Moon, Blood, and Wolf's Bane

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
[BG="#2F4F4F"][DASH="#66CCCC"]Alex's face beamed brightly as Natasha came over and said hello.

"Oh, bet...Natasha! I was lookin' for you! I...uh saw your boss and you talkin' earlier ya? Well I kinda...scared him a bit so he might give you your job back, if you want it that is..." He smiled feeling a bit awkward at his rash decision, but he was always one to jump to the defense of people he liked. He smiled warmly at her before turning back to look at Noel, someone he had met the night before while he was taking care of Natasha. He had mentioned Hawaii and Alex was about to comment on it before he remembered Natasha's wound.

With a worried expression he turned his head back to Natasha, "How is your shoulder? Did they catch that mountain lion? You okay?" He frowned, reaching out towards her shoulder to check the wound she had received. If last night were any indication she shouldn't have been up and about. Maybe this brand of fresh air was better then the salty ocean air he was used to breathing.[/BG][/DASH]

Natasha shrank back from Alex's touch, not wanting anything near her shoulder.... She looked up at him, apologetically, then sighed. The real reason she didn't want him to see was because her healing process had finally kicked in, and by now, the wound looked like a week or so had already passed. She didn't want to have to explain how she could heal so quickly (Still slow, compared to the others). Then she moved closer to the man, smiling.

"Sorry, it's still sore. But I'm fine.... I.... don't think they caught the mountain lion... well... honestly... I don't even know if it was a moutain lion... I don't really know much of the wildlife around here.... little ignorant... I guess." She hated lying. She hated it with a passion. But she hated humans finding out what they really were even more. It couldn't be helped. But.... in a different time and place... and maybe another lifetime, maybe she could have told him the truth....

She paused for a moment.... thinking about her job or... what was her job... what could be her job again...

"I'm... not sure... I mean... He.... my boss.... didn't really like the fact that I worked there... and I was getting tired of breaking at least one thing per day..." Natasha murmured quietly...her eyes traced back up to Alex and she gave a sheepish smile before chuckling.

"Infact.... I'm glad he fired me... I was... honestly upset with his manners" She laughed slightly, then looked away slightly.

"I apologize... that probably wasn't as funny as I thought it might be..."

Natasha smiled again, but found herself looking over at where Jason was, and a confused expression darkened her features for a moment. She then looked back at Alex and then sighed. "So what brought you to this town anyways? I don't really think we were able to talk much yesterday."

[bg=#2F4F2F][Dash=#43CD80]
[size=+1]Zack[/size]

Several Hours Later...

Zack was lying on his back inside the flatbed of his truck, with his legs hanging over the tailgate, and with a beer in hand... He'd been drinking heavily for the last two hours... he might have been better off pouring vodka into an IV, and slow dripped himself... Having parked next to Makava Lake, Zack was sure that no one would bother him... specially since it was so far out of the way, and not many were willing to walk so far off the trail at night.

"God Dammit Grace..." Zack whispered to himself, and took another drink of his beer, and flung the bottle backwards listening for the characteristic shatter as it hit the ground. Rubbing his face with both hands, Zack took a deep breath, and exhaled deeply. ~This shit is all fuckin' wrong... you weren't supposed to get pregnant... you weren't supposed to be gettin' your neck so far stretched out... now we're both on the chopping block if anyone really finds out.~

Sitting up, Zack took another beer from the dimishing case of MGD, and popped the top. ~What the fuck am I going to do? Spend every waking hour keeping an eye on you? You're going to hate me, Grace... you're going to hate me good n' plenty, but this... They need to think it's true... else we might be in real trouble...~ Taking a long drink, Zack leaned against the side of his truck, and closed his eyes a moment, while clenching his fist.

