Non-Superheroes

Zick slammed Nikolai's back with the baseball bat, immobilizing him to the ground entirely and jumped on him, prying the knife out of his hand and pushing him down with full force. "What! The hell! Do you! Think! You're doing!" he shouted to Leo, while not even realizing he was Leo. "Call! The goddamn! Cops!" he grunted while struggling to keep Nikolai immobile with the occasional punch with his right fist.

Taya quickly kicked the knife away from Nikolai and moved to Help Zick keep Nikolai immobilized. "My phone's shot, I can't call!" She said. She knew that Steph didn't have a phone, because she'd borrowed Leo's to call her mom, so she hoped the man in the goofy looking costume had one. "Hurry up and call them!"

Leo fumbled for his phone but was unable to find it. He left it at home. "I... no. Step away from the dangerous man, civilian." Leo said slowly, in a slightly deeper voice than his normal one.

-------------------

Nikolai kicked the other kid in the balls and a fist crunching against the girl's jaw before standing up. He looked at all four of them. "You're gonna die. All of you. I'm gonna eat you. But not now." he glared at them.

Leo quickly swung the baseball bat into the insane man's stomach as soon as the man grabbed his knife.

Nikolai coughed but in a last attempt before running, he jabbed the knife into the boy in the goofy looking costumes chest. He took off, surprisingly fast before disappearing out of sight.

Taya was knocked back when the man punched her and she slowly pushed herself to her feet. "What is your deal, Man! You-" She stopped when she realized that he'd been stabbed and covered her mouth. "Oh my god!" She hurried towards him. "Zick! Go get Leo! Have him call an ambulance!" Her hands fluttered helplessly. She didn't know what to do to help him. "Y-you're gonna be fine." She said. "I"m sure it's not that bad."

Leo spurted blood on the ground but stumbled a little before falling onto the ground. "Uh..." Leo mumbled as he heard his own name. "No.. st-stop." he grabbed at Zick's leg.

Zick shuffled his leg off of Leo's hand and said: "What's your problem? I'm gonna call for help", he said and grabbed his phone, calling 911. "Hello, this is Zick Donnell, a young man has been stabbed to the chest..." he said, describing where they were and everything that had happened.

Leo slowly got up, holding Taya. Then he suddenly broke into a run, going as fast as he possibly could. He ran for his house which was only a few blocks away.

Taya was more than a little surprised when he stood, but she automatically helped him. "I"m not sure you should be-" She gasped when he took off and practically fell over. "H-hey! You're going to hurt yourself!" She started to follow, then looked back at Zick. "Come on!"

Leo cursed when he saw them running after him. "Leave me alone!" he grunted, blood coming out with his words. He couldn't let them find out it was him. Leo took a corner, clambering over a fence and ran through a shortcut that Zick and him would always used to take back to their house lane. Trees loomed over him in the dark and fell to the ground and scrambled to hide behind a huge trunk. He held his breath, hoping they'd go away.

Without Leo knowing, Zick had returned to his house and as he saw that Leo wasn't in, he thought: Ah well, he'll come back eventually, right? I got me some Sprite, I can wait. Zick was completely oblivious of the fact that Leo had dismissed him, Taya and Steph for today. Sometimes his brain has a similar connection timeout as his internet. "Oh goody, Duck Dynasty! I love this show!" Zick shouted surprised and threw himself on Leo's couch.

Taya quickly lost Leo, and when she turned Zick was gone too. She threw her hands up as she started to walk. It took a minute, but soon she realized she didn't know where she was. She hadn't lived in this town for very long, and she'd never been to this part of town. Automatically she reached for her phone before she remembered that it was smashed into pieces. She sighed and chose a direction at random to start walking. She had to get somewhere eventually.

Leo let out a rather loud cough as Taya passed him, accompanied with a splutter of blood.
His hand clutched the wound on his stomach and he groaned. He got up from his position and started to walk until he saw Taya. Leo froze

Taya spun with wide eyes when she heard someone cough. "Is that you?" She asked as she looked around. She spotted him and sighed. "Are you stupid or something? Come on, you're gonna bleed out." She siezed his arm and started tugging him down the street. "Come on, Leo and Zick will know what to do."

Zick stopped watching Duck Dynasty for a while to go get another six-pack of Sprites. As he went to Leo's kitchen, he looked out of the window and saw three people in the distance. They were Taya and Steph, but with them was also the masked guy. "Hunh. I wonder who that guy is. Ah well, guess we'll find out once they get here", he said as he got back to the living room with the Sprites and threw himself on the couch.

"No. I..no!" Leo said, stumbling across his words. He yanked his arn free and ran down the street. He reached his house and with effort climbed into the open window in his bedroom. He stripped down to his boxers and took a long look at oozing blood dripping from the long scar across his stomach. He threw on some sweatpants, shirt and a zipped up hoodie, to hide the blood stain on the shirt. Stumbling down the stairs, Leo noticed Zick before cursing under his breath.