Newbie Care Package!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, WHAT? Oh wow, this is awesome! Uh, I just made this account today. Am I eligible for these? Thank you ^.^

Wait, WHAT? Oh wow, this is awesome! Uh, I just made this account today. Am I eligible for these? Thank you ^.^
Welcome to iwaku, and yes you are very much eligible~

Welcome to iwaku, and yes you are very much eligible~
Thank you for the welcome, could I get the avatar and signature set and an RP recommendation? :D

Should I just put the filled forms here?

Thank you for the welcome, could I get the avatar and signature set and an RP recommendation? :D

Should I just put the filled forms here?
yep, just fill out the forms and we'll take it from there. The people who are supposed to assign you to your big brother/big sister are not online atm so that's gonna have to wait till later.

yep, just fill out the forms and we'll take it from there. The people who are supposed to assign you to your big brother/big sister are not online atm so that's gonna have to wait till later.
That's totally fine! Thank you~
Request Type: Avatar only? If I can do that?
Image(s): Image 1
Theme: Grudge, Dull, Dark but Simple
Colors: Greys, Black, Green (Whatever you see fit)
Desired Text: "Go on, underestimate me. Make it more of a surprise."
Other: Could it be done by @Ali ? If that's okay?

And as for a RP recommendation
Preferred Roleplay Genres: Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Prefered Roleplay Types: No real preference, happy with all!
Other Preferences: N/A

Reactions: Ali
I feel like a goof but I can't find the art department thread...:indifferent:

I feel like a goof but I can't find the art department thread...:indifferent:
You don't need to post your form in the art department thread. Just post it here or send any of the listed artists on the first page a message in a PM.

That's totally fine! Thank you~
Request Type: Avatar only? If I can do that?
Image(s): Image 1
Theme: Grudge, Dull, Dark but Simple
Colors: Greys, Black, Green (Whatever you see fit)
Desired Text: "Go on, underestimate me. Make it more of a surprise."
Other: Could it be done by @Ali ? If that's okay?

And as for a RP recommendation
Preferred Roleplay Genres: Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Prefered Roleplay Types: No real preference, happy with all!
Other Preferences: N/A
I'll get to work on those recommendations tonight then!

Oh dear, should I claim this? I'm not used to this much generosity.

Oh dear, should I claim this? I'm not used to this much generosity.
Just take what you feel most comfortable with then? xD

2h82rty.png

Allow me to clarify each of the aspects of the care package.

First of all, how do you claim your care package?
To claim an art request, please refer to the ART DEPARTMENT thread. Fill out the appropriate form and either PM your artist or tag them in the thread with "@" and their name immediately after. For a roleplay recommendation claim, either post your preferences here or PM one of our recommenders. You will be assigned a big brother or sister upon posting that you're interested in the care package. Easy as pie!
1. A free custom avatar and signature set: On iwaku, an avatar is the image that appears on your profile and each time you post. It is seen on the left side of the page beside each of your posts and stands as a physical representation of you on the forums. A signature is a portion of text and one image you may choose to display beneath each post that you post in the forums. Some users use their signatures to store information, some use it as a guide to their roleplays wtih links and other useful information, and some like to match it to their signature to give other players a better idea of what the player is like. With your free custom avatar and signature set, you will work with one of our talented staff members in the art department (See Below!) to create your very own avvy and siggy set!

2. Free banners for their first 3 characters: Some users like to use a image to display their character in each of their posts. It may be as simple as their name and rank/job/role, or it can be a single or series of images that portray the player's character. Character banners are popular and can be used to help enrich roleplay experiences. You will work with a staff member in our art department to gain three character banners for your first three characters. This will help get you, and other players, excited about your new character and gain a great addition to any character sheet!

3. A free set of digital art banners for prettying up their first roleplay: As seen above, good headers in your information sections of your roleplays can make a drab thread look fab! Our talented Art Department will work to produce banners for your first roleplay to help pretty up your thread and keep things organized.

