Mystery of the Light Eater

Daniel Harris

" I think it is UB-001. Let me flip through my notes, I have faced these things back home and helped a kid and government agent capture some of them," he said, flipping through his pages before he found it. " Here it is- UB-001- Symbiont. It's a Rock/ Poison pokemon and I was right about the distance thing, it has mind control. That means its weakness would be water type moves, psychic, steel, ground.... hmmm... Ms. Octo, stop your attack and return," he said.

He looked over at the other pokemon and quickly calculated in his head the odds of them being knocked out if he used this move and it seemed that it wouldn't be as damaging as what the jellyfish would do them and he decided it was his best option, but first he needed to do something. " Sparky, get on my shoulder, I'm going to do the thing," he said. Sparky, loving the pets understand what that meant and quickly climbed on its master's shoulder.

" Now, everybody don't freak out, but I'm going to do something and you might feel some tremors in a bit. Come on out, Twiggy," he said, throwing out his Torterra

" Torterra use Earthquake on the jellyfish," he replied, hoping that his notes weren't wrong and the pokemon couldn't levitate or something that made it immune to the ground type he was using.

@Tamotsu @Neko_Green @Crow

As the jellyfish hovered, they were unaffected by Torterra's Earthquake. They did, however, respond by spewing poisonous fluids at the group via what some would identify as Venoshock. As Nagito's owl was in front, one of them used its tentacles to bind the bird.

Some of the jellyfish would be knocked back by Squirtle's Hydro Pump, but afterwards, an aura, likely originating from the wormhole's energy, surrounded the whole group. Whatever it was, it seemed to give the flock an increased resistance to the Hydro Pump, and the Ice Beam too, apparently. From the perspective of several trainers, they might recognise that its Special Defense had increased.

While it was resistant to power, the flock was not resistant to side effects, as some of them dropped to the ground, their glassy surfaces covered with a fine layer of translucent frost. It seems they were frozen and groundbound!

The majority of the jellyfish pack still stood strong and mighty.

"Why're you hitting flying things with an Earthquake? This ain't a videogame," Ben says, falling on his behind as he was affected by the ground shaking. "Would make more sense to knock them down to the ground."

That was when some of the Venoshock got into his eyes.

"Ah! My eyes! Just when I was about to go alien."

Ben scrolls through the various aliens on his Omnitrix.

"Can't see... you guys hop into action first, I'll see which alien I can get. Come on, give me Gravattack..."

As Ben backs away, he smacks his Omnitrix down.

Umnb5kE.jpg

"Water Hazard! Alright then. I'll settle for the oyster."

He blasts his own face with water, then looks at the scene, blasting some of the jellyfishes with water.

"So, how exactly are these jellyfishes weak to water?" Water Hazard asks Daniel, "next you're gonna tell me that the crocs and hippos can't swim either!"

@Tamotsu @Neko_Green @Demmy @LuckycoolHawk9 @MetaGiga

Last edited:
"Steel huh...." The very first thing Hisashi did was...well,throw his mace towards 3 of the Jellyfish Pokémons who happened to be perfectly aligned for the tip of the mace to skewer them at once. Telling Inazuma to stay back,he turned into Gundam Exia,wielding the GN Sword and dashed towards them. "Not sure if cutting works...but at least I could still ram them to their deaths.....I think"
20171201_1497491.jpg

(Uh....the stand holding the Gunpla in the pic above did not appear with Hisashi btw)

Not wanting to be the load,Inazuma had no choice but to shoot down the jellyfish. The turret on her backpack aimed at one of the Jellyfishes nearing Hisashi from behind,and shot it down.
"Sorry Mr Jellyfish...! > <"

Taken back by the jellyfish getting shot behind him,he looked at Inazuma,gave her a thumbs up and his gratitude.

"Thanks Inazuma!" Inazuma smiled back,admittedly while she doesn't like fighting as much as the rest of her fleet,she still has to help the ones who are kind to her. Meanwhile Hisashi continued his assault on the jellyfishes,slicing them down and hoping that none of them got the others hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the small owl cried out in pain of being bound by tentacles, Nagito (having barely avoided the Venoshock towards his face) was trying to think of a way to help his new friend. Compared to everyone else, he was worthless! The only thing he has is his luck!

