New beginning (Kuroda ~ Yata Misaki)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunter and Lucas sighed extremely loudly in unison, both overwhelmed with Dustin's ignorance and his unknowingly-deep questions. The duo looked at each other and shrugged, but knew each other's thoughts right now.

"Well..." Hunter started and twiddled his thumbs again. Although he looked calm and understanding, he was stressing out with the fact that he couldn't find a correct answer for such questions. "The proper meaning of 'family' is a group that consists of at least two parents with children living in a house and a home is where someone live permanently-or at least semi-permanently-especially with their family."

Hunter breathed out, and already a headache had kicked in from just thinking of an answer to those questions. However, he wasn't even done explaining yet. "However, most people always say that you should always love your family or like your family will always have your back or something like that."

The next question was going to be brutal, but Hunter had to ask the question. "Do you love your family then?"

Dustin listened to hunter explain everything then asked the question. Thinking about it for a moment he looked down at his necklace and smiled, "of course I do, they're my parents and even if they did turn on me when I was younger, I still love them just as much as I did before the switch." He explained with a soft smile thinking back at the good times. Then asked another question, "whats it like to fall in love? I've heard that a lot growing up but no one has ever told me what it was except for 'you'll understand when it happens' type answers." He said blushing a little hoping this question wasn't to much.

"Are you saying that so people would think you're a spoilt brat?" Hunter replied to Dustin's statement. "Even after what they have done to you after all those years?"

"Think about it for a sec." Hunter started to feel like he had to ramble on and on about random crap again, simply because Dustin's reason for loving his parents was a flawed one. "Imagine if your parents weren't your parents. Would you still love them after they have abused you in such a way?"

Lucas sighed, and placed his hand on Hunter's mouth. "I think you're going too far with this, JUST ANSWER THE NEXT QUESTION GODDAMN IT!."
"FINE FINE FINE!" Hunter yelled back, before regaining his composure and his sitting position. "What's it like to fall in love?"

And Hunter was already stumped. He wanted to give Dustin a definite answer, like the latter requested, but he wasn't quite sure. It was honestly one of those things that was based on personal interpretation. Regardless, Hunter tried his best to form an answer.

"Well...falling in love feels like..." Hunter stuttered a little. "You have some sort of affection or other emotional attachment to someone...It's really hard to explain."

Hunter asked, then exhaled. Trying to avoid the question, Hunter asked "Any other questions?"

Dustin listened for a bit well hunter rambled on bout his abuse, "before the abuse I loved them and I may not love them as strongly as I did before but deep down inside I still fucking love my dad even after he tried murdering me 5 times I still fucking love my mom even after she just sat there and laughed at my pain.. I dont know whats wrong with me.." he said quietly as hunter went on about his question before he asked, "what's that?" He asked pointing to an ambulance cruising through the street.

Hunter nodded and respected Dustin's reasoning. He knew that Dustin's mind was practically a mess right now, and it was something that Hunter himself wouldn't be able to fix, so he decided to stop pressing him on the topic for any longer.

"That..." Hunter walked towards the window again to see what Dustin was pointing at. "...is an ambulance van. They transport the terribly sick or injured to the hospital. There's nothing else to explain about a van to be honest."

Hunter quickly glanced at the clock. It was already three in the afternoon. He hadn't went back home for the past sixteen or seventeen hours, so he decided to stop the whole Q and A thing for today.

"Well I need to go home to...uh...rearranged some stuff." Hunter said, and stood up from his chair. "Hope you recover soon."

Dustin smiled, "alright ill see you around." He said softly as hunter announced his departure. Seeing it was only him and Lucas now he smiled, "thank you for putting up with me.. I've been told im a lot to handle." He finally said after a couple of minutes before a nurse had came in with some pills and water. Dustin didnt know what they where but he didnt want to make a fuss about it as he took the pills and finished off with water, shivering at the bad taste left in his mouth and the nuse started examing his condition. When she was done she smiled, "well dustin the infection has gone down, and your parents will be here tomorrow to pick you up." She explained happily before leaving the room.

Hearing this Dustin froze. Any breath he had either wouldn't come in or was stuck inside his chest, "how did they find me.." he wandered out loud. Stairing at his lap, from a distance he looked so fragile and weak, like a startled child.

