Murder Game IV: Monokuma Rising

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayonetta had been quiet.

She tok note of the current vote count. She respected and trusted Funny Valentine, but the case against him seemed a strong one.

tumblr_momi1mHbGt1rwagiko7_250.gif

"I'm not yet convinced President Valentine is the one," Bayonetta stated to the group remaining.

"But time for finding another suspect is running short this time."

"By the way,"

tumblr_momi1mHbGt1rwagiko3_250.gif

"Did someone stumble upon my Scarborough Fair?"
"Ah, yes, I have," Kotomine replied, "I found them in one of those damn bear's machines, and I had a feeling they belonged to you," he said, pulling out the items he recovered from the monomono machine, "Are these what you were referring to?"

ScarboroughFair.png

A soft chuckle. "No, I do not believe you have the skill to do what I just described, but you seem adamant in painting me as the villain for a murder that only incriminates me due to the power of my Stand and ignoring everything else. Who said anything about their brains? The eyes, Mr Castle I speak of the eyes. Unless of course...it is an inherent ability." Then a stern look aimed at Frank. "If you think me a coward then I should think you one as well. One does not reach the station I am in by hiding in the sidelines after all."

And then...the goggles. "Mr Spicer...what is that around your head?"

@BarrenThin
@Raven
"You do build a rather interesting case, President Valentine. I'm sure you'll do forgive me for my rashness. After all, this case is an exciting one, no doubt," he spoke with a collected smile again, calming down after his big episode. Having presented the facts of the matter, all that remained now were what the weapons were. It had been hinted to him that a flamethrower was present... but then again, Monokuma stated night-vision was just ridiculous. Was he trying to confuse them? To lead them on? Or what?

"Well, there's another one that we could use. The Blue Truth. It's like a theory based on the facts we know. For example, we can assume that it's redundant to die in the realm of the afterlife. There's no drawback for the Blue, sometimes it's greater than a Red Truth, sometimes it's not. Just have those two Truths and logical battles ensue," Erika further explained for Robin. She knew there was a Golden Truth and the Purple Declaration, but those would be utterly useless here as the Golden Truth needed you to be a Gamemaster or to know this entire game inside-out, and the Purple Declaration was only used like the Red Truth but the culprit could lie with it. Besides, the red and blue were already good enough.

@The Pimp Tactician @afterlife peeps

Current Votes

Funny - Jack\Wuya
Kotomine - Funny
Frank - Jack\Wuya
Jack\Wuya - Funny

---

Funny - 2
Jack\Wuya - 2

ZQPkCze.png

"Now we've come to a tie! That's rather unfortunate! One of you just take a shot in the dark and break the tie, hurry up!" It seems Monokuma wasn't up for pushing the vote around much longer.

Having figured out the lift situation, Jennifer brings you all to it, but then she realizes it's not quite large enough for everyone to fit. "I, uh... Not all of us can fit. Do you mind staying behind?" Jennifer asks, turning to Robin and Erika. She's not happy about having to ask, but she's realizing that she knows more than these people do. She has an obligation to them.

@york
@Josh M
@Krieg
@The Pimp Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies

Robin sighed and scratched the back of his head, "If Erika is willing to wait, then I'll stay with her and Dlanor."

"Oh, no problem with us miss," Erika smiled, reassuring them that it was fine to let them be and wait. Dlanor silently sticked with the duo, having gone to her silent behavior...

Jennifer nodded, starting the lift as everyone else piled in. Up and up they went, until they were out of sight...

"Hmm," says a girl, walking into the hall. She spots Robin's group and sighs.

XqUACHO.jpg

"You're supposed to be finding the rabbit. You're worse than Jennifer, you lazy things." Crossing her arms, she shakes her head. "Do you want to be punished? Or..." She then smiles. "Right, okay, there may be a second gift that will be satisfactory, you know... A fish. Any fish. Do you understand?"

@The Pimp Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies

"There wasn't enough room on the elevator so we couldn't go along with the rest of the group. However, a second gift would be fine to retrieve," Robin explained. "So then, any clues on where to find one?"

// Jesus fuck, I think this is the longest post I've ever done in a Murder Game. Fuckin' Atomyk, making me think through this shit.

"Yes, a wonder, isn't it?" Kotomine repeated half-heartedly, crossing his arms as the familiar courtroom set-up began to take form as he went through the info given to him.

