Moon, Blood, and Wolf's Bane

[bg=#2F4F2F][Dash=#43CD80]
[size=+1]Zack[/size]

"Zack, I'm pregnant."

Those three words hit Zack like a ton of bricks. For him it brough him both happiness, and fear. On one hand he wanted to jump up, and down, pull grace close, and spin around with her in his arms, and on the other hand... he wanted to scream, and yell at her for something that she had no control over, and wasn't completely responisble for in order to scare her away, and get her out of his life, and out of what could get them both killed... for the moment..... and so he did.

"You're WHAT!? What the fuck!" He yelled standing up clenching his fists so tightly that his knuckles turned bone white. "How the fuck did this happen?... Oh fuck no... OH FUCK NO!" He turned around and rubbed his face with his hands, and turned around once more to look straight down at her. "I fucking knew it! You were cheating on me weren't you! WHAT THE FUCK IS HIS NAME, BITCH!? TELL ME THE FUCKER'S NAME!" He yelled at the top of his lungs, and turned around again only to walk a few steps, and turn back.

"It was that Salvadorian wasn't it? Got tired of Cajun, so you went out for Mexican!"

[/dash]
[/bg]

Rion

Rion watched the wolf gather all of her things as he stood next to his motorcycle. "You don't have a Pack of your own do you?" He nodded to her equipment. "You have enough weapons there to take down an army--or be taken down." He was one for subtlety unless a wolf couldn't help it, blending in so humans wouldn't take second note of him. "So what brings you to Raymond?"

Noel

It was going to be another busy day for the Howling Hippo! Once everyone had gone, he had returned and done Harry's paperwork. He'd narrowly missed Rion and so didn't know Larrow's boy was back yet. He'd taken a thorough shower, last night's clothes were in the washing machine, and he'd made sure to take care of any evidence marked by anyone's scent but his own. That included blood. Now he was shopping in the local grocery store for breakfast!

"Morning, Hallie!" he greeted the plump human standing behind the counter, carrying along his basket full of food. Many a time had he imagined how many ways he could cook her for supper, bast her in orange sauce or just stuff an apple into her mouth. Like all things pertaining to Noel, it didn't have an ounce of seriousness. It was something he thought of to pass the time and bring a smile to his face. Those were the days when one could eat a human and not bother with pleasantries.

"Why hey there, Noel." Hallie winked at him. Her curly brown locks were beginning to gray and her dark brown eyes sparkled. She was the co-owner of the local grocery store, along with her husband whom Noel knew owned a hefty rifle. Nice guy for someone who could blow a hole the size of a baseball into your gut. "Did ya hear the news?" she asked, voice low as she rang up his groceries.

Noel blinked, innocent as always. "You gonna leave your husband and run away with me?" he asked, clearly teasing.

Hallie let out a laugh that sounded more like a schoolgirl giggle. "Oh you ...!" She regained her composure and leaned forward. "It's Grace, honey ... She's pregnant with Zack's child."

Noel gave her a grin. "Is that so? Well, congrats to the fellow and to the mother to be!" He wore that grin until he'd paid for his groceries and left the store, on his way back to the Howling Hippo. Enjoy it while you can, Zack. You just sealed all three of your fates ...

Meanwhile a truck had pulled up to the town inn. Two people got out, one was a man wearing a cast on his left leg and wielding crutches. Dirty blonde hair and dark blue eyes, wearing jeans and a t-shirt. The other was a woman also in jeans and a t-shirt with long black hair and dark brown eyes. "You sure this is the place, Millie?" the man asked.

"Of course, I am. Have I ever steered you wrong?" Millie replied with a smile and a wink.

Remmi put her hand down and bit her lower lip as he asked about her pack. "No, i don't. They.. the're gone." There was a sad set to her eyes and facial expression, but it was quickly replaced with a resolve of steel. "But it wont stop me and I'm going to live the best life I can. I'm protecting what needs to be protected because that's what we do." She smiled taking the small picture of her pack out of her pocket her expression was soft and full of love as she looked at it. "I'm done running from what I no longer have. I've decided to stay and live for what I do or will have someday. I paid a price for running that I'm not willing to pay again.."

