MLP FIM: For ponies and their friends. [Setup Thread

@Zarko Straadi, about the fact that you used black as your text colour.... for those of us who use the black background for this site it is impossible to read that only you highlight over it...... Would you mind changing the colour to something a bit more neutral?
@EternalMusic

I wouldn't mind at all. Do you know of a color that's easily legible on all of the background settings? It seems that no matter which background setting I choose, somebody's colors are illegible and need to be highlighted (i.e., if I choose Light, then the white, yellow, etc. text is unreadable, if I choose Dark, then black text (like mine) and other dark colors are unreadable, and if I choose Medium or Medium Light (my current setting) then "middle" colors, like pink and light blue, are hard to read. IOW, if I change my text color to something that reads well with your background setting, I'd like to avoid becoming illegible to other people, if possible. :)

Since we need more stallions...

Name: Thunder Bolt

-Apperance-

7f545ac66cf15539b0c7062d27a64888.png

Race: Pegasus

Age Category: Teenage stallion
Abilities: Flight (not as fast as Rainbow Dash, but skilled with maneuvers and tricks). His special talent is the ability to "ride" lightning bolts surfer/snowboarder style (see "Other" below).

About:

Thunder Bolt's most obvious personality trait is high energy. He loves to make a grand entrance, and when the opportunity presents itself, a theatrical exit. He punctuates his speech with exclamations like "Bam!" "Pow!" and "Booyah!" Patience isn't his strong suit. Whatever it is, he wants to get on with it, already!

Thunder Bolt is cocky-to-overconfident, but in a genial, enthusiastic way. He's not out to show anypony up--not on purpose, anyway. He loves to show off his lightning-riding tricks and athletic ability, out of pure love of sport rather than competitiveness. "Booyah! Dude, did you see that? That was sweeeet!" He enjoys doing weather control, though he tends to irritate the supervisors with his (literally) flashy (as in, lightning-flashy) style.

He is very protective of his "little" brother Thunder Cloud (actually his twin, born just after him), and of anypony who is small and weak. He stands up to bullies without hesitation, though he tries to talk them down and doesn't hit first.

Thunder Bolt loves to flirt with pretty mares. His "technique" can be ridiculously over-the-top sometimes. His electric enthusiasm and show-off tendencies get dialed up to 11 in the presence of a mare he likes.

He's not the smartest pony around, especially when it comes to all that stuff in books. His brother got all the brains.

Thunder Bolt was born in Cloudsdale with his twin brother Thunder Cloud. Together they're the "Thunder Twins." His father, Thunderstrike, is in the Royal Guard. His mother Sunny Day is a spectrum-mixer in the rainbow factory. The boys have close, loving relationships with their parents. Thunder Bolt and his father have a running gag in which Thunderstrike "insists" in various ways that Thunder Cloud will follow in his hoofsteps, and Thunder Cloud reacts with exaggerated fear: "Nnnooooooo! I'd have to stand around all day! I'm tellin' ya dad, Celestia would hate me! I'd totally play with that weird mane and tail of hers, I couldn't help it!" "Oh, no, son, Celestia is remarkably patient. You'll see. When you're a Guard, you'll learn discipline! You'll be able to hold your Guard Face no matter what anypony does! Lemme see your Guard Face!" *moan, roll-eyes*

His mother is quiet and serene, seemingly too slow to keep up with him as he runs circles around her and roughhouses. Yet, when she speaks to him in that tone of voice, he's abashed and contrite, and quick to obey.

When he and Thunder Cloud were blank-flank foals, Thunder Bolt cajoled his brother into flying out into a thunderstorm for the excitement of it. To his horror, a lightning bolt struck Thunder Cloud, sending him spiraling down toward the hard ground below. Thunder Bolt dove after him, flying as fast as he could. Then there was another, louder peal of lightning. This one too, was headed straight for Thunder Cloud. Thunder Bolt kicked at it with his hind legs to try and knock it away. Instead, its crackling tendrils wrapped around his hooves, carrying him down with it. Flailing for balance with his front hooves, he barely managed to steer it aside, catching Thunder Cloud as he passed. He rode the bolt to the ground with his brother in his arms, earning his cutie mark.

In school, he earned low-to-middle marks, but did manage to eke out a graduation. He joined the weather patrol, and stayed with it ever since. He divides his spare time between friends, flirting with mares, and practicing lightning-riding and stunt flying.

