No Way

Brooke snapped her head the where Miles was gesturing. Her eyes went wide before her cheeks turned red with anger. She would have yelled at the person dragging this poor girl if it wasn't the Boss. She shut her mouth, although she disapproved of the action, and stepped to the young girl quickly. "Are you okay?" She asked, concerned. How could the boss treat someone like this? He was being brutal and heartless like the government. She began to wonder who she was really following. When she made sure the girl wasn't bleeding she stood up and looked at Miles again.
"Of course I'm aiming for the men who choose how we are labelled, and the men who allow us to be labelled. But I don't think we should just take them out. One, more would just replace them. Two, we'd be dead meat."

(it's Quinn who is pulling her up)

"no" Quinn said and glared at Miles. "it's because she heard everything we just said and you know might goes running to her little Pure friends" Quin said in his threatening voice. "But right, that doesn't matter does it? You can over throw the government alone. You don't actually need us at all" Quinn's words were dripping with sarcasm and he was actually pretty angry right now

(Oh! I could've sworn it said boss did it)

Brooke rolled her eyes when Quinn spoke. She spun to look at him. "You could've grabbed her by the arm or something. You didn't have to try to rip her scalp off." She knew she was a loud-mouth but it was in her nature to give her opinion. "But you're right, she's a threat to us now." She nodded at Quinn. He was a neanderthal at times but he knew how to keep their organization a secret better than anyone else. Her eyes lingered on his face for a moment. His eyes had always interested her. She wished she had gotten something as beautiful as that from being in contact with the war. But she was just average. An average unpure that no one cared about.
"What do you say boss?" She asked finally, referring to the issue with the girl.

(fixed it :p you're right it wasn't really clear)

Quinn saw her looking at him and he quickly looked away. He knew what she thought about his eyes, but he couldn't disagree more. He was different, even under the Unpure. His mother told him that when he had first opened his eyes the doctor told her that he didn't have a future. Some Unpure could get small jobs, like garbage man or busdriver. He couldn't.

Boss turned to Brooke and looked at the girl. He sighed "I guess we have our new recruit here" he nodded towards her. "I'm afraid we can't let her go home. I don't like ripping a girl away from her family and friends either, but we won't know if she will tell them or not" Boss now looked directly at her "I'm sorry, but I don't trust Pures anymore."

Quinn's eyes found those of the kid against the wall and he walked over, crouching down. "listen to me" he said softly. "I can leave you here so that you get beat up again only this time you'll die. Or, I take you with me and join the rebellion" Quinn knew this wasn't really a fair choice, but the world wasn't fair.

(adding my new character now, i'll try to find a way to squeeze her in)

Bella ran as fast as her feet would carry her, a huge grin stretching her face. Her hood fell off with the force of the wind and her blonde hair waved behind her like a victory flag. She held the wallet tight in her fingers, excitement building in her chest at how much money she might find in it. The Pure that she had stolen it from had stopped chasing long ago. They grew fat and lazy within their lives of luxury. Her shoes slammed the pavement as she slowed and turned into a nearby alley.
The small girl, maybe age sixteen at the most, was just about drooling over the wallet as she leaned against the wall and slowly opened it. She was standing in the spot where Blake had been beaten, his blood now dried to the concrete, but she didn't notice, big brown eyes focused on the money. She pulled out a handful of bills and almost whooped with joy, but at the risk of being robbed of her new found treasure, held it back.
There was about thirty dollars in the thing and although it didn't seem like much, to an Unpure it was gold. She didn't have a job or a family. She had been living on the streets and hungry for the last month. Now she could finally eat. She walked with a new glow out of the other end of the alley, which led to an old bridge area. She lifted her hood back up, gazing at a shifty group of people underneath the bridge, before shoving her hands in her pockets and heading for the store.

"Brooke's right, for once," Miles said, exaggerating the length of the words 'for once' in a half-joking manner, but subtly enough so that he could maintain the serious atmosphere. "I still say that I can take on the government alone - I wouldn't need help. But to what avail?"

He then turned to the boss as he overheard his decision to take on board the pure girl. His eyes narrowed with anger in the boss' direction, and he clenched his fists. "Pure or unpure, people are people. Its not them who you should be despising, its the ones who gave them those labels. All pure people are, are people who had a better upbringing than us. It doesn't mean they can't be trusted. Do you realise that people aren't as one-dimensional to believe in something just because others who have similar upbringings to them believe that too?"

Miles stepped between the boss and the pure girl, "I say we let the girl decide what she wants to do. We can't dictate people's lives and futures, boss, otherwise we'll be no better than the government."