Her cheeks flushed as she looked back up at him "I'm sorry, you are just the first I've run into.." she started stumbling with her words as her cheeks a deep red with the embarrassment of over sharing with him. She put her picture away hastily and looked at his boots while she bit her lip and apologized to him again.

Rion

Rion watched and listened to Remmi. He rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry. Name's Rion." He offered her his helmet instead. "I think this will fit you. You can wear it." When she took it, he turned and got on his motorcycle. He cocked his head. "Come on." He waited for her to get behind him and turned slightly. "Here. You want to hold on tightly. Just do as I do. Keep your feet up and lean if I lean." He waited until she had her hands clasped around his waist, then he started the motorcycle and looked around. No traffic and no danger yet. He rode back for Raymond.

[bg=#201812]
Grace felt like she was just blind-sided by a truck. Staring at him, dumbfounded and surprised, it was several moments before she shook her head and stood up also.

"Excuse me? Are you fucking crazy?" Her voice hadn't risen yet, and she was still trying to decide if this were some sort of sick joke. Yeah, she can see a man not being happy about an accidental pregnancy but accusing her of cheating? He fucking knew she'd never cheat! Grace never cheated on someone in her life!

"You're right! I got bored and lonely while you were out working and fucked a Mexican! That is EXACTLY what happened!" Shouting sarcasm wasn't going to help, but Grace was at a loss of how to respond. She sure as hell wasn't the sort of girl that was going to start whimpering and crying.

"Seriously, Zack, what the hell is your problem? This KID is happening!"
[/bg]

[bg=#1a1a1a]
At the Hippo, Sara was just sneaking in to get herself a round of free breakfast. And why not? She worked here for peanuts, might as well get fed for free. She was able to talk to Natasha last night and find out what happened. Though she gave Natasha a brief lecture about jumping on people's cows, Sara had silently cheered her sister on. It was pretty ballsy and that human got a bite that she rightly deserved. When Zack found out, though, Natasha was going to be in deep shit. She wasn't sure how she'd bail her sister out of that one... then there was the slight problem of telling Noel thank you for taking care of her sister. She hated having to thank people.

Sara dragged out some left over steak from last night's meals and slicing up some pieces for her breakfast. Her shift wasn't going to start for hours, but there really wasn't any interesting places to hang around in the town. The Hippo was a redneck haven, but it was entertaining.
[/bg]

Remmi smiled at Rion, What an interesting person she thought. Taking the offered helmet she thought that it was an odd notion considering what they were yet there was still something sweet and thoughtful about this strong silent type. She smiled a spark of amusement as she got on the bike and Rion explained what she was to do as though she had never ridden before. As they took off her whole body tightened and tensed around him as the sheer joy of riding took over her senses and she was just so damn happy. The freedom that the bike offered was such a rush that always made her tingle. Being able to run as a wold and the freedom that it offered was fantastic to her but the freedom that the bike offered was nothing in comparison. I was her favorite thing of all time the freedom of flying, the thrill of the amount of control, and the feel of the wind against her skin. Remmi pressed her body tighter to his, the front of her body pressed so tightly the he could feel her elated heart beat through his back. Remmi slid her left hand to his chest for a better grip as she held her right hand just in front of his body to feel the wind rush through her fingers. Remmi laid her head against his shoulder and whispered, "Thank you" even though she was fairly sure that he could not hear her as she watched the scenery fly past them.

His choice of words, using 'family' over 'pack,' did not go unnoticed to her. However, Charlie left this question of semantics for another time.

"All these weapons for a pack of wolves?" Charlie sneered, despite her dry, aching throat, she managed a dersive laugh. "This your first rodeo?"

And without warning, Charlie lashed out with her mouth, the only thing she had control of, to sink her teeth into the hand against her cheek. An act of defiance. There was the clacking sound of teeth chomping together over empty air.

As if he knew she would do that all along, Cyrus had pulled his hand away before she could reach it.

There was a growl of frustration as Charlie's head snapped to one side to glare at him with rage-filled eyes. Tears of wrath welled in their corners.

"You sick son of a bitch! How do I know you won't just kill me when you're done with me?"

