New beginning (Kuroda ~ Yata Misaki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dustin's bodyweight surprised Hunter, causing him to instinctively back up a bit. Are you fucking kidding me? But damn this guy's really light.

"Come with you? To your house?" Hunter repeated Dustin's request, before sighing. "I dunno. I can't sneak into your estate."

Even so, Hunter took off his hoodie and tossed it to Dustin. "Wear it. I don't want to attract attention. You don't need to give it back."

He then disappeared into the woods, not before saying "So, where's this mansion of yours? Guide me."

Dustin stood up shaking slightly, "i-its this way." He instructed jogging slightly to catch up with hunter.

After 20 minutes of walked Dustin stopped Hunter, "I'll be quick.. hunter promise me no matter what you hear you wont come after me." His eyes were sharp and cold completely different from his usual trusting and naive look. Turning to the house it was old but big like something you'd find in a horror movie as Dustins small frame disappeared.

When he was inside Dustin quickly ran to his room and grabbed a packback stuffing it with a few outfits and his favorite item, a friendship necklace with one heart missing. On his way out he was met by his dad.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" his dad roared grabbing Dustin by the front of his jacket throwing him down the flight of stairs. Landing hard against the wall the thud echoed through out the house, "WE GIVE YOU EBRRYTHING HERE AND NOW YOU'RE JUST GOING TO LEAVE?" his dad shouted some more kicing him in the stomach multiple times before picking Dustin up by his hair and throwing him out the window. Dustin landed in a spray of glass and blood he tried to get away but his dad kicked open the front door, "HOW YOU GONNA SURVIVE HUH? YA BITCH HOW YOU GONNA SURVIVE? FUCKING ANSWER ME!" he screamed at Dustin grabbing dustins throat he chocked him waiting for a reply.

Dustin smirked and for the first time in his life he talked back, "ill survive because.. I wont have to deal with a sorry excuse of a dad like you.. fucking peice of shit." And with that he grabbed his dads head and pulled it hard against his knee falling back on the glass at his dads release.

Sadly Dustins attempt to fight back was quickly demolished as his dad stumbled forward and landed on Dustin bring his fist down over and over again.

Hunter nodded, understanding Dustin's wish for him to not come after him. He knew if he went to intervene, the whole plan would fall apart. Besides, Hunter believed that Dustin would make it out alive anyway. If his parents decide to kill him there and now, it would be the dumbest move they would have ever made.

But hearing the desperate screams was painful, but Hunter kept walking, making sure to stick to his plan. There's really nothing else I can do right now anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunter didn't sleep last night, although it was simply because by the time he returned to his apartment, it was already time for him to go to school.

After he entered his classroom, the first thing that he wanted to do was to place all his books into a large pile and sleep behind it. But of course, he couldn't, since today he had a test. Fuck it, I'm sleeping after this.

"Oi Hunter!" Lucas slapped Hunter's back. "You're gonna go to your study period?"
"Huh?" Hunter slowly rose form his position, and rubbed his eyes and yawned quietly. "But I can't be stuffed studying. Too sleepy."
"What did you do last night? Did ya sleep with some chick?"
"Do I look like a person that would be bothered with a girlfriend?"

Lucas chuckled. "Oh yeah I forgot to remind you. I'm crashing at your place tomorrow. Is that okay?"
"Yeah yeah." Hunter replied subconsciously, but then remembered about Dustin. "Also can you buy a first aid kit as well? I ran out."
Lucas was taken by a bit of surprise, but agreed anyway.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was nightfall again. This time, Hunter arrived earlier than arranged and waited for Dustin to come.

Over night Dustins dad had beaten him until he had been knocked out. When he woke up there was a dog collar around his neck and a chain tied to a tree. Rolling his eye he looked for his stuff to discover surprisingly his dad hadn't tooken it off of him. Sighing Dustin went next to the tree, curled into a ball and slept.

Waking up he looked at the sky and could tell it was time to go see hunter. Reaching up Dustin fondled the callor a bit trying to find the end point to the chain by of corse there wasnt one. Irritated Dustin looked on the ground for a sharp object when he looked down there was a shard of glass in his leg. Shrugging Dustin bit down on the sleeve of Hunters jacket and pulled out the glass though when it was free Dustin was panting and thought his scream could be heard for miles. Wiping the tears away he began to cut at the leather callor with the glass.