"Well I have a brother who's ten-years younger and a sister who's only two." Lucas replied to Dustin's statement about him. "You're nothing compared to them in terms of being a frustrating twat."

Lucas chuckled and then a nurse walked in to check on Dustin's condition. When the nurse said that Dustin's parents were going to visit and take away the injured boy, Lucas immediately stopped chuckling and quickly formed a worrying face. All their efforts to break Dustin away from his family would all be for nothing. Thinking quickly, Lucas turned to the nurse before she left the ward and said, "Umm actually when are they going to pick him up?"

The nurse stopped and turned to face Lucas. "Around 10 in the morning if I recall." The nurse informed, before walking away.

Lucas then checked the drips that were still flowing through Dustin's veins. It was almost empty, and that gave him a quick breath of relief.

"Yo, I'm going outside for a bit." Lucas said to Dustin, before walking out. He then went to a quiet place and dialled Hunter's number.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Hunter shouted, dropping everything that he was holding as Lucas explained what was going to happen to Dustin afterwards. "How are we suppose to get him out then?"
"Why do you think I called you?" Lucas replied over the phone. "Well the good news is he's on his last bag of IV...Maybe we can bust him out?"
"No." Hunter said firmly, while using the other hand to rub his temples in a clockwise direction. "We'll attract too much attention. I'll visit again at night after I finish rearranging the house." And then Hunter hung up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunter kept his promise and came back the hospital at night time. There he started talking to Dustin again. "Do you want to go back?"

Dustin was paler then before he lost all his blood, "no.. please dont let me go back." He begged hunter with tears in his eyes. Seeing that there wasnt much of choice overall he started shaking in terror. On his heart monitor you could see his heart rate raising as if he had just ran 12 miles, "h-h-hunter.. I-i cant breath. ." He said softly quickly going into an anxiety attack. His mind had shut off and his chest felt as if a water dam had broke and he was drawning, "I dont wanna go home.." he reapeated starting to shake more he couldn't hear hunter yelling to him or the nurses coming in has he started clawing at himself as if trying to find the edge and pull himself free of this discomfort. Before he knew it he was screaming and crying about not wanting to go home and for someone to help him, then the word faded black.

When he woke up again it was long into the night, "what happen.." he grumbled rubbing his eyes as he noticed hand held bruises on his forearms. Then the memory had hit him of the anxiety attack about going home and he brought his hands to his face letting out a groan, "im so pathetic..." he grumbled thinking how hunter must of hated him by now

Hunter noticed that Dustin was having what seem to be an anxiety attack after being asked that question. Shit, I should've not done that. Not sure what to do as he was stressing out internally, Hunter gripped tightly onto Dustin's arms to stop him from shaking. Meanwhile, Lucas immediately registered the situation and quickly called a nurse to help them calm Dustin down.

Despite the number of nurses rushing in to help to restrain Dustin, it was still difficult effort for them to get Dustin to relax. At this point, Hunter snapped and started yelling Dustin's name in an effort to calm him down.

Although highly doubted that his words reach to Dustin's ears, when Dustin slipped into an unconscious state, Hunter let out a relieved sigh. Just then, a nurse came up towards Hunter and asked what had happened.

Hunter, with no choice, had to explain. "He...uh...is really scared to go back home." Hunter answered, before explaining the whole story to the nurse, then finally asking. "Can we please take him home?"

"Hmmm because of the Dustin's condition right now, I don't think he'll be able to leave the hospital tomorrow." the nurse replied. "I'll tell his parents that Dustin's not quite ready to leave yet."

"Don't tell them why." Hunter firmly replied, paranoid that the nurse might accidentally spill.

The nurse nodded before leaving the ward. Straight after, Lucas patted Hunter on the back as a way to say goodbye and left as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunter sighed in relief as Dustin woke up again. "Don't worry about it, you won't be going home with your parents...for now at least. I'll think of a way to get you to come with me."

With that in mind, Hunter slowly leaned forward and gently touched Dustin's forehead with his forehead. "I promise."