Other:

Thunder Bolt is a fast and nimble flier, but he's not quite in Rainbow Dash's league. His real forte is "lightning riding." He dives toward a thunder cloud and lands on it with his back hooves, dispersing the cloud but unleashing its lightning, which he rides snowboarder/surfer style. He can use sky "terrain" (clouds, whirlwinds, etc.) for jumps, half-pipes, rails, etc.. Like a snowboarder, he gains speed with steep descent, and loses it by carving or "climbing" upward. When the bolt reaches the ground, he lands on his hooves with a thunderclap and a flash of light.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnastiaCrest01
@EternalMusic

I wouldn't mind at all. Do you know of a color that's easily legible on all of the background settings? It seems that no matter which background setting I choose, somebody's colors are illegible and need to be highlighted (i.e., if I choose Light, then the white, yellow, etc. text is unreadable, if I choose Dark, then black text (like mine) and other dark colors are unreadable, and if I choose Medium or Medium Light (my current setting) then "middle" colors, like pink and light blue, are hard to read. IOW, if I change my text color to something that reads well with your background setting, I'd like to avoid becoming illegible to other people, if possible. :)
Unless they changed it, there should be an option to make the text have no color ^^ Or in other words, it'll adjust to the background. It's usually the default text. On the black background it will be white, and on the white background, it will be black.

• Thank You
Reactions: Zarko Straadi
@EternalMusic

OK, I've tried switching my text to "no color." Is it readable now?

Edit: I've changed my cs' and Nightshade's post to "no color."

Last edited:
Name: Thunder Cloud
-Appearance--

ThunderTwinscopy_zpsedd0d4b5.png

(sorry, I don't have a vector image of Thunder Cloud, so this is the concept drawing for both brothers)

Age Category: Teenage stallion
Abilities: Flight (he's not very good at it). He is highly intelligent and good at science and mathematics. He also has an uncanny knack for being hit by lightning.

About:

Thunder Cloud is bookish, shy, and awkward. After his brother rescued him (see Thunder Bolt's bio), his received his cutie mark: what appears to be a stylized image of a pegasus being struck by lightning. "My 'special talent' is being hit by lightning? Really?!"

Since lightning does have a way of finding him when he and it are in the sky at the same time, he spends most of his time in libraries and (when anypony lets him) laboratories. He's a bit clumsy and jittery, especially when there are thunder clouds in the area. He's very awkward around mares, especially ones he likes. He hasn't really found his place yet, and is afraid he never will.

Other:

Thunder Cloud does not know it yet, but his cutie mark has a double meaning: he can develop the ability to draw, generate, store, and control lightning. Should he master this ability, it would serve him well as a weather pony (especially helping to protect other ponies from thunderstorms) or as a member of the Royal Guard.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
@Ookami I'd be happy to do an interaction between one of your charries and Auria ^^ I just went to the library because it seemed most ponies who could see the fire would.

@AnastiaCrest01
That sounds reasonable enough. You can choose who you'd like to RP with out my four, I don't really mind since they're all open.

@AnastiaCrest01
That sounds reasonable enough. You can choose who you'd like to RP with out my four, I don't really mind since they're all open.
Sorry, didn't get a notification about your response ^^' I'm good with whichever you want to use, if you have a preference. I might end up choosing one at random if you don't ^^'

@Iatos Might I say, I still adore Vincent XD His flirtatious personality is hilarious ^^ I may have to bring Sweet Beats back into this so she can follow Vincent's lead, but in a teasing way x3

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Random is fine by me. I actually tend to like random cause it's surprising and fun at the same time.

Well he's based on a bit more non-shy myself xD
I get it ^^ Auria is based off myself. Sweet Beats is based off another side of myself, mostly when I listen to music. But Sweet Beats laid back personality and sense of humor would be hilarious with Vincent ' s outgoing and flirtatious nature ^^ Not sure if I'll add her, but I may.

Yeah, thought we sure have quite a lot of characters now xD

Yeah, thought we sure have quite a lot of characters now xD
Well if I make Sweet and Lucky, they'd be side characters XD Especially since Lucky would be in Manehattan.

I guesss so ^^

Well added pictures for Bane and Ashton for those interested.

Bane's picture is Hood off but he normally have it up.

I'll post once I'm done with school tonight ^^

@Iatos

I'm not sure what to do with a 3-hour time-skip right in the middle of a conversation, so I stopped with Nightshade's reply. I'll leave it to you to narrate what happened afterward. :)

Oh no, just assume three-ish hours passed while they walked and talked xD

And in the duration of it all. Kinda it's not meant as a time skip.

Just more like a time passing on thing.