Murder Game XVII: The Infinity Parable

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The computer, for now, appeared to be locked. Leon gave Herbert a pointed glare. "Don't even think of touching that," he said to the bear, before turning to Aerith. "These guys say Maleficent is looking for them. I don't think we have a reason to doubt she's also behind the recent happenings." Aerith nodded at this but didn't seem sure what to say. Leon continued regardless and turned now to Hiro. "Right now, I want to keep you guys off the streets. Cid wouldn't go out on his own if he didn't have a way to defend himself."

"So, wait." Billy couldn't even hide his confusion. "We're getting something mixed up, right?" he questioned.

0noUrVx.jpg

Aerith shook her head, looking at a loss herself. "First of all, none of us here are familiar with a Thanos, as far as I know. If he's working with Maleficent, perhaps that is all we need to know about him for now. Second, while these hearts of light sound similar to the Princesses of Heart, judging by what you said, clearly they can't be the same. This is all very..."

Aerith faltered for a moment, prompting Arthur to speak. "Aerith and I were just discussing the matter of the Princesses of Heart. They are beings who possess hearts devoid of darkness."

"That does not sound like Jack Sparrow," Billy said.

"There's also the matter of them all being maidens," Arthur said, looking amused.

Tommy groaned. "So, are they related, or are they not?"

df2N7bJ.png

"I don't think it matters," Leon said, butting in. "You just went over that they're not the same, so you're not going to get a lead by comparing them." He shrugged. "Aerith, any clue what they're looking for?"

Aerith cleared her throat. "I think I have some idea," she said. She exchanged a glance with Arthur for a moment, who nodded back at her. "The Princesses of Heart serve as parts of a key to open... well, to open what I'll refer to as the heart of all worlds. However, when I refer to all worlds, I mean all worlds of this reality. Arthur here comes from another reality. Another... universe, you put it?" She waited for Arthur to nod. "Right, so perhaps then... all realities contain a heart. These lights Thanos and Maleficent seek may just be another reality's equivalent to this world's Princesses of Heart."

"That's... pretty heavy," Billy said. "Sort of makes sense, in theory..."

"I can't believe how boring this is," Tommy mumbled. He decided to linger around Emma, hanging just out of the corner of her gaze. He revealed an item he had been hiding, a certain gun she may have found familiar...

He was planning to draw this out and get a kick out of it, at least until Star started to mope about. She said something to Marco to make him leave her alone, but Tommy knew no kid who hid in the corner of a room was feeling all right. It just didn't sit right with him to let a young girl suffer alone.

4dhyUHu.png

"Seriously, what's wrong?" Tommy asked, appearing next to Star.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite @Jeremi

When Tommy had approached her, Star looked up at him and tried her best to hide the fact that she had been crying by quickly wiping away her tears. Though it didn't help much, seeing as her face was a bright shade of red and her eyes were still watery.

y9GEV.jpg

"Huh? Oh, I'm just.... I'm...." Star said in as she attempted to find some sort of excuse. Unlike most girls her age, Star didn't really like talking about her feelings. At least, not when it came to stuff like this. She always tried to hide them in favor of seeming like a tough girl that fought monsters. Maybe she got it from her mother and her usual stoney-faced demeanor? She didn't know. And right now, she was only worried about one thing.

After a few moments of silence and sniffles, Star finally mustered up enough courage to explain why she was like this. "I just... what if I'm one of the Hearts of Light? I mean I am an actual princess." She paused and looked up at Marco, which only caused her to nearly burst in tears. "And-and what if that Thanos guy tries to hurt Marco to get to me?" Star then buried her face in her knees again, trying to shut herself off from the outside world. She already had almost lost him under similar circumstances once. She didn't want it to happen again.

@Atomyk @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi

The computer, for now, appeared to be locked. Leon gave Herbert a pointed glare. "Don't even think of touching that," he said to the bear, before turning to Aerith. "These guys say Maleficent is looking for them. I don't think we have a reason to doubt she's also behind the recent happenings." Aerith nodded at this but didn't seem sure what to say. Leon continued regardless and turned now to Hiro. "Right now, I want to keep you guys off the streets. Cid wouldn't go out on his own if he didn't have a way to defend himself."

"So, wait." Billy couldn't even hide his confusion. "We're getting something mixed up, right?" he questioned.

0noUrVx.jpg

Aerith shook her head, looking at a loss herself. "First of all, none of us here are familiar with a Thanos, as far as I know. If he's working with Maleficent, perhaps that is all we need to know about him for now. Second, while these hearts of light sound similar to the Princesses of Heart, judging by what you said, clearly they can't be the same. This is all very..."

Aerith faltered for a moment, prompting Arthur to speak. "Aerith and I were just discussing the matter of the Princesses of Heart. They are beings who possess hearts devoid of darkness."

"There's also the matter of them all being maidens," Arthur said, looking amused.

df2N7bJ.png

"I don't think it matters," Leon said, butting in. "You just went over that they're not the same, so you're not going to get a lead by comparing them." He shrugged. "Aerith, any clue what they're looking for?"

