Norindul and the City of Guilds

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=Rooftops, purple, solid]Location: City Rooftops
Interactions: Remmy, unknown assassin(Eiko Marubeni, I'll create a CS for her asap, @Wolfsin)

After leaving the Elder Dragon, Remmy made her way up to the rooftops. She had offered her help in finding this Lavona person.A mischievous one, who rarely liked giving out money for jobs she offered. Atonashi began running along the rooftops, jumping from building to building, nothing special. Looking around for anyone matching the description of the woman she was after, Remmy continuously hopped around, searching everywhere her target might be. She felt that she'd likely be inside somewhere, but couldn't help but search outside first. This place was so huge, hat to go in alone, to every single house and business, would be a waste of time. Damn this city, Remmy thought to herself. Why couldn't this be a smaller city? She continued along the rooftops, until a few sharp kunai knives landed just before her feet, causing her to jump over them, almost losing her balance upon landing.

"You're mine!" The assassin shouted out, not revealing themselves for even a second. Another set of knives came, as Remmy flipped backwards over them. She continued maneuvering backwards, until she was almost at the edge of the building. The assassin had what seemed to be an endless supply of knives. Who could have so many pouches for them? She thought back to the Tavern, a place where assassins dwell. A shadow in the corner came to mind. Remmy had little time to think on it, however, as knives came for her once more. She turned around and leaped to another building, being stopped in her tracks as her feet landed perfectly.

The assassin had a mask over her face, and her hair in a ponytail. Clad in leather armor, she drew her sword on Remmy. In return, Atonashi drew her own sword, and prepared to fight. who is this person? She thought, as the masked assassin took first swing. Their blades clashed, as the two stood almost still, their hands the only thing slightly shaking, along with their swords pressed against each other. Remmy pushed the assassin's sword back, and swept under her leg, causing her to tumble down the side of the building. Remmy jumped away, not wanting to face this person any longer. She had other things to be doing. As she jumped away, and out of sight, the assassin struck her sword into the roof, stopping her fall, and pulling herself back up, chasing after Remmy.

Remmy got far away, and continued looking for Lavona. At this point, she was being cautious not to disturb anyone, or let it be known that she was up there. She spotted someone who looked exactly like Lavona, and headed off to get a closer look before dropping down to confront them. Remmy peered over to take a peak, but saw only knives headed her way, and in the corner of her eye, the person she was looking for was running away. Atonashi ducked quickly, avoiding her opponents eye replacements. "Sorry, I can see just fine without those, dear." Remmy said, as her assassin found her stance next to Remmy. They both stood, and faced each other, swords drawn and ready for blood, each waiting for the slightest movement.

If Remmy knew anything about fighting, it was that to fight an assassin was tough. They waited for their foe to make a move, a slip, and went in for the kill each time. She had to think like an assassin if she wanted to beat this foe. Her opponent looked into her eyes with a piercing, determined, and unwavering stare, before making the first move. As they fought, the assassin pushed Remmy ever so slowly to the edge of the building rooftop. This roof was slanted, same as the one they battled on before. But while one side was relatively safe, the other meant broken bones at the very least. Remmy swung her sword in a downward motion, but to no avail, as the assassin pushed it out of the way with her own blade, and sliced Remmy on the arm she had been injured on during the training fight, before kicking her in the side with the bottom of her foot, sending Atonashi sliding and tumbling down the side of the roof.

Poorly constructed roofing sliced up Remmy's legs and arm, and before she had a chance to place her sword into the roof, she ran out of it, falling quickly toward the ground. Her sword arm was the first to make contact, with the rest of her body following immediately after. Her arm made a ear deafening crackling sound, as almost every inch of bone was broken at one time. Remmy didn't even have time to react to the pain, as her head hit immediately after, knocking her out cold.[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfsin
Cause and Effect~

The sound was muffled against his own breathing. Wolfsin held his own to keep up his strength and look to his allies. They were all in turmoil. Slowly the wolf's eyes faded back to their normal sincere golden hue and he looked over to Elite, who looked to almost be in the same situation. Neither of them had the time to worry for themselves. Kain's voice could be heard above the rest. "HELP HER!" The man cried, desperately to the win as he tried with all of his might to push up from the ground and go to Kyra settled in Kanari's lap.

Wolfsin watched from a distance, but his first concern was Charm. When he found the girl nuzzled up to her precious feline, she was int ears, and the little lightning spirit was silent in her arms. A bright golden light consumed the cat, and Wolfsin knew that Charm was exuding her healing powers onto her pet. He didn't want to interupt such a tender moment but there was no choice.

"Charm. Raiju will be okay now, you allies need you. Go to Kyra."

The little girl gave only a look of acknowledgement before she took off from her spot and fell only feet away from Kyra and Kanari. Wolfsin turned then to see Galin standing upon his knees, the same proud smirk as always plastered over the bastards face. The Blades had achieved their goal, despite the desperate struggle, they had taken Galin from them, but besides that Wolfsin couldn't allow himself to worry about goals right now. "Galin stay still you blasted fool, just stay still and hold on we will have a healer for you soon." No sound came from the mountain that time, but Wolfsin could tell with the slightest grunt that the proud man had heard him.

Elite was beside Kyra, though his eyes never fell upon her, they remained shut as he waited for Charm to perform as she needed to. Only when a little fox walked up did Elite finally open his eyes to meet the azure blue of Azzy's own. In the foxes hand, was a weapon he recognized before anything else; his bow. A moment of silence passed between the two, all save for the raging sound of Kain's voice as he crawled on the ground. The blades had cleared out in one seemed like only a minute, leaving all fights they currently had going to be unfinished if even by a little. In ways the guild leaders were thankful of the slight mercy they had been shown. Pride would say otherwise though.

Wolfsin continued to try and joke with Galin as much as he could, as Derhizen joined at his side, then from the corner of his eye the red head he recognized so easily it hurt. It was FireFly, and they hadn't been given ample time to talk with everything going on, but still Wolfsin was thankful for the mans showing. "Well met FireFly. He said calmly. In times like this despite how he sounded, the wolf was maybe just as weak as the rest. The burden of leadership fell hard on his shoulders when he lay witness to their effects. "He is in bad shape. But I had to have charm try and help Kyra first. Its bad leadership on my part but Galin would want it this way too and I know that." For a moment he doubted himself, but as FireFly said little to nothing and simply kneel beside Galin, Wolfsin held his faith in his friend. The fight had been a complete loss, but maybe there was redemption to be found if they could save their own.

The Savior's Home~
@Kelsi the Elven Warrior

"Gods, you're a heavy little shit when you are in armor..."

A familiar voice crept through the cracks of unconscious bliss, but Atonashi had no ability to open her eyes.

"Oh, well at least its good that I found you... Remmy."

Her name from those lips was.. like a song given to a lover, clouded and hazed in misdirection from her sleepiness. Remmy thought she knew whom the voice belonged to, but truly had no idea in her stupor.

A soft embrace of warmth consumed the girl, the small of burning logs, and the slightest hint of garlic in soup left a lofty scent for the girl. It yearned to coax the girl from her sleep, but the comfort of wool and linen kept her in place. A soft song, more like humming came from what seemed like too far at that point The song could have been in her ear and she might have slept like a child that night.

Only when the warmth got closer, and she heard the slightest tap of a cup against a wooden surface did her eyes betray her for sleep. Slowly vision came back and despite the pain of her wounds everything focussed in as Remmy came face to face with a smiling Baliel outlined in fire light. "Welcome back to the world of the living apprentice." He said calmly before pushing the bowl of soup onto the night stand next to her. "Eat up, after a tumble like that, and all the sweatin you've been doin I can only guess you're hungry enough to eat a horse."

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
The Bat and the Spider~
@MotherOfCthulhu

"Well that is a sweet little gesture if ever I'v seen one"

A seductive tone came from shadows, but belonged to no woman that Eva had ever 'met' thus far. Of course it was meant to catch the spider off guard, right as she had moved away from her apple, the fruit was gone. From the darkness a pair of gleaming red eyes could be seen, and before long a beautiful crimson haired beauty stepped from her dark cloaking to reveal herself. She wore black and red leathers tailored perfectly to lift her chest, and express her body in the lewdest of ways. Her face was not covered, no hood or mask just the beautiful face of a woman with skint hat could match Eva's own.

In the woman's hand was the apple that Eva had left. "Its nice, a very fine red apple. you chose well to bear the best fruit that you could to someone important to you. However I wonder for you to serve the leader of the number one Night hunter guild in Kalt. What type of price have you paid?" Her voice was coaxing, even for those that didn't want it to be, a natural charisma and pheromone not like Eva's own yet still it own signature. "I wonder spy of Darkmoon, will you come and chat with me for a while?"

The Savior's Home~
@Wolfsin

"Wha-" Remmy could barely speak as she woke, and gasped at the sharp pains that were coming from her left arm. She flinched as well, and showed a face of displeasure at the pain in her arm. "Ca-Captain, is t-that you?" She asked, in a weak voice. The fall she took, along with the fighting, must have taken all her strength. She slowly raised her right hand, and grasped the spoon of her soup, but as she pulled it to her mouth, it slipped out of her fingers, and hit the floor with a slight thump.

