Murder Tale VII: The Devil's Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_o4m7kgyRwW1ri3cnzo3_250.png

"W-Weirdo?! Me?! Look, there's a man who's in a pink frilly dress! If there's anyone weird around here, it would be him!"

Monsieur Loyal rubbed his temples as if he was trying to calm down. He knew that several of these individuals weren't from around, so he had to deal with the comments. Releasing a huge sigh, he seemed to be less tense. "Here in the carnival, we receive many individuals from different places, or universes. I don't know why you all are here; however, I do know my job. And that's to get you all inside the carnival!"

tumblr_o4m7kgyRwW1ri3cnzo4_250.jpg

He pointed at the man who called his actions inhumane as he slightly raised his voice. "Don't you dare say that anything is inhumane! Without rules, this carnival would be reigned in chaos!" Monsieur Loyal then looked at the boy with greenish hair as he tried his best to answer the question.

"There are no rewards," he said in a serious tone. "Unless you follow me until the end."

@Jeremi @Crow @Verite @T.O.M. @Bomb @DapperDogman @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Those who are at the entrance with Monsieur Loyal and ready to enter:
(2/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah

Waiting on:
(24/26)
@T.O.M. @Crow @The Tactician @C.T. @The Silver Paladin @DapperDogman
@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ryu Keiko @york @OrlandoBloomers @Krieg
@Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Atomyk @Jeremi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Archwar @IntrusivePenDesperateSword
@Gwazi Magnum @ResistingTheEnlightened @GlassTrinity @Bomb @MrSandman

These are just the people who are ready to go to inside the carnival. Please make sure to post heading towards the entrance, waiting on Monsieur Loyal or waits on Monsieur Loyal for entrance.

Once everyone has posted this, I will know to continue. You may continue to take your time.
The Once and Future Queen:

latest

"My name is Amalia." Is what Ashe said to herself when she stood at this mysterious place. "That's what it is." She looked around. The crowd was made up of some strange people, but it reminded her of Rabanastre in a way. The different people mingling and messing around. She listened to Monsieur Loyal in what he had to say. She straightened her skirt and shirt, and shifted her sword.

@CCC Kouhai @Anyone @Shitty Post @Writer's Block sucks

As Sam waited eagerly for Aika to hand over her dolly in exchange for a free pet of Iggy, the spirit caught a fist coming towards him. Slowly turning to face it, Sam let out a curious 'ooh?' before the fist impacted with his face. Blood wasn't split however and Bazett's fist would have been coated to the brim with what appeared to be..

2332925.jpg

Pumpkin seeds??? Sam's body laid prone on the ground and the back of his mask was torn open. Revealing what seemed to be oodles of pumpkin seeds and gunk flowing out of the back of his head as blood would in almost any other creature. But for his part Sam didn't seem too perturbed by what had just occurred. Calmly pushing himself onto his rear, Sam reached back bad patted down the flap on his mask that had been torn open by Bazett punching him so ferociously. Pushing himself back up to his feet however, Sam glanced up at the woman and his giggle was gone. Replaced with a far more menacing sound.

"Hisss..."

But this wasn't the place to fight Bazett or even to fight at all. Sam had no real intentions of doing so. The blow this woman had dealt him would heal quickly enough in any regard. Which is why he'd seemingly vanish from Bazett's point of view only to reappear behind Aika as Sam trembled and clutched at the other 'child's shoulder with his lolipop still in hand.
She took this without concern, straightening back up and shaking her fist free of extraneous pumpkin seeds. So the little sack one was not responsible for this...or at least, she didn't think so. That response on his end spelled it out--
His eyes turned to the woman who had punched Sam, a critical look in his eye, "Can you not punch kids anymore, or do you enjoy it? Because if you do, then you're not going find any friends around."
"Do not misunderstand. I am still acclimating to this new...situation. When a little sack...child approaches and does nothing but ominously laugh, it is only natural that an accomplished Magus defend herself forthwith from a perceived danger. That said...you have my apologies, little one." She addressed to Sam.​
He then noticed the tension between an odd looking child and another individual as Loyal would have yelled at them. "Do not start quarreling! I'll have to get Cordis again, and that man would probably remind me of his raise! I can't handle the talk of money when my pockets aren't filled with it!" If the physical actions between the two continued, Loyal would have no choice but to consider calling for someone who could separate the two.​
"No need. Things are amicable again. Right?" She directed a steely stare at Sam.

@T.O.M. @The Tactician @CCC Kouhai

ORSzdIz.jpg

More importantly, Sam had other matters to attend to than getting into a round of fisticuffs. Stepping back from Aika as she seemed to 'speak' to her dolly, Sam gently cradled the doll as it was handed off to him. He never had a doll before! But then he never really explored the idea of giving out gifts himself. He'd share his candy if some kid had a treat that Sam wanted or just to trade in general. But something like this was fueled by the spirit's need to keep to the child mentality that he had while in this form. So with lolipop in one hand and dolly in the other, Sam wasn't left with too many options on how to get his name across.

"Hmm..."

Aha! Setting Dolly on the ground, Sam didn't seem to make any gestures. But the doll would soon rise to it's feet and taking Sam's lolipop from him, it began to carve out a name on the ground while Sam gestured for Aika to look down. In reality the doll wasn't moving of it's own accord but more Sam manipulating it with his telekinesis.

Once the 'message' was finished, the doll went limp and Sam gently picked it up once more and nodded.

[MY NAME'S SAMHAIN OR SAM FOR SHORT. WHAT'S YOURS? :)]

@Gummi Bunnies
For a moment, Aika felt confused as to why Sam was setting Dolly on the ground, but soon gave a surprised expression to see that her Dolly had sprung to life all of a sudden. It... It was like magic!

"Whoa! Dolly! How did you... ?"

Aika wasn't sure how to describe it, to see her special Dolly that her mother made for her do such a thing. Only living the life of a normal child, Aika wasn't aware that it was all done with Sam's telekinesis.

"Okay Sam, I'm Aika~! I don't know how you and Dolly did that, but that was sooo coool!"

At this moment, Aika's eyes were full of life from that one moment, that it was almost like sparkling crystals. It was more reason why she felt so attached to her Dolly, and found it special due to her mother's words. And of course, Aika had always loved her mother and father.
Before the undead Kamen Rider could continue in the most Kamen Rider-like manner possible, Yurusen pops up again.

tumblr_o1nlwpG7wn1tmm1afo1_500.png

"I know Kamen Riders think too much with their heart and not their brain, kid, but that isn't an excuse to act too rash right now."

"But-" Takeru was about to say something.

"Respect your elders kid. The carnival hasn't even started. Oh and... get some takoyaki if they sell some."

"What do you-"

tumblr_o1nlwpG7wn1tmm1afo1_500.png

"Aaahh~ don't look~" Yurusen teases as it vanishes again.

latest

Must as well.

Takeru bows in apology. "My apologies."

Turning towards the group he encountered, he said, "Let's go. You all ready?"

@Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @T.O.M. @Jeremi @Verite @CCC Kouhai @C.T. @Jeremi
His eyes widened in horror as Sam was pounded mercilessly in the ground by the woman. First workers experimenting on visitors who broke the rules instead of kicking them out, now people were beating the snot out of little kids? What the heck was wrong with the people around here?

"Hey, what the heck are y-!" His cry for explanation died as he saw what spewed out of the boy's head. Where there should have been blood, there was only pumpkin seeds, as if his brain was simply a miniature version of the orange vegetable (Fruit? Vegetable? Not like it mattered at the moment.) W-What is this kid...? Already, this carnival was turning into a weirder experience than his short time in Ivalice. At least there, he would have a sword and shield to protect himself from the monsters that roamed the lands.

Whatever Sam was, Luso was as defenseless as a baby, and he had a feeling he would regret being so if he allowed it to continue.

"K-Kid... Can you not do that again, please? You scared a lot of us with that stunt," For now, he would try to be friends with the creature, hopefully staying on his good side. His eyes turned to the woman who had punched Sam, a critical look in his eye, "Can you not punch kids anymore, or do you enjoy it? Because if you do, then you're not going find any friends around."

With those last words, he tapped Aika on the shoulder, "I'm going to wait by the entrance for Loyal, okay? You and your friends should stick with me, I'm sure we can find your parents if we look long enough."

"..." Luso was just going to ignore how he did that and filed away the name of the boy for future reference, "If you want, Sam, you can come with Aika and meet me at the entrance."

@Verite @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @CCC Kouhai @Jeremi @Crow @T.O.M.
tumblr_o4ku0fGeh21v3qowuo9_100.png

"Oh, okay Luso! Me and Sam will tag along too. I'm sure that my parents have to be nearby if I'm here."

With a rather cheered up tone in her voice, probably from seeing how Sam and her Dolly did a cool magic trick, Aika felt inclined to tag along with the others to the entrance to wait for Loyal. However, she added a few words for Sam too.

"Maybe if you and Dolly have a special connection already, you can hold onto Dolly for a bit longer, alright Sam?"

A smile growing on her face, Aika seemed to be finally warming up to this new setting, with the thought in her head that her parents weren't too far away from her.

@Verite @The Tactician @C.T. @CCC Kouhai @Jeremi @Crow @T.O.M.

tumblr_o4m7kgyRwW1ri3cnzo3_250.png

"W-Weirdo?! Me?! Look, there's a man who's in a pink frilly dress! If there's anyone weird around here, it would be him!"

Monsieur Loyal rubbed his temples as if he was trying to calm down. He knew that several of these individuals weren't from around, so he had to deal with the comments. Releasing a huge sigh, he seemed to be less tense. "Here in the carnival, we receive many individuals from different places, or universes. I don't know why you all are here; however, I do know my job. And that's to get you all inside the carnival!"

He pointed at the man who called his actions inhumane as he slightly raised his voice. "Don't you dare say that anything is inhumane! Without rules, this carnival would be reigned in chaos!" Monsieur Loyal then looked at the boy with greenish hair as he tried his best to answer the question.

"There are no rewards," he said in a serious tone. "Unless you follow me until the end."

@Jeremi @Crow @Verite @T.O.M. @Bomb @DapperDogman @CrunchyCHEEZIT

(2/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah

Waiting on:
(24/26)
@T.O.M. @Crow @The Tactician @C.T. @The Silver Paladin @DapperDogman
@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ryu Keiko @york @OrlandoBloomers @Krieg
@Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Atomyk @Jeremi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Archwar @IntrusivePenDesperateSword
@Gwazi Magnum @ResistingTheEnlightened @GlassTrinity @Bomb @MrSandman

These are just the people who are ready to go to inside the carnival. Please make sure to post heading towards the entrance, waiting on Monsieur Loyal or waits on Monsieur Loyal for entrance.

Once everyone has posted this, I will know to continue. You may continue to take your time.
"So it's a secret huh?" Daisuke said. He was worried on Nazca and Leary, but it looks like there was no other choice.

Daisuke walked towards the entrance, waiting for it to open.

@CCC Kouhai

tumblr_o4m7kgyRwW1ri3cnzo1_250.png

Monsieur Loyal overheard the little girl who was approaching at the entrance. Her talk of whether her parents entered the carnival or not made him think about seeing them. He tried his best to remember, gathering up the information within his memory to find an older couple. Once he had remembered, Loyal would have knelt in front of the girl, smiling.

"Oh sweety, I don't think your parents are here. If anything, they probably just left you here like many other abandoned kids we have. It's alright. Don't think you're so special, kid."
The male chuckled as he stood back up, waiting for others to approach the entrance.

"Though," his mind went back to the thought of the rewards that he had said, "if you stick with me until the end, maybe you'll find your parents."

@Gummi Bunnies @Bomb
: )

(5/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb

Last edited by a moderator:
Kyousuke Hyoubu was finally cornered. His ESP was being jammed, and the opponent before him was no slouch either. Working on both fighting the ESP jammer and evading being turned into a kabob by his opponent would be a rather difficult task. Perhaps even impossible.

Thus, he had only one way to run.

The esper smirked at the man before him. He was already completely enraged thanks to Kyousuke's prodding. He'd felt useless for his lack of esper powers and that his sister's powers were so strong. And Kyousuke didn't miss his chance to make fun of that fact.

tumblr_inline_mrakckQEl31qz4rgp.png

"Later."

Kyousuke teleported. Obviously he'd need to appear somewhere, right? But what if he didn't process any reappearance coordinates?

---

Thus here he was. Popped out somewhere completely alien to him. That was alright, he'd make his way back eventually, when the time was right.

But for now, he'd just go along with everyone else. He headed towards the entrance, waiting on Monsieur Loyal.

Monsieur Loyal overheard the little girl who was approaching at the entrance. Her talk of whether her parents entered the carnival or not made him think about seeing them. He tried his best to remember, gathering up the information within his memory to find an older couple. Once he had remembered, Loyal would have knelt in front of the girl, smiling.

"Oh sweety, I don't think your parents are here. If anything, they probably just left you here like many other abandoned kids we have. It's alright. Don't think you're so special, kid."
The male chuckled as he stood back up, waiting for others to approach the entrance.

@Gummi Bunnies

(5/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb.​
Oh, he did not just do that right in front of Luso's eyes. He didn't really think he could just do that, did he? Well, if he did, then Luso wasn't going to stand for it.

"Hey, what the heck is your problem?! She doesn't want to be here, so cut her some slack!" Before he could even stop himself, his mouth was in motion, snapping off at the man. It didn't matter if there was a rule or not against it, to heck with them. Luso hated when people picked on others, especially when it came to their parents, and authority figure or not, he was going to call the man out for his cruelty.

@Verite @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @CCC Kouhai @Jeremi @Crow @T.O.M. @Gummi Bunnies

His eyes widened in horror as Sam was pounded mercilessly in the ground by the woman. First workers experimenting on visitors who broke the rules instead of kicking them out, now people were beating the snot out of little kids? What the heck was wrong with the people around here?