"What's taking him so long?" Hunter said to himself as he waited for Dustin to come. Did his parents find out? This will be a problem.

Hunter took out his phone from his pocket and went through his contacts. There he pressed on Lucas's name and called him. It wasn't long till Lucas picked up.

"Yo, what do you want?" Lucas asked.
"Look can you come to the park? Like now?" Hunter requested.
"What why?"
"Just come please. And get a swiss knife as well."
Lucas sighed as Hunter dodged his question again. "Alright...but I demand an explanation afterwards."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as Lucas arrived, Hunter immediately ran up and passed him, before signalling Lucas to follow him. Judging by the circumstances, it is likely that Dustin's trapped. Hunter closed his eyes briefly before opening them up again. I regret my decision to send him back.

Finally they arrived at Dustin's estate. Instinctively, Hunter jumped into a bush to hide, with Lucas following the suit. Lucas, still clueless about Hunter's intention, let alone plane, quietly whispered "So...what are we doing?"
"Busting a friend out." Hunter replied quickly, and popped his head out to check for anybody that was walking around their hiding area. "Come on!"
Hunter quickly ran out of his bush, but only to trip over something. Just before he was about to slam into the grass head-first, Lucas quickly grabbed hold onto Hunter's arms and pulled him up. "You okay?" Lucas asked out of concern.
"Yeah thanks." Hunter straightened himself up, before looking down at the thing that caused him to stumble and picked it up.
"A chain?" Lucas remarked. "They have dogs?"
"But why would a dog chain be so long?" Hunter questioned as he tried to follow the chain to look for the end.
"Should we follow?"

Hunter then grabbed the chain tightly and lifted it up. In the next split second, he threw his hands down and forced the chain to move up and down like a Mexican wave. He did this to see if a dog would start barking. He didn't hear anything animalistic.

"Let's follow it." Hunter started running and followed the chains that went across the ground. "Let's go!"

As the chain rattled his dad heard it and came marching out, "DUSTIN YOU TRYIN TO EXCAOE AGAIN YOU LITTLE BITCH?" he yelled walking over to dustin not seeing the boys yet. His dad saw Dustin cutting at the callor with a peice of glass and laughed at him. Throwing him hard at the tree the boys were behind, "IM SICK OF YOU'RE SHIT DUSTIN!!" hjs dad cried and pulled out a gun.

Dustins eyes grew wide as he saw the gun then sighed standing up, "THEN FUCKING DO IT!" he yelled at his dad his fist balled up looking ready to fight. Dustin frkm hunters angle was extremely paler then usual the chain was leading to the tree and the stitches in his back were halfly ripped open. Blood was dripping down his back and his pants leg was ripped and blood from him pulling out the glass.

His dad hearing this smiled and clocked Dustin upside the head, "YOU WANNA DIE KID? YOU REALLY WAMMA FUCKIN DIE?" He screamed in dustins face. As Dustin got back up he looked his dad dead in the eye, "ive wanted to die since you started this bullshit.. and three nights ago I almost did until I met a guy named hunter who found me and stopped me from dying. I dont know why he did I dont fucking desirve to live yet him being and absolute stranger showed me more care then you have in 14 years dad." He growled then continued, "so yea I wanted to die but now.. I dont." He added then round house kicked his dad in the head making him staggering backwards. His dad growing irritated charged at Dustin with pure hate in his eyes and he started to fight Dustin and this time Dustin actually fought back.

Though after a few minutes Dustin lost strength from blood lost and nearly fainted giving his dad the opportunity to hit him. Putting all his strength into it Dustins dad punched Dustin hard enough to send Dustin flying back into the tree.

Hittin the tree Dustin screamed in pain as a few ribs cracked and suddenly he was looking at up at the other end of the gun.

Hunter then heard screams. Dustin. Naturally, he started sprinting down the garden and followed the source of the sound.

"Shit should've not shaken the chain." Hunter said to Lucas as his ran. "I bet his parents are alert now.
"What do we do now?" Lucas replied. Hunter shrugged his shoulders, before noticing that Lucas had a scarf around his neck.
"Gimme your scarf." Hunter placed his hands in front of Lucas. The latter complied and tossed it onto his hand. Then Hunter wrapped his scarf around his neck and partially covered his face as well. "You stay. I'll check on."
Before Lucas could say anything, Hunter had already ran off. Lucas still ran after him regardless.

