Moments in Video Games that actually make you sad *SPOILERS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
This thread has spoilers in it. If you do not want to read them, click out.

So, there are moments (I'm a new gamer so give me a break here) in Black Flag that make me a little sad. Not the moment when Thatch died, but one particular shanty that makes me a bit sad to hear;

Leave her Johnny Leave her.

This song tugs on my heart strings because of just the tune and tone. Makes me think of what life would be like for someone unable to come home and the relationship fails.

What about you?

Homeworld.
I bawled like a little kid.
Wait I was a little kid.
Still though, the sheer pressure of such a cataclysmic situation is all to deafening, even in the void of space.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Brovo
It may say sound silly, but the ending of Portal 2 made me very sad. If there had been another way, I would've taken it in a heartbeat.

This song expresses how I feel.

Reactions: Rainjay
This thread has spoilers in it. If you do not want to read them, click out.

So, there are moments (I'm a new gamer so give me a break here) in Black Flag that make me a little sad. Not the moment when Thatch died, but one particular shanty that makes me a bit sad to hear;

Leave her Johnny Leave her.

This song tugs on my heart strings because of just the tune and tone. Makes me think of what life would be like for someone unable to come home and the relationship fails.

What about you?

Allow me to alleviate your heart pangs. The lyrics more or less spell out that the singer is unsatisified with his current position on his ship and under the captain's rules so he's finally deciding to move onto another crew. It's not a situation like Edward and his wife.

I thought you were going to mention that bloody ending. It was a doozy haha.

Shadow of the Colossus
Whole thing.
Mainly what Wander doesn't realize happens every time he kills a colossus.
Won't spoil.

I'm also a sucker for playable, unavoidable, bad endings.
"I'm playing as the MC so he'll obviously survive right?"
"Man there really is no end to them is there?
"Oh crap, I'm getting low on HP"
"Maybe I'm supposed to- nah"
"Oh... He just..."
"WHAAAAT?"
And sad/bad-end cutscene from here on.

This was averted in Persona 3, but in a "you're technically dead" way which makes it sad.

And Demon's Souls. The atmosphere and lore made it particularly sad.

And MGS3 (the whole being abandoned and going half mad thing), and 4.

Reactions: Brovo and Jerelin
Allow me to alleviate your heart pangs. The lyrics more or less spell out that the singer is unsatisified with his current position on his ship and under the captain's rules so he's finally deciding to move onto another crew. It's not a situation like Edward and his wife.

I thought you were going to mention that bloody ending. It was a doozy haha.
I know, as said, besides what it actually means I still kind of...yeesh. Damn it makes me sad though.

Oh boy... This is going to take a while.

Last edited:
When Tobias reveals that Lock is a Clockwork. And that everybody he grew up with bar Tobias was a Clockwork. The things that make up the horde that you've been fighting for the entire game.
Children, can you spell existential crisis?

I'd beaten the story mode's boss in the games... But I didn't feel like I'd won.

I see Superman as the representation of all that's good in the world. Seeing him burn through Bill Batson's skull was... Not a very nice experience.

Of all the video game scenes, this is the one that got me bawling the most:

Dammit, just re-watching this is making tears come out of my face...

Ooh, this would be a long list if I could actually remember all the games I've played.

The entire Mass Effect series. Just, fuck, all of it. Especially the good ending if you romanced Kaidan. But man, ME was a giant feels-fest.

Assassin's Creed:
Ezio's death, though technically that wasn't in the games.
That one part where you find Yusuf in AC:R. (I nearly broke my controller in tear-filled rage)
Also when you get into the library in Masyaf.
To a certain degree, Lucy. Not that much, but a little.
Oh and Desmond. Especially the data you collect after exiting the animus thing in Black Flag.
Kidd, now Kidd, that was a character I adored. But no, bastard had to go and die.
The entire Black Flag ending.
And of course, Blackbeard.

Skyrim:
Whenever I accidentally kill a dog or companion. Except Lydia.
Brynjolf's eternal "not now lad" bug after becoming Guild Master.
When, after dragging Teldryn along for a while, I revisited Riften and met up with Marcurio again, and the first thing he said was "look what the horker dragged in". Marc was my go-to companion through the entire playthrough on that character, and he helped me defeat Alduin for the first time. So many memories, man. So much back story.

CoD:
Loose Ends, just gonna leave it at that. The soundtrack breaks me every time.

Minecraft:
Whenever a creeper blows my shit up.

Half Life series:
Too many to count, just put me out of my misery already.

Final Fantasy X- The ending.

• Love
Reactions: Fluffy
Aeris dying the first time I saw it.

Mind blown.

Now I think its funny.

i__m_proud_of_you_by_donabruja-d4ufvdm.jpg

"I'm.......proud of you."

The first ending of Red Dead Redemption. Almost rage quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.