Nightfall, Children of the Elements (apocalyptic/elemental)

• Thread starter codasterthedisaster
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Epsil looked dumbfounded while Sable wrapped his arm in a white sheet. Whether it was from surprise or blood loss, nobody knows. "I don't think we can..." he trailed off as the white-haired girl he rescued earlier began to focus light on his wound, explaining that she could turn the light into energy and excite his cells, resulting in a much more rapid healing process. In a matter of seconds his wounds were closed up. His skin was still mottled with scars, and a little crispy in a few areas, but he'd just have to deal with it. He flexed his fingers and looked up at the monster, who was once again being distracted by Carlos, who just managed to land a nasty blow on the area Alice stuck her spear. Everyone was absolutely dying to fight. Epsil sighed, slightly irritated that everyone was so eager to battle the greater demon. "I've killed a few of these bastards myself. Well, I say that, but this is the nastiest one I've ever seen. I need you guys to close in. I'm gonna head up to the roof so I can get a shot at its head. Sable, I need you to attack its legs. Try and sever the Achilles." He looked at the newcomer. "Snowy, if you can muster up any energy, flash light in its eyes when it looks at you. Alice....Do whatever you want."

He grinned, taking a deep breath and running past Devynne. "You aren't the kind of person to follow orders, but if you want to help, be ground assault. Do as much damage to it as you can," he said with a wink. Then he hurried off, dashing inside a building and fervently climbing through the wreckage that was the staircase, reaching the door to the roof after a little more than a minute. He stood on the ledge, grinning. He clenched his right fist--the burned fist. Black and white coursed through his many scars and blemishes, giving his flesh an unnatural, ethereal look. He kept his arm behind him, in an effort to hide it from everyone else. He trust the people he just met, but he didn't trust them with the nature of his ability. His unique mutation of the virus.

He opened his hand, the conglomeration of black and white on his skin gathering to a single point in his palm, creating an otherwordly black flame. He wrapped his fingers around it, hiding it from view and leaped off the building. He pulled back his fist, falling towards the demon. Time seemed to slow down for Epsil as he fell. He grinned; the wind coursing against his skin and through his hair, the sensation of weightlessness, the smell of sulfur, and the shouts of his allies mingling with the roars and grunts of the demon all seemed unbearably pleasant in the few seconds Epsil fell. His amber eyes sparkled brilliantly, and his expression was one of pure delight and ecstasy.

The moment the teen's fist connected with the demon's neck, a shockwave blasted outwards. It was enough to stagger anyone gathered, and rattle windows, but nothing like an explosion. A gust of cold air followed. A black aura coursed over the demon for a split second, then the flames were extinguished. Epsil landed softly, dusting himself off. He looked nonchalant, but sweat was beading on his forhead and his knees were shaking slightly. His breathing was slightly ragged as well. He chuckled and looked at everyone.

"Well, good job," he began, clapping. "Bravo, bravo." The demon, which had been standing completely still behind Epsil, shattered into thousands of frozen slivers, like a broken icicle. "You're all quite talented, I must say." He beamed at the group. He opened his mouth as if he was going to say something else. Then he passed out, slamming face-first into the concrete.

Alice brushed back some red hair from her face and her eyes witnessed the fall of the demon, but as Epsil fell, she rushed forward, attempting to catch him before he face planted on the concrete. And alas, she was too late. She laid him on his back and grabbed her spear from the bloody pool of the greater demon. Her hair was disheveled and she didn't care. She quickly wiped off the point and strapped it on her back before turning to the rest of the group. "1. I think we should skedaddle. 2. I'm hungry. Anyone up for hunting after leaving this place?" She glanced at Epsil and sighed. Alice put him on her back like a messed up piggyback ride and began sprinting away from the wreckage. At least she could carry heavy items. She tried not to impale Epsil with the spear on her back. Her flame colored hair blew back as she ran and one clear, miserable thought was in mind as her stomach growled. "I NEED FOOD!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Sable narrowed her eyes at this new girl as she untied the 'bandage' she has put around Epsil's arm and heal him using her abilities.
I stopped playing victim for this?
She sighed loudly, letting the girl know her annoyance as she pressed her back against the building, next to Epsil. She watched him as he began testing his arm , wiggling his fingers until he was satisfied with it.

Epsil sighed, much like she did just before, meaning he was clearly annoyed at everyone but continued to formulate a plan. 'Sable, I need you to attack its legs.' She pouted at him. 'His legs?' Though he payed no attention to her.
His legs? Is it because i am short?
Once he had left she felt no reason to stick around and she grabbed her daggers out. Gazing at their beauty once again she examined the black blade of her left one and the silver blade of her right. Shaking her head as if she was trying to return to reality, she began to run towards the demons feet as they knocked over already crumbling buildings. Not much of a loss there.

