Monreau's Daemon

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Nodding to him Colette moved to the other side of the bed and set the babies down. She took a few steps back from the bed. Turning to see Daimons expressoin. He looked scared and drunk. That didnt help. It only fueled her own fears. "I... I didnt know they were, I mean, what do I do?" Her body was trembling as she watched them sleep.

"Damion... I dont know how too do anything, I mean I cant..." her voice trailed off as she looked up at him trying to see if he was seeing what she was seeing.

"I dont know anything, this cant be happening, its a dream right, Im sleeping still right" Colette looked to her side of the bed but it was empty, her pillow was cold and where her legs would be, were two tiny bundles. It felt like all the air had been sucked out of the room as her hand reached to her chest. Gasping for air, tears stung her eyes.

"Its a dream, its all a dream, I cant... I cant do this.." Colette was shaking as she backed away from the bed again. Tears streaming down her face. "Damion what have I done?" Blinking away the tears Colette's eyes fluttered as the room spun. She tried to grab a hold of the bed post but she missed and slumped to the floor.

Right then the bedroom door opened and the butler walked in holding a tray with more crystal bottles for Damion. He looked up to see what was going on and smiled. "Well then, we shall need more glasses." He set the try down and then noticed Colette on the floor. "My God man, your wife!" The butler picked up Colette and placed her in the bed near the babies. "You better clean yourself up, she needs you now, dont be a fool, she is in no condition to be up and about." The butler scolded Damion and headed toward the door.

Damion, still confused sat on the bed and took Colette's hand as he looked down at the twins. Colette, honey.... they're beautiful..." he lay down next to her and nuzzled into her cheek, "Get some rest I'll take care of them and we'll talk when you wake up. "He reached under the bedside table and got out a bottle. It would sober him up pretty quickly but bring on a bad hangover.

With help from the butler and a few others in the house Colette soon got the hang of things and was a happy glowing mother. The twins were growing at a very rapid rate. Tehy seemed so strong and healthy. It was hard to find time to talk about anything with Damion as the house was now consumed with the twins. Colette was an night cafe and never knew the other side of dawn with endless hours of just being with them. It was as if they knew she was out of the room and would come undone.

More than once both of them had tried to bite the staff, thankfully they didnt have any teeth yet. Colette never asked Damion what he wanted to name them. She even had a random thought that perhaps they werent his. Giggling at the thought she sat with them in the study. James and Henry she thought were good names. Names of strength and wisdom. James looked stronger than his twin brother born only seconds apart, but nontheless, he looked tough and very stubborn.

Henry however stole her heart with his darling grin and tender eyes. She found herself cuddling him more as James seemed to want to explore his new world and never really cared for being held for very long. Colette was use to this as the boys reached their 6 month birthday. Both stronger then ever and very cute, it was a milestone for sure.

Damion had tried, he really had. But he couldn't feel the connection to the children he should. Even though he didn't mean to he began pulling away from them, and to a lesser degree from Colette. He fought it but it was a deep seated reaction to a feeling he couldn't shake, nor understand. He could see it on Colette's eyes that she could see it too and that only further increased his guilt. He became increasingly unpredictable and increasingly unhappy, the time he forced himself to spend with Colette and the twins making him long for escape even more and the time alone only increasing his guilt. He hadn't started drinking again partly out of a promise he had made the night of the twins' birth and partly out of a fear as to what would happen if he did. He brought in enough to keep them very comfortable but Colette liked her Cafe and Damion let her work in it as she pleased, he would often go there to watch her and the twins, sometimes telling them stories and teaching them the things vampires should know, he did it with the slow patience of a teacher, but without the love of a father.

It all changed on the twins' 6th birthday. They had rented out the cafe, when two surprise guests arrived, people them hadn't seen in six years... Logan and Veronica... arm in arm.... smiles on their faces. they walked through the door.

Colette was busy with Henry when the doors opened. She only just looked over when her wine glass slipped from her hands shattering on the floor next to Henry. He screamed and started crying. Blinking away from the sight at the door Colette picked up Henry and tried to comfort him as she made her way out of the room as quickly as possible.

James however looked up at the new arrivals and smirked. He was very devious at this point and loved to play games. Snaking his way behind the couple James slammed the door shut and shouted out to them as he pointed.

"HA! So your my real dad!" Other guest gasped and turned to see James giggling and completely enjoying the expression on Logan's face. "Ha ha.... fool you" James ran right at them and wiggled past them and on toward his mother that was in the very back with Henry.

"Mom, mom did you see, did you see what I did? I got him good didnt I. Did you see his face?" James as looking from her and then over his shoulder.