Remmy couldn't grasp the spoon as she wanted to. "I'm s-sorry, Sir.." Atonashi said softly, closing her eyes again. "I... I'm not w-worthy of being y-your apprentice.." She let out in the same tone as before. "That woman... I.. I got carried away." Remmy couldn't finish her sentence from how worn out and tired she was. She strained her eyes to look upon the face of Baliel, and thought for sure she'd pass out again. Remmy grabbed her left arm with her right hand softly, still feeling the pain of her broken arm, and the torn muscles within it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bat and the Spider~
@Wolfsin

It was not the sudden and sultry nature of the voice behind her that took Eva off guard but the fact there had been no hint prior to the vibrations of the voice that there was anyone nearby. The very same feeling she had back on the roof had returned, the intense gaze that bore at the back of her head and plucked at the primitive strings of consciousness that made her what she was. The words spoken were unsettling in a multitude of ways, the spider was not known to many as 'sweet' nor did she often allow people to see that side, it would ruin her reputation after all.

Eva turned to face the direction of the voice and spotted that the apple had been lifted, sadly she doubted it had been by the intended recipient. She would have liked to think she would have known if he'd taken it after all, yet the fact that someone else had gave her a mixed feeling of relief and irritation. She didn't get too long to focus on either though as a red-eyed woman stepped from the shadows, her hair as dark a crimson as she had ever seen and that fact alone made her blood momentarily boil. Red was the only colour Wolfsin would ever look at and it irritated her no end, though the irritation was soon swept aside. There was no denying the woman was beautiful, Eva could appreciate beauty in any form, even when forcefully thrust in her face as it was now.

This was the woman who had been spying on her and in her hand was the present she'd finally plucked p the courage to give to her former master. The red-eyed woman spoke on and Eva's attention turned from the fruit to the woman's face, she had a way with words, a natural charm that seemed to defy Eva's own pheromones. She spoke on matters of the past that Eva had not truly considered before. A price? She had never paid a price, Shadowrun had taken her in, taught her how to fight and how to kill. Of course there had been times he…but that wasn't his fault, like Wolfsin her form disgusted him and there was nothing that could help that.

Before she could coherently reply to the question that had been half-asked she was asked a more obvious question. The woman seemed to know both sides of her history, mentioning the guild she lingered with and her position therein. Eva was intelligent enough to know that no probably wasn't an acceptable answer in this circumstance and that to say no would bode badly for them both. Whereas accepting the invitation would give her time to collect valuable information that might eventually prove useful. "A chat sounds lovely." She replied, casting a stray look to the window hoping that her presence here had still gone unnoticed.

Behind her layered skirts Daphne skittered out and disappeared into the shadows, slipping through a crack in a wall to make her way back towards the guild, Eva had commanded it and so it would be done.

• Love
Collab with Sinopa
Aidan Lestri - Nadia Lestri - Ayduin - Ilyana

A moment after the thumps on the door echoed through the large manor a male Mithral Elf slowly opened the entrance and peaked out. His violet eyes narrowed at the light outside. Though it was cloudy, inside the manor was lit only by a few candles, and the windows were draped in black. He recognized immediately who the two were and opened the door wide for the twins to enter the grand lobby.

The twins walked in with varying expressions upon being allowed in, one being of contempt and irritation at multiple things, while the other was a insanely large grin and small giggles to match. Aidan entered first and allowed a dark, fiery gaze to roam the room with a critical gaze and pursed lips. Nadia on the other hand hummed, stepping in last as she danced quickly around her brother to take in the decor. "Ah...ITS SO PRETTY!~" She squealed, her intention to be quiet failing miserably.

"You two must be the ones from Arktus. Please come in." He invited as he stepped to the side. The blonde gave them a bow once they were in, then gently closed the large door. "My name is Ayduin Larongar, I am her mistress' hand. After I show you to your chambers so you may relieve yourself of your belongings, I shall take you to meet m'lady." The elf began turning to lead them through the halls, but before he could a woman called out, causing the tall elf to jump nearly out of his cream colored skin.

"That won't be necessary, I am here."

A gentle yet strong voice called from the top of the staircase which laid in the room's center and was covered in a royal red carpet.
"Mistress!" Ayduin scrambled up the steps as the white haired woman began to walk down. He quickly placed himself at her side and held his arm out for her to grab. "I wasn't expecting you to come out of your room so soon. Is everything alright?" Much like his eyes, his tone was engulfed in worry as he helped the woman descend.

Nadia watched patiently, her glee having faded by the new distraction of she who was assumed to be their client. The female redhead had wandered to her brothers side, smiling a innocent smile as she leaned against his arm, prompting his attention. "Them two seem to get along well.." She whispered before yawning. "I guess so..." He replied, falling back into silence to listen.

"Nothing is wrong Aydu, I just wanted to meet the two who are risking their lives to watch over me." The woman released a small laugh as they reached the bottom. "A pleasure to meet you, I am Ilyana Navarre. Thank you very much for your services; you don't know how grateful I am for this." Her dainty hand clutched her large stomach as she gave the twins a small curtsey, it was clear that the baby would be born soon.
"Come, first I'll walk you to your rooms, then we can chat over dinner."

Both of the twins lit up in their own ways at the mention of food. Aidan as he had accidently forgotten the important meal due to his studies and the earlier ritual. Nadia just liked the notion of eating with others, a social gathering was the aspect she enjoyed.

"Whats for dinner? Can I have oranges? I reallllly~ Like oranges..." They both followed her, one rambling and the other just rolling his eyes occasionally at the nonsense.

Footsteps resonated through the manor as the elegant woman led the twins through the halls, offering gentle laughs at the young lady's words. Ayduin remained close to her side, ready to help her in a moment's notice if necessary. Throughout the hall hung pictures of various men and women, along with candles that light the way.

Soon they arrived in a large room that held two beds with red lacy canopies over them. The floor was dark wood, like most of the manor, but was covered in a white oval rug with intricate designs of gold throughout the weaves. There was only one window in the room, it was large but as the other were it was covered by a dark cloth. In front of the beds was an empty fireplace, and beside it were fresh logs for a fire. "My chamber is directly across from yours, so we won't be too far apart when we rest. Does it suit your tastes or would you like a different room?"

When they had stepped into their assigned room, this time the youngest had entered first and much to her enjoyment, she had already aproached one of the beds where she practically had jumped onto it. She twisted in her place, falling onto her back as she sighed contently. "Its sooo soft~" The girl whispered as she allowed her lids to fall closed, breathing relaxing.

Aidan had followed in shortly after, dropping his bag by the other bed as he went and took a seat in one of the dark red chairs, collapsing back with a small grunt. "It is far above what we need, Mi'lady." He replied, idly cracking his knuckles to listen to the click of his joints. "We thank you, Lady Navarre." He had stood once again, bowing to one of his guild's patrons respectfully. "Allow me to introduce myself. I am Aidan Nathaniel Lestri."

Nadia piped up at this point, sitting up from the comfortable sheets of the bed she already claimed as hers. "Oh! I'm Nadia Anastasia Lestri! Nice to meet you~"

"I'm delighted you like the room. And you have such beautiful names, a pleasure to meet you two too." She smiled at the twins as she gracefully left the room. "I'm sure you two are starving, the dining hall is not far from here. Dinner is ready and waiting for us." She strolled down the long hallway once again, with Ayduin walking beside her, the twins following quickly after.

Soon they stopped at a large door that the Star Elf quickly opened, welcoming the three into a large room with a large table covered in white directly in the center. The table was filled with a feast, a plate laid at the end of the table, and on either side of it were two more plates for the twins. Ilyana took her place at the end of the table and folder her hands on her large stomach.

The twins had headed over to the seats opposite the lady who had become their client. Nadia had pulled the chair out and slumped with a happy grin as she stared at the food, smiling brightly as Aidan sat next to her, awaiting the invitation to eat by the lady of this home.

"Please sit and enjoy." She invited as Ayduin stood behind her chair. "Ayduin told me he asked for one of Arktus' best, so please tell me, do you study any craft?"

Nadia upon her very first words had distracted herself by reaching for the closest piece of meat. She had no issue bringing it to her lips to allow fangs, canines, to rip into it with almost practiced ease. It resembled those beasts to which she had mastered. Her twin on the other hand had simply sat and taken some bread, pressing a few to his plate before bringing the remaining to his jaws. He paused in his motions, mentally thinking, before a red eye'd gaze had settled upon the pregnant woman, expression softening. He was a monster by many standards but a pregnant woman was something even he would not harm. Probably anyway.

"Of course Ma'am, both me and my twin have mastered a trade of our own." He muttered, voice low but strong despite its quiet utterance. "I, myself, have mastered the art of domination magic as my field of craft." He replied, only now taking a bite of his food. "...A craft many despise as evil but...its useful." He cooed before turning to Nadia. "Answer..." He mumbled, reached over to flick the younger girls cheek.

In response, large red eyes had flickered between them both as she swallowed whatever meat was now in her grasp, a grin sliding onto her lips. "Well~" She playfully stressed the syllables from her lips, almost as if trying to tease someone. "I mastered demonancy!~" Nadia declared with a sinister grin sliding onto her lips, a matching glimmer to blood stained orbs. It was if both the twins awaited a moment for them to judge her, to see her reaction to the murmured words. Though they were surprised despite the lack of evidence for it.

