Murder Game IV: Monokuma Rising

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Joellie

River went quiet for a moment, listening to Ed ramble on in his sleep about the sea and other things. She chuckled and continued to watch him. The way he acted was sort of... cute. River rather would have had her neck snapped by a weeping angel than admitted it out loud though. She reached out and gently brushed a bit of hair off his face while mumbling, "Blimey, I'm getting more attached to you than I ever intended." Oh well. Too late now.

When he woke up, River quickly sat up. She noticed his lack of balance before Edward himself did and moved to catch him--only to fail. She covered her mouth and tried not to chuckle, but then quickly moved over to grab his arm to try and slow him down. "Shhh, pace yourself," she cautioned, wanting him to be careful. "Yeah, that was one hell of a night, wasn't it? The feeling is mutual. I haven't felt like that in a long time. Thanks... I... um..." River paused, thinking of a few mushy words she wanted to say to him, but quickly lost her nerve so she teased him instead. "I told you I was a lot to handle. If you think you're falling over right now because you're hung over from the alcohol, you're dead wrong. You're just weak at the knees after all I put you through."

While Edward moved to find his own clothes, River did the same. She managed to get dressed rather quickly, but didn't realize her shirt was on backwards. She then glanced to Ed who seemed to be confusing his memories with those of The Doctor again. River frowned. This side effect he had still worried her, especially when he couldn't seem to come up with his own name. She moved in front of him and pressed a finger to his lips to quiet him.

"Pirate who is a pain in my arse, shut up," she said. Although it was a scold, River's words came out gentle and in more of a caring manner. After speaking she gripped onto his hands--which were trying to button up his shirt the rest of the way--and placed them down at his sides. She then went to slowly button up the rest of his shirt for him. "Don't ramble like that. You think too hard and it's only going to hurt worse. Those perfect moments you mentioned are memories of The Doctor, not you. And they didn't happen because, well, he wasn't exactly the type of man to be intimate with me." She frowned for a split second. It hurt to admit that. However, she focused on Ed again and the frown faded. "You, on the other hand, not so much. It was... oh yes, it was very good. But next time, let's pick a more private location instead of on the floor of a bar, yeah?" she said with a smirk.

After she had finished buttoning his shirt, she went to fix his collar. It was excuse to keep touching him, but River rather would have been vaporized by daleks than to admit it. She spoke again, this time to remind him of his name that he seemed to lose in a moment of confusion. "By the way, Edward Kenway, don't forget that you're the bloody pirate who is witty, greedy, rude, and yet still a gentleman. You're not The Doctor; and you don't need to be him for me or anyone to like you. So hold onto Edward, not The Doctor. And if for some reason you can't... I will. Someone has to remind you. I'll remind you as much as it takes to keep you being... you...," she said, growing quieter towards the end. River averted her gaze. "That headache of yours bad better be from the hangover. If it isn't you know I'll be worried again. Even if you tell me not to be." She finally dropped her hands off his collar.
Edward continued to smile, feeling genuinely happy as River helped him buttoning his shirt up. The question she asked was a good one though, and he wasn't sure if even he knew the answer. He remembered having a pretty bad headache every time he woke up after a night of drinking, but this aching was different. It was worse, much worse than other times, like his head was about to implode and explode at the same time.

"Aye, Edward..." he repeated for himself. "Edward is my name. I am a pirate as well as all those things you've just named." He continued to think in silence for a while, trying to think of more things he should know about his life. Partly to prove to River that she really shouldn't be worried, and partly to prove to himself that he still existed. "My ship's name is The Jackdaw. My daughter's name is Jennifer. I was married to... to Caroline. But she's dead." After another short silence, he looked to River again with a hint of a smile. "I remember who I am, River, you mustn't worry. What we should worry about now, is trying to find a way out of this damned mess."

Although he was able to recall quite a few details from his own life, it felt more like he was describing the life and relatives of another person. One of the many, many people he'd met in his 1000 year long life, all of which he remembered. I'm one of those people. I'm not the Doctor. Am I? I remember meeting Edward. Maybe I am the Doctor. Maybe I've been the Doctor all along, and I just forgot...

Nick rubs at the back of his neck once again. "I, uh... no, I guess there's nothing left here. No way through, so we might as well head back."

"This place turned out to be really spooky," giggles Monokuma.

