Neko, Kitsune and other cutesy callings

(Expressing my interest, don't mind me).

Also, if you wanted to bring back the 'oriental fantasy' aspect, you could say that these kitsunes & cutesy nekos & such were still worshipped amongst certain nations--but with the advancement of technology and science, people came to learn that these below are nothing more than a genetic mutation mother nature cursed upon earth.

...as such, I think there would be many nations hell-bent on destroying these "mutants", but at the same time, the nations who worshipped them would try their best to protect their "god(desse)s". Hence, they'd pool all of their currency together, and send the young* ones up to outer space, whilst keeping the elderly* ones down on Earth.

Notes:
-Idea: Kind of splices from the following ideas above, but I'm pretty interested in those ideas as well.
*Young/Elderly: Depending on how you want to portray these species, the young can be anywhere from under the age of thirty...to under the age of 100? And vice versa with the elderly.

--Also, there's the possibility of an "unknown" factor. As in, the space-dwellers probably have no clue where they are going, but as long as it's AWAY from Earth, they should be fine, right?

Fun fact: Maybe the classification of "kitsune/neko mythology" can be based off of colors? Like, black can stand for death/bad luck/evil, and red can stand for war/violence/anger/bloodshed?

• Love
Reactions: ResidentPagan
I'm really interested in this! I don't know exactly what I could add right now in way of plot/setting, but I read over what @Proficiency posted and I'm in love with it. (However, I doubt you'd have to count me out if we didn't go with that in the end.)

I'm really interested in this! I don't know exactly what I could add right now in way of plot/setting, but I read over what @Proficiency posted and I'm in love with it. (However, I doubt you'd have to count me out if we didn't go with that in the end.)

Is the idea you are interested the one with or without the call for ethnic cleansing? Thats the important part ._.

Note when i say that i don't mean that IS what is happening but tensions are to the point where some people would be calling for that.

Basically, how sharp to do you want the edge to be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the idea you are interested the one with or without the call for ethnic cleansing? Thats the important part ._.

Note when i say that i don't mean that IS what is happening but tensions are to the point where some people would be calling for that.

Basically, how sharp to do you want the edge to be?
Honestly, it's fine by me either way. I like dark stuff, but I also just came back from quite a long break and something lighter could be nice. Still, I'd like to emphasize that I'm interested either way.

Reactions: SODANK
*Raises hand* I can has RP?

*Raises hand* I can has RP?

Okay, No, no

Them, Yes. You? No, absolutely not. What went though your skull to think you could have RP? Like i wanna know the exact thought you had when you saw this thread that made you come in here and think you can just ask for some RP. I should find you so i can smack the living fuck out of you and replace it with some common sense

But yeah sure, you can has RP, be cool to have you aboard.

Yay!

• Love
Reactions: SODANK
So, given that some people have asked for/others are completely fine with it, we will be going for a lighter RP. (Apt, given what I titled this interest check. Honestly, look at the name and tell me you expected something that didn't lean towards light).

That being said, history and world-building aside, plot-wise, I wanted something more flexible; where the future could be changed if need be. My fear is that if we go with looking for a new planet, then the story will end at that point…and I hate endings. Usually. More often than not.

Hence-forth so being, light heartedness! The history and world-building can mostly be kept as is (minus racism. I'd like to think that the human race is smart enough to not start a war with what would count as another sentient species, if not humans as well), and the incentive to go into space being exploration of some sort. Perhaps a planet rush for fame and fortune, to leave a mark upon the universe.

Thoughts? Criticism? Please don't hold back.

Oriental fantasy-wise…I kept thinking of school, slice-of-life style with some level of magic somehow. Please tell me if your thoughts were elsewhere!

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Oriental-wise, magic would definitely be a feature. After all, how else were kitsunes and the like supposed to make the people revere them and not see them as pests or just equals? I like what @Raven Haruka said about the colours with the mythology and think could easily be taken somewhere should we choose to go down that route. Slice-of-life would probably how it goes down, though I'm hesitant to go with the school idea if we're going with the "kitsunes/nekos as gods" as that might restrict it a tad. However, we could play with the idea of descendants of former "gods/goddesses" going to school and seeing how they fit in there.

