace the wars of kings consumed this land, not just kings, but vampires, lycans it was a hellish zone in which nearly brought about the calamity of this world. I was simply.. a man.. a man that had settled into a village nearest the capital of Halia. The Old king of the capital city was a cruel man that brought about taxes, and when he pleased it he would come and choose our women, married or not if the king chose you, your memories were wiped and you were forced to swear life to the King in the Ancient languages of truth and power. A bounding spell that kept you at the Kings side for all eternity."

Again Jack swayed his hand as the visage of the crying village turned into that of a king surrounded by ladies, and money and war bands. Only to return as the story continued.

"One day though as a certain little jester passed through he noticed the woe of the people. This was the home land to the mans wife... And to see her run to her father crying as she found out her mother was taken, that same jester could not stand idle. A plan was proposed and from it a savior, a symbol of righteousness was created. The Jack of Hearts, was his name." Jack offered the girl a smile and then continued. "As it were the people were scared.. they did not know how to fight or stand up for themselves, and as such it would be a task to get them to stsand up against a king that had ruled them for so very long. Jack began his campaign appearing out of nowhere one day and killing the slaver sent to pick the next wife of the King. Standing over the body ... Jack made himself known.. and from that day forward.. that was his name... mmm.. and that answers your question no?"

Jack laughed and cut off abruptly swiping away the vivid imagery as he leaned in forward. "What brought you to Darkmoon?"

• Love
br775z9.gif

@Wolfsin

Aria had simply given the other a blank stare at his reasoning about the previous question, though out of amusement she had been unable to stop the small twitch that led to a smirk appearing upon her lips. This game was certainly interesting. A deep sigh tumbled from her lips as maroon orbs blinked. "I'll remember well, Jack of Hearts, that you are the first to ask me such a strange question." She answered, grinning lightly. This was the strangest people she had met. Though as the attention turned to her question, Aria was stilled when Jack had waved his hand into the air and soon began to manipulate the silver before her.

The woman found herself stunned with awe, a feeling that could be easily noted by the fact that her eyes had widened drastically and the fact she had began to lean over her side of the table just to watch. "What the..." Aria wanted to reach out and touch the silver castle as it came to life before her very eyes. A part of her watched in disbelief. Counting it down to his illusions, Aria sat back and observed, listened as the story was told. She shifted herself, folding her arms on the table as she propped her chin up on her lower arms.

By the end of the tale, Aria blinked wearily before turning back to Jack, her expression strangely devoid momentarily of any reaction to the answer she desired. "That..." Her words were much softer than the usual tone she had used. "Was...That was a wonderful Tale, Jack." She replied, her lips now spreading into a wide smile across her face. Aria always enjoyed stories and found herself often seeking them out when she was curious. With a small clap of her hands together, Aria sat up properly. "Lovely reason to why you got your title, So your a hero, mhm?"

Aria was running the story through her head for a moment before it had moved onto Jack's turn, something that caused her to pause and think about it for a second. "How I came to Darkmoon...huh..." She mumbled, slowly reaching up to press a finger against her pursed lips, her gaze shifting over to one of the far sides of the tavern. Aria suddenly let her gaze stray back to Jack before she smiled. "See...I am quite old and in my years, I have spent them travelling for the most part." Aria explained, folding her arms over her lap. "Specially so after my family had fallen to their life spans limit..."

A hand reached up to once again find comfort in the feather wound into her hair, the pads of her index finger pressed against the rachis of the white feather that seemed to turn pink at its ends. "Not to long ago I was visiting a large village that I have not been in for many years, I had returned because by this point not many people would of remembered me or recognized me. They would of believed me to be much older." Sighing softly, Aria continued. "Me and Xerxes, my brother in heart, visited an old friend and we found that she had given birth to a child, a poorly one. They were devastated and could not determine if or when they may loose their child, which led me to offer some help. " Thinking about her ability, she seemed to scowl before looking away. "I foresaw their child's future and informed them before I decided to remain a few more days in that town. When I was talking to a few of the villagers, I found out that many of them had hired people from guilds for help with some of their recent problems with bandits and such...It got my interest and I decided to visit Kalt."

Propping her head up in her palm, she pouted. "When I came, I kept an eye on the guilds and decided to look into them. Despite my love of travels and freedom, I honestly was enticed by the idea of belonging somewhere...Darkmoon felt right to choose and so I came to join." Aria finished, letting her eyes drop closed with a grumble. "It is not an impressive story at all! I mean I had not even heard of guilds till I visited that village..." Aria just seemed depressed at that point, wanting desperately to have a better tale of how she decided to join a guild.