The woman's eyes brightened up upon hearing their crafts. "How wonderful! I can't wait to see your work. I don't really use magic myself, I pursue knowledge instead. I have a library upstairs if you two want to look at all the books I've gathered later." She offered with a smile. Suddenly, just before she was able to take a bit out of a slice of bread her chair was spun around and she heard a thump behind her head.

"Wha?" She meant to stand up but was gently pushed back down by Ayduin before he rushed towards the window. Ilyana reached behind her chair and soon her fingers found a dart lodged where her forehead used to be. "Ayduin?" She tensely inquired, staying stiff in the spot she was placed in.
"I believe he is gone. That was way too close." He closed the curtains and returned to his mistress, turning her back towards the table. "As you two can see, we need to be on our guard at all times."

The attempt at her life came as a shock to the twins, having even stopped Nadia in her tracks of devouring what little meat was left. Aidan had furrowed his brows and schooled his expression into one of distaste. "We understand..."

Ilyana went to take bite of her food again, but instead put it back down with a frown. She leaned back in her chair with a quiet sigh.
"I think I may retire for the day, my days and nights are kind of switched." She let out a quiet titter. "Please make yourselves at home, and feel free to anything here. If you need anything or any help there are servants around at all hours. Thank you two again for your services." With that she stood up, bowed to the twins, then exited the room with the high elf.

Last edited:
  • Love
pKKJfI1.gif

oCo2O3c.gif

@Sinopa

When Ilyana had left, Nadia and Aidan had turned to one another with matching expressions, a rarity considering how their personality opposed each other in most ways. Determination shone through the fiery red, blazing in their own dark lit way as both slowly released a sigh they had restrained. At first, the hall was left quiet as they looked around, each turning to study opposite sites of the room before their attention had shifted back to one another, the youngest speaking first.

"...I don't understand why someone would attack a pregnant woman, someone who has a life within them..." She whispered, signs of hurt portraying itself upon her features by the slight lowering of her brow, the shudder upon her lower lip and her down cast gaze.

Aidan had noted it and simply sighed, letting his eyes fall closed as he felt the familiar presence of a headache. "I do not know either, Nadia. I will do a lot...but someone with child..." The twins came to a silent agreement in this moment that despite a lack of details, there was little room for failure.

With the silent agreement made, Nadia had stood to her feet with a sudden movement, the sound of the chair legs scraping against the floor with a resounding echo as the red head smiled brightly, or tried to at least. Her hands, nails a matching colour, found themselves shifting through the bloody red tendrils with a quick pull to loosen any tangles. "Well...I guess we should head back to the room so we can work out who watches Ilyana when and all that.." She suggested, stepping out of the vicinity of her chair to head to the door, only pausing to quickly grab a remaining piece of meat, to which she quickly bit down upon before heading out.

A deep sigh followed as the oldest Lestri grumbled at his sister's antics as he followed, although not making quite as much noise as the other as he escaped the arms of his chair, hands shoved into the pockets of his trousers as he caught up with Nadia who seemed to have trouble recalling where they were to go. "Left, Nadia..." He pointed out, barely watching as she paused, nodded and followed his direction. "Most hours...we should both be guarding Ilyana together...we can probably spare a few hours during the day for a break each while the other takes full responsibility..." He mumbled, idly reaching up to scratch his chin in thought.

Nadia finally swallowed her food after leaving Aidan in silence for a few seconds, a sudden cough causing her form to tremble as she had paused in her steps to try and calm her breathing while she regained her composure from having her food effectively choke her.. "A-ah..." Grumbling, Nadia pouted at her sudden fit before turning to look at Aidan as she approached their room. "Seems fair...We can't let Ilyana out of a certain radius of us now..." Nadia had let her hand fall upon the knob of their room's door, still. "Other than needed moments of privacy and space...Aidan, I am not letting someone kill an unborn child." She hissed. "I won't even give them time to ask for forgiveness or pray to whatever deity they serve. Such intentions upon a child should be sin..."

THUMP.

There was no pause as both of them immediately headed towards the origin, Ilyana's room, with preparations being made with each step. Nadia had drawn one of her blades from her side, the right, before heading over towards the door to which she pulled open without waiting. Aidan had paused at the entrance also, letting the dark mist cover his hands in the encompassing void that it was, chilling the air with its presence as it would fade to a grey when it moved away from its point of summoning before distorting into the air.

• Love
Collab with Sinopa
Nadia Lestri ~ Aidan Lestri ~ Ilyana ~ Ayduin ~ Attacker

Slivers of light pierced through the darkened room to reveal two men on the ground. Ayduin was then suddenly kicked off and crashed into the wall with a loud bang. Ilyana knew the high elf wasn't strong, nor did he really master any craft, to her knowledge he was just a mere servant. But that didn't stop him from throwing himself between her and her attacker.

The twins, for a moment of weakness, at the sight before them as both gazes became shrouded in disbelief at the occurrence before them. As the fact settled, their expressions twisted, being contorted by anger and shadows, becoming far from human as both become demonic in its very essence. A snarl ravaged the expression of the younger, eyes locked in their fiery red as she had drawn her weapon, the black steel blade twisted in her grip as she shot over towards the attacker.

"May the light of Radium shine bright…"

The figure stood to revel a bald boy draped in orange robes with fierce determination on his face. His ferocious glare was aimed at Ilyana, who sat up in her bed with a pained look on her face. He held his arm out towards the woman's stomach, and rested his other hand on his extended upper arm. "…And cleanse the wickedness from those who threaten your order of justice." The boy closed his eyes for a moment as the prayer caused his hand to glow. When they light engulfed his arm up to his elbow his eyes opened with intensity. "Remove... and purify."

In proximity of the new opponent, the red head had lowered herself, the blade switching in her grip so the blade faced outwards, despite it not being her next move, it was preparation. In the next instance, Nadia had glared once more before her face was pressed against her shoulder as she reared her arm forwards, only to send it forcefully back and into the abdomen of the bald man, close enough to the solar plexus for it to drive the air from him.Or so it seemed, he managed to flip back before receiving the brunt of the attack, but it did leave a cut. When he gently landed he jumped back several feet and placed his hand on the scratch. His eyes narrowed at the twins and as he whispered something under his breath light coated his hand and quickly healed the small wound. An action that had Nadia narrowing her eyes dangerously too.

Aidan had his own expression of disgust as he turned. He would wait for a opening that Nadia would give, knowing that he could use his craft, for them to gain the control of this attack. If she did not kill him first. So, in knowledge of that, Aidan had hurried over to Illyana, holding his hand out to her. "Are you okay?"

Illyana took his hand and slightly squeezed for a moment before relaxing it. "Thank you kindly, I'm fine." She gave him a weak chuckle. "Being pregnant is no easy task." She slowly threw her legs over the edge of the bed and unsteadily stood up. Ayduin made his way to them and took Ilyana's other hand.

"I'll get her out of here, deal with the boy." He stated as he helped his mistress towards the door. While they walked he looked over at the boy expecting him to stop them, but much to his surprise the boy's eyes were locked onto the red heads, completely ignoring the woman.
"With pleasure." Aidan replied quickly, observing the attacker.

Once they were out the boy finally spoke.

"So, you two are the body guards." His challenging voice was young, but it held experience. "Then my mission begins." He held his hand out causing the staff on the ground to fly up. The moment he grabbed it the weapon began to surge with light. "This battle rests within the hands of Radium. May his blessing course through my veins so that I may fulfill his commands and wipe this world clean." Immediately he charged forward as light followed behind not only the staff, which extended with the intention of bashing into the female twin's head, but behind the prayer beads around his wrist.

Nadia's gaze widened at the sudden light that burst forth as she rose quickly to her feet, regaining her composure as she moved herself back, away from the line of the staff to which she doubted had good intentions with all the new light. Noting his continued approached, Nadia raised her blade in defense at her side, aligning her elbow with her shoulder as she held the blade out to take the impact. "Shut up with this Radium crap!" She hissed quietly as she moved. With her free arm, though her occupied one would soon give as his swing had gained momentum, she switched her grip so the blade aimed towards her as she swung it to dig into his side.

Aidan watched with a raised brow, being the only of the demonic twins to listen to the monk looking male's words."So we are the mission...?" With that, a grin began to force its way onto his lips, revealing ivory teeth in a demonic grin, a lingering threat. "This should be good. Nadia! Give me some time!" He had raised his hand, settling his right upon his upper left arm as he let words, laced with darkness that spewed from his very lips, fill the air with an unwilling chill.

• Love
GM Post
The Aftermath
Characters: Kain, Charm, Elite, Wolfsin, FireFly, Kanari, Kyra, Azzy, Galin
Players: @Key Tuzi @Wolfsin @FireFly69 @Azzy @Sammael9216

"KYRA!!!! REVION!!!! I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU I SWEAR!!!!! KYRA HANG IN THERE!!!! YOU BETTER NOT FUCKING DIE ON ME!!!!" The deafening shrills poured from Kain's mouth, piercing through the air like a blade. Wolfsin held the ballistic man to the ground, each time Kain struggled a cry of pain interrupted his continuous verbal rampage. His body ached and begged for rest, but he ignored it, wanting desperately to reach the dying woman.
"WOLFSIN YOU DUNDER-HEADED BASTARD GET OFF OF ME!!!! LET ME GO!!!! KYRAAA!!!!!

