Murder Tale I: Limited Starkweather Edition [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You opened three cabinets:

- The first cabinet was filled with blue pills, unbottled, they appeared to be prescription-grade Adderall. Someone has been hording up. Do you take one for increased focus? Y/N?

- The second cabinet was filled with empty syringes. Nothing special.

- The third cabinet had a hidden Taurus Raging Bull with 6 .500 Caliber bullets in the barrel. It's extremely powerful, but the kickback is immense. Don't be surprised if you accidentally hit yourself. Oh, and there's a pile of unknown pink pills with a "3===D" inscription on it. Do you take one and find out what it does? Y/N?
I looked at the first cabinet and saw the Adderall. My brother has ADHD, and I knew the side effects of them. I wasn't really willing enough to take them.

My hands faltered with the opening of cabinets when I saw the Taurus Raging Bull. I looked around, making sure nobody was looking at me. I tucked it into the waistband of my jeans, making sure the safety was on and my hoodie was covering it. Mark reached over and grabbed something from the cabinet, too, but I didn't see what it was. He turned around, and my eyes widened when I saw the blood on his lips.

I took a step back, trying to push the disturbing thought of why he would have blood on his lips away. I'd just have to be cautious around him. I took another step back, before slowly turning back around, conscious about the (vampire) standing behind me. "Where would the key be...." I mumbled, and started to walk back out of the lab.

@JextheShadow

Last edited by a moderator:
As a second thought, he took one knowing more or less what it would do, before gearing up to continue.

@Xibilation
The pill, unsurpisingly, was a form of MDMA or 'Molly.' It'd take 15 minutes or so for the pill to dissolve in his stomach-- but after that, his eyes would dilate, he'd feel incredibly euphoric, as if he was the happiest guy in the world, super friendly, and a desire to... ahem, reproduce, I guess is the best way to describe it. Not necessarily the best feelings for a situation like this. Not like Starkweather would care, though, or a doped-up Hood member who was walking toward the drug lab, his feet tapping against the plywood floor, very, -very- close toward your location...

I took a step back, trying to push the disturbing thought of why he would have blood on his lips away. I'd just have to be cautious around him. I took another step back, before slowly turning back around, conscious about the (vampire) standing behind me. "Where would the key be...." I mumbled, and started to walk back out of the lab.

@JextheShadow
Are you certain you'd want to walk out of the lab? There's a gunman just outside the door. However, there is this one guy, definitely high, but you don't know on what... about to walk in.

The moment you slip out the drug lab, you're met with a Hood, his back is pressed behind the drug lab- he doesn't notice you yet, but from the looks if it, he's totting a Mini-Uzi in his left hand, idly smoking a rolled-up joint in the other. He coughs, blowing away the white smoking seeping outta his lips. Ugh. This place smelt of weed, shit, and cum. Horrible mixture. If you looked a little to your right, a crew of approximately 8 Hoods dozed off, they wouldn't be of any danger, but they were fucked outta their minds, needless to say.

My mind thought nothing of the dangers just the fact that he had a gun and I wanted it. I lifted my bat sneaking closer to the guy. As I got withing distance of him, I slammed the bat at his forehead, connecting with a hard swing. My had jarring as it connected and I only hoped he would drop the gun. That would be my saving grace.

@Akibahara

Are you certain you'd want to walk out of the lab? There's a gunman just outside the door. However, there is this one guy, definitely high, but you don't know on what... about to walk in.
Like everyone else, he had heard the footsteps. It would not be long until this man walked in on them. turning around he quickly put a finger to his lips before moving as silently as he could to the side of the door. Double checking that the door swing into him he pulled out the stained knife gripping it in his left hand. Bringing it closer o his chest he rested his gun arm on top of his left forearm, deciding to wait contently in the corner, ready for to act when the door opened.

