Migma

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the next couple of weeks, Jexel forced himself to remain active, sustaining his sanity through pure labor. He woke up at sunrise to sprint above and below the trees until he collapsed, and his afternoons were taken up by practice of magic. The blaze that consumed his inner self was released more and more every day. Even so, he learned to gain control over these flames and use them to his advantage. Changing the form of the fire he used became far easier as time passed, even getting to the point of being able to change his entire state of matter. Using the heat of the blaze, Jexel found he could fly extremely high up. Controlling himself in the air proved to be an issue, but he would figure it out with time. He would practice all sorts of things, new and old, until he broke down in mental exhaustion and fell asleep. Then the cycle would continue day by day, the only thing keeping him attentive, and possibly alive, was the thought of seeing Isabelle again. By the end of two weeks, his muscles were torn to shreds, his bones had been ground to fibers, and overall physical condition, though healthier than ever, was overexerted and in severe pain. However, his mind had been reformed, stronger, faster, and brighter. The pacing of his power over magic increased dramatically, as had his control. He felt like he could do anything...as soon as he could move again. So there he laid in the middle of the burnt down meadow, simply breathing in the smell of absolute hellfire that had occurred there, and watching the stars blink in and out of sight.

The following week was Isabelle's first series of tests since her father placed her on lock down. She was very nervous and had studied hard for the past week for them...well not as hard as she should have. She was also concentrating heavily on water magic. She was proud of herself, after a week she made a ripple appear in the water glass yesterday. The success boosted her confidence and all she wanted to do was run into the wilderness and celebrate with Jexel. She thought about him daily and wondered what he was up to. The trees were still standing so she knew he hadn't burnt anything down but she wanted to get to him. Her father walked her to class and wished her luck on her examinations. All the exams were computer based, producing immediate results once the exams were complete. There were four exams in total that consumed the entire day. Isabelle's father was waiting anxiously outside when she emerged from the school, head bowed. "Oh no." her father said sadly but Isabelle immediately perked up, opened her eyes wide and said "OH YES! I PASSED EVERY SINGLE ONE!" Her father gave her a big hug and congratulated her on her efforts. "Daddy...call off your henchmen. I did it. Please." Her father was reluctant but with a nod he gave the signal to Carl to tell everyone their work was complete. Isabelle embraced her father hard and thanked him. "I'm going to Regina's, see you later ok?" Her father obliged and Isabelle began walking in the direction of Regina's house. When her father was a safe distance away, Isabelle altered her course and headed straight into the wilderness.

Jexel laid immobile next to their tree. He had to drag himself there, and it took the whole morning to do it. Pain wracked him to the bone as he clenched his teeth and closed his eyes. He desperately missed Isabelle at his side, but he had worn himself out enough to prevent any unnecessary outbursts. It was a good plan, but he knew that he wouldn't be able to keep it up for much longer. His breathing was heavy, and his vision was blurred by exhaustion. I'll rest today, then it's back to work tomorrow... He thought to himself, leaning his head back to rest on the tree. Every fiber of his being practically screamed for a moment of stillness, so Jexel obliged, sleeping softly against the bark of what came to be his favorite tree of the wilderness.

Isabelle took her time as she walked in the wilderness. She was so happy her punishment had been lifted, she couldn't wait to see Jexel and tell him all about it. She missed him so much and was becoming increasingly more excited at the thought of seeing him once again after such a long time. Isabelle finally reached the tree and saw Jexel laying underneath it sleeping. Did he come here every day to wait for her? He was amazing. She attempted to make the least amount of noise possible. She crept slowly towards him. He looked so cute sleeping she thought to herself. She bent low over him and kissed him softly, "Wake up sleepy head."