Kanari held the female in her lap; in an attempt to keep them calm she cooed whispers of comfort to the injured woman as well as her friend who worked with all her might to mend their harmed companion.
"It's not working!" The small snowflake's voice of distress rang out under Kain tirade.
Despite all of Charm's efforts to heal her, Kyra just wasn't healing quick enough and soon the wounded woman would die of blood loss. They needed to stop the bleeding and fast.
"Come on, heal!" Charm muttered under her breath as she pushed harder to save Kyra.

After closing Galin's wounds as much as he could, Firefly made his way towards the women, with his abilities he would be able to seal the lesions just enough to stop the bleeding. However before he could reach Kyra Elite stepped in his path.
"I know your intentions are well, but after this we need to have a discussion on where exactly your loyalties lie." With that Elite moved out of the way so Firefly could help their fallen comrade.

The redhead nodded then continued forth toward the group. He knelt down behind Kyra and examined her visible wounds. After a moment he focused on those injuries and slowly the blood that poured through began to harden into thin clots. After a moment all the cuts were slightly sealed, it was enough to clear her from the threat of blood loss and to allow them to relocate without too much worry.

The Darkmoon Mercenaries all packed up and left towards the guild house. The unconscious Kyra was held up between Charm and Kanari. Elite carried the rageful Kain, who had slightly calmed down as he was within Elite's arms' reach. Wolfsin and Azmeryth helped their towering friend, Galin, to their destination. Their march was that of defeat, not only had the battle taken its toll on them physically, but it had also made a huge impact on them mentally. Their pride had been forcefully stripped from them and shattered into a million pieces.

Upon arriving in the guild house, they all made their way to the infirmary and Charm continued her work on Kyra.
"Well all the bad news aside... its good to see you brother." Wolfsin smiled towards FireFly, but in his eyes was the betrayal to his happiness. This day had not gone at all as the leader has planned, they had been completely beaten. Elite piped in next, his tongue sharp as ever as venom dripped from his lips.
"What was that? You speaking with Kayis of the the Blades?" Silence lingered between them and FireFly simply smirked before responding.
"Kayis is an.. old friend, as until only moments ago I had no idea that either of you were here. I seen him and so I decided to say hello." FireFly met Elites gaze evenly and they stayed that was for one seemed like hours to be only a minute. Finally Wolfsin budged in.
"Well enough of that..." The conversation continued for a while.

Before Long Wolfsin called for the attention of the present Amaris Knights. His eyes passed over each of them, and he explained of their loss with solemn eyes finding his own. Some were angry, others ready to storm off and fight the blades themselves, but the suaving tone of his voice held them.
"We have suffered great loss, but in the shadows of our failure a small beacon of alight has arisen." Wolfsin ushered FireFly forward. "An old ally of ours has rejoined us, as the tenth and final Amaris Knight!"

"WHAT!" Kain's voice was filled with not only surprise, but rage as well. "YOU'VE GOT TO BE JOKING!!! YOU'RE ALLOWING HIM, WHO JUST SHOWS UP OUT OF NOWHERE, TO BECOME AN AMARIS KNIGHT JUST LIKE THAT?!? All OF US HAD TO WORK HARD TO GET TO THIS RANK!!! WE HAVE ALL DEDICATED MANY YEARS TO THE DARKMOON MERCENARIES TO GET TO THIS POINT!!! HE DECIDES TO JOIN AND IMMEDIATELY GETS BUMPED TO THE HIGHEST RANK AVAILABLE!!! HOW IS THAT EVEN FAIR!!!" The man struggled to fully sit up. Several groans left his lips until he was able to steady himself on the cot. For a moment he stared at Kyra with a pained gaze.

"AND YOU!" His fiery glare turned towards Firefly. "SINCE YOU'RE APPARENTLY THIS BIG SHOT WHERE WERE YOU? WHERE WERE YOU WHEN KYRA NEEDED HELP?! YOU WERE CONVERSING WITH THE LEADER OF OUR ENEMIES!!! DID YOU NOT SEE ALL THE DAMAGE DONE TO THE GUILD BECAUSE OF THAT PERSON?!? DURING THAT LITTLE DIALOGUE YOU DECIDED TO INVOLVE YOURSELF IN YOU COULD HAVE INSTEAD HELPED ONE OF US!!! NOT EVEN A DAY IN THE GUILD AND ALREADY YOU'VE BETRAYED US!!!" He turned to face his leader. "AND YOU EXPECT ME TO BE OKAY WITH THAT?!? ALLOWING A TRAITOR TO BECOME ONE OF THE HIGHEST RANK JUST LIKE THAT?!? YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!"

"Quiet! Please, Kain - I know you're scared. But it's hard to focus with all of these distractions." Charm chimed in which seemed to end the man's diatribe.
"It would probably be best if those who are not seriously injured left for the night." Kanari suggested as she helped Kain lay back down and get comfortable. As Charm healed, Wolfsin, Elite, Firefly, and Azmeryth all left the room, while Kain, Galin, and Kanari stayed with Charm and Kyra. Kain's cot was moved closer to the female, and Galin quickly fell unconscious upon lying on his bed.

As the night passed all but Charm fell to sleep. The little snowflake restlessly pushed and pushed to heal her comrade.
"C-Charm?" A weak voice called out from the wounded woman.
"Kyra! You're awake!" Charm replied quietly.
"I-I can't feel the p-pain anymore."
"Please, you should reserve your energy."
"You've b-been healing me… all night? Y-you should be… the one reserving e-energy." A frail chuckle left her lips, which was followed by a drawn-out sigh.
"Don't trouble yourself over me. I am fine, Kyra."
"That's goo-" Before she could finish a gasp escaped from her mouth and her body tensed up.
"What's wrong!"
"N-nothing." Kyra gave a feeble smile attempting to relax her body, and yet unbeknownst to her, tears began to pour down her cheeks.
"Nothing? Why are you crying?!"
"I am?" A shaking hand reached up to touch her face, when she pulled it back she saw the drops. It was hard for her to move, in fact, it took most of her strength just to make this simple action. "I-I am… I can't seem to stop." More and more seemed to leak from her reddened eyes. She knew why, she just didn't want to accept it.
"How can I help you, Kyra? I don't..." Charm pleaded as she grasped Kyra's hands.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." Kyra shook her head, her voice started to fill with panic. "I'm sorry."
"Stop saying that!" By now, Charm had tears of her own seeping out.
"Thank you. You put so much work into healing me. I-I'm sorry it will all be for… nothing."
"What are you saying?! It was not all for nothing! You're here aren't you?"
Kyra slowly looked to the side towards the sleeping Kain. A feeble grin forced its way under her tears before she turned back to Charm.
"I… I am. Thank you for that. I guess it w-would be… insulting for me to s-say it was-for nothing. You have done so much f-for me… Thank you so much…" The life from her eyes slowly began to fade and soon her hands fell limp within Charms hands.
"No." Charm whispered as her hands tightened around the new corpse's own lifeless fingers. "Why...?" The girl was forced to realize she couldn't do anything now. This didn't stop her from trying of course, but in the end her exhausted adolescent body surrendered to a tearfilled and traumatized sleep in the lap of friend she had been too weak to save.

Few knew at first, Wolfsin comforted Charm as best he could, and preparations were made, the night finished its term and soon Wolfsin and Elite stood before the whole of the Darkmoon, broken.. beyond words. The Golden eyes found those staring up at them and with a sigh Wolfsin parted his lips to speak.

"I am sad to say that Kyra Rhana is no longer with us. During the battle against the Blade Lords she fought hard against Revion, but he overpowered her and the damage was fatal. After her wounds were closed enough by Firefly for relocation, she was moved to the infirmary. Charm did her absolute best to heal her… but unfortunately it was not enough, she passed away last night. Her presence shall always remain within our hearts, she will never be forgotten."

That morning the entire guild gathered in the guild hall for the announcement. The sobs of Kain leaked out from the other room. A moment after the cries came to an abrupt halt a hand slammed into the frame of the door.

"She remains in our hearts?! Seriously!!! She'd remain by our side if it wasn't for you!" Kain pointed his finger towards the vacant-eyed Charm. "Why couldn't you heal her! Were you slacking?! Were you not giving it your all to save her!? Why, WHY! In fact, she wouldn't have needed healing in the first place if you guys could do your fucking jobs!!!" Tears poured down his angered, reddened face, the puffiness under his eyes said he had been crying hard for some time. As Kain's rampage went on Wolfsin lowered his head. He began to tense up and the veins in his forehead could be seen. "COULD NO ONE GET THAT BASTARD BEFORE HE HURT HER?!?! ARE YOU ALL SERIOUSLY THAT WEAK!!! WE NEEDED HELP BUT NO ONE CAME IN TIME!!! SOME FRIENDS YOU ARE!!! YOU'RE ALL USELESS AND PATHETIC SCUM!!!"

