Nefastus Lupata Academy: The Return of TJA

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess we're a magic school now, huh?
>.> I mean, I guess......even though despite it's name, NLA is much less a school and more of an embassy...
Eh.

I can kind of see how it would fit the general genre. *shrugs*

Also, if anyone here is caught up on Doctor Who... I need an outlet for ranting. @_@

Edit: Oh wow, it took me a second to notice how much things changed. @_@

So I guess we're a magic school now, huh?
>.> I mean, I guess......even though despite it's name, NLA is much less a school and more of an embassy...
The title contains the word Academy.
The school is full of magic and shit.
I wonder why the fuck anyone would label it 'magic school'. That just makes no sense whatsoever. I am confused and upset, waah waah.

ZKnN1.png

Today I learned that I'm far more obsessed with Doctor Who than I already thought I was, since I've apparently committed the galactic coordinates of Gallifrey to memory without realizing it.

Riyako Sayengawa

Name: Riyako Sayengawa "Bloodlust"
Sex: Female
Race: Cursed Being

Appearance:
Cute+Girl+black+hair+katana+kikivi+original+red+eyes+sword+thigh+highs+weapon++HD+Wallpaper+Background+Image+Photo+Picture.jpg

Personality:
Riyako's normal personality is that of a calmness and seriousness always mindful of ones appearance and utmost elegance as a swordswoman and inheritor of the Sayengawa Dojo. In the private moments with her sister or next door neighbor and lover she is an active, trough not-to-talkative, person of kindness and cheerfulness.
Under the effects of the curse Riyako can be barely considered human, she is more a bloodlusting beast which only seeks to kill anyone near her in the bloodiest way possible.

History:
Riyako lived a normal life as the younger and more talented of the two daughters of the Sayengawa Dojo. It was all broken one night by Riyako's older sister which, in a fit of envy - of her sister's skills, of her sister's position as the inheritor of the Dojo and as the lover of the man she loved. Forcing a local witch to conduct a powerful ritual Riyako's older sister cursed Riyako with a blood curse - a curse which feeds on blood - to become an avatar of bloodlust, making sure that her sister never breaks free of such a fate in this way. Under the effect of this curse Riyako, he sanity thrown away, kills all in the Sayengawa Dojo and the village, only her sister, Riyako's lover - hypnotized in a slave state by the witch - and the witch's family survive having escaped as soon as the curse was cast on Riyako. Realizing what shed did Riyako manages to make her way to Nagasaki and as a stowaway on a Dutch ship leaves Nippon.

From there on, pressured by the curse, Riyako works as a mercenary in various wars, returning to Japan after the Meiji restoration and learning that her sister's descendants as well as the descendants of that witch are still alive and are making sure that her curse doesn't disappear - trough at this point it is already so powerful that even a few millenniums would not make it disappear. There begins the last part of her story, the various wars of Imperial Japan in which she fought until the end of WWII. After that she bought a small island far from civilization and secluded herself on in until a few years ago she was visited by a mysterious visitor.

This person was named Traveler and he was a powerful mage, powerful enough to even face her under the effect of the curse and stop her. After two years of study Traveler managed to craft a bracer which allows Riyako to dampen the strength of her curse at 0, 20, 40, 60, 80 or 100 percent of the curse's strength. But soon after completing this Traveler had to leave to continue his endless journey. After a year of testing the bracer and proving it worked Riyako returned to Japan only to be invited to NLA moments later.

Other:
As a cursed being Riyako doesn't age. Cursed beings are also resistant to magics which attack or affect ones mind. Cursed being will live on as long as they have a brain or heart.
Riyako is an expert of the Sayengawa Style Swordsmanship. Riyako improved what she knew into her special style titled Ame no Kekkon (Bloodstained Rain).
Riyako's weapons are three Katanas - Fuyu, Natsu and Aki (Winter, Summer and Autumn) and the Nodachi Doki (Spring).
Fuju (Winter)
masahiro1.jpg
Doki (Spring)
640px-Jpantera.jpg
Natsu (Summer)
website_misc_largepictures_00_7X29.jpg
Aki(Autumn)
SW-459RF.jpg

Except for them she also has a unique item called: "Multi-Staged Curse Dispersion Bracer 'Iwwa' ".
Iwwa has six stages selectable by voiced and colored, Black, Red, Yellow, Green, Blue and White.
il_570xN.304769593.jpg