"Your father will be none to happy with your little joke. You better go find him and tell him that you are sorry. That was not a very nice thing to do. I would be more angry but Henry go really scared. Can you just go find your father and behave James, please." Colettes tone was a little sharp toward the end. James loved to test her all the time and he was just becoming a rather spitful child. She didnt know why either.

Turing her attention back to Henry she smiled and touched his cheek. "Ah, my little guy Im so sorry, it will be okay alright." He smiled up at her as James glared at them.

"You always favor him and I hate you for it. What makes him so special!" James clinched his fist.

Colette went to say something but he had already stomped off. "James wait... I..." Lowering her eyes she turned back to Henry. "Mom, is daddy really my daddy?" Henry asked her as he put his arms up so she could carry him. Picking him up, as she always had since he was born, she hugged him close. "Your father is your father Henry, never think differently alright." Nodding to her the two lingered near a small screen and watched the room from a semi-protected distance.

James had tried to find his father but had no luck. Instead he went about getting attention from all the guest. They were more than happy to play with him, laugh with him and joke with him. He was much more out going then his twin brother and it was very clear that he wanted nothing to do with his parents. It was a sharp knife into Colette's heart. Ashamed and full of guilt she tried to ignore Logan and Veronica. The thought of them being here and causing all this made her blood boil.

Damion was as usual alone. He stood in the back of the cafe watching he only moved when Logan and Veronica arrived. His hand came to rest on Colette's shoulder as he watched them, he said nothing but his eyes never left them. Then he moved into the crowd grabbing Logan by the arm and pulling him away from Veronica to the corner of the room. "Why did you bring her here?" he asked in a vicious whisper. "Damion, man, she not interested in you anymore alright?" Logan said defensively "She just came here with me to celebrate the 6th birthday of two pure vampires, you know how important the 6th birthday is." he pushed his way past Damion and went over to Colette and Henry. "Hello Colette, I never really congratulated you, and six is an important birthday, but I'm sure Damion told you that, where can we put the present?"

In the meantime Veronica had started talking to James who seemed to be enjoying her company, she seemed happy and very unlike the person she had been in france, or afterwards, she even smiled at Colette when she looked their way.

Colette felt faint as she watched James hug Veronica. She swayed a little and gripped the counter top to hold herself and Henry up. Touching her face she refused eye contact with Logan and stepped away from him, gripping Henry tight. "Lynn get James for me would you please... excuse me" she hurried past the woman that had become her head nanny and went up stairs to the small room set up a a mini study.

Setting Henry down he went to play unaware of his mothers distress. Shaking she sank into the arm chair and gripped a few napkins in her hand. Holding back a few tears she listened for James. Her own son with that thing, it made her want to vomit. Why had they come, why?

There was a knock on the door and Veronica entered holding James. "Colette!" she said jutting his down "You look awful, have you eaten?" she entered and closed the door her look and tone changing completely, "They look just like their father don't they?" she said with a venomous smile, "And this one is suck a sweet boy. he'll grow up to be great i know it." She put a hand on James' shoulder.

Nearby two voices were heard, coming closer, one of then Damions the other Logan's the door opened and then stormed in. "Colette you should come with me.. " Logan began but Damion grabbed him and pushed his against the wall, 'You're not taking her Logan, she has my children." "Are you sure they're yours Damion? You don't even remember what happened in france." he pushed Damion away from him as Veronica sat on the bed next to Colette. "What are you doing here? Damion spat at her "Both of you out NOW!"

"Damion you oaf I'm here claiming whats mine, whats always been mine and to get rid of whats been keeping whats mine from me." he stood and put a hand on Colette's head and turned it exposing neck. "Veronica no... that was not.." Logan began but Damon has faster and was on Veronica before she could finish. "Oooh, not so eager Damion, we still have to get rid of this one." she said moving underneath him seductively.

Collette fell over as both her boys screamed. James was in shock and unable to move as Henry's face flared with rage. Never before had he been one to get angry or show any sign that he might be violent, sprang to life. He pushed his brother to the floor and jumped on Veronica's back. In an instant his teeth dug into her deep. He wasnt feeding he was severing her spine. His jaw nearly broke as a sharp snap filled the room.

Veronica's body fell to the floor, blood gusted from Henry's mouth as he stood on the bed next to his mother. His eyes completely insane as he stared down Logan. James tried to grab his brothers foot but was kicked back, busting his lip wide open, his nose was bleeding as well as Henry panted and looked like he was about to leap at Logan. His little body was shaking, he felt like he was going to throw up. He looked over at his father as more blood flowed from his lips. He didnt know that he had nearly shattered his own teeth, his gums were bleeding as he tried to speak.