Aerith cleared her throat. "I think I have some idea," she said. She exchanged a glance with Arthur for a moment, who nodded back at her. "The Princesses of Heart serve as parts of a key to open... well, to open what I'll refer to as the heart of all worlds. However, when I refer to all worlds, I mean all worlds of this reality. Arthur here comes from another reality. Another... universe, you put it?" She waited for Arthur to nod. "Right, so perhaps then... all realities contain a heart. These lights Thanos and Maleficent seek may just be another reality's equivalent to this world's Princesses of Heart."

"I can't believe how boring this is," Tommy mumbled. He decided to linger around Emma, hanging just out of the corner of her gaze. He revealed an item he had been hiding, a certain gun she may have found familiar...

He was planning to draw this out and get a kick out of it, at least until Star started to mope about. She said something to Marco to make him leave her alone, but Tommy knew no kid who hid in the corner of a room was feeling all right. It just didn't sit right with him to let a young girl suffer alone.

4dhyUHu.png

@Archmage Jeremiah @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite @Jeremi

America was standing arms crossed listening to Aerith explaining to the best of her ability. "That's nice and all. But that doesn't help us get any closer to finding these hearts of light before Thanos can get to them."

Songbird at least so some good news in all of it. "At least we got a clearer idea about what they are used for."

"I'm sorry we can't be of more help," Aerith replied to the two.

America sighed in frustration. "It's not your fault. At least now that we're here we can help you guys out with your Heartless problem. If Maleficent has something to do with this then I think we all wants some payback."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite

The pirate wrinkled his nose, not exactly pleased when Star would spawn a new gun for Emma. "You get a new gun, but I don't get a new flask? Alright then," he complained, still hung up on the object even when Emma told him he should mourn his loss later. A pirate's flask was his lifeline, after all! It didn't take long before he would forget it, however, mostly because he was amazing by the new area they had arrived at.

When he heard talk of the computer, Killian wandered to look at it, raising an eyebrow. "What the devil is that?" he questioned. "By far, this is the most confusing object I've seen on this god-forsaken journey." The pirate lowered his hand as if to touch it, but stopped himself shortly afterwards. He was as curious as a child, honestly wanting to know more about it.

Killian would then hear the conversation about princesses of heart, all the while spotting Tommy when he would bring over Emma's gun. He opened his mouth to say something, but paused when he noticed Star crying. For some reason, the conversation had sparked a reaction from Star. "If that were the case, we'd never let anyone hurt you," he stated firmly. Ugh, he really hoped that wasn't the case. "We'll protect Marco too. Over my dead body will I allow that fiend to snatch away children, not the two of you." He paused before adding, "If it makes you feel any better, Swan is a princess too."

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Atomyk @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Everyone​

The pirate wrinkled his nose, not exactly pleased when Star would spawn a new gun for Emma. "You get a new gun, but I don't get a new flask? Alright then," he complained, still hung up on the object even when Emma told him he should mourn his loss later. A pirate's flask was his lifeline, after all! It didn't take long before he would forget it, however, mostly because he was amazing by the new area they had arrived at.

When he heard talk of the computer, Killian wandered to look at it, raising an eyebrow. "What the devil is that?" he questioned. "By far, this is the most confusing object I've seen on this god-forsaken journey." The pirate lowered his hand as if to touch it, but stopped himself shortly afterwards. He was as curious as a child, honestly wanting to know more about it.

Killian would then hear the conversation about princesses of heart, all the while spotting Tommy when he would bring over Emma's gun. He opened his mouth to say something, but paused when he noticed Star crying. For some reason, the conversation had sparked a reaction from Star. "If that were the case, we'd never let anyone hurt you," he stated firmly. Ugh, he really hoped that wasn't the case. "We'll protect Marco too. Over my dead body will I allow that fiend to snatch away children, not the two of you." He paused before adding, "If it makes you feel any better, Swan is a princess too."

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Atomyk @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Everyone​
When Killian said that he would help protect her and Marco if she were a Heart of Light, that only caused Star to cry more and bury her face deeper in her knees, shaking her head frantically. "N-no! Please, d-don't help. He'll just hurt you guys t-t-too!" Star exclaimed, in literal tears at this point. She wanted their help, but she was tired of people she cared about getting hurt because of her. Marco, Glossaryk, even Pony Head to an extent. The fact that Emma was another Princess made her cry even harder, considering how attached she had grown to both her and Killian since they'd met. Just imagining Thanos going after Emma and Star being powerless to stop it was a..... terrifying thought, to say the least.

Why couldn't she just be normal for once?

@Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Atomyk @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited:
52Qf1X5.jpg

"Did you just say... Princesses of Heart?" Star asked, holding up a finger in question. If they really did mean it literally, however slim that chance may be, Star was the only actual Princess here. At least, in literal terms anyways. Could she have been a heart of light all along? Was she one of the people Thanos was after?

God, she hoped she wasn't.

So, not knowing what to do, Star made her way over to a lonely corner of the room and pushed her back up against the wall. She then slowly slid down the wall until she felt herself hit the floor. Star then brought her knees up to her chest and securely wrapped her arms around them.

Marco of course tool notice of this sudden mood swing and approached Star cautiously. "Star? You okay?" He asked quietly in a comforting tone.

"What? Oh yeah, I'm fine. Just thinkin' over here all alone and stuff." Star said in her best attempt to lie, though that didn't mean she enjoyed lying to Marco. Far from it, in fact. It killed her when she lied to him. Even before they were dating. She was his best friend, after all! And best friends tell each other everything, right? The fact that they were dating now only made Star feel worse about it.