"Hey, what the heck are y-!" His cry for explanation died as he saw what spewed out of the boy's head. Where there should have been blood, there was only pumpkin seeds, as if his brain was simply a miniature version of the orange vegetable (Fruit? Vegetable? Not like it mattered at the moment.) W-What is this kid...? Already, this carnival was turning into a weirder experience than his short time in Ivalice. At least there, he would have a sword and shield to protect himself from the monsters that roamed the lands.

Whatever Sam was, Luso was as defenseless as a baby, and he had a feeling he would regret being so if he allowed it to continue.

"K-Kid... Can you not do that again, please? You scared a lot of us with that stunt," For now, he would try to be friends with the creature, hopefully staying on his good side. His eyes turned to the woman who had punched Sam, a critical look in his eye, "Can you not punch kids anymore, or do you enjoy it? Because if you do, then you're not going find any friends around."

With those last words, he tapped Aika on the shoulder, "I'm going to wait by the entrance for Loyal, okay? You and your friends should stick with me, I'm sure we can find your parents if we look long enough."
Sam looked over as Luso seemed to be concerned for his well-being. That was something humans did a lot. Usually in those horror movies he caught glimpses of here and there while roaming neighborhoods and monitoring to see if any of Halloween's rules were broken. Mind you asking if someone was 'okay' in those films usually resulted in someone's death immediately after. But aside from the occasional pumpkin seed dripping out from behind the flap of his mask, he didn't really feel too much pain from Bazett's blow. He'd taken worse like being struck by a shotgun or even having holes punched straight into his body. The wound would soon close up and it'd be as if nothing had even happened.

"Eeeeeehh.." Sam murmured dismissively as he waved off Luso's concern. He'd been around for a thousand years, a punch to the head wasn't anything to get worked up over and he didn't even hold a grudge against the woman who did it. But he supposed that more sympathy was gained on his part namely due to his appearance. Grown-ups always got themselves into a tizzy over children being injured.

But Sam was the oldest grown-up of them all and he didn't mind murdering children. Not that he went about doing so himself. He had minions to do that for him. Like the rotting reanimated corpses of other children who would devour the flesh of the children who had broken Halloween's rules. Absolved Sam of any guilt and he could go about his business without needing to get his own hands dirty.
"..." Luso was just going to ignore how he did that and filed away the name of the boy for future reference, "If you want, Sam, you can come with Aika and meet me at the entrance."
"Heh..heh."

Sam always loved when people were amazed or stunned by what he could do. He heard Native Americans revered him and spoke of him as a spirit that would protect you. Provided you followed the customs that Sam upheld to a t. They also didn't say that Sam was a good spirit. But he didn't bother thinking about morality. He did what he had the most fun with and if the fun had to stop when he had to dole out judgement? Then so be it! It helped when he had minions like zombies and werewolves to do most of the heavy work when Sam just wanted to focus on his fun times.

But he did like the company of this Aika and he wanted to stay with her. So he would nod his head up and down in Luso's direction.

"Yes...Heheheh."
"Do not misunderstand. I am still acclimating to this new...situation. When a little sack...child approaches and does nothing but ominously laugh, it is only natural that an accomplished Magus defend herself forthwith from a perceived danger. That said...you have my apologies, little one." She addressed to Sam.
vPzzGpE.jpg

As was mentioned before, Sam didn't really have strong feelings about Bazett one way or the other. Sure she had gone and split his head open. But that'd heal up and soon things would be fine between them! Maybe they could even be friends! As the woman explained herself and gave her apologies, Sam waved it off and reappearing in front of Bazett, the spirit gave the woman as much of a hug as he could manage while glancing up at her. She could at least tell or had some idea that Sam wasn't human but she also acknowledged his child like demeanor and appearance.

"Ok..."

Vanishing back to Aika's side, the spirit gave a friendly wave. To assure Bazett that there were no lingering feelings of hostility between the two of them.

For now anyway. :)
For a moment, Aika felt confused as to why Sam was setting Dolly on the ground, but soon gave a surprised expression to see that her Dolly had sprung to life all of a sudden. It... It was like magic!

"Whoa! Dolly! How did you... ?"

Aika wasn't sure how to describe it, to see her special Dolly that her mother made for her do such a thing. Only living the life of a normal child, Aika wasn't aware that it was all done with Sam's telekinesis.

"Okay Sam, I'm Aika~! I don't know how you and Dolly did that, but that was sooo coool!"

At this moment, Aika's eyes were full of life from that one moment, that it was almost like sparkling crystals. It was more reason why she felt so attached to her Dolly, and found it special due to her mother's words. And of course, Aika had always loved her mother and father.
"Hehehehe!"

Children were so easily pleased and Sam was no exception. Despite not actually being a child but a spirit created by Celtic Witches back in Ireland. Why couldn't all of the children Sam saw on Halloween be more like Aika? Instead of the ones who were more content with bullying those who actually studied up on Halloween's lore and recognized who Sam actually was. Those were the kids who didn't get eaten up by vengeful zombies raised from their murky graves by Sam's magic. At the compliment however, Dolly rose once more and gave a polite curtsy before going limp as Sam cradled her up in his arms.

Following after Luso and Aika to the Entrance, Sam gave a wave towards Hisoka. He couldn't forget about his other best friend after all!

P7bzpi2.jpg

"oooh..."

Harsh.

Sam couldn't exactly relate. He had existed all this time and carried on the guise of a mischievous trick r treater. This included adopting a child's mentality but that didn't add in the want for any kind of parental figure. Besides, even if he acted like a kid, technically Sam was more than old enough to take care of himself. Besides the witches who created the idea of Samhain back in Ireland didn't seem like they'd be the most motherly of figures anyhow. But he supposed to keep up appearances, he'd have to try and console his newly found friend in some manner. Which is why Sam hugged Aika while Dolly made out a new message to make up for Sam's reluctance to speak properly.

[it's okay, Aika. I don't have parents either. but you have your dolly and now you have me!]

@CCC Kouhai @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @The Tactician @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @ughsomanytags

"Uh..."

Luso couldn't help but be creeped out by the strange clown-like figure. The man was clearly touched in the head, making weird comments and giggling to himself for no apparent reason. In fact, he seemed to be staring at Sam and Aika, the two little kids in the group, whenever he giggled. What a creep...

"Hey, are you one of the carnies, mister? Shouldn't you be getting ready for your part in the events?" Luso didn't care if the man was a worker or not. He just wanted to spook him and get him to leave the kids alone long enough for the police to arrive in case of an emergency.

@Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @T.O.M. @Jeremi @Crow @CCC Kouhai @C.T. @Jeremi
Iggy would look at Hisoka, noticing his intense stare. Iggy would snort and stick his canine tongue out at the Jester, giving him a mocking raspberry.

However, when Hisoka began to look deep within Iggy...he found something very, very peculiar. There was something else inside of him; an extension of his very soul, but manifested as something...separate. For a split second, when Hisoka gleamed deeper and deeper into the supernatural aspect of Iggy...

latest

A being appeared to him. No one could see it, no one but Hisoka. The being looked like something out of a garage; a massive, dog-like creature made from mechanical bits and car parts smashed together with no real effort or attention to detail. It was made lazily, but the pure simplicity of its design was what made it frightening, even for a second.

