Murder Tale VII: The Devil's Carnival

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARQjRe3.jpg

Oh, Sam hoped Aika didn't cry. He already had to take time to clean bloodstains out of his costume from those meddlesome rulebreakers! He didn't want to have to stop and clean it because of tears! But her question earned her a non committal shrug from the spirit. Would life have been any different if the witches who created the idea of Samhain been around to raise him? He didn't really think so. He thought for being a thousand years old, he turned out pretty well! But maybe Aika was deserving of a little explanation. The doll continued to write, animated by Sam's power.

["No. Not abandon. But long dead by the time I came about. But for a thousand years I've gotten by fine! I'm sure you will too.."]

There was that positive tone Sam always tried to show off! Giving an affectionate coo, he continued the hug. But the good times would not last for long as Sam heard a loud noise as if someone had been slapped and so they had. Breaking his hug from Aika, Sam watched as Luso was seemingly punished for breaking a rule.

Wait, so this place had it's own set of rules too? Like Halloween did and Sam enforced those?

"Hehehehehe!"

["Rules are fun! I enforce Halloween rule's myself! :)"]
tumblr_o4mf9gCK4c1v3qowuo3_100.png

"... a thousand years?"

If Aika's basic arithmetic she learned in grade school was correct, a thousand was like putting 10 "one hundreds" together? Either way, that was a mighty long time, and she was only eight years old! Though, she had little fantasies before, such as thinking that she was an adventurer when she went out to travel the nearby park from her home in the middle of the night, so maybe it was some sort of fantasy that Sam had.

"Yeah... I think I'll be fine... when I get older. I wouldn't want to... bother my mommy and daddy too much. That way, I'll grow up to be whoever I want to be in the future!"

Though, Aika's new bout of happiness and joy was soon tumbling down again once she heard a sharp crack, almost like someone was being...

tumblr_o4m7kgyRwW1ri3cnzo4_250.jpg

"You dare call me out?!" He would yell at Luso, gritting his teeth. There was another rule broken, and of course, rules were meant to be obeyed! Loyal wouldn't want any other individuals to be influenced by the man calling him out, for it would give the others the idea of pushing Monsieur Loyal around. Heck, if any of the other carnies saw Loyal allowing this man to slip by, they would all think it was alright to talk to the ringmaster like that. So, the male's arm rose as he brought it towards Luso, striking him at the cheek. This was not Loyal's full strength, as he could have broken the poor man's jaw. "Break another rule again, and I'll have you sent for punishment." He would straighten his sleeves and make sure that there was no saliva owned by the younger boy who Loyal had hit. The ringmaster then looked upon all of them, bowing in apology for his violent eruption. "I dearly apologize for you all to have to see that. However, rules are rules and I cannot allow someone to break them! Please, let us all hurry! There is so much more to this carnival than I!"

He then noticed that there were some issues between the other male who almost looked as if he was part of the carnival; however, Loyal knew by feeling that the man was not someone who should be messed around with. Loyal threw his fist at the gate, creating a loud sound that would bring them all to a silence. "I say, if I have to be enraged like this again, I will seek for someone to take one of you!"

He looked at the tall female who was the next one to approach the entrance as he saw her hand upon what looked like a sword. Monsieur Loyal would have walked towards the female, extending a hand as if he was going to confiscate her possession. "We cannot have weapons within the carnival! That is the fourth rule broken in one day! What am I supposed to do with you all?!"

"Frederika!" Loyal yelled out into the entrance, "I seek your assistance at once!"

Whelp, you all are in trouble now.

@The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @T.O.M. @The Silver Paladin

Those who are at the entrance with Monsieur Loyal and ready to enter:
(9/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Kaykay
@T.O.M.
@The Silver Paladin
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
Luso didn't even flinch as the punch connected and his head jerked to the side. While it did sting to be punched so suddenly, it wasn't as though he wasn't used to such blows by now. His time on Ivalice had taught him to take a punch, be it to his shield or to his cheek. This ringmaster didn't have anything on the bangaas back in his second home.

"If you're going to hit me... Then how about you actually hit me, and not call your lackey in like a bully being stood up to?"

This wasn't going to end well for Luso, and he didn't care at this point.​
... slapped.

"L-Luso?!"

Now with this, Aika was worried. Did something go wrong? She wouldn't think of Luso as someone to be breaking a rule, and to think about it, Aika didn't really see what happened between him and Loyal. If Luso did break a rule, maybe...

"W-W... Wait a second, if Luso broke a rule, m-maybe he did that to do something for someone else, something good... rules are kinda like promises... and it's only the first time for him... breaking a rule here... right?"

For an eight-year-old, Aika somewhat tried to reason things here, trying to keep the peace despite the strange and eerie atmosphere. She just didn't want any conflicts or people being hurt...

tumblr_inline_mudynh1Rcz1rxy3w0.png

"Hmm? What's this? Two kids want to play with me, then? I'll have you know that... I play rough. And I intend to win when I play rough at that as well."

Aha. Ahahaha.

So that was it.

This child wanted to pick a fight with him, eh? Aha. Ahahahaha.

How amusing. How interesting. How hilarious. How delicious!

HOW EXCITING!

Or rather... It would be if Hisoka took Luso more seriously, but at the moment... Unless there were some way to draw out any sort of power from the boy, Hisoka wouldn't find him even worth killing. No... Not at all. Unless he were to be surprised, and though there was a time where Hisoka believed that he would be bored forever... Well, his mind had been opened to many new possibilities.

And perhaps he could help open up Luso as well, hmm?~

Hisoka broke into a small laughter at this. He was being challenged, already? How quaint. Even if he didn't possess a lot of power as he was right now... Perhaps he could help... season the boy here? Just like he did with Gon?

Let us see if he's made of sterner stuff...

tumblr_inline_mudzag5Nzm1rxy3w0.png

Staring down at Luso and Ashe, his expression changing to that of a monster in an instant, he could feel his heart began to beat faster and faster over the span of just a few seconds. If nothing else, they'd be a good warm-up... if they were even worth being called such a title. Be careful what you wished for.

"You are accusing me of crimes I have not committed, for I have not done anything," he spoke in a low voice that somehow kept a relatively high pitch. It was evident that he was feeling quite murderous at the moment, yet at the same time, he was having fun with that emotion, "The little girl does not interest me, and the boy... You can ask him yourself, but we're... close friends."

"However, it matters little to me. If you are so eager to die... then allow me to be the catalyst of that deliverance."

latest

FWOOOOOOSH!

Sticking his hand out slowly and deliberately, Hisoka would release a sort of strange energy. It wasn't particularly physically harmful, nor was it even tangible. In fact, some could say that it was completely invisible, except to those whom Hisoka had in his sights. Hisoka had released his Ren, showing it off to Luso and Ashe, or in other words...

T H I S

He released the pure aura of his bloodlust with the intent to intimidate his two potential opponents in order to test if they were even worth fighting at the moment.

M A N

At that moment, the two of them would be able to know at least one thing about Hisoka.

W A S

He was not a man.

D A N G E R O U S

He was, at the core, more like a monster.

"I'll give you one last chance to back down. It'd be in bad taste even for me to have a taste of fruits that have yet to become fully ripe..." Hisoka spoke briefly, licking his lips, before closing his hand, making a fist. Instead of swinging it however, he simply folded his arm behind his back, letting the esper who would suddenly teleport into the scene speak.