Aria was left pouting as she watched the other through a lidded gaze, something that remained even as a smirk seemed to find its way onto her lips, the look of mischief having replaced the one of dejection that she previously had. "My turn now, Jack." She cooed softly, sounding almost as if a dark murmur as she changed her voice to make it seem ominous.

"Well then, What is your deepest fear?~"

@Aka~Kitsune

Jack couldn't help but laugh when Ara started pouting and without stopping himself he reached over and tipped her chin back up. "None of that. Your story is yours and that is what matters, what is the point in extravagance at the price of truth?" He was sly in how he spoke,a certain eloquence behind every word and the grace of a poet the back him. Jack settled calmly again trailing his fingers ghostly against her flesh as he sat bac again and recieved her question, for perhaps the first time.. a slight scowl forming on his face, but he wouldn't be defeated so easily. Aria had passed a point of no return with this question, though depending on her... curiosity she would only test the venomous waters.

"Love.. is my greatest fear Aria."

Jack didn't remain as droll as this for long when he instantly returned the mask he'd mentally created to fake a smile. "What is your Deepest goal in this life?" he finally asked passing off a sigh as one final affording of his prior anguish.

br775z9.gif

@Wolfsin

Aria honestly was sulking much like a child would. Her eyes remained fixed into a light glare and her lips in a childish pout, the very thoughts about her far less interesting reasoning for her membership in the guild causing her mood to sink further. While she was still annoyed, Aria still peered over Jack as she noted the sly tone, a small smirk coming to her lips as she shifted, her posture slightly better than her previous slump. "Oh what a charmer you are." She cooed, the childish sulk vanished in that moment as her attention to the game returned. It was her turn after all.

Listening to his answer, Aria was honestly not expected to hear that Love of all things was this mans deepest fear. "Jack of hearts...fearful of love?" She muttered, disbelief seeming to reflect upon her features before she settled. While it was not her turn to ask a question, Aria desperately wanted to know what could cause such a terror to that emotion. The demi god shook her head for a moment before answering his question, her lips falling back to a small line with a hum. "My goal?" Aria, in all her years, had not determined an over all goal to complete during her living days. There were instances where she desired certain futures much like everyone but she had no definite goal set in her conscious mind.

Aria cocked her head before she shook it. "I have none." While she spoke of what she consciously knew, Aria deep down had desires she had repressed or forgotten. Which is why feature features had twisted within seconds when a card before her had flipped over, her eyes widening drastically before she had in seconds gathered herself to her feet. Her hands hand slammed onto the table by her sides as she glared furiously. "What the hell!?" She hissed, the words a bare whisper as she tried to not disrupt the tavern no more. Aria glared at the cards before her as if willing for them to erupt then and there, flames burning them to ash till they were nothing. "How the hell do they know something I do not about myself..." She sat back down, a growl dying in her throat as she puffed out her cheeks. "I will get revenge on these cards, I swear...They want me to loose, I know it..." Aria took a few more moments to mumble in her anger, frustration present. It was a shock to her to feel this way, specially as Aria's mood rarely fell to become one of anger, even in the toughest of times. However having begun to question herself, she felt confusion and then anger.

When she had calmed herself, still her eyes bore a glimmer of her frustration at her lack of knowledge, Aria sat back down properly and cleared her throat, arms folded over her torso as she moved on...Or she tried to. "These cards....knowing more about me than I do...It is frustrating..." she finished before turning to Jack. "My turn. Why are you scared of love?"

A large brooding warrior, walked along a calm road in the woods. He stood in leather's and pelt, a large sword strapped to his hip. Splattered randomly across his body were large patches of blood. His hair hung loosely around his bearded face, some clinging to his face. His boots crunched against the rocky dirt beneath them with each step, his movement seemed to convey purpose as he walked. He had been walking for a long time, ignoring the world around him. It was only when he came to a fork in the roads that he was stopped. His path to Kalt had been confusing, several times he had been deterred by street rabble. He looked left and looked right, to his surprise a set of men rode down the right path. It appeared that there was a carriage in back surrounded by several horsemen. He drew his sword and stood in the road. The carriage stopped and two of the five riders rode forth. They didnt match uniforms, both wore random garments of clothing, and stray pieces of armor. Thieves by the look of it. They stopped about ten feet from him, their horses neighing angrily at being forced to stop abruptly.

"Stranger, lay down your weapons and we will let you pass," The skinnier one said. The fatter, taller one looked at his comrade and put a hand up to silence him. The skinny one tried to object but received another hand to shut him up.

"You gimme that sword or we cut you down right now," The plump one said with a smile, exposing a set of crooked teeth.

Loque held firm, his body stock still. He stared dead at the plump man. The crooked smile turned to one of anger before he spoke.