Dustin blushed not knowing how to respond to this way of interaction and his face sooned was the color of a tomato, "whats a promise?" He asked looking into hunters eyes curiously then started to study hunters facing concidering it was this close already. Without thinking he started to smile at the sight of hunter and started to get used to this strange thing hunter was doing.

Though he trusted hunter more then anything he had before and heart started to pound hard in his chest, he was actually afraid of hunter being able to hear it... then remembered the heart monitor tracking his heart and turned more red than before.

Hunter sighed again, his forehead still resting on Dustin's. "A promise is when you declare that you will do something. And by 'will' I mean not 'maybe' or 'possibly', but as in 'definitely'."

After that explanation, Hunter pulled his head away from Dustin's forehead. He didn't even know why he did that in the first place. Maybe Hunter felt like that was going to reassure him? He turned his head towards the heart monitor, which the heartbeat reading was a lot higher than before. What?

He turned back towards Dustin's face, only to see his face fully pink. Immediately, Hunter turned away and started blushing as well. This caused Hunter to realise why he cared for Dustin so much. It was simple.

He loved him...

Yet Hunter didn't understand why. He wasn't a big fan of romance, which was why you never see him getting involved in his friends' relationship issues. He didn't even know how he ended up feeling this way for Dustin. Annoyed, he clenched his fists and then walked away,before saying "Tomorrow night, I'm going to try and take you to my home."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"URGHHH!!!" Hunter slammed his fist onto the wall as soon as he went back home, frustrated with the emotions that was boiling inside him. "He's going to throw me in all sorts of danger but I can't leave him alone!"

Hunter then slouched onto the sofa, and rolled around like a barrel on its side. Slapping himself with both of his hands, Hunter tried to think of the reason why he loved him. They barely knew each other as well. Frustrated, he fell face first into the sofa and fell asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As promised, when night came by, Hunter rushed to the hospital and into Dustin's ward. When he saw Dustin getting prepared, Hunter smiled and asked "You ready?"

Dustin smiled at hunter, "of course just let me put on my shirt first." He chuckled and grabbed his black muscle shirt. After the doctors had helped him his torso looked a lot more healthier to the point where you could actually see his muscularity and his shirt definitely helped him in that aspect as well. Throwing his back pack he ran his fingers through his shaggy black hair but started to notice hunter staring at him out the corner of his eye which made his heart do the weird fluttery thing that is seemed only hunter could make him have, "lets go!" He cheered happy to be free from the needles and pills. As he tied hunters jacket around his waist he followed hunter at the other mans ready.

As they left the hospital Dustin couldn't help but look over his shoulder at the big building and smiled. Finally noticing the beauty of the town he was in, with the city lighta gleeming with the stars and a few drunken people walked by them on the sidewalk acting weird and lovey with eachother, they sung out loud to give love a bad name by bon jovi which made dustin shake his head and chuckle, "people are strange." He noted to himself catching back up with hunter, loving the feeling of the crisp air hugging his bare arms and peeking sides.

The second Dustin said he was ready, Hunter flashed another grin again and signalled him to follow.

When they walked out, the air was quite chilly and despite not being that cold right now compared to other days, but it was still cold enough for Hunter to slip his hands into the big pocket on his hoodie. Although it was night time, the city was very much awake. Restaurants and night clubs were still open. Neon light filled the sky with its fluorescent colours, as well as the traffic jams that filled the atmosphere with their noise. Of course, there were still hordes of people walking down the footpath. Some people were going home, some were losing their balance on the footpath because they had too much to drink.

When Dustin commented that the people were very weird, Hunter only let out a little chuckle. "Well, the things happening around you are the things you have been missing out on for 14 years. We can hang out here if you like, although not today since I want you to settle down a bit."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luxury-Apartment-Take-Advantage-of-Dramatic-Views-of-the-City.jpg

"Here we are." Hunter opened the door to his apartment. Unlike most teenagers, Hunter actually lived alone, which is why he was able to allow Dustin to live in his home because he didn't need to get permission from his parents. "My father's a very wealthy businessman and he wanted me to go to the school here but we lived on the other end of the state and my mother didn't want to move...so he ended up giving me this apartment."