~Just who the hell is it though? Who can I use to help me spread this lie?~ "Someone... predictable, and unquestioned..." Zack murmured softly so only he could hear himself, and took another drink from his beer... His eyes slowly drifted across the lakes surface to the edge of the woods, and his left hand slid along the bottom of the truck bed until it rested behind him... against the handle of his knife. "Get the fuck out of the woods, and stop spying on me." He called out in the direction he'd felt eyes on him.
[/dash]
[/bg]

DURING THE DAY...
Everything at the Hippo was pretty average compared to the 'drama' of yesterday. Saraliya helped Remmi learn the ropes of working as a waitress - whether Noel or "Harry" wanted her working there or not. Sara might not of trusted Clay and his band of weregoons, but Remmi was a lost wolf needing the safety of the pack.

As for everyone else they did those things they do. Half the town always ended up at the Hippo at some point. One would think they had better things to do.

EVENING, AN HOUR BEFORE DUSK

Grace's truck pulled up on the gravel driveway next to Charlie's trailer. The woman's vehicle wasn't anywhere to be scene, but Charlie shouldn't of been able to drive off anywhere on her own. Grace hopped out, rocks crunching under her feet as she walked.

She knocked on the door... but it swung slightly ajar when he knuckles hit the wood.

"Charlie...?" Grace's voice called out cautiously. The door might have been left open to get some air, but it was late in the season to be hot. Pushing the door open with a finger, Grace stepped inside.

Everything was a mess. Dishes, clothes, papers... stuff was laying all over the place. Some of the furniture was broken and cabinet doors knocked off their hinges.

"Charlie!" Concerned, she moved stuff out of the was as she searched the trailer. There wasn't a sign of Charlie, but here and there looked almost like spots of blood. Grace was pulling out her cellphone and dialing Charlie's number again. There had to be an explanation...right? If not, she was going to have the cops here so fast.

Makava Lake

"Get the fuck out of the woods, and stop spying on me."

"I'm not spying, asshole. I wanted to talk to you."

Sara stepped out of the woods, her hair looking wild. Though she wasn't wearing any shoes, her clothes looked like they had just been chewed on by a dog. ..In truth they had. If you wanted a good romp through the forest, you didn't want to leave your clothes lying around somewhere to get stolen.

Stopping by the water's edge, she stretched her arms over her head. "I'm hearing one hell of a nasty rumor, Zack. About your little human meat-toy. We've always had a fair agreement about stuff, but if you're doing something that could get my pack killed..." she let the sentence trail off.

"Did you get a human pregnant? Seriously..?"

[size=-2]
After what Grace had said, Marette had felt somehow crushed inside. The overwhelming weight of no one liking her pressed on her chest and she was brought back to high school where the other girls had teased her for her fine, white-blond hair among other things. Now, Marette couldn't even figure out why everyone here hated her so much.

The day had worn by with Marette sitting at the table in her apartment. Sullenly, she left, sobered and even more miserable than before, to take her usual walk around the fountain and a path leading into the woods. Solitude was nice, but not when it was all you had. She could feel the old bitterness welling up toward Grace and all the others. They had someone, or they had thought so. It's so easy to make life hell for other people when you know you'll not be alone at the end of it... With a sigh, Marette continued down the path through the forest, the soothing sounds calming her. So as not to disturb any of the creatures, Marette slipped off her shoes and padded over the dirt in her bare feet making hardly a sound anymore. The lake was a little ahead, so beautiful in the dark... Marette felt her spirits lift as she neared it.
[/size]

Natasha and Alex had talked for a small while before Natasha finally decided that it had been long enough, and that she and Jason had to talk. She excused herself from Alex's company with a smile, having enjoying talking to the man, then made her way over to the bar, her head lowered slightly, her eyes peering up from under her brows. She looked up at Jason, a lump was forming in her throat as she tried to figure out how to go about this. She wanted to talk to him about Grace's behavior, she wanted to talk to him about..... wait.... who was....

"Oh not YOU!" Natasha didn't know why she said it out loud, probably because she wasn't too happy to see Rion. He may have been the son of their deceased Alpha, but he had never seemed to rub Natasha the right way, and the wolf was not in need of more surprises today. She sighed, and mustered up her best attitude and tried to smile and say something to explain or counteract what she had just proclaimed..... and her frustration with everything that had happened was leaking into it, making it more of a threatening, maniacal grin.

