Myths of Thalassana: The Cursed Stones of Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kutta takes a rather winding path to the tavern. She didn't often visit the city of Thalasssana, or large settlements in general, usually her travels across the Blossom Downs
took her to smaller villages and sleepy hamlets. The morning activity was louder and less focused than in the villages, with people already heading in all manner of directions.
Knowing roughly where the Fair Maiden was, Kutta keeps to the quieter streets which takes her past some of the city sights.

"Good morning to yeh as well. Sorry fer yesterday, I forget I'm not in Orod Khazad anymore." Jarvig says and nods at Raenah. With a last scoop of his fork, he finished his plate as he usually does, very much and very fast. He happily rubs his filled belly, a smile forming on his face as he cleans his beard a little from the mashed potatoes that didn't make it into his mouth.

Reaching for his mug, Jarvig takes a last swig and finishes his breakfast with a satisfied belch, caring little for what others would think of that. His mornings had been like this for the past 89 years and no power in the world would make him behave any other way. The only difference this morning was that he didn't need to sit at his forge and work, which was a little discomforting for him. The dwarf had grown so used to his forge and the familiar heat he found himself in every single day.

A big, hearty meal was enough for Jarvig to start the day. Usually he'd be drinking lots of water to compensate for all the sweating he'd be doing at the forge, but now all those drinks had to go out the conventional way, so he kept his drinks to a minimum.

He'd have to wait a little for the food to sink in, but other than that, the dwarf was ready for anything. Since everyone else still had to arrive and get ready, he leaned back into his chair and whistled to himself as he polished his helmet to pass time.

Raenah passed a glare over the top of her food at the dwarf, till he actually apologized. Gaze softening up a bit she remaned silent for a few moments, feeling that she should probably say something as well. "I'm also sorry, I've lived to long in Marcdar. A willingness to defend was seen as a necessity." Not the most sencere thing she had ever said but, she at least kept herself truthful. Having quickly devored her food, as though she had not seen any in a long while, Raenah was already to set out. She always traveled light so everything she needed she already had on her person, her cloak, her knife, and her pack; which was pretty empty at this point aside from a few strips of dried meat. Not that she felt totally ready to start off right away, after food she usually just sat back for a little while or took a nap. So she contented herself with leaning forward onto the bar, resting her chin on top of her folded arms.

Now that things were a bit quieter she could hear the roll of someone's thundering snore coming from one of the upstairs rooms. Her expression, though mostly hiden in her arms, changed to one of mild amusment as she commented dryly "We should be careful that we don't leave behind your halfling." Her eyes found their way to palagonis's one of her eyebrows raised in a questioning manner.

Reactions: Majem
Finally making it to the tavern, Kutta walks in. Seeing the remains of breakfast on the table she regretted spending the last of her coin on a pie, but she decided she was full enough for now.
She went over to where the party was gathered and pulled up a stool at one of the tables. Not sure of what to do while she waited, Kutta decided to inquire about the travel arrangements.
"So how are we going to be getting from place to place? I'm travelling pretty light so walking or riding makes little difference to me, but it might not be the same for all of us."

Kale opened his eyes to see what he had last --the ceiling. He had dozed off, thoughts still running rampant in his mind. His sleep wasn't very restful, but his excitement kept him energized. He swung his feet over the side of the bed and got up. He straightened the blanket.

Running his fingers through his hair, Kale opened the door and joined the others silently. He was thinking about all of the possibilities. What would happen if they succeeded in their quest? What would his father's reaction be? Kale hadn't given his father too many details after all. Mind occupied, he took a seat, grabbing a few biscuits beforehand.

The wizard smiled as the dwarf sat himself at the table. "And good morning to all of you as well. Hopsman's beds are excellent, and I did indeed have quite the refreshing sleep last night. I hope the same is of yourself," he grinned at Jarvig.

He took a sip of his ale and took another bite of his breakfast as Bingo's snores began echoing slightly. "It seems at least one of us is still sleeping," smiled he with amusement and nodding to Raenah. "He'll be missing out on the breakfast he's been hoping for all this time. I should probably go an wake him in a few minutes."