Before Hisoka could even open his mouth or raise his arm, the being vanished without a trace. Iggy was still staring at him...yet, the dogs face contorted into a knowing smirk; it was completely aware of what just happened.

<"Prick.">

@Verite @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @CCC Kouhai @Jeremi @Crow @The Tactician @T.O.M.
tumblr_inline_nwt3y00jp61rsaze3_540.jpg

As Hisoka silently stared at the others in front of him, Iggy seeming to catch his attention in particular, if only because the dog would look right back at the jester, it felt like the two of them entered a random stare down. From the view of others who would be seeing that, it would almost be as though the two of them were staring at each other for no particular reason, though Hisoka could sense that whatever was inside the dog... He was a rare instance where the bite was worse than the bark.

And Hisoka wanted to see just how hard he could bite for himself.

That would just be the best.

And then it came.

tumblr_inline_mudyd5B94Y1rxy3w0.png

The very essence of Iggy's soul was seen by Hisoka, whether intentional or not. It appeared and disappeared in an instant, but that instant was enough to intimidate even the jester, whose eyes would widen in a brief fit of surprise as he would step back for a brief moment.

Heh, so he was right about the dog, wasn't he? Yes... This will be indeed exhilarating. Truly something to remember.

tumblr_inline_nwt42qkw4O1rsaze3_540.jpg

Though his face was surprised for a brief moment, his expression quickly changed to a pleased one. Like a person watching an effectively scary film, he was quite intimidated, and in such a way that stimulated him positively.

He wanted to see more, more, more! He was about to try to think up something to try to get the dog to pull it out once again, but before long, he'd be interrupted by something. Some kid that... was difficult to read. Examining Luso, taking a few seconds to just look at him instead of responding to the boy's remark, the boy was... more difficult to read. At this moment, it didn't seem like he was notably powerful, yet something told Hisoka... there was certainly more to him than meets the eye, at the very least.

tumblr_inline_mudz5s9bYR1rxy3w0.png

"Mmm... I suppose it would look that way, wouldn't it? But no... I'm just like you, child. Confused, dazed... vulnerable..." Hisoka said, emphasizing the last word for some odd reason. Following the two of them along with Aika, Sam, and whoever would come along, the jester couldn't help but stretch his arms idly.

tumblr_n9qgtdlSIg1ryuzqeo1_500.gif

"... And excited by those emotions."

One of those emotions was not like the other.

@The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @CCC Kouhai @C.T. @Jeremi @Crow

• Love
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
Sam looked over as Luso seemed to be concerned for his well-being. That was something humans did a lot. Usually in those horror movies he caught glimpses of here and there while roaming neighborhoods and monitoring to see if any of Halloween's rules were broken. Mind you asking if someone was 'okay' in those films usually resulted in someone's death immediately after. But aside from the occasional pumpkin seed dripping out from behind the flap of his mask, he didn't really feel too much pain from Bazett's blow. He'd taken worse like being struck by a shotgun or even having holes punched straight into his body. The wound would soon close up and it'd be as if nothing had even happened.

"Eeeeeehh.." Sam murmured dismissively as he waved off Luso's concern. He'd been around for a thousand years, a punch to the head wasn't anything to get worked up over and he didn't even hold a grudge against the woman who did it. But he supposed that more sympathy was gained on his part namely due to his appearance. Grown-ups always got themselves into a tizzy over children being injured.

But Sam was the oldest grown-up of them all and he didn't mind murdering children. Not that he went about doing so himself. He had minions to do that for him. Like the rotting reanimated corpses of other children who would devour the flesh of the children who had broken Halloween's rules. Absolved Sam of any guilt and he could go about his business without needing to get his own hands dirty.

"Heh..heh."

Sam always loved when people were amazed or stunned by what he could do. He heard Native Americans revered him and spoke of him as a spirit that would protect you. Provided you followed the customs that Sam upheld to a t. They also didn't say that Sam was a good spirit. But he didn't bother thinking about morality. He did what he had the most fun with and if the fun had to stop when he had to dole out judgement? Then so be it! It helped when he had minions like zombies and werewolves to do most of the heavy work when Sam just wanted to focus on his fun times.

But he did like the company of this Aika and he wanted to stay with her. So he would nod his head up and down in Luso's direction.

"Yes...Heheheh."

vPzzGpE.jpg

As was mentioned before, Sam didn't really have strong feelings about Bazett one way or the other. Sure she had gone and split his head open. But that'd heal up and soon things would be fine between them! Maybe they could even be friends! As the woman explained herself and gave her apologies, Sam waved it off and reappearing in front of Bazett, the spirit gave the woman as much of a hug as he could manage while glancing up at her. She could at least tell or had some idea that Sam wasn't human but she also acknowledged his child like demeanor and appearance.

"Ok..."

Vanishing back to Aika's side, the spirit gave a friendly wave. To assure Bazett that there were no lingering feelings of hostility between the two of them.

"Hehehehe!"

Children were so easily pleased and Sam was no exception. Despite not actually being a child but a spirit created by Celtic Witches back in Ireland. Why couldn't all of the children Sam saw on Halloween be more like Aika? Instead of the ones who were more content with bullying those who actually studied up on Halloween's lore and recognized who Sam actually was. Those were the kids who didn't get eaten up by vengeful zombies raised from their murky graves by Sam's magic. At the compliment however, Dolly rose once more and gave a polite curtsy before going limp as Sam cradled her up in his arms.

Following after Luso and Aika to the Entrance, Sam gave a wave towards Hisoka. He couldn't forget about his other best friend after all!

P7bzpi2.jpg

"oooh..."

Harsh.

Sam couldn't exactly relate. He had existed all this time and carried on the guise of a mischievous trick r treater. This included adopting a child's mentality but that didn't add in the want for any kind of parental figure. Besides, even if he acted like a kid, technically Sam was more than old enough to take care of himself. Besides the witches who created the idea of Samhain back in Ireland didn't seem like they'd be the most motherly of figures anyhow. But he supposed to keep up appearances, he'd have to try and console his newly found friend in some manner. Which is why Sam hugged Aika while Dolly made out a new message to make up for Sam's reluctance to speak properly.

[it's okay, Aika. I don't have parents either. but you have your dolly and now you have me!]

@CCC Kouhai @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @The Tactician @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @ughsomanytags

When Luso turned back to see Sam's message to Aika, he couldn't help but smile. The kid seemed nice enough beyond the weird pumpkin seeds, and Aika seemed to like him well. It helped that he was also in the same boat, "Yeah, Aika, don't worry. What that guy said wasn't the truth, and you've got me and Sam to keep you company for now. We'll find your family soon en-"

As Hisoka silently stared at the others in front of him, Iggy seeming to catch his attention in particular, if only because the dog would look right back at the jester, it felt like the two of them entered a random stare down. From the view of others who would be seeing that, it would almost be as though the two of them were staring at each other for no particular reason, though Hisoka could sense that whatever was inside the dog... He was a rare instance where the bite was worse than the bark.

And then it came.