"That is enough!" Anger surged through Wolfsin's powerful voice, which echoed through the room. Not many have seen the guild leader angry before, it was rare indeed, in fact this would be the first time for most in the room to see him like this.
Kain stopped in his tracks and glared daggers at the leader. A similar gaze met his as the tension between them become almost visible. The room remained quiet, as if everyone was afraid that the slightest sound would cause the two to lash out at eachother. After what seemed like forever Kain shook his head and turned away.
"You will regret all of this." These were the last words uttered by the seething Kain as he left the building in silence, completely ignoring the man passing by him on his way out. (Sammael9216)[/hr]

• Love
Reactions: Azzy
Samuel stood outside the guild hall for a moment before deciding it was safe to enter. Ever since he entered the city; all he could hear on the lips of every citizen was the fight that unfolded just yesterday. Samuel silently thanked his lucky stars he was delayed. Fighting was all well and good, but Noland grew stronger with the scent of fresh blood that follows a decisive battle. From what he gathered earlier; it would seem the Darkmoon Guild took one hell of a thrashing. Sam's master encouraged him to seek out this guild, "There you may find sanctuary, and perhaps redemption." Sam repeated the words back to himself, all the while hearing Noland's voice mocking him. Inside Sam could hear the faint ranting of a man. He sounded frightfully conflicted, a mix of rage and remorse clung to his voice. As the sounds from within subsided Samuel began to make his entry into the guild. To meet him came a man whom Samuel guessed was the source of the commotion moments ago. The man was red faced with eyes puffy from tears. He bore the heavy mark of shame and loss, and it showed all too well on him.
As Samuel entered into the hall of the Darkmoon Guild he was met again by the collective members of the guild. In that moment the guild members took notice of his uninvited intrusion. Sam could see the bitter look of defeat marked across all their faces. The room stank of hate and despair, it filled his nose and began to infect him with the same melancholy. For moment Samuel doubted this guild. They look to be just as defeated as I. He grudgingly thought to himself. He almost wanted to turn around and leave, but he couldn't. Where would he go? This was the last place for him, and he knew better than most that even a defeated dog can still bite. "My name is Samuel, I have traveled a long way to get here in order to join this guild. Low and behold this is what I see once my journey has finally met its end, a beaten and broken bunch of sycophants. Tell me, did none of you expect a reprisal from your enemies? Surely such a quick rise to the top warrants envious enemies?" Samuel began to move closer towards the collective group. All together he was sure most here wanted nothing more than to shut him up, but he had gone too far not to appeal to them, to try and get them moving forward again. This was not the time for honey words or a soothing voice. Now was the time to rub salt in the wounds and rise back up for the fight.

"You are all to blame for the loss you have suffered" Samuel began again. "In your victories you have foolishly become complacent, you have forgotten what it means to be the underdogs. Now that you tasted defeat, you allow yourselves to wallow in it. Those who climb the highest suffer the hardest falls, you can let the fall break you or you can continue to climb. I for one did not travel across a continent to suffer the company of a feeble guild unable to pick itself back up and continue the struggle. Defeat is not something you can easily shake off, but surely some of you here have the stones to keep moving forward? Am I wrong?" Samuel knew his words would suffer him the ire of most here, possibly the guild leader, but he simply couldn't stand there and look feeble in front of everyone.

Kanari Vale
Guildhall > Guild tavern
Greeting the stranger

@Sammael9216

Among those who stood with the leaders in front of the crowd was Kanari, despite the sorrowful events that recent unraveled her features held a small smile. Her expression wasn't disrespectful, it was more experienced and nostalgic. Another person dead in her presence, she was far used to this, she felt heartless for not feeling remorse, but it couldn't be helped. She was pretty close to Kyra, as she was with many of the members of the guild, like the furious Kain who just storm out in a fit of rage. As much as she hoped his temper would cool down enough for him to return to the guild she knew his resignation was final. And yet that smile still stood strong, seemingly immovable by the chaotic events that just unfolded.

For a brief moment, though, that grin faltered with surprise at the speech given by the stranger, but soon it returned and she stepped forward before looking towards her leader giving him a nod, then turned back towards the newcomer.
"In a way you are correct..." Her strong yet sweet voice replied. "But you see, my friend, there is more going on here than just defeat. A comrade, no, a family member has lost her life, and another has disowned us. This is much more than just a defeat. All of this plus the loss against the Blades happened only in the last 30 hours. I agree we need to move on, but first we must mourn, in respect for the fallen, and to build back up our pride." She stepped through the crowd of gathered guild members to reach the stranger then gave him a welcoming smile. "Now if I heard correctly you said something about traveling far to get here? Let's talk in a more appropriate place." The dusk elf walked past the man to the door, beckoning for him to follow
"Please continue up there boss." She playfully saluted, knowing that he was probably still heated up from Kain's performance, then she left the building expecting the traveler to follow.

She lead to a building near the guildhall, the guild's tavern. The knight elegantly walked in and made her way to the bar. Kana sat on an empty stool and ordered just a tea, then looked at the stranger and patted the stool next to her.
"Would you like anything to drink or eat? It's on me." She said with her seemingly permanent smile. "Oh! And I'm Kanari Vale +The Darkmoon Phoenix+; Amaris Knight of the Darkmoon Mercenaries. Who might you be?"

Last edited:
  • Love
Samuel followed the petite girl to apparently a tavern. She motioned for him to take a seat next to her, and so he did. This must be an introduction, or at the very least an interrogation. He speculated a Guild so famous wouldn't allow a stranger to join them without first going through a process of determining their motives and loyalties. He decided then and there that he would reveal himself to her, hiding his motives would only prove to sow distrust in possibly the last safe haven left for him. "I will not accept your charity Miss. Kanari Vale, I will pay for my own meals," Samuel replied coldly as he produced a pouch of gold and silver coins. He tossed three silver pieces on the counter and ordered his meal. He pulled one gold coin from the pouch and spin it on the counter. Around the coins edges were a ring of blood stains that had dried and began to flake off. "I'm sure you have many questions for me, but first let me start by saying your Guild Master has been expecting my arrival," Samuel stated. "I however expect you may not be aware of the situation I find myself in, and so I will explain it to you since you asked so nicely." Samuel continued to spin his coin on the table as he spoke, allowing it to twirl and spin until it lost momentum. "I'm a wanted man, because of this fact I have came here seeking sanctuary and perhaps atonement for my many sins. I am a man besieged by madness, a madness named Noland that often takes over my body and mind to commit unspeakable crimes. You see Noland is my split personality, a figure without remorse or pity. Just the other day a family I happened across after losing my way offered me food and shelter from the rain. That night I killed them and cannibalized their corpses." The bartender across from him stopped in his tracks a moment before returning to his work. Samuel grabbed the coin and let it rest in the palm of his hand. "Somehow... I will atone for my sins, and the Darkmoon Guild will help me achieve this goal." Samuel finally turned his gaze from the coin to lock eyes with Kanari Vale. "I require two things. A room to myself that locks from the outside, and secondly to be made an Amaris Knight!"

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa and Wolfsin
Comatose Cafe Colab

Between Skylan, Rian, Kailani, Pascal, Crystal, Thomas and Adrian

WARNING: Obnoxiously long (but incredibly funny). Read at your own risk.

"New projects, hm? Anything I can help with?" Skylan's glowing eyes surveyed the tired woman discretely as he swirled a small shot glass of Liquid Fire between his long fingers. She seemed particularly stressed as of late, though Pascal never bellyached about her responsibilities - unlike a certain blue haired idiot who'd snuck off some time ago to dirty the kitchen. He had very little faith in Rian's humility to clean up whatever mess he left behind when he finished avoiding responsibilities. Sighing softly, Skylan downed the shot of his beverage and filled another. A certain tapping on his bar and the voice of Lust incarnate pulled his attention from the delicacy before he had the chance to take a second drink.

"Heh. I was wondering when your pretty hide might appear. Long night, Lani?" The raven-haired barkeep chuckled lightly as his fiery eyes scanned the scarcely dressed woman on his other side. "Pain? My oh my, what have you been up to?" Playful sarcasm laced the obviously rhetorical question as Skylan pulled bottles from beneath the bartop, lining up a special mix for the selkie seductress. Yet he fully anticipated the snarky reply sure to come - looked forward to it, in fact, as he so enjoyed their playful banter. Drawing a sea-green and purple stained glass from the back shelf, he switched his gaze to measure and pour a small amount of blue liquid from his assortment of bottles, keen to the mixture of voices joining their conversation.

Kailani rolled her eyes at the barkeep, knowing that anyone in the tavern could guess at what her nightly activities were, especially Skylan. Kailani pursed her lips and put as much sarcasm into her voice as she responded to the rhetorical question, "Oh, you know the usual. I was up all night knitting scarves and playing the lute. My ass is still asleep from my boring and mundane night." Kailani quirked her eyebrow at the raven-haired man and tilted up one side of her mouth. "So if you could hurry with that drink, I would appreciate it. I need to drain the memory of my completely useless night from my brain." Kailani actually sighed and put her head in her hands briefly, "Although washing last night from my memory might be a good idea. I just remembered who I was with last night, and don't you dare ask."

Another rumbling laugh echoed from the tall barkeep as he worked, mixing a special little taste for the sassy woman. He worked carefully, though she suffered no delay as his practiced hands produced the drink swiftly. A gradient of blue, purple and clear liquid, the glass rimmed in a florid teal nectar for the salt to cling to. He finished it off with a wedge of fish and offered her order with a lopsided smirk. "It is my honor to wipe another disappointing night from your memory, my Lady."

