Non-Superheroes

Taya blinked a bit as he started to list things in rapid fire sucession. "That seems really...unrealistic." She said honestly. "I mean, flying? Climbing on walls?"

"I know, right? But that's what I dreamed of, to be a great superhero to save the city. Now I am about to become a hairdresser. Go figure. It's not like Da Vinci here hasn't had the same daydreams as a kid", Zick said. "So you gonna choose or am I gonna choose you, Taya-chu?"

"Well then, why didn't you try?" Leo asked, selecting Spiderman as his character.

Taya hesitated, then selected a character at random. "I can see why it holds an appeal, but I don't see the point in wanting something that is impossible to have."

Stephanie a freshman in college a rare super smart 17 year old studding to be the people who make and create Hesiod games it was ironic she could be anything but she wanted to be that she was lucky enough she got the shalorship cause her patents refused to pay for her career choice. She had just finished her last class for today and made her way home after getting a cup of coffee . As she walked home she noticed she left her phone at home he was about to call her mom to get her when she notice she didn't have it she stooped at a house a knock hopefully they will be nice enough to let her use their phone images.jpeg

"But it's not about having powers. Zick and I dreamed of fighting crime, helping people and protecting the city." Leo explained when he was interrupted by a knovk on the door. He set down the controller on the couch and walked over to the door. "Yes?" Leo asked as he opened the door.

" May I use your phone to call my mom ?" She asked politely as she stood their looking at the boy she pushed her hair back as she looked away not wanting to make eye contact for long

"Yeah, sure. I guess." he mumbled, handing his phone slightly reluctantly to the pink haired girl.

" Thank you .." she whispered taking the the phone gently dialing her moms number after a few seconds her mom picked up " Mom can you come get me on roseavelt street " her mom told her she'll be their in 30 minutes she sighed. Stephanie hung up and handed the phone back " Thank you. " she said going to the curb waiting until she came

"Hey. It's cold out there and it's almost dark. Come on in." he smiled.

She looked at him and smiled " Okay thanks. " she said walking back to the door slipping inside the house

He followed her in and sat on the couch before immediately getting up again. "Uh... do you want anything to drink or something? " he asked.

" No I'm fine " she said looking at the TV screen " Omg cool " she said sitting down " Can I play next? "

Taya shifted a bit when another person came in. She was starting to get a little uncomfortable with the crowd. "Maybe I should just go." She said tentatively.

"No, don't go. Please." Leo said, as he handed his controller to Stephanie. "What's your name? I'm Leonardo but please call me Leo." Leo said, now facing Stephanie.

She nodded and sat back down on the couch. She was still thinking about what Zick had said about being a super hero and fighting crime. It was a rather intriguing thought, to be sure.

" Stephanie but you can call me Steph " she said taking the controller smiling

"Hey, a new guy in the crowd! I left for a while to go get my sprites, but hey there anyways. I'm Zick and... you must be that girl who wants to do games at Hesiod? I've seen you plenty times at the hood. Your name was... Stephanie, right? I never forget a face. Coolio's. Now that there's four of us, we can have a proper tournament. You chose a character yet? I'd personally recommend Ryu if you're not sure about what to pick. His overall stats are really good!" Zick went on with his ranting yet again.

" Seen you - " she tried to keep up with his ranting she found his talking fast kinda cute. " Well I think Ill just chose ...random " she pressed the random button.

"Alright, let the tournament begin! Anyone care for a Sprite? We can drink between our matches. Don't worry, Da Vinci has nearly two fridges full of the stuff. It's delicious!" Zick offered while beating up Wolverine with his Deadpool. So typical of him to know his friend's fridge better than his own, which he should undoubtedly clean at least once a week with all the uneaten stuff left there to rot and smell after a while. He was bad at taking care of himself and wanted to take care of other people and their lives even more. He's one truly selfless person, although on the outside he looks like a gang member.