@Everyone in the room

(( Bah, I'm heading out with my Mom for iRL stuff! I'll be back in two hours or so! ))

Picking up a Stolichnaya vodka bottle 'Latvian shit' I think to myself (Stolichnaya is bottled in Latvia I think) I break it against the wall so that the part that doesn't shatter is turned into a very nice weapon. I smirk to myself and look around, before resuming to walk.

Jack nodded solemnly; doing his best to hide his fear for them both.

"That seems like a good plan."

The traitor was still the major issue here though; without him/her; they would all be a million times safer. Oh they'd still be shitting their undies and would by no means avoid catastrophic painful death. But they would be able to trust one another. As they headed over to the group; he decided to try and discuss it with Laura.

"Who do you think it is? The traitor I mean. A lot of people will be pointing to Akibahara; I mean, Adam. But I think that's too obvious; though saying that; it might be because it's obvious that he would be the perfect choice. As for everyone else; I think I'd need to see more to try and get a final verdict on who it is..."

One thing was for sure. It wasn't either him or Laura. Gage seemed trustworthy too; ironically he seemed trustworthy precisely because he held everyone else at arm's length constantly; the traitor wouldn't do that if they were smart; they'd try and get friendly first to guarantee the kill.

He had no idea about the others. He had spent almost all of his time so far with Laura; as well as a fair bit with Gage. There had been a couple of suspicious people though; the jumpy kid right at the start; and the one that had approached Laura after they picked up food and water.
Always the kids. They think that just because they seem innocent and haven't stopped growing they can get away with anything; they can still pull a trigger the same as everyone else. In fact; their being kids just makes them more suspicious.

After all; hormonal teenagers were far less likely to be emotionally stable.

It seemed like a good plan yes. She didn't have a reason to trust anyone else so far, if anything where to go wrong while they go through this place her loyalties laid with herself and Jack and if it was all going to go up in smoke they would need to choose how to proceed on the spot and quick.
As to his question, she had no answer. She had no reason to suspect anyone as of this moment in time, she had nothing really to go on. Apart from that it could be Adam, but that seemed to obviously to be true...unless that was the point. It just got confusing. All she knew right now was that it could be anyone and she was no closer to slimming down the choices of traitor.

"I dont know, right now it could be anyone. Maybe we'll have more to go on when we get to them. But we better get moving."

If she was going to figure out anything she needed intel or just to speak to others, see how they act. Maybe it would give her an insite into who it could be. Who could be the traitor that was ruining lives for no reason at all.

Moving off from where she stood, trying not to stray to far from Jack, uncertain of the others in the group they were about to join. But it had to be done, they had a key to collect.
With one foot in front of the other at an average speed she caught up with the group as they arrived near to the mall. Lets just say it was a sight to see.

"All we have to do is get in, avoid people and get a key from JC pennys....how hard can that be?" She said, trying to joke but realising herself that it didn't seem funny. It sounded difficult.
And from the look of the two guys she could see from afar she was even more appauled. The noise from inside was loud, even from here. So surely it would be distracting inside.

Then she realised they had a young girl with them, her heart sped quickly. That was a little girl and they were being so...depraved. It made her feel sick to her stomach. But would there be any way of saving the young girl without alerting the other guys inside? All they needed to do was get a key and get out.
She didn't know what to do.

@Reaper Jack

It seemed like a good plan yes. She didn't have a reason to trust anyone else so far, if anything where to go wrong while they go through this place her loyalties laid with herself and Jack and if it was all going to go up in smoke they would need to choose how to proceed on the spot and quick.
As to his question, she had no answer. She had no reason to suspect anyone as of this moment in time, she had nothing really to go on. Apart from that it could be Adam, but that seemed to obviously to be true...unless that was the point. It just got confusing. All she knew right now was that it could be anyone and she was no closer to slimming down the choices of traitor.

"I dont know, right now it could be anyone. Maybe we'll have more to go on when we get to them. But we better get moving."