Kailani gratefully took the mug filled to the brim with her favorite mix. Skylan always made it just right and the garnish was her favorite. She popped the fishy piece in her mouth and chewed slowly, savoring the taste. "Much obliged Skylan, and as always the drink is divine. Now, I am going to go address the rest of bar. It seems I am being left out of juicy conversation and we can't have that, now can we?" Kailani, mug in hand, sashayed her way toward the small group of gathering Comatose members and decided she would interject as soon as they were done talking about the upcoming performance. The barkeep's burning gaze followed her silently, thoroughly enraptured by the alluring grace with which she moved. In truth the firm and somewhat stoic man had taken a liking to Mao's fiesty friend, not that he ever admitted to as much or played along with her occasional flirtation. His eyes had found another place to rest long before she had to chance to notice their lingering. As per usual.

Skylan propped his long arms against the bar and shifted his gaze toward the rather normal-looking Thomas. He couldn't help but to laugh at the tired man's immediate and painfully accurate summary of Mao's orders. "Sounds about right." He mused lightly as another kettle of water was set to boil. Crystal seemed about to go off at Pascal's confession, brusquely shaking her shoulders. He was honestly a little nervous for the small-statured woman's safety in light of Crystal's sudden wrath, though Skylan knew better than to believe their resident fashion expert would inflict any real harm. Still, he did his best to inject a little humor before things got out of hand. "I expected you of all people to be excited about this performance, Lady Poe," Skylan winked teasingly in the scholar's direction, though aware of her exhaustion, he offered some sweet bisquit cookies and a refill of her tea in consolation for all the excitement.

Crystal looked at Skylan for a moment, eyeing him up and down before speaking once again "You seem interested about their performance. Huh, I wouldn't mind making another costume for you. Tell me, what colors do you like to wear?" she asked, already taking out a sketch pad and a quill to sketch his ideas. As she thought of an outfit for Skylan, Thomas then joined in.

"Sorry Crystal, I was too busy admiring your designs and excited about the possibility of wearing more to partake in the niceties you so deserve," Thomas said with a charming smile. In truth, he was still shaking off the last remnants of exhaustion and hadn't noticed she'd been talking. The black tea couldn't brew fast enough, it was bred to be especially wakeful.

"Do share your ideas Pascal, I'm all ears," Thomas grinned, leaning his elbows on the bar and resting his chin on his arms. In a fit of inspiration, he decided to focus on his left ear, willing it to stretch out briefly and wiggle in her direction. He withdrew it after a couple seconds. "Mao always loves our comfort more than she loves us showing skin. And naturally, our Crystal has never disappointed when it came to a commission."

"Right you are. I would never dare to let my customers walk around wearing such tacky clothing. That would be the end of me! Ah, I remember when some impostor called herself as Miss Silk and dared to soil my name," she laughed evilly, remembering the past events and how she punished such scoundrel. Let's just say that the interaction between her and the impostor didn't end well.

Thomas chuckled in light of the woman's confidence and briefly looked at Skylan's other customer, the selkie Darkmoon assassin who hung around Comatose often. They had exchanged pleasantries on a couple occasions, but were still simply acquaintances. He resolved to change that. "Ah, Kailani, from what I know of your wardrobe, you can be an easy stand-in for Mao in this discussion. Care to weigh in?"

Kailani looked behind her and around her and then looked at Thomas, "Oh, I'm sorry, were you talking to me? I thought I was invisible or something." Kailani winked and stuck her tongue out to take the sting from her words. Kailani stepped closer to the group to fully interject herself into the current conversation. She casually flipped her hair over her shoulder and placed a hand on her hip, exposing more of her skin to make a point. "I think I might be able to talk for Mao. I mean she does have a certain air about her that no one can quite duplicate but I can sure as hell try. So, as my first official declaration as the voice of Mao, I vote little to no clothing. Semi-naked performances really get the crowd going." Kailani's giggle rang like a bell through the tavern, drawing the attention of some.

Those who weren't drawn in by the selkie's alluring laugh turned heads swiftly as the kitchen door slammed rather violently open, and the blue-haired mascot of Comatose emerged from his hiding place. A platter of pancakes teetered in one of his hands - the other pumped confidently in the air, a pinnacle for his overeager excitement.

"NUDITY! I SECOND THAT MOTION!" Rian chimed through a childish grin, marching with the gusto of an entire army. He slammed the platter of pancakes down on Sky's bar and slung an arm around his friend's shoulders with virtually no concern for personal space - as usual - and flashed a charming smile to the group of familiar faces. "Who's hungry?"

"I submit that we do NOT do that, and furthermore that we take advantage of Crystal's fabrics and seamstress skills as much as possible," Thomas hurriedly said, already regretting his decision to befriend the half-naked woman. Her breasts were attracting quite a lot of attention, the opposite kind than he usually got. He could understand though, she was certainly... aesthetically pleasing. Maybe she could take Pascal's place in the performance?

Thomas shook his head at himself. Ugh, stupid sexy selkie. He drew a small knife from his belt and stabbed a couple pancakes. He rolled one up into a vaguely conical shape and poured some of the syrup Skylan put on the bar into the improvised container. He listened to the others comment on Kailani's "suggestion" while enjoying Rian's take on the national dish of Kanaydia. He was confident that cooler heads would prevail, after all, a blatant strip show certainly wouldn't be-

"I HEARD NUDITY, WHO AM I PAYING FOR IT?!" came a booming voice from the front of Comatose.

"Oh come on," muttered Thomas under his breath. Louder, he continued, "Of course you'd decide to hear that part of the conversation Adrian."

The trader swaggered through the bar, winking at his cousin as he did so. He was fresh from the ship, still wearing his deck clothes with a pair of boots and carrying a small wooden crate. "Naturally Halfmast, you know there are only two reasons I come to Kalt: money and the wonderfully relaxed public indecency laws."

"I would have assumed my antagonism would be a third," Thomas retorted with a smile. Truth be told, he was glad Adrian was here. He had always got along well with his cousin before the incident that ended his old life, and he basically owed his new one to him. "What's in the box?"

"I'm overjoyed you asked that," grinned Adrian before slamming the box on the counter next to the pancakes. "And I'll tell you all once this box becomes more interesting than this beauty over here," he finished with a wink at the still-topless Kailani.

"Which for you translates to never I'm guessing."

"Got it in one Halfmast," and with that he pushed the black and multicolored dreadlocks out of his face and leaned against the counter. "Now, do you have a name, or are you one of those unnamed Goddesses searching the land for worshipers? I am interested in either.

Kailani snickered at the newcomers comments. She felt quite flattered by his sudden advances, she would play along but only for a bit. She didn't want to bed with Thomas' cousin because things could get complicated, but she had always enjoyed the game. Kailani jumped up onto the bar beside the mysterious box and got on eye level with Adrian. "My name is Kailani but everyone just calls me Lani. You're Adrian? You are quite delectable." Kailani leaned forward and caught a whiff of the sea on the trader's skin. Kailani sighed at the beautiful scent of salt mixed with an underlying tone of fish. It reminded her of home and she smiled brilliantly. "You smell of the sea, sailor. It is quite an intoxicating aroma." Kailani leaned forward and sniffed audibly at Adrian's neck. She slightly moaned and then trailed her finger down his chest before meeting his gaze through her lashes. She leaned in to whisper in his ear and she heard his breath catch slightly as her breast pushed against his chest. "Unfortunately, I'm not into pirates. They kill my fish and I have been in more than one...encounter with them." Kailani whispered and then leaned back flashing her scarred foot. "But I appreciate the attention." She winked at him to release the tension.

"I assure you madam, I'm not a pirate. Only an honest trader with a passion and respect for the seas. And the only fish I eat are the ones that come to me. Willingly, of course," chuckled Adrian, backing off but leaving the invitation should she so choose.

Crystal scowled at Kailani, hating the fact that she's wearing little pieces of cloth that she hasn't designed. Why wouldn't this poor girl ask her about designing clothes appropriate for her? Crystal is certain that she can come up with something much more beautiful and sexy than what Kailani is wearing.

She then returned her focus back to the group and glared at Rian, not liking the idea he proposed and not liking the fact that Adrian seemed to agree with him. Tearing the paper and putting her quill back to her hair, she crossed her arms and huffed, her eyes now filled with rage, "Then I suggest for you lot to call someone else than me! I am not going to waste my time for such a bunch of idiots who can't understand the beauty of clothing! If you're going nude then good day to you gentlemen! Now if you'll excuse me I got a lot of better things to do!" she ranted and huffed, turning her back to them and started walking towards her room.

"Bunch of idiots to think nudity is the best. Hah! such imbecile! such insolence! I had never been so disrespected in my entire life!"

"If you would not mind..." A taut voice called from the far less bustling side of the bar, holding every bit of gruff and thinly controlled frustration Skylan could muster. He was nearly choking the innocent washcloth between his bony fingers to keep what little remained of his painfully forced composure. "Respectfully keep your barbaric assault on my bartop to a minimum, and furthermore silence this wild and irresponsible banter while we are still serving customers, I would greatly... appreciate it." The raging flames that were proposed to be Skylan's eyes shifted a glare between the rowdy group, sliding meticulously from the plate of pancakes, to the box of unknown content, and finally settling on Kailani, whose rump at this current moment brought him zero satisfaction or joy.