"Daddy?" he blinked a few times and started to sway. Logan looked mortified as his eyes went from Henry and then back to Veronica's lifeless body. Colette let out a tiny whimper but didnt move.

Damion was up, it took him a second to take in what had happened. Logan his eyes wide backed out of the room. "Henry look after your mother." Damion said then he looked at Colette, "This ends tonight, I promised to keep you safe." He ran after the fleeing logan and followed him out of a second floor window and out of sight down an alleyway. Logan used all the skills and power of a vampire his age but Damion was older, and soon they faced each other on the roof of an old antique shop.

"You know shes the real threat Damion, and shes not dead. In an hour or two she'll be on her feet again." Logan said trying to buy time, but Damion stepped closer. "Why did you do this Logan? I vowed to protect her, you where there, and now you see me fulfilling that vow."

Faster than anyone could see he kicked Logan from the roof, the strength of a elder vampire sending Logan sliding but he recovered in time to block Damion as he jumped onto his tearing at his chest, he eldowed Damion in the face and using his surprise sunk his teeth into Damion's neck, who cried out in pain and grabbed Logan's head in both hands ripping his teeth out of his flesh and twisting breaking Logan's neck before rolling off of him and lying down, too weak to move.

Henry gave his father a nod as he looked at his mother. Jumping off the bed he wiped his face with his sleeve and picked up her legs, helping her lay flat. He touched her brow with worry and felt eyes stabbing him in the back.

"Ive always hated you and now I know why. Your are not my mother, you are the devil" James was on his feet and walking toward Henry. But he moved a side and looked at their mother.

"She will die by my hand tonight and you will not stop me little brother." James was the eldest of the two boys. He was faster and stronger when he wanted to be. It took a great deal to get him focused enough to do something, be nevertheless he was intent on killing Colette.

He grabbed for her neck and Henry grabbed his wrist and twisted it up and around. A snap filled the room as James screamed and looking at Henry, punched him in the face. Henry was sent backwards but then smirked and returned the favor.

The boys fought like this for a few mintues. Henry landing more hits then James, that making him more angry and less able to control his rage. He was never good at that. Henry feed upon it and just as James was hit in the chest by a sudden kick, James fell over their mother. Henry's aim was off for as James fell his face and teeth went into Colettes neck.

Blood gushed from her neck as he chewed her flesh. Henry was in horror, he had failed his father. She was dying right before his eyes. Grabbing James in a flash of absoult rage, Henry yanked him off their mother, spun him and snapped his neck in one swift motion. Jame's body fell to the floor next to Veronica.

Panting and crying Henry stepped over his brothers body and went to his mother. Blood poured from her wound. Covering it with his small hand he didnt know what to do. All he could do was cradle her head in his lap. Was she dying? She couldnt die, she just couldnt.

"Mommy? Mommy please wake up please... please I love you.. " Henry cried as he moved away from her believing she was dead. She wasnt moving at all. His tear stained face said everything for him as he went to the door. His brother was dead, and the woman wasnt moving either. Had he killed her too? It was all his fault. Everyone was dead because of him. The guilt and horror clung to his every breath. What had he done. They were all dead. He could see them all still alive. Whimpering he looked at the bodies and nearly threw up. He had to escape this nightmare. A nightmare he started, it was all his fault.

Trembling with rage and sorrow Henry ran out of the room. Tearing off into the night the sound of his little shoes beating the pavement were soon muddled with the sound of rain.

The smell of blood filled the night as so many lives where lost. So much tragedy and so much love, it was like the night its self began to cry as the fog turned to rain. Thick droplets spattered the city and vacant sidewalks as the imortal souls left the earth leaving behind crippled minds and shattered hearts to carry on.

Blood flowed in the rain, two figures lay still on top of the shop where it all began. Damion's eyes where still open, tears washed away by the rain. Mouth hung limp a pool forming inside. He coughed as the liquid entered his lungs, instinct not to drown still alive. he looked at the not-yet-dead form beside him, he needed strength he needed blood. He dragged himself over to Logan whose breathing came in weak bursts, eyes unseeing, but as a vampire he could still recover. Damion, propped on his elbows looked down at his one-time friend. "This is why I never turned, and now we've all died in one way or another." He didn't know if Logan could hear him... but he would feel what was coming.

Damion's teeth dug deep into his flesh, blood poring from the wound as what remained of Logan was gripped with fear, then, the flow stopped, the rhythmic beating of his heart still and Damion had to work the liquid from him. Then he stood and walked slowly back to the Cafe. looking lost, blood running from both his neck and mouth, the guests stared in shock but he didn't care, there was only one thing that mattered, and he entered her room.