@The Pimp Tactician
@Verite
@Raven
@Gummi Bunnies
@BarrenThin
@Jeremi
Frank glowered at Monokuma again. He semed to be contemplating shooting him a second time. In reply to Nick, he started back towards the way that they came in.

Edward continued to smile, feeling genuinely happy as River helped him buttoning his shirt up. The question she asked was a good one though, and he wasn't sure if even he knew the answer. He remembered having a pretty bad headache every time he woke up after a night of drinking, but this aching was different. It was worse, much worse than other times, like his head was about to implode and explode at the same time.

"Aye, Edward..." he repeated for himself. "Edward is my name. I am a pirate as well as all those things you've just named." He continued to think in silence for a while, trying to think of more things he should know about his life. Partly to prove to River that she really shouldn't be worried, and partly to prove to himself that he still existed. "My ship's name is The Jackdaw. My daughter's name is Jennifer. I was married to... to Caroline. But she's dead." After another short silence, he looked to River again with a hint of a smile. "I remember who I am, River, you mustn't worry. What we should worry about now, is trying to find a way out of this damned mess."

Although he was able to recall quite a few details from his own life, it felt more like he was describing the life and relatives of another person. One of the many, many people he'd met in his 1000 year long life, all of which he remembered. I'm one of those people. I'm not the Doctor. Am I? I remember meeting Edward. Maybe I am the Doctor. Maybe I've been the Doctor all along, and I just forgot...
@Joellie

River kept her hands down at her sides and her eyes averted for a while when listening to Edward reply. Sure, he remembered all of those things about his life after a little verbal prompting, but did he believe them? She honestly wasn't so sure. To her, Ed sounded like he was rattling these facts out of a history book rather than telling her about his own life. River frowned and sat on her knees quietly for a moment without saying a single word. It took her a moment before she even realized her shirt was on backwards cause she was so sad now. :(( . She began to fix it once she realized what had happened.

"You'd better remember and stop smiling at me like this is some kind of joke," she said after a moment. "You could die if those memories screw your head up. Did you think it was funny when I died? I'd like to think not. If you put me through the same thing, I'll hit you with my shoe and give you a black eye this time," she grumbled. "Or, you know, we could erase your memories to save your life, but that isn't a great option either considering we'd need to part ways and forget the idea of traveling together." Obviously, he wasn't taking it seriously. River would have to do some digging around to see if she could fix him. Even if the memories wouldn't hurt him in the end, it was better safe than sorry. She grumbled, continuing to try and fix her shirt. It was a hard task to do while hungover. "But, I suppose getting out of this mess is important too. Because fixing you would be pointless if you die anyhow. We need to stop that freaking bear and find the traitors. Where's Cosmo?" she asked. "I know he's one of them, and I'm pretty sure he killed me." River still hadn't the faintest clue that Cosmo had been executed a little while ago...

Yo stirred, groaning. He ran his hand along his sides. He was unclothed as usual. No dagger, no weapon. He startled up, awake. He looked down on his chest. The dragon, binding him forever to the 108 Dragons ... was gone. Simply gone.

Was he free?

@Joellie

River kept her hands down at her sides and her eyes averted for a while when listening to Edward reply. Sure, he remembered all of those things about his life after a little verbal prompting, but did he believe them? She honestly wasn't so sure. To her, Ed sounded like he was rattling these facts out of a history book rather than telling her about his own life. River frowned and sat on her knees quietly for a moment without saying a single word. It took her a moment before she even realized her shirt was on backwards cause she was so sad now. :(( . She began to fix it once she realized what had happened.

"You'd better remember and stop smiling at me like this is some kind of joke," she said after a moment. "You could die if those memories screw your head up. Did you think it was funny when I died? I'd like to think not. If you put me through the same thing, I'll hit you with my shoe and give you a black eye this time," she grumbled. "Or, you know, we could erase your memories to save your life, but that isn't a great option either considering we'd need to part ways and forget the idea of traveling together." Obviously, he wasn't taking it seriously. River would have to do some digging around to see if she could fix him. Even if the memories wouldn't hurt him in the end, it was better safe than sorry. She grumbled, continuing to try and fix her shirt. It was a hard task to do while hungover. "But, I suppose getting out of this mess is important too. Because fixing you would be pointless if you die anyhow. We need to stop that freaking bear and find the traitors. Where's Cosmo?" she asked. "I know he's one of them, and I'm pretty sure he killed me." River still hadn't the faintest clue that Cosmo had been executed a little while ago...
Edward nodded while River spoke, and kept nodding until she was done. He was doing his best to keep his own memories, and keep in mind that he was in fact Edward Kenway, not the Doctor. However, he couldn't help but think of the possibility that he was actually the time lord. It was all so confusing, and Ed lost himself in his thoughts after a few seconds. He was looking at the ground right until River mentioned Cosmo. "That dog..." he said. He remembered seeing him on the screen of his ID, but he didn't remember what eventually happened to him.