Kailani felt a tremor run down her spine at the flaming gaze burning a hole through her. Skylan was not pleased if the dead washcloth in his hands was any indication. The fire in his eyes made her blood boil in the best of ways. Skylan was always a fun person to tease but she loved it when he lost control. She realized that he was fixated on her because she was sitting on his precious bar and decided to try to turn up the heat. She ground her hips into the bar while making direct eye contact with the livid barkeep. She chuckled in a throaty way and leaned backwards towards him. Her back arched in a way that put her breasts on full display and looked up at the raven-haired man. "Relax Sky. Your beautiful bar will be fine. Live a little," Kailani winked and then turned her attention back to Adrian.

Skylan's sudden irritation, while not all that unreasonable he supposed, brought a tensity to the atmosphere Rian despised. He was not one for altercation and took this opportunity to lighten the mood, swiftly depositing himself between Kailani and the smooth sailor. He flashed Adrian a wickedly charming smile as one long arm extended forward in greeting. "Come now, surely you've tasted enough fish in your day to be satisfied. Tell me sailor, have you sated your appetite with a serpent before?"

Kailani's eyes widened at Rian's comment. Did he have the audacity to call her a fish? She turned quickly to her companions and muttered, "Did he just call me a fish?" When she didn't receive a reply she put a foot in Rian's back and nudged to try to get his attention. "I am NOT a fucking fish. I am a seal you jackass," she practically screeched but Rian paid her no mind, continuing to woo the sailor. Thomas was the next one to pipe up and disturb their romantic flirt-fest.

"Don't encourage him Rian ohmygod," muttered Thomas from beneath his hands. It would take hours of subtle encouragement to de-offend Crystal, and none of the others would be up to the task. There needed to be more winters around here, though even that probably wouldn't put a dent into their collective exhibitionist sluttery. Ugh. He hoped that tea was going to brew soon, and that Adrian didn't bring about any other problems so that he could follow Crystal up and convince her to let him take a look at her designs.

Adrian gave a deep chuckle and leaned closer to Rian, forcing him to stumble back into Kailani, and forcing her in turn to scoot further onto Skylan's precious counter top. "Hm, well I've fought with sea serpents a plenty. They're wild beasts, lithe and forceful. They've done their damnedest to plunge into my most valued hidden cargo-holds plenty of times. But for food? Well now..."

Adrian stepped one foot closer, arms reaching past him to lean against the counter. Their faces were close enough for breath to mingle. "The meat is tough. Hard, really. And from my experience, there's nothing you can do to a sea serpent to soften it up, other than to keep working on it all night long.

"Of course," and at this he shifted his hand just so, just enough to rub against the other man's wrist. "If you are referring to some other sort of appetite, then yes. I'm quite the connoisseur on that type of serpent. In fact," and at this he smiled wide, showing off perfect, shark sharp teeth. "I think I'm beginning to feel peckish myself."

Nothing more need be said in the way of encouragement - the blue haired beanstalk of a man leaned eagerly over his new companion, words mingling in a sweet breath against the side of Adrian's cheek. "My oh my, hadn't a clue you were such an epicure of exotic fare. Speaking from experience, I find my most enjoyable dining experiences happen on this luscious bar top. The smooth marble surface retains an achingly cool temperature despite how steamy our meal gets-"

"Enough!" Skylan snapped all in one fluid motion, sharp cheekbones burning from how completely lit his eyes had become. Kailani's earlier attempts to calm him down - or rile him up, more likely - were ejected swiftly from his mind as his hands pressed carefully into her lower back and pushed the girl cleanly off his bar. What he hadn't accounted for, however, was the obnoxious proximity in which the three obnoxious perverts stood. A heavy sigh of frustration followed the squeals and cheers of surprise when Kailiani's barely-cloaked body collided with Rian's tall figure and sent them sprawling on top of Adrian to the floor.

"BEST. WINGMAN. EVER!" Adrian called from the bottom of the dog pile. Kailani scrambled up with a raging huff as Rian lingered in his new-found glory atop the charming sailor, murmuring gods knew what. Skylan could not bring himself to care anymore - he glared through a red haze at the infuriating group, and at the stupid box of whatever on his bar, and the platter of pancakes NO ONE would bother to eat. Plumes of smoke whispered from his aching fingertips, and he was about ready to shove the remaining stains off his sacred bar when Adrian's anxious voice piped up. Apparently the flaming idiots had finally plucked their dwindling dignity off the floor and were leaning, once more, against his bar.

"Woah woah, slow down, fire eyes! Don't get too close. There's all sorts of fun and highly flamable explosives in this treasure chest!"

If there was one thing in this world Skylan wanted to hear, that was... one million percent not it.

After being rudely shoved from the bar, Kailani was feeling a little annoyed with her friend. He was not normally so brusque. But her harsh feelings immediately dissipated when Adrian mentioned the explosives. "Did you say explosives? Like fireworks?!?" Kailani bounded towards the box and pried it open. Inside was a beautiful array of fireworks, labeled with the shape of the explosion. Kailani bounced on her toes in excitement and looked at Adrian, "We NEED to test these out!" She grabbed at the box but noticed the knapsack on her shoulder. She would never be careless enough to test fireworks around her seal skin. She looked at Skylan, he was calming down from his explosion. He wouldn't venture outside with them for this adventure and she felt that she could trust the man. She could trust him with her most prized possession. She looked Skylan in the eyes and held his attention, "I'm leaving this with you. If anything happens to it you're dead. Got it?" He nodded and she smiled sweetly at him. She leaned over the bar and kissed his right cheek. She then quickly snatched up the box and ran out the door with an entourage behind her.

Skylan watched them go, entirely too hot, frustrated and equally stunned by the playful woman's unexpected proclamation of trust. What the hell is happening??? Unbeknownst to him the fire in his eyes had been quelled, and he was left with little more to do than sit behind the bar and stare blankly at the front door. Half expecting the wooden structure of their guildhall to catch flame any moment, yet entirely unable to care at this point...

tldr; Comatose shenanigans, comedy, sexual tension, fireworks, etcetcetc w/e

• Love
Reactions: Sinopa and Wolfsin
Kanari Vale
Guild tavern
Greeting the stranger

@Sammael9216

With great intent Kanari listened to the man as she sipped her tea, not uttering a single sound until he was finished. When his last statement came her eyes widened with surprise which was soon followed by a burst of giggles.
"I see." She finally got out through her fit of laughter. "Forgive me, I am being very rude." The phoenix sat up straight, turning her demeanor more towards serious, though as usual the smile remained. "I'm sure your first will be easy enough, but as for your second I'm afraid I won't be able to grant you this. You'd receive this answer from any of the knights as well as the leaders. In the Darkmoon mercenaries you start out as a pup like the rest of us have." She responded, pushing back the recent memory of the new FireFly starting at the top.

"From a pup most move up to apprentice, then Captain, Brother or Sister, and then the highest rank we can reach if there is an opening; Amaris Knight." The dusk elf placed her elbow on the bar and rested her head on her hand. "If you don't mind starting as a pup we'd be happy to have you in our guild and aid you in your goals, Samuel. What do you say?"

Iseri Asakura
Kalt
Meandering around

*Open for interactions!!!*

When Iseri arrived with the others the battle seemed to begin immediately. She had jumped to a nearby empty roof to avoid getting caught up in it all as she watched everything unfold. Many times she was tempted to jump in, but everything was just so intense. Not only that, but everyone seemed so powerful. Yeah Iseri was pretty handy in combat, but she was still mainly just an entertainer, one who talked big. She knew she wouldn't be able to handle any of the Blade Lords, not now at least. So instead she just took note of the battle, to later tell the tales of this event.

Afterwards she was sure to write it all down for later before she went to the Comatose tavern to indulge in temptation of many different forms. That morning the entertainer found herself in an undesirable location, with the intensity of her indecency going through the roof. Did she regret it though? Not at all.
She looked at the masses unconscious on the floor, as she stepped around them, not bothering to cover up.
"This was fun, let's all do it again sometime." She said as she grabbed her large bag, which she carried everywhere, even whilst intoxicated, and left to the hallway of the shoddy inn located far from where she actually lived. Before leave she was sure to wash up and change.

When the woman left the inn the only thing on her torso were bandages wrapped around to cover only her breasts. Around her hips was a large belt buckle with a strange symbol of a creature engraved in it. Attached to the belt was a single red and gold tasset hanging from the left side, on the right was pieces hanging fabric intended to be some sort of skirt, though it barely left anything to the imagination. Her right hand was covered by a fingerless black glove, while her left was covered by a red and gold vambrace.

Iseri walked towards the front of the city, with no particular agenda in mind. At first she was tempted to put on a performance, but the woman decided against it as she would have to go through so much hassles that she didn't really feel like going through at the moment. So instead she strolled through the city with hopes of finding something worth her time.

red Please interact if you can, if you want you can bump into my characters or any of the other characters. Iseri is free for anyone! If your characters are stuck, please message me so I can fix that.

• Thank You
Samuel had predicted her response well before hand. After all who was he to receive special treatment? He was a nobody, well no one important really. He didn't have a mountain of gold to flaunt or even charm to weasel his way to the top. Instead he was a highly skilled mage, and man hard pressed for time. Starting as a pup was simply not an option. He looked over the dusk elf and mired her tinder physic. Her laugh was something else however, he gathered she was genuinely amused rather than simply being rude. It was odd, Samuel felt no sense of authority coming from her. Just who is this girl? He wondered, from the looks of it she she appears to be little more than a child. Such a delicate physic, surely this brat does not posses the strength of an Amaris Knight? Samuel shook the thought from his mind. He of all people knew that people were not always as they appeared.