She got a glimpse of Carlos just above her as he kept distracting it, his face covered in sweat. He was clearly near exhaustion so she hoped Epsil had a good plan to kill this demon. She leaped up, digging her daggers into the warm flesh of demons ankles as the blade cut downwards towards its feet and she unlodged them, trying to avoid getting too covered in its blood. She readied herself for her second attack but its body began to tremble. That's when the shockwave hit her, causing her to fall backwards, though that may have also been her own clumsy fault.

She lay there on her back as she looked up at the demon in disbelief as it exploded into tiny silver shards the gracefully fell towards the Earth. Turning her head she saw Epsil who had lander somewhat close to her, clapping and congratulating everyone before he collapsed. She sat up and shook her hair behind her head before jogging over to see if he was dead. 'Epsil?' She said, knowing he wouldn't hear. Sable was amazed at how easily she lifted him onto her back and began sprinting off. Not looking at the others, she followed her, following just a few paces behind.

She watched as everyone went nuts, Carlos smacking the thing in the head with air and Alice stabbing it. The girl fell, amplifying noises about a thousand times on her way down. The petite raven haired girl covered her ears, falling to her knees at the loud intrusion into her brain. Epsil caught her, injuring his arm on the way down. However the other girls swarmed him, healing his wounds quickly. She rolled her eyes. He was pretty but not THAT pretty. They didn't need to all fawn over him like that. He stood up, heading back into the fray. As he passed her he threw a remark her way. "You aren't the kind of person to follow orders, but if you want to help, be ground assault. Do as much damage to it as you can," She narrowed her eyes, screw him, he wasn't her boss. She did as she pleased. Taking a deep breath she ran toward the thing, jumping slightly to giver her enough momentum to power her shot. As she lept up, so did Epsil, punching the demon, a moment later, it exploded. "What the hell was that?!" She clenched her fists tightly out of anger and annoyance as she returned to the earth. She walked toward Epsil, holding her fists close as if she were about to punch him in the face. "You fucking give me orders like you're the boss of me and then you go and steal my kill?!" Sparks lept off of her clothing and hair as she confronted him, her eyes hard and full of anger. She whirled around to face the other girls. "And you!" She pointed her finger at Alice. "You could of busted all of our eardrums." She turned her seething gaze on the other two newcomers. "And you two fawning over Epsil as if he were Jesus." She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "This is too much." She chuckled darkly. "I can't deal with this."

Carlos landed weakly where everyone had gathered. His knees were wobbling uncomfortably and his palms were clammy. The aftermath of the greater demon's fall. He knew he should be soaring with joy right now after that unbelievable victory. After all, I'm alive! We all are! Well, save for Epsil who's out cold.

Epsil...

Carlos had practically been next to the demon when Epsil struck it with his finishing blow. He had just recovered from the shock of almost becoming a deep friend Latino (thank God for air and quick thinking). Then, atop the roof, ready to deliver another whip of air on the demon's face, he saw the dark arrow that was Epsil plummet at its neck. The world seemed to pause from that one drop. And right when Epsil's fist connected with the demon's fiery flesh, Carlos felt a wave of heavy darkness steal his strength.

Even now, surrounded by cute girls, his bones shivered from that same darkness. He took a quick look at Epsil as Alice heaved the unconscious boy on her back. Was that dark energy the demon's or Epsil's? He quickly took a mental note of not pissing Epsil off too much. But the sweet yet tough voice of Devynne brought him back to the lovely fact that he was surrounded by girls. "Devs, calm down," he swooped to her side, taking care not to touch her. "I didn't get to kill anything. ANYTHING! And this was supposed to be my neighborhood. And I ain't mad. Just a couple bottles of beer and we'll all be laughing about this in the morning. Your offer of beer at your place still stands, right?" He made sure he was loud enough for everyone to hear. Alcohol after nearly being killed would definitely pique everyone's interest.​

She wakes up from the sound of fighting, getting up as she slightly look outside from inside a ruined building near by. She look around as She listen closely, remembering what happened the last time she didn't keep her guard up. As she hears the fighting finish, she barely hear talking near by. Not wanting to take her chances in case they are not friendly, she hides in the corner of the ruined building. She keep her giant black scythe close to her, slightly afraid they will come closer to where she is, at the same time, curious about what they are doing here. Knowing it would probably not be the best time to satisfy her curiosity, if they just finished a fight from one of the many demons roaming around. She sighs softly as she looks at the ceiling. Maybe I am just worrying for nothing...but you can't be too careful...you never know who is friendly or not...except for the demons of course. She nervously looks outside again, making sure to keep back enough to not be seen or to have the floor crumble from under her. Squinting her eyes, she can slightly see some people. She looks back at her giant black scythe, cleaning it as quietly as she can. Thinking about going to check it out, maybe after they left to have a closer look. She sits back in the corner, keeping her scythe close to her, just in case she is attacked. Slightly afraid that they will find out where she is hiding.

