Namtar Lament (Now open: Contact Kui before joining.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
(E) Instantly Zaun would shut the hole, as quietly as possible as to not attract attention before whispering to her. "There is far too many to sneak past, more then I could count. The only way we are getting through is with a fight, and with that many I am not sure we could win, as they are sure to bring reinforcements." He would say, looking back around at the group to check on them before waiting for her response.

Last edited by a moderator:
(E) The group gave a nervous facial expression, the man that once started trouble continued to cross his arms and shake his head. "Is that so? It was questionable behavior to go beyond what was requested of us, we shouldn't have listened to the little kid of the group. It was 'unwise.'" He rolled his eyes, Serdtse looked at him and then at everybody else- she sighed to herself and shrugged him off before she said "Then we are just going to have to do that then, there is nothing wrong with ambition so as long as it is justified. Zaun, you are an earth user- so you should be able to make a platform for us all to stand on when we get outside. We fight and trim down the local numbers and avoid the reinforcements by using the platform and your magic to launch us at a local building. If my memory is correct, we should be able to enter one of the glass windows of one of the skyscrapers. We can use the skyscrapers as a way of transportation, just as long as everybody is capable of remaining safe while the pillars are moving. If anything, you should be able to move the pillars to the buildings and keep it still so that we can walk on them, is that right Zaun?" She asked, she thought quick and the idea didn't sound too bad either . . . however, the group began to have second thoughts about Serdtse's leadership.

(W) Achelias would of looked around, a bit unsettled due to the piles of dead bodies. It has been a long time since he seen something similar to that much gore. Although his main concern now is that they are in the wide open thinking they could be attacked at any time, seeing the weapons that the other group has he would be worried that they would make a lot of noise and attract more attention of the infected. He would of heard what Yarn had to say and would of nodded and said "Yes Madam" in a very proper tone of voice listening to her but this also made him worry a bit about Thomas due to his awkwardness and how slow he can be with instructions. Nevertheless he would still stand in his defensive formation like he was ordered.

Last edited:
(E) Zaun would have looked the man dead in the eyes. "That is enough. To find reward we must traverse risk, can you even comprehend the treasure that exists within this city? The bonus you could get from one of these could make you rich. Id rather come home rich and fresh from battle then come home poor and a coward." He would say, taking a step towards him. "We are going to follow her plan, I want everyone to trust in my ability to manipulate the earth, and I will trust in yours to whittle down the forces, Everyone get ready, we are about to move." He would say, making several dozen handsigns as he stood infront of the barrier, getting ready to face death or face glory. He would raise a hoof and bring it down, lowering the barrier.

(W) About five minutes longer and the sun had came up, which gave Yarn quite the bit of relief. "Good, rules are as followed; no loud sounds and weapons that can attract attention. Find something interesting? Let me know, if I see that you are hiding something worthy of punishment I will serve you that punishment. Desertion is an act of anti-social behavior, there is no excuse for said act. Rules will be made as we go, regardless of how you feel about that. We will be moving north, however we will be taking alleyways and avoiding main roads. Keep an eye out for buildings that represent government nature and not of civilian nature. Right, side, let's go." She said, nodding her head in the direction of a small road that lead to a neighborhood like set-up of multi-story buildings. The small housing was set up like . . . like a two story motel. Yarn seemed to know where she was going and she wasn't moving slow either, she was jogging- whether the group could keep up or not. She took alleyways and walked right into motel yards and swimming pool areas. The area was generally open and the infected seemed to be broken or just in general, immobilized in the distance. Clearly people had been around here to trim the undead . . . and none seemed to be standing up to attack them. Some without legs and arms . . .

(Picture reference sent . . .)