4. A set of three free advertisements to help get their roleplay underway: At the top of all Iwaku webpages is a thin image called an advertisement banner. These are player made and stand as links to their roleplays. A good ad can make all the difference when seeking new players as it allows players to simply click when they're interested instead of searching through forums for interesting titles. A good ad is pricless and we want to make sure your roleplay gets as much traffic as possible to fill up your player slots! You'll be working with our Art Department to get three banners made for your first roleplay/

5. One big brother/sister: Things can be a bit tricky when you first start and even the Q & A section can be a bit daunting at times. With the BB/BS program you'll be assigned a staff member to be your buddy for the next month. This user will stand as a guide to help with everything from answering rule questions, helping with roleplay tips (for both playing and GMing) as well as pointing you in the right direction for any needs you may have. This staff member may be the first of what will one day be MANY iwaku friends and will help you feel right at home in our lovely land of words.

6. Recommendations for Roleplays: As you'll quickly find with a simple perusing through the forums, there are a LOT of roleplay opportunities. This may feel overwhelming at first, but fear not. Our witty and wise team of staff members will help with your search for the perfect RP by seeking out your interests and PMing you with three roleplay recommendations with open signups, and a link to the signups thread to boot! While we hope you'll find your own way with time, we're more than happy to do a bit of digging for you to help get you writing as soon as possible.

If you have any further questions, feel free to post them in this thread! Don't be shy; only some of us bite and you're safe from them because we're on computers and they don't know where you live. :D

Current Carepackage Claims

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Golden Anime
    1 X Avatar and Signature Set
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers
    1-3 X Roleplay Recommendations
    3 X Advertisements for your roleplay.

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Shinku⭐Kun
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Arcadia
    3 X Character Banners [Claimed: 2/3]
    1X Set of Thread Headers
    3 X Advertisements for your roleplay. [Claimed: 1/3]

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Ali
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @~Happily.Ever.After~
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Munchkin
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Melon
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Princess Poisoned Rose
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers
    1-3 X Roleplay Recommendations [Claimed: 1/3]

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Sen
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Touch of Insanity
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @IceQueen
    1 X Avatar and Signature Set [Claimed 1/1]
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers
    1-3 X Roleplay Recommendations [Claimed 1/3]

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Sir Basil
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. [ Has made it apparent they do not require a guide :) ]
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Elle
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Minerva
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Kagayours
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @~Happily.Ever.After~
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

• 1 X Guide. Your guide will be @Princess Poisoned Rose
    3 X Character Banners
    1X Set of Thread Headers

I really need a guide! LOL...Help!

This is so nice, I'd love to cash a few things in~ ^^

I really need a guide! LOL...Help!
We're going to work to get a few new guides into the guide program because our current guides are getting overwhelmed. For now, please feel free to ask any of the temp guides your questions (I'm one of them so feel free to Pm me with questions until we get you a full time guide!)

We're going to work to get a few new guides into the guide program because our current guides are getting overwhelmed. For now, please feel free to ask any of the temp guides your questions (I'm one of them so feel free to Pm me with questions until we get you a full time guide!)
soul I've yet to be assigned to someone. ^^;

Ok Vi then would you mind being @Cazza185 mentor...

G'day!

So as of right now, my profile picture is nice, and eventually I'll actually make my own. I don't know how to add a signature images (I just can't figure it out!) but if I could have one I would greatly appreciate it @Sen You are amazing ^ . ^ if you have any opportunity to do a signature, I would seriously love that.

Other than that, please, just a good recommendations for communities who would be very demanding and have an interesting concept behind them! :)

Edit: Wow, I need to mention to sen what I actually want. Careless of me. Alright, if you could simply make a background of a rusted, brown color (Much like my current profile pic,) Perhaps something in pencil, then in a nice cursive font, just the username "Pairjax." Nice and simple!

And another thing. How do I directly contact Sir Basil? I really, really, REALLY, want to get an opportunity to work with this guy, I'm super interested in getting some work done with him.