"I do apologize, Rion, you just seem to know how to piss me off by just looking at you, without even trying." Anger. Anger. Anger. Control it. Don't let it control you. Keep it in check. Don't say something stupi- "I'd hoped that I'd never see you again, you arrogant-" Natasha stopped, took a breath and then exhaled calmly.

"You're not worth getting angry over compared to everything else." She muttered quietly before turning to Jason, smiling as if she hadn't even noticed Rion. Just ignore him, your frustration has got you in enough trouble, anger's never a solution. Stop balling up your fists, calm down, and let it go. Take deep breaths.

Countless ideas filled her head with how to make her calm, but none of it was working until she looked up at Jason. She was seriously starting to get confused by this. Why was she blushing again? What the hell was going on? She didn't understand it at all, but pushed the feelings aside and took another deep breath.

"You're right, I probably shouldn't have visited Grace.... But she seems ok for the most part.... But.... I uhhhh, accidentally broke her door..... I offered to fix it! Don't get me wrong! But I mean..... I think if I had stayed a moment longer, she would have shot me.... again." The last word was a whisper, her eyes downcast for a moment before she shook out of it and smiled up at Jason. "Have any of those guys from last night showed up again?" Again, more of a whisper. Honestly, she was afraid of the one who had seemed to be sizing Zack up the night before. She had NOT liked the look in that one's eyes. Not one bit.

[BG="#2F4F4F"][DASH="#66CCCC"]Alex and Natasha talked for a while until she had to go deal with some other things. He really liked the girl but he felt that they hadn't really discussed anything important. He had found himself sitting alone once again after Natasha left so he quickly sought to meet some others. After a while he mustered up the courage to talk to someone new, a nice girl who seemed to also be new in town. He stepped over to her and thrust out his hand.

"Hey, you must be new in town like me. I'm Alex Chambers." He smiled warmly to the woman, "And you are?"[/dash]
[/bg]

When Natasha approached the bar, Jason looked up at her and started to get a soft smile on his lips without even realizing it. Likely it was from the fact that if she were here in one piece everything at Grace's had gone alright. Or at the very least no one had gotten shot again. Ever since she had left to apologize for the last night it had made him feel rightfully worried for the girl's safety. For some reason the bartender felt in down in his bones that the young lady was walking over just for him. And for some reason. . . that mattered enough to keep looking right at her with a puppy dog eye while forgetting about everyone else present.

Until she made him remember the minor detail that Rion had come back into town.

"Natasha!"

Jason said her name in that very specific way that condensed an entire sentence of shocked and displeased feelings into one word. Never had it occurred to him today that she disliked Rion so much. Why hadn't he mentioned the return of their former Alpha's son earlier? Then again it had been YEARS since the guy had shown his face to anyone in the pack. So why would he keep track of every single memory from Rion and Natsdha's past together? Especially after all the other events which had taken place last night to distract him from focusing on just ONE of the new situations unfolding and the consequences that would result.

He shot Rion a quick look that tried to say with one eye that he'd try keep her from acting like that again. It seemed that neither of the sisters liked the son of their deceased Alpha very much nor did they want anything to do with the Werewolf. Abandoning the pack was not the best way to make or even keep friends. Let alone for an extended period of time. But Jason didn't look at it quite the same way the others all likely did. Noel might have shared similar feelings given how laid back the old guy was toward just about everything.

Would it have been so easy to find them if the pack had gone too Hawaii?

"Oh geez Natasha I told you not to go. A pregnant lady in her situation isn't the best person to go visiting. How did you manage to break the door? Was it stuck and old but you pulled too hard? Or the hinges already loose? That thing was probably old anyway. . ."

Quite obviously his opinion hadn't changed.

". . . But no I haven't seen the guys from last night again since they left. I don't know what they're up to but the Sheriff will probably keep an eye on them. Their vibe doesn't exactly scream girl scout troupe. Hopefully the whole group just moved on to the next town. Even though we'd make a fortune at the bar with all the booze they drink."

And their scent doesn't exactly say they're human either.

"Maybe you could break them on accident too."

The soft smile on his lips turned into a wolfish smirk at his own little joke meant to make her giggle.