Simply smiling, once again with a deceivingly benign look on his face, Hisoka would put a finger to his mouth, before proceeding to give a more bashful, even shy look.

tumblr_na88qfDgMB1qaib74o1_500.gif

"Yes... Perhaps you could say it like that," Hisoka nodded, as though to affirm Kyousuke's words, "I may not look it, but I'm pretty shy deep down, you know..."

@The Tactician @Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @T.O.M. @C.T. @Jeremi @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Sam had felt this sensation before. It wasn't threatening to him and Sam had no real desire to flex his own power. But seeing someone like Hisoka speak of fighting and to show off his power like this was like a goldmine for the rambunctious little spirit! Hopping up and down, Sam clutched at his mask and giggled up a storm. Were these guys going to fight Hisoka? Sam didn't want to see either Aika or Hisoka get hurt. But if rules were broken and someone had to get hurt? Then maybe Sam could make an exception. But for now, he'd waddle over to Hisoka's side and gently sought to grasp at Hisoka's other hand.

"Hehehe."

kiwlwS3.jpg

@Kaykay @Verite @CCC Kouhai @The Tactician @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @The Silver Paladin @Jeremi
Now this, this did cause him to flinch.

Fora moment, his knees buckled and nearly gave out on him. Whatever the thing before him was, he knew it wasn't human, and any monster that impersonated a human was not something to be trifled. Maybe he should back down...

Then he remembered the things he had fought before and laughed.

"I've been chased by the undead," A shiver ran through his back at the memory of those particular fights, "a literal god, and worst of all, a giant chicken that wanted to peck my head in. I can't exactly be afraid of a clown with some magic on his side at this point after facing all of that."

Paladins like him didn't back down from a challenge, and Soldiers especially didn't back down. Holy powers or not, he was ready for this to turn into a fight, and he would make sure him and the strangely familiar woman won.

@Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @T.O.M. @C.T. @Jeremi @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite
As if Aika's panic and worry wasn't bad enough, the little girl was suddenly startled by Hisoka. Just... just what did he do? Was it like those little magic tricks that Sam did with her Dolly? And even so, how come Sam was so inclined to go over to such a person! Startled and confused by everything, Aika went to pick up her Dolly, cradling it close to her chest for comfort.

@Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @T.O.M. @C.T. @Jeremi @Crow @CCC Kouhai @The Tactician @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite

"You dare call me out?!" He would yell at Luso, gritting his teeth. There was another rule broken, and of course, rules were meant to be obeyed! Loyal wouldn't want any other individuals to be influenced by the man calling him out, for it would give the others the idea of pushing Monsieur Loyal around. Heck, if any of the other carnies saw Loyal allowing this man to slip by, they would all think it was alright to talk to the ringmaster like that. So, the male's arm rose as he brought it towards Luso, striking him at the cheek. This was not Loyal's full strength, as he could have broken the poor man's jaw. "Break another rule again, and I'll have you sent for punishment." He would straighten his sleeves and make sure that there was no saliva owned by the younger boy who Loyal had hit. The ringmaster then looked upon all of them, bowing in apology for his violent eruption. "I dearly apologize for you all to have to see that. However, rules are rules and I cannot allow someone to break them! Please, let us all hurry! There is so much more to this carnival than I!"

He then noticed that there were some issues between the other male who almost looked as if he was part of the carnival; however, Loyal knew by feeling that the man was not someone who should be messed around with. Loyal threw his fist at the gate, creating a loud sound that would bring them all to a silence. "I say, if I have to be enraged like this again, I will seek for someone to take one of you!"

He looked at the tall female who was the next one to approach the entrance as he saw her hand upon what looked like a sword. Monsieur Loyal would have walked towards the female, extending a hand as if he was going to confiscate her possession. "We cannot have weapons within the carnival! That is the fourth rule broken in one day! What am I supposed to do with you all?!"

"Frederika!" Loyal yelled out into the entrance, "I seek your assistance at once!"

(9/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Kaykay
@T.O.M.
@The Silver Paladin
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
6efad3dd7fc4840da789ca626d13b259_480.jpg

Ayumu glanced between the man and Mystletainn "Er..." his eyes narrowed into tired slits slowly "Shit..." slouching slightly, the zombie would speak up
"You er...Can't take the chainsaw off me...it's the only thing keeping me clothed right now...so taking that off me would...cause some problems"

He was sure Loyal wouldn't care, but he felt the need to explain the need to have Mystletainn with him, at least until he got his hands on some new clothes
"I understand the rules, but...Surely 'no nudity' is a rule too..."

He approached the line waiting to go in, and shifted uneasily

@CCC Kouhai @Verite @Archmage Jeremiah @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Kaykay @T.O.M. @The Silver Paladin @CrunchyCHEEZIT

(9/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Kaykay
@T.O.M.
@The Silver Paladin
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
Ashe was taken a bit aback. "It's my husband's. I keep it to honor his memory. He was killed when the Archadian Empire invaded my country." She said about the sword.

Well, guess she broke her Amalia disguise, if anyone happened to be from Ivalice.

@Everyone at the gate

Ashe was taken a bit aback. "It's my husband's. I keep it to honor his memory. He was killed when the Archadian Empire invaded my country." She said about the sword.

Well, guess she broke her Amalia disguise, if anyone happened to be from Ivalice.

@Everyone at the gate
"Wait a second..." Okay, now he had a good idea where he had heard of this woman. For once, he was glad he had paid attention to one of his clan mates' drunken rambling, "Do you know a guy named Vaan? Sky pirate, hangs out with a girl named Penelo?"

Now this, this did cause him to flinch.

Fora moment, his knees buckled and nearly gave out on him. Whatever the thing before him was, he knew it wasn't human, and any monster that impersonated a human was not something to be trifled. Maybe he should back down...

Then he remembered the things he had fought before and laughed.

"I've been chased by the undead," A shiver ran through his back at the memory of those particular fights, "a literal god, and worst of all, a giant chicken that wanted to peck my head in. I can't exactly be afraid of a clown with some magic on his side at this point after facing all of that."

Paladins like him didn't back down from a challenge, and Soldiers especially didn't back down. Holy powers or not, he was ready for this to turn into a fight, and he would make sure him and the strangely familiar woman won.

@Kaykay @The Silver Paladin @T.O.M. @C.T. @Jeremi @Crow @CCC Kouhai @Gummi Bunnies @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite
tumblr_inline_mudxfs2ZiR1rxy3w0.png

"Hooh?"

Not paying Loyal any mind, nor the other people who would seem to react to his display of Ren (except for Sam, whom he would briefly smile at innocently) Hisoka would give Luso a light smirk, admittedly impressed that he would continue to remain on his feet after having a taste of his own bloodlust. It was as though he was powered more by the strength of his willpower than his physical strength... Well, let's just see how far that would get him, eh?

... Actually, no. Hisoka could guess how far he could get, and unless Luso proved himself right here and now, he wasn't going to waste his energy. Not while there were others who Hisoka wanted to... "befriend."

Let's just say that Hisoka might have taken a liking towards Irish women with lots of power output :|

tumblr_inline_mudy7gpGCr1rxy3w0.png

"You can come at me if you please, but as I said... eating fruit that is not yet ripe is something I don't enjoy. I'll admit that you have potential if you were able to stand before my display of Ren... but that was just for show. We have no more business with each other... for now. After all, as I stated, I have only the purest of intentions for the lovely children here... though I will have no qualms with punishing those who are naughty."

With that, he would turn his back on Luso dismissively, continuing to wait for the others so that Loyal could proceed with whatever he intended to do to the rest of these colorful people.