Marco, knowing that Star probably did need some space, simply nodded and forced a small smile.
"Alright well, I'll be over here if you need me." Marco said before making his way back to the group.

When she was sure that Marco had left, Star buried her face in her knees and began to do something she hadn't really done in a while.

LkHX7.jpg

She cried.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Atomyk @Jeremi @Verite @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M

0noUrVx.jpg

df2N7bJ.png

4dhyUHu.png

When Tommy had approached her, Star looked up at him and tried her best to hide the fact that she had been crying by quickly wiping away her tears. Though it didn't help much, seeing as her face was a bright shade of red and her eyes were still watery.

y9GEV.jpg

"Huh? Oh, I'm just.... I'm...." Star said in as she attempted to find some sort of excuse. Unlike most girls her age, Star didn't really like talking about her feelings. At least, not when it came to stuff like this. She always tried to hide them in favor of seeming like a tough girl that fought monsters. Maybe she got it from her mother and her usual stoney-faced demeanor? She didn't know. And right now, she was only worried about one thing.

After a few moments of silence and sniffles, Star finally mustered up enough courage to explain why she was like this. "I just... what if I'm one of the Hearts of Light? I mean I am an actual princess." She paused and looked up at Marco, which only caused her to nearly burst in tears. "And-and what if that Thanos guy tries to hurt Marco to get to me?" Star then buried her face in her knees again, trying to shut herself off from the outside world. She already had almost lost him under similar circumstances once. She didn't want it to happen again.

@Atomyk @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi

When Killian said that he would help protect her and Marco if she were a Heart of Light, that only caused Star to cry more and bury her face deeper in her knees, shaking her head frantically. "N-no! Please, d-don't help. He'll just hurt you guys t-t-too!" Star exclaimed, in literal tears at this point. She wanted their help, but she was tired of people she cared about getting hurt because of her. Marco, Glossaryk, even Pony Head to an extent. The fact that Emma was another Princess made her cry even harder, considering how attached she had grown to both her and Killian since they'd met. Just imagining Thanos going after Emma and Star being powerless to stop it was a..... terrifying thought, to say the least.

"That's really what you're worried about right now?" the blonde asked dryly in a rhetorical manner, raising a single eyebrow at Killian's apparent frustration with not receiving a new flask. "We can get you one later. For now, it'd be nice if we could focus on the hearts of light or princesses or.. whatever," she huffed, rubbing her forehead. She still had a bit of an ache in her head and was a little slower to processing things, but the light and sounds bothered her less and she seemed pretty coherent and quick to react, considering how drunk she had been before.

tumblr_inline_oa801m5W5t1tab5zj_100.png

When Killian became visibly confused by the sight of the computer, Emma could again only really stare at him. What was she even supposed to say to that, really? Sure, his confusion and curiosity was cute, but it really wasn't the time to dwell on such trivial things. In fact, it was probably just about the worst time. Ever. Or, almost ever. After all, it was plain and clear that their drunken shenanigans had most definitely won the title of worst timing, blowing this out of the water, even. "You can get a lesson on computers later. For now, just... They're objects that store information, pictures, and a bunch of other stuff. Like a book, just a lot more vast in what it holds on it," she explained as simply as she could. If he wanted to know more, she'd just tell him later. For now?

Well, there were much more pressing matters.

First, it was explained that apparently, these princesses of heart were the key to a new reality. And hearts of light were just some alternate universe version of those princesses. It was a lot to take in, but all things considered? Emma- who also happened to be oblivious to Tommy's possession of her gun, at the moment -took it pretty damn well. What she didn't take well was Star's apparent horror from the reveal, picking up on this near immediately. She didn't pause, didn't hesitate in crouching at the crying girl's side, not even pausing to think about what to say.

tumblr_inline_nzdfjqa53P1tab5zj_100.jpg

"Hey,"
she greeted with a gentle tone to her voice, looking the young child in the eyes and forming a faint, kind smile. "Listen. Nothing's going to happen to you, kid. You know why?" The statement was spoken with pure, unadulterated confidence, the rhetorical question followed with the slightest nudge of Emma's shoulder against Star's own. "Because you're strong. And brave, and kind, and your heart is in the right place. And if there's one thing I've learned over this last, totally crazy year? If there's anything I've been taught?"

"It's that good always wins. And you, Star? You are good."
No little rainbow shots at a crazy pirate or fake tears would change that. All kids did some things wrong at some point, but it wasn't like Star had ever tried to do anything like that out of intent to harm. She was a good kid, just with a bit of an attitude that could use a little work at times. And if there was anything her son and her crazy fairytale parents had worked into her head, it was that good people did win out. No matter how it looked in the running. Sure, Emma wasn't a strong believer of this, herself, but she did have resolve. A resolve to make that statement true, even if it wasn't on it's own.