Natasha had looked up at Jason as he had admonished her, an innocent, bewildered look, that spoke nothing but the fact that she had already finished what she was going to say, the matter was over with and she had just really wanted to talk to him. Then as he started responding to how she had broken the door, a blush crept along her cheeks, suddenly feeling very silly for her actions, giving a sheepish smile.

"I.... uhh.... rammed it... because.... well... I guess I wasn't thinking....." Natasha confessed, then bit her lip as she continued. "She didn't respond to my knocking or calling.... and the entire place was quiet.... and.... well.... ummm.... " She trailed off, her eyes focused on Jason's, not wanting to see a look of dismay or disappointment on his face. She hated that look, and had been given it far too much in her life already.... besides, she liked when Jason smiled, it made her happy.

When he answered her question about the odd visitors, she smiled and then laughed slightly, covering her mouth and cheeks with her hand, trying to ward off the blush that was burning through her cheeks. He had always been like that for her, he always found a way to make her smile and to make her blush. She had always thought of him as someone very close to her he had always been looking out for her and she always needed and owed him for that. Her thoughts started to blur around the edges as she remembered a few moments she had shared with the other wolf when they were younger, all those talks.... the constant support... the way he laughed....

She then turned to Jason full on, and was suddenly reminded of reality when she saw Jason's eyepatch and a small smile that had been forming was quickly dashed away as she searched for other things to say, but couldn't seem to focus on anything other than the way things used to be, how much fun and ease things were..... then she remembered seeing Jason.... after that horrid fight..... She remembered wailing about the lose of a leader and the the fact that she could have lost her friend too.... She remembered how frightened she was for a time. Then remembered more recently as Jason and her had talked mindlessly about things that honestly didn't matter, in a place that didn't know what they were.

The memories fled as she suddenly grabbed Jason's hand, her eyes sought his and smiled brightly, then said words she thought she never would. But had no idea how to lead up to it....

"Jason.... I think.... I need you to help me with something, if it isn't too much trouble... You're the only one I can think of to ask.... and I hate to bother you... but....ummm... can we talk?" Natasha looked up innocently at Jason before sliding a hand into her top to scratch at the stitches on her shoulder. It was no more than a dull ache and tender to the touch, but oh dear lord how they ITCHED. The only spot of luck was being in her human form, had she been in her other form, she would have made use of her hind legs and itched the stitches right off...

"It would just be a moment.... I think..." She trailed off again as she forced herself to stop scratching at the healing injury.

[bg=#2F4F2F][Dash=#43CD80]
[size=+1]Zack[/size]

"How many years has it been since I hooked up with this clan? Three - four years? And all that time I've stuck my neck out, and cleaned up after everyone here, and kept an eye on everyone coming, and going... and not a fucking one of you trusts me." Zack said finishing his beer, and then threw it across the lake's shoreline. "I'm starting to wish I'd have just said fuck it, and took a handful of your friends with me to hell instead of taking another chance on life."

Taking another beer out of the cooler, it was obvious that he was starting to get drunk... and that was very rare for Zack. "All day, every fuckin' day it's 'That Zack's a problem' or 'Zack's a loose cannon', but not a fucking time have I ever not handled it, and here you all are biting into gossip from a bunch of fuckin' rednecks, and farmer bumpkins. I don't have a fuckin' thing to say or to prove to you people anymore."

Taking another heavy drinki, Zack slid off the tailgate of his truck onto steady feet, and took a few steps towards Sara in a non threatening manner "But what I will say... is I ain't the kind to cause no trouble that can't be fixed ya hear? That kid ain't mine."

[/dash]
[/bg]

As Natasha explained how Grace's door got broken a soft laugh sounded in his throat and still audible despite a closed mouth muffling it. The story sounded exactly like something from their childhood. Her blush managed to somehow relax him and bring a kind smile onto his lips that always found it's way there when Natasha was happy. Perhaps that could have been one of the first reasons he wanted to protect her back as a 'young pup'. Never had he asked her for anything in return. Rewarding the young wolf with some smile or blush likely had a place somewhere in the motivation to stick up for Natasha or at least comfort her when it was needed.