"If I ever get my hands on that fucking sack of fleas, I'll rip his tail off and feed it to him." Both of Edward's eyes were burning with anger only thinking of the animal. Although he had absolutely no idea how he killed River, he was convinced that he did. The Monokuma bear creature wasn't exactly the friendliest or most trustworthy, but Ed couldn't remember him ever lying about anything. Now his thoughts were distracted by that bear. "... Why is this Monokuma doing all this? Kidnapping people and locking them inside a school to play a game with them... There has to be a reason behind it, why does he do it? Maybe there's a small child hiding inside him, a child that was bullied in school and only looks to play, so he puts living creatures like us in a doll house... No, no, he's too cruel to be a child, children don't decapitate people... Usually..." Edward continued rambling on in that very familiar way again.

Edward nodded while River spoke, and kept nodding until she was done. He was doing his best to keep his own memories, and keep in mind that he was in fact Edward Kenway, not the Doctor. However, he couldn't help but think of the possibility that he was actually the time lord. It was all so confusing, and Ed lost himself in his thoughts after a few seconds. He was looking at the ground right until River mentioned Cosmo. "That dog..." he said. He remembered seeing him on the screen of his ID, but he didn't remember what eventually happened to him.

"If I ever get my hands on that fucking sack of fleas, I'll rip his tail off and feed it to him." Both of Edward's eyes were burning with anger only thinking of the animal. Although he had absolutely no idea how he killed River, he was convinced that he did. The Monokuma bear creature wasn't exactly the friendliest or most trustworthy, but Ed couldn't remember him ever lying about anything. Now his thoughts were distracted by that bear. "... Why is this Monokuma doing all this? Kidnapping people and locking them inside a school to play a game with them... There has to be a reason behind it, why does he do it? Maybe there's a small child hiding inside him, a child that was bullied in school and only looks to play, so he puts living creatures like us in a doll house... No, no, he's too cruel to be a child, children don't decapitate people... Usually..." Edward continued rambling on in that very familiar way again.
@Joellie

"Oh, trust me, if I get my hands on him I'll personally kill him," River growled, equally as angry at Cosmo. "And more people have died recently too. I suspect Bayonetta. There were clues that pointed toward her when I was in the afterlife." She shook her head with frustration. There were so many things she needed to do. River wanted to find Yang so she could tell her that Ruby was all right and deliver a message to her, she wanted to kill Cosmo, she wanted to demand answers out of Bayonetta, she wanted to look for her sonic screwdriver and vortex manipulator, and most importantly she wanted to fix Edward. So much to do, so little time.

After being lost in thought for a moment, River realized Ed was rambling. She grabbed his lips to stop him and squeezed them playfully a couple times. "Oy, shut up. Don't ramble. You'll only burn up your bloody mind faster. Don't make me kiss you to shut you up." She paused for a moment. "No, you'd like that too much. I'll stuff a sock in your mouth," she said with a smirk before letting go of his lips. "Anyhow, we should probably find that Ratchet fellow--who was with us before--and then get to business. I say we first look for Cosmo, Bayonetta, Yang--I have a message for her--or Monokuma. Plus, I need to find my time travel machine and screwdriver so that we can escape eventually. And with my screwdriver, I can more properly analyze what is going on inside your mind. So... would you... come with me?"

Bayonetta was concentrating on winning the race when the two others came.

tumblr_mns3vlD30S1r61mabo1_250.gif

With the bats, she knew they meant to harm her.

"I'd love to teach those two a harsh lesson in manners," she thought to herself, "but I'd possibly lose the race. And Frank's zombrex."

She found a slope to jump her bike with and go airborne towards the finish.

tumblr_mns3vlD30S1r61mabo2_250.gif

"Let's see if you boys can fly" she taunted.

