"No Friends" Club.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Penelope took their silence as meaning most of the others had no real interest in doing anything and withdrew her proposal. "I guess they're fine like this then," she sighed. Some of the members had gotten really close; Miu and Adrian were practically an item. They looked so sweet together she suddenly felt bad for suggesting everyone go outside. Actually, it still wasn't the worst idea; summer scenery is one of the more notorious romantic settings. Well, in the shojo manga she read it was very popular.

She sighed aloud and sat back down next to Ava. "I guess we won't be going outside today," she said, her confidence quite deflated. She couldn't help feeling defeated at the fact that no one seemed to pay her any mind.

Ava looked up at the disheartened girl as she sat down next to her. "It's ok, P- Penelope, we c- can still p- play a game." she suggested, reaching into her bag. Pulling out a chess board and a box of pieces from her backpack, she smiled at the girl who had welcomed her into the club. "I st- still don't know how t- to play ch- chess. Could you t- teach me?" She held the board and piece box out to Penelope. She smiled softly, hoping her suggestion would cheer the girl up.

Penelope looked at the board and boxed pieces. She honestly wasn't very good at chess herself but she understood the basics. Ava was like a little to her so she couldn't dare to let her down. "Um, sure, I'll teach you what I know. I don't know much but I can show you how to play." She cleared a table and invited Ava over to set up the board. "I believe it's a strategy heavy game," she said as she helped set up the board. "I don't think to well on my feet so I'm not good at this game, but I've seen matches and it gets pretty intense."

The thought of showing Ava how to play, if only at the beginner level, made Penelope feel a little better. It made her feel needed and she was not ashamed at that fact. No matter how much people hurt her or caused her shut out the world, she understood quite plainly that she needed people. There was no getting around that.

Ava set up the board and sat down across from her friend. "I have seen a f- few matches p- played, but I don't und- derstand how they d- do it." She looked down at the board. She didn't seem to be looking at it, but rather, through it. Tears began to well up in her eyes as she remembered how her Father used to play with her as a little girl. Now that he was the CEO of his company, he wasn't around long enough for something like that. Realizing that if she started crying, it would make Penelope upset, she laughed a little and wiped it away, the thought still lingering in the back of her bright, white eyes. "I'm s- sorry, just old m- memories." She looked up at the girl across from her. "Let's p- play."

Damien had watched the exchange between Miu and Adrian silently, but his attention was pulled away by Penelope and Ava's game. "A chess match, huh? Mind if I watch?" It seemed that Shou was lost in thought again, so Damien got up and grabbed an extra chair. His favorite chair, in fact. It was one of those swivel chairs, meant to be used with a desk, but Damien often sat on it just whenever he felt like it. He pushed off and rode it as it rolled along towards the table, stopping just short. The back was facing the table, so he sat on it like it was, crossing his arms over the back and resting his head. "Chess matches always interest me. Never play, but I think I might have picked up some things. Just go ahead and don't mind me!"

Miu let out a sigh of relief. It appeared their actions had been noticed but no one was drawing attention to them. That would be fine with her. She realized that the people here were much like her. But in a moment of fear she had forgotten that. Either way she was still holding onto the breast of Adrian's shirt. She pulled back a little bit, not letting go and elbows still bent at near ninety degrees. She looked up at his eyes a mirthful smile placed on her lips. It's size shrank a little bit but it didn't fade completely. She stepped back from him after a moment putting her hands behind her back, interlocking her middle and index finger of her hands. Lightly she swayed, moving from heel to tip toe.

Adrian looked at her as she pulled back and moved his gaze away quickly. His face were heating up to an interestingly bright shade of red, and he was at a loss for words. He knew he had to say something but he was too darn nervous. He'd never, ever been with anyone before, not even back when he was small. Most people had always avoided him, thinking that they might catch his sickness(even if it was impossible for it to spread as he was born with it and it wasn't a virus) so girls had never really caught up to him. He'd never kissed a girl, dated one or even loved one, and he didn't particularly care back then. But now, he was standing in front of a girl with feelings he'd never felt before making his body heavy.