If she was going to figure out anything she needed intel or just to speak to others, see how they act. Maybe it would give her an insite into who it could be. Who could be the traitor that was ruining lives for no reason at all.

Moving off from where she stood, trying not to stray to far from Jack, uncertain of the others in the group they were about to join. But it had to be done, they had a key to collect.
With one foot in front of the other at an average speed she caught up with the group as they arrived near to the mall. Lets just say it was a sight to see.

"All we have to do is get in, avoid people and get a key from JC pennys....how hard can that be?" She said, trying to joke but realising herself that it didn't seem funny. It sounded difficult.
And from the look of the two guys she could see from afar she was even more appauled. The noise from inside was loud, even from here. So surely it would be distracting inside.

Then she realised they had a young girl with them, her heart sped quickly. That was a little girl and they were being so...depraved. It made her feel sick to her stomach. But would there be any way of saving the young girl without alerting the other guys inside? All they needed to do was get a key and get out.
She didn't know what to do.

@Reaper Jack
Indeed.
How hard could it be? Was it really worth risking their lives for; if it came to that? A key? For what?

Jack really didn't like this.

That Bastard wanted them for his own sick entertainment. He wasn't going to let them off so easy and not kill a few of them here and there.

Damn it.

As if to prove his point; he saw the two men and the little girl. It was all he could do not to cry right then and there. What the Hell was wrong with these people!? But he couldn't even help; he couldn't stop that happening to just one little girl.

Or can I? Do I risk getting blasted by that shotgun? Do I risk that Bastard giving them my position while I'm trying to take them out?

Physically they were not imposing; he was stronger than them by his reckoning; if he got close he would in all likelihood be able to overpower them. He made up his mind. He turned to Laura.

"Do you mind if I borrow that knife for a few minutes? I've got business with those two."

Reactions: Laurioshock
Like everyone else, he had heard the footsteps. It would not be long until this man walked in on them. turning around he quickly put a finger to his lips before moving as silently as he could to the side of the door. Double checking that the door swing into him he pulled out the stained knife gripping it in his left hand. Bringing it closer o his chest he rested his gun arm on top of his left forearm, deciding to wait contently in the corner, ready for to act when the door opened.

@Everyone in the room
I had followed Nat and Grant into the lab cause they were the closet things to allies I had in this crazy world. I had just finished a quarter bottle of Jack Daniels when Mark also jumped into the lab. I just shrugged and ignored his sudden appearance. If he doesn't bother me I won't bother him. I watched the door for a few minutes just before I heard the sound of footsteps just outside the door. I grabbed the large knife and dove behind the cabinet, taking any cover that the cabinet could give.

Indeed.
How hard could it be? Was it really worth risking their lives for; if it came to that? A key? For what?

That Bastard wanted them for his own sick entertainment. He wasn't going to let them off so easy and not kill a few of them here and there.

Damn it.

As if to prove his point; he saw the two men and the little girl. It was all he could do not to cry right then and there. What the Hell was wrong with these people!? But he couldn't even help; he couldn't stop that happening to just one little girl.

Or can I? Do I risk getting blasted by that shotgun? Do I risk that Bastard giving them my position while I'm trying to take them out?

Physically they were not imposing; he was stronger than them by his reckoning; if he got close he would in all likelihood be able to overpower them. He made up his mind. He turned to Laura.

"Do you mind if I borrow that knife for a few minutes? I've got business with those two."

"You aren't going to do what I think you're going to do right?"

He was mad, clearly mad! To go after those two guys was crazy. Yes they weren't exactly the most strong looking of men and she was sure Jack could, with the element of suprise take them down but what about that shotgun?
What if this scuffle alerts more from within, it would not only get Jack in a lot of trouble it would bring a storm to the rest of the group here now.

"I know what your thinking Jack, thats a little girl. I get it. Its horrid. But what if this brings a load of people our way from inside. What if you get caught out?"