@The Tactician @CCC Kouhai @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @T.O.M. @C.T. @Jeremi @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Silver Paladin

tumblr_o4m7kgyRwW1ri3cnzo3_250.png

"No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No! No!No! No! No! No! No!"

It seemed like the group had pushed the Ringmaster's buttons, as he furiously ran his fingers through his hair. All the talk about breaking the rules was driving him insane, but what pissed the Monsieur more was that a weaker twig than himself said that Loyal was weak. If only he was allowed to bash the life out of the fellow man... However, that would lead to another annoying prick that helped run the carnival with Monsieur Loyal get involved, and Loyal was not going to make this a bigger problem.

"AUGH, where in the devil is that Frederi-"

WHAM!

Next thing you would notice was the monsieur getting knocked to the ground as the woman who he had called approached the entrance. She heard the whole conversation, and even saw the ringmaster strike one of the guests. She knew that this would probably get her into more trouble, but this wasn't the first time Monsieur Loyal physically hurt someone.

tumblr_o4m88cYBSQ1ri3cnzo2_250.png

"'Vhy are you hurting our guests?! 'Jon't you know that there are children around! If Leonard hears about vhis, he von't let you off so easy like last time!" The woman was angry as she had to stop him one way or the other. Guess Loyal forgot that Frederika was probably the only one who could physically hurt him without having any severe consequences. She wasn't easily scared of anyone, either.

@The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @T.O.M. @C.T. @Jeremi @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Silver Paladin @Verite

(10/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Kaykay
@T.O.M.
@The Silver Paladin
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@DapperDogman

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Minerva
Last edited:

It seemed like the group had pushed the Ringmaster's buttons, as he furiously ran his fingers through his hair. All the talk about breaking the rules was driving him insane, but what pissed the Monsieur more was that a weaker twig than himself said that Loyal was weak. If only he was allowed to bash the life out of the fellow man... However, that would lead to another annoying prick that helped run the carnival with Monsieur Loyal get involved, and Loyal was not going to make this a bigger problem.

WHAM.

Next thing you would notice was the monsieur getting knocked to the ground as the woman who he had called approached the entrance. She heard the whole conversation, and even saw the ringmaster strike one of the guests. She knew that this would probably get her into more trouble, but this wasn't the first time Monsieur Loyal physically hurt someone.

"Why are you hurting our guests?! Don't you know that there are children around! If Leonard hears about this, he won't let you off easy like last time!" The woman was angry as she had to stop him one way or the other. Guess Loyal forgot that Frederika was probably the only one who could physically hurt him without having any severe consequences. She wasn't easily scared of anyone, either.

@The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @T.O.M. @C.T. @Jeremi @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Silver Paladin @Verite

(10/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Kaykay
@T.O.M.
@The Silver Paladin
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@DapperDogman

"Uuuhhh..."

Before Luso had had a chance to respond to the clown (though like he wanted to keep talking to the creep), Loyal had begun to lose his mind once again. In fact, he could have sworn the blonde had been about to use that whip on him before... Before the new woman had appeared. The new woman who appeared to be an officer of some kind. An officer in this mad world called a carnival. There really was a god after all.

"Um... I'm guessing you're Frederika, right, ma'am? Am I still in trouble, or do I some leniency since even you're upset with him?"

He almost seemed to shrink in the face of the woman, who appeared to have absolutely no qualms about meting out physical punishment to even her own coworkers. Kind of like his aunt, now that he thought about it. Maybe that also meant she was just worried about them all?​

tumblr_o4mf9gCK4c1v3qowuo3_100.png

"... a thousand years?"

If Aika's basic arithmetic she learned in grade school was correct, a thousand was like putting 10 "one hundreds" together? Either way, that was a mighty long time, and she was only eight years old! Though, she had little fantasies before, such as thinking that she was an adventurer when she went out to travel the nearby park from her home in the middle of the night, so maybe it was some sort of fantasy that Sam had.

"Yeah... I think I'll be fine... when I get older. I wouldn't want to... bother my mommy and daddy too much. That way, I'll grow up to be whoever I want to be in the future!"

Though, Aika's new bout of happiness and joy was soon tumbling down again once she heard a sharp crack, almost like someone was being...
"Mhm!"

Ten, hundred, thousands..It didn't really matter to Sam in the grand scheme of things. He didn't feel any older. He wasn't even sure if he could age. He could give himself the appearance of a child and had done so for as far back as he could remember. So who's to say that he still wouldn't look like this when he turned two thousand years old? That in it of itself was an interesting question but given that the people who brought him up were all dead and Sam was unsure of who their descendants were? It was one that was likely never to be answered. As for the talk of parents, Sam waved it off once again.

He could understand why children like Aika were so attached to their parents. Parents served as protectors and enforcers of their own rules. Which were how they should protect their children in the best way possible. Sam often saw parents dress up and escort their children on Halloween. Sam supposed somewhere within him there was a small lingering for having someone to watch over him like that. But for the most part, Sam wasn't really a big fan of the thought.

He was the enforcer of Halloween's rules! He punished the rule-breakers! Why would he need someone to look over him?

Still, he didn't want to rain on Aika's parade so he merely clasped his hands together and nodded.

"Hehe!"
"W-W... Wait a second, if Luso broke a rule, m-maybe he did that to do something for someone else, something good... rules are kinda like promises... and it's only the first time for him... breaking a rule here... right?"

For an eight-year-old, Aika somewhat tried to reason things here, trying to keep the peace despite the strange and eerie atmosphere. She just didn't want any conflicts or people being hurt...
For as much as Sam may have liked Aika, he couldn't agree with this line of thinking. Even if it was coming from a small child so it wasn't exactly Albert Einstein worthy reasoning. But rules were rules! You couldn't just let someone off the hook willy-nilly! What kind of precedent would that set?

A bad one that's for sure! So Sam gently clasped a hand on Aika's shoulder and shook his head from side to side. All the while giving defiant sounding hisses.

"Hisss!"

Giggling or cooing wouldn't get across how strongly he felt about rules being followed. As a matter of fact Sam had and would continue killing to make sure Halloween's sanctity was respected by all!
tumblr_inline_mudxfs2ZiR1rxy3w0.png

"Hooh?"

Not paying Loyal any mind, nor the other people who would seem to react to his display of Ren (except for Sam, whom he would briefly smile at innocently) Hisoka would give Luso a light smirk, admittedly impressed that he would continue to remain on his feet after having a taste of his own bloodlust. It was as though he was powered more by the strength of his willpower than his physical strength... Well, let's just see how far that would get him, eh?

... Actually, no. Hisoka could guess how far he could get, and unless Luso proved himself right here and now, he wasn't going to waste his energy. Not while there were others who Hisoka wanted to... "befriend."

Let's just say that Hisoka might have taken a liking towards Irish women with lots of power output :|

tumblr_inline_mudy7gpGCr1rxy3w0.png

"You can come at me if you please, but as I said... eating fruit that is not yet ripe is something I don't enjoy. I'll admit that you have potential if you were able to stand before my display of Ren... but that was just for show. We have no more business with each other... for now. After all, as I stated, I have only the purest of intentions for the lovely children here... though I will have no qualms with punishing those who are naughty."

With that, he would turn his back on Luso dismissively, continuing to wait for the others so that Loyal could proceed with whatever he intended to do to the rest of these colorful people.
Sam.jpg~c200

"Hehehe!"

See? Hisoka was nice enough to smile back at him! Why couldn't the others who had been so mean to Hisoka notice that? He even went on to state that he had nothing but pure intentions for the children! Perhaps it was Sam getting too deep into his child-like persona but he took the clown at his word. No harm would come to these children under Hisoka's watch and that was something that Sam could guarantee! But before Sam had time to interact with his friend any further, another newcomer approached and Sam jumped up and down in delight once more.