Wait... Didn't he technically also have a 'Pokémon' or whatever they were called? "Um... Little owl, can you do anything? If you can, then... Owl, use whatever you can use!" Nagito commanded, imitating the orders that the others had used to make their own creatures attack. The green owl, though its vision was obscured by Venoshock, heard the command and managed to wiggle a single wing free. With a flap, razor sharp leaves flew everywhere, hitting many of the jellyfish. One of the sharp leaves sliced a tentacle keeping the owlet captive, giving it enough time to fly free.

Amelia nodded, stepping to the side to avoid the venoshock, not taking notice as it hit her legs and boots. Instead, she crouched, pulled out a leaf from her bag, began chewing and took two shots, not looking where they had hit before dropping in two more rounds into the barrel.

((shes actually not wearing the djster rather the 1st recon beret, ciuriers duster and combat boots.))

Stull let out an 'oomph'as he was covered with the venoshock. After a moment of dancing in an attempt to wipe it off, he unsheathed his sword and rand towards the one closest to the ground, hoping he could get close enough to do the damage.

Daniel Harris and Lucifer Morningstar

Daniel should have known that they needed to be grounded when it came to be effected. It seemed that there was an army of them appearing and it was going to be difficult to defeat all of them. However, he had an idea. He checked his inventory. Fuck. He only had two beast balls, but a ton of pokeballs, Great Balls and Ultra Balls. ( And his unused Master ball)

" It seemed that its special defense is up, if we ground them, I think Twiggy's Earthquake will be very effective. I got some PP up, so I might be able to stall for this for a good chunk of time. Also, these are pokemon, so we should be able to attempt to capture them, Chloe. Generally, it would be advisable to use Beast Balls as they have a higher chance of catching, but I only have two of them and that is not going to work for this army."

" Twiggy, now use Earthquake on the ground ones to finish them," he told the pokemon, looking over at Lucifer and tossing him an ultra ball. " Try to catch one of the frozen things with this and see if it works since you aren't doing anything and I can't catch and give Twiggy commands. "

Lucifer rolled his eyes, choosing to ignore the comment of the younger man.

" I'm observing their weakness," he replied, tossing the Ultra Ball at the mound of frozen ice jellyfish. The odds of this working was so low that he would be surprised if it didn't bounce off the ice block when he tried to do it.

"
They are considered rock types which means they have water as a weakness. Don't ask how the floating jellyfish is a rock type, it never makes sense and yes, some of the crocs and hippos are weak to water and can't swim. Don't try to logic Pokémon, your brain will hurt."

@Crow @Everyone

It was a good thing that he had Exia as one of the 3 MS Forms he could use. For all he know,00 QAN[T]'s sword and bits (which aren't made of anything relating to metal) may not work as nicely at damaging the Jellyfishes since as Daniel said,they're water,psychic steel and ground type attacks. If Hisashi used Hot Scramble,the most he could do is go fisticuffs or kicking at them,or probably send funnels rammingg into the jellyfish (which definitely isn't the intended use,as unlike 00Q's Sword bits,they're meant to shoot).

For the only one left....he'd rather not use him,yet. After all....the remaining form he could turn into is his first valuable partner for life which he always turned into,and doing so may expose his true identity to some enemies who very likely recognises him as the the only user of Destiny Gundam. No one but Hisashi himself ever had the incentive to truly use Destiny for EVERY battle in the front lines where he had to fly. Out of all of it,he turned into Destiny out of pity for the fact that every MS Human believes the Destiny to be a flawed MS Form to turn into,like how Hisashi himself was always the one being detested at as by logic,he himself is a demon,the kind stereotypically known to be the worst enemies of mankind. Made worst by the way he was in his past. Only people and monarchs from 3 kingdoms out of perhaps millions or more accepted him as equal....

...No,it doesn't matter. I just need to focus on helping them restore light without letting them know about what I am. Is what Hisashi thought as he continued slicing the Jellyfish while Inazuma is covering him from a distance.