@Atomyk
The two bikers attempt the jump, but one slides off and ends up falling off the bridge entirely. The other manages to land correctly, with Hunter coming up slowly behind you both. "What the hell?!" he screams. "Stop her!"

With the end of the bridge-- the finish line-- looming closer, the single biker takes his hands off the wheel to aim a rifle at you. He fires not at you, but your bike!

@Mari

Yo stirred, groaning. He ran his hand along his sides. He was unclothed as usual. No dagger, no weapon. He startled up, awake. He looked down on his chest. The dragon, binding him forever to the 108 Dragons ... was gone. Simply gone.

Was he free?
As far as you can, you are free, but you hear voices off in the distance, and they are coming closer...

@Bubba Koji

As your makes their way back, you notice a gap in a series of crashed vehicles that you didn't see coming in from the other side. Movement can be heard from beyond.

@The Pimp Tactician
@Verite
@Raven
@Gummi Bunnies
@BarrenThin
@Jeremi

"Should we risk checking that hole? Seems there's something waiting for us beyond it," Robin quietly questioned, eyeing the gap waringly.

@Joellie

"Oh, trust me, if I get my hands on him I'll personally kill him," River growled, equally as angry at Cosmo. "And more people have died recently too. I suspect Bayonetta. There were clues that pointed toward her when I was in the afterlife." She shook her head with frustration. There were so many things she needed to do. River wanted to find Yang so she could tell her that Ruby was all right and deliver a message to her, she wanted to kill Cosmo, she wanted to demand answers out of Bayonetta, she wanted to look for her sonic screwdriver and vortex manipulator, and most importantly she wanted to fix Edward. So much to do, so little time.

After being lost in thought for a moment, River realized Ed was rambling. She grabbed his lips to stop him and squeezed them playfully a couple times. "Oy, shut up. Don't ramble. You'll only burn up your bloody mind faster. Don't make me kiss you to shut you up." She paused for a moment. "No, you'd like that too much. I'll stuff a sock in your mouth," she said with a smirk before letting go of his lips. "Anyhow, we should probably find that Ratchet fellow--who was with us before--and then get to business. I say we first look for Cosmo, Bayonetta, Yang--I have a message for her--or Monokuma. Plus, I need to find my time travel machine and screwdriver so that we can escape eventually. And with my screwdriver, I can more properly analyze what is going on inside your mind. So... would you... come with me?"
Monokuma appears next to you both, grinning. "No small child lives within me, don'tcha know? I'm nothing but wires and circuits, and I think you know what that means now, you smelly Captain!" He then turns to River, his head tilted to the side. "And shouldn't you be dead? That's against the rules! You shouldn't exist!"

@Joellie
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"Should we risk checking that hole? Seems there's something waiting for us beyond it," Robin quietly questioned, eyeing the gap waringly.
"We may as well," Kotomine simply and briefly answered, stepping forward and examining the gap as well, checking to see what was up now. His guard was up once again in response to the movement from beyond he heard.

@Atomyk and all others

"We may as well," Kotomine simply and briefly answered, stepping forward and examining the gap as well, checking to see what was up now. His guard was up once again in response to the movement from beyond he heard.

@Atomyk and all others
You see someone beyond the gap, though it's hard to see them clearly in the dim light. You can at least tell they aren't a zombie.

@Bubba Koji
@Verite

"Well, best we figure out who he is," slipping through the gap, Robin cautiously approached the man, "Hello there."

Monokuma appears next to you both, grinning. "No small child lives within me, don'tcha know? I'm nothing but wires and circuits, and I think you know what that means now, you smelly Captain!" He then turns to River, his head tilted to the side. "And shouldn't you be dead? That's against the rules! You shouldn't exist!"

@Joellie
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Joellie @Atomyk

River gasped when Monokuma appeared near them. "What the hell?! Are you always listening to everything we say? Butt out!" she huffed. "I don't know how I made it back, but it certainly wouldn't be any of your business if I did! What are you even trying to accomplish by harassing us?! I'd just like to collect my things and be on my way, thank you very much. Then I can be on my way and you can be on your way. You're bloody traitors have already killed me once and you've had your fun with me. I don't need to be in this place any longer."

Erika decided to watch them this time, seeing that they had found someone else here...