"You deaf?" He said a bit of spit coming from his mouth, "I said I want that fucking sword!"

"Dismount," Loque said. His eyes conveyed no malice or fear, his posture showed no sign of moving either. The fat man looked at his comrade and shook his head.

"Alright, but I warned you..." The fat man said throwing his leg over the side of his horse and dropping to the ground. Loque held his sword at his side and waited for the other man to draw his. The fat man reached across his stomach to draw his sword from his left with his right hand. Loque quickly brought his sword up and let its weight free from his grasp. The blade sailed through the air towards the fat man as Loque sprinted for the skinny man on the horse. The sword impaled the fat man through the stomach and caused him to fall, as he fell he grasped at his horse, it reared back in fear and neighed. Loque grabbed the skinny man by the leg as he reached for his own sword and ripped him from his stirrups. He was thrown to the ground and clearly landed in a bad way, it appeared that his shoulder came out of socket. Loque but his booted foot on the mans shoulder and put his weight on it. The man screamed and then a crack was heard and the man began to roll. Loque walked over to the fat man and pushed his horse over to get it out of the way. He grabbed the hilt of his sword and twisted as he tore it from the fat man's stomach. The man grumbled as his life faded. Loque crossed over to the injured man and turned him upwards with his foot. He then proceeded to swing low and through the mans neck, cutting deep into his throat.

The three remaining horsemen had begun riding towards Loque the instant he threw the skinny man from his horse. They rode forward, two had swords drawn and the other wielded an axe. He swung it up and through the air in a circular motion. Loque began walking slowly towards them and watched as the first two dismounted, the third stayed back and paced his horse back and forth on the road. Loque twirled his sword through the air taking wide side steps, each time his foot hit the ground the other would be in the air. He shifted his weight on to the foot he stepped on, building momentum. The riders ran at him, one came in with his sword raised. The other stayed fairly behind. When the man got about five feet from Loque, he used his built up momentum and dropped to a knee on the left side of the man. The man slammed into Loque's knee and stumbled.

"Bastard," The man exclaimed as he began to recover. His friend saw this as the perfect opportunity to move in. The first man came in with a downward slash while the other rushed with his sword aimed forward. Loque brought his sword up in order to block the first man's attack and felt the edge of the other mans blade scrape his side. He angled his sword so that the first man's blade slid off to the side and rolled out of the way of the second mans sword. He had barely a moment before the first man rushed back at him, with his sword high. Loque saw the open spot, and brought his sword from the dirt and through the mans chest. The blade did not pass all the way through however, it was stuck through his ribcage, lodged against the sternum. Loque would not have time to pull the blade out before the next man came at him again. He held the hilt of his sword and used it to shift the corpse's weight to the side, the body fell limply to the dirt.

"Raaaaaaaagh!" The second man shouted as he rushed forward swinging his sword wildly. Loque reached to his belt and drew one of the 4 small knives it held, he quickly flicked his wrist and arm throwing it into the mans throat. Loque stood as the man began to fall to his left and grabbed the handle of the knife, the blade cut through the right of the mans neck as he grasped for life. Loque tucked the knife back into his belt and watched as the man with the axe rode for him. The man wore a bucket helm, his right arm was armored and in his left he swung the axe. The man kicked his spurs and the horse sped up. Loque let the horse practically run into him before tucking his shoulder and flipping it over himself. The rider was crushed under it's weight, after some of the horses kicking and bucking the man fell from his stirrups. Loque walked over to him and saw that his chest had been caved in, through his helmet a rasping sound could be heard. Loque walked over and knelt next to the man. He grabbed his helm and pulled it off the mans head.

"Where is Kalt?" Loque said looking down at the man. His voice was calm, there was no threat in it. The man knew his death was near he would be foolish to keep the information from him.

"D...Day's ride... back the way we came..." The man said between labored breaths, "Mercy... end this..."

Loque stood, he walked over to his sword and pried it from the mans chest. Blood had dripped down the blade and some of the dirt from the road stuck to it. He walked over to the crushed man and lazily drove the point of the sword through the mans throat. Loque now turned his attention to the carriage. It had been still this entire time, the driver wasnt anywhere to be seen. Loque walked over to one of the horses that had been pacing and reached for its reins. The beast kicked its feet and took a few steps back, Loque put his sword behind his back and held his left hand up to calm the beast. It whinnied as he inched his hand forward, he firmly but gently patted its long face and grabbed its reins.