This woman seemed dressed up like an authority figure of some kind! What did they call those..Police? Yeah, that was it! They also helped enforce Halloween's rules. But they didn't go far enough in Sam's honest opinion. If they really wanted to keep kids on having a good halloween, they'd shoot or kill the rulebreakers! Then Sam could say they were doing a good job.

But maybe this woman was different! Waddling over to Frederika, Sam stood on his tip-toes so as to make himself seem taller. He'd also hold his breath and thrust his chest outwards.

"Hmph!"

Thrusting a finger from the downed Loyal, Sam pointed towards Luso. Sam wanted to know if Luso was actually going to face punishment for breaking the rules! If Sam had his way, people who broke rules would all meet the same end! That being of course death but maybe they did things differently here.

@The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @CCC Kouhai @C.T. @Jeremi @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Silver Paladin @Verite

The Devil's Carnival
A Murder Tale

All Iwaku rules apply.

Link to Sign-Ups.

We also have the General Chat and RP Discussion within our group. This is where most people role playing in this thread will talk out of character. Please join us if you're interested!

Prologue: The Carnival's Gate

A group of lucky participants suddenly awoke to the distant sounds of joyful screams as each of them walked over to the strange colorful tent that glowed with beautiful colors. Children's laughter rang against each of their ears as they approached. They would hear a distant faint voice that wasn't recognizable, "Come, let me show you a new paradise." There would be no one close by them that seemed to talk; however, a young male who stood five inches above five feet was in front of them. A sinister smile greeted them.

ringmaster.jpg

"Hello ladies and gentlemen! I see you all are lost. Alas, you are not! You'll be staying in this carnival of mine… What? You want to leave? Why so soon?! The night is young, and you will all be stuck with me for awhile unless something unfortunate happens to you! Welcome to the Devil's Carnival!"

The male would make each participant stand side by side in a line in front of him. Lifting an appendage in the air, he would then bring it downward towards his side, taking a bow.

"They call me Monsieur Loyal. I am the ringmaster of this carnival – so, you must obey me. Now, I must explain how things work out in here… See, there's a reason why this carnival is called the Devil's Carnival…"

The male that calls himself Monsieur Loyal stood up, smiling at them. It seemed he was having an awfully fun time talking to these strangers.

"We simply have 666 rules~! If you do indeed break any of them, there will be consequences… bloody consequences…"

"Alright then, place your attention towards me again! If you did not bother reading the rules I will simply tell you one of them: no cutting in line! Please form a line right now as you all will get one free ticket. This ticket will include your free admission into the carnival."

Every participant formed a straight line, and someone impatient decides to cut in front of you. Before you could open your mouth to say something to the stranger, Monsieur Loyal spoke, pulling the stranger by the collar of their shirt out of the line.

sJGvigV.png

"How dare you break rule 62 – I just told you a few moments ago about it! You don't deserve to even enter the carnival… Why, you deserve something more gruesome! C'mon! Let's go. I know exactly what to do with you!"

Monsieur Loyal yelled out into the entrance of the carnival, dragging the stranger along with him, "Cordis!" A man who appeared to be taller than Monseiur Loyal approached them as his arms crossed against his chest. He didn't seem happy when he was handed the stranger,

ssetXOB.png

"You called?"

"Please take care of this scoundrel!"

"Fine, but I request for a raise on my salary. You know I don't deal with these kinds of issues unless it involves experimenting one of them."

"That's exactly why I am allowing you to handle this! You may do what you want with them."

"You will give me that raise, right? I need more scalpels in my work area, especially the rusty ones."

"Yes, of course… Leave now before I change my mind!"

Cordis leaves with the stranger, smirking once as he noticed you staring at him.

"Alright, calm down folks! It's not like that won't be the last time you'll see that person again. We find many useful individuals for our carnival."

Suddenly, a ticket booth appears beside the line in front. A hand crept out of the caged window, handing each and every one of the participants a ticket. Monsieur Loyal took the first ticket, showing the people in the back what they were receiving.

wIJRiW4.jpg

"This is very important! If you have not heard me until now I would recommend you to acknowledge at least these tickets. This is the one free ticket that I was talking about earlier. You'll receive tickets by participating in actives, games, and running errands! What do you use them for? Well, you all may be able to receive a reward! Is there a catch towards these tickets, you ask? Let me put it this way… There is a catch. If any of us see that you don't have a ticket with you then that alone breaks another rule… You may be punished severely!

So, if everything is crystal clear, I will allow you all to meet and get to know each other. Once you all gather around the entrance where the ticket booth is, I shall retrieve you mutts and continue showing you everything.
Good luck! You all will need it…"

BlackRoseDivider.gif

ATTENTION!

Participants! You all have a whole day to post prologues! Please keep them as brief as possible because I will be posting in a bit. I shall remind you all again that this tale will be fast paced, so try to keep up as much as possible. Once you all say that your character is ready please use: headed towards the entrance, waiting on Monsieur Loyal. This will tell me that I can continue. You may talk to others, also. If you're done with your prologue and you don't want to talk to anyone, you may go to the entrance and talk to Monsieur Loyal.

1765372s5jxc6wgqw.gif

Cast
@T.O.M. as Sam (Trick R' Treat) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@Crow as Tenkuuji Takeru (Kamen Rider Ghost) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@The Tactician as Luso Clemens (Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@Verite as Hisoka (HunterXHunter) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@C.T. as Bazett Fraga McRemitz (Type-Moon) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@The Silver Paladin as Princess Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca (Final Fantasy XII) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@Archmage Jeremiah as Jhin (League of Legends) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@DapperDogman as Ayumu Aikawa (Is This a Zombie?) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Iggy (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@Ryu Keiko as Seras Victoria (Hellsing) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@york as Cat (Stray Cat Crossing) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@OrlandoBloomers as Deadpool - aka SkullpoopL - (Marvel) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@Krieg as Frisk (Undertale) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@Ringmaster as Tobias (League of Legends) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Conner Kent (Young Justice) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@Atomyk as Dipper Pines (Gravity Falls) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@Jeremi as Shirari Kuroko (A Certain Magical Index) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@Kaykay as Kyousuke Hyoubu (Zettai Karen Children) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@Gummi Bunnies as Aika (Animal Crossing) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@Archwar as BOB (Original Character) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@IntrusivePenDesperateSword as Rumble McSkirmish (Gravity Falls) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@Gwazi Magnum as Morgan Freeman (True Facts About Morgan Freeman) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@ResistingTheEnlightened as Michaelangelo "Spike" Scarlatti (Flashpoint) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@GlassTrinity as Lorde (South Park) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@Bomb as Daisuke (Chaos Rings III) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]
@MrSandman as Michael Ehrmantraut (Better Call Saul/Breaking Bad) [ Status: Alive/Tickets: 0 ]

1765372s5jxc6wgqw.gif

WHAM!

"Why are you hurting our guests?! Don't you know that there are children around! If Leonard hears about this, he won't let you off easy like last time!" The woman was angry as she had to stop him one way or the other. Guess Loyal forgot that Frederika was probably the only one who could physically hurt him without having any severe consequences. She wasn't easily scared of anyone, either.