Tch. If I wanted to be a lawyer, I could have just quit the church and became one myself. A shame that the two most useful ones are dead... so the judgments, for the most part, will be up to me, he deduced, If I were a more magnanimous man, I'd be more concerned with the possibility I may very well be sending an innocent to death if I were to make a wrong move, but lucky me. I care little for that, as I know that the primary downside in coming to the incorrect conclusion will simply give the traitor another chance to commit a murder... and given my increasing involvement, I may very well be the next victim...

Clearing his throat, the priest decided that he would speak first. "We are gathered here today to mourn the deaths of three more young lives. They were so hastily taken away from us by the wrathful hand of God," he said without much emotion in his voice as usual, like he personally didn't care too much, "Or rather, the wrathful hand of a traitorous whelp. We must invoke justice upon this traitor, so let's get started with the basic facts; electrocution, burns, duct tape, blunt trauma, strangulation, and a Russian flag. We have to tie these factors together to accurately reproduce the scene of the crime," he spoke coolly.

"I have my personal suspicion, but I feel that we should all have a nice chat over the facts and speculate further before I feel confident enough to voice my suspect. In the warehouse where the victims and I were located, the lights were broken. With a place that big, that must mean they were shot, likely with a firearm. Whoever the traitor is, he or she is an efficient and quick killer with a quick head to match. Fast enough to cut a wire, he dragged the first victim, Dlanor, to the wire, where she was electrocuted thanks to the presence of a puddle of water," he began.

After catching his breath and collecting his thoughts, the priest continued. "To prevent Robin from resisting, the killer likely stole Erika's duct tape to bind him. Unless Erika happened to choose the wrong time to playfully bind him. Judging from the burn marks on the other victims' clothes, they were likely about to be electrocuted too, but resisted, even despite Robin's hands being bound. This forced the killer to improvise; he or she strangled the two of them, and then applied blunt trauma for good measure. But to handle two of them at the same time... that would take impressive skill, eh? For whatever reason, after the two of them perished, the killer decided to drag the two bodies outside, and to make his or her mark, he or she somehow managed to produce a flag. A Russian flag in 'honor' of Cosmo. Yes, that is what I believe the run-down is. Any questions or objections?" He asked.

Yes... I would know the mindset of a killer. Because I am a killer as well. I'm a murderer, just like the traitors, he thought to himself, fairly amused yet pleased at himself, though confidence wasn't a strong suit of his. Priests like him were taught that pride was a deadly sin.

@EVERYONE
Poirot shakes his head, after listening to the priest. "No, I am sorry, Mon ami. I believe you have some of that backwards." He gives the man a grateful smile. "True, the lady did die in the puddle, and most probably first of the three, but to prevent the other two from fighting back - since we all know Robin as a fierce defender of Miss Erika - I believe they were knocked unconscious, hence the blunt blows to the head, most likely taken by surprise." He pauses, thinking it over. "In fact, the three of them could have been knocked unconscious, as there is little way to examine the lady in the puddle with the electricity on." He shrugs, and goes on. "Then, they were strangled, bound together as a mockery of their affection towards each other, and given the shock - mostly likely to connect the two murders with the first."

"As to the light to see by . . . " He gives a stern look over at the bear. "If the murderer is working with the electrical wire, it would be possible to use the wire to give a little light to see by." He holds up his fingers in a small pinch. "Not much, just a little, so that he could see, and no one else in the dark may notice."

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Verite and Atomyk
"Excuses," she snaps, before softening. "There's a fish tank in Mr. Hoffman's office. That disgusting man... Do be mindful not to get in trouble, will you?" She waits a moment, before realizing you lazy things will probably next ask her where his office is. "Don't bother hanging around the Club Room! It's not there. It's waaaay back on the airship, in a place most of the others are afraid to go..."

@The Pimp Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies

Last edited:
"Listen, I've faced worse than some disgusting man. Erika, let's go so we can get you out of here," Robin ordered as he headed for the back of the airship.

"Oh, then we thank you kindly for that information," Erika said with that smile of hers towards the girl, making it ambiguous if she were genuine or going off into her sarcastic remarks again. With that, she had Dlanor follow her as they headed for the back of the airship. During all of this, she really couldn't stop thinking about what would be the case if she did 'get out.'