With one last rub of Star's shoulders, Emma drew her hands back, just staying at the girl's side in momentary silence. She did give Killian a fleeting, gentle look and smile of appreciation- and perhaps something else, subtle as this other emotion was -at his own reassuring words to Star. And Tommy for his own expression of concern, as well. Though, her smile did briefly falter at the mention of the fact that she was a princess. Not because of a worry about Thanos coming after her, but rather, the statement itself. It was true. She was the daughter of two royals, and was a princess in the flesh. But she still struggled to come to terms with that fact, not really liking the idea as a whole. Still, she shook off her own dislike of her title, nodding in affirmation. "Yeah. I guess I am," she muttered, the words almost inaudible. "Guess we really are in this together, kid. But hey, it sounds like these hearts of light are different from the princesses. Otherwise Jack and the gargoyle wouldn't have fit the criteria, right?" she pointed out. "We've got nothing to worry about--"

"...Is that my gun?"
Emma deadpanned, eyes having noticed something out of place on Tommy that looked a lot like her lost weapon.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Atomyk @Jeremi

America was standing arms crossed listening to Aerith explaining to the best of her ability. "That's nice and all. But that doesn't help us get any closer to finding these hearts of light before Thanos can get to them."

Songbird at least so some good news in all of it. "At least we got a clearer idea about what they are used for."

"I'm sorry we can't be of more help," Aerith replied to the two.

America sighed in frustration. "It's not your fault. At least now that we're here we can help you guys out with your Heartless problem. If Maleficent has something to do with this then I think we all wants some payback."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Crow @dalecOoOoOoOoOper @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @Midnight Maiden @Nater Taters @thatguyinthestore @York @Yun Lee @Takumi @Verite
"I would not say it brings us no closer to finding them...but rather that it means we've been looking at things the wrong way." Zé popped some sunflower seeds into his mouth. "So far, the Hearts of Light we have seen are a little duckling, a gargoyle, and a pirate. All unusual, when you put them together, but in the context of one person per world, there has to be something that connects them. Once we figure out that connection, perhaps we will be closer to figuring out who these Hearts of Light are before this Thanos can take another."

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore

"That's really what you're worried about right now?" the blonde asked dryly in a rhetorical manner, raising a single eyebrow at Killian's apparent frustration with not receiving a new flask. "We can get you one later. For now, it'd be nice if we could focus on the hearts of light or princesses or.. whatever," she huffed, rubbing her forehead. She still had a bit of an ache in her head and was a little slower to processing things, but the light and sounds bothered her less and she seemed pretty coherent and quick to react, considering how drunk she had been before.

When Killian became visibly confused by the sight of the computer, Emma could again only really stare at him. What was she even supposed to say to that, really? Sure, his confusion and curiosity was cute, but it really wasn't the time to dwell on such trivial things. In fact, it was probably just about the worst time. Ever. Or, almost ever. After all, it was plain and clear that their drunken shenanigans had most definitely won the title of worst timing, blowing this out of the water, even. "You can get a lesson on computers later. For now, just... They're objects that store information, pictures, and a bunch of other stuff. Like a book, just a lot more vast in what it holds on it," she explained as simply as she could. If he wanted to know more, she'd just tell him later. For now?

First, it was explained that apparently, these princesses of heart were the key to a new reality. And hearts of light were just some alternate universe version of those princesses. It was a lot to take in, but all things considered? Emma- who also happened to be oblivious to Tommy's possession of her gun, at the moment -took it pretty damn well. What she didn't take well was Star's apparent horror from the reveal, picking up on this near immediately. She didn't pause, didn't hesitate in crouching at the crying girl's side, not even pausing to think about what to say.

"Hey,"
she greeted with a gentle tone to her voice, looking the young child in the eyes and forming a faint, kind smile. "Listen. Nothing's going to happen to you, kid. You know why?" The statement was spoken with pure, unadulterated confidence, the rhetorical question followed with the slightest nudge of Emma's shoulder against Star's own. "Because you're strong. And brave, and kind, and your heart is in the right place. And if there's one thing I've learned over this last, totally crazy year? If there's anything I've been taught?"

No little rainbow shots at a crazy pirate or fake tears would change that. All kids did some things wrong at some point, but it wasn't like Star had ever tried to do anything like that out of intent to harm. She was a good kid, just with a bit of an attitude that could use a little work at times. And if there was anything her son and her crazy fairytale parents had worked into her head, it was that good people did win out. No matter how it looked in the running. Sure, Emma wasn't a strong believer of this, herself, but she did have resolve. A resolve to make that statement true, even if it wasn't on it's own.

With one last rub of Star's shoulders, Emma drew her hands back, just staying at the girl's side in momentary silence. She did give Killian a fleeting, gentle look and smile of appreciation- and perhaps something else, subtle as this other emotion was -at his own reassuring words to Star. And Tommy for his own expression of concern, as well. Though, her smile did briefly falter at the mention of the fact that she was a princess. Not because of a worry about Thanos coming after her, but rather, the statement itself. It was true. She was the daughter of two royals, and was a princess in the flesh. But she still struggled to come to terms with that fact, not really liking the idea as a whole. Still, she shook off her own dislike of her title, nodding in affirmation. "Yeah. I guess I am," she muttered, the words almost inaudible. "Guess we really are in this together, kid. But hey, it sounds like these hearts of light are different from the princesses. Otherwise Jack and the gargoyle wouldn't have fit the criteria, right?" she pointed out. "We've got nothing to worry about--"

"...Is that my gun?"
Emma deadpanned, eyes having noticed something out of place on Tommy that looked a lot like her lost weapon.

When Emma approached the girl, Star managed to look up at her with tons of sniffles and the occasional tear that managed to roll down her cheek. After a few moments of silence, Star simply brought herself up to her knees and did what she would usually do.