(10/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Kaykay
@T.O.M.
@The Silver Paladin
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@DapperDogman

Cat - Prologue; Like a Dream
@CCC Kouhai @Verite @Archmage Jeremiah @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Kaykay @T.O.M. @The Silver Paladin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @DapperDogman @Others I missed

Where was she? Cat couldn't recognize anything about the strange Carnival she had ended up at, much less, what had brought her here... Her mind constantly drew blanks... The last thing she remembered was walking down a road, heading home...
Home... Where was home? More importantly, how did she end up here?

l9qY9oE.png

'..." Cat watched idly, listening to the quick briefing, given by someone who seemed to be in charge of this strange event she was, somehow caught up in... Again... Maybe she should stop wandering down that stupid road; this was the second time in a row something happened to her... ... Then again, this Carnival wasn't anywhere near that road this time, so... It seemed very likely that there was other factors at play... She rubbed her chin, looking around; it would seem that a wide assortment of others have arrived at this Carnival of sorts too, meaning she might not be the only one confused... Perhaps she should-... Then she saw the Ringmaster strike one of the guests out of frustration, maybe she shouldn't mingle with everyone... So, seeing only one other option, she headed towards the entrance, wondering when this whole event would start... For now, she'd just sit and observe things a little, maybe she had to go through a crazy series of puzzles again, or run away from an even crazier monster, or just explore the area in a ground-hog day esque series of events until she did what was needed, who knows... Though, she wondered if she could converse with the others waiting in line with her...

(9/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Kaykay
@T.O.M.
@The Silver Paladin
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
Ugh...weapons weren't allowed, either? Just what kind of new Hell did Sivir send me to? Grumble...perhaps if I draw no attention to it, this flamboyant freak won't notice. I like to believe I do a good job at concealing Whisper...

And if our meeting with this "Frederika" turns out problematic, she'll be excellent-

Well well well...perhaps she won't be so much of a problem after all. I laughed at the Monsieur's pain with joy, as I bowed my head before this...Frederika, "Thank you ever so dearly for quieting the Monsieur, I just don't know how much longer I could've listened to his bossy babbling. I take it, you're Frederika?" I asked rhetorically; giving her a bow proper, "A beautiful name, I must say,"

@CCC Kouhai

@Verite
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Kaykay
@T.O.M.
@The Silver Paladin
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@DapperDogman

"Mhm!"

Ten, hundred, thousands..It didn't really matter to Sam in the grand scheme of things. He didn't feel any older. He wasn't even sure if he could age. He could give himself the appearance of a child and had done so for as far back as he could remember. So who's to say that he still wouldn't look like this when he turned two thousand years old? That in it of itself was an interesting question but given that the people who brought him up were all dead and Sam was unsure of who their descendants were? It was one that was likely never to be answered. As for the talk of parents, Sam waved it off once again.

He could understand why children like Aika were so attached to their parents. Parents served as protectors and enforcers of their own rules. Which were how they should protect their children in the best way possible. Sam often saw parents dress up and escort their children on Halloween. Sam supposed somewhere within him there was a small lingering for having someone to watch over him like that. But for the most part, Sam wasn't really a big fan of the thought.

He was the enforcer of Halloween's rules! He punished the rule-breakers! Why would he need someone to look over him?

Still, he didn't want to rain on Aika's parade so he merely clasped his hands together and nodded.

"Hehe!"

For as much as Sam may have liked Aika, he couldn't agree with this line of thinking. Even if it was coming from a small child so it wasn't exactly Albert Einstein worthy reasoning. But rules were rules! You couldn't just let someone off the hook willy-nilly! What kind of precedent would that set?

A bad one that's for sure! So Sam gently clasped a hand on Aika's shoulder and shook his head from side to side. All the while giving defiant sounding hisses.

"Hisss!"

Giggling or cooing wouldn't get across how strongly he felt about rules being followed. As a matter of fact Sam had and would continue killing to make sure Halloween's sanctity was respected by all!

Sam.jpg~c200

"Hehehe!"

See? Hisoka was nice enough to smile back at him! Why couldn't the others who had been so mean to Hisoka notice that? He even went on to state that he had nothing but pure intentions for the children! Perhaps it was Sam getting too deep into his child-like persona but he took the clown at his word. No harm would come to these children under Hisoka's watch and that was something that Sam could guarantee! But before Sam had time to interact with his friend any further, another newcomer approached and Sam jumped up and down in delight once more.

This woman seemed dressed up like an authority figure of some kind! What did they call those..Police? Yeah, that was it! They also helped enforce Halloween's rules. But they didn't go far enough in Sam's honest opinion. If they really wanted to keep kids on having a good halloween, they'd shoot or kill the rulebreakers! Then Sam could say they were doing a good job.

But maybe this woman was different! Waddling over to Frederika, Sam stood on his tip-toes so as to make himself seem taller. He'd also hold his breath and thrust his chest outwards.

"Hmph!"

Thrusting a finger from the downed Loyal, Sam pointed towards Luso. Sam wanted to know if Luso was actually going to face punishment for breaking the rules! If Sam had his way, people who broke rules would all meet the same end! That being of course death but maybe they did things differently here.

@The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @CCC Kouhai @C.T. @Jeremi @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @The Silver Paladin @Verite
tumblr_o4mf9gCK4c1v3qowuo1_100.png

Aika was even more confused... How come Sam was annoyed with her reasoning? Was there something wrong with what she learned in kindergarten? There wasn't much rules back then, and that's probably why she thought this way. So if it bothered Sam, maybe she wouldn't bring it up... but she didn't think that Luso did anything that bad.

WHAM!

(10/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Kaykay
@T.O.M.
@The Silver Paladin
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@DapperDogman

"Uuuhhh..."

Before Luso had had a chance to respond to the clown (though like he wanted to keep talking to the creep), Loyal had begun to lose his mind once again. In fact, he could have sworn the blonde had been about to use that whip on him before... Before the new woman had appeared. The new woman who appeared to be an officer of some kind. An officer in this mad world called a carnival. There really was a god after all.

"Um... I'm guessing you're Frederika, right, ma'am? Am I still in trouble, or do I some leniency since even you're upset with him?"

He almost seemed to shrink in the face of the woman, who appeared to have absolutely no qualms about meting out physical punishment to even her own coworkers. Kind of like his aunt, now that he thought about it. Maybe that also meant she was just worried about them all?​
Blinking a bit, Aika would shyly walk up to the new woman, seeing that she was some sort of officer by the attire alone.

"Um... excuse me... ma'am... h-have you seen my mommy and daddy around? Me and Dolly don't know where they are..."

@CCC Kouhai @The Tactician @T.O.M. @pretty everybody omigod​

"Wait a second..." Okay, now he had a good idea where he had heard of this woman. For once, he was glad he had paid attention to one of his clan mates' drunken rambling, "Do you know a guy named Vaan? Sky pirate, hangs out with a girl named Penelo?"
Ashe nodded. "Yes, I do know them. They helped me regain my kingdom from the Archadian Empire. They're good friends of mine." She said. "I'm Princess Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca." she bowed slightly.

Ashe nodded. "Yes, I do know them. They helped me regain my kingdom from the Archadian Empire. They're good friends of mine." She said. "I'm Princess Ashelia B'Nargin Dalmasca." she bowed slightly.
If Luso's eyes kept widening in surprise throughout the night, they were definitely going to get stuck in that position, "Wait, you mean you're Ashe?! H-Holy crap, that's awesome! Name's Luso, former head of Clan Gully! Back when I lived in Ivalice, Vaan and Penelo joined us for a bit and talked all about you as being an awesome queen!"

He paused for a moment, biting his bottom lip before continuing, "Hey... You wouldn't have another sword and a shield, would you? Maybe an ether as well? I couldn't bring my equipment back home, and I'm fresh out of energy for my paladin powers, so... As a friend of a friend, could you help me out, your majesty?"