The very essence of Iggy's soul was seen by Hisoka, whether intentional or not. It appeared and disappeared in an instant, but that instant was enough to intimidate even the jester, whose eyes would widen in a brief fit of surprise as he would step back for a brief moment.

Heh, so he was right about the dog, wasn't he? Yes... This will be indeed exhilarating. Truly something to remember.

Though his face was surprised for a brief moment, his expression quickly changed to a pleased one. Like a person watching an effectively scary film, he was quite intimidated, and in such a way that stimulated him positively.

He wanted to see more, more, more! He was about to try to think up something to try to get the dog to pull it out once again, but before long, he'd be interrupted by something. Some kid that... was difficult to read. Examining Luso, taking a few seconds to just look at him instead of responding to the boy's remark, the boy was... more difficult to read. At this moment, it didn't seem like he was notably powerful, yet something told Hisoka... there was certainly more to him than meets the eye, at the very least.

"Mmm... I suppose it would look that way, wouldn't it? But no... I'm just like you, child. Confused, dazed... vulnerable..." Hisoka said, emphasizing the last word for some odd reason. Following the two of them along with Aika, Sam, and whoever would come along, the jester couldn't help but stretch his arms idly.

"... There's a joke about priests being replaced by clowns somewhere..."

Without hesitation, the high schooler placed himself between Hisoka and the younger kids, ready to fight to protect them, "Listen, whatever your deal is, I don't like it. How about you just leave the kids alone, you creep?"
Ashe (Under the guise of Amalia) stepped up to the Entrance with Monsieur Loyal.

@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@CCC Kouhai
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Shitpost woo!
His eyes glanced at the woman who approached them, a faint sense of recall striking him. For some reason, he felt as if he had heard of a woman that fit her description somewhere before, back when he was in Ivalice. Was she from Ivalice? Maybe he could find a friend here who could help him out.

He waved at her, trying to get her attention, and pointed at the clown, "Hey, could you help us? This guy's trying to bother these kids!"

@Verite @Archmage Jeremiah @The Silver Paladin @CCC Kouhai @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb

"Though," his mind went back to the thought of the rewards that he had said, "if you stick with me until the end, maybe you'll find your parents."

@Gummi Bunnies @Bomb

(5/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
Oh, he did not just do that right in front of Luso's eyes. He didn't really think he could just do that, did he? Well, if he did, then Luso wasn't going to stand for it.

"Hey, what the heck is your problem?! She doesn't want to be here, so cut her some slack!" Before he could even stop himself, his mouth was in motion, snapping off at the man. It didn't matter if there was a rule or not against it, to heck with them. Luso hated when people picked on others, especially when it came to their parents, and authority figure or not, he was going to call the man out for his cruelty.

tumblr_o4mfhdBhrr1v3qowuo5_100.png

"... my parents... abandoned me?"

Aika's young little mind ran through that thought, and boy it didn't add up well. Did her parents really abandon her? But she was their perfect little girl. There was no other reason for them to abandon her... if they loved her so much... Her father got her a dog which she named Biskit... and her mother got her that new doll recently. Was there really any reason they would...?

Was it because she was the odd one out at school?

Was it because she would shut herself in her room with the rest of the toys she owned?

Was it because she walked out of the house to play the park without telling her parents?

Was it because she didn't play the piano that well as her mother anticipated?

Aika felt like she was being overwhelmed by the possibilities, nearing the verge of tears... she didn't even notice Luso going up to defend her case... that she wasn't abandoned by her own parents.

"Heh..heh."

"Yes...Heheheh."

vPzzGpE.jpg

"Ok..."

"Hehehehe!"

P7bzpi2.jpg

"oooh..."

Harsh.

The abrupt hug coming from Sam snapped Aika from her near bout of tears, a surprised look on her face. Looking over Sam's shoulder, she would see her Dolly up and making another message that she would assume to be coming from Sam.

"You don't... have parents?"

Did Sam's parents abandon him? It seemed almost wrong to her, how a child this young would be abandoned by his parents without much remorse... But yet, he managed to keep that giddy demeanor around him, not showing any signs of hurt feelings when it came to mentioning that he had no parents.

"Y-Yeah... you and Dolly are still with me... and Luso's nice too. I don't... want to think that my parents left me here, but I want to think that they're looking for me... somewhere... they'll never abandon me like that.... b... because mommy and daddy love me... and I love them back."

Working up a sad smile, Aika wrapped her arms around Sam, returning the hug.

@CCC Kouhai @The Tactician @C.T. @The Tactician @Verite @Crow @Jeremi

When Luso turned back to see Sam's message to Aika, he couldn't help but smile. The kid seemed nice enough beyond the weird pumpkin seeds, and Aika seemed to like him well. It helped that he was also in the same boat, "Yeah, Aika, don't worry. What that guy said wasn't the truth, and you've got me and Sam to keep you company for now. We'll find your family soon en-"

Without hesitation, the high schooler placed himself between Hisoka and the younger kids, ready to fight to protect them, "Listen, whatever your deal is, I don't like it. How about you just leave the kids alone, you creep?"

His eyes glanced at the woman who approached them, a faint sense of recall striking him. For some reason, he felt as if he had heard of a woman that fit her description somewhere before, back when he was in Ivalice. Was she from Ivalice? Maybe he could find a friend here who could help him out.

He waved at her, trying to get her attention, and pointed at the clown, "Hey, could you help us? This guy's trying to bother these kids!"

And then it came.

Ashe nodded at Luso and stepped forward. "Leave them alone." She said to the clown. "They're not messing with you. They did nothing to you, so leave them alone." Ashe said. "One of them is obviously terrified out of her mind, and you aren't making it any better for her. You're just a creep." Ashe said, putting her hand on her sword for emphasis. "Now leave them alone."

@Verite @Gummi Bunnies

tumblr_o4mfhdBhrr1v3qowuo5_100.png

"... my parents... abandoned me?"

Aika's young little mind ran through that thought, and boy it didn't add up well. Did her parents really abandon her? But she was their perfect little girl. There was no other reason for them to abandon her... if they loved her so much... Her father got her a dog which she named Biskit... and her mother got her that new doll recently. Was there really any reason they would...?

Was it because she was the odd one out at school?

Was it because she would shut herself in her room with the rest of the toys she owned?

Was it because she walked out of the house to play the park without telling her parents?

Was it because she didn't play the piano that well as her mother anticipated?

Aika felt like she was being overwhelmed by the possibilities, nearing the verge of tears... she didn't even notice Luso going up to defend her case... that she wasn't abandoned by her own parents.

The abrupt hug coming from Sam snapped Aika from her near bout of tears, a surprised look on her face. Looking over Sam's shoulder, she would see her Dolly up and making another message that she would assume to be coming from Sam.

Did Sam's parents abandon him? It seemed almost wrong to her, how a child this young would be abandoned by his parents without much remorse... But yet, he managed to keep that giddy demeanor around him, not showing any signs of hurt feelings when it came to mentioning that he had no parents.

"Y-Yeah... you and Dolly are still with me... and Luso's nice too. I don't... want to think that my parents left me here, but I want to think that they're looking for me... somewhere... they'll never abandon me like that.... b... because mommy and daddy love me... and I love them back."

