Myths of Thalassana: The Cursed Stones of Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jarvig watched as Hadrianus returned to his room before he began to speak again. "Hah! Wherever it is we be sleepin' during this 'ere little quest. I'll be takin' a spot next to 'im." The dwarf said and burst into another fit of wholehearted laughter, slamming a fist on the table a couple of times.

Bingo nearly choked on his juice. "I-it wasn't me, right? I don't snore..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Leaning forward to hide her smirk in her sleeve Raenah could not help but to give a chuckle along with Jarvig. But after a moment she frowned ever so slightly. Armor? She was going to have to wear some clunky piece of rock around for the entire journey. Sincerely hoping that she would have to she was distracted again by a comment from Bingo. A subtle eye role indicated her feelings on the subject and she leaned over to say with a slight grin "Quiet as a storm."

"Least I know and admit it! Yeh got yer height exchanged for snoring, little one. I need at least 7 mugs to be as loud as yeh be." He responded to Bingo. Jarvig's laughter revived and he banged on the table a few more times. The dwarf seemed very happy this morning. Perhaps the two heartily breakfast he had earlier.

Bingo's face took on the resemblance of a tomato. Too ashamed to say anything else, he just nervously continued sipping, hoping nothing bad would come of it again.

The wizard simply sighed with a smile and finished the last of his breakfast before folding up the maps and sitting back to enjoy his ale.

"Hopefully some fresh wilderness air and exercise can amend that!" he chuckled as the others teased Bingo about his noisy sleeping habits.

Hadrianus heaves the bags of armor onto his back, letting out a slight groan as the weight nearly overcomes him. ''Oh! That is going to hurt later..'' Slowly making his way out of the room, he stops at the beginning of the stairs. ''Oh sweet lord.'' He sighs, beginning to make his way down.
After making his way all the way down the steps, Hadrianus drops the armor onto the ground, sitting on one of the steps. ''So,'' He looks to the wise and powerful wizard. ''Do we have to wear this armor all the way there? Over our own?''

"I hope not. It might hinder dome of us in combat, especially those unused to wearing armor." Kutta chimes in.

Silentium's interest was caught and he drew closer in curiosity to examine the new armor.

Paragonis shook his head with an understanding smile. "Not until we actually get to the repository. The armor is for protection against the Curse, and I do not think we shall encounter it outside of those lonely mountains. We should be quite safe as we currently are, and it will be easier and faster to let the horses carry the armor for now."

Hadrianus nods. ''Good,'' Before putting on his helmet, he snatches a piece of bacon from the plate of another person. ''Let's go.'' With a smile, Hadrianus puts on his helmet, while sheathing his mighty sword onto it's sheath on his back.

Silentium had learned to adore the phrase "Let's go". He jumped up, jogged to the door, and eagerly held it open for the party to begin.

Bingo struggled to finish a glass of water before he grudgingly stood.

The wizard stood as well, shaking his breakfast's crumbs from his robes and handing a tip of coin to Hopsman as he slung the straps of his bag over a shoulder and leaned slightly on his staff. He smiled down at Bingo and patted him on the back.

"Well then, let us be off! I hope we all have whatever supplies we need? Food, water, rope, extra clothing, tools, salves, oils, lubricants, medicine, maps? There likely won't be another city of a thousand miles. I trust at least some of us besides myself brought a horse?"

Silentium started out nodding enthusiastically, but as Paragonis progressed through the list, his enthusiastic nodding quickly became lost in the sheer number of necessities. At the mention of horse, however, his smile returned with the thoughts of his friend.

Bingo was done complaining and was well into the pouting stage again. "I don't have enough loaded up for more than a couple days...," he moaned. "I'm doomed..."

"I've what tools I need, and a few traps for hunting. I'm pretty much ready to go. Don't have a horse though, but I don't mind walking too much."
Kutta says, patting her satchel as she walks trough the door with a nod to Silentum.

Silentium met Kutta's nod with an eager smile. He looked forward to the journey, since he was used to patrolling the same route daily with absolutely no new sights. He beckoned for everyone else to leave, too.

Raenah pushed herself back from the table and then swiveling around in her seat got up with a soft sigh. She had a feeling that this was going to be a very long journey but, for now she let herself get infected with some of Silentium's mood as well as some of her own energy, the same energy that always filled her before each hunt. Dodging eagerly around some of the others she sprang through the tavern door and out onto the street. Hearing the wizard speak she paused so as to listen but, after listening to the long list that he rattled off her face scrunched up conveying a distinct look of doubt. She had lived so long in the eastern woods with so little that she often forgot that not everyone was to keen on surviving by the skin of their teeth, their only supplies being what could be found or hunted.

"No horse, but, I am much used to walking." She answered. Having never had the money the only way she could have gotten a horse is by stealing or if she found one wild and tamed it herself. Then there was the fact that while some horses saw her as a human many also saw her as a wolf, so there was a distinct lack of trust that could be a problem.

Having finished his breakfast which constituted of seven biscuits and some juice, Kale was ready mentally. Whether he had the supplies or not was a different story. Kale's mouth formed a thin line that curved into a weak smile, but his eyes conveyed his situation.

"Uh, I'm sorry; I... I don't have a horse, or..." He breathed deeply. "Or anything really."

Jarvig jumped off of his seat and dropped so many bits of food on the ground, they almost formed a small meal on their own. "No horse for this dwarf, we don't go too well together. But if I must, I'm sure someone in town'll wanna part with their ride. As fer food, I s'pose we can kill some beasties, I wouldn't mind a meaty diet fer a few days." He said and licked his lips, then scratched his beard.

"Perhaps," nodded the wizard, "but perhaps it would be best to bring at least a bit of hardy travelling food, a bit for each of us. This journey will take a few months at the least, as I foresee it, probably more if we encounter any unexpected delays. The tavern sells some travelling biscuits and hard cheeses, as well as citrus preserves and dried oats. I think we will be ready to go as soon as we get some supplies. I can pay, if nobody wants to." He looked around, shrugged and waved over the bartender. "Hopsman! Some travel rations, if you please. I shall be paying." The man bowed and collected the desired goods, returning with an armful of tightly-wrapped bundles. Paragonis smiled and gave him a few coins with a thanks, then nodded to the others. "Well then, if we are ready, let us go!" With that, he got up, putting on his robe and wide-brimmed hat as he turned and offered a helping hand to Bingo."

Status
Not open for further replies.