(E) The barrier opened and the lady putting the flashlight away, the group was greeted with turning heads and hissing squeels of the dead. The large massive horde of the Zeds lazily hunching towards in a march towards the living- Serdtse pushed herself forward for Zaun to push himself forward- she reached into her pocket to throw out in front of him half of the sample she had retrieved before. The web fell down with a surprising amount of weight and several feet away, sliding only briefly against the ground. "Right there, Zaun! And everybody make sure you stand at least touching distance close to him!" She shouted out, the group of course- began to quickly- if Zaun followed orders, follow after him and pretty much form a circle around him. Shots being fired as they already attracted the horde and sound not at all being an issue, bows- firearms, swords and even war hammers being met with the un-dead as the first glimce of combat began.

(E) Zaun would have let out a mighty roar, charging forward with his shield up, if any unlucky undead came in contact with him they would have met with so much force from a shield bash combined with schild that they would have actually break many bones in the front of their bodies, flying back several dozen meters. When he reached the position and everyone had surrounded them he would slam his palms into the ground, raising the earth and everyone on it about 15 meters into the air. With another mighty roar he would slam his palms into the raised ground, the earth around them beginning to churn as a stream of earth would make contact with the pillar, pushing it forward and would cause them to move at decent speeds through the street.

(E) As the group began crossing the street, more and more of the undead began to take notice- and thus, the entire area knew of their existence. Zombies pushed and swatted at each other to get at the living creatures that they seen as food. The streets now being decorated with the earth quickly was brought up to one of the sky scrapers window, the 2nd floor- which the Minotaur had to have smashed the window to get in. "Smash the window and find the staircase up! We are going to the highest floor, to the next window of one of the apartment buildings!" The small child bodied leader commanded, the people all waiting for the minotaur to smash the window open and get inside.

(E) Zaun would have quickly complied. With a strong shout his shield would have created an almost phantom image of itself, it would have shot out from the shield, impacting the glass and shattering it. He would have led the earth up to the window and the people would have ended up inside of an apartment bedroom, it would be relatively dark but the room looked rather abandoned. He would have continued to lead the charge, going to the door and practically kicking it off the hinges with a well place kick.

(W) Achelias would be glad that daylight had approached and would of looked at Yarn as she spoke. Though he wouldn't of said anything at the end as he would simply want to follow instructions given. He would of folded his scythe up making it only about two feet in length at the time and would of followed yarn at the same pace but would be about five feet behind her. He would of looked around the motel yard to see more corpses and broken pavement along with a lot of garbage, overgrown fungi and plants. Nothing too interesting to find as he continued to follow her into swimming pool areas just to see dead and mutilated bodies inside the pool with no water. Inside the pool with dark dried up blood but some movement in the pool as the infected corpses with no arms or legs try to wiggle and struggle around. The site being horrible to see he would look around for anything interesting but would also occasionally check to where Thomas would be in case he some how fell behind knowing how awkward and slow he might be.

Last edited:
(E) As the door was kicked right off of it's hinges, the team began running down what was a large corridor of a hallway- the infected slowly marching into the building as they raced for a search for the staircase. The hallway was absolutely littered of moss and fungi and the ceiling had ropes of some kind of gooey vine hanging from the ceiling. Then, the time find what they were looking for . . . level 3 of 776. "We should go to floor one hundred, rest and then look out for any opportunities to get out- I need to get a sense of where we are and where to go to from a window opening!" Serdtse exclaimed, riding on top of her big bull and allowing him to lead the charge. Luckily too, she wasn't a runner . . .she couldn't have ran for that long. At all.

(W) Thomas followed lazily behind the group, not qutie falling behind but not quite as close as others were. Perhas his vision just wasn't as good as the others? Nonetheless, the group carried on as Yarn began explaining her formula for success. "We should arrive at our destination in about an hour. We will be taking a Ran node to a further destination to save us some time, I am certain that we will find something buried closer to the hear than the skin; do not fall behind and keep up with me." Yawn demanded as she began to pick up a light jog, everybody seeming to catch on quite quick with the exception of Thomas, who just needed a little bit of time to cope with the command and began to keep up quite well.

