Status
Not open for further replies.
my first final fantasy game was mystic quest

it sucked

it was rpgs for people who needed an intro to rpgs

my second rog was this

and just the first five minutes already made me feel awesome

and all i did was hit the A button to scroll through dialogue

Unintentionally pitting a whole camp of giants against a dragon in Skyrim. No words are able to describe how I felt at that moment.
Kinda bored because an ancient being that once ruled the world was being beaten by mammoth lovers with tree trunks?

my first final fantasy game was mystic quest

it sucked

it was rpgs for people who needed an intro to rpgs
Mystic Quest was the hypest shit when I was like 8. :lol:

• Love
Reactions: Windsong
Being like ten and figuring out just how this game works when my cousin had it for years and just couldn't do it.

Quest64_big.jpg

Reactions: CoffeeCake
Kill Sephiroth for the first time in FF7. Just finishing 60+ hours of game, beating a overthe tops top boss. Getting the OMNI SLASH for free and FUCKING HIM UP WITH IT.

Justice. Vindication. Revenge.

EXTREMELY wellmade ending to a great game.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
While we're on the topic of Final Fantasy (particularly VI), the final battle of VI remains my favorite final boss of all time.

Really, the World of Ruin in general made me feel awesome. After seeing Kefka annihilate the world, re-recruiting every party member felt like an achievement. And then, when you rose from Daryl's Tomb on the Falcon and this theme started to play, it really felt like a new beginning, because Searching For Friends is literally the first upbeat song you hear after the Floating Continent. Then you finally got to Kefka and his boss gauntlet, representing Dante's Inferno. You start with a demonic creature, representing hell. Then you fight a man; earth; then Mary and Jesus for heaven, then you ascend to the last level, the music crescendos, and what does Kefka represent? God. Then his signature laugh, which you haven't heard for this entire half of the game, plays integrated into the music itself.
Then you kick his divine ass, watch him disintegrate, and watch the party escape. It's kind of a bittersweet ending (the world is still fucked up, magic doesn't exist anymore, and Shadow commits suicide), but I still can't think of a moment in an RPG better than killing Kefka.

• Love
Reactions: Razilin
I was playing Lara Croft last year and I had an awesome moment when I was finally able to shoot my enemies while hanging upside down. Also the time I took down every member of an enemy camp in the game so stealthily that none of the others noticed. Took out the whole camp without a bullet leaving anyone's gun. It was so epic for me.

The one on one sword fight with Ganondorf at the end of Twilight Princess was, while simple, spectacular. I have never felt so accomplished in my life after beating him.

In the original X-COM or in X-COM Apocalypse, acquiring Psionics and mind controlling enemies into pulling all the pins on their grenades and committing suicide just has a certain sickening satisfaction to it.

Getting through Dishonored on a no-kill run makes this all the more satisfying.

Taking the would-be hero kid in Fable all the way to adulthood and going from being borderline helpless to the greatest hero the world ever knew is definitely up there in "defining moments of gaming heroism".

Actually making it to the end of Organ Trail after dying about twenty times. Stupid dysentery.

Realizing I actually felt mentally fatigued after playing Spec Ops: The Line, a game which proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that games are art and should be treated as such.

Going from absolutely nothing in Master of Orion 2 to being the leader of a space empire who has conquered the entire galaxy and fucked the extra-dimensional Antaren invasion force by making their entire race extinct.

There's too many moments I've had playing video games that felt awesome in one way or another to define to a singular event. It's also making me feel old now.

One of the most badass feels you can ever get: when you manage to beat the final boss on KH 2 for your elder brother without having any previous experience in the game whatsoever. Btw, did I mention that you were only like 9 or 10 when you did it? Oh, well that's because you didn't suckers!!!

Killing the Broodmother in Dragon Age.

That shit was harder than the Archdemon.

o buddy. There are so many badass moments of gaming in my life...do believe beating the first Halo game as a kid is my number one. Best game, hands down. But now...there's nothing like sprinting into someone and punching a hole in their chest in Saints Row 4. Not to mention that fucking amazing end game. I was whooping like a fiend during that shit.

In the original X-COM or in X-COM Apocalypse, acquiring Psionics and mind controlling enemies into pulling all the pins on their grenades and committing suicide just has a certain sickening satisfaction to it.

Getting through Dishonored on a no-kill run makes this all the more satisfying.

Taking the would-be hero kid in Fable all the way to adulthood and going from being borderline helpless to the greatest hero the world ever knew is definitely up there in "defining moments of gaming heroism".

Actually making it to the end of Organ Trail after dying about twenty times. Stupid dysentery.

Realizing I actually felt mentally fatigued after playing Spec Ops: The Line, a game which proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that games are art and should be treated as such.

Going from absolutely nothing in Master of Orion 2 to being the leader of a space empire who has conquered the entire galaxy and fucked the extra-dimensional Antaren invasion force by making their entire race extinct.

There's too many moments I've had playing video games that felt awesome in one way or another to define to a singular event. It's also making me feel old now.
Errrr geerrrrddd MoO 2 was so fucking good! Holy shit the amount of badassitude one could achieve in a space RTS setting.

When FF VII first came out..I was 12-13...took me like two years to beat it,
off and on..finally..after the Racing... and the Breeding...

It felt SOOO GOOD to get this Chocobo! I had to take a moment to soak it all in. I'll never forget those damned races! But I did it and got the Knights of the Round table beat Sephiroth in like 5 mins >_< and that was mostly animation time! *kills over*

golden-chocobo.jpg

Errrr geerrrrddd MoO 2 was so fucking good! Holy shit the amount of badassitude one could achieve in a space RTS setting.

Where is your God now?

Where is your God now?
Its been so long since Ive played MoO, so I bought all three games for $12 just now. Gun b gud dey.

Also, Galactic Civilizations? Fucking bitching. Literally design your own machines of war as you rampage across the galaxy and blow people up. Planetary Annihilation? FUCKING BLOW UP PLANETS. >inb4 lots of games do that but they dont have you take a moon or asteroid, turn it into a base, then put rocket engines on it with a geosyncrinous orbit around the local star to slingshot it into a planet. Sins of a Solar Empire? Build ships that are nearly the size of planets and have them single-handedly decimate entire fleets and go on a murdering-spree of hostile and very bitchy enemies. How about Endless Space? Create your own fucking races that can be fucking disgustingly amazing to tournament level-extremes. I build the best of the best (in my books) and after hours of refinement of that race, when I finally win, that eight hour match with computers is all worth it. Hell, I feel like a badass every time I complete an 8+ hour strategy game because I just used up a looooootttt of time to do other things.

Did I mention that RTS games are games of champions and those who like feeling awesome about themselves?

When FF VII first came out..I was 12-13...took me like two years to beat it,
off and on..finally..after the Racing... and the Breeding...

It felt SOOO GOOD to get this Chocobo! I had to take a moment to soak it all in. I'll never forget those damned races! But I did it and got the Knights of the Round table beat Sephiroth in like 5 mins >_< and that was mostly animation time! *kills over*

golden-chocobo.jpg

and then came Knights of the Round

and then everything got awesome

and 2 minutes long due to summon animation

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.