@CCC Kouhai @The Tactician @C.T. @The Tactician @Verite @Crow @Jeremi

"Heh..heh."

"Yes...Heheheh."

vPzzGpE.jpg

"Ok..."

"Hehehehe!"

P7bzpi2.jpg

"oooh..."

Harsh.

Iggy looked over to Sam and Aika; the two brats that tried to pet him. Kids are always the same, they thing Iggy some some kind of cute doggy that they can just take home, like any other dog. Slap a collar on 'em, and badaboom, you have your own little slave to drool over and starve to death while you hop around like a bunch of idiots.

Well, newsflash, those dogs are little bitches (both literally and metaphorically) and Iggy is not a bitch. For years he grew up alone on the streets of New York, fending for a small Boston Terrier. Even before he got his stand, Iggy knew himself to be the toughest mutt around. A surge confidence washed over the dog as he thought about his personal successes and how awesome he truly was.

He beat Pet Shop. He fooled Vanilla Ice.

He was kind enough to stick around with those guys; even after Jotaro threw him across a desert.

Hell yeah, Iggy is awesome! Iggy is the best! He doesn't take shit from anyone!

tumblr_njdg09V2y81r0pz8jo1_500.gif

Iggy would scurry past the two children, strutting up to the main gate where Loyal was located. Whatever challenge this ringmaster bastard threw at him, The Fool could take it on.

@CCC Kouhai @The Tactician @C.T. @The Tactician @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @T.O.M. @The Silver Paladin

Ashe nodded at Luso and stepped forward. "Leave them alone." She said to the clown. "They're not messing with you. They did nothing to you, so leave them alone." Ashe said. "One of them is obviously terrified out of her mind, and you aren't making it any better for her. You're just a creep." Ashe said, putting her hand on her sword for emphasis. "Now leave them alone."

@Verite @Gummi Bunnies
i6q6rSo.png

Teleporting behind Ashe, Kyousuke rested his arm on her shoulder.

"So scary. Who said he doesn't just have a rough time explaining himself? That quick judgment of yours is so scary~"

He didn't sound too serious about it, though. The clown guy did give off some bad vibes.​

Thus here he was. Popped out somewhere completely alien to him. That was alright, he'd make his way back eventually, when the time was right.

But for now, he'd just go along with everyone else. He headed towards the entrance, waiting on Monsieur Loyal.

P7bzpi2.jpg

"oooh..."

Harsh.

Sam couldn't exactly relate. He had existed all this time and carried on the guise of a mischievous trick 'r treater. This included adopting a child's mentality but that didn't add in the want for any kind of parental figure. Besides, even if he acted like a kid, technically Sam was more than old enough to take care of himself. Besides the witches who created the idea of Samhain back in Ireland didn't seem like they'd be the most motherly of figures anyhow. But he supposed to keep up appearances, he'd have to try and console his newly found friend in some manner. Which is why Sam hugged Aika while Dolly made out a new message to make up for Sam's reluctance to speak properly.

Ashe (Under the guise of Amalia) stepped up to the Entrance with Monsieur Loyal.

@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@CCC Kouhai
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Shitpost woo!

"You dare call me out?!" He would yell at Luso, gritting his teeth. There was another rule broken, and of course, rules were meant to be obeyed! Loyal wouldn't want any other individuals to be influenced by the man calling him out, for it would give the others the idea of pushing Monsieur Loyal around. Heck, if any of the other carnies saw Loyal allowing this man to slip by, they would all think it was alright to talk to the ringmaster like that. So, the male's arm rose as he brought it towards Luso, striking him at the cheek. This was not Loyal's full strength, as he could have broken the poor man's jaw. "Break another rule again, and I'll have you sent for punishment." He would straighten his sleeves and make sure that there was no saliva owned by the younger boy who Loyal had hit. The ringmaster then looked upon all of them, bowing in apology for his violent eruption. "I dearly apologize for you all to have to see that. However, rules are rules and I cannot allow someone to break them! Please, let us all hurry! There is so much more to this carnival than I!"

He then noticed that there were some issues between the other male who almost looked as if he was part of the carnival; however, Loyal knew by feeling that the man was not someone who should be messed around with. Loyal threw his fist at the gate, creating a loud sound that would bring them all to a silence. "I say, if I have to be enraged like this again, I will seek for someone to take one of you!"

He looked at the tall female who was the next one to approach the entrance as he saw her hand upon what looked like a sword. Monsieur Loyal would have walked towards the female, extending a hand as if he was going to confiscate her possession. "We cannot have weapons within the carnival! That is the fourth rule broken in one day! What am I supposed to do with you all?!"

"Frederika!" Loyal yelled out into the entrance, "I seek your assistance at once!"

Whelp, you all are in trouble now.

@The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @T.O.M. @The Silver Paladin

(9/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Kaykay
@T.O.M.
@The Silver Paladin
@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Last edited by a moderator:

@Verite @Gummi Bunnies

tumblr_inline_mudynh1Rcz1rxy3w0.png

"Hmm? What's this? Two kids want to play with me, then? I'll have you know that... I play rough. And I intend to win when I play rough at that as well."

Aha. Ahahaha.

So that was it.

This child wanted to pick a fight with him, eh? Aha. Ahahahaha.

How amusing. How interesting. How hilarious. How delicious!

HOW EXCITING!

Or rather... It would be if Hisoka took Luso more seriously, but at the moment... Unless there were some way to draw out any sort of power from the boy, Hisoka wouldn't find him even worth killing. No... Not at all. Unless he were to be surprised, and though there was a time where Hisoka believed that he would be bored forever... Well, his mind had been opened to many new possibilities.

And perhaps he could help open up Luso as well, hmm?~

Hisoka broke into a small laughter at this. He was being challenged, already? How quaint. Even if he didn't possess a lot of power as he was right now... Perhaps he could help... season the boy here? Just like he did with Gon?

Let us see if he's made of sterner stuff...

tumblr_inline_mudzag5Nzm1rxy3w0.png

Staring down at Luso and Ashe, his expression changing to that of a monster in an instant, he could feel his heart began to beat faster and faster over the span of just a few seconds. If nothing else, they'd be a good warm-up... if they were even worth being called such a title. Be careful what you wished for.

"You are accusing me of crimes I have not committed, for I have not done anything," he spoke in a low voice that somehow kept a relatively high pitch. It was evident that he was feeling quite murderous at the moment, yet at the same time, he was having fun with that emotion, "The little girl does not interest me, and the boy... You can ask him yourself, but we're... close friends."

"However, it matters little to me. If you are so eager to die... then allow me to be the catalyst of that deliverance."

latest

FWOOOOOOSH!

Sticking his hand out slowly and deliberately, Hisoka would release a sort of strange energy. It wasn't particularly physically harmful, nor was it even tangible. In fact, some could say that it was completely invisible, except to those whom Hisoka had in his sights. Hisoka had released his Ren, showing it off to Luso and Ashe, or in other words...

