Moments in Video Games that made you feel AWESOME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunzerking with the "Come at me Bro" skill. Then Activating the come at me bro skill and giving the bird to everything! When you're running around with 2 rocket launchers and shooting everything, you should be able to taunt them.

heroes_of_sovngarde___skyrim_by_lowndesuk-d4mgll2.png

The death of Ridley in Metroid Prime had me jumping up and down.

Defeating Orgodemir (the final boss) in Dragon Quest/Warrior VII while underleveled as hell, without any real useful skills, and abusing the high HP total of a pretty worthless class. It was a gigantic struggle, but I didn't really feel like grinding at the time.

Also, beating God Hand on hard. Just trust me on this one.

Defeating the original NES Final Fantasy 1 with a single non class changed White Mage.

More recently, 100% real platinum god on Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (without cheating and using mods prior to the patch... God I can't believe some people got it that way.)

... That kind of stuff. I like a good challenge when it comes to gaming.

Victory cutscene of any boss ever. Especially final bosses.

Also when I catch a pokemon that I've had an especially hard time tracking down, when a pokemon I really love evolves, and when I finally get a pokemon with the right nature, the right ability, and perfect IVs.

And shinies. Shinies always make me happy

Reactions: LunaValentine
Beating a boss that was a jerk whole game or a boss who took me too long to beat. (Looking at you Orphan from FF13. Give me back my one year.)

Every boss battle in Dragon's Dogma.

@Windsong
O' hey there!
"Newly Arisen"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Windsong
That moment in Final Fantasy 8 when you summon Shiva. I would get so excited and my eyes would light up so much whenever I saw her scene.

Killing a dragon in Skyrim.
Killing a dragon in Dragon Age 3
Killing a dragon in just about ANYTHING.

Saving all of Spyro's dragon buddies from those horrible green statues.
ywjvh1J4hlwyD4FUYDiRIeXWi13v0iHP7UHb1VhStvbX5ZtdvSMrmZI3aI10_FJDOFckXeW0koeKtfYvELgW7ty1ewKOa9dAo_hSWZKNS_5xgIGBAw

Evolving your favorite pokemon and being so proud of it.
670px-Cancel-an-Evolution-in-a-Pok%C3%A9mon-Game-Step-2.jpg

Lots of things in Dark Souls 1 and 2. I had plenty of bosses and encounters that had me kind of raging at them until I figured out how to deal with them, and when I beat them I felt like a fucking champion. The best examples of that I can think of off the top my head are the Capra Demon and Gaping Dragon bosses from the first game, and the Smelter Demon, Old Iron King, Vendrick, and Darklurker bosses from the second one. I died a ton to all of them before I finally found a tactic that worked, and once I caught on to such a tactic I was able to beat them in one or two tries.

Oh, also, a thing in Bastion (which includes spoilers so stop now if you care). Near the end of the game you have to choose to either leave a guy named Zulf for dead after he fucked you over, or carry him out to safety. When you choose to carry him out you have to go through a bunch of enemies that you can't fight because you're busy carrying Zulf, and you're moving extremely slow. It's not exactly a challenging thing, as if you keep moving you'll make it through almost every time, but making it through that first time made me feel like an awesome badass hero.

• Love
Reactions: SamIO and Windsong
Beating most bosses in Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix on Proud Mode. It probably isn't hard for most people, but man is it a pain for me. Beating Twilight Thorn during Roxas's segment...oooooo that felt good. Those goddamn creepy ass wiggly tentacle arms. Oh, and beating any boss in the game with a finisher. Like, especially Guard Break (Pierce?). *wind up* "This is it!" *pop boop sparkle u r ded*

Pulling off some crazy combination of Functions in Transistor. Jaunt() + Get() + Purge() made me feel god-like for some reason. Something about quickly escaping while creating a hungry void that pulls you in and rips you apart is the best thing.

The ending of Persona 3. Not gonna say anything past that because y'all need that in your life. (I would say FES but I bought that forever ago and still haven't finished The Answer yet soooooo)

Then there's taking out basically all of the Elite Four with one Pokemon. "This is my dear sweet child that I have cultivated since forever, and it alone just put your professional ass to shame. Praise us."

Gears of War 2, the sniping scene where Marcus yells "THAT'S FIVE MOTHERFKERS."

Beating Super Mario 64 after years of not playing it.

• Love
Pulling off some crazy combination of Functions in Transistor. Jaunt() + Get() + Purge() made me feel god-like for some reason. Something about quickly escaping while creating a hungry void that pulls you in and rips you apart is the best thing.
Personally Voidx3 + Load!Mask + Void!Tap is my favorite combo. The damage from Mask alone kills most enemies and, adding Tap onto that can kill Sybil or the Spine in one Turn.

Accidentally getting a headshot on a cloaked Spy.

Also, accidentally getting three random headshots in a row while blindly firing the Huntsman.

Also, killing an Engineer with his own sentry rockets. Airblasting Pyros are the best.

I took over a fort in the 'hard' area of the game with just one blinking red bar of health and won that shit.

The Zone of the Enders games where great. They way you controlled Jehuty in the second game was awesome in itself. Getting wrecked by the final boss in the first one, wrecking his shit in the second game was great. Fuck a new metal gear solid, give me more of this.

Also, the fact that the cool mechas had the cockpit in its rightful place? Great.

The Zone of the Enders games where great. They way you controlled Jehuty in the second game was awesome in itself. Getting wrecked by the final boss in the first one, wrecking his shit in the second game was great. Fuck a new metal gear solid, give me more of this.

Also, the fact that the cool mechas had the cockpit in its rightful place? Great.
Setting up and charging that massive cannon was my favorite part when I watched a friend play.

Might have to grab the collection here if I see it cheap!

Unintentionally pitting a whole camp of giants against a dragon in Skyrim. No words are able to describe how I felt at that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.