Neko, Kitsune and other cutesy callings

S

Sairento

Original poster
Haven't thought of a plot. Or a setting. Nothing really.

Just has to have what's mentioned in the title; nekos, kitsunes, cutesy things. (Because Discord chat showed interest! And honestly, this sort of game should exist, even just briefly.)

Reply for interest. And to help. (My thoughts was to immediately go for space crew. Because it could be the most adorable (and if so chosen most deadly) crew in the universe. And because I need a space crew.)

• Love
Reactions: Jarred
Yay! I'm here.

I have a couple of kitsunies and some other cuties that I like to play. I'm interested.

Haven't thought of a plot. Or a setting. Nothing really.

Just has to have what's mentioned in the title; nekos, kitsunes, cutesy things. (Because Discord chat showed interest! And honestly, this sort of game should exist, even just briefly.)

Reply for interest. And to help. (My thoughts was to immediately go for space crew. Because it could be the most adorable (and if so chosen most deadly) crew in the universe. And because I need a space crew.)

When I see those, I immediately think of something more Oriental Fantasy-based.

So... do you want them to be very human-like aliens like the peeps in Asobi no Iku Yo?

When I see those, I immediately think of something more Oriental Fantasy-based.

So... do you want them to be very human-like aliens like the peeps in Asobi no Iku Yo?
I assumed something like this, but with Kitsunes added and more adorable:

SCP Stealing Solidarity Hub

Yay! Interest!

And yes, Crow, human-like was what I thought of.

Interested.

Great!

So, because I also need help with setting/plot (actually, really need help. Pitch ideas please), I'll make a short list of the ideas so far

-Ideas-
Oriental Fantasy
Space-crew Fantasy

Please reply (or somehow contact me) with ideas please!

:lunaspin:

Kinda interested

Perhaps war.

Or a select few being chosen-someway-to go on a journey maybe all from different places but somehow conveniently meet and face against something big. Like.. A Boss. Maybe mainly focused on gaining abilities by defeating minor lords or finding some kind of weapon/artifact along the way. Not much different from war I guess.

Or these guys all held captive plotting to get away from their creator or "owner"or something but at the same time some may be a bit reluctant and try to go against yhe main group.

Mn.. Trying to get accepted into society?

Or war again. Except with each other. Fox faction, dog, faction, cat faction, etc. Alliances here and there.

Or a setting in space with the group (Each from a different race yet all in an alliance of sorts-could be shakey-)meeting humanity and surprise surprise. War again.

There's also that reoccurring school theme.

Ah or a descent into madness theme where humans get exposed to something

-be it something they made or something that's totally alien-

That causes them to slowly turn to animals. It can start with ears and/or tail, be followed with traits like increased sense, behaviot, and eventually end with becoming an actual animal at the end if they dont fix it.

Idk. Randomly throwing random stuff out there. Last one doesn't seem like actual kemonomimi stuff but it's still cute. oh well.

I don't mind any really. I've just had a few characters in mind for awhile. They'd like to breathe. n .n

Tossing together a few things @Iceydaze said.

The story could be sifi with nekos/kits and whatever else fleeing the influence of a oppressive faction who either A. Wants to enslave them. B. Wants to purge them or C. Simply doesn't want them around.

Our humble little cast would then be fleeing this sphere of influence to do one of two things. A. Find a world outside jurisdiction of any faction or B. Flee to the borders of a more accepting and tolerant faction.

If you go route B then the story could be about making our way there but something happens and we gave to abandoned ship on some desolate world...or just have the rp be about heading all the way out there.

Reactions: Iceydaze
Interested!

We could have it regarding heading all the way out there like @Proficiency and @Iceydaze said, but perhaps if it gets that far we could go on about how they would integrate into the new faction? Perhaps the idea of still having some opposition there.