Iwwa in Blue state
"Bloodlust" Black - No restrains, the curse is activated forcefully and Riyako is sent into her mindless bloodlust state.
"Bloodstream" Red - Curse is always on but exhibits only 80% of usual strength. Basic sanity enough for Friend or Foe identification.
"Bloodrush" Yellow - Curse is always on but exhibits only of 60% of usual strength. Sanity of levels enough to avoid dangers to even a cursed being.
"Bloodbarrier" Green - Curse is available on demand and exhibits 40% of usual strength. Sanity of levels enough to lead smaller units,
"Blooddamn" Blue - Curse is available on demand and exhibits 20% of usual strength. Sanity almost normal and with a personality almost the same as without the curse.
"Bloodclear" White - No curse present. Prolonged use strains Iwwa - recommended to be used in time periods of 2-3 hours per day.

Deah

Name: Deah
Sex: None
Race: Spherical Living Light Anomaly

Appearance:
Will_O___The_Wisp_by_dabingo.jpg

Personality: Deah is still young and curious about the world. His personality still has to form.
History: Deah is a Spherical Light Anomaly (AKA a Floating Ball of Light) which came to life. It would be usually spoked to death by some UFO hunters of paranormal investigators really quickly if it didn't get lucky and was swept into NLA together with another student.
Other:
Deah is the only member of his race (Living Anomaly) which has a chance of living a long life.
His abilities are: emitting light (of variety of colors and strengths), floating, being immaterial, sensing the mood of others and in the end having mediocre magical resistance.

Last edited:
Yoka and Ar I won't accept.

Riyako and Deah may be acceptable, but I have a few issues or confusion about both of them.

For Riyako, what exactly does the curse do to her? I just want to make sure I know her abilities. After reading the CS, I get the idea that she is almost unkillable, unless the brain or heart get destroyed, magic aimed for her mental and physical state are weak on her and she is a master swordsman. She also has a nearly unstoppable bloodlust, but that's not really a power so much as a curse. Is that about right, or am I missing some powers of her's? Just want to check that she's not OP.

Deah is kind of strange, but strange isn't bad. It makes sense he would lack a history, being only 12 hours old, but it doesn't make sense why he would receive an invitation to NLA. First of all, invitations are kind of rare, and pretty limited to "scholarships" which are exclusive to humans. News of NLA is usually spread through word of mouth, unless an individual has caught the interest of a staff member, or perhaps a survivor alumni. I do have a couple of ideas of how Deah could've wound up at NLA though.

A) They could've come to life on the school grounds. It really wouldn't be out of the ordinary, all considering.

B) They could've happened upon a student on their way to NLA and slipped through their portal.

Just a couple ideas. Otherwise, these two look like suitable students.

The stronger is the curse the harder is for Riyako to be killed, but also less the stronger the curse Riyako loses more sanity making her more likely to run into traps, rush blindly into near or actually fatal blows, all in pursuit of the curse's lust for blood. If she has Iwwa dampening her curse then she is less resistant - for example on 80% even cutting her neck or making her bleed enough cloud kill her. But dampening the curse returns some of her sanity - allowing her to think more rational and use more advanced skills with her sword.

So to put simply the more of the curse's power is dampened the less endurance Riyako has, but she is able to use more advanced forms of swordsmanship. Without any dampening her only weak spots are her brain and heart and the amount of mad bloodlust that she is forced to feel overpowers any mental influence; but the price is that she can only act on instinct using the most basic and simplest forms of attack and defense (if she even defends at all).

Her body's abilities are still of that of a human, her speed, strength and reflexes, even if highly trained, are still at the level of a human. She does have a enormous amount of combat experience but that ain't worth much against the weirdness of NLA.

Deah will be edited. I will:

1) Ask anyone who has an character that is accepted and will be joining NLA soon to take the guy with them.

2) If there is no one to take the guy then just make him come to life inside the school itself.

I will be PMing you a teacher CS later if I get the chance. Also if you don't mind telling me why are the other two unacceptable I would be thankful. Later then.

Riyako is accepted then.

As for Deah, you could just have them slip through the portal of some NPC.

Phone's dying, so I can't explain why the other 2 weren't accepted right now.

She shrugged, then used an old trick she learned a while ago. She threw her scythe upwards as hard as she could, then in a split second, before it could get away from her, she 'mounted' it, making her fly upwards along with it.