When Hunter turned the corner after running for a few minutes (and complained about how big the estate was), he finally found Dustin, screaming in agony as his wounds reopened and being tied to a tree. But what shocked him the most was that his father held a gun in front of Dustin's forehead. He can't talk Dustin's dad out of think without him being harmed..or worse. Thinking quickly, he picked up a rock and aimed it for the dad's head. Just before it hit, Hunter ran and let loose a roundhouse kick to the dad's face.

"Hey!" Lucas shouted after Hunter, and ran up to Hunter's side.
"The fuck are you doing here I told you to wait."
"Yeah but at least take the knife if you were gonna kill someone."
"Dude that was not my intention. You see that boy tied up to the tree? Yeah cut the collar off!"

Lucas turned around, only to be greeted by a human covered with fresh wounds everywhere, and his gag reflexes immediately kicked in. "Holy fuck how does this household get away with beating you up into a pulp?"
Suppressing his urge to gag, Lucas flicked his swiss knife open and started slicing the leather off from Dustin's neck.

Dustin flinched at Lucas opening the knife but let him cut it. When it was off he smiled, "thank you." He said softly looking at the boys, "we need to get out of here before my mom gets up and calls the dogs." He stated using the tree as support he turned to Hunter and smiled, "I knew you'd come." He said and blushed a little before leading the boys away from his house.

"So they are dogs in in this estate." Lucas replied as he hacked away the leather collar that wrapped itself around Dustin's neck. "I'm almost done. What do we do after that?"

Hunter turned around, then stroked his chin in deep thought. "I'll let him borrow my jacket, and then we'll take him to the hospital. I'm not sure whether to tell them what actually happened or pull some bullshit out of my ass."

Hunter threw his jacket to Dustin and Lucas turned back again to the boy covered in wounds inflicted by his own parents. "We don't know the full situation...Let's stick with the second plan." Lucas replied, crossing his arms and diverted his gaze to the limp body of Dustin's father.

"Can you run by yourself?" Hunter asked, before crouching down to meet his face. "If you can't I'll help you. We're taking you to the hospital."

Regardless, Hunter hauled Dustin's broken body and placed his arm around his shoulder. "We gotta hurry. Let's go!" Hunter added, before taking off, with Lucas following the suit.

Dustin shook his head no as Lucas asked about the dogs, "the dogs are robotic, they're a thousand times worse then actual dogs." He said softly as the callor fell free of his neck. Dustin listen to the boys talk about him as Dustin put on Hunters sweatshirt.

When Hunter helped him stand up and explain to Dustin about taking him to the hospital. Dustin looked confused, "hey hunter, whats a hospital?" He asked as him and the boys walked away from the estate.

Dustin looked up at the big building with what looked like endless of windows and a huge plus sign on top, "woah..." Dustin said softly as he remembered what Hunter had explained to him about the hospital earlier, and began to head to the entrance with Hunter as a crutch, letting Hunter and Lucas talk to the strangers in white.

"Fuuuuuun!" Lucas replied sarcastically as Dustin tells him about the robotic guard dogs. "All the more reasons for us to get the fuck out of here!"

If Hunter had been drinking water when Dustin asked about what a hospital was, he would've immediately spat it all out onto the grass in shock. This guy holy shit. "Long story short, it's a place where badly injured or sick people get cured, or at least receive treatment." Hunter explained, with a dumbfounded tone and resisted the urge to facepalm. Definitely didn't go to school for 14 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Dustin was admitted to emergency surgery, Hunter and Lucas waited just outside and sat on the benches. It was well past midnight, but luckily it was the weekends so they didn't have to worry about having to skip school. Although they were used to staying up very late, the events that happened recently was exhausting. Just then, Lucas remembered the promise that Hunter made to him.