Natasha cracked open one eye slowly as she groaned, unmercifully awake for some reason. She checked her phone for the time, then cursed herself, she was already late to work, and had been hoping to call an hour before she usually worked so that she could possible explain that she was injured and couldn't work, or at least, was unable to do strenuous tasks. She pulled herself out of bed, recalling the talk with her sister with half-lidded eyes as she made her way slowly into the kitchen, tried to make herself something to eat and then tried to call her boss, but found that he wasn't answering his phone apparently.

Natasha dressed herself as best she could then slowly made her way to work, looking more than a little beat up. She didn't understand why she never healed as quickly as the others, but pushed herself forward. Upon arrival, she was greeted by her boss, but not in the way she would have liked. He was into his whole yelling phase again. Might as well let him let out some steam before opening her mouth.

"Natasha, can you please tell me why you are TWO HOURS LATE TO WORK, A DAY AFTER YOU BROKE MY GODDAMNED DYER! YOU SHOULD BE BENDING OVER BACKWARDS TO TRY AND FUCKING REPAY ME YOU USELESS LITTLE GIRL! YOU ARE NOTHING BUT TROUBLE, EVERY TIME YOU COME TO WORK, SOMETHING BREAKS, EVERY TIME YOU WORK, YOU FORGET SOMETHING IMPORTANT, YOU ALWAYS FUCK UP IN SOME WAY! AT LEAST I WAS CONTENT TO KNOW THAT YOU HAD NEVER BEEN LATE BUT NOW HERE YOU ARE JUST DECIDING TO SHOW UP TWO HOURS LATE!" After that point Natasha started tuning the man out, her shoulder was throbbing with pain a little and she stood there, looking the man in the eye, nodding occasionally; Yes, she was a horrible person for coming in late, how DARE she even entertain the idea that she could do that in the business world, what if he fired her, did she even know what she should do? She nodded and said "Mmmmhm" in agreement.

"ARE YOU EVEN FUCKING LISTENING TO ME?!" The man screamed, his face seemed the color of a tomato..... at least it kinda complimented the color of his frosty blue eyes. But still, he had a very angry face, and it was all twisted and contorted.

"ARE YOU?!" He was coming closer now, she nodded quickly, then tried to explain her injury and after about three sentences he cut her off and told her she was fired. She shrugged, sighing and then smiled, muttering that she had expected it sooner. She was tired, slightly in pain, and remorseful. Thinking about her lost job didn't help any, but it wasn't to hard on her. She went to her work locker, retrieved her belongings and left within ten minutes.

She dropped off the box at home and then went to the Hippo, planning to apologize. No doubt her sister had given the poor bartender a hard time of it for last night. Also, maybe she could get some idea of how to proceed. She needed another job...

Noel

He burst into the Howling Hippo and grinned. "Hey, hey, hey, everyone's favorite right hand man is back with some groceries!" He closed the door behind him and set the bag of groceries down, just before he put his hands down on the counter and jumped over. He landed neatly on his feet and began putting things away. Raw meat, some orange juice, some milk, some snacks ...

"So, guess what I heard about our little Zacky ..." he started. "Seems like he got his girlfriend pregnant ... and now he's denying the kid is his." He stood and dusted his hands, closing the fridge. "You kids are a riot."

[size=-2]
Marette really didn't mean to eavesdrop. She probably would have, any other time, but she simply didn't feel well enough. However, it was hard NOT to hear with Zack yelling as she passed by. He sounded livid, that was for certain and then.... oh hell, was the girl pregnant? Marette felt bad for a moment, but then an instant pang of jealousy shot up her spine. Zack was yelling about, cursing... clearly they weren't ready...

Marette nearly tumbled to her knees. Maybe it was the hangover, or maybe it was the sudden wash of memories, she and Ben staring intently at a small white stick and her trembling lip close to tears as he promised her that some things just took time. Marette felt a surge of anger that this two, on accident.... And still, something in her wanted to take Grace aside and hug her fiercely.

Marette regained her feet quietly, readjusting her sunglasses on her face and continuing slowly toward the store, waiting to see if Grace would need someone to lean on. Even after last night, she had liked Grace...
[/size]

[BG="#2F4F4F"][DASH="#66CCCC"]Alex stirred from his bed and looked at his watch.