Chloe listened to what Danials had to say about its weakness and quickly took her Pokeball and returned Glaceon. "You did a good job, but I think you will do better,". Chloe took another one of her Pokeballs and threw it out into the area where the jelly-ish Ultrabeasts were coming out. This times a floating keychain came out, or by someone wise would know it was a Klefki. It seemed to be rusty and old.

"Klefki uses Mirror Shot on the closest one," Klefki then rang and a shimmer or gray light came out aimed at one of the Jellyfish. Chloe looks at her belt and realized that she didn't have any other spare Pokeballs to throw at the beasts before her.

Chloe looked over to Danial. "You have any spare Pokeballs?" he called out. As Danials called out about the Special Defence she gritted her teeth, Klefki really only knew Mirror Shot as a steel type. "Use spikes at the floor and bait them into them," Chloe said.

"So, you just say commands and do them?" Nagito asked, then looked at the owl, "Um... What was that one thing you just did? It looked like razor sharp leaves."
In return, the small owl tilted its head to the side, seeming to have heard a move, but it wasn't as clear. "Koo?"
"Blade leaves?"
The bird seemed to shake its head 'no'.
"Knife leaves?"
Another no.
"Shurikin leaves?"
No.
"Razor leaves?"

The bird flew up happily as it trilled in confirmation. Now Nagito could order attacks at least, even if it were just one! "Okay then..." the teen murmured, then looked to the wormhole that the jellyfish were coming from. Pointing to it, Nagito shouted, "Use those razor leaves in the portal to keep more from spilling out!"

With a 'koo', the owl flapped its short wings and numerous sharpened leaves began to dart into the portal, hitting a few of the jellyfish as they came.

Seems the "owl" Pokémon is sending it's projectiles towards the portal,preventing the other Jellyfishes from entering the scene. Hisashi started wondering if he should activate Trans Am and quickly finish all the Jellyfishes off in a flash.

Who knows what will happen next after Trans Am deactivates....some mage appears and exposes his actual identity to everyone else and attempts to make them turn on him? Or some Destroy Gundam is gonna show up out of nowhere and start threatening the lives of others? Next thing he know....his wife would probably appear to heal him from a fatal injury and lecture him for not letting her come with him to help....

@MetaGiga @Crow

"Steel huh...." The very first thing Hisashi did was...well,throw his mace towards 3 of the Jellyfish Pokémons who happened to be perfectly aligned for the tip of the mace to skewer them at once. Telling Inazuma to stay back,he turned into Gundam Exia,wielding the GN Sword and dashed towards them. "Not sure if cutting works...but at least I could still ram them to their deaths.....I think"
20171201_1497491.jpg

(Uh....the stand holding the Gunpla in the pic above did not appear with Hisashi btw)

Not wanting to be the load,Inazuma had no choice but to shoot down the jellyfish. The turret on her backpack aimed at one of the Jellyfishes nearing Hisashi from behind,and shot it down.
"Sorry Mr Jellyfish...! > <"

Taken back by the jellyfish getting shot behind him,he looked at Inazuma,gave her a thumbs up and his gratitude.

"Thanks Inazuma!" Inazuma smiled back,admittedly while she doesn't like fighting as much as the rest of her fleet,she still has to help the ones who are kind to her. Meanwhile Hisashi continued his assault on the jellyfishes,slicing them down and hoping that none of them got the others hurt.

As the small owl cried out in pain of being bound by tentacles, Nagito (having barely avoided the Venoshock towards his face) was trying to think of a way to help his new friend. Compared to everyone else, he was worthless! The only thing he has is his luck!

Wait... Didn't he technically also have a 'Pokémon' or whatever they were called? "Um... Little owl, can you do anything? If you can, then... Owl, use whatever you can use!" Nagito commanded, imitating the orders that the others had used to make their own creatures attack. The green owl, though its vision was obscured by Venoshock, heard the command and managed to wiggle a single wing free. With a flap, razor sharp leaves flew everywhere, hitting many of the jellyfish. One of the sharp leaves sliced a tentacle keeping the owlet captive, giving it enough time to fly free.