She reasoned, holding the knife tighter in her hand, bringing it to her side. Unsure if she should release it to Jack or not yet. There were many possibilies as to how this situation would play out. To many factors to consider from inside and around this place if he took this chance.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I frowned, and my hands fumbled for the gun in my jeans.

With safety still on, I listened carefully, hearing the people outside the door. I was standing right in front of it, frozen when I heard the footsteps. Mark was hidden in the corner, knife and gun in hands, a guarded look in his eyes, and I stepped away.

Everyone in the drug lab had stopped what they were doing to look at the door. It was tense. Silent.

Indeed.

Damn it.

(( Still AFK, getting home soon. But I hope you like pellets in your chest! ))

"You aren't going to do what I think you're going to do right?"

He was mad, clearly mad! To go after those two guys was crazy. Yes they weren't exactly the most strong looking of men and she was sure Jack could, with the element of suprise take them down but what about that shotgun?
What if this scuffle alerts more from within, it would not only get Jack in a lot of trouble it would bring a storm to the rest of the group here now.

"I know what your thinking Jack, thats a little girl. I get it. Its horrid. But what if this brings a load of people our way from inside. What if you get caught out?"

She reasoned, holding the knife tighter in her hand, bringing it to her side. Unsure if she should release it to Jack or not yet. There were many possibilies as to how this situation would play out. To many factors to consider from inside and around this place if he took this chance.
"I know. I'm letting it get to my head. Believe me I know."

She cared. She cared enough to try and stop him from saving a little girl because chances were he'd get hurt. Jack wasn't terribly used to people being that concerned for him...but it was nice. Knowing someone cared that much.
Ultimately she was right; and there was nothing he could say to her that would reassure her that he would be safe.
And though they hadn't mentioned it; he knew full well that Laura probably didn't want him to kill anyone again unless they had to.

"Damn it..."

She was right; it would be wrong of him to risk everyone for the sake of one little girl. It was horrific, he hated it. But the maths just wasn't in her favour.

He swallowed; hard.

"You're right, I'm sorry, it was selfish of me to think of doing it like that. I just...it's a harsh thing to try and accept when it's right there in front of you."

But they had to look out for themselves first. I can't do anything if I'm dead; try and remember that.

There was a side door to the JCPenny that was located in the Gimp infested mall. My ass was crippled by the gunshot, but I was still able to be mobile enough. The door was unlocked thankfully. I whispered a thanks to Paradise for making this somewhat easier. Inside though, I found myself to be at the men's department. It looked oddly similar in layout of the store that I once worked at, but it had clearly seen better days.

"If any of these mannequin moves I swear to God..." I said to myself as I moved around the first floor, looking for the escalators. There were Gimps everywhere, but they seem occupied with their sex slaves, so I was able to move about them swiftly. Upstairs, the main office was around the corner and I entered it with ease.

"Time to find the key." I said to myself, and thus began my search.

@AllMembersOfGroup2

((Due to RL, this round will extend until tomorrow afternoon! ))

"I know. I'm letting it get o my head. Believe me I know."

She cared. She cared enough to try and stop him from saving a little girl because chances were he'd get hurt. Jack wasn't terribly used to people being that concerned for him...but it was nice. Knowing someone cared that much.
Ultimately she was right; and there was nothing he could say to her that would reassure her that he would be safe.
And though they hadn't mentioned it; he knew full well that Laura probably didn't want him to kill anyone again unless they had to.

"Damn it..."

She was right; it would be wrong of him to risk everyone for the sake of one little girl. It was horrific, he hated it. But the maths just wasn't in her favour.

He swallowed; hard.

"You're right, I'm sorry, it was selfish of me to think of doing it like that. I just...it's a harsh thing to try and accept when it's right there in front of you."

But they had to look out for themselves first. I can't do anything if I'm dead; try and remember that.

"It's okay. I get it. It's a horrible thing to see. I feel bad for her, I feel like I should do something as well. But--you have to weigh up the outcomes."