Miu giggled lightly to him. She had found it abundantly clear that he wasn't use to these kinds of situations. Truth was she wasn't either, back home he didn't have any suitors and that was fine with her. If she had been popular back home, if she didn't exist on the fringe of other peoples mind, she likely wouldn't have exchanged. If she hadn't exchanged she wouldn't have met all of these wonderful people. After a moment she swiveled a little, and walked backward until she had her back against the wall not far from them. She glanced up at Adrian with a smile before turning her attention to the rest of the people in the room. They all had seemed interested in the chess match that was about to take place. Chess wasn't really at the forefront of her mind, but she did enjoy the game when she played it, she hadn't watched a match before though. She was lightly thinking to herself, Chess was largely considered a game for the intellectuals. Perhaps the fact that every one seemed to be interested in the fact one was about to take place wasn't to be overlooked.

He walked over and leaned at the wall beside her, closing his eyes softly. He leaned to the side to whisper to her. "Thank you.." He smiled honestly and gave her hand a squeeze before letting go of her hand again to watch the chess match. He had never been one for games; he disliked things with rules and regulations and most of all wanted to feel free, hence why he liked singing, writing and drawing a lot. He looked down at Miu to try and see what she thought. She looked to be interested in the match and he smiled inwardly. He thought it to be nice to see her interested instead of sad or pained. He looked back at the match and pondered whether he should take her hand again. He didn't know what to think anymore. He wanted to ask her how she was thinking about it all but thought it better to ask when they were in private instead of here. They'd already made quite a show already even if no one had been that interested in what they were doing.

After he had let go of her hand she waited for a few moments before leaning into him. Wrapping both of her arms around his while closing her eyes. She had some thoughts on her mind, since they both seemed in good spirits again she figured she would sort through them. Her smile was gone as she concentrated on her thoughts. At the end of the year she would have to board a plane and go back to her home, she had transferred in as a third year, which meant she wouldn't get the same opportunity the next year. She had taken a job at a local antique shop, just to earn some money for herself. A flash of anguish entered her face for a brief moment. She could save up so that she could stay the whole summer, but she may have to find a different temporary residence if she was going to stay for the summer, there was no guarantee her sponsor would want to keep her past the agreement date. With taking on the job at the antique shop that meant she wouldn't have alot of time after school to do things. Which was a shame, she had been thinking of asking Penelope, Adrian, and Ava to do something afterward, even if it was just something simple like grabbing food. She had realized that she hadn't gotten to know much more than those three, which was sort of a shame. As she began to work out the thoughts her one hand slipped into Adrian's.

Adrian smiled and intertwined his fingers with her and closed his eyes for a second. She looked to be in deep thoughts and he looked down at her, holding her hand tighter to comfort her. "What's on your mind...?" He whispered in her ear and smiled a little. That question always managed to help him when he was upset. He would just spill out his mind and everything would make more sense when said out loud. He stroked the back of her hand and leaned his head against her shoulder while still observing the chess match. He wanted to be with her, rather alone because he... well... yeah. He wasn't even ready to think it yet. He had to tell her about his feelings; he could really feel them bubbling up inside him. He closed his hand around hers and attempted to keep looking at the chess match. But truly, it didn't interest him much anymore. He was more interested in looking at Miu, trying to see if he could see inside her soul by staring into those pretty emeralds she had for eyes.

After a few moments she looked up blankly. The blinked a few times as she collected her thoughts. He must have realized she was an exchange student, well that he obviously realized that, but wasn't sure if he saw what that would mean down the road. For a few moments she thought about asking but she decided that it could wait until later. "I was just thinking about the weekend." She leaned a little more into him. "I still haven't seen alot of the city." she explained plainly. Her eyes forecast deeper worries but her voice was calm enough that any casual listeners wouldn't be able to tell anything was wrong.

He noticed the worry in her eyes but decided that it could wait until later. "Well... if you want to, we could go out and see some of the city... I'm not the most interesting guide but I do know the area... I used all summer exploring." He stroked her cheek and leaned more against her, his fingers still intertwined with hers while he talked. He felt this need to make her feel as happy as possible, no matter the cost. He just wanted a smile on her face. He looked at her awaiting her answer, wishing she'd say yes. It sort of sounded like a date.