"Ugh, I didn't realize how late it was..." He groaned, getting out of bed and walking over to the bathroom and looking in the mirror. He still had some dried blood from that girl last night on his hands which he quickly washed off. I should go and look for Natasha today, I hope she's doing better...

It didn't take Alex more then a few minutes to get ready and he was out the door, only to overhear a man yelling at who he assumed was Natasha due to the nature of the conversation. Alex rounded the corner to see Natasha looking meek in front of her boss' tirade. As soon as she left Alex approached the man.

"HEY YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" Alex yelled coming directly at the man, towering over the portly man, "She was attacked by mountain lion last night and you think you can punish her for that!? I'd like to see you come into work on time after getting your arm nearly ripped off. You know I'm sure we can figure out a way to test that theory if you'd like. Let me just go find a panther or something and we can get you all fixed up, after all I do have lots of money." Alex smiled darkly.

"I...but...uh..." The man sputtered.

"That's what I thought, next time you yell at someone think about what connections they have. Now the next time you see Natasha offer her, her job back or I might have to make a phone call and send you on the first plane to Africa." Alex patted the man on his shoulder and walked past him, out the door. Now where did Natasha go? Or I should go look for Marette? She did offer me a job...I suppose I'll have to check out that bar again and see who's all there. He nodded, putting on his sunglasses and heading back towards the Howling Hippo.

[/DASH][/BG]

Alex overhears Natasha getting yelled at and intervenes on her behalf. He then decides to go to the Hippo to look for Marette and Natasha

After everything that happened last night at the bar, Jason had gone home with an old buddy who had decided to just blow back into town. Whether it was just at the right time or the wrong time still remained up in the air even now. Just about the only lucky thing from last night had been that no one had gotten blown away by a shotgun. Even thought Raymond was a small town with knowing everyone else's business being a job so easy it turned into a side-hobby, perhaps this young man was aloof in not going out of his way to hear things. For that reason among others one would be hard pressed to ever find him just walking around the sidewalks aimlessly. One could say he didn't have a problem with finding ways to occupy his free time productively.

That being said, there was no surprise that he was the first employee at the Howling Hippo.

Town certainly wasn't big enough to need multiple bartenders.

Jason had watched Saraliya come in, not saying much to avoid getting the morning off to a cranky start. Not a word was said when she started raiding the place to put a half-assed breakfast together either. Everyone had to eat and this was certainly better than yet another one of Grace's cows buying the farm within the same damn week. For that reason among others he simply left the girl in peace while standing behind the bar washing glasses. Busy work that kept idle hands from becoming paws busy making unnecessary tracks around the woods for people to follow.

One nice thing about being a werewolf though. . . was that as a bartender he could catch the scent or sound of whoever was about to enter the bar. In a town this small it let him know who was coming. Whether they made a big entrance or not. Despite only having one eye for now until the other healed some day, he was more aware than any human that could work the Howling Hippo would ever be on their best day.

Noel was actually the first one to arrive after Saraliya with his oh-so-fantstic news.

"Well if the kid comes out with tattoos and stubble we'll know who it belongs to."

The words muttered were the first he had said all morning to anyone since arriving himself. No one was really there just yet except for Saraliya, Noel, and a couple old farmers who had stopped in to hide from their nagging wives for a while in peace. With how he spoke one could wonder if he even wanted to be heard at all. Especially compared to his limited outburst last night. But that was going to change soon. . . since the wind was starting to get a few more scents closer to the Howling Hippo.

Noel

Noel took a seat on a bar stool, snickering. "Yeah. But five bucks says he still denies the kid is his." For such a tough wolf, Zack had some personal issues of his. He should have settled them before he started dating a human. A human! As if this Pack needed anymore bad press, especially with that Clay wolf whom he hadn't seen since last night. And he hadn't caused trouble, either, none that he knew anyways.

He pulled out his hand held and started playing. "So how did everything go last night? Harry says everything was smooth but that guy would say everything was smooth even if someone had shoved a sandpaper up his ass." It was a funny thought but he had a feeling neither of them would see the humor in it. Pups, these days.