"Uuuhhh..."

"Hmph!"

Ugh...weapons weren't allowed, either? Just what kind of new Hell did Sivir send me to? Grumble...perhaps if I draw no attention to it, this flamboyant freak won't notice. I like to believe I do a good job at concealing Whisper...

And if our meeting with this "Frederika" turns out problematic, she'll be excellent-

Well well well...perhaps she won't be so much of a problem after all. I laughed at the Monsieur's pain with joy, as I bowed my head before this...Frederika, "Thank you ever so dearly for quieting the Monsieur, I just don't know how much longer I could've listened to his bossy babbling. I take it, you're Frederika?" I asked rhetorically; giving her a bow proper, "A beautiful name, I must say,"

@CCC Kouhai

@Verite
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Kaykay
@T.O.M.
@The Silver Paladin
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@DapperDogman
tumblr_o4mf9gCK4c1v3qowuo1_100.png

Aika was even more confused... How come Sam was annoyed with her reasoning? Was there something wrong with what she learned in kindergarten? There wasn't much rules back then, and that's probably why she thought this way. So if it bothered Sam, maybe she wouldn't bring it up... but she didn't think that Luso did anything that bad.

Blinking a bit, Aika would shyly walk up to the new woman, seeing that she was some sort of officer by the attire alone.

"Um... excuse me... ma'am... h-have you seen my mommy and daddy around? Me and Dolly don't know where they are..."

@CCC Kouhai @The Tactician @T.O.M. @pretty everybody omigod​
If Luso's eyes kept widening in surprise throughout the night, they were definitely going to get stuck in that position, "Wait, you mean you're Ashe?! H-Holy crap, that's awesome! Name's Luso, former head of Clan Gully! Back when I lived in Ivalice, Vaan and Penelo joined us for a bit and talked all about you as being an awesome queen!"

He paused for a moment, biting his bottom lip before continuing, "Hey... You wouldn't have another sword and a shield, would you? Maybe an ether as well? I couldn't bring my equipment back home, and I'm fresh out of energy for my paladin powers, so... As a friend of a friend, could you help me out, your majesty?"

tumblr_o4m88cYBSQ1ri3cnzo1_250.png

She looked at the young boy who asked whether or not he would be in trouble for breaking a rule, taking out a notepad and a pen. She quickly wrote a few words inside the pad, making grumbling noises. She never really liked having to deal with people breaking the rules; however, she was better than physically punishing a guest. "Uh, vhat's your name sir?" She asked, "And... Vhat rule did you break?" Frederika noticed the little child who wore a sack on his head. She smiled at him as she thought that he was making fun of Monsieur Loyal who she had knocked down several minutes ago. She was too used to have many unique guests, no matter how terrifying they look. So, this child almost seemed cute to her. However, the child seemed to then point to the male that she was talking with. "Ah... vhat exactly are you tryin' to tell me, kid? If it has to do vith this young gentleman I'm talking vith, it better be good."

Another odd male began to speak to her, complimenting her name. This was something else that Frederika was used to. Many guests tried the flattering move in order to slip by the carnival without any detection. Though, this policewoman was much more prepared for anything. She would have smiled at the male, thanking him for his kind words.

tumblr_o4m88cYBSQ1ri3cnzo3_250.png

"Thank you, mister... Vhat is your name?" She honestly needed to know everyone's name before speaking to them. It makes things much more easier. The woman also had attracted another child who was covered in red clothing. The child had asked her if the policewoman had seen her parents, which was odd that the child wasn't with her parents in the first place. "Ah, child," She gave her a reassuring smile, "Tell me how your parents look like, and I'll have my eye out for them." Beginning to write again, she made a note to look out for the child's parents which she left room to write in details that could help her distinguish them.

It was then that she had overheard the young male who she talked to first as his conversation with another woman was about possessing weapons. Frederika reached into her pocket, taking out a silver whistle. Placing the whistle in between her lips, she would have blew on it, signaling everyone's attention. "Please, do not bring any veapons into the carnival! It could be very dangerous for you to have vem!" She quickly walked towards the ticket booth, asking for a huge bag that could be used to store several items. Frederika flipped the page on the notepad, bending a corner of the page as if the page she had was extremely important. She laid the bag in front of them, crossing her arms underneath her chest as her smile disappeared. "If you have any veapons, please bring vem forvard now! There are severe punishments for those who have these!" It seemed like the woman was not joking around this time. For some reason, it was extremely important for them not to have their weapons inside the carnival. Was it for safety precautions?

"I vould also like all of your names. At the end, you vill all be able to have your veapons back. If you refuse, you must give me a good explanation on vhy you vant to have it vith you!"

Poop. Now you will have to give up your weapons.

@Archmage Jeremiah @The Tactician @T.O.M. @The Silver Paladin @Gummi Bunnies @york @Verite @Bomb @Crow @DapperDogman

I require all of you to post your weapons and or any items that you have with you. This is extremely important so that everyone knows who has what! If you do not post what you have, then do not mention the item at all during the tale!

(13/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Kaykay
@T.O.M.
@The Silver Paladin
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@DapperDogman
@Crow
@york
@Krieg (Going to drag him since he's busy)

Waiting on:
(13/26)
@C.T. @Ryu Keiko @OrlandoBloomers @Ringmaster
@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Atomyk @Jeremi @Archwar @IntrusivePenDesperateSword
@Gwazi Magnum @ResistingTheEnlightened @GlassTrinity @MrSandman

These are just the people who are ready to go to inside the carnival. Please make sure to post heading towards the entrance, waiting on Monsieur Loyal or waits on Monsieur Loyal for entrance.

Once everyone has posted this, I will know to continue. You may want to post soon. Also, please be sure to state your name and any weapons/items you possess!

Placing the whistle in between her lips, she would have blew on it, signaling everyone's attention. "Please, do not bring any veapons into the carnival! It could be very dangerous for you to have vem!" She quickly walked towards the ticket booth, asking for a huge bag that could be used to store several items. Frederika flipped the page on the notepad, bending a corner of the page as if the page she had was extremely important. She laid the bag in front of them, crossing her arms underneath her chest as her smile disappeared. "If you have any veapons, please bring vem forvard now! There are severe punishments for those who have these!" It seemed like the woman was not joking around this time. For some reason, it was extremely important for them not to have their weapons inside the carnival. Was it for safety precautions?

"I vould also like all of your names. At the end, you vill all be able to have your veapons back. If you refuse, you must give me a good explanation on vhy you vant to have it vith you!"

I require all of you to post your weapons and or any items that you have with you. This is extremely important so that everyone knows who has what! If you do not post what you have, then do not mention the item at all during the tale!
"Hmm."

Fate glanced away from Dipper, suddenly noticing a lot more kids then he was comfortable with. Don't get him wrong, he knew what some kids were capable of- A certain, pyromaniac little munchkin coming to mind first and foremost. But he liked to think he had some standards. And while the presence of the authority figure would have put anyone at ease, every instinct in Twisted Fate was screaming as they made whatever holy sign came to mind. Outwardly, Twisted Fate winked at Dipper and and walked over to the woman first. A tip of his hat and a flourish of his coat, fitting for the richest setting in Demacia followed his words.

"Ma'am, I am pleased to tell you, unlike....Certain parties here, I come before you completely unarmed! I'm a traveling magician, what I have on me are merely the tricks of my trade. Like so."

