Non-Superheroes

Taya was concentrating on the game, biting her lip as she tried to figure out the controls. She'd never really played video games much, so was was killed pretty quickly. She laughed and mock pouted. "Be nice to the new girl." She said with a giggle. "I don't know how to lay this game.

Leo moved the joystick in a 360 degree turn so it would round house kick Deadpool.

(As much as this is cool, I think we should make this tournament quick)

Leo was interupted by a knock at the door. Leaving the game, he answered the door as a package was shoved into his hands. He peeked in and let out a slight but loud gasp. "I think you guys should leave." Leo exclaimed rather sudden and fast.

"What the! When did you get better at this again, Da Vinc--no, no, NO!" ZIck shouted in sheer surprise and horror, as his Deadpool dropped dead on the ground, health fully depleted. "Anything but my Deadpool... now it's closed due to broken bones", Zick finished, put down his controller and chugged on a Sprite. "The hell, man? You been practicing with someone?"

Taya was more than a little confused at Leo's sudden instance that they should leave, and stood. "Alright." She agreed quietly. She wondered if she'd done something to anger him, or if it was about the box in his hands.

"Eeh, what now, man?" Zick asked a little annoyed, but then ushered Taya and Steph with him outside. "Let Da Vinci play with his package while we wait. Maybe he'll call us back after a while...?" He said, a little unsure. Maybe he shouldn't have drunk all that Sprite from Leo's fridge...

"N-no." Leo answered, taking a quick peek inside again. "Just go home. We'll finish, tommorrow." Leo said, shutting the door and walking into his room. He ripped open the package and held out the suit and mask in front of him. It sounded so weird to the tailor's about an hour's drive away but it'd been finished after a few weeks. It was green outlined and the suit itself was black. The mask had two eye holes as well as a mouth hole cut out. The gloves were neon green. He changed into his full suit and then slipped on some black mountain boots he had bought himself. Grabbing a baseball bat, he looked in the mirror at himself. He chuckled a little at himself for being childish but mostly for being completely out of his mind. He had ripped open the top of a backpack as a make do sheathe and slipped his baseball bat inside. Equpping the backpack, he ran out of his room, opened the door and dashed down the street.

"Huh. Fine then, let's go somewhere, guys", Zick gave up on Leo and started moving towards downtown. "Is anyone with me? let's catch a movie or have ice cream somewhere. How 'bout that?" he asked the two girls, Taya and Steph. "Let Da Vinci bore himself away with his oh-so important package", he added, chuckling a little.

Taya nodded. "Sure, that sounds good to me." She agreed. She was very curious, but she knew that usually her curiosity just got her into trouble. She tugged her bag up onto her shoulder.

Stephanie shrugged she didn't have anything else better to do other then go on her computer " Sure sounds fun " she mumbled she wasn't that much of a loud talker around new people. She began to think what was in the package but shakes it off cause it was none of he business

Taya started to follow, then stopped. "Oh! I'm sorry, I forgot I have mui tai practice today!" She grabbed for her phone as she started away, then after reading a text came back with a sheepish smile. "Nevermind, it was canceled." She tucked her phone back into her bag with a laugh. "I'm so forgetful sometimes."

Leo came to a sudden halt. What was he actually going to do? He didn't wanna go after his friends as... he just didn't feel it was right. And he doubted that there was any form of 'crime' going to happen for about 2 hours as it was almost dark. Perhaps he'll just spy on his friends. As long as he didn't get seen, he'd be fine and it'd maybe help being stealthy for the future. Leo continued to run down the pathway. Zick was probably in charge and if so, he'd most likely be on his way to the main part of the town. He managed to spot them from afar and quickly crossed the road to the other pathway, hiding behind various dustbins and boxes as he watched them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nikolai dashed through the streets, wide-eyed and grinning with insanity. He ran as fast as his legs would carry him from the town and came to a long row of houses. It was almost completely empty with people but he liked to call them toys. He was in his 30s, with crazy hair and ripped clothes. He approached a trio of teens in his blood-stained clothes, a knife coated with rust in his dirty hand.

Stephanie sighed seeing the man she steeped behind Zick holding on to his arm . She looked the man before them up and down obviously he just killed someone just by the way he had blood on himself. Now what he's gonna kill them ? she was disgusted by him a weak person who killed people for satisfaction.

Taya bit her lip as she looked from her new friends to the bloody man in front of them. "Get out of here!" She said shakily. She'd been studying mui tai, sure, but she'd never actually tried to defend herself with it before. She wasn't sure how well it would work. If he made a move towards them, she'd at least try. She reached slowly into her bag for her phone.

"I have a baseball bat. If you want this to become a street brawl, then a street brawl you'll get", said Zick with a menacing tone. He grabbed his bat from inside of his jacket and was ready to beat that man down if necessary. "Girls, get the hell outta here! Call the cops or something!" he shouted at Taya and Steph.

Taya shook her head. "I can stay and help you." She replied. She tugged her phone out of her bag and started to dial. "Besides, I have to know where the fight is going on to tell the police."

Nikolai giggled, eyes filled with madness. He licked the blade of the butcher knife. He came closer as he said "Gonna eat you. Gonna eat you all up." He grabbed the girl with the phone, snatched it and threw it to the ground with force causing it to shatter to pieces. He still had hold of her as he brought the knife to her neck.

Taya growled and reacted automatically. She twisted his arm at the wrist and hooked on her her feet around his ankle. She jerked his foot out from under him and shoved her elbow into his stomach while still twisting his wrist with the other hand. She wrenched herself out of his hands and brought her hands up like she did in practice. Her teacher's instructions were running through her mind as she tried to remember what he said. feet apart, hands up. Her heart was racing.

Nikolai fell to the ground, the air rushing out of him. He pulled himself up and grabbed the girl's wrist, digging his long, dirty fingernails into her skin.

------------------------------------

Leo ran out from his hiding spot and dashed towards Taya and the man fighting. "Hey! Leave her alone!" Leo shouted, still in his costume.

When the man jumped forward to grab her wrist again she stepped towards him and swung her knee up into his stomach. While he was doubled over from that she punched him in the face in an effort to make him release her. She looked back at the man in the strange costume for a second before turning back to the fight at hand.

Nikolai stumbled back but regained his balance. "Fine then. Play the hard way." Nikolai growled, snatching his knife out of his pocket and charging towards her stomach... and suddenly Leo was there, swinging a kick into the man's forehead causing him to stumble back yet again.

"Look man, just go and you won't get hurt." Leo muttered, his voice shaking slightly as he readied his baseball bat in his hand. It had been the one Zick had given him around when they were 10. It had Zick's initials imprinted on the back.