He took a moment to return the coin to his pocket before returning his attention to the dusk elf. "Tell me, did you earn you're name honestly?" It was almost funny, Samuel had to go through the same hoops during his time at the College. The subtle scratch at the back his mind was far more fierce now. Noland had been whispering in his ear since the time the Dusk elf first appeared. He spoke of vile things, things he would do to the girl if he ever managed to break free. Samuel spoke out of turn before the girl could answer his first question, "What I mean is, if I kill you would you be able to return to the living?" Samuel looked at the girl with a devious grin, one that was not his own. "My dear, I'm afraid that is simply not an option. I have no intentions of working my way up through the ranks." Samuel reached down and grabbed at the handle of her stool and effortlessly scooted her closer to him as if she weighed no more than a feather. "Now I will forgive your petty insult of insinuating I'm like every other pauper who comes walking into the guild in search of work. This conversation is quickly becoming droll and tiresome. Just pick someone for me to fight and lets get this farce over and done with."

• Love
The Sage of the Darkmoon

Gabriel, Kanari, Samuel
The Darkmoon Tavern
Eating and listening to the conversations

Upon first guise of anyone new to the city of Kalt, the heavily cloaked man looked like nothing more than maybe a traveler, but to those that were regulars the man's name was quite known. Gabriel, the sage of darkmoon, who always sat at the exact halfway point of the bar. Nobody but Gabriel knew the reasons for this, and that was fine for none poked in the business of the older mage. Gabriel had been following the many conversations that flowed through to him, from the man talking about his mission to the one upstairs carrying on with his 'regular' nightly visits but only one had peaked the interest of the mage. The one at the bar between the one known as Samuel and the Phoenix of Kalt, Kanari. He listened on for moments as the two of them exchanged pleasantries introducing one another and then it was down to business.

Samuel seemed very adament on wanting to get into Darkmoon at the top ranks, well then he was going to have a rude awakening coming to him they just didn't let anybody join the ranks of Amaris Knights. Though it seemed the conversation took a drastic turn at that point and the man seemed to yank Kanari's bar stool closer to him. Gabriel took a deep breath and rose from the table leaving behind money for the kind waitress. He made his way to the bar where Samuel and Kanari both sat, his steps were light to the point that no sound was made and when he finally made it to the two of them his voice only echoed lightly enough so that they were the only ones to hear him.

"Good evening Kanari, I see that there is a new face here in Kalt." He turned his attention to Samuel at that point, extending his sapphire gloved hand forward. "Evening, I am Gabriel, The Sage of Darkmoon and a very powerful creation mage." He gave the man a moment to speak before continuing on with what he was saying. "I couldn't help but hear your conversation and I was just wondering a small simple question. What do you think classifies you as one of the Amaris Knights? Aside from the fact they are the strongest members of the guild, most of them have very strong reputations outside of the guild and in the world. So besides that what can you do that puts you above the rest in our guild?"

~End Gabriels post~

The Teacher

Zeramere and His Familiar
His room
Talking

"Come on there has to be a way to do it without the help of a higher power?"

"Let me make sure I have this right Zera..you want to take a craft arcane magic into a divine agent to heal people, but...and heres the catch you want to do it without the help of a deity."

He nodded lightly, the way she had explained it made it sound even less possible but he knew there had to be a way to craft arcane magic and use it to the same effect as arcane magic there just had to be.

"Its impossible Zera, the first rule to arcane magic is while it can create something out of nothing, there is always a price to pay. Take you for instance, if you create a bolt of lightning from nowhere what is your price to pay? Mana that you have to draw on from the world around you. The price that you pay for healing magic is the magic of the diety that has granted you that divine power. The most you could probably end up doing with the price of arcane magic is transferring a wound...but that would only be through an art
of dark magics."

"I will do it..I will make it work, because we are nothing more than pawns to the gods they use us to keep themselves happy. I will find a way to do it through arcane magic and then we wont need them anymore."

~End Zeramere's post~

The Arrangement of The Skald'e ~Part 1~

Klugh, The Guildmaster, Iseri
The City of Kalt
Chance Encounter

The large giant and Klugh had spent all night up drinking, neither one wanting to give up the contest that had been placed between the two of them. In the end it was the giant who came out victorious his hearty constitution beating out that of the half-orc. Through this however is what ended Klugh into being the only one to accompany him on his way to that of the guild of Darkmoon. The giant had wanted to drink with their leaders and even indulge in maybe some sort of alliance, after all they were a strong bunch of warriors. The newest rumors to pass around the city were that of their loss to those despicable blades, and yet the leader still felt it was worthy of them to become brothers in drink with Skald'e.

Klugh only breathed a light sigh as the two of them stepped out into the evening streets, many of the vendors had begun to put up there stuff making way for the much darker of things to step forth. They only stopped to glance at the surrounding city for a mere moment before beginning on their way towards the destination that had been laid out before them. Klugh was watching ahead of them while the giant just walked glancing over the entirety of the city drawing in its magnificent sights. It took only mere moments before like an obstacle in everybodies way they came face to face with a practically naked woman.

It was an encounter neither of them needed, but unfortunately the guild leader of Skald'e was well-mannered. He looked down at the girl and spoke, his tone loud and booming. "Leaving the city of Kalt already? By yourself and dressed like that? Even if it wasn't night, I would still rather you take Klugh here with you. If nothing but for the sake of him dealing with any ruffians that try to overwhelm you." Klugh tried to object but only to be interrupted by the giants voice once again. "I insist you go Klugh..whether you like it or not and make sure she makes it to wherever she is headed unharmed."

~End of Klugh's post.....I needed to get him involved somehow figured I would use your character if you dont mind Sin~

Samuel's attention quickly changed from the girl sitting beside him, to the mage that had injected himself into the conversation. Samuel had guessed this stranger was a mage well before he stated his profession. All mages carry an air about them, a subtle sense of superiority that lingers in their mannerisms. The man introduced himself and allowed Samuel to do the same. Not wanting to be rude Samuel clasped his hand around Gabriel's wrist and shook it lightly, "You may address me as Samuel," he replied feeling a tinge of annoyance behind his voice. Samuel listened to what the man had to say, and of course his concerns were valid.

Then it dawned on him, Samuel knew this man that stood before him. Samuel allowed a slight smirk to etch across his face as he waited for the man to finish is interrogation. "Gabriel, I understand you're concerns friend. The Amaris Knights are a league of their own, and not just anyone should be allowed to enter their coveted ranks. I assure you however, I do not intend to be apart of this guild and not contribute to its advancement. In order to utilize my abilities to their fullest, I need to be an Amaris Knight., it is a simple as that," Samuel calmly stated as he began his retort to Gabriel's question. "I believe I have the required credentials needed to earn such a high ranking position. Before coming to this city I studied under the Arch Mage Oridor, and out of dozens of equally talented mages, I alone was chosen to become his successor to the College of Magi in the east."

Samuel paused a moment to tap his scuffed leather boots against the stool he was sitting on. Dried mud fell in clumps on the wooden floor below him. When he was through Samuel returned his gaze back to Gabriel, peering under his hood to peek at his unique eyes. "Now that I recall, my Master once spoke of you many years ago when I was just a disciple." Samuel began to rub his jaw feeling the stubble that was growing around his face. "I know you brother... and the taboo that you committed. You and I are two sides of the same coin, forever cursed for seeking that which should never be sought. Although our goals, our reasoning, and even our curse differ, the truth that which we saw are one and the same. I reached into the abyss and searched for the forbidden knowledge. The price I paid for the knowledge I gained was utter madness. Madness that spreads from one to another."

Samuel allowed the man to reply before continuing where he left off. "If you seek to test me, then by all means do so. But the truth of the matter stands. The guild is in low moral, the Amaris knights have empty slots that need filled, and last I looked I was the only new recruit seeking to join the guild. The Darkmoon Guild simply cant afford to be picky, now that a war has been declared. The best thing the guild can do now, is take what you can get and be content." Samuel ended his last statement bitterly. He did not like to be subjected to a string of questions regarding his talents and abilities.

• Love
Kanari listened to his words carefully, making sure she didn't miss anything. The question caught her by surprise, to think that she of all people would cheat her way to the top, but when the man's mischievous smile appeared, her own twisted to match his.
"Of course I earned my name honestly. As for returning to the living I actually don't know, killing me has always been an unreachable feat." Her voice was sweet but there was a hint of venom within it.

After a long pause the girl lean forward, propping her elbows on her crossed legs and rested her chin on her fists.
"You and I are very alike." She said reminiscing her own demons, like most she had her own secrets. Another moment of silence passed before she spoke again, the poison still laced her sweet tone. "You think you're the only powerful person to want to join Darkmoon? The truth is; you're exactly like those paupers."
When she heard the familiar voice of Gabriel she leaned back and gave the cloaked man a smile.

"Good evening, your eyes are fully functional, good to know." She giggled. As her fellow knight and the traveler spoke she stared at Sam with concern, watching for changes. She had planned to interject but she was curious as to how this little conversation would play out. So she remained quiet for the mean time, planning on stepping in if things got out of hand.

*Sorry I'm late XD*

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.