This doesn't make a lick of sense.....

The part where she makes the scythe fly into her hand is fine. Like I've said, that's how Death Scythes work; the Reaper can command the Scythe to come to them.

But it makes no logical sense how one can throw something, than jump on it and ride it, especially a scythe, considering if you threw it up in the air, it would be spinning.

Last edited by a moderator:
She threw it straight in the air. Like, straight, not spinning.
tumblr_ml28j2DsRn1qzmfgzo1_400.gif

Editing.

She threw it straight in the air. Like, straight, not spinning.
tumblr_ml28j2DsRn1qzmfgzo1_400.gif

Editing.

It still doesn't make sense for her to be able to mount it....yes, while it is difficult to throw a scythe in the air with sufficent force while keeping it straight is difficult, not impossible, the mounting itself is illogical. If she were to throw the thing, it would be out of reach by the time she jumped up.

Ah....I see both of you ignored my messages.....

Shiro, I will let this slide this time, but try to think things through a bit more in future posts.....your post still makes zero sense, and I messaged you on skype telling you that your post still needed editing some time ago, but things are moving along again, and since it's more of a headache than anything, I'll just leave it be. This is something of a sandbox RP, but you are still restricted to what your character's personal and racial abilities, and if I see poor writing, I'm going to point it out.

Prof, I PMed you a couple days ago asking you hold off posting until Shiro finished editing her post. That PM also includes details you'll need to know about the setting, including the fact you will not be able to get into your room until you get your key, nor will you be able to find the room itself for some time. So please check that PM out.

oh crap my bad, i didnt even notice. Mind if I just hold mine there and edit it once shiro is done?

I removed the excess character sheets and edited Deah. Will now to proceed to post with the two that were accepted.

I remind you that you said that you will explain the rejection of the other two characters when you get the chance.

oh crap my bad, i didnt even notice. Mind if I just hold mine there and edit it once shiro is done?
It's fine. Go ahead and leave it be. Shiro can go ahead and post, just keep an eye out for PMs in the future.

I removed the excess character sheets and edited Deah. Will now to proceed to post with the two that were accepted.

I remind you that you said that you will explain the rejection of the other two characters when you get the chance.
Right....

So, Cueball Head was just a nonsense concept. While I will allow silliness here, I have to draw a line somewhere. He and his race didn't seem to be very well thought out, and he himself didn't even have a history. With Deah this is acceptable because Deah is 12 hours old, but Cueball was listed to be in his 40's, and yet he's not really fleshed out at all, and all that I know about him is that he barely speaks and loves....zucchini was it?

There's a lot more to say about the witch though. First of all, undead is not a race. Undead is a state of being, and covers a number of races....zombies, vampires, ghouls, banshees, ghost, wraiths etc. From the sounds of it, she would be in the same category as Rin; her race is human zombie with the class type of lich. Her age set her in the stone age, and the way you wrote history wouldn't exactly fly. I certainly don't mind the idea that supernatural beings were more out in the open and making history way way way back when, in fact Alyx's Zaltharians were prominent while humans were still learning how to walk. However, saying your master ruled the entire world is way too much. It seems like she has a significant amount of dangerous powers with nary a weakness to be found, and I especially don't like that despite her being blatantly evil (it outright says in her personality section that not only is she sadistic, but she literally hates anything of the good alignment) she is immune to attacks made to thwart evil characters (ie. Holy Magic) because she technically did not do any evil while she lived, which I find kind of hard to believe considering A) the woman she served under sounded fairly malicious and B) after 45000 years of being evil, I kind of doubt she'd continue to be immune or be considered innocent.

....what the hell happened to Amaiouji? He's listed as a guest now????

Like hell if I know. Just posted anyway. Riyako and Deah are open for interaction - or if enough time (read: posts) passes without interaction then I will make a hillarious getting lost post for the two.

Thanks for the feedback.

I will say around for 20 or so mins but then I have to go.

Who? What? Huh? o.o
The guy who plays Joel. His page is gone and he's listed as a guest.

Like hell if I know. Just posted anyway. Riyako and Deah are open for interaction - or if enough time (read: posts) passes without interaction then I will make a hillarious getting lost post for the two.
Thanks for the feedback.
I will say around for 20 or so mins but then I have to go.
That's chill. I'll see if I can send anyone your direction, or at least stir up some action.

Status
Not open for further replies.