"So...are you gonna explain everything to me now?" Lucas leaned back, with his arms supporting the back of his head.
Hunter sighed, and tilted his head back over the back support of the bench. "That person's name you just helped is Dustin. Some random guy I came across when I went to the park after you and I parted ways from the party a couple of days ago. He wanted to die or something, so I went to stop him."
"Heh?" Lucas quickly brought himself away from chair's back support, "I though you weren't the type to concern about other people's affairs."
"Ugh The only reason why I stopped him was so that he wouldn't spoil the lake for me." Hunter replied, before going silent for a few seconds. "To be honest I didn't really care about what happened to him after that day, but for some reason I blurted out that he should come to the lake again and I'll comfort him. Now I'm stuck with helping Dustin...I don't even care about him to be honest."
"Jeez do you realise how much of an asshole you sound like now?" Lucas was starting to feel anger rising from the pit of his stomach. "Just help someone for once. I help you all the time, why don't you do that for someone else?"

Hunter rolled his eyes, but Lucas was not slow to notice that. "Yeah keep rolling you eyes, you might find a brain there." Lucas shot, before continuing. "You might have the guile, but you clearing don't have the compassion."

Lucas stood up slowly, before taking a quick stretch and yawned. "Anyway, I'm beat. They're gonna take ages anyway. See ya."

Hunter simply waved, as he had almost no energy left as well. Then Hunter started rubbing his temples in frustration. He really didn't want to cater Dustin's feelings at all, and he wanted to walk away from him after the latter's recovery. But now, after listening to Lucas's statement, Hunter started to feel guilty for thinking about tossing Dustin away. Then Hunter remembered all the little actions that he did for Dustin that was contrary to his way of thought. When Hunter realised that Dustin was late, he had the option to just go back home and chill for the rest of the night, but instead, he went out to save Dustin instead. What was I thinking back there? I don't even know what I am doing anymore!

Hunter dipped his head lower and rubbed his head in stress. Just then, a nurse came by to his spot and reported Dustin's surgery as a success and he was sleeping in a ward nearby. Immediately, Hunter asked the nurse to take him there. Oh my fucking god again! Why am I caring?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunter stared down at Dustin's sleeping body, with IV drips flowing into his veins slowly. Slowly, Hunter took quiet steps towards the bed and reached his right hand out. Softly, he stroked Dustin's hair once and breathed out and hoped he didn't accidentally wake him up.

As the darkness covered Dustins eyes for surgery, he could hear his dad yelling at him. His dreams where nightmares each about losing huter to his dad, what if he goes away...what if he leaves me.. what the hell am I thinking hes just a dude that helped me.. why am I getting emotional over him!? He continued letting his mental fuss about Hunter and his feelings until he felt a hand stroke his hair. It was a warm feeling making him want more of the pets. On the outside from hunters point of veiw it just looked like Dustin smiling a little and nuzzling into the pillow.

Hours later Dustin woke up to Hunter sprawled out over Dustins lap, "must of fallen asleep." He spoke softly trying not to awaken him by sitting up. Looking down at Hunter he realized how attractive hunter was making him want poke him to see if he was real or not. Reaching up dustin made sure his lip and brow piercings were still in, "thank god." He mumbled as they were still planted in his face. His eyes drifted down to Hunters sleeping face Dustin sofly ran his finger over Hunters jaw line in gentle admiration. Until hunter groaned making Dustin flinch and quickly draw his hand back.

Hunter slowly woke up and realised that he had accidentally fallen asleep on Dustin's lap, causing him to quickly stand back up and readjust himself. He then directed his gaze to the clock that was hanging on the wall. 11:45 am, well there goes my morning.

"You okay?" Hunter asked as he took a gulp of water from the bottle that was on the tabletop near the window. Afterwards, Hunter placed the water bottle back and stretched his arms and back out after falling asleep in an awkward position, all while focusing on the scenery outside of the window. For the sake of small talk, Hunter started. "The doctors said that a lot of your wounds and cuts were infected, but they were able to treat it albeit with difficulty. Apparently they said something about how your wounds seemed to be sewn-up very poorly and they never figured out why..."

Hunter took a few seconds to recollect his thoughts. "The doctors said that you'll be discharged in three days." Then Hunter picked up a bag that was seemingly filled up to maximum capacity. "This is your bag of stuff right? Afterwards, I'll let you come over to my house. Whether you want to leech off me or not is up to you."

He then dropped the bag onto the floor gently, before walking out the door, only to stop when he reached the door frame and turned back to Dustin. "You want anything?"