Brooke crossed her arms and glared at Miles, before listening to his long, ranting speech. "It's not even a choice for her. Of course she's going to go back to her family, why would she possibly want to stick around here, with men who drag her around by her hair?" She cut her eyes at Quinn. "So we force her to stay or we let her go, is what you're saying." The pure girl had been silent the whole time, probably from fear. Brooke hoped she'd stay. It'd be nice to have a break from all the testosterone around here.

Bella bought what was, to her, a feast. She chowed down against a wall, closing her eyes and moaning at the taste of donuts, before biting greedily into an apple. She let the juice run over her tongue before sucking on the core. When she was full- which was a glorious feeling -she packed the rest of her food into her backpack and swung it onto her shoulders, before heading back the way she came. As she neared the bridge she eyed the group of people again. There was a young girl on the ground, cowering, surrounded by three men and a woman who were looking down on her, discussing something. The scene was fairly uncomfortable and Bella couldn't ignore it. She slowly wandered up to the group, pulling her hood over her hair.
She had always been too curious. Her mother said it would get her killed one day. Little did she know, she could be right. She wasn't aware of it yet, but listening in on the rebels was a dangerous deed.

Boss didn't like Miles way of talking at all. "She was over hearing us Miles" he said calm but stern. "she wasn't just sitting there by accident" he let that hang in the air. He stayed silent for a minute. "they are keen to catch and kill the rebellion. You know that. You've seen it so yourself. They killed Mark, Hank, Danielle, Clarise, Fir. We can't risk anything anymore. Not even a simple girl. Do you understand that Miles. And, you know, you might be able to kill ten politicians, but you can't fix this country on your own."

Bella was hiding behind a bush, next to the bridge, well hidden from the group. She couldn't see who was talking but she could hear them. She heard him talking about a girl listening to them and her heart sped up. That could so easily have been her. What are they going to do to her? She thought, but didn't really want to stick around to find out. The second she heard the word 'kill' she leaped over the bush and ran. A quick glance over her shoulder caused her to lock eyes with one of the group members and her own widened. She gasped and broke into a sprint, holding onto her backpack straps. Shit, shit, shit.

Blake stared into Quinn's mismatched eyes. He let out a yelp of pain as he was yanked non too kindly upwards. His eyes brimmed with tears brought on from his unhealed injuries, sniffling pathetically. He wasn't a fighter. He wasn't anybody so why couldn't he just go?
He nodded weakly and felt himself connect back with the ground roughly. He wiped his eyes with the back of his hand and sat shaking. It was a terrible idea to try and leave.
Blake watched as Quinn dragged the girl forward. He wanted to say something to stop him but the look from Miles and Quinn's intimidating air kept him quiet. Blake watched from the sidelines as the new girl was brought forward. Then it was his turn. Quinn came to him and gave him an utimatum. Die on the streets or join. Blake looked at the surrounding faces before looking back into Quinn's strangely colored eyes. ".....Okay....." He whispered timidly. Was this really what he wanted?

Sora didn't know what to do when she tried to speak no voice came she was down right terrified, her head stung from the rough treatment but she had to say something. She wanted to tell them that she came to help but she didn't know where to start but she had to say something. She pushed away from the him and glared at the who dragged her and said "Geez was that absolutely necessary?" She started to rush the words out of her mouth. "I know I was following you but I just wanted to help, I was looking around all day for someone that was part of the rebellion, I figured you guys might need someone on the inside, someone who had the connection to resources and I just wanted to help." She looked back and forth between each face and hoped they would believe her. Hoping that they wouldn't decide to hurt her or worse keep her against her will.

Miles was immediately silenced when he heard the boss say Danielle's name. His mind flooded with thoughts of regret. He could only think back to them training together and that first kiss they shared. He recalled how the boss had made it clear that none of the rebels could engage in a relationship together, but they didn't care anyway and continued in secret. His mind flashed back to the night before the attack. Danielle had told Miles that she didn't want to fight the government anymore, and would rather run away with him, and he had refused to join her. How he had regretted that decision. If he had known that the situation would get so dire that she would die and the rebels would be crushed... if he could go back to that moment now, he would have left with her in a heartbeat. Danielle had gone to the headquarters to inform the boss that she wanted to resign from her permission in the rebellion... If he had left with her on that ferry that night... She would never have been put in that line of danger. The thought terrified him.

Snapping back to reality at the sound of the pure girl's voice, he stepped closer to the boss and said, "I believe her, boss. Not all pures were born to hate. And until now, I didn't realise that some unpures were."

(No ones gonna notice Bella...? Guess I'll do it haha)

Brooke was listening to the pure girl until something in the distance caught her eye. A small shape was running away from the bridge. It glanced over it's shoulder and the shape's blue eyes locked with her own green ones. "Boss!" Brooke alerted him before taking off after the shape. Normally she wouldn't be this cautious, but they had just talked all about the rebellion and killing politicians.

