Nefastus Lupata Academy: The Return of TJA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recovering from a surgery at the moment.
I'll do my best.

Is this still a thing?

Still here! Just getting back into things after Christmas.

Alright, so....first off, happy new year, everyone! Hope everyone is starting 2015 on a good foot, enjoying Winter Break, if you still have that, drinking plenty of hot coco or vodka.....or if you're me, both ;P

So...I've been gone for a while. I've kept a lot of people waiting, and I apologize deeply for that. This last semester was murder, and while I managed to do better than last year, I still am no where close to where I want to be. In animation, in art and cosplay, or in life in general. I haven't been happy with myself in a long time, and I'm trying to change that in 2015. I mean, this time of year is meant for resolutions anywho, right? It says, having skipped a 5th day of it's daily workout routine....

Unfortunately, that's not going to be easy. I need to really focus, and make sure I give myself plenty of time to get work done, because regardless I know there will be plenty of times where I am distracted or simply have no motivation for the day. I'm giving up some things to focus on moving forward, and unfortunately that includes quitting NLA.

I'm not going to shut down the thread or anything, that wouldn't be fair to any of you who have waited so patiently to get the story back in action again. I'll be choosing a new GM, and I'll work with the people that my NPCs are holding up to figure out what happened to them. And who knows; maybe down the line, I can jump in again, but I'm definitely done GMing. It's been a fantastic 3 years leading this RP, meeting you all, getting our characters into all sorts of fuckery and chaos. And even if I can't come back, I'm going to stay in touch with all of you; you all know I'm on skype so often, and while I might have a bad habit of letting my phone die on me.....a lot.....I try to get to any texts sent my way ASAP. Plus I might pop into the OOC every now and again to see how everyone is doing.

Have fun everyone! ^_^ And thank you!

Well, sorry to hear you're too busy to keep up with this, Roo, but, good luck with everything else in life! ^^

SO UM apparently I'm GM now.

FAIR WARNING it will take me like a couple days to a week before I can really do anything and get this place organized again if anyone's even still here to read this.

Roo ... it had been a pleasure to RP under your GMing. Too bad we can't go on with you in charge. :(

And Kaga as long as there is an active TJA installment you can count on me being in it. I fell in love with this place :) and I plan to do my best to RP in it and thous keep it alive.

Roo ... it had been a pleasure to RP under your GMing. Too bad we can't go on with you in charge. :(

And Kaga as long as there is an active TJA installment you can count on me being in it. I fell in love with this place :) and I plan to do my best to RP in it and thous keep it alive.
Awesome! I'll see if I can do some work for this place this weekend or something.

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think I'll continue to participate. I haven't posted in weeks and I've little to no motivation to.
I'll continue to keep an eye on it though. I wish you luck with your endeavors.

This is not baskerville btw. Hey is it free for me to rejoin the rp now?

This is not baskerville btw. Hey is it free for me to rejoin the rp now?
Yeah, since I already said I was for giving you a clean slate and all.

I could still kick you out again if you cause trouble, though. But since I don't like to hold grudges, hopefully I won't have any reason to.

what kind of trouble would i cause? baskerville aside

what kind of trouble would i cause? baskerville aside
Roo's primary concerns were characters whose powers/backstories didn't make sense, stirring up fights all the time with the intention of using your OP characters and causing drama between RPers.

Granted, I didn't entirely agree on all of these points, but I did see where she was coming from. Avoid these and you should be fine.

well I diiiddd explain only one of my characters were the kind to fight and that i wasnt going to indulge in fighting as much as the past.

but im not going to be making characters that are all about fighting anymore. im putting all of that into my webcomics now.

NOW THEN.

tamaki.gif

LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS.

Let's start with the obvious: players who have left.

Firstly, there's Roo. She says she wants all her characters to become NPC's from this point on. To those of you who were held up by one of Roo's characters: she should've already contacted you.

Secondly, Flames said she'll be leaving us. I'll post more on what this means for her characters later.

Thirdly, Kuroku hasn't left but we have agreed that things will be sort of clean slate with her, which means she'll be starting over with new characters. Therefore, all the old characters will presumably be written off in some way. Requests, Kuroku?

Fourthly, as so many people have presumably left during this long hiatus, I'll probably have to contact a lot of people to see if they're still around.