Hunter gave Dustin a quick tour of the apartment, before showing him. It was obviously not as big as Dustin's estate, but for two people, there was enough living space for them both, as well as enough space to throw random parties in the middle of the night. "You wanna quickly unpack your things now?" Hunter asked.​

Dustin looked around in awe as hunter explained his living situation and gave him a tour, "sure, but dude you're house looks pretty cool, better then mine." He chuckled as he looked around some more and got side tracked looking out the window over the city, "woah.." was he could say has he looked at everything taking in everything the city had to offer from this veiw. Playing with his lip ring a little he then remember he was supposed to unpack his stuff and he returned to hunter, "so how many rooms do you own?" He asked a little curious as to what all hunter had to himself.

"Uhhhh...I never actually counted." Hunter replied, before lifting his fingers to count the rooms he had in this apartment. "There's 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 lounges for some reason and a kitchen that's connected to the dining area. So in total that adds up to 9 rooms?"

"I rarely use the other bedrooms, though." Hunter added, before placing his hands on the back of his head. "In fact, the bedroom I had setted up for you was actually my dumping grounds for miscellaneous shit."

When they arrived at the door of Dustin's room, Hunter opened the door and allowed Dustin to step in first. "Here we are. Your new room. It also as the other bathroom."

Luxury-penthouse-design-11.jpg

Dustin looked at it in awe, "this is so cool!" He cheered and started walking around looking and touching everything just like a child would. When he was done he yet again remembered he was supposed to unpack his things and blushed, "sorry im a little distratable." He admitted playing with his lip ring then walked over and unpacked what little he had and tossed the packback in a random corner.

"Don't worry," Hunter replied, patting Dustin on the back. "Take your time to get used to your new home. I'll get dinner ready. You don't mind having spaghetti bolognese?"

Hunter walked out of Dustin's new room before heading into the kitchen to start cooking. Although he had been living alone for a few years already, he still dreaded cooking, not because of him being afraid that he will burn the house down, but more because of the fact that he had to wash a gazillion pots and dishes afterwards. However, right now, his stomach and possibly Dustin's stomach was calling for food, so Hunter went to the pantry and grabbed a bag of spaghetti and a can of tomato sauce, as well as a bag of meat mince from the fridge.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yo Dustin," Hunter yelled across the apartment. "Dinner's ready."

The smell of freshly-cooked spaghetti filled the dining room with its meaty aroma causing Hunter grumble automatically. He waited for Dustin to come out of his room and sit down before scooping some of the pasta into his mouth. The atmosphere was still a bit awkward though, so Hunter naturally decided to start up some small talk.

"Is there anything else you want to do in the near future?" Hunter asked after finishing his mouthful of food, before slurping more pasta down his mouth.

Dustin walked out and saw the food. He hadn't realized how hungry he was until he stepped out of his room, "thanks man." He said taking a bit. Then he heard hunters question, "I wanna be normal and eventually do something with myself so I can go back to my house and show my parents that I did something they never could." He explained taking another bit, "what bout you?" He asked curiously.

Hunter immediately turned his head away, annoyed by Dustin's ambiguous answer. "Can you be a bit more specific? Like I don't want to cry and whine about how you wanted to go to the movies instead when we are going out shopping. I'll let you decide okay?"

"Do you honestly want to go back to your family?" Hunter still disagreed with Dustin wanting to go back soon. He really shouldn't. If he were to show off everything that he and Hunter were going to do then Dustin's going to dig himself a grave. That's when he realised Dustin doesn't really know the consequences of some of the decisions he would like to make.

"You know," Hunter started as his gulped down the pasta. "You probably shouldn't show off to your parents about all of...this. I'm really concerned that if you go back, they'll actually kill you."

Dustin looked down feeling a little bad, "do you think ill ever be normal?.." he asked softly, hunter did have a point he was putting on a front but it wasn't the front hunter was thinking.. he was just trying to stop himself from bawling, honestly he'd probably cry later tonight. He just tried telling himself if he could go, years later from now and show his parents that he can become something more then a rag doll to push around, maybe they'd love him again. Even though he told him self this he knew it'd probably never happen, and hunter was right they'd probably try to kill him on spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.