(W) Achelias would of looked at Yarn while he listened he wouldn't say anything. He mainly just kept up with Yarn but also made sure not to step on random garbage and broken glass so he didn't make any noise that could possibly alert any infected. He thought the more quiet this mission goes the easier it will be. Though he still had some concern about Thomas and how slow he is at following instructions. Although he wouldn't bring it up since he wouldn't want to cause conflict within the group from some mere gossip, since he knows that people can get irritated if they know they are being mentioned without actually knowing whats going on.

As he kept jogging with yarn and the group he would of thought about the two different groups, the Advent and the Revenant. There were a lot of people at the camp before the groups started forming. So he would of looked at Yarn and would of said "Madam Yarn?" in a proper way like he would always try to pull off for some reason. "May I ask, what are the chances in running into other groups and getting in conflict with them on this mission?" in a curious tone mostly talking about the Revenant since he didn't think they would really run into any other advent groups. Even if they did he didn't think there will be any conflict between two.

Last edited:
(E) Zaun would huff for a moment, taking a chance to lean on the wall for a second. It isn't often that he uses such a large amount of chakra so quickly, this was a bit of a doozy. "Yes my friend...That sounds like a plan...." He would say in between breaths, the adrenaline of the situation wearing off. He would take a moment to make a head count and make sure that everyone was accounted for, then would begin trudging up the stairs.

(W) "The chances are limited to those planning on disregarding the universal plan of remaining within rendezvous territories; until we reach central Kyopelinvuori then there should be no chance at all of us being of any relevance. We are weeks if not week months apart from one another; transportation is much different around these walls as compared to most city-states in the sense that an extinct military tactic that the city-state of Kyopelinvuori used was to use hidden Ran nodes that transported people traveling along the walls to very specified regions of the exterior walls. Thus, we traveled much time since we have traveled along the walls- thus . . . giving us quite the distance from the Revenant.

"However, I can not say that for when the two groups re-unite." She mumbled the last part.

(E) As the group trudged up the stairs and climbed up the many floors of degraded stairs, Serdtse spoke up for decent conversation. Even if the situation might be in some kind of peril. "I think that we should split up when we do get to the destination; the building is large, and like most of the buildings that we will be searching it is a government building. I believe the Namtar called the building a sanctuary, it was the 2nd hand property of a close family member that participated in the clan, the family however is extinct. Though, that goes as far as my knowledge- the descending family is known by the name of [BCOLOR=transparent]Kuiaratameru. The name of the [BCOLOR=transparent]Kuiaratameru was actually Martyr before the new age, so if you were belonging to the Namtar Clan then you would also have the family name- you would be referred to as Zaun Martyr Namtar, and the sub family that you mgiht have belonged to. The Martyr family had 49 sub-class families, which is where the nickname you had. So technically you had 4 different names." She explained, she was quite knowledgeable about the history.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

(E) Zaun would think for many moments, pondering this new development. He didn't care much for the name information and family stuff, he was more concerned with getting everyone out alive, he did like how knowledgable she was, it comforted him in a way. Still, he felt he had to speak up on her plan. "Wise one, while I agree with you that it would speed things up, I do not think we need to rush. We are searching the one building right? Splitting up could cause more danger, and I could not protect the others. I leave the decision to you though friend, I just wanted to give my opinion." He would say in a polite tone, wanting to weigh in on her strategies.

(W) Achelias would of thought about what Yarn just said, now knowing the two groups will possibly meet up. He wasn't a fan of conflict but would deal with it the best he could. He honestly isn't worried about getting in a fight with anyone except maybe that monster he met earlier named Zaun. Even then if he had too he already has a few ideas on how to deal with the situation.a few moments later he would of stopped the thoughts about possible conflict since it wouldn't be good to think about right now. Instead as he followed yarn he would of looked around the area to see even more gore of dead bodies and crawling infected, large fungi of different colors and sizes on the ground, cracking through pavement, on and inside corpses, as well as buildings. This would make him think of how horrible a site it looked compared to what he saw going towards the city state, he would even feel bad thinking about how much people had to suffer.