Fifthly, I'll create a character list that I can keep up-to-date on the OP, as the 2nd post on this OOC is, thankfully, mine, so it'll be easy to use that as an information dump for everything Roo won't be managing anymore. This includes a list of races and ambassadors (speaking of which — I will be archiving the race sheets and I'll be more diligent about people getting those in), room arrangements, and of course CS's. Archiving all this info will be a good chance to see who's still around.

Lastly, the IC. This'll be the hardest thing to straighten out and get moving again, so I probably won't put a ton of effort into that until I've straightened out simply who's still here and who isn't.

If you're reading this post and you're still in the game, then please, post here saying so. So far, the only two people whom I've confirmed since Roo's announcement are still here are Gamer and Kuro. Confirming for me that you're still around will make my job a lot easier. Thanks.

So I changed my mind and took a look at the IC anyway, and drew up an activity chart that I think covers everyone. Here's what I've figured out:

Ex and Lewis are currently held up by Leay. @Phantom Zero is still around, so there's really no reason for this whole group to be held up. @AllSmudgedUp, if you're still around, please post so we can keep moving. (If Smudge is gone, Ex and Lewis can just time skip or something.)

Neptune is being held up by Zix. If @Parsee Mizuhashi posts, this can just continue as normal.

Similarly, Bram is being held up by Root, so if Parsee posts, we should be fine. Except I think Nox is involved in that interaction somehow...? So we'll have to get that one out of the action first, but I don't think that will be too difficult. (Edit: No wait, Roo's characters are NPC's now. You can play Nox if you need to.)

Additionally there's this great big mess of an interaction with Eri, Orion, Locke, Niniane, Katsuraga and Aria that is understandably very confused about what should happen. Obviously Roo's characters are out, and I don't know if @YamiCuoreLaroux and @☆Luna☆ (I hope you realize how difficult your name is to tag) are still willing to RP. The easiest solution here is a time skip. Everyone in this picture will be free, so we don't need to worry too much about who's still here. If Luna is still here, though, then Niniane will probably stay with Aria (and I'll also have some details from Roo about how Locke to copy/paste later if you're still here, Luna).

Mona, Era and Aiace were all held up by @MoonTeller, but Alyx hasn't even been online in a while so for now I'm going to assume that he's essentially out of the RP. There's no real reason to write off his characters (especially if he comes back), but for now I think it's a safe bet to free up anyone he was interacting with. So if @Rain's still around, Era is free. Yami, Aiace is free. And Smudge, Mona is free. Just time skip out of whatever interactions you were all in with him.

Similarly, Jake was being held up by Snow, but @Shiro hasn't been online in months now, so I'm assuming she's left. @ProfessorNv, you can time skip out of whatever interaction you were in with her and consider Jake free.

Other free characters include: Moon, Aeolus, Deah, Riyako (@gamer5), and Fiona -- as Moon was with Chester before Roo left, and Roo already told me how Chester would leave that interaction so I can free Moon up again -- Aeolus was frozen up a long time ago but I've known I could time skip him and free him up for a while now -- and the other three weren't even in any sort of interaction when the RP froze up. (And this only includes characters that I've seen posts for on the last couple of IC pages -- there are probably more that have been inactive for longer.)

Between that and all the time skips, a good chunk of our player base is free, which means it should be easy to continue playing so long as there are still interested RPers ready to keep going.

If anyone's interested, Moon or Aeolus could easily run into a free character whose owner is still around. ^^ And Niniane and/or Orion might be similarly free, depending on how many people from that group are still around.

So yeah! Those of you potentially holding people up (especially @Parsee Mizuhashi and @AllSmudgedUp), please get back to me ASAP about whether or not you're still in this RP. If you're leaving, let me know so I can free others up. If you're not, then post already, because Roo's absence had nothing to do with the fact that you were keeping people frozen this whole time, so don't let it stop you now.

To those of you who are still here, still active and have characters that we know for sure are free, feel free to jump back in again!

Edit: An update on the situation (and clarification on the crossed out bits) here.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: ☆Luna☆
Actually, where it concerns the Locke, Niniane, Orion, Aria, Eri, and Katsuraga group -- I'll actually post the time skip myself in a moment, along with a quick departure for Locke.

Last edited:
Orion is officially freed up, if anyone wanted to interact with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.