If going with option A or B, we could play around with the idea of a chase, figuring out how to hide their ship from their oppressors and a race against time to get out of their territory and find somewhere safe; option C would be a tragedy, perhaps with the characters fighting to stay but eventually being forced to leave.
Also allows us to play around with the idea of traitors. If we go with A or B, we could have one of the cast secretly be plotting against them and sending info back to the oppressive faction to help track them down. In that case, it could lead into a war between the two factions if the more tolerant one were to accept them as refugees, and from there we could either have our characters be used as a bargaining chip for peace or work with the new faction to try and bring down the one they fled from?

Regarding oriental fantasy; we could play around with the idea of some species (e.g. foxes) being revered as "gods"- perhaps good and bad gods (playing into mythology a bit)? Could then play around with the issue of acceptance, worship going to some character's heads and having to be brought down by others/turning on their companions because their ego gets too big and they believe they no longer need friends- regarding that, could have a pre-existing character (controlled by OP?) who sees themselves as a true "god" because they're revered/feared by humans, and their friends could be trying to bring them back down/stop them as they get gradually more and more controlling/reckless?
Could also play around with the idea of a monarchy; either the creatures (for lack of a better term) are ruling a monarchy or trying to bring one down, or perhaps both- some could be involved in the monarchy serving various purposes, and others could be attempting to bring it down.
Here we could have another divide between the various races depending on whether or not we want to go down that path, for example, kitsunes rule over the people and nekos try to bring it down. Something variously along those lines.

• Love
Reactions: Iceydaze
@Sairento @Minerva @ArsenicArachnid @Malicious_Issac @Iceydaze @Dragon-Zubicu @Crow @OddlyEverAfter

Pinging everyone in this thread becasue I'm about to blow the fucking roof off it.

I got your sifi plot all right here, the OP of this thread has full right to make this Rp, I'm just giving him the fucking idea he WANTS. I sadly have little experience with Fantasy so i only have a siifi idea...though it could be flipped for fantasy

So check this, Humanity has entered a golden age of technology. They haven't just now discovered [insert space flight technology], they've known about space travel for about a decade now and since then have reaped unimaginable rewards from its discovery. Their scientific boundaries were shattered now they could study materials from other worlds. They effectively created new ways to make life on foreign worlds comfortable and enjoyable. They observed how life reacted to theses new worlds and studied the organisms found on theses worlds. Though this humanity unlocked new secrets about their own biology. They created cures for diseases and illnesses they once thought were too complex to ever counter. Replicate limbs from DNA too create perfect replacements for any amputations. But their biggest discovery was technology to change a person's appearance thought altering the person's genetic structure. Facial structure, skin tone, eye color and even hair style. It could give you a entire new look or just make that one change to make yourself look better about your appearance.

The popularity for this "vanity" technology made it go commercial only 2 years after its discovery. So long as you didn't have a criminal record and had the funds to purchase it. Your genetics would become your play thing. There was of course plenty of controversy behind the technology. Especially when the black market picked it up to allow criminals to change their appearances after getting clear from a crime. I made it harder to keep track of criminals as DNA would change with use. This could also make fingerprints obsolete lintel. Thankfully, only the more "higher up" and more dangerous criminals had access to this privilege. Typical everyday criminals could still be tracked down.

But that never stopped companies from investing more and more in enhancing the quality of the tech. Eventually it went too far when they discovered how to splice species together. In very limited range, the genetics of certain mammals can be combined with human genetics. It wasn't powerful enough to fully turn a human into another creature (sorry furies) and in fact had a 100% rate of killing the subject if they pushed splicing too far. Ears and tails of different animals was all they could really achieve, but that was enough to turn some heads.

At first, it seemed revolutionary to combine the genetics of their native creatives with their own. It was a new form of expression, to some it showed ho much you loved theses creatures and wanted to be more like them to connect with them. It all seemed wonderful and peaceful, until humanity's natural prejudice kicked in. See with genetics modified with this splicing, this effected offspring from theses people. Families were giving birth to human babies with features of foxes, cats and whatever the fuck else they spliced themselves with. Theses new generations also started adopting the natural instinct of their genetic ancestors . They were still human and acted human but had quirks that came off as strange and distasteful to those who remained "pure". Many saw them as mutants or animals that needed to be tossed into the wild away from human civilization. Tensions were obvious among communities. Many spliced humans migrated to northern colonies to get away from the core worlds that were slowly growing more and more conservative.