Amelia nodded, stepping to the side to avoid the venoshock, not taking notice as it hit her legs and boots. Instead, she crouched, pulled out a leaf from her bag, began chewing and took two shots, not looking where they had hit before dropping in two more rounds into the barrel.

((shes actually not wearing the djster rather the 1st recon beret, ciuriers duster and combat boots.))

Stull let out an 'oomph'as he was covered with the venoshock. After a moment of dancing in an attempt to wipe it off, he unsheathed his sword and rand towards the one closest to the ground, hoping he could get close enough to do the damage.

Daniel Harris and Lucifer Morningstar

Daniel should have known that they needed to be grounded when it came to be effected. It seemed that there was an army of them appearing and it was going to be difficult to defeat all of them. However, he had an idea. He checked his inventory. Fuck. He only had two beast balls, but a ton of pokeballs, Great Balls and Ultra Balls. ( And his unused Master ball)

" It seemed that its special defense is up, if we ground them, I think Twiggy's Earthquake will be very effective. I got some PP up, so I might be able to stall for this for a good chunk of time. Also, these are pokemon, so we should be able to attempt to capture them, Chloe. Generally, it would be advisable to use Beast Balls as they have a higher chance of catching, but I only have two of them and that is not going to work for this army."

" Twiggy, now use Earthquake on the ground ones to finish them," he told the pokemon, looking over at Lucifer and tossing him an ultra ball. " Try to catch one of the frozen things with this and see if it works since you aren't doing anything and I can't catch and give Twiggy commands. "

Lucifer rolled his eyes, choosing to ignore the comment of the younger man.

" I'm observing their weakness," he replied, tossing the Ultra Ball at the mound of frozen ice jellyfish. The odds of this working was so low that he would be surprised if it didn't bounce off the ice block when he tried to do it.

"
They are considered rock types which means they have water as a weakness. Don't ask how the floating jellyfish is a rock type, it never makes sense and yes, some of the crocs and hippos are weak to water and can't swim. Don't try to logic Pokémon, your brain will hurt."

@Crow @Everyone

It was a good thing that he had Exia as one of the 3 MS Forms he could use. For all he know,00 QAN[T]'s sword and bits (which aren't made of anything relating to metal) may not work as nicely at damaging the Jellyfishes since as Daniel said,they're water,psychic steel and ground type attacks. If Hisashi used Hot Scramble,the most he could do is go fisticuffs or kicking at them,or probably send funnels rammingg into the jellyfish (which definitely isn't the intended use,as unlike 00Q's Sword bits,they're meant to shoot).

For the only one left....he'd rather not use him,yet. After all....the remaining form he could turn into is his first valuable partner for life which he always turned into,and doing so may expose his true identity to some enemies who very likely recognises him as the the only user of Destiny Gundam. No one but Hisashi himself ever had the incentive to truly use Destiny for EVERY battle in the front lines where he had to fly. Out of all of it,he turned into Destiny out of pity for the fact that every MS Human believes the Destiny to be a flawed MS Form to turn into,like how Hisashi himself was always the one being detested at as by logic,he himself is a demon,the kind stereotypically known to be the worst enemies of mankind. Made worst by the way he was in his past. Only people and monarchs from 3 kingdoms out of perhaps millions or more accepted him as equal....

...No,it doesn't matter. I just need to focus on helping them restore light without letting them know about what I am. Is what Hisashi thought as he continued slicing the Jellyfish while Inazuma is covering him from a distance.

Chloe listened to what Danials had to say about its weakness and quickly took her Pokeball and returned Glaceon. "You did a good job, but I think you will do better,". Chloe took another one of her Pokeballs and threw it out into the area where the jelly-ish Ultrabeasts were coming out. This times a floating keychain came out, or by someone wise would know it was a Klefki. It seemed to be rusty and old.

"Klefki uses Mirror Shot on the closest one," Klefki then rang and a shimmer or gray light came out aimed at one of the Jellyfish. Chloe looks at her belt and realized that she didn't have any other spare Pokeballs to throw at the beasts before her.

Chloe looked over to Danial. "You have any spare Pokeballs?" he called out. As Danials called out about the Special Defence she gritted her teeth, Klefki really only knew Mirror Shot as a steel type. "Use spikes at the floor and bait them into them," Chloe said.