Aurelia watched, satisfied with her work, as Epsil flexed his hand. Her head was still swimming, but when she was a way to help she jumped on it. Moving farther out into the street she began to bend the light beams as much as she could, flashing light into the giants eyes and blinding him for a few moments at time. From her vantage point she watched as Epsil approached the back of the demon. She watched as he gathered something in his hand and then punched the demon shattering it into tiny shards.

Now that she didn't have to worry about distracting the demon her shoulders slumped and she could only watch as Epsil collapsed, feeling that she was going to do the same if she didn't get some rest soon. Yawning Aurelia tuned in to what the others of the group were talking about just as another girl made rude remark towards her. With scowl she crossed her arms. "Not everyone can be a fighter. The rest of us did what we could and at least we helped. Stop bitching and let's catch up with the others so we can get some food and rest. " Turning on heel she followed Alice, still not knowing anyone's name, but feeling safe with this new group.

Devynne looked at the new girl. "I'm sorry but who are you? You just got here, you have no room to be talking. Not to mention that if you can't fight you have no value to me." By now she was seething. "You know what, why don't I just electrocute you right now? That'd make me feel much better" She took a menacing step towards the girl, palms facing outward. She ignored Carlos's request about beer. In truth he was the only one she'd think about inviting at this point. The others grated her nerves, bossing her around, acting all high and mighty and utterly idiotic and reckless. She glared the girl down. After all, she could easily take someone like that down. The girl had healing powers whoopee. That didn't protect her much against instant frying.

"Now, now, girls. Play nice." Carlos nervously put himself between Devynne and the new girl who had healed Epsil. What little experience he had on cat fights happened in his daydreams where girls fought over him. Clearly, I can't tell 'em to share me like I always do... or maybe I can?

He bravely put each of his arms on the girls' shoulders, keeping them close together. "No reason to kill each other after we killed Volcano-Head Thingy. That was our bonding moment!" he said with such fervor. "Now, let us cool our heads with Devynne's beer and my potato chips. Celebrate our hard-earned victory! Then, you girls can share-- I mean, sleep! Sleep... your tempers over?" Real smooth, Carlos, he mocked himself. Real smooth. "So, what do you girls say?"​

Glancing behind her, she saw a few following her, but hey, what the heck. She kicked up her speed until she was running down alleyways, dodging debris, and even once, jumping up the side of a building like a ninja. Alice struggled slightly with her heavy load. She'd carried heavier before and she lifted a hand to brush sweat off her forehead. She swept fiery red hair out of her eyes and she darted through the desolate town. She found herself on the city limits before looking back. Rubble covered the ground and specks of blood littered every building. She stilfed a question that died in her throat and moved on, eager to get away from there.

Aurelia was about to walk away when she was grabbed by the shoulder and turned to face the other girl. "Hey look I don't know who you are, but I don't understand why you're getting so angry. You're the one whose yelling at everyone else so how about you wait to scream at everyone until we're out of here okay?" Gently she removed Carlos' arm from around her shoulders and gave him a small smile. "Thanks for trying to stop a senseless fight, but we should get moving or we'll lose the others." Turning on heel she took off after Alice trying to catch up.

Carlos stared at the new girl whom Devynne was quite pissed at. He was slightly startled at how gentle she was, which was a breather to all the tough chicks he had recently met. He let go of the still seething Devynne and jogged after the new girl. "Wait!" he called out. "You never told me your name." He was now walking beside her with Alice and the others just a few steps before them. "I'm Carlos, by the way," he introduced himself, once again in his most charming expression-- well, that's what he thinks. "You're the girl with the healing hands, right? That's cool. I got air power, like flying and stuff. I guess you already know that."​

She looks back out at the group, sorta wanting to join them or at least be close by. They didn't look like they would hurt her and she knew it's better to stay in a group than it is to be alone. It's not like they are going to hurt me...not with all the demons running around...I just have to find the courage to even go up and speak to them. She sighed as she looked at her scythe, she didn't want to be all alone again, especially with demons at almost every corner. I shouldn't let my fears get the better of me...if they are friendly or not, being in a group is better than being all alone. She tried to forget her fears, put her scythe on her back, carefully climbed out of the wrecked building she was in, and started to follow the group, hopefully to a safer place if there is such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.