He wiggled his fingers and whipped out a card behind her ear, smiling as it turned over and over, again and again in his hand as the color changed...From red, to blue and yellow and repeating the process before he made it vanish, showing off both hands. Nothing whatsoever. A tug of his sleeves on both sides and suddenly, she was presented with a glass ring-Highly realistic looking and meant as a trinket in these settings. He winked and if she took it, he'd step back.

"You can put me down as the Magnificent Twisted Fate! King of Magicians and Magicians of Kings!"

It was a persona he'd fallen into easily, out on the road as he added.

"Currently, I have three deck of cards*, four dice**, some miscellaneous*** for my acts and what I'm wearing now. If you're looking to hire, I might be interested- But no knives nor guns nor anything of the sort. What you see is what you get."

He then winked and added in a low undertone so only she'd hear it.

"Unless you'd rather search me?"

----------

*All of which are marked in subtle ways to TF.

**Two of which are loaded.

***Lockpicks used for breaking, entering and escape artist tricks in his magicians persona, one hundred-gold diamond ring and six glass substitutes, a two headed coin and three handkerchiefs.

@Atomyk @CC Kouhai @Everyone else around​

STXbQta.jpg

"Grrr!!!"

While Sam could tell by the look on her face, she had the same kind of reaction that most adult women had with him. They thought Sam was adorable, just some little scraggly kid in a ratty looking costume that looked like it'd been made with scrap parts. But this was one of the drawbacks of getting so deep into his child like mentality that it limited his conversational options! There was only so much he could get across with giggling and cooing! Looking over his shoulder, Dolly jumped out of Aika's arms and began drawing another message on the ground.

["I said is he going to get punished for breaking the rules or not?"]

Before Sam could use Aika's doll to convey his thoughts any further, he dropped his lolipop and clutched either side of his mask as Frederika blew her whistle. What an annoying little device. But it gave him an idea of a prank for next Halloween at the very least. But then the woman asked for everybody to show off their stuff and give her their names or something. It was at this point that Sam noticed the usual sack filled to the brim with candy and other goodies he lugged around with him was nowhere to be seen! The only remnant of it remained in the lolipop he carried around with him.

"Aw..."

Disappointed with something that didn't involve the rules of Halloween, Sam stomped his foot like a petulant child. He wanted to come to this carnival to have fun! Not lose his snacks! But if this woman really wanted to know what he had on him then she'd get it! But if she thought she could take his lolipop from him she had another thing coming. Though that raised the question of whether or not she would even consider it a weapon.

db936f8262bf2ad8bd26a9e83dac9301207c6e0256e9ba71a2a3e942ec41cffd.gif

Glancing back and forth from the lolipop to the officer standing before him, Sam came to a conclusion. He could likely and probably had slit a few throats with his lolipop in the name of Halloween's rules. But no one, not even Hisoka knew that. So he doubted she'd even give his lolipop a second look over. Still, it didn't hurt to show off his goodies. Holding his arm up, Sam waved the lolipop around like a trophy as Dolly began to write a new message with Sam's telekinesis prodding the otherwise lifeless doll along.

["My name's Samhain or Sam. Enforcer of Halloween's rules. All I have on me is my lolipop!"]

What these people didn't know wouldn't hurt them. Besides, these people running the carnival seemed to have their own set of rules. Maybe they would understand where Sam came from even if Frederika did question the authenticity of Sam's lolipop possibly being a weapon.

cfQAT1S.jpg

["But you wouldn't think of that as a weapon, right? So I can hang on to it, right?"]

@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Kaykay
@CCC Kouhai
@The Silver Paladin
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@DapperDogman
@Crow
@york
@Krieg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Prologue - Rumble McSkirmish [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Doctor Karate!" A pair of frowning eyes, one covered with an eyepatch, made themselves visible, followed by an entire face. The face glared in hostility at something up front. In fact, as the entire muscular body which held the face came within the line of sight, it appeared to be pointing at the doctor as well, fury underlining his every motion.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Doctor Karate! You killed my father again!" Once finished with his accusations, the man stared in pure rage at the other man he faced. His claims were answered, albeit with a loud, inarticulate grumble, which the first man, almost only dressed in a pair of shorts, quickly replied to. "You take that baaack!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A deep voice in the background of this entire scene started speaking out, announcing their feud a battle. "Rumble Mcskirmish! Versus! Doctor Karate! Fight!" At this sound, Rumble charged at his opponent, only to be met with a similar reaction. As they fought, they weren't in control of their own movements. Rumble didn't think much of it, perhaps because he wasn't aware of it.
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Either way it seemed he was winning, until a light appeared. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]In a two-dimensional world, there aren't many places a light can be, but it was there. And it grew. "Huuuuaghh?!" Rumble's attention was caught as he found himself surrounded by the light, unable of seeing anything besides.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]__Q__[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]The next thing he saw, was a carnival., outside of which were a group of very different people, and a woman Rumble assumed to be in charge of the place. Walking up to her by the front gate, he held up his hand in a combined greeting and high-five invitation. "Greetings, woman human! I am Rumble McSkirmish from the USA! I'm out to defeat the world's greatest Fight Fighters!"[/BCOLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, ain't this just great.

It was time for Takeru to surrender his weapons.

"So, Miss... Frederika is that correct? My name is Tenkuuji Takeru. First name: Takeru. Last name: Tenkuuji." Takeru bows, being aware that Frederika did not follow Eastern naming systems.. "I wouldn't call these weapons, but I think they fulfil the criteria to be confiscated, and I cannot argue that they cannot. So for starters, I'm surrendering these."

After materialising a belt-like device around his waist, two swords emerged from it. He surrenders them.

mA11Oxv.png

"Well, I definitely have to surrender these. They definitely are not safe for all the kids and adults present here. My GanGan Saber**** and my Sunglasslasher****." He mentions their names so that Frederika can differentiate them from the other weapons.

"I hope you can understand if I say that I want to keep my Eyecons* for now. They're very important to me and I've lost them quite a number of times, I don't want them to part from me again...." Twelve spherical objects emerge from his overcoat. Takeru explains them.

latest

"You see, I'm kind of dead. A Ghost. To simplify my words - my soul's in here."

latest
latest

"These kind of... came from my late father. This one here was acquired when I was going to die permanently, as opposed to being just dead. Musashi over here, simply put, came to me via the lucky charm my father gave me before his last breath. I hope you understand."

latest

"This is Edison. I acquired him from a scientist who admired Thomas Alva Edison. After a while, someone I later knew as my best friend stole it from me. Back then, we continuously fought, but after the fiasco, he returned it to me and we soon realised that as friends, we were meant to work together, not against each other. It's a long story."

Ocmggmd.png

"The other eight Eyecons here are just as important as the four I explained previously. Robin Hood, Newton, Billy the Kid, Beethoven, Benkei, Goemon, Ryoma and Himiko. All of these Eyecons have been acquired through guiding others into the right path of admiring their admired legends. These eight Eyecons, in addition to Musashi and Edison, contain the souls of legends, legends who have become my friends through a journey to bring me back to life. They've taught me quite a lot, and we've went through thick and thin, and I would like to ask to let me bring my friends to the festivities."

ogDWR2X.png

From his belt, three more items emerged. How much was this guy carrying? He continues to explain, "My Ghost Gadgets** have helped me on many occasions. If it weren't for them, I'd probably be more... dead than I already am. Even though they can turn into weapons, they're still my living, breathing friends, and as I see them as such, I feel that I would like them to partake as well. I promise not to use them for violence, and I feel safer if they are under my supervision. Sorry if that last part offended you, because you look like a trustworthy person, Miss."

latest

He alters the shape of the brown, bat-shaped one, transforming it into a gun to demonstrate what he meant.