"So, you just say commands and do them?" Nagito asked, then looked at the owl, "Um... What was that one thing you just did? It looked like razor sharp leaves."
In return, the small owl tilted its head to the side, seeming to have heard a move, but it wasn't as clear. "Koo?"
"Blade leaves?"
The bird seemed to shake its head 'no'.
"Knife leaves?"
Another no.
"Shurikin leaves?"
No.
"Razor leaves?"

The bird flew up happily as it trilled in confirmation. Now Nagito could order attacks at least, even if it were just one! "Okay then..." the teen murmured, then looked to the wormhole that the jellyfish were coming from. Pointing to it, Nagito shouted, "Use those razor leaves in the portal to keep more from spilling out!"

With a 'koo', the owl flapped its short wings and numerous sharpened leaves began to dart into the portal, hitting a few of the jellyfish as they came.

Seems the "owl" Pokémon is sending it's projectiles towards the portal,preventing the other Jellyfishes from entering the scene. Hisashi started wondering if he should activate Trans Am and quickly finish all the Jellyfishes off in a flash.

Who knows what will happen next after Trans Am deactivates....some mage appears and exposes his actual identity to everyone else and attempts to make them turn on him? Or some Destroy Gundam is gonna show up out of nowhere and start threatening the lives of others? Next thing he know....his wife would probably appear to heal him from a fatal injury and lecture him for not letting her come with him to help....

@MetaGiga @Crow

The jellyfish, cut by the owl's attacks, let it free. Three other Jellyfish were successfully, cleanly sliced by Hisashi's attacks, with their glass bodies, still moving, falling to the floor. They seemed hollow, but that wasn't the point now.

Mirror Shot knocked another to the ground.

As Amelia's shots lured them towards her, and by extension, the ground, Stull's blade would make contact with them.

Finally, Water Hazard would unleash his pressurized water blasts upon members of the storming jellyfish.

An Ultra Ball was tossed on top of one of the Jellyfish, causing it to be transformed into light as it was drained into the ball.

"Wait wait wait, you could do that?" Water Hazard looks in shock.

FWOOSH

"Apparently not."

The jellyfish escaped the insides of the Ultra Ball, freely hovering despite a good top half of itself being cut.

Just then, what some might recognise as a Beast Ball - based on its blueprint-like top half - flew across the place, landing atop the very jellyfish that just escaped.

Click.

If some were to turn behind, they would note that the one who threw the ball was a woman.

7gLzvQv.jpg

"Thank you for the assistance, but I would reccommend that returning them home would be preferred."

"How do we do that? You know, aside from this," Water Hazard swings a fallen Jellyfish by the tentacle and tosses it back into the wormhole, causing it to knock into some of its emerging brethren like a bowling ball. The emergence of the jellyfish was now slowed.

As soon as the woman had... Captured?... The jellyfish, the owl flew over to the blueprint patterned ball on the ground, pecking curiously at it. Was it really captured? The owl had to make sure, after all. Nagito, however, looked to the woman. "How're we supposed to send them back? I don't think that asking them to go back into the wormhole thing will work... Also, where exactly is this place? I've never heard of a place called Aloha. Well, something similar would be Hawaii in America. And they only greet people by saying 'aloha' I've heard..."

The small bird stopped pecking at the ball on the ground and gave Nagito an extremely confused look. "Hoo..?"

"Oh. And I've never seen this type of bird before. What's it called?"

"H-home..? You mean they have families back there? No....what have I....?"
Inazuma was torn apart by the fact that the Jellyfishes that attacked them had their homes as mentioned by the woman. Could it have meant that she had just killed several of the jellyfishes' families? That wasn't what she wanted,she wasn't looking forward to killing anyone or anything, especially if they have a family to go back to somewhere. Noticing her horrified look,Hisashi went to console her.
"Inazuma,it's okay,you were just defending the others from the jellyfishes." He looked at the woman who threw the Pokéball at one of them- Is that Brynhildr(from the Throne of Heroes)'s hairstyle? -and asked. "You said they have a home,didn't you? Where do they live?"