The moment that blew this bomb up was a horrific nightmare in a colony on the border between the "Neko" colonies and Human colonies. A twisted human being one evening went up to a Kitsune mother carrying her child. Shot the mother, then the child and went on a ear blistering rant on purifying the gene pool again. That shooting that child was a symbol of ending reproduction of the mutants. This got blasted over all forms of media and the populations of Nekos within the human colonies erupted in riots. Mutinies in the auxiliary forces of the navy sprung all over. For a moment, there was nothing but chaos among the stations and colonies of human kind. The Neko colonies of the north ceded from the Human colonies in favor of making a nation free of their prejudice and hate.

War was not the immediate response. But a cold war, was the response. Navy's from both sides established a killzone between their borders. No traffic was possible between the two nations. This cut off so many nekos in human territory, now stuck in a worse situation. If you weren't on one of the border worlds then you were in for a horrific time with the locals. The only hope for many of them was to brave a corridor of unclaimed space called "Outcast's path". A gigantic pool of stars that proved too be far too expensive to claim ownership of. But proved to be a home for Corporations, pirate sects and other parties wishing to escape the confines of the goverment. It was the only stretch of space that was mapped out that leads to the Neko borders that didn't have a killzone.

--------------------------------------------------------

So..with this, you can have the adventure of trying to cross the border - or find a home in Outcast's Path.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tip my hat to you, because that is absolutely stunning, dear friend.
I'm absolutely down with roleplaying with that plot.

Also to clarify further.

In the plot i set, the tech to alter your genetics would be banned by the time we start the rp..if we start it.

The only way you would have become a neko,kitsune or whatever kind of furry little shit. Is too be descendents of those who did useverything the tech to alter their genetics. 2nd or 3rd generation.

Although I do want it to be later generationshe and spin the angle of the spliced humans sorta forgetting why they did it in the first place. The tech is not around anymore (at least in legal hands). Children were being born with these features, this wasn't some choice they made at their genetics splicing clinic. All they know is that they too are different than humans.

Sounds good (read: amazing) Proficiency. I'd say more, but I need about…18 hours to give a better reponse.

Well, I think I may be out. I like the setting, but I just finished designing a few Dark Heresy campaigns and am writing a Cyberpunk book. I wanted something adorable like Kitsunes and nekos to give me a break from the grimdark, wartorn settings I've been doing recently.

Now, if we did something like Firefly but with Nekos and Kitsunes...

A Space Opera/Western with Chinese and Japanese influences. We could even have the dark political and megacorporate plots while also having crazy space adventures and cute nekos/Kitsunes doing cute things.

I don't know, just an alternate suggestion. Also, @Proficiency have you been watching The Expanse? Because if the UN was the primary government in your idea, it'd basically be the setting of The Expanse but with Kitsunes and cat girls.

@Minerva I do tend to make a bunch of grim dark material. But thankfully I believe the core of my idea can still be used in a more sugary setting.

We could simply just cut out the racial tensions (I.E cut out the mother and child getting shot, as well as the preaching for ethnic cleansing) and just have nekos be a thing.

That's what my effort towards that plot i presented really was all about - giving a sifi environment where it doesn't feel like nekos are just tossed in. But rather they are apart of the universe though sifi technology.

So if we do want something edgy, we go the route with the racism. If not, then we go the other route of the two races coexisting rather smoothly

As for the Expanse. I've never seen it before ._.

I'm not interested in joining, but I do have an idea of sorts. Maybe a gang war plot? With nekos v. kitsune?

Perhaps the un-modified humans would want to see how the nekos and kitsunes (etc) would do in space? Since they couldn't get actual animals up there and get as accurate results, they'd send up humans that had been modified to create these new species because they wanted to see how they differed from humanity in how they go about space exploration/survival

Less dark, very base plot, I'm just tossing a random idea out there from off the top of my head.