Myths of Thalassana: The Cursed Stones of Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kutta waits outside, leaning against a beam at the front of the stables.
Once again she is fiddling around with her wooden puzzle.

Bingo stared at the offered hand for a moment... then gave up on his negative attitude. He wasn't getting anywhere with it, and it'd probably be the death of him. "I--I suppose I could do with just one more adventure, then," he said uncertainly as he took Paragonis' hand.

Paragonis smiled and helped Bingo up. "And I will endeavor to make it the best experience you shall ever have, my dear friend."

With that, they exited the tavern, and the wizard went to his horse, Nellie, gently stroking her mane as he fed her some sugar cubes from the tavern table.

"Did the ostler treat you well? Good, good. A new friend? I'm glad to hear of it. Yes, she is a friend, and so is the rest of the herd. We will be going soon. There now!"

Bingo and Silentium went out to the stables. One of the horses, upon hearing the clank of armor, pushed open his stall and trotted out to meet Silentium. Bingo proceeded inside to fetch his pony--about as stubborn as he had been--and prepared for departure.
By the time Bingo even saw his pony, Silentium was already saddled up and waiting for the rest of the party.

Raenah moved from one side of the group to the other investigating any interesting sounds or smells occasionally peeking into the stable to watch as those who had horses tacked up. Her strides where short but, very quick giving away the excitable energy that was bubbling just under the surface. However when Paragonis got his horse, the same little chestnut filly from the night before, she couldn't help the small smile that crept across her face. Making her way over to them she greeted the mare by gently smelling noses with her. Looking at Paragonis she said in a shy voice "I was wondering who had claim on her. She is one of the sweetest horses I have met."

The wizard smiled back and patted the mare, who swished her tail happily and gently nuzzled Raenah. "She has been a good friend for many years," he nodded. "And wiser than many would give her credit for. I'm glad the two of you are acquainted."

Kutta grins as she solves a particular difficult wooden peg, then frowns as she notices that her solution had completely blocked the movement of one of the other pegs.
She slides the solved peg back out and tries a different approach.

Jarvig shuffled over towards Paragonis and began to mumble something, barely audible to the blue wizard. "I can't ride a horse." His face dropped to the floor even before he said so, but it only worsened after he did.

"Yes, she slept in the stall right next to me past night." Raenah said, gently returning the nuzzling gesture. She was just moving a step or two back to rub the mates shoulder when Jarvig walked up. She just barely caught what he said he was talking so softly. However as soon as she heard what he said she had to turn her head away and press her face into Nellie's soft coat. Her first instinct was to let out a loud snort of laughter and then proceed with varying levels of mocking. However a little voice in the back of her head told her that that might not be the best plan. The two of them had only just made up after their posturing last night, and hurt feelings now could provide an opportunity for a fight later. So for now she straightened out her expression, and filed away the information for later.

The wizard smiled kindly. "Well, Jarvig, perhaps one of us may let you ride behind. Nellie, at least, would bear you if the others decline."

The mare in question swished her tail as she looked thoughtfully at the dwarf, then turned away as if uncertain what to make of him.

"In any case, it appears we are all ready. If Hadrianus has all the armor ready and stowed."

Status
Not open for further replies.