But when she suddenly grabbed his hand it also caught his attention completely as the lone eye looked directly into hers. Did she understand at all her effect on him? Luckily Natasha was not the type to manipulate another person for their own agenda with the way her simple actions could turn the Bartender so docile. On top of it all came a smile bright as the full moon to the Bartender that penetrated his exterior even further with the warmth it granted. Even though no blush came to his cheeks, the heart in his chest certainly picked up the pace a touch. Just to get another chance to help her made Jason feel happy. The days he felt useless were the worst ones and that melancholy feeling often consumed him whenever the memory of the night The Hunter came popped up.

"Well. . . if it won't take too long I suppose I could."

Jason's voice sounded rather smooth at that moment as there was not much of the daily stress or worry in it at all. Even if it would only last for that sentence given his usual nature, the change was nice. But where was she going to take him now? Did it even matter to the Bartender what she wanted? Probably not.

Natasha smiled again at Jason before giggling and waiting for him to come with her outside of the bar. Why in the fuckin hell was she suddenly so giddy? She didn't understand... But somehow, that didn't matter.

She led him a little ways away from the bar, just trying to gain some space... Her eyes wandered the ground as she walked and would flick backwards towards Jason every now and then. When she stopped she smiled again, though her eyes were darting around slightly, nervous, unsure. Words were floating around in her head that she had no idea how to ask, questions formed that she'd never figure out how to mention. She didn't know who else to go to.... Sara would probably laugh at her.... Zack might have been a help, but he still scared her a little, and she was afraid of how he might have responded. Noel didn't seem particularly fit to answer her.... Rion.... well, he could just got find the same hunter than offed his- calm.....

Just.... no one seemed right to ask.... but she could trust him, right?

She turned to Jason, her lower lip caught between her teeth, she was chewing thoughtfully, trying to think of how to pose the question she wanted to ask. They were alone now.... to her knowledge at least... She needed to ask this before she lost her nerve. God, she was so jittery now, and she kept shifting from one foot to the other. She looked up at Jason and suddenly a lump was forming in her throat. She gulped and took a deep breath. Her eyes wandered the ground again for a moment before she took another gulp, then nodded slightly to herself.

"Jason..... I don't.... ummm.... I don't know who else to go to..... and....." Why was it so hard to speak? She mentally kicked herself and tried to at least finish what she started. She shifted her weight back onto her left leg, then brought her arms in front of herself, rubbing one hand with the other, nervous habits were exploding from the woodwork as she fought to start speaking again.

"I don't think anyone else can give me an answer but you.... I just.... need to know something...." Her voice had gotten so quiet.... and she was trembling now... She really was pathetically nervous. But then thought of how Sarah my react if she went to her instead. Oh gosh, she'd laugh for days and never give an answer.... and Natasha would never know. She had to ask Jason herself. She couldn't ask anyone else.

"Ja.....Jason.... I need to know something.... It's kinda important.... I mean.... after all these years... it never really came up until....." Her eyes lowered slightly, her teeth closing back on that tortured lip before she looked back up at Jason and fought to continue.

" I need to know this..... It's important to me..... Jason.... do you..... ummm...would you...." She gulped again. Natasha fidgeted more. Her eyes wandered again, a blush rose to her cheeks. She had to ask. She had to know. Say it.

"Would you help me learn how to fight?" She looked up at him innocently, her eyes curious, hoping not to be shot down. Who else could she go to? She SUCKED as a fighter, and it could have saved her from the whole episode last night, had she known anything at all about defense and attack and not just relying on instinct.

Once she had gotten him away from the others, Jason wasn't particularly sure just what she had wanted help with as the girl worked up her courage. Even though Natasha was older than him. . . she certainly acted younger than him sometimes. Not that he ever seemed to complain about it or anything. But it was still one more thing setting the female apart from that feisty sister of hers. Frankly the Bartender enjoyed being around the older sister much more than the younger one. It had gotten even more that way since the Hunter had attacked. Up until last night when Saraliya had squirted Rion with the booze. . . no one had really seen hide nor hair of his more aggressive side.