Rion

Rion took Remmi to the Howling Hippo first. It was either that or Jason's place and he didn't know if Jason would like the idea of Rion bringing a strange wolf to his home. So he walked in first and took a look around. A few humans. Best not to say anything that would be better off kept a secret. "Morning," he said to everyone. "Thanks for letting me crash at your place," he told Jason. "This is Remmi. Her car broke down. I didn't know where else to bring her. Remmi, this is Noel, Jason, and Saraliya."

Natasha made her way into the Hippo, her eyes downcast as she entered. Her footsteps softly padded over the floor and she sat at the bar, chewing on her lip. Like nothing had ever happened last night, like she had no idea that she had done what she had. All traces of that aggression and ability to stand up for herself were entirely gone. It was back to the meek, soft-spoken person she usually was. And you could almost see the aura of regret around her form. She paid no attention to anyone, she had walked straight past Sara and Noel, the two new people, and sat at the bar, trying to wait for something brilliant to pop into her head to make everything better.

Well, it never came to her, so she sat there, feeling like all of a sudden it was hard to swallow. She watched Jason, trying to be quiet, trying to let him be, especially after the fireworks last night. He had always looked out for her. He had always given her a hand. He always helped her. And last night was in no means close to any version of repayment. He gave her a pity drink and she not only caused a scene in the bar, but also got herself into trouble, big trouble.

She didn't like the fact that her first chance at being assertive was fueled by alcohol and anger and the feeling that she had to defend her sister. Not even that much alcohol. There was really no excuse for her bad choices and behavior. Which was probably why she wouldn't be all too surprised if Zack honestly wanted to tear her apart for what she had done. That being said, acknowledging the fact that she very well might have pissed off Zack didn't change the fact that she was VERY afraid of him whenever he was even frustrated. She would admit to the fact that she had once been silly enough to nurse a small crush on him, but that ended when she realized how idiotic it was to hold a crush like that when it was impossible to actually lead anywhere. So she had been happy that he had a girlfriend. Didn't know if she liked that it was a human or not, but either way, that was his choice. And she had wounded her.

Natasha chewed more on her lip, her eyes very intently focused on the wall straight in front of her. She could really use some of Jason's advice, because honestly, Sara's hadn't helped at all. It was a thinly-veiled "THANK YOU FOR BITING THAT BITCH" sentence and then some mutterings over how Zack might react. Not much help. And yet, she wouldn't blame Jason if he didn't want to talk to her. That being said. She felt like she had royally screwed the pooch. Her job, her friends..... wait, scratch that, just pack. She never really made friends, aside from Jason.

On that note, her teeth sunk straight through her lip, piercing the flesh. She didn't even notice. It wasn't so serious, just a few drops of blood. that made her remember, she recovered slower than everyone else, but she had sharper teeth than average. She remembered the way Grace had screamed and tried to pry her off. Then rested her head in her hands.

A few minutes went by and then she raised her head and her hand shot out and grabbed Jason's wrist as he passed by. She paused when she realized that it wasn't in her nature to do that. She usually would just say his name and try and get him to step outside for a while. Not fucking grab him. She let go, brows knitted together, eyes downcast.

"Sorry.... I don't know what's wrong with me lately.... can... I talk to you alone for a bit?.... I... I understand if you don't want to.... I want to apologize for last night.... " She murmured quietly, unable to look him in the eyes.

Remmi smiled looking at the bar they had pulled up to. She wondered what kind of inside joke lead the the name but it seemed nice. She bit her lip as she followed Rion in curious as to what the pack was like because this place smelled mostly of wolf. She stared around as the place seemed cozy enough. She smiled in greeting as she was introduced to Noel, Jason, and Saraliya. However the question sprang in her mind as to if she would be able to stay with another pack already in this small town. So Remmi smiled and hoped that they were as nice and not overbearingly territorial. Remi took a deep breath and let it out slowly calming her nerves, "Hi." Then her mind went blank as she really did not know what to say for the second time that morning.

Noel's words sort of just slid through his ears while he tried to focus on just who else was getting near the bar. A few moments passed before he acknowledged the question at all which could have been interpreted as trying to put the right words together. The scents became clear during that delay in his reaction. Now he knew who was coming and could relax for a little while behind the counter.

"It was little bumpy but then again we DO serve booze. But there was no potholes. Seems everything interesting happened outside the bar as far as last night goes. Right Sara?"

