1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Adaptable
Genres
romance. angst. drama. modern. fantasy. supernatural. adventure. crime. period pieces.
MISS SPIDER'S TALES
What defines a monster?

What distinguishes a man from a beast?

How are people so different? And are they people when they are not human?

Their voices have been silenced, but these are questions often asked and loosely answered. They say the truth varies based on the person and the life they have lived and learned from. But one can gain an understanding and answer without having to live through a certain experience.

One can simply hear a story and arrive at a conclusion. And I have many stories to tell. Melodramatic, terrifying, heart-wrenching, blood-curdling, and despairing stories. Stories of kings and queens, of beings that once were and never were, folks that have been defeated, and lost, and others who have conquered, and prevailed on, many who have transformed, and weaklings who squirm.

Yes, I have many tales to share with you, child. You will get what you seek, or you will find something you never knew you were looking for.

So sit, child, there's no place else for you to go. Sit and choose a story; it will reveal all. Listen closely to Miss Spider's tales.

PICK YOUR POISON

BLACK ROSE CHATEAU​
1987 - A family of seven moves into a new house after a previous traumatic event, looking to start anew in a new town. They inherited the house after their estranged great-grandfather (the previous owner) passed away. Strange things are going on in the walls, beneath the floorboards, and in the piping, and they're soon to find out what.
Character Slots: 6/7

WHISPERING WOODS​
2034 — It is nearing the end of summer break, which will make a group of friends go their separate ways again. They decide to spend their last days on a memorable camping trip. When they lose their way back, however, they discover how treacherous the forest and its inhabitants can be.
Character Slots: 6/6 FULL

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Creepy
Reactions: wren. and peach
OOC
HOW TO JOIN?
Follow these Steps!
  1. Express interest in these roleplays by posting in this thread! Let me know which roleplay you'd like to join and I'll give you a character slot.
  2. If you are a new member to this realm, please go through the Applying to Citizenship thread to familiarize yourself with the world.
  3. Join the Discord if you have not already, and join the members of this RP in the roleplay's associates channel. OOC chatter will take place both in the channel and this thread, but members are generally more active on Discord.

Each of these short stories is meant to be individual roleplays. Please only participate in one and create only one character for now. I may allow people to join another and/or make a second character in the future, depending. New and current roleplayers to the realm are welcome to partake in any of these Spooktober roleplays!

The GM posts will be written as the narrator/storyteller, Miss Spider. There are no set endings and outcomes; the story will be molded by the characters' choices, characterization (including their species), and relationships. Therefore the story is created by the players just as much as the narrator.

The rules for these roleplays are the same as the rules for the realm as a whole.

Because this is a seasonal event and these roleplays are meant to be shortstories, each roleplay will last until December 1st with a posting speed of once a week minimum. There is no required posting length; write as little or as much as you'd like. I just ask that it gives enough for myself and other players to work with in response.

Finally, to issue a warning, these are horror and mystery roleplays and may include dark themes that may make some uncomfortable. I will add warnings in my GM posts, but everyone should be aware of this. It also means that some of the characters made for these roleplays may die.

• Love
  • Creepy
Reactions: wren. and peach
I'd love a spot in Sortes Qui Facit!

• Creepy
Reactions: wren. and MaryGold
I would like to take part in the Whispering Woods

• Creepy
Black Rose Chateau looks like my kind of claustrophobic Gothic horror. I'd love to participate.

• Creepy
I would also like to stick my face in Black Rose Chateau :D

• Creepy
Heyo, I'll love to join and be part of the Black Rose Chateau plot

• Creepy
Add me on Black Rose Chateau.

• Creepy
Sign me up for Sortes Qui FacitIMG_6500.jpg

• Creepy
I've been looking for something exactly like Sortes Qui Facit. I'd love to be a part of it.

• Creepy
Reactions: wren.
MOVING ON!
A week has passed since the announcement of this event! Before the month ends, it is time to get things rolling. To hopefully fill in most of these roles, I am now allowing members to join more than one RP (including BCR which I previously placed on hold for Discord members). However, you will still only be allowed to take a single slot to create one character and be responsible for posting once a week for each of the characters you create.

Because these are small RPs, I have made a simple character sheet for participants. All character sheets be posted by October 27th 12AM CST in their respective character threads. Once I approve them, the RPs will begin on October 29th and/or 30th. Happy Spooktober!

NAME:

SPECIES:
POWERS:
LIMITATIONS

APPEARANCE:

PERSONALITY:
FEARS/PHOBIAS:
HEALTH CONDITION/S:

BRIEF BACKGROUND:

EXTRA: (Optional. However, you may ad things like majors or any important info that is specific to the RP they are part of)

OKAY I was talked into it! I would like to join Whispering Woods ;o

• Creepy
Reactions: MaryGold and wren.
I think I'm gonna join Black Rose Chateau and Whispering Woods, Mary!

• Creepy
Reactions: MaryGold and wren.
On further consideration I have decided to pass on this. It looks like a lot of fun but I've fallen far enough behind that I'm not sure I'm prepared to keep a pace of once a week, and frankly I don't need to add another thing to my plate. Have fun everyone!