SL1F7.jpg

Star wouldn't say anything, but would rather pull Emma into her embrace quietly as a show of gratitude, allowing her hug to do all the talking for her.

@Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Crow @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
When Emma approached the girl, Star managed to look up at her with tons of sniffles and the occasional tear that managed to roll down her cheek. After a few moments of silence, Star simply brought herself up to her knees and did what she would usually do.

SL1F7.jpg

Star wouldn't say anything, but would rather pull Emma into her embrace quietly as a show of gratitude, allowing her hug to do all the talking for her.

Well, to say Emma had been expecting the embrace would have been a lie. In fact, she was entirely prepared for the kid to not at all believe her, the way she would likely not have believed someone if they told her similar words all those years ago when she felt so abandoned and crushed by the world. But Star... Star was different. Innocent, kind-- a child who still had hope, no matter what was thrown at her, if only in small amounts that might need stoked every now and again to return the fire. She was much like Henry, in that way.

God, she missed Henry. But for now...

tumblr_nna1m09bIJ1utfefno1_250.gif

While the embrace was unexpected, Emma managed to recover from her surprise after only a few moments of standing in shock, her arms slowly wrapping around the girl and her chin coming to rest atop her head, holding her in an undoubtedly motherly embrace. "...We'll get through this, kid," she found herself murmuring softly, not even fully realizing it. "I promise." Because they had no other choice. She needed to get back to her son, and just as badly, she needed to make sure Star got home safely. And so she just held the young girl for as long as she needed it, even finding comfort in the embrace, herself.

@thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Jeremi

"Hey,"

"...Is that my gun?"

24dFJ.jpg

The hug lasted... well, it lasted quite a while. Almost as long as the ones with Marco usually did. Towards the end of said hug, Star smiled and whispered, "Thank you." Before pulling out and wiping the tears away one last time. After that little moment, Star just turned to look at Emma and Killian. "So.... what do you guys wanna do now?" Star asked, almost as if the last ten minutes or so had never happened.

"Hey,"

"...Is that my gun?"

SL1F7.jpg

Well, to say Emma had been expecting the embrace would have been a lie. In fact, she was entirely prepared for the kid to not at all believe her, the way she would likely not have believed someone if they told her similar words all those years ago when she felt so abandoned and crushed by the world. But Star... Star was different. Innocent, kind-- a child who still had hope, no matter what was thrown at her, if only in small amounts that might need stoked every now and again to return the fire. She was much like Henry, in that way.

God, she missed Henry. But for now...

tumblr_nna1m09bIJ1utfefno1_250.gif

While the embrace was unexpected, Emma managed to recover from her surprise after only a few moments of standing in shock, her arms slowly wrapping around the girl and her chin coming to rest atop her head, holding her in an undoubtedly motherly embrace. "...We'll get through this, kid," she found herself murmuring softly, not even fully realizing it. "I promise." Because they had no other choice. She needed to get back to her son, and just as badly, she needed to make sure Star got home safely. And so she just held the young girl for as long as she needed it, even finding comfort in the embrace, herself.

@thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Jeremi

24dFJ.jpg

The hug lasted... well, it lasted quite a while. Almost as long as the ones with Marco usually did. Towards the end of said hug, Star smiled and whispered, "Thank you." Before pulling out and wiping the tears away one last time. After that little moment, Star just turned to look at Emma and Killian. "So.... what do you guys wanna do now?" Star asked, almost as if the last ten minutes or so had never happened.

"Of course," Killian said half-heartedly when Emma would suggest that they get him a new flask later. Somehow, he doubted they would have time for that, not with other pressing matters at hand that they needed to attend to. Like Star being upset, for example, was another thing they needed to pay attention to. Not that anything he said had been any help. Somehow, his words had only made her cry more. Bleh, this is why he didn't like children. At least, he told himself that he didn't like them.

His words, however, seemed not to be for a total loss. Emma ended up shooting him a look of approval, a look that he shied away from, pretending to turn and look at the computer. Hook was still a little... hesitant with this fine line he had been walking lately, teetering between a hero and a villain. He wanted to be the pirate he was meant to be, but with Emma giving him approval for kind behavior, it made Killian feel the need to draw closer to being a better person. Right now, this was just very confusing to the man.

The captain mumbled to himself, like the old man that he truthfully was, continuing to look at the computer for a few moments while Emma and Star shared their hug. He totally didn't feel left out. Nope. Once the girls had finished hugging, Killian looked back to them with a smile. "Such an endearing embrace. Almost makes a man jealous," he teased. "But I'm not quite sure what we should do. Savior, what say you?" he questioned. He personally figured they should just stay with the group until they moved on, whenever that would be, but he decided to humor Star's question.

@Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore

24dFJ.jpg

"Of course," Killian said half-heartedly when Emma would suggest that they get him a new flask later. Somehow, he doubted they would have time for that, not with other pressing matters at hand that they needed to attend to. Like Star being upset, for example, was another thing they needed to pay attention to. Not that anything he said had been any help. Somehow, his words had only made her cry more. Bleh, this is why he didn't like children. At least, he told himself that he didn't like them.