Jexel opened his eyes wide at the sound of her voice. "Oh! Isabe-GAHH!" He cried as he tried to get up to embrace her. In the moment, he had completely forgotten how sore he was. A slow, pained moan emanated from him as he slowly leaned back again. "Ooowwww.... Hey, do ya think you could settle down here? I...I can barely lift my arms at the moment." He chuckled, looking up at her happily. After adjusting his neck on the bark behind him, he continued. "So, did you sneak out again? Are you still punished? Where's your wig? What happened? I want to know everything!" His questions came rapid fire, but it was all for fun. He was just glad to see his girlfriend again, and he couldn't help but grin at the thought.

She smiled at him and obliged. She sat in between his legs and leaned her head against his chest. "I didn't sneak out...well I kinda did...my dad thinks I went to Regina's house but I made a slight detour" she said with a small chuckle. "I took my tests today and I passed every single one! I'm so excited! And since I passed, my dad lifted my punishment! Isn't that great?! So no need for wigs and sunglasses, just me. Unless you prefer red heads, I think I can arrange to change my hair color" she joked. "I missed you sooo much Jex and I'm so happy we are finally together again but what's up with you? Why are you so beat up? Are you ok?" She was concerned about him, hoping that he was ok and hadn't gotten himself into any serious trouble. The trees and leaves looked ok. They weren't scorched or charred...so why was he in such pain?

"Thats great! I knew you could do it! Oh, and don't even think about changing anything about you to look like Regina. She already scares me enough." Jexel said with a laugh accompanied with another moan. "Oof...I kept myself busy these past two weeks too. It was all I knew to do to keep myself...not deadly, I guess? Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, never literally sprint until you drop...ever. It's probably the most painful thing I've undergone that wasn't an injury, and I've dealt with that too." Chuckling at his own misfortune, he did his best to hold Isabelle in his arms. He rested the side of his face in her hair as the day's breeze swept across the two of them. He was sad not to be up in the branches again, but being so close to her was all he could have asked of the moment. Closing his eyes to enjoy the serenity of the moment, he began to purr out of happiness.

Isabelle enjoyed the feeling of Jexel's arms around her and lifted her head so the side of her cheek rested on the side of his. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the breeze that caressed them. Isabelle just wanted to stay in Jexel's arms forever. If she could just stay here with him and never let go, then she would be happy. Adjusting her face upwards again she kissed him gently, she didn't want him exerting too much energy but she couldn't get enough of his kisses. "I can't get enough of you, you know that?" she started to say when she came up for a breath. "I like you so much. I just want to see you all the time. I don't want to be apart for too long." She enjoyed their time together but she found herself wishing there was some way they could be together for longer.

Jexel did his best to accommodate Isabelle's wishes, happy to have her in his arms again. "I know... If only..." He said, more to himself that to her. "If only we could just...run away..." It was obvious that his mind was elsewhere, trying to fathom an entirely free life with Isabelle. Shaking his head to bring himself back to reality, he continued, once again focusing on Isabelle. "I-I mean, what can we do right now? I can't even begin to think of what your father would do if he knew about us...I-I can't think of what I would do... Oh, why can't humans just approve of half-breeds, like you?" He looked into her eyes, giving her another long kiss before relaxing his head back again. "There just has to be a way..." Jexel thought aloud, letting his body grow lax in the light of midday.

"Running away does sound nice..." she said to herself. She had contemplated running away with him before but she wondered if the effects of her running away would be more detrimental than helpful. "My father would come looking for me though, with every man in town and who knows what else to bring me back." She didn't even want to entertain the thought of what extreme measure her father would pull to bring her back home. What would he do to Jexel if he knew about him? No, she couldn't think about this. She just pressed into Jexel just wanting to be near him. "Hey...I've never seen your little tent, house..where you sleep thing. Need me to help you get there? I don't think you should try to get there alone today...besides I want to see where you spend your nights."