Looking for a new planet wouldn't necessarily have to be the end of the RP in that sense; there would likely be conflict on every planet. They could be chased off by hostile life forms, or intergalactic groups could be tailing them for various reasons.

We could have our characters be cartographers, researchers or something of that variety; bouncing from planet to planet, meeting new races and mapping out the systems they're currently in, gathering samples to sell to other researchers on home planets. That lets us play around with weird and wacky races, terrains and weather behaviour amongst other intergalactic factors like bases or something.

There's a possibility to have a kind of "magic" there too; perhaps our explorers could have different personalised equipment, since they came from different planets, that let them do different things? So for example, one has a backpack from which robotic arms can extend to pick up samples, or a small robot that can detect danger, things like that. If our characters come from a particularly weird or experimental planet they could have a body modification beyond the existing neko/kitsune/etc (for example, my character Phaedra was mutated as a result of a failed experiment and controls blue mist, and the whole Cyberdark family she created are constantly hooked up to the internet and are essentially personified data) but they could also have things like weapons or particular devices that serve various purposes attached to them.
^That's wandering a bit more into fantasy/sci-fi crossovers and it might not be too realistic so feel free to criticise that idea.

In terms to the sifi idea I got no issue rolling with a light hearted tale. Just hope we aren't talking about some Sunday morning cartoon light heartedness. I enjoy the taste of sweet and salt mixed together so if some grim is tossed in every now and then i'd be happy.

I'd also offer to help GM this in regards to help making a universe. I like to think I'm good at creating factions and playing politics with them. Could help set up plots and storylines with that.

Sadly not interested in the Oriental fantasy idea

I'm still good with all of the above. It all sounds fun to me~ If it isn't, we can make it. ´ ^´)ง

Reactions: :Cosmic:
Whatever it is, if it's Kemonomimi, count me in!

I suppose I'm interested, depending on what final idea everyone agrees on (or if everyone finally agrees on one).

Alright, alright, let's see what I can do.

My ideas might extend beyond classic kemonomimi that's generally associated with mammalian features.

Oriental Fantasy.

Futtachi - an animal that has outlived its natural lifespan, allowing it to gain occult powers and human sapience.

Tsukumogami - an inanimate object that has existed for a hundred years, allowing it to achieve sentience and occult capabilities.

These two types of beings were on uneven ends with each other, often bickering and fighting, until one day, their populations stopped increasing.

Animals died naturally and inanimate objects began to age out after a century.

It turns out that the Life Core - the very thing giving them life and sapience - is gone from a very important shrine. This Core is also what gives magic to all in the land, and without it, everyone's magic is slowly, but surely, fading.

But, who is the thief?

Putting their differences aside, they must work together to find the thief, or else their kinds will be extinct forever. A world without animal people or object people - such a reality must be stopped!

Occidental Fantasy.

There are lots of different kinds of races that can be intepreted as kemonomimi. If we go by some sort of Fairy RP and use the more traditional fairies as opposed to stereotypical ones, there can be Cait Siths, Cu Siths, Pucas, Undines, Salamanders and so on.

Or we could lump everyone under Therianthrope and call it a day.

Science Fiction

Different planets, different kinds of animal people. I suppose we could pull inspiration from Asobi no Iku Yo.

My more modern-ish ideas have too many similarities to MonMusu.

The idea of different animal people existing on different planets is interesting. Playing around with ideas of inexperience with other races, cultural differences/clashes/shocks etc.

Personally I think we have a more solid idea for a Sci-Fi RP as opposed to an Oriental Fantasy RP, so that seems like the more likely option. I like both ideas strongly, but we seem to have been unconsciously leaning more towards a Sci-Fi RP whilst brainstorming ideas.

Honestly I am liking the idea of scifi... If only because I have never seen one full of fluffbutts...
But do not listen to me! My brain farts out things like cyborgs fighting with music!

Interested, maybe. Depends largely on what the posting speed is predicted to be. (Also I haven't read any of the plot suggestions yet. I'll have to come back to that.)

I'll say this now; I'm most definitely pushing us towards the sci-fi path, will create CS and sign up later. You know, after exams.

So give me a week and 2-3 days. Sorry!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 2 people