Shou glanced at Damien leaving, feeling a little bit upset about it, but decided to just bottle it up, along with the other emotions he had placed inside. He turned his attention to Miu and Adrian, amused at their exchange, before gazing at where Damien was, which was with Penelope and Ava.

Thinking of an idea, he got down from the table and went into the pantry room, where he opened up a box of pocky. He bit one end of the pocky and ambled over to Damien.

Once he got there, Shou took a chair from nearby, sat down, and prodded Damien's arm.

Damien looked away from the game when he felt a sensation on his arm. "Hmm?" he looked at Shou with a cheerful grin. "Oh! I forgot we even had that. I haven't had Pocky since I left!" he laughed. "Can I get me some, too?" He didn't drop his cheerful expression, though a tint of playfulness had slowly crept across. He was sure Shou was thinking of something in that interesting mind of his.

Her smile spread a little more than usual. As she turned her head away, her eyes closed and leaned into him a little more heavily for a moment. She quite liked the idea of spending a day with Adrien. But still, She opened her eyes looking towards the chessboard and the people congregated around it. She felt that her and Adrian were a separate entity from them. Miu had been mobbed her first few days of school, too many people wanted to talk to her and ask her questions. She knew that's how it would be until the novelty of an exchange student wore off. She came to this room to meet people who were interested in who she was as a person, not where she was from. But why had Adrian come here? It must have been to meet people. That was the thought. Truly he couldn't be contented with just having her to keep him company. "We should see who wants to come with us..." She said before looking up to gauge his reaction.

He tried to hide a bit of the dissapointment because he knew that it was selfish but knowing how easily Miu could read him, he probably couldn't hide it at all. He felt like an open book to her. He wanted to answer but didn't exactly know; it wasn't that he didn't want to be with everyone else, he just wanted to have some time with Miu, to talk about things they couldn't mention in the presence of their friends. He didn't want to be selfish, but he was scared that if he didn't do it now he would never get to. He wanted to know more about her, and to talk with her alone. Maybe then it would get just a little closer to what had possibly been about to happen yesterday, and then their feelings could be said out loud for confirmation. Right now it was just something hanging in the air between them and he wanted to be certain that he didn't get the wrong idea. "Uhh..." He really didn't know what to answer and just held her hand in his, avoiding to look into her eyes. He really just wanted to be alone with her and talk things through.

Shou looked at Damien to his pocky and back to Damien, hoping he'd get the hint he wanted to play the pocky game, thinking about it made his cheeks turn a light red.

The chance of her messing up was instantly increased by the gathering. Penelope took a deep breath to calm her nerves. She squeezed her shaking hands together and looked at the board. She was glad that Shou had somewhat distracted Damien from the board. She though of them as friends and she was comfortable around them as such- more recently, her attitude toward Shou was better- but demonstrating was not something she was confident in. She was prone to making embarrassing mistakes when put on the spot and at the moment she was feeling very much on the spot.

"Since we both know a little bit about it, we could both teach Ava how to play," she suggested, her voice almost shaking with nervous tension. She stared at the board, contemplating her first move. Penelope picked up a pawn and moved it forward. "The goal, if I remember correctly, is to take over your enemies territory by taking captives from your opponent. You can take a square one of my piece is on and that would mean you captured it. Or something of the like..." She was starting to regret offering to teach her chess. She waited for Damien to correct her or make her feel less like an idiot at this point.

Miu giggled to herself as he gave his oh so apt response. Her eyes closed and she placed her forehead against his arm. She let out a small content sigh before opening her eyes again slightly turning her head so her cheek was pressed against his arm. Like this she could watch the match progress. "Then where are we going?" The way she had said it made it certain she had picked up on the fact he wanted to go somewhere with her, Not somewhere with anyone. Spending a day with him would be a good opportunity to get to know him better. Silently she wondered to herself what the day would have in store, as she slipped away into a day dream her other hand slid down his arm. It ended with her holding his hand with both of hers.