Deflecting the question to her opinion, as dangerous a plan as that could be at least relieved him of having to talk about others who weren't present. A joke about Zack's kid being born with body art and facial hair was one thing but he just didn't want to be involved in gossip. Only people who didn't have something to keep them in motion had enough time for that. Then again that was likely just his approach to avoid getting involved in problems he didn't want to be involved with.

"Not a problem."

The words came out without even a second's hesitation as he watched Rion walk in with a strange girl. Scents in the air told him that this was yet another of their kind but not of their pack. Was she his girlfriend or something? No one could really say what the guy had been up to on the road since he'd left the pack. At least he hadn't gone and gotten a human knocked up too. One was enough during an alpha male crisis that seemed to be attracting unsavory characters into town.

"Welcome to the howling hippo Remmi."

The bartender smiled amiably, since the girl was a new customer after all.

And that was when Natasha walked in. . . .

It was easy enough to smell her coming since that scent was familiar to him from his own childhood. Not to mention she had just been in the place last night. But at first he tried to give her some space considering what it seemed like she had been through the night before. Even though he hadn't snooped the others had made it relatively clear what had happened to the girl last night.

Part of him was still mad at her for getting him yelled at by Saraliya not to mention the fact it made him an accessory for what happened to Grace last night. At least she had survived. . . survived long enough to apparently find out she was pregnant and have it mess up her relationship with Zack. He was leaving her alone still until he started to smell blood in the air coming from. . . from where Natasha was sitting at. Curiousity and concern had started to grab hold of him when suddenly her hand shot out to physically grab his attention. When he looked at her she pulled her hand away and he listened to what she had to say. The resentment about last night melted off as it got replaced with need to make her feel better. . . or at least stop her from bleeding. He put some cocktail napkins near her hands.

". . . Yeah, you can. I'll um. Um. . . I'll uh, figure something out. Just um, give me like a uh. . . minute or two."

To be fair though, Natasha would only have to look him in one eye.

[bg=#2F4F2F][Dash=#43CD80]
[size=+1]Zack[/size]

"Seriously, Zack, what the hell is your problem? This KID is happening!"

"No, Grace! This isn't our kid. This is yours! I know it! God wouldn't put so much trouble in front of someone, so stop saying it's ours!" Zack said while grinding his teeth. She just had to get pregnant... things had to go from ok to screwed up in a matter of days. "Oh this is a cluster fuck.... sweet JESUS!" Zack yelled out again, and punched the fountain putting a large crack into it.

"Grace... go home. Go home, and you get home quick. This kid ain't ours. Do you understand me?" Biting back the urge to take back each and ever word he said, Zack continued with the act knowing full well that eyes, and ears were always open around this town... if he could just buy some time, then he could get things under control again, and get Grace out of there.

[/dash]
[/bg]

Natasha was happy to hear Jason talking, it brought a small smile back to her lips as she took the napkin and pressed it to her mouth, trying to stop the blood flow. She nodded as he told her to give him a moment and felt slightly better to know that he wasn't as angry as she expected him to be. She had no idea about the news of Grace getting pregnant, and honestly, at this point, she wouldn't pass any judgment at all if she did now.

Honestly, she was thinking about going to Grace's later to talk to her and apologize for last night at the bar, and hope that somehow, it covered the rest of her actions too, because she doubted that the woman would believe that Natasha was a werewolf. The idea of her as a werewolf seemed unbelievable to most still.

She felt horrid, honestly, about last night, and wished that she could have taken it all back....

Her eyes lowered to the bar again and she took a deep breath. How did she manage to screw up like that? It had all seemed so harmless one at a time, while the booze was still dumbing her up, then all at once, reality crashed on her. She took another breath, trying to think of happier thoughts. All she could come up with was the fact that she knew that both she and Grace had survived last night. And she was happy that she had snapped at only an arm. It wasn't much, but it was something, at least.

She stopped suddenly. Would Zack be even more pissed off if she went back to Grace's property, even just to apologize? Or would it lessen the anger? What if he was there? What if.... her heart started racing, and she had to take a couple deep breaths, trying to calm herself back down, knowing that being worked up wasn't going to help. Her shoulder started to throb again, alerting her of the fact that she was still very much recovering.

While she had thought through all of this, five minutes had gone by.

While she had thought through all of this, she had made her decisions.

She would go to Grace and apologize after she talked to Jason. Then she would try to find Zack... but... knowing that guy, he would be the one finding her when she least expected it. At this point, she didn't mind. He had every right to defend his mate. She would apologize and hope that there was some way to rectify the situation.

Settled in her decisions, a smile returned to her face, one of innocent and good intentions. Naive, and full of the belief that if she tried, she could make it all better.

But then again, as they said, the road to hell was paved with those.

[size=-2]
Marette stood dumbfounded within earshot of the conversation. Her sunglasses slid down her nose and she felt frozen in her tracks. Her anger and bitterness had dissipated, to be replaced now with hot, rushing pity filling every pore of her body. Grace would not want pity, but perhaps someone to lean on... Marette wished she could offer her help, but Grace had made it more than clear that she did not feel any sort of affection emotion towards Marette.

And so, with the sun beating down on her pale skin so much so that she could already feel it burning, Marette stood in place, unable to do anything more than observe. The scent of flowers on the breeze and the sound of people going about their normal lives pervaded this little sphere but Marette couldn't seem to break free of it. She knew there was the possibility that any moment, Zack could turn and unleash some of that anger on her for eavesdropping but she simply couldn't seem to move. She wanted badly to comfort Grace, but she had no idea what to do.
[/size]

[bg=#1a1a1a]
Saraliya was so focused on the bombshell Noel dropped about Zack's stupid human girlfriend, that she didn't torment Jason like she would have wanted. Nor did she give her sister the questioning looks that she might have deserved. And she didn't even glare hatefully at Rion or with suspicion at the new wolf he had brought in the front doors. Sara was completely dumbfounded.

I can't believe this shit. He's supposed to protect the pack and now he's putting us all in danger... Only an idiot wouldn't believe that Grace was having Zack's baby. There might have been a small chance but... no, the pack couldn't be that luck. Zack pretty much committed a sin. This was a broken law.

And here she thought Natasha's little anger issues were a problem...

"Uh... right. Welcome to Raymond, village of idiots." Saraliya finally grumbled out in Remmi's direction. She ignored Natasha's request to talk to Jason alone. Right now she didn't give a shit. There was BIGGER things to worry about.

"Noel can probably help fix your car. I'd say Zack could help but..." Sara trailed off. God damnit. She cast a glare over at Noel, with a questioning look. How the fuck was he staying so calm?!
[/bg]

[bg=#201812]
"Oh my fucking god." The phrase came out as an awkward sort of laugh. Her hands were up and ready to reached out and wrap her fingers around his neck to strangle him. Maybe it was good that Grace didn't have a gun on her. If she had, Zack would have been shot bleeding on the sidewalk right that moment, leaving her trying to explain spouse-abuse to the cops. Grace was at such a loss of what to say.

"You can go to hell." She spat out and for a split second it looked like she was going to take a swing at him. Grace finally turned and started stomping away. "God damnit!"

Grace was heading off to the parking lot where she had her truck parked. As she past Marette she held up a hand quick, before the woman could blurt out a word. She could see it on her face. "Marette, don't even." Grace may not have liked the woman, but she didn't want to direct her anger at someone that didn't deserve it. "If you REALLY want to butt in, go talk to that fucking asshole."

"AND TELL HIM HE CAN KISS MY ASS WHEN I RUN OFF WITH MY MEXICAN LOVER. YOU DICK." she turned around and screamed it for Zack... and everyone within town square... before she stomped away to her truck.

Grace's ride back to the ranch was filled with every curse word she could spit out. The fact that it just didn't make any SENSE was what killed her. She and Zack had fights before, but he never pulled shit like this. Was he really that freaked out about having a kid?

When Grace got home, no one asked what was wrong. They knew well to keep a good distance. She snatched up the house phone and called up Charlie. Leaning on the counter, Grace let the phone ring. Who she needed to talk to was a friend. But the phone rang. Rang. Rang. No answer. And for a moment, Grace stopped being pissed off to worry about someone else. Charlie was alone in that trailor of hers and with a busted up leg, it'd be easy for her to have another accident. Grace finally gave up trying to call. Taking the moment to breathe and decide where to go next.
[/bg]