Moments in Video Games that made you feel AWESOME

Status
Not open for further replies.
kicking Jon Irencius' ass in two separate battles

I just got off a few rounds of Insurgency as the support gunner. We were down to me and another guy holding off a counter attack against the highest number of AI bots on the hardest difficulty, and the fact we were all dug in and six of our comrades had fallen in less than 30 seconds gives you the idea of how fierce the enemy's attack was, and the numbers of them.

A dead team mate types, "Army of 2.", referencing the video game series where two mercs take on an army. A moment later, my team mate is killed and LAST MAN STANDING flashes across my screen.

"Army of M249." The same player types. It was by far the wittiest thing that could have been said at that point and I laughed out loud, immediately regretting it as a spoke grenade erupts outside the objective I am holding and the start of the next big push comes pouring through the door like a bunch of turban and shemagh wearing Zerglings.

This is a good time to mention this game follows realistic weapon modeling and damage; a single well-placed shot can absolutely kill you, it's why I am the last one left, laughing at a well-timed joke and about to shit myself because the spectral outlines of the enemy appears in groups of 2-5 at a time in a steady, seemingly uninterrupted stream from the expanding smoke and I don't have a chance to let off the trigger; stopping for even a second means certain death and I don't know when my belt of ammunition is going to run out in my machine-gun.

Finally, there's a break in the attack and there's six seconds until reinforcements, a full 12 seconds since the enemy began their last desperate push to kill me. My team responds and arrives moments later, and I gratefully reload, looking at the broken tile floor that is litered with over 25 bodies and weapons. I saved the mission, alone, and I couldn't make out more than vague outlines and muzzle flashes through the smoke.

I pick up from my position and make a joke about the Doctor part of my user name, saying I was ppracticing medicine so hard right then over voice chat and look at the floating B 120 meters away with grim, fatalistic determination.

Only 7 more objectives to go.

Reactions: Glaciercold
I just got off a few rounds of Insurgency as the support gunner. We were down to me and another guy holding off a counter attack against the highest number of AI bots on the hardest difficulty, and the fact we were all dug in and six of our comrades had fallen in less than 30 seconds gives you the idea of how fierce the enemy's attack was, and the numbers of them.

A dead team mate types, "Army of 2.", referencing the video game series where two mercs take on an army. A moment later, my team mate is killed and LAST MAN STANDING flashes across my screen.

"Army of M249." The same player types. It was by far the wittiest thing that could have been said at that point and I laughed out loud, immediately regretting it as a spoke grenade erupts outside the objective I am holding and the start of the next big push comes pouring through the door like a bunch of turban and shemagh wearing Zerglings.

This is a good time to mention this game follows realistic weapon modeling and damage; a single well-placed shot can absolutely kill you, it's why I am the last one left, laughing at a well-timed joke and about to shit myself because the spectral outlines of the enemy appears in groups of 2-5 at a time in a steady, seemingly uninterrupted stream from the expanding smoke and I don't have a chance to let off the trigger; stopping for even a second means certain death and I don't know when my belt of ammunition is going to run out in my machine-gun.

Finally, there's a break in the attack and there's six seconds until reinforcements, a full 12 seconds since the enemy began their last desperate push to kill me. My team responds and arrives moments later, and I gratefully reload, looking at the broken tile floor that is litered with over 25 bodies and weapons. I saved the mission, alone, and I couldn't make out more than vague outlines and muzzle flashes through the smoke.

I pick up from my position and make a joke about the Doctor part of my user name, saying I was ppracticing medicine so hard right then over voice chat and look at the floating B 120 meters away with grim, fatalistic determination.

Only 7 more objectives to go.
Man, no other gam makes 200 rounds of 5.56 NATO feel more badass than Insurgency.

Btw, which map was that on? My buddies and I played on Contact coop and got squad wiped by a RPG 5 seconds into the game.

Man, no other gam makes 200 rounds of 5.56 NATO feel more badass than Insurgency.

Btw, which map was that on? My buddies and I played on Contact copp and got squad wiped by a RPG 5 seconds into the game.

Right? I'm glad there's no overheating mechanic for the guns because my goddamn barrel would have melted. :D

I think the map was Siege. I'd have to double check.

Right? I'm glad there's no overheating mechanic for the guns because my goddamn barrel would have melted. :D

I think the map was Siege. I'd have to double check.
Haha, sometimes a little distance from realism helps. Still, you can see the smoke rising from gun barrel when you go full-auto, the devs really put in a lot of details.

Siege is a pretty neat map, going through those back alleys might get you blown up by c4/ied but flanking an unaware squad is worth the risk.

Mind if I add you steam? My friends and I are always looking for fellow operators.

Last edited:
Haha, sometimes a little distance from realism helps. Still, you can see the smoke rising from gun barrel when you go full-auto, the devs really put in a lot of details.

Siege is a pretty neat map, going through those back alleys might get you blown up by c4/ied but flanking an unaware squad is worth the risk.

Mind if I add you steam? My friends and I are always looking for fellow operators.

By all means!

Doctor Dervs is my Steam name.

hqdefault.jpg

One shotting a difficult map in King of Thieves! Also, two Ultras colliding, and me winning out in SSF4

When me and my friend beat Halo CE on Legendary :3

Getting 10K worth of hits in Sengoku Basara 4. The Festival mission is possibly the best area to get that.

Getting a SSS rank in Curtain Call on my first try on Ultima setting.

Finally logging into Uplay without issue.
Damn you Ubisoft! You're launcher sucks but your games are worth the hassle!

That and damnit I wish I hit screenshot for this. Was playing Shadow of Mordor and actually hit x200 hit combo! That was so badass I stood up with my arms in the air like, "YEAH!"

Status
Not open for further replies.