"Yurusen!"

With the call of a name, his spectral comrade appeared very briefly, summoned a yacht-sized ghost ship and a motorcycle, then disappeared.

latest

"I've got one more friend I brought along - Captain Ghost***. He too, is an ally who has aided me. He's kind of big, but he wants to go too, so I do hope you see him as a-

Before Takeru could say anything, Captain Ghost assembles himself like a car being parked. Except the car was really big and shaped like a pirate ship. Takeru respects Captain Ghost's choice and proceeds to say, "on second thought, I respect my friend's option to stay behind. He seems to trust you."

pIHy5Y7.png

Displaying his motorcycle***, Takeru asks, "are vehicles banned?"

*Via his Ghost Driver(the materializable belt which he cannot take off. It's kind of bound to him), he can transform into the many forms of Kamen Rider Ghost using them. These Eyecons contain the souls of past heroes who have been admired. If they are rejected for being 'heroes', he will attempt to argue his way into keeping three or four.

Due to their dormant nature, they will not count as a duo character, but rather a method to access and channel abilities.

**The Spider can only assume a weaponized form with the aid of the GanGan Saber, and it can transform into a lantern that produces a substance that makes ghosts visible to those who cannot see it.
The Condor can assume the form of an arrow with its own ammunition. It can transform into a phone. It is compatible only with the Robin Hood Eyecon when in combat.
The bat can assume the form of a gun, as shown above. It can transform into an alarm clock as well. It is compatible only with the Billy the Kid Eyecon when in combat.

If allowed, the Ghost Gadgets will remain on standby until neccesary to use, and thus will not count as a duo character

***The main combat usage of these are their combined form - the Iguana Ghostriker, who is basically a giant iguana used as a steed by Takeru for combat with larger foes. Due to the more serious nature of the RP, I think it could do without a giant iguana steed.
The motorcycle does motorcycle things.

****The Sunglasslasher and GanGan Saber are his primary weapons. Without them, a fair deal of his forms are nerfed, or not usable. He has surrendered them without any form of argument.

Even though the justified(?) 'weapons' are stated to be sentient in some way, they will display little to no direct interaction that would show that they are sentient. To follow the 'no-duos' rule, they will function like trinkets and weapons.

After weapon inspection, Takeru waits on Monsieur Loyal for entrance

@CCC Kouhai

Last edited:

"I'm just a Kamen Rider passing through, don't forget that!"

Wait a second.

With a few coughs, Takeru spoke once more.

"Sorry about that. My name is Tenkuuji Takeru. I'm a Ghost Hunter working at a shrine. How about you?" The lad Takeru questions the pig-tailed, obaa-san-voiced lass.

He looks around to look at others. Quite a crowd. Were they Kaijin?

Those familiar with the concepts of the Holy Grail and Noble Phantasms might be able to feel that Takeru has a similiar air to a Servant. It appeared that someone who fulfilled that was nearby.

@C.T. @Jeremi @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @CCC Kouhai @T.O.M.

"My name is Kuroko Shirai." She pulled on her sleeve to show a green piece of cloth on her arm.

vlcsnap-2010-11-12-14h10m19s240.png

"And I'm from Judgement!"

The look Takeru gave her told Kuroko he had no idea what that was. "Well nevermind. We've been kidnapped against our will to a creepy carnival, and I'm not okay with that." Ugh this was was so devestating! Poor Sissy was all alone in the world with Kuroko gone! Oh no...nothing was stopping that damn troglodyte to making his move on Sissy! The thought of that made the teleporting Esper as pale as a ghost.

Kuroko pondered if she should try to use her Esper powers to escape this place, but escape meant very little if she had no clue where she was. So for now she had to play their little game. Having calmed down somewhat she'd continue talking to Takeru.

"Be careful...I'll try to protect everyone against trouble." She'd look over to where the clown man was standing. "Well...almost everyone."

tumblr_o4m88cYBSQ1ri3cnzo1_250.png

She looked at the young boy who asked whether or not he would be in trouble for breaking a rule, taking out a notepad and a pen. She quickly wrote a few words inside the pad, making grumbling noises. She never really liked having to deal with people breaking the rules; however, she was better than physically punishing a guest. "Uh, vhat's your name sir?" She asked, "And... Vhat rule did you break?" Frederika noticed the little child who wore a sack on his head. She smiled at him as she thought that he was making fun of Monsieur Loyal who she had knocked down several minutes ago. She was too used to have many unique guests, no matter how terrifying they look. So, this child almost seemed cute to her. However, the child seemed to then point to the male that she was talking with. "Ah... vhat exactly are you tryin' to tell me, kid? If it has to do vith this young gentleman I'm talking vith, it better be good."

Another odd male began to speak to her, complimenting her name. This was something else that Frederika was used to. Many guests tried the flattering move in order to slip by the carnival without any detection. Though, this policewoman was much more prepared for anything. She would have smiled at the male, thanking him for his kind words.

tumblr_o4m88cYBSQ1ri3cnzo3_250.png

"Thank you, mister... Vhat is your name?" She honestly needed to know everyone's name before speaking to them. It makes things much more easier. The woman also had attracted another child who was covered in red clothing. The child had asked her if the policewoman had seen her parents, which was odd that the child wasn't with her parents in the first place. "Ah, child," She gave her a reassuring smile, "Tell me how your parents look like, and I'll have my eye out for them." Beginning to write again, she made a note to look out for the child's parents which she left room to write in details that could help her distinguish them.

It was then that she had overheard the young male who she talked to first as his conversation with another woman was about possessing weapons. Frederika reached into her pocket, taking out a silver whistle. Placing the whistle in between her lips, she would have blew on it, signaling everyone's attention. "Please, do not bring any veapons into the carnival! It could be very dangerous for you to have vem!" She quickly walked towards the ticket booth, asking for a huge bag that could be used to store several items. Frederika flipped the page on the notepad, bending a corner of the page as if the page she had was extremely important. She laid the bag in front of them, crossing her arms underneath her chest as her smile disappeared. "If you have any veapons, please bring vem forvard now! There are severe punishments for those who have these!" It seemed like the woman was not joking around this time. For some reason, it was extremely important for them not to have their weapons inside the carnival. Was it for safety precautions?

@Archmage Jeremiah @The Tactician @T.O.M. @The Silver Paladin @Gummi Bunnies @york @Verite @Bomb @Crow @DapperDogman

(13/26)
@Verite
@Archmage Jeremiah
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies
@Bomb
@Kaykay
@T.O.M.
@The Silver Paladin
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@DapperDogman
@Crow
@york
@Krieg (Going to drag him since he's busy)

Waiting on:
(13/26)
@C.T. @Ryu Keiko @OrlandoBloomers @Ringmaster
@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Atomyk @Jeremi @Archwar @IntrusivePenDesperateSword
@Gwazi Magnum @ResistingTheEnlightened @GlassTrinity @MrSandman

These are just the people who are ready to go to inside the carnival. Please make sure to post heading towards the entrance, waiting on Monsieur Loyal or waits on Monsieur Loyal for entrance.

Once everyone has posted this, I will know to continue. You may want to post soon. Also, please be sure to state your name and any weapons/items you possess!

Soon enough Kuroko would find herself at the entrance of the carnival with Monsieur Loyal waiting to get in. She was tapping her foot impatiently on the ground as she waited. Kuroko was not looking forward to what was waiting for them on the other side...

@Crow @CCC Kouhai

Status
Not open for further replies.