"Yeah, I'd appreciate the help, but I hope you don't expect too much. It's hardly worth calling a tent." Jexel said with a sigh. Being so immobile was frustrating to him, but he would need all the help he could get to move a muscle. Attempting to get on his feet, he moved his arms and legs slowly. Each small amount of movement he made shot pain through all his limbs, but he persisted, determined to do more than simply have Isabelle drag him around. Gritting his teeth was the only way he could cope with the stress that his muscled were under as he leaned on Isabelle for support. "Sorry to make you do some heavy lifting. I really hoped you wouldn't see me this way, especially after my last injury. Maybe it's just because I don't want to move when you're near me." He smiled at her, doing his best to guide the way to his little sleeping arrangement. It was only a short walk, but each step was like a mile to Jexel. After a while, they arrived at his home, a decent sized dome of intricately woven branches and leaves. A small hole was carved out for him to enter, but there wasn't too much else to observe. A small fire pit lay in front of the little hut, and the smell of charred meat wafted through the air from inside. He had to force himself not to drool at the thought of food, especially now. "So...what do you think?"

Isabelle helped Jexel get to his feet, hearing him grunt with pain as they walked towards Jexel's little home. It wasn't very far away but she hated that he had worked himself to the point that he couldn't move. She didn't mind helping him, after all, she had dragged him from the tree back to her house. Helping him get to his home was a piece of cake. She smiled at his comment, "Don't worry about it. If it were up to me we would lay down and never move from each other's arms." When they arrived at Jexel's home, Isabelle was impressed. Making sure he was ok, she walked over to the dome, tracing the outline of intricately woven branches and leaves. A perfect shield from the elements she thought. Getting on her hands and knees, she crawled inside the hole he had carved for an entrance. It was small inside but spacious enough for the two of them if they wanted to. She poked her head out of the hole quickly, "This is awesome! It's not a tree house but this is pretty cool. You're pretty awesome having made this all by yourself. You just need a girls touch in here and its perfect! Come in, let's see how we fit inside together." She motioned for him to come along and entered back inside the dome.

Jexel laughed and rubbed the back of his head. "Well, I remember a lot from my mom. She used to weave in her spare time, so I picked up a few tricks." At Isabelle's motioning, he made his way to the entrance and poked his head inside. "Ya know, it isn't exactly made for two. It'll be a tight fit for both of us." He chuckled, crawling in with her. After getting comfortable, he continued speaking. "I'm glad you like it though. I may just have to add to it sometime. It gets pretty cramped in here when... ehh, I'll just say cooking is a hassle and leave it at that. But what do you mean by a girl's touch? Is it not pretty enough for you?" He joked, motioning to a couple of flowers that were sown into the weave of branches above them. "Besides, this is supposed to be temporary. Aside from the occasional squirrel or rabbit unlucky enough to find itself here, you're the only living person who will see it." Jexel pawed at the blanket of leaves that padded the floor, thinking about what he would do to expand his little home in the future.

She smiled at Jexel, "I don't mind it being cramped in here. I like being close to you. This just forces us to be closer." She said as she cuddled closer into him, burying her face into his chest, enjoying the smell of his skin and feel of his soft fur. She had noticed the few flowers woven into the top, "that's not enough flowers. My side needs to have some more. I mean if I'm going to run away with you one day...I need to be comfortable and happy...flowers make me happy. I would like it if you added to it...maybe we can spend the night together. I'm sure Regina would cover for me...if you want I mean. I don't want to invade your sleeping space too much." Isabelle stroked his face lightly, pulling his lower lip down slightly revealing his fangs, "So you rip the heads off baby squirrels huh?" she joked. "Hope they're delicious." She smiled at him. He had to eat, she knew this and it didn't bother her. Humans ate rabbit too and other animals, they just processed and cooked them differently but the result was still the same. You eat to feed yourself. If he needed to eat a squirrel or a rabbit, then he needed to eat. She would never judge him for it. Perhaps one day he could show her how to hunt and cook her own meal. "Oh and I better be the only person that sees it. No one gets to spend the night with you, except me."

Jexel blushed at her suggestion, and smiled shyly. "O-Of course I wouldn't mind, but it will take some time to string together...and I'll make sure to add a bunch of flowers, just for you." He blushed even harder when she teased him about the squirrel thing. "That might be going a bit to far, insinuating I eat babies...often. Besides, they're hardly worth much for my diet. The deer around here are much