He held it and walked to the side of it. He raised his right leg into the stirrup and thew himself up and onto the saddle. He kicked his boots into the horses sides and it began trotting towards the carriage. As he rode up he checked the treeline on either side of the carriage, there was no one under the carriage, it seemed as if they'd retreated inside. When Loque got close he dismounted his horse and approached the carriage. He sheathed his sword and walked past the horses, they were relatively still as he passed, though he was soaked in red and smelled of death. He walked to the side and saw the door, the sun barely shown into the windows on either side of the door. He stepped forward and opened the door, for a moment it was quiet. Loque heard the sound of a crossbow trigger tensing and ducked out of the way, he heard swish as the arrow cut through the air where his neck had just been. He threw himself back through the door before whoever it was inside had time to react and or reload. His hands reached out and grabbed the first thing they could. He grasped cloth and pulled the man out by his hood. He threw the man to the dirt below and set upon him, striking with his bare fists, knocking teeth loose and pounding until the man stopped squirming beneath Loque's weight. Loque stood and walked back to check inside the carriage. He saw nothing but what looked like equipment to set up a fairly large camp. The carriage had no insignia on it, no idea of whom it could have belonged to previous these bandits. He walked back to the horse had calmed earlier and climbed on top of it. He rode down the dirt trail, towards Kalt. He knew there was glory to be had by the guilds of Kalt, and no man could deter him from claiming his glory.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Sinopa
@MotherOfCthulhu
Darkmoon Guildhouse

The Drow leaned her head towards Banshee as the bird nuzzled her cheek.
"Yes, changing would be wise. Sneaking into an enemy's base should be comfortable; it'll help when we conceal our presence."
She whispered something into the falcon's ear, which received a loud cry in return. "We have plenty of time, we can meet up in front of our guild hall as soon as you're ready. In the meantime I'll have Banshee gather more information about the target." She glanced to the side at Banshee and nodded towards the window causing the bird to soar off her shoulder, around the room, and back through the opening.

"I look forward to meeting you there. Until then." Without giving the woman a chance to reply Ller faded into the darkness and left the building. She was confident Eva would show, she seemed to know that this was the best thing they could do at this time.
The archer rose from the ground to appear in front of the Darkmoon's territory, keeping the guild hall in sight. Her stern gaze surveyed the area, in search for the path Banshee left for them.[/hr]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfsin
@Sinopa
Darkmoon Guildhouse

Eva listened to the rest of the plan, she had plenty of time to get things set up. The bird screeched and disappeared and the drow soon fell into the darkness. With that she turned and disappeared into the shadows of the corridors, retreating to her room with the beef she casually chewed at until she reached her room. The others here only knew her by this guise, the ever mourning lady, the woman with the veil and the dress of spider webs. How shocked they'd be at what she hid beneath, that though was the point wasn't it?

Once the door slipped closed behind her she began her own preparations, the spindly spider was sent out, slipping through the shadows on his long legs as he skittered out into the street. Eva slipped to the centre of her room and faintly smiled, how good would it be to stretch muscles she hadn't used since meeting the wolf? Her fingers gripped the head dress she wore and with care removed it, placing it upon her dressing table and sweeping the lace aside so it would trail neatly to the floor. Long platinum hair needed smoothing and with a comb brushed the tangles out so she could braid her hair tightly behind her. When done it was secured with a length of black leather cord and lifted to be pulled and secured in a tight bun at the back of her head.

With careful fingers she loosened her garments and stepped free of the dress, hanging it over the back of the mirror at her table, she stretched her long limbs above her with a contented sigh, lace decorated her arms clinging to her flesh before meeting the dull shine of black leather which formed the corset that covered from her breasts to her hips, clinging tight and accentuating her figure that was usually hidden beneath the long black dress. Long legs were covered by dull leather and a pair of knee high kitten heeled boots that laced up the front. It was a different look to be sure and one she hadn't used in a long time.

Moving to her dresser she pulled open the drawer and pulled from it a steel knife, it was small and curved to fit snugly between the breasts and it was there it was carefully inserted. In the same drawer there was a pair of boot knifes which soon found their way into the tops of her boots, hidden but accessible. Hopefully she wouldn't need them, or was she hopeful she would? She checked, making sure the blades were unnoticeable to the naked eye.

She slipped easily from her room, twisting and turning unseen through the corridors of the guild. Lithe slender limbs guided her to rafters or nooks close to the ceiling when people crossed her path. She wouldn't want to have to deal with questions now, not from the Wolf or any of the others. She waited on the roofs edge, hidden by shadows awaiting the arrival of the drow.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Due to many many reasons and fun occurrences, This roleplay is getting shut down. I will be in touch with some of you about opportunities. Save whatever works you wish to save Ill be deleting this tomorrow morning.

Final GM message~

Status
Not open for further replies.