He closed the book he had been reading and lay it gently upon the table, turning to Kutta. "As for how exactly we shall be travelling, I assume that the majority of us will simply be walking as usual. I'm sure we all have supplies, or can easily find some in the market if we're lacking anything for the long journey ahead. Food should not be an issue. Until the desert part, at least, there will be plenty of edible plants and wildlife, if you know where to look."

Last edited by a moderator:
Kutta raises her eyebrows at the mention of a desert.
"I've never been in a desert before. I don't think I've met anyone who has either, at least not anyone who has talked about the experience.
There are a few things I need to get still, but I'll get them on the journey seeing how they can be made from hides and the like."

Silentium turned his head at toward the door to the rooms. He looked at Paragonis and made a pleading gesture, holding a biscuit in one hand. His intention was quite plain, but Silentium wouldn't dare to do something so unprofessional without permission.

Kutta looks over towards Silentium.
Now what is the quiet fellow planning? She wonders to herself. Curious, she approaches the knight.
"He's taking his time." She states, tilting her head towards the door to the rooms. "Are you planning on speeding things up?"

Silentium grinned and nodded like a child about to cause some trouble.

Glancing at the biscuit Kutta also grins.
"And now I'm wary of biscuits."

Silentium tied the biscuit to the handle-end of his halberd and held it in front of him like a fishing pole. With a snicker, he left the bar, heading back down the hallway to the bedrooms.

The wizard grinned, winking and nodding slightly to the knight as he turned back to his drink and sipped innocently. For some reason, he suspected that there would be quite a bit of yelling from down the hall soon.

Bingo's snoring grew louder with Silentium's approach. He didn't need directions, he'd just follow his ears.
Silentium slowly pushed open Bingo's door, sneaking inside. The warm biscuit still had quite an aroma, just as Silentium had hoped. He crouched down by the opposite end of Bingo's bed and held his halberd as far over to Bingo's end as he could, causing the biscuit on a string to dangle right in front of the halfling's nose.
The snoring almost instantly stopped, and Bingo--eyes still closed--began to move toward the biscuit. Silentium moved it to the side, narrowly keeping the halfling from claiming his prize. He held it away from the bed, causing the halfling to semi-consciously get out of bed and follow it. Silentium grinned and led the way, holding his halberd over Bingo's head and the biscuit right in front of his face while Silentium himself followed behind.

Bingo stepped just through the threshold of the door into the bar and paused in plain sight... with a biscuit in his mouth and his hands at his sides. The more visually alert individual would notice that the biscuit had come before the halfling, and was actually tied to a string on a pole. Bingo just stood there and sighed contently with the flavor of the biscuit in his mouth, got tired of standing, and slumped down lazily in the doorway.

Kutta giggles at the sight of the lured halfling.
"How is he still asleep yet enjoying a snack so much?" She wondered aloud.

Silentium stepped through the doorway, crouched down by Bingo, and sent a blast of breath right in his ear.

If breakfast out of bed hadn't gotten the hobbit up, the thought of a large insect climbing into his ear certainly did. The halfling was up and stumbling around in terror instantly. "Wha--? What was that?!!" he asked frantically, rubbing his ear.

The other guests in the tavern chuckled, giggled and roared with laughter as Paragonis smiled innocently, trying very hard not to laugh. "Well, good morning there, Bingo! Looks like you've had some breakfast already, eh!"

"B-but I haven't eaten ye--" Bingo caught himself dribbling crumbs everywhere as he spoke. Looking down at the floor, he noticed half a biscuit with a very familiar bite-mark. "How did I..."

The wizard simply shook his head and chuckled softly as he helped the poor halfling over to the table.

"All shall be explained in time, my friend. Here! Have a bit of second breakfast, eh? That should wake you up and give you enough energy for today's journey."

"I do wish I hadn't stayed up last night... I should have gotten in bed the moment I arrived...," Bingo complained as he sat down to eat. Surely he must have forgotten to thank the wizard for the breakfast offer...

Status
Not open for further replies.