Alright, that's it for the edit! See you around!

Last edited by a moderator:
Preferred Roleplay Genres: Dystopia, Modern Magic, F//
Preferred Roleplay Types: Group, 1x1
Other Preferences: I am I lit+ roleplayer who writes with heavy description and length of at least 3 paragraphs. I expect the same (or more) from any 1x1 partner or a rule of relatively the same standard to be explicitly stated in a group roleplay's expectations.

@Sen
Request Type: Advertisement 1
RP Name: "Ti's Roleplay Emporium"
RP Catch Phrase: (none)
Genre of RP: Search thread. It will feature many updating plots and pairings, so I can't really specify.
Theme: Clean & Simple
Colors: White, Green (preferably something like #3CB371 or #32CD32), Blue (preferably something like #4682B4 or #B0E0E6)
Desired Images: Bam

Request Type: Advertisement 2
RP Name: "The Meme Squad"
RP Catch Phrase: "Such Squad, Very Memes"
Genre of RP: Angst, Drama
Theme: Dank
Colors: Red, Black, Grey
Desired Images: As many visual memes as you can fit into the advertisement. Some appreciated ones would be: doge, Pepe, hot choclety spider, Harambe, Sanic, Shia LaBoeuf, What is it Eren?, Putin, Left Shark, etc, etc. You can add any others you feel like beyond those, if you want. Feel free to tilt them, stack them, resize them, do whatever you like to make them fit.

G'day!

So as of right now, my profile picture is nice, and eventually I'll actually make my own. I don't know how to add a signature images (I just can't figure it out!) but if I could have one I would greatly appreciate it @Sen You are amazing ^ . ^ if you have any opportunity to do a signature, I would seriously love that.

Other than that, please, just a good recommendations for communities who would be very demanding and have an interesting concept behind them! :)

Edit: Wow, I need to mention to sen what I actually want. Careless of me. Alright, if you could simply make a background of a rusted, brown color (Much like my current profile pic,) Perhaps something in pencil, then in a nice cursive font, just the username "Pairjax." Nice and simple!

And another thing. How do I directly contact Sir Basil? I really, really, REALLY, want to get an opportunity to work with this guy, I'm super interested in getting some work done with him.

Alright, that's it for the edit! See you around!
Sorry, but I don't do avatars or signatures. Only character banners, advertisements and thread graphics ; ;.
You can put images in signatures by going to here: https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/account/signature
Then adding a picture using the code
Code:
[img]link[/img]
or by using the Rich Text editor

Preferred Roleplay Genres: Dystopia, Modern Magic, F//
Preferred Roleplay Types: Group, 1x1
Other Preferences: I am I lit+ roleplayer who writes with heavy description and length of at least 3 paragraphs. I expect the same (or more) from any 1x1 partner or a rule of relatively the same standard to be explicitly stated in a group roleplay's expectations.

@Sen
Request Type: Advertisement 1
RP Name: "Ti's Roleplay Emporium"
RP Catch Phrase: (none)
Genre of RP: Search thread. It will feature many updating plots and pairings, so I can't really specify.
Theme: Clean & Simple
Colors: White, Green (preferably something like #3CB371 or #32CD32), Blue (preferably something like #4682B4 or #B0E0E6)
Desired Images: Bam

Request Type: Advertisement 2
RP Name: "The Meme Squad"
RP Catch Phrase: "Such Squad, Very Memes"
Genre of RP: Angst, Drama
Theme: Dank
Colors: Red, Black, Grey
Desired Images: As many visual memes as you can fit into the advertisement. Some appreciated ones would be: doge, Pepe, hot choclety spider, Harambe, Sanic, Shia LaBoeuf, What is it Eren?, Putin, Left Shark, etc, etc. You can add any others you feel like beyond those, if you want. Feel free to tilt them, stack them, resize them, do whatever you like to make them fit.
I WILL HECKA MEME U LESGO!

Status
Not open for further replies.