River gasped when Monokuma appeared near them. "What the hell?! Are you always listening to everything we say? Butt out!" she huffed. "I don't know how I made it back, but it certainly wouldn't be any of your business if I did! What are you even trying to accomplish by harassing us?! I'd just like to collect my things and be on my way, thank you very much. Then I can be on my way and you can be on your way. You're bloody traitors have already killed me once and you've had your fun with me. I don't need to be in this place any longer."
"Wouldn't that be nice?" asks Monokuma. "If only you could just leave. But that's not possible. You all were given a task, and none of you can leave until it is carried out." The bear hugs himself. "You simply should not be here, but that's okay, there's always some sort of tiny issue. Don't think you'll get your ID back, you filthy girl! No ID, no vote, no justice for you!"

@Joellie
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Wouldn't that be nice?" asks Monokuma. "If only you could just leave. But that's not possible. You all were given a task, and none of you can leave until it is carried out." The bear hugs himself. "You simply should not be here, but that's okay, there's always some sort of tiny issue. Don't think you'll get your ID back, you filthy girl! No ID, no vote, no justice for you!"

@Joellie
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Joellie @Atomyk

River rolled her eyes. "Well why didn't you just say that in the first place? If there's a task to complete in order for us to leave then just tell me what it is so I can get on that. I'm an adventurer of sorts and used to this sort of thing. All I need to know is what it is," she replied. She sighed when Monokuma told her she couldn't have her ID back. She didn't really care about that, she just wanted to get her personal belongings back. "All right, whatever. So I can't get my ID back. Is there a way I can at least get my personal belongings back? It's important to me that I do soon," she said, trying to be patient even when Monokuma seemed to continuously insult her and get on her nerves.

@Joellie @Atomyk

River rolled her eyes. "Well why didn't you just say that in the first place? If there's a task to complete in order for us to leave then just tell me what it is so I can get on that. I'm an adventurer of sorts and used to this sort of thing. All I need to know is what it is," she replied. She sighed when Monokuma told her she couldn't have her ID back. She didn't really care about that, she just wanted to get her personal belongings back. "All right, whatever. So I can't get my ID back. Is there a way I can at least get my personal belongings back? It's important to me that I do soon," she said, trying to be patient even when Monokuma seemed to continuously insult her and get on her nerves.
"Nuh uh." Monokuma shakes his head. "You've died, so you've lost that right! And besides, it's not your task any longer, girl that shouldn't exist!" He turns to Edward. "You, though... I've told you what the task is! You guys just need to actually think about it for a second!" He brings his paws to his grinning face. "If I wanted to kill you all, I could do that with just a snap of my stubby paws! If I wanted to torture you al, there's a much better way to go about it than all this, I'm sure you know that!"

"Oh, well. It's not my fault if you guys can't figure it out. It's only a matter of time, I hope!"

And so he's gone, as quick as he came.

@Joellie
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Nuh uh." Monokuma shakes his head. "You've died, so you've lost that right! And besides, it's not your task any longer, girl that shouldn't exist!" He turns to Edward. "You, though... I've told you what the task is! You guys just need to actually think about it for a second!" He brings his paws to his grinning face. "If I wanted to kill you all, I could do that with just a snap of my stubby paws! If I wanted to torture you al, there's a much better way to go about it than all this, I'm sure you know that!"

"Oh, well. It's not my fault if you guys can't figure it out. It's only a matter of time, I hope!"

And so he's gone, as quick as he came.

@Joellie
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Atomyk @Joellie

River scowled. "Oh, yeah, like dying was my fault! It wasn't! I was murdered! It wasn't as if I committed suicide or something of the like! You're punishing me for a reason that wasn't my fault. Your rules are idiotic and unfair!" she spat back. "Fine, don't tell me the task. I'll just ask one of the other survivors and find out. It isn't as if you can keep me from helping them." River ran a hand through her blonde hair and twirled a curl of it around one of her fingers while she thought for a moment. When Monokuma said he could kill them any time he wanted, it pissed River off even more. With a lack of weapons at her disposal like the last time she was angry, she took off her shoe and attempted to hit Monokuma with it. Sadly, the bear disappeared before she could even touch him. So to get out her frustrations, she beat the ground where he had been with her shoe. "Hell, if I'm going to be treated this way, at least let me get my screwdriver back! I need it for something very important! Give me back my flippin' screwdriver! If you've been listening, you know why I need it. I need it to help someone. Just give it back!" she cried, continuing to beat the floor with her shoe as she threw her mini tantrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.