The time between the raw events seemed to be stipped away as guest took to leaving the party. All had been aware of something wrong and after Colette and the boys vanishing upstairs, followed by Damion and Logan. The show was over. The gifts stacked in a neat pile all lay unopened. Their cake with little swards and neatly woven names in buttercream and sugar, rest uncut.

All around the room things were either half eaten or completely abandoned. Napkins and cups littered the floor. Lynn, the devoted nanny to the boys and best friend to Colett sat at the bottom of the stair case soaked from head to toe. She was shivering as her eyes fell upon Damion. Quickly raising to her feet she gave him a bow, as it was her place and duty. Unwilling to give him direct eye contact she looked down at the hardwood floor and kept quite.

The whole place was quite. To quite. Turning to speak to him in a weak effort to explain things Lynn grabbed his hand. "My Lord, please, I tried to stop him I did, I promise you that. I've heard nothing of the others, please forgive me but Colette said I was never to follow her. Forgive me" Releasing his hand she backed away from him holding a napkin to her lips as she sobbed. Skrinking away into the shadows of the shoppe, a chair soon cradled her body as she cried.

"Lynn what ..." he broke off and ran up the stairs, James was there so was Colette "No!" he shouted running over to her and looking at the bite. "WHAT HAPPENED WHERE IS HENRY?" he bent over Colette and shook her gently "Colette wake up.. wake up Colette please.. please wake up."

Colette's eyes opened slowly and she tried to smile at Damion."Tell the boys not to fight okay." Again Colette smiled and tried to touch the side of Damions face. In the background footsteps fill the hallway. Looking in Lynn screamed and looked away. Crying hard she dared to look again. "My Lord, the boys.. oh poor Henry no wonder he ran away.." Lynn looked from Damion to the body of James and then Colette. "Ill get some towels." She ran back down and her looking for towels and supplies filled the air with random clatter.

Damion hugged her close and cried into her shoulder, still half oblivious to what was going on. "Hes dead, Logans dead." he said clinging to her. "I killed him." he was still weak and when he was done talking he fall against her and lay next to her, emotionally and physically drained.

Lynn returned with a first aid kit that was made just for them. Once it was open she set to work wrapping Colette's neck and then helpe her sit up. She worked around Damion as he could only sit and watch. Many years she had worked for their kind and she was no stranger to the horrible things they were capible of. Once Colette was done Lynn's eyes went to James.

His little body lay face down on the floor. Colette and Damion were still in shock and unable to realize the lost. Holding her tears at bay for just a few more minutes Lynn thought it best to just have James lay on the sofa like he was sleeping. Reaching for his arm to pull him to her, another hand grabbed her's. Screaming Lynn tried to pull away but Veronica yanked her back down.

"just leave." Damion looked at Veronica, he was standing unsteadily but his eyes showed deadly venom, he pointed at the door and took Lyn's hand. "Logan is dead, you have nothing here, leave."

Veronica staggered to her feet and glared at Damion as she tried to run out the door but it was more of a sloppy trot. Lynn gave Damion a small smile and then went back to Colette. Checking on her was heart breaking how would she break the news that James was dead, she wasnt sure how and Henry ran away.

"Damion, take Colette home please. Ill remain with James." She tried to sound strong as Colette looked around and saw James.

"Whats wrong with James? What happened to him?" Her eye went from Lynn and then over to Damion.

She tried to get up but was to weak and fell over. Crying as she reached for her son. "James, James! answer me please.. Wheres Henry? Henry.. darling its me mommy where are you dont hide its alright.. Henry?"

Her eyes scanned the room as she blinked away tear after tear. "Damion? My boys, where are they Lynn please.." It was written all over Lynn's face as her eyes met with Colettes. Screaming and crying into her own hands the nights events came crashing down around her.

Henry stood, alone, lost confused. It was cold an he felt as if the world was against him. Then a gentle hand found his shoulder. "Henry, its ok. Come with me. Everything will be alright." he hesitated, tears still running down his face, she had kind eyes and a warm smile. He hugged her around the thighs and Veronica smiled, she had at least one Moonborn male... she just needed the other.

"Colette we need to move, come on" Damion spoke as he carried her to the car. The mansion was the safest place for her, and she needed to rest. Once home he took her strait to the master bedroom and laid her down fussing and making sire she was comfortable. He stayed with her stroking her hair and holding her hand gently whispering comfort until she fell asleep, then leaving instructions with Lynn to look after her and keep her there he moved out into the night... he needed to find his son.