Bella could hear footsteps behind her and urged her feet to go faster, but her legs weren't as long as her pursuer's. Suddenly the woman from the group wrapped her arms around her back and Bella screamed out. "Let me go!" She screeched, desperate for a passerby to hear. "Get off!" She slammed her elbow hard into Brooke's stomach and Brooke's breath shot out of her lungs with a whoooosh sound.
Bella escaped her arms and spun on her, pulling a small rusted pocketknife out of her pants. She began to back up slowly. Brooke stood in front of her, not flinching at the sight of the blade.

Boss turned to miles and he had gotten so sick of it. He walked over and grabbed the bigger mans collar. "afcourse I've grown to hate people Miles. I know what you think of what has become rebellion, I know that you hate it, but that doesn't matter. The other leaders have died, leaving me. I am the leader" he turned when Brooke ran. "the fuck?"

Quinn had been focusing on the boy, he didn't like the talk, but turned when Boss flipped

(he's officially bad guy now"

Last edited:
(I was gonna go for Bella :( but I'll fix it )

(oh, sorry! jumped the gun i guess. well he can just help brooke.)

Bella looked devastated when another person started running towards her. A man this time. She shakily held the knife out at him too, arm straight in front of her as she backed up. In all honesty, she had never used the little blade. She hoped her bluff would convince them. But from what she had overheard of their conversation, she doubted it. Brooke was still catching her breath, realizing she had no weapons on her. Quinn was now running to help, and she sent him a look that said. Let's get this annoyance out of the way. We have bigger problems.
The girl was obviously Unpure, and Brooke thought they would easily be able to convince her to keep their secret.
It seemed the rebellion was falling apart faster than before. First all of the deaths... now all of these eavesdropping brats. Brooke didn't really get close to the other members of the group, so yes the murders were sad, but it didn't exactly devastate her. The wipe-out of their whole organization would, though.

(do I have to edit it again now xD)

Quinn had decided to go after Brooke. These men are big boys, they I'll manage. He ran over and the girl was shaking. "Don't tell me I have to aim at her?! She's like what? Fourteen?" he looked at Brooke and then to the girl. "drop that thing, now!" he ordered in a voice that would make anybody do it, he was good at pretending to be scary

Miles watched as Brooke bolted after a girl who had been eavesdropping on the conversation, and he decided to hurry after her. He didn't care anymore for what the boss had to say right now - sure, he respected the man, but today he had seemed to lose hold of everything they fought for. The just cause of the rebellion seemed somewhat tarnished now. I guess desperate times do lead to desperate measures, but still, this was too much. Before his legs could make a move for it, the boss grabbed him by his collar. The words of the boss forced him to completely disregard his last thought. I guess the boss deserves little respect after all.

"If this is how the rebellion is going to act from this point onwards," Miles paused and looked deep into the boss' eyes. He then continued, "Then you can count me out." He aggressively shoved the boss away from him, but before he walked away, he straightened his jacket and turned his slender body around so that he was facing away from the boss. "Until you can learn to put your heart into restoring the equality of humanity, I will work alone."

He then dashed forwards towards the girl, who was surrounded by Brooke and Quinn. He darted between them and stopped narrowly in front of the girl, who was wielding a pocketknife. He then placed his hands out in front of him as if to ask for mercy.

"Leave her," Miles said, in a soft tone. "The attack on the rebellion hasn't exactly gone unheard. Everyone will know that we have been planning killings once the government make their excuses. I don't want to see another innocent become a blind follower of a doomed rebellion as you two have. Let her go with me."

"No!" Bella yelled back. She was used to scary men. She had been surrounded by them, in her home, and on the street after she left home. "And I'm only 13." She lied, thinking it would make him reluctant to attack her. In reality she was 16, but knew that she looked younger than she was. She pulled the hood further over her head. It made her feel safe when she was on her own, like a security blanket.
To her dismay, another man was running towards her. She was about to turn and make a run for it, when the man stopped short of her and turned his back on her, beginning to talk to the other two. Was he... protecting her? She lowered her knife to her side but her knuckles were still white from how tightly she was gripping it.

"Let her go with me." The man spoke and Bella's eyebrows furrowed. So it was either go with those two or go with this one? If she didn't have a choice, the one protecting her would be ideal, but he could also have alternate motives. What she really wanted was to go back to her simple life on the streets. It wasn't great, but better than being hostage.

"We're not blind followers." Brooke glared at Miles. But... were they? After the deaths of their friends, the boss seemed to have gone mad. And he was right, the government knew about them now. They didn't know where they were or what they were planning, but they knew they existed.