Glad that she had talked him out of such a foolish savour mission to save the little girl she breathed a sign a relief. To go over there would be catastrophic. Surely nothing to kindly would happen to whoever interupted them over there. Unfortunately this was one situation that couldn't be stopped. No matter how much it hurt her to know such a thing was happening. It could end up bringing hell down upon the whole group if they drew attention to themselves.

"If you went over there, they could alert people inside and give us all away. Certain death for us all. Or you'd meet your timely end by that shotgun."

She just kept getting reminded that this was a game, a game of life and death. Where they were mere pawns in this persons game. Lives meant nothing to him, little more than an ant under thier boot. They had control and it was infuriating to know that got in the way of them doing something or anything good. Like saving a little girl.

"We've got bigger things to worry about right now. Like getting in and finding the key..."

It was hard to just walk away. It seemed cruel. They knew about it, yet they would just leave her to these men. It killed her a little inside to do such a thing. But it wasn't worth risking the lives of Jack and herself let alone the group they also had around them.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"It's okay. I get it. It's a horrible thing to see. I feel bad for her, I feel like I should do something as well. But--you have to weigh up the outcomes."

Glad that she had talked him out of such a foolish savour mission to save the little girl she breathed a sign a relief. To go over there would be catastrophic. Surely nothing to kindly would happen to whoever interupted them over there. Unfortunately this was one situation that couldn't be stopped. No matter how much it hurt her to know such a thing was happening. It could end up bringing hell down upon the whole group if they drew attention to themselves.

"If you went over there, they could alert people inside and give us all away. Certain death for us all. Or you'd meet your timely end by that shotgun."

She just kept getting reminded that this was a game, a game of life and death. Where they were mere pawns in this persons game. Lives meant nothing to him, little more than an ant under thier boot. They had control and it was infuriating to know that got in the way of them doing something or anything good. Like saving a little girl.

"We've got bigger things to worry about right now. Like getting in and finding the key..."

It was hard to just walk away. It seemed cruel. They knew about it, yet they would just leave her to these men. It killed her a little inside to do such a thing. But it wasn't worth risking the lives of Jack and herself let alone the group they also had around them.
"Right. The key..."

He hated walking away; but they'd been over this. He couldn't; the risks involved were simply out of proportion to the potential reward. In fact; now that he thought about it some more; he realised that the girl could just have easily been an accomplice of theirs. A girl broken beyond repair or reproach. A girl; who could no longer be saved. It made him want to cry; he had known how cruel the world could be but...he'd never experienced it first hand. Innocent; good innocent people, were suffering; it was the epitome of sadness. And the harshest possible incarnation of what was commonly known as Sod's Law.

He followed Laura further away. If they were going to do this; they would need to find a side entrance; maybe a window, and they'd have to plan all of their moves insanely carefully. One slip, and they were both dead. The thought made the hairs on Jack's neck stand on end. This truly is a game of death. A game; how can someone reduce the sanctity of life to mere chess pieces? It isn't right. He lowered his voice and spoke to Laura.

"Okay; how are we going to get in? One wrong move and we could lose everything here."

• Love
Reactions: Laurioshock
I held my breath as the doorknob slowly began to turn. The door opened slowly to reveal a single Hood standing in the hallway. I decided it was now or never and with a speed that even alarmed myself, I popped out from behind the cabinet,rushed over to the thug and grabbed by the collar of his shirt, and drove him into the wall. With the machete in my right hand, I brought it up and drove it into the man's chest cavity.

@Reaper Jack
@Laura

As I moved about the offices looking for the key, I noticed a window and through it I could see the entrance. There, I saw the men with the little girl, but I also saw some of the other contestants. In some strange little hopeful world of mine, I cracked open the window a little bit, stuck my head and hand out, and waved to them hoping they would see me and know that someone was already inside safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.