His words, however, seemed not to be for a total loss. Emma ended up shooting him a look of approval, a look that he shied away from, pretending to turn and look at the computer. Hook was still a little... hesitant with this fine line he had been walking lately, teetering between a hero and a villain. He wanted to be the pirate he was meant to be, but with Emma giving him approval for kind behavior, it made Killian feel the need to draw closer to being a better person. Right now, this was just very confusing to the man.

The captain mumbled to himself, like the old man that he truthfully was, continuing to look at the computer for a few moments while Emma and Star shared their hug. He totally didn't feel left out. Nope. Once the girls had finished hugging, Killian looked back to them with a smile. "Such an endearing embrace. Almost makes a man jealous," he teased. "But I'm not quite sure what we should do. Savior, what say you?" he questioned. He personally figured they should just stay with the group until they moved on, whenever that would be, but he decided to humor Star's question.

tumblr_inline_o7tdbhxQVk1tab5zj_100.png

Admittedly, Emma hadn't really noticed Killian's clear aversion of his gaze from her own, a little too distracted by the girl she was holding. That said, the voicing of appreciation from Star as she slowly pulled away only earned a smile from Emma as her own arms retracted, there being only a small delay in her response. "Anytime, kid." Anytime. That sounded nice. As though, even after this was all over, they could still keep in touch. Because like it or not, she had formed an attachment to the little blonde princess, much like she had to Henry when she first met him again after their ten years apart. Come to think of it, Star and Henry would get along well. Emma's smile widened slightly at the thought, images of the two kids meeting and hanging around Henry's castle together flitting through her mind. Maybe when she got home, she could help rebuild it.

But she would save that for another time. Right now, more important matters were at hand, such as giving Hook one of her infamous looks upon his comment about their hug. But the look was a bit lacking in annoyance, surprisingly, filled with more amusement than anything else. "Be as jealous as you want. It's not getting you anything," she teased right back, feeling good enough after having cheered up Star to do so. But still, as good as she felt, there were also serious matters to address. So it was with a small sigh that, upon Killian redirecting Star's inquiry to her, she spoke up, climbing to her feet before doing so. "Well, Thanos already has three of the hearts out of seven. Two of which are apparently with us. We can't just sit around on our asses while he gathers more," she pointed out simply. "So, that said, I think it's pretty clear we need a new approach. He's obviously always one step ahead. If we can figure out how that is, how he's determining who the hearts are and replicate that, or even find our own way to track them..." she trailed off, seeming to think deeply for a few moments.

Eventually just shaking her head, Emma spoke again, going on a slightly different track. She was still struggling with this whole 'being the savior' business, really not used to anyone relying on her, let alone everyone. "I guess until we can do that, we should just try to focus on helping these guys here with the heartless, like America said. We kind of have a track record for the hearts showing up while we're doing our thing. Maybe this time we should try to stay a little closer to the locals, though. Maybe- gosh, this sounds ridiculous -partnering up, or going in groups."

Admittedly, Emma hadn't really noticed Killian's clear aversion of his gaze from her own, a little too distracted by the girl she was holding. That said, the voicing of appreciation from Star as she slowly pulled away only earned a smile from Emma as her own arms retracted, there being only a small delay in her response. "Anytime, kid." Anytime. That sounded nice. As though, even after this was all over, they could still keep in touch. Because like it or not, she had formed an attachment to the little blonde princess, much like she had to Henry when she first met him again after their ten years apart. Come to think of it, Star and Henry would get along well. Emma's smile widened slightly at the thought, images of the two kids meeting and hanging around Henry's castle together flitting through her mind. Maybe when she got home, she could help rebuild it.

But she would save that for another time. Right now, more important matters were at hand, such as giving Hook one of her infamous looks upon his comment about their hug. But the look was a bit lacking in annoyance, surprisingly, filled with more amusement than anything else. "Be as jealous as you want. It's not getting you anything," she teased right back, feeling good enough after having cheered up Star to do so. But still, as good as she felt, there were also serious matters to address. So it was with a small sigh that, upon Killian redirecting Star's inquiry to her, she spoke up, climbing to her feet before doing so. "Well, Thanos already has three of the hearts out of seven. Two of which are apparently with us. We can't just sit around on our asses while he gathers more," she pointed out simply. "So, that said, I think it's pretty clear we need a new approach. He's obviously always one step ahead. If we can figure out how that is, how he's determining who the hearts are and replicate that, or even find our own way to track them..." she trailed off, seeming to think deeply for a few moments.

Eventually just shaking her head, Emma spoke again, going on a slightly different track. She was still struggling with this whole 'being the savior' business, really not used to anyone relying on her, let alone everyone. "I guess until we can do that, we should just try to focus on helping these guys here with the heartless, like America said. We kind of have a track record for the hearts showing up while we're doing our thing. Maybe this time we should try to stay a little closer to the locals, though. Maybe- gosh, this sounds ridiculous -partnering up, or going in groups."

X2DUT.jpg

Star perked up when Emma and Killian both spoke up, her usual happy-go-lucky demeanor especially when Emma mentioned making groups. "Ooh! Ooh! I call being in a group with Killian and Emma!" Star said as she stood between them both enthusiasticly. "We can call ourselves 'Team Laserpuppies!' " Star exclaimed with enough joy to fill a whole pool.

@Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Atomyk @whoever​

X2DUT.jpg

Star perked up when Emma and Killian both spoke up, her usual happy-go-lucky demeanor especially when Emma mentioned making groups. "Ooh! Ooh! I call being in a group with Killian and Emma!" Star said as she stood between them both enthusiasticly. "We can call ourselves 'Team Laserpuppies!' " Star exclaimed with enough joy to fill a whole pool.

tumblr_inline_o8laue1n561tab5zj_100.png

So, Star's enthusiasm and desire to be teamed with herself and Killian was pretty amusing. She hadn't really been thinking of forming teams, just little two to maybe five person groups with the respective surrounding civilians. But whatever made Star happy, she supposed. Still. "Team Laserpuppies?" Emma repeated, both eyebrows raising with... intrigue. Yeah, let's go with intrigue. "I'll bite. What's it suppose to-..." And suddenly she had a vivid recollection of the many, many code names that were totally random and ridiculous that her son came up with. Oh yeah, Star and Henry would definitely get along. "Actually? Never mind. Keep it a surprise."

X2DUT.jpg

So, Star's enthusiasm and desire to be teamed with herself and Killian was pretty amusing. She hadn't really been thinking of forming teams, just little two to maybe five person groups with the respective surrounding civilians. But whatever made Star happy, she supposed. Still. "Team Laserpuppies?" Emma repeated, both eyebrows raising with... intrigue. Yeah, let's go with intrigue. "I'll bite. What's it suppose to-..." And suddenly she had a vivid recollection of the many, many code names that were totally random and ridiculous that her son came up with. Oh yeah, Star and Henry would definitely get along. "Actually? Never mind. Keep it a surprise."

tumblr_inline_ob29wvM6eQ1tse695_100.png

"We'll see about that,"
Killian teased Emma in return, before instinctively reaching into his coat to check for his flask... which still wasn't there. Grumbling, the pirate scrubbed one of his feet against the floor. How was he supposed to get through the rest of this trip without his flask? Annoyed by this predicament, Hook paid little attention to what Emma had to say about needing to take a different approach when it came to locating the hearts of light. Of course he knew that.

Killian would only pay attention to the conversations again when would hear Star blurt out some kind of ridiculous nickname. He raised an eyebrow, glancing to the child with confusion. "I fail to see how you think that name is befitting of our group, lass," he replied. He was tempted to say more, such as how he could probably come up with a better name himself, but decided to keep his mouth shut when Emma told Star she could keep it a surprise. "Oh, I love surprises. Whenever they're not the kind that kill me, that is."

"We'll see about that,"
Killian teased Emma in return, before instinctively reaching into his coat to check for his flask... which still wasn't there. Grumbling, the pirate scrubbed one of his feet against the floor. How was he supposed to get through the rest of this trip without his flask? Annoyed by this predicament, Hook paid little attention to what Emma had to say about needing to take a different approach when it came to locating the hearts of light. Of course he knew that.

Killian would only pay attention to the conversations again when would hear Star blurt out some kind of ridiculous nickname. He raised an eyebrow, glancing to the child with confusion. "I fail to see how you think that name is befitting of our group, lass," he replied. He was tempted to say more, such as how he could probably come up with a better name himself, but decided to keep his mouth shut when Emma told Star she could keep it a surprise. "Oh, I love surprises. Whenever they're not the kind that kill me, that is."

"Oh, that's easy--" Star began to speak in response to Emma. "We fight monsters, duh!" Star exclaimed as she demonstrated some punches and kicks on the air in front of her. After she did this, Killian had made the offhand comment on how he didn't understand why they were called "Laserpuppies" to which Star simply smirked in response to his inquiry.

Qng9e.jpg

"Oh, we're called the Laserpuppies because these are our mascots!" Star exclaimed with a smirk. Before either Killian or Emma could ask what she meant or who she was talking about, Star had already waven her wand around and caused a whole litter of literal Laser puppies to appear!​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty

0noUrVx.jpg

df2N7bJ.png

4dhyUHu.png

"Alright, alright, paws to myself," Herbert sighs.

wGGjE0w.jpg

"I know you guys said that we should stop comparing them, but what if the pirate isn't a Heart of Light? What if he's being used to blackmail an actual Heart of Light?"

Herbert continues.

"Or maybe he is, and the Hearts of Light are indeed a seperate concept from the Princesses of Light, where they represent a single aspect of this 'light' and not all of it. Just a little thought. I mean, none of us know the truth. Only the Thanos guy and Malignant and hat guy and all the others on that side do."

Herbert shrugs his shoulders.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @etcetcetc​

"Oh, that's easy--" Star began to speak in response to Emma. "We fight monsters, duh!" Star exclaimed as she demonstrated some punches and kicks on the air in front of her. After she did this, Killian had made the offhand comment on how he didn't understand why they were called "Laserpuppies" to which Star simply smirked in response to his inquiry.

Qng9e.jpg

"Oh, we're called the Laserpuppies because these are our mascots!" Star exclaimed with a smirk. Before either Killian or Emma could ask what she meant or who she was talking about, Star had already waven her wand around and caused a whole litter of literal Laser puppies to appear!​

lJ32qjc.jpg

"Hey, can I keep one?"

@Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi

Reactions: Takumi

"We'll see about that,"

Qng9e.jpg

tumblr_inline_o7tdbfCCkx1tab5zj_100.png

Well, that only earned more amusement from Emma, who actually seemed to be on the verge of laughing at Hook's words. Instead, she settled for taunting him right back, only briefly even bothering to fix him with her gaze to do so. "You couldn't handle it," she remarked before all too quickly turning her attention away. Instead, she opted to reply to Star, offering only a nod. She knew better than to argue names with kids, especially codenames or team names or whatever. She would have commented on the matter of the fact that they fought bad guys or whatever, but she kind of got sidetracked when the girl waved her wand and--

"..."

Okay. So she really didn't know what to say about that. She looked to be at a complete loss, internally screaming as she gazed down at the laser-shooting pups whilst externally giving a forced, awkward smile that she had to fight to wrangle onto her face. For Star. "Uhh, yeah, that's... Great, Star." What was she going to do with this child? Wait. No. A glance was spared at Killian before mentally, she corrected the previous statement. These children was a more accurate term.

"I would not say it brings us no closer to finding them...but rather that it means we've been looking at things the wrong way." Zé popped some sunflower seeds into his mouth. "So far, the Hearts of Light we have seen are a little duckling, a gargoyle, and a pirate. All unusual, when you put them together, but in the context of one person per world, there has to be something that connects them. Once we figure out that connection, perhaps we will be closer to figuring out who these Hearts of Light are before this Thanos can take another."

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore

"Well when you find out what that is please tell the rest of us."
America was not happy that they still didn't know what was connecting all of the victims. If it was these Princess of Light then maybe something could be figured out, but as of right now there was very little to go by. Jack's inclusion specifically threw a wrench in a lot of their theories.

There was something else that was bugging her too. "So I have a question," America said turning her attention towards Arthur. "Why's a guy traveling universes asking about princesses of heart?" She was curious to find out why this guy was here talking about things that she and her group were looking for as well.​

"..."

It seemed that Star was intent on showing off just how destructive she could be by letting loose a bunch of lasers in a tiny and crowded room, so Billy was quick to conjure a magical barrier around the strange animals. "I was going to say us splitting up is a bad idea," he said sardonically, "but maybe a few of us could do with getting out of each other's hair."

EObaBA9.png

"What the--?!" Leon had been ready to fly into action upon seeing the group of what he could only imagine was some kind of Heartless abomination but held off when Billy had the situation handled. He was going to admonish Star for bringing the dogs into the house, at least until he saw the sincere look on her face. Tch, kids.

"Fine then, maybe splitting you guys up could help both of us out. I'm going to be on patrol, so if any of you are any good in a fight, feel free to join me."

"I don't want to get stuck with wonder boy, so--" Tommy walked up to Emma and handed her the gun. Like a real gentleman. "I assume you guys want to head out?" he asked.

Billy just shook his head. "I think it's being one big group which has largely kept us from losing the lights we do have."

Meanwhile, with the laserpuppy issue being dealt with, Arthur started to answer America's question.

UXTG2fB.png

"Naturally, you would be curious. Dimensional travel is no small feat. I'd love to know how you arrived here as well, but in my case, I am with a group capable of such means. They seek to eliminate threats such as these Heartless from all worlds. Beings devoid of darkness are of much interest to us."

He looked around the room briefly. "I think I will be staying here with Aerith, for now."

"..."

It seemed that Star was intent on showing off just how destructive she could be by letting loose a bunch of lasers in a tiny and crowded room, so Billy was quick to conjure a magical barrier around the strange animals. "I was going to say us splitting up is a bad idea," he said sardonically, "but maybe a few of us could do with getting out of each other's hair."

EObaBA9.png

"What the--?!" Leon had been ready to fly into action upon seeing the group of what he could only imagine was some kind of Heartless abomination but held off when Billy had the situation handled. He was going to admonish Star for bringing the dogs into the house, at least until he saw the sincere look on her face. Tch, kids.

"Fine then, maybe splitting you guys up could help both of us out. I'm going to be on patrol, so if any of you are any good in a fight, feel free to join me."

"I don't want to get stuck with wonder boy, so--" Tommy walked up to Emma and handed her the gun. Like a real gentleman. "I assume you guys want to head out?" he asked.

Billy just shook his head. "I think it's being one big group which has largely kept us from losing the lights we do have."

Meanwhile, with the laserpuppy issue being dealt with, Arthur started to answer America's question.

UXTG2fB.png

"Naturally, you would be curious. Dimensional travel is no small feat. I'd love to know how you arrived here as well, but in my case, I am with a group capable of such means. They seek to eliminate threats such as these Heartless from all worlds. Beings devoid of darkness are of much interest to us."

He looked around the room briefly. "I think I will be staying here with Aerith, for now."

America didn't much care to tell Arthur about how she traveled, and even less after he mentioned a group. "If I told you I'd have to kill you."

Leon asking if people wanted to go out on patrol was a perfect scapegoat. "If you want a hang along I'm ready for some action."

"Is it really okay to split up?"
Songbird said echoing Billy's statement. "We don't even know who in our group the lights are. If Maleficent's here then Thanos can't be too far behind."

Leon just shrugged. "You can do whatever, I'm going patrolling with or with out you guys."

"We're going to be fine," America assured Songbird. "Even split up we've got enough muscle to deal with the Heartless."

Songbird didn't like this, but the little while she'd known America she knew there was no point in arguing. "Fine, anyone who goes with Leon be on alert okay?"

Status
Not open for further replies.