After that he would of looked at Yarn and said "Madam Yarn? When did the infection first occur? and how exactly did it happen? I keep looking at the buildings, the dead bodies, and the fungi and I can't stop thinking on how horrible people had to suffer" in a bit of a sad tone of voice, dropping his usually calm and kind mood. He also wanted to learn a bit of history of what happened here if possible.

Last edited:
(E) She nodded her head as she listened to him, only once when she gave the notification that she was all ears. "The building that we are looking for will be leading to a gated community; if we do not split up then we will certainly not be able to cover as much ground as I would have wanted. When I was here before, I was rushed through the areas as a means of escaping the horde. I do remember how big the complex will be, if we are to return before nightfall and search thoroughly- the only way to accomplish this successfully would be to split up into smaller groups. The one building I am so interested in is the sanctuary of the fallen clan, I will require time to myself to access any potential gains. I assume that you would be up to the task of leading a group and Shacka would be more than happy to take his own group and search the complex. We will have one person on the lookout for anything interesting and have that person report back to me, we will discuss who that person will be. Somebody capable of getting out of sticky situations, though." She spoke as she leaned her head down and body closer to Zaun, avoiding bumping to the top of the stairs.

(W) Yarn glanced back at him, she didn't know all too much and wasn't very educated on the fact. Though, she was aware of the very basics of the situation, especially tales that would interpret to Archelias. "Well, during the Namtar period of history, the Namtar basically ruled three quarters of the known world; with the exception of southern Clymeranian allies and the rivaled nation still known today as the USSR. The Namtar brought medicine and a greater understanding of magic and spirituality, culture and most importantly; the Namtar brought an end to the nomadic period of history and established an empire. However, as time went on and the people passed in age, the oligarchy that was the Namtar became more and more corrupt. The person responsible for such a catastrphoe was Namtar himself, thousands upon thousands years of age- it was said that he had became rancid with age and without anybody to persuade his hand, he reacted the only way he knew to an opposing force. Through his own force.

People like Natura, Anima and their protege's, Tera, Stala; those two at the time, if I am not mistaken, also had Protege's of their own. Under Tera's guidance was Pura, however I do not know who was under Stala's wing at the time. These great warriors contested the Namtar and brought on a brutal war, only 495 years ago did the entirety of the Namtar empire collapse under the opposing forces combined with the assistance of the USSR and at the time, Amaranthia; which is now split up between many different nations in the south west of Clymer. During Namtar's last stand, he committed suicide to perform a spell so wicked in fact that it destroyed the entire continent of Namtar. Natura and Anima are thought to have prevented the spread of this . . . disease by forcibly changing the world by creating a new ocean and secluding Namtar from the rest of the world. It is unknown what truly happened though, because since the end of the Namtar period, Natura and Anima have since disappeared. That is the gist of things . . ." She explained, continuing down apartment complexes and looking about the immobilized undead.

". . . If you didn't catch the answer by the way, this all happened 495 years ago." She added in, she didn't know if was one of 'those' people that didn't quite listen to all of the details.

(E) Zaun mulled over this carefully, from a security point it was a nightmare, splitting up into an unknown area, leaving he leader with a lowered guard, not knowing how many enemies were within the area, and being under a time crunch, it all spelled out the words to a disaster. "I see wise one, that plan sounds good but I have some questions if you do not mind, who will be guarding you, who do you think I should take with me for my team and who do you believe can get out of a sticky situation? Also, how many of the infected do you think roam the area and, sorry for so many questions but this is my last, what clan is it we are investigating?" He would say, asking many more questions then was normal of him. I'm his mind he was getting slightly anxious, the idea of so many possibilities made him nervous, too many variables and too much that could go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.