T H I S

He released the pure aura of his bloodlust with the intent to intimidate his two potential opponents in order to test if they were even worth fighting at the moment.

M A N

At that moment, the two of them would be able to know at least one thing about Hisoka.

W A S

He was not a man.

D A N G E R O U S

He was, at the core, more like a monster.

"I'll give you one last chance to back down. It'd be in bad taste even for me to have a taste of fruits that have yet to become fully ripe..." Hisoka spoke briefly, licking his lips, before closing his hand, making a fist. Instead of swinging it however, he simply folded his arm behind his back, letting the esper who would suddenly teleport into the scene speak.

Simply smiling, once again with a deceivingly benign look on his face, Hisoka would put a finger to his mouth, before proceeding to give a more bashful, even shy look.

tumblr_na88qfDgMB1qaib74o1_500.gif

"Yes... Perhaps you could say it like that," Hisoka nodded, as though to affirm Kyousuke's words, "I may not look it, but I'm pretty shy deep down, you know..."

@The Tactician @Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @T.O.M. @C.T. @Jeremi @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT

embed.php

embed.php

Frisk_5.png

The rushing of waters

The glimmer of blue lights

The distant echoes of memories

For a time Frisk had long forgotten, they had come down to this tranquil area of the Ruins time after time. The child was always so entranced in the beauty of this strange piece of the Ruins, feeling both chills down their spine and determination in their heart. For awhile, the child had not acted like themselves, constantly trying their best to retain both innocence and kindness. Through all the battles, through all the trials, Frisk was tested, and judged, and now their kindness was finally rewarded with the surface and friends to truly call their family. Yet despite how some would gladly leave the place that caused Frisk so much pain, the child always returned to this place, sitting by the river's edges.

A breath escaped Frisk's lips, the savior gazing about the waterfalls. It truly was something of a beauty, to hear the voices of the Memory Flowers, illuminating rivers, and the cold breeze from surface winds being reduced to gentle breezes against the gems and flora of this wonderland. All-in-all, Frisk loved it, and while they knew that not everything was perfect, they had a family, they went to the surface, and they had conquered against the evil temptations that had caught so many before. A patient smile crossed the child's face, the human arising slowly, a red scarf wrapped around the angel's neck. A scarf that was, thanks to Papyrus, a welcome accessory, one that Frisk cherished with their overwhelming kindness and willingness of friendship.

With a turn, Frisk was beginning to walk, before a sudden sound rang out.

It was deep, mellow, yet sonorous and echoing. The child froze, feeling that something terrible and wicked had come to visit in this ancient aquatic labyrinth. Underneath that head full of hair, a gasp escaped Frisk's lips, the human nearly stumbling in pure shock. Grasping at one's heart, Frisk took a solemn, deep breath, blankly staring ahead as the memories danced and danced in that conflicted head.

A lone sunflower sat on the opposite edge of the river, a flower that Frisk recognized.

Could it be? Could it really? Frisk could only imagine and fathom, it had felt like years since they had encountered Him again. Would he be the same, or would he be different? Thoughts ran wild, the body moving without the mind, Frisk pushing ahead to transverse over narrow, thin, small juts of rock found on the surface of the rushing waters. A right hand extended outwards towards the familiar flower, the hand of Frisk, a hand that had chosen to not wield the knife but to grasp the hands of friendship. Shakily, Frisk tried to call out...

But nobody heard.

In an instant, the waters came, spurned with Mother Nature's undying fury. A shrill escaped Frisk's lips, the child falling off that shaky piece of earth, water dancing around the angel as they fell deeper into the waters. The world shifted and rotated violently, Frisk kicking and arising occasionally to break the surface of the river, gazing at the distant, lonely sunflower. A ringing echoed in Frisk's head, the world becoming undone, memories of forgotten tales playing over and over. In those waters, Frisk saw the memories before those concealed eyes, seeing the murder, the blood, the war, the silhouette of a child who had sacrificed love for LOVE.

Desperately, Frisk called out their names, unable to ascend out of the rushing water, catching sight of an impending waterfall on the horizon. Toriel, Sans, Papyrus, Undyne, Alphys, Mettaton, Asgore, all were spoken, all were screamed, all were cried out as the breath was being taken from the angel's lungs. Determination went but so far, Frisk feeling dragged underneath the currents, the iconic sweater bogging the child virtually into the very ground surface of the waters. With darkness approaching, the light flickered, and one last time, the voices were whispered...

But nobody came.

----

Among the other participants in this joyously terrible festival, a lone figure arose shakily to their feet. Water dripped from the child's brown hair, heavy breaths going in and out in a constant rhythm and ebb. Fists that were once clenched in attempts to combat the rivers were unraveled, the faint glow of a red, heart-shaped object illuminating underneath an iconic purple-stripped, blue sweater. With one slow movement, Frisk's head arose, the child looking dazed and frighten, yet still retaining an almost patient, if not worried smile.

EOOgRpV.gif

@CCC Kouhai @Others

" Hi! Hehehehe!"

Unlike the others who may have been perturbed by Hisoka's strange and perverted mannerisms, Sam couldn't help but find those same traits endearing. The clown was one of the few people Sam had come across who would embrace Halloween's ideals wholeheartedly even if he had no idea the holiday existed before meeting Sam. Besides the obvious fact that despite all appearances, Sam wasn't truly a child and so he didn't feel at all threatened by Hisoka's gestures. Not taking account of the fact that not much really got under Sam's skin to begin with. Unless they were damn dirty rule-breakers!

So while Luso snapped on Hisoka, Sam turned his head in the direction of the hunter and smiled. Even with his arms wrapped around Aika as they were, Sam manipulated Dolly into giving Hisoka a wave in Sam's place. He was glad to have a familiar face to hang with in such a fun place like this carnival!

Sam shook his head from side to side as Luso continued to judge Hisoka! The man was clearly just excited over wanting to make new friends! He showed off the same attitude when the pagan spirit first met him. But Sam didn't think Hisoka was deserving of such rudeness. Then again Sam didn't exactly keep the best kinds of company with ravenous werewolves who posed as seductive women who dressed in alluring costumes on Halloween to lure in unsuspecting men to their doom. Then you had the zombies Sam summoned to sic on whoever he felt was deserving of such a punishment.

Hisoka was just a nice man who wanted to get into the Halloween spirit.

Sam didn't see anything wrong with that in the slightest.

ARQjRe3.jpg

Oh, Sam hoped Aika didn't cry. He already had to take time to clean bloodstains out of his costume from those meddlesome rulebreakers! He didn't want to have to stop and clean it because of tears! But her question earned her a non committal shrug from the spirit. Would life have been any different if the witches who created the idea of Samhain been around to raise him? He didn't really think so. He thought for being a thousand years old, he turned out pretty well! But maybe Aika was deserving of a little explanation. The doll continued to write, animated by Sam's power.

["No. Not abandon. But long dead by the time I came about. But for a thousand years I've gotten by fine! I'm sure you will too.."]

There was that positive tone Sam always tried to show off! Giving an affectionate coo, he continued the hug. But the good times would not last for long as Sam heard a loud noise as if someone had been slapped and so they had. Breaking his hug from Aika, Sam watched as Luso was seemingly punished for breaking a rule.