Most of the clan likely thought he'd lost his edge.

But not Natasha apparently.

"I. . .um. . ."

For reasons he could not understand, some part of the Werewolf's instincts felt some question of an entirely different nature was going to come out of her mouth. Due to those very feelings a blush had been on the verge of peeking out from sheer expectation. Natasha had managed to make HIM start to feel as nervous as she looked! After all it wasn't a very awkward question in the end. Odd, sure. If it weren't for recent events Jason would wonder why in the hell she would ask a question like that. Violence never really seemed to be in her nature beyond hunting down food in the wild. But somehow that felt as though it fell under a different category.

I guess last night really got to her. . .

"Erm, I could when I'm not working I suppose. Not sure if I'll be an awesome teacher though. . . after all I'm still healing from the last scrap I was in. . . shows how much I know. . ."

Jason didn't seem terribly excited about it at all from the tone of his voice. A number of reasons could have been behind it given the Bartender's past with fighting. One of the reasons might have been that while growing up Natasha's lack of fighting skills allowed him easy motivation to defend her. Some part of him really enjoyed fighting back then if it was to protect her from others. Plus if she ever got drunk again, would she an even more frightening threat to a human? But then again if he weren't around it should be nice to know she wasn't going to be completely helpless against a threat.

Yet above all the others. . . it would certainly bring back the memories of the last night he had really TRIED to fight anything. Last night with how he stood up to Saraliya only showed a hint at the wolf he once was before the incident. Now part of him wondered if it still lurked somewhere down inside. Then again he WAS a Werewolf. Right? A beast that humans made horror films about as a terrifying force of both nature and the supernatural. Deep down a vicious killer always existed just looking for the chance to be unleashed into the wild and run free.

Remmi smiled up at Alex as she was cleaning up a table. " I'm Remmi. I'm pretty new in town." Remmi cleaned her hands off on her apron before offering it out to Alex. "It seems nice enough. How long have you been here? What do you think of the town-folk?" Her heart was pounding again as her mouth kept vomiting stupid questions on the poor man who probably thought that she was crazy and about to ask him for something stupid like, a/s/l as she probably sounded like a mad woman going and going an-STOP! Remmi blushed at her rambling inside and out and looked down at the floor "Sorry" she mumbled. "H-how is your day?" She stuttered in her embarrassment. "Is there anything I can get for you, Alex?" Her tone was more quiet and slightly wavering as she bit her lip to try and not seem so much more foolish.

[BG="#2F4F4F"][DASH="#66CCCC"]Alex chuckled as Remmi spat out a bunch of questions rapid fire. He appreciated her enthusiasm. He stepped back and let her clean, lifting napkin holders and other things for her to clean underneath.

"No, don't apologize, it's fine really! It's pretty nice here, but it's not home ya? Hardly any rockets to be seen. I just got here a few days ago though, came from Hawaii ya? The townsfolk are real interesting though, some of them are a bit violent and dislike the wild wolves around here..." He shrugged as he smiled at Remmi. "And no, there's nothing I really need right now but maybe you and I could tour the town together sometime? It'd be a lot nicer to have a friend who I can learn the town with." He flashed a smile, following her around a bit.
[/DASH][/BG]

Remmi smiled at how he asked ya at the end of somethings that weren't even questions. She murmured a few thank yous as he would lift things so that she could clean. "I just got here this morning. I haven't really met any true violent types, mostly just some sizing up their male ego's really." Remmi shrugged as her head tilted a bit. " I think that most people are afraid of most things wild. They are unpredictable and you just don't know what they are capable of. I don't think that you should really worry about wolves unless you do something stupid." Remmi grinned at her little joke figuring that Alex had no idea. Alex seemed nice and for a human he was pretty cute, breakable but cute.

"I'm afraid I only know how to get here. I don't even know how to get to where I'm staying." Chuckling nervously Remmi continued, "How much of the town do you know? I don't think that we could get lost but I don't really want to walk somewhere thats not a really good idea." Remmi bit her lip. She just wasn't sure how territorial these wolves were and if all would welcome her like Sara had. She didn't even know if they were ok with her just working at the bar. So far Jason, well she thinks his name is Jason, hadn't said that it was not ok for her to work in his bar. She also didn't want to step on anybodys paws.

