Mistaken Sights

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
"No...I can't go back to sleep now." she said with a soft sigh, shifting and placing her arm under her head, her ear resting on her elbow. "Are you okay?" she asked, a flicker of worry crossing her face.

"No." He reported bluntly. He leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees. "Are you?" he asked.

Mya sighed softly. "Not really...I..I'm scared." she said, her eyes looking at the floor of the cart. "I'm just scared.."

"Yeah, me too..." He looked to his right at the door into the compartment then back to Mya. "I keep getting these thoughts... that just go round and round in my head, that I can't get rid of."

Mya sat up. "Do you want to speak them?" she asked softly, refraining from reaching out and touching him.

"Oh it's all sorts, pessimistic stuff." He said with a forced smile, his attempt to deflect the question, he regretted speaking of his intrusive thoughts. He still wondered if his colleagues were still alive.

Mya started to say something, but nodded. "Okay..hey...it'll be okay..I promise." she set her hand on his. "My father..he's worked there a long time. They'll be cleaning up and no one else is going to get hurt...okay?" she said quietly, trying to comfort him. She could tell he was bothered by his thoughts.

"Where the hell was he, then?" Leon asked bluntly.

Mya looked down. "Upstairs." she said quietly, flinching slightly as his bluntness. "He called me before I got on the train..he said they had evacuated..I.." she sighed and pulled her knees back up, hugging them close. "He said they had it..but he disowned me. He said everything was under control..." She closed her eyes, hiding her face. "I'm going back to sleep."

"I'm sorry to hear that... So, we're not running away cos we're in danger then?"

Mya didn't answer at first. "But..the cops still think we did it.." she said before going silent again. She wasn't going to speak after that.

"Well, we did assault a few of them and may as well have killed one." He murmured. "So, it's all under control then? But I'm a fugitive. What the hell were the army shooting at then?"

Mya glanced up, questioning. Her face barely visible, but her eyes where red, her face glistening slightly from the salty tears. She sighed softly, shrugging and laying on her side, hiding her face behind her arms as she tried to go back to sleep. Sleep, however, stayed as far as possible.

He looked over at her, then down at the floor. He took a moment to speak again. "I'm sorry. I'm just tired. So why don't we go back and just... explain ourselves? I mean, we've got judges and juries for a reason. You'll probably be flown back to Europe for trail."

Mya bit her lip. "X204. File X204. It means we have no jury." She pulled a small slip of paper from her pocket. It had a section on it labeled X204.

'X204- Any rooms 200+ on floor X are considered tresspassed unless you have an A29 badge, given to MDs. 204 is off limits to all, Beta testing LTN, deadly. If caught trespassing, you will be shot or arrested. No Trial, no questions.'

Her hand was shaking as she read it. "LTN. Lethal Toxin Neutralization..the boy." Her eyes flickered up. "They have this snaked into every contract on the premises..it says no trial so no one can put evidence against them." She shivered, looking at the door. She put a finger over her mouth to say quiet. Someone was coming down the hall..