Said back of the airship leads to a place no guest was meant to go. Rickety and old catwalks sit above a pool of darkness. Only engineers were permitted here, once upon a time. I'd watch your step, if I were you.

That same voice booms inside your heads once again, "A long, long time ago, the Mermaid Princess fell in love with a human prince."

Do you believe in mermaids?

@The Pimp Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies

"No, I don't believe in mermaids, stupid voice in my head. They're the things of fairy tales," Robin announced as he checked the catwalks.

Frank began to examine the others. One thing he noticed is that several members of this little fucked up circus were being awful quiet. One that he focused on, though, is Yang. What he knew about her made her seem good. Wuya certainly didn't. He switched his vote, once again, to Yang.

@Atomyk
@Everyone else

Last edited by a moderator:
Current Votes

Funny - Jack\Wuya
Kotomine - Funny
Frank - Yang
Jack\Wuya - Funny
Yang - Yang

---

Funny - 2
Jack\Wuya - 1
Yang - 2

ZQPkCze.png

"Well, that's certainly an odd choice at this point! Do you know something I don't know? Did you perhaps recieve a divine message?"​

Reactions: BarrenThin
Poirot shakes his head, after listening to the priest. "No, I am sorry, Mon ami. I believe you have some of that backwards." He gives the man a grateful smile. "True, the lady did die in the puddle, and most probably first of the three, but to prevent the other two from fighting back - since we all know Robin as a fierce defender of Miss Erika - I believe they were knocked unconscious, hence the blunt blows to the head, most likely taken by surprise." He pauses, thinking it over. "In fact, the three of them could have been knocked unconscious, as there is little way to examine the lady in the puddle with the electricity on." He shrugs, and goes on. "Then, they were strangled, bound together as a mockery of their affection towards each other, and given the shock - mostly likely to connect the two murders with the first."

"As to the light to see by . . . " He gives a stern look over at the bear. "If the murderer is working with the electrical wire, it would be possible to use the wire to give a little light to see by." He holds up his fingers in a small pinch. "Not much, just a little, so that he could see, and no one else in the dark may notice."
"You do bring up interesting points. Perhaps I should have let the actual detectives do the speaking... even if one of them is already dead," he spoke, crossing his arms, "Looking over the facts, that could be a viable theory. With that in mind, it brings to light; could the murderer have done it all by themself? We had assumed that with a murder as complex as this one, it was most likely that a duo had done the job, but if it was really one individual who did it, it makes me wonder..." He murmured, holding his chin in thought, "In both of our guesses, have we had it wrong this whole time? Young Jack and Miss Wuya wouldn't be exactly the type of people I'd describe as good-hearted... but it is also true that President Valentine has limited knowledge on this era's technology. Perhaps it was someone who's been with us all this time, someone cunning enough to remain right under our noses, like..." Kotomine said, his eyes darting about.

"... like Miss Yang. Urushihara is not one of pure-heart, even if he's been with us since the beginning. The majority of other people who were in the warehouse with us at the time had joined with us later, so I believe they could not be the traitor," the priest reasoned, "Of course, 'tis a shot in the dark, but to bring it in a new direction... Well, let's just see what happens next."

@Atomyk @ItsToppyTippers @everyone

"A dark horse appears. Hmhmhm. Very well, perhaps this Yang is the one we are seeking."

Pretty Boy looked at his ID for a moment, to check where he was and his brows furrowed "Yang...Vote for me..." he says looking at her "Please...just do it..."

His hand tightened around the ID "That way...I'll get a vote...and..."

His eyes look at the votes and his shakes his head, picking Funny "You'll only have 2 this way...neither of us will die..." he looks at her and sighs heavily, his heart racing

His ID pings again and he sighs, looking down, before tossing the device over his shoulder "I'll kill every last one of them, fuck this game, stupid...UGH"

His hands found their way to his knives and he clenched his jaw, gritting his teeth in anger "I might not be a traitor, but I'll be damned if I let this go unanswered..."

He looked at her for a long moment and took her hand in his own "Please...Just..." he teared up, pulling her into a tight hug, hearing his ID ping again...another vote for Yang it seemed "Don't leave me...not like this..."

@All you assholes who voted for her

Status
Not open for further replies.