@Crow

@Tamotsu

"Well, I came from my own home to wherever this is through one of those wormhole things. And I used to have a family. It's safe to assume that they have families and a home. So in a way, we're all committing a hate crime!" Nagito laughed, which earned him a peck from his owl, "Ow! What was that for?"

The only response he was given was an angry trill, which made Nagito even more confused. He didn't say anything bad, right? He stated a fact. What was so wrong about that?

"That's....really not helping her feel better from the guilt,but thanks for trying though."

"T-they'll come back alive and join us,right..?" That question caught Hisashi's attention. "Come back alive"? What could she have meant?

"May i ask what you mean by "come back alive and join us"?"

"Well....in my world....my Admiral enemies,called Abyssal Fleet....whenever one of them is sunk,they'll come to join Admiral's fleets...the same could be said for those on my side too though. I think I remember Kaga nee-san saying that she herself was sunk and became an Abyssal,then she got sunk as an Abyssal and came back to Admiral's side."

"Admiral's side......so there's an "Admiral's side" and a "Abyssal Fleet" side in your world,and i assume that you're in the "Admiral's side"?"

"Y-yes,either one of them dies,they'll join Admiral. If either one of my comrades died...then they'll be with the Abyssal Fleet"

One Abyssal Fleet member is sunk....and then they'll join the side where Inazuma is in.....and if anyone on the side where Inazuma is dies....they'll become an Abyssal Fleet member.....the horror hit Hisashi when he realised what she meant.

"You mean everyone in your world has to fight forever in a meaningless war...?"

"Y...you could say that...Ah-! Don't worry! We still have time to relax from expeditions and battles! I mean....I also have to get used to killing,even though I'd like to save my enemies if I can..." Hisashi looked really grim,a world where one is forced to keep fighting anyone continuously......whether it's killing someone they love for the 11th time....or killing an enemy for the 20th time.....it is a miracle that Inazuma isn't broken by her experience,and that they still live their lives normally for some time....or least according to her that is.

@MetaGiga

"Returning them home, eh?" Amelia asked as she shot her last. She then stood, resting the gun against her shoulder. "Maybe you should have appeared sooner. I only shoot to kill."

Stull paused, staring as the first ball had failed and another was thrown, "I've not seen such magic before..."

Chloe - Talking to The Woman @Crow

Chloe blood was racing in her body. It didn't happen often that she was this filled with adrenalin. More often then not she battled for sport. She hasn't caught or battled a wild pokemon in years. It was quite a trill but a dangerous one at this, whatever these floating pokemon were Chloe didn't know what they could do. Which gave them their dangerous nature in her eyes. However as the flow of crowd of Ultra-beasts seemed to be stemmed an Ultra-ball came out from behind them.

The woman who threw it talked.

"Do you know where they came from? Were these your pokemon? Who are you?" Chloe started to ask many questions she was confused after all she wanted to know what was going on. As this was happening the rusted Klefki floated over his shoulder.

Daniel and Lucifer

Daniel looked over at the woman and flipped through his notebook. The kid had mentioned a few names and he looked over at the woman, but it seemed he hadn't written it down. " Well, that seems fair," he said, returning Twiggy and sending out Miss Octo to use her moves to knock the UB-01 in.

"
Squirts, knock them into the portal if you can."

@Crow

7637952227ab4ca275a836e55cc57517--playstation-games-best-games.jpg

A long eared man named Jak and his ottsel friend named Daxter were driving in the Wasteland when the portal to another world made Jak stop and stare up as Daxter pointed at the portal.

"Hey Jak, should we check it out?"

Jak shrugged "Not right-

He got cut off as the portal sucked him and Daxter right in and soon after they were in a world called Aaether.

Daxter looked confused "Uh, Jak. WHERE ARE WE?!"

Jak got up and looked around "I.. don't know. All I know is I was driving and then here we are.

It seems there were 2 additions into the "party",a man with some Undine ears,and a talking ferret(?).

"Seems like the crowd is enlarging...hmm?" He turned to look at Inazuma,apparently snapped out of her depression within a split second,looking at Daxter. One could probably see a star shining in each of her eye as she looked at him as if he's the most adorable creature on the planet.

@dark