Natasha smiled up at Jason, a full, toothy, happy smile as she interpreted the answer as "yes". She hadn't truly expected to really hear him come even close to saying yes, due to his last... battle. She stopped her thoughts there, wanting to keep happy... wanting to smile more. Jason probably didn't even realize how happy he made her... Without thinking, she jolted forward, snapping Jason into a tight hug, wrapping her arms around him, her fingers slightly pressing into his skin, her body entirely pressed against him, which suddenly took an odd turn when she looked up at him, still in her joyful state when she suddenly paused... She froze....

Her face was was a few inches away from his... and for some reason she felt something inside of her, reacting...

A blush eclipsed her features before she turned her face away from his, biting her lip. New thoughts were suddenly making themselves known in her head, and she suddenly couldn't shake the feeling that there was a reason why she depended on Jason so much, why she always went to him before others.... Her eyes darted up to his single one, gulping, trembling, just slightly, but because of how she had hugged him, he could probably tell. She tried to cover it up by leaning her head against his shoulder, then suddenly it felt like she was doing something slightly too intimate for the moment.... What the hell WAS the right thing to do?

She then moved her head away, her face felt flushed as she looked back up at Jason with a pair of questioning, uncertain eyes. It suddenly flashed through her head that due to the fact of what they were, and how there were still some hunters in the world most likely, her thoughts suddenly spiraled downwards, scared as she realized, what if Jason tried to save someone again? What if he didn't just loose an eye.... She gulped again, a lump forming in her throat again...

If she knew how to fight, would that change anything at all? If she was with him if there was trouble....

Why....

Why was she thinking like this? Why had she felt that she should have asked a different question, or that there was something else she needed to say?

What the hell was going on in her head? She kept looking up at Jason and suddenly glanced at his lips... and then pieces fell where they should and it all came together. Realization exploded through her mind as her eyes widened for a moment, then she furiously resumed chewing on her lip, leaning against Jason again.

This hug was lasting too long... she should let go... she should give him some space, thank him for saying that he'll help her... Words suddenly came out of her mouth, slightly stuttering. She wished she could have taken them back and thought of a better way to phrase it, or to have not said it, or saved it for a later time. Not right when she had just....noticed it...

"I-I think I l-love you...." Her voice had gotten so quiet....

She started trembling again, her hands twitched on Jason's back, frozen in this embrace that she had initiated. Her mouth was still held open slightly, twitching, like she was trying to figure out what to say next. She didn't know what to do, and she didn't know what to say. She suddenly let go of him, her arms falling limply to her sides as she looked up at him, her mouth shut, finally, and her lower lip held between her teeth as she breathed quickly through her nose. Her chest was heaving, she suddenly felt like she had been running for miles ... Her eyes looked up at his again and she gulped again....

What now?

Despite his answer she'd smiled anyway.

In spite of how little he understood about how happy she was to hear even those not-so-inspiring words come out, it still brought out a sense of satisfaction in that once again he was useful. A smile alone from the young woman served to reward him in some small way. He would have never openly asked her for anything more than that. Even though there were a few lingering doubts about how good an idea this was to carry out they were washed away soon enough from the Were's mind.

Without warning she had rushed forward, snapping him into a tight hug that while it was welcomed without resistance, felt different than others before it. Every curve belonging to the front of her body pressed up against his body so intensely as fingertips followed, pressing into the muscles of his back. Somehow even the embrace when she had first seen him with the missing eye did not quite match the different sensations the effect of her touch wrought. Unsure of what he was feeling, the lone eye looked down at her just as two eyes came up to meet his only to find. . .

. . . Just how close they had become.

As her face turned away in a blush, redness rose onto his cheeks while just about every thought process inside went haywire. Everything logical had tried to say at once that it was just an awkward accident. But a force outside the brain made everything melt with a haze foreign to that brain. It was warm but fiery, coursing with the feelings of a heart beating faster and faster. Fight or flight reflexes had no place in this sensation. Was it nerves or something else?

