Mirai Nikki Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyy Namosaka

So I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a group rp based on Mirai Nikki/Future Diary. If you don't know what it is:

Twelve people are chosen by the god of space and time to participate in a survival game. They're each given a diary (could be on the phone, notebook, anything like that) that can tell the future. It updates regularly and each functions differently. (Ex. One could tell them various ways to escape future situations while another could tell the future of their lover instead of their own.) The point is to kill everyone else and the last one standing becomes the new god. If at any point the diary says Dead End, it means you're supposed to die then but actions can change the future, hence why it updates itself. Killing can happen normally or by destroying someone's diary.

Last edited by a moderator:
How would the future-reading mechanics work for an RP?
It's sort of over-powered, and players would contradict themselves rather quickly.

I'm thinking that everyone can set what it says for normal stuff since, they can change it if they'd like. But with the Dead Ends, Me or Sodika Whopsika would let them know when they get one and determine if their actions would counteract it.

I think he means that the diaries would be overpowered and would be a problem.... one could just make it so their Diary can make it so it reads who dies in the future and if its so happens to be them self they can take measurements to prevent it, or could have a diary the reveals the location of all other diary users. As much as I like the anime this RP doesn't seem like it would fly all that well

Also, at any point, if someone wants to target someone or be targeted for a Dead End, just tell me or Sodika and we'll work out the details with those involved.

I think he means that the diaries would be overpowered and would be a problem.... one could just make it so their Diary can make it so it reads who dies in the future and if its so happens to be them self they can take measurements to prevent it, or could have a diary the reveals the location of all other diary users. As much as I like the anime this RP doesn't seem like it would fly all that well

I see what you mean but Deus stays out of the game itself and he created the diaries, so those two problems shouldn't happen. But what if I had a list of possible diaries for players to choose from so that wouldn't happen?

I see what you mean but Deus stays out of the game itself and he created the diaries, so those two problems shouldn't happen. But what if I had a list of possible diaries for players to choose from so that wouldn't happen?
Virtually all iterations of future sight objects are OP, unless said actions are seldom preventable. Ie, not what happens in Future Diary

Ya, good point. I'll have to talk to Sodika, see if we can figure something else out.

If everyone has this OP object, then it isn't OP. Just throwing a couple cents in.

• Love
Reactions: Kyy Namosaka
After a little thinking, multiple points of futuresight might get a little confusing. It's more of confusing than OP.

Ah! What if the participants, if engaging in combat, would PM the GM about their initial action plans, so that the fortunetelling can be conveyed based on which actions to take?

That's what I was thinking when I mentioned Dead Ends being Mine or Sodika's call on how it went.

After a little thinking, multiple points of futuresight might get a little confusing. It's more of confusing than OP.

Ah! What if the participants, if engaging in combat, would PM the GM about their initial action plans, so that the fortunetelling can be conveyed based on which actions to take?
Wouldn't that get extremely cluttered and difficult for the OP to sort through?

It doesn't matter much now anyway actually. My co-GM is leaving the site for a bit and I'm trying to cut back on rps cuz of life. But if anyone wants to take this over, feel free.

Status
Not open for further replies.