MLP FIM: For ponies and their friends. [Setup Thread

Name: Princss Luna
-Apperance-
Race: Alicorn
Age Category: Mare (young adult) (Baby,Child,Teenager,Adult,Elder) (Alt:Baby,Filly/Colt,Mare/Stallion, Etc)
Abilities: Dreamwalking, alicorn Magic, raising the moon/stars
About: Was trapped in the moon for 1000 years. Now back and reformed, she still struggles a lot with her self image, depression, and other issues.
Other: Decided to travel to ponyville and live in Twilight's castle for a bit, wanting to learn how to be closer to her subjects. Though it's also because she cannot really stand facing Celestia or Canterlot. Too many bad memories there.

So for now she's staying with Twilight, who is helping her come out of her shell.

Name: Pixie Dust
-Apperance-
Race: Unicorn
Age Category: preteen
Abilities: none particularly
About: Pixie Dust had always enjoyed traveling around, going to hospitals and other depressing places to cheer up the people that lived there. Xe ran away from a dysfunctional foster home as a filly, and traveled Equestria looking for people to cheer up. Xe loved making people happy. Giving others the hope and happiness xe had missed out on as a filly. Letting them know someone cared about them.

But then, while exploring ponyvile, there was an accident. A boiler in the house xe had rented for the night exploded. When xe woke up in the hospital, xe found xe could no longer use magic. Xir horn had been practically shattered by the explosion, and the doctors had to remove the shattered pieces still stuck to her head.

It also paralyzed xir front right hoof.

Now, xe has been discharged from the hospital and assigned a small house in ponyville to stay in until xe recovers and finds a place to stay.

But this preteen now has to learn how to live without magic, the thing xe had relied on for so long.

It will be hard. Can xe find friends that will support xir?

Other: xe/xir/xirs/zirself pronouns. Pixie Dust is gender fluid

Pixie Dust does not have a cutie mark, something xe is ashamed of as people always made fun of xir for being a preteen but still not having one yet.

Pixie Dust is magenta, with a deep purple braided-to-one-side long mane, with golden color strands here and there.

Xe wears a brace on xir paralyzed leg. It doesn't help much, and xe has to constantly watch xir balance or xe will fall forward. It is very hard for xir to balance, but the doctors have not figured out a solution yet to help xir move around.

Though Pixie Dust is rather irritable about the major changes, xe really does need friends to help xir through this.

Sure, why not xD.

think we got enough characters for a while now.

Not that all have posted more than once yet

A pony roleplay? I won't be joining, but I will be watching. Just wanted to say that.

mlfw11073_small.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Since Game Token would most likely not be apart of this, I'm thinking of making Auria single for this RP ^^' Originally, her bracelet had no charm, I just like bracelets so Auria wore them. But I added the charm when I wanted her more personalized. The charm could just represent a really good friend ^^ I'm thinking about this because I made her so much based off myself, there's not much room for in universe growth until I myself grow. But if I take some things away that I implicated to include my own life, it might do her better and may actually give me inspiration for her backstory. I dunno, though. .. What do you guys think? I mean, I'm thinking of adding various quirks, emphasizing some parts of her personality, giving her some flaws I struggled with in the past, etc. Just this one is probably the biggest change so I want a second opinion ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i think making a character around yourself sound cool. ^^

Well i think making a character around yourself sound cool. ^^
She's still mostly going to be made from me if I decide to do some changes ^^ I just what her to have some characterization, but having her almost completely off of me seems to prevent that. I just originally made her for YouTube. But I'm not sure if I want to change anything yet ^^'

Well a ponysona seems rather cool. I made Vincent after a less shy myself. With a bit more luck I guess xD

Reactions: AnastiaCrest01
I think I'm going to give her the changes ^^ It might make her more relatable to me, since I tend to relate to characters based off of myself with some differences ^^ I may add some quirks and such, but yeah, I think I'll go ahead with the changes. Everything is basically going to sty the same, the changes will be more apparent in my writing, but I think it'll be worth it ^^ I guess that's all it came down to lol How well I relate to the character, and how well I can play that role. I seem more inspired if a character I make isn't exactly like me, because it gives me more room. I first made her completely based off of me because of YouTube, but after seeing some videos where people gave their OCs their own shtick, I realized by making her completely based off of me, I'm not making her as I like her to be, so I'm not able to relate very well. If that makes sense... ^^'

It makes sense, just like me, your basing your character around how you like to be rather than how you are exactly.

Which make them more interessting to play.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I do have a question, which now that I think of it should have been asked earlier, but what period is this RP in? It's apparent that it's after Season 3, in which Twi becomes a princess. But is it during season four, with the Golden Oak Library, or during Season 5 when the library (I guess? Hadn't really been explained yet) is located in Twilight's castle? Just curious ^^ It helps with me being able to picture everything better.

I'm so sorry for my delayed reply, I got swept up in the different people posting and all the others joining.

I updated Auria's image and edited some things about her if anyone's interested ^^
As for the slightly off colors, I couldn't get them right on the color wheel. I used Paint.Net to make it, and I'm still new ^^' I got them as close as possible, but I personally like this color pallet more. Now I just need to remember to make a color guide....

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so sorry for my delayed reply, I got swept up in the different people posting and all the others joining.

That's okay, I do understand the feeling and we sure have a lot of people now xD

---

I updated Auria's image and edited some things about her if anyone's interested ^^
As for the slightly off colors, I couldn't get them right on the color wheel. I used Paint.Net to make it, and I'm still new ^^' I got them as close as possible, but I personally like this color pallet more. Now I just need to remember to make a color guide....

That's great, ill go check it out.