But when Natasha's head rested on his shoulder, Jason's hands slowly tried to rise up so they could press into her back but never managed to make it anywhere onto her. The Bartender's body felt dumbfounded as to how it should react to the feelings burning to come out. On the outside only the young man's facial expression seemed to show recognition of what was happening right now while she glanced at his lips. And in the moment her eyes widened, all pieces grew closer for him.

Years of wanting to always be there had now led to being here. . . and to hear the words she said so quietly.

Ones that finally made sense of the feelings roaring inside him now.

". . . I . . ."

Before Jason could get a real grip on everything, the instincts of his heart and that other side within acted out. Normally the Bartender held such a great command over every performed physical action with impressive self-awareness. Except for this situation, where defenses were breached in a way he had not learned to control. Suddenly an arm was around her waist, moving just enough seconds later for his hand to press against the small of her back. His breathing had gotten faster then slower with the passing moments while not even acknowledging time or anything else but Natasha. Another hand ran through Natasha's hair in a way that was both soothing. . . and electrifying. The blush had yet to leave his cheeks yet it did not remain out of any sort of awkwardness. A lone eye was looking directly at her and saying everything that the expression on his face made it clear that Jason was trying to find the words for at the moment.

The last thing his fuzzy mind remembered was his face inching toward hers before the lone eye closed. . . .

Natasha was quiet as she felt Jason's touch, she held still as he moved her hair, she was gazing into that one eye, like the very window to the other werewolf's soul. Everywhere he touched, the arm that had wound itself around her, The other hand the just barely grazed her cheek as he brushed her hair away from her face, it seemed to react, making her blush and look away for moments. Then she watched as he started moving towards her.

She raised one hand and cupped his cheek, then moved it back, her fingers winding in his hair as her other hand gently applied itself to Jason's shoulder as she moved towards him, her eyes open until their lips met, then they shut tightly, and she focused on what was going through her head and how her body was reacting to Jason.

His lips seemed so soft as they melded with hers, and she felt flushed slightly as their lips pressed together, and she tasted him as she shyly kept kissing back. Her body felt so hot all of a sudden, and she felt as though her knees had turned to jelly, and in response, she clung to Jason even fiercer. Her body twitched and writhed in his arms, unable to keep still. Something inside her was all fired up. Something at the pit of her stomach.

It felt nice.... But why did she feel like she was getting addicted.... why couldn't she seem to stop?

Natasha broke off the kiss after a good while, bringing one hand over to cup Jason's cheek, looking him in the eye as she smiled sheepishly, then nuzzled him slightly before re-initiating the kiss, her heart was racing, her chest was heaving, her body pressed up against his instinctively in ways she couldn't understand. All she knew was that she had feelings for the bartender, and she was unsure of how to proceed. Only that she didn't want to stop. She broke it off again, nuzzling him more, wanting more, needing more.

"Jason..." Her voice had become a hoarse, breathless whisper caressing his ear with her warm breath.

[bg=#1a1a1a]
"When did you ever give a shit about what anyone thinks." Sara responded. Even without a wolf's senses, the smell of alcohol was really strong. He must of been out here drinking awhile.

"I know what all you assholes say about me. What matters is the truth." she walked past him, heading towards the cooler. "And the safety of the pack." The last phrase was a not so subtle reminder. Clear across her face was the doubt and the suspicion. Sara didn't bother to hide it. Leaning over, she stole one of the beers out of his cooler and popped it open.

After a sip, she was reguarding him again with another stare. "I don't like your human, that's no surprise. But she doesn't seem like a cheater. Trying to convince everyone she is... is just..." Her words hesitated as she scowled down at the beer in her hand. Sara turned her back to him as she leaned against his truck and chugged down the beer as fast as she could. They were ALL in deep shit because of this.

"I want to do what's best for the pack. ...you are part of my pack. Even if you're a stupidass fuckup. No one is gonna believe it's not yours... Not unless you do something to make them."
[/bg]