Wait, so this place had it's own set of rules too? Like Halloween did and Sam enforced those?

"Hehehehehe!"

["Rules are fun! I enforce Halloween rule's myself! :)"]
FWOOOOOOSH!

Sticking his hand out slowly and deliberately, Hisoka would release a sort of strange energy. It wasn't particularly physically harmful, nor was it even tangible. In fact, some could say that it was completely invisible, except to those whom Hisoka had in his sights. Hisoka had released his Ren, showing it off to Luso and Ashe, or in other words...

T H I S

He released the pure aura of his bloodlust with the intent to intimidate his two potential opponents in order to test if they were even worth fighting at the moment.

M A N

At that moment, the two of them would be able to know at least one thing about Hisoka.

W A S

He was not a man.

D A N G E R O U S

"I'll give you one last chance to back down. It'd be in bad taste even for me to have a taste of fruits that have yet to become fully ripe..." Hisoka spoke briefly, licking his lips, before closing his hand, making a fist. Instead of swinging it however, he simply folded his arm behind his back, letting the esper who would suddenly teleport into the scene speak.
Sam had felt this sensation before. It wasn't threatening to him and Sam had no real desire to flex his own power. But seeing someone like Hisoka speak of fighting and to show off his power like this was like a goldmine for the rambunctious little spirit! Hopping up and down, Sam clutched at his mask and giggled up a storm. Were these guys going to fight Hisoka? Sam didn't want to see either Aika or Hisoka get hurt. But if rules were broken and someone had to get hurt? Then maybe Sam could make an exception. But for now, he'd waddle over to Hisoka's side and gently sought to grasp at Hisoka's other hand.

"Hehehe."

kiwlwS3.jpg

@Kaykay @Verite @CCC Kouhai @The Tactician @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @The Silver Paladin @Jeremi

"You dare call me out?!" He would yell at Luso, gritting his teeth. There was another rule broken, and of course, rules were meant to be obeyed! Loyal wouldn't want any other individuals to be influenced by the man calling him out, for it would give the others the idea of pushing Monsieur Loyal around. Heck, if any of the other carnies saw Loyal allowing this man to slip by, they would all think it was alright to talk to the ringmaster like that. So, the male's arm rose as he brought it towards Luso, striking him at the cheek. This was not Loyal's full strength, as he could have broken the poor man's jaw. "Break another rule again, and I'll have you sent for punishment." He would straighten his sleeves and make sure that there was no saliva owned by the younger boy who Loyal had hit. The ringmaster then looked upon all of them, bowing in apology for his violent eruption. "I dearly apologize for you all to have to see that. However, rules are rules and I cannot allow someone to break them! Please, let us all hurry! There is so much more to this carnival than I!"

He then noticed that there were some issues between the other male who almost looked as if he was part of the carnival; however, Loyal knew by feeling that the man was not someone who should be messed around with. Loyal threw his fist at the gate, creating a loud sound that would bring them all to a silence. "I say, if I have to be enraged like this again, I will seek for someone to take one of you!"

He looked at the tall female who was the next one to approach the entrance as he saw her hand upon what looked like a sword. Monsieur Loyal would have walked towards the female, extending a hand as if he was going to confiscate her possession. "We cannot have weapons within the carnival! That is the fourth rule broken in one day! What am I supposed to do with you all?!"

"Frederika!" Loyal yelled out into the entrance, "I seek your assistance at once!"

Whelp, you all are in trouble now.

@The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @T.O.M. @The Silver Paladin

(9/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Kaykay
@T.O.M.
@The Silver Paladin
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
Luso didn't even flinch as the punch connected and his head jerked to the side. While it did sting to be punched so suddenly, it wasn't as though he wasn't used to such blows by now. His time on Ivalice had taught him to take a punch, be it to his shield or to his cheek. This ringmaster didn't have anything on the bangaas back in his second home.

"If you're going to hit me... Then how about you actually hit me, and not call your lackey in like a bully being stood up to?"

This wasn't going to end well for Luso, and he didn't care at this point.

tumblr_inline_mudynh1Rcz1rxy3w0.png

"Hmm? What's this? Two kids want to play with me, then? I'll have you know that... I play rough. And I intend to win when I play rough at that as well."

Aha. Ahahaha.

So that was it.

This child wanted to pick a fight with him, eh? Aha. Ahahahaha.

How amusing. How interesting. How hilarious. How delicious!

HOW EXCITING!

Or rather... It would be if Hisoka took Luso more seriously, but at the moment... Unless there were some way to draw out any sort of power from the boy, Hisoka wouldn't find him even worth killing. No... Not at all. Unless he were to be surprised, and though there was a time where Hisoka believed that he would be bored forever... Well, his mind had been opened to many new possibilities.

And perhaps he could help open up Luso as well, hmm?~

Hisoka broke into a small laughter at this. He was being challenged, already? How quaint. Even if he didn't possess a lot of power as he was right now... Perhaps he could help... season the boy here? Just like he did with Gon?

Let us see if he's made of sterner stuff...

tumblr_inline_mudzag5Nzm1rxy3w0.png

Staring down at Luso and Ashe, his expression changing to that of a monster in an instant, he could feel his heart began to beat faster and faster over the span of just a few seconds. If nothing else, they'd be a good warm-up... if they were even worth being called such a title. Be careful what you wished for.

"You are accusing me of crimes I have not committed, for I have not done anything," he spoke in a low voice that somehow kept a relatively high pitch. It was evident that he was feeling quite murderous at the moment, yet at the same time, he was having fun with that emotion, "The little girl does not interest me, and the boy... You can ask him yourself, but we're... close friends."

"However, it matters little to me. If you are so eager to die... then allow me to be the catalyst of that deliverance."

latest

FWOOOOOOSH!

T H I S

M A N

W A S

He was not a man.

D A N G E R O U S

Simply smiling, once again with a deceivingly benign look on his face, Hisoka would put a finger to his mouth, before proceeding to give a more bashful, even shy look.

tumblr_na88qfDgMB1qaib74o1_500.gif

"Yes... Perhaps you could say it like that," Hisoka nodded, as though to affirm Kyousuke's words, "I may not look it, but I'm pretty shy deep down, you know..."

@The Tactician @Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @T.O.M. @C.T. @Jeremi @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Now this, this did cause him to flinch.

Fora moment, his knees buckled and nearly gave out on him. Whatever the thing before him was, he knew it wasn't human, and any monster that impersonated a human was not something to be trifled. Maybe he should back down...

Then he remembered the things he had fought before and laughed.

"I've been chased by the undead," A shiver ran through his back at the memory of those particular fights, "a literal god, and worst of all, a giant chicken that wanted to peck my head in. I can't exactly be afraid of a clown with some magic on his side at this point after facing all of that."

Paladins like him didn't back down from a challenge, and Soldiers especially didn't back down. Holy powers or not, he was ready for this to turn into a fight, and he would make sure him and the strangely familiar woman won.

@Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @T.O.M. @C.T. @Jeremi @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite

Status
Not open for further replies.