Dustin played with his lip ring listening to hunter explain hiw condition, "my mom had tried to fix my back but she didnt use antthing to numb me first which made it hard for her to stitch me." He explained then continued to hear hunters words, "leech?" He said confused then added, "can you get me a water?" He asked well reaching for his bag and pulling out the necklace. Holding it tightly in his hand he looked down at the charm and remembered the good days.

Hunter facepalmed again, hoping that Dustin didn't think of a literal leech. "Ya know, live off me?"

"Sheesh no wonder why so many of your wounds were infected." Hunter shuddered slightly as Dustin explained his improperly-sewn cuts and scars. "Oh and I forgot to mention you'll definitely have scars left on your skin. They said they can't do anything about that."

"Just water?" Hunter asked and raised an eyebrow. "Is that all? You're not hungry?"

Nonetheless, Hunter walked out of the room and out he went. As he exited the main entrance of the hospital, his phone that was nearly out of charge rang. It was Lucas.

"Yo!" Lucas greeted over the phone. "I'm coming over now!"
"You what?" Hunter asked, then remembering what Lucas said a couple of days ago. "Oh yeah...uhh I am leaving the hospital to get some stuff for Dustin. I forgot to give you the keys last night...or more like this morning."
"Ah damn it! Then I'll come over to visit Dustin then." And the Lucas hung up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucas entered Dustin's ward, with the latter fixated on what seems to be a charm that carried a significant meaning to Dustin. Curious, Lucas asked him. "Hey Dustin. What's that you're holding?"

Dustin smiled seeing Lucas, "its the other half to a necklace I gave my dad before he turned on me." He explained with a smile holding out the broken heart with Be, Frie incripted on it. As Lucas finished looking at it he dropped the item back in his back, "what does it mean to live off of someone?" He asked the boy. Originally he was going to ask hunter but it seemed hunter wasn't too found of his millions of questions.
Well lucas explained Dustin listened then played with his lip ring out of habit, "would you mind teaching me about to... be apart... of this kind of life? It seems there's a lot my parents kept from me like what a doctor or the police are and what is this thing you guys call high school?" He admitted looking down in embarrassment as his questions started to pour out of his mind and into words.

"Right..." Lucas turned his head for a few milliseconds. So the abuse didn't just happen spontaneously. I wonder...

"Living off someone basically means living in someone else's house." Lucas quickly explained and tried to answer all of Dustin's questions as quickly as possible, resisting the urge to punch a wall by the fact that Dustin's was so clueless about everything. But then when he got to the high school question...

"High school is- Wait have you never been to school?" Lucas's eyes were so wide that his eyeballs look like they were going to fall out. "Now that explains to me with why you don't know shit about anything."

Just then, Hunter came back with the water that Dustin wanted and some snacks to share. "Hey Dustin got you some water."

Hunter then grabbed a chair and sat on it, before twiddling his thumbs and took a deep breath. Cannot believe that I have to do this. "So Dustin, have you decided on whether you want to live with me or not?"

Dustin looked down nervously playing with his lip ring, "i-if thats alright. It seems that I dont know anything about this type of life anyways, so living on my own would be no use." He said softly smiling at hunter as he took the water bottle and drank a few sips.

Looking out the window Dustin studied the cars, traffic lights, people, and everything in between until he turned back to the boys, "thank you for what you've done for me. I.. I wish that I could repay you some how but I have no idea how to at this point." He spoke giving a small little smile.

Hunter, although he did expect that kind of an answer, still dipped his head down in annoyance with the fact that he had to prepare for his arrival. Now, he has to clean the whole house and rearrange a room so that Dustin had a place to sleep. Fun, fun, fun.

"I don't really what anything back." Hunter replied to Dustin's gratitude. "Don't force yourself to repay me okay?"

Hunter then let a soft smile form across his face. But now, the atmosphere was slightly awkward, with Lucas slouching on his chair still dumbfounded by Dustin's ignorance and Hunter's lack of compassion. Hunter suddenly felt extremely bored, and imitated Lucas's position. Just then, an idea popped inside of Hunter's head.

"Hey, Dustin." Hunter shot up from his position. "You don't really know much about the world hey? Since it seems like for all your life you were imprisoned inside you own home, now is the time for to ask about anything about the word...Like anything. I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my ability."

Dustin blushed and though for a second before asking, "whats a family?" He asked not understanding what it was then he also asked, "whats a home?" Millions more questions collided into his head but he decided those two to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.