Monster Onsen OOC

Lol on ok! Never played in a jump in before, just wanted to be respectful :) thanks! I'll jump-in!

I'll reply to the Monster Onsen when I can...we have D&D today, so it's highly unlikely that I'll be able to post today....but if I don't, I'll surely post tomorrow. At least, that's the major hope.

You know, I happened upon that blog when reading up on yokai for this RP. I meant to show it to you, but I forgot. -_-

Totally made my monster up. I'm sure somewhere, in some kind of folklore, there's a proper name for him... :D

Sorry. I got distracted. Hmm. A key though? I don't think there's locks like that on the doors. They are sliding paper screened doors. ^^;

from my research, there are "wooden" like keys for Ryokan ^^; so... question now is do you want keys or not in the RP?

Hmmm. I learn something new everyday! Very neat. But no. I think for the monsters, it's all a manner of politeness. (And something else to replace when someone crashes a wall/door/half of the building)

Halloween is near, can we come up with an Event in the RP? ^.^

So what would you define as a "Monster"? Any sort of inhuman being or is there some sort of guideline? I'm not educated in anything foreign and as such my character would just be an American monster who somehow heard of this place. Not sure of much yet but I'd love to jump in soon, I read most of the first page. :)

So what would you define as a "Monster"? Any sort of inhuman being or is there some sort of guideline? I'm not educated in anything foreign and as such my character would just be an American monster who somehow heard of this place. Not sure of much yet but I'd love to jump in soon, I read most of the first page. :)

Yup! Anything inhuman would work. :3 You can be an American Monster if you want to, do they speak Japanese? If not you could 'Engrish' it up for hilarious results! Just remember that the RP is really a slice of unusual life and thus life and there shouldn't be much combat. There should be some romance and comedy and fun though! :)

I wasn't looking for combat here, lol. x3 But yeah I know just about zero Japanese. x.x So I'mma be Engrishing it up a LOT. xD

Oh dude. It's not about what YOU know. It's about what your CHARACTER knows <3
Yeah, some people are using Japanese terms and phrases but don't feel like you have to do the same. Just make sure your character knows Japanese for whatever reason. Maybe they studied the language before taking a vacation to Japan? Maybe they learned the language in school, or from Mr. Miyagi, who lives down the street, while the character washed and waxed his cars?

How can I pretend to know a language I don't though? Dx I mean, I guess I could be really ghetto and google translate whatever I don't understand... e.e

Write what you know :)

Anyone wanna do some sort of Halloween event?

How can I pretend to know a language I don't though? Dx I mean, I guess I could be really ghetto and google translate whatever I don't understand... e.e

You..you know your roleplay posts should be written in English...right?

XD What Dawn said.
Example, I play an Elf. Does that elf speak English? Nope. He speaks sexy Elven. I don't know Elven, not even the Tolken varieties. Not a word. But my character is an Elf and he speaks Elven.

I'm playing a Japanese lad and he's totally speaking Japanese not English. He barely speaks English and probably can't say 'lasagna' to save his life.

So the characters are already 'speaking' Japanese. There's really no need to add Japanese words at all, it's just flavor really and if you don't want to flavor, don't. No big deal. :D

Write what you know :)

Anyone wanna do some sort of Halloween event?

Wat? Like, in the roleplay? I think it's up to our lovely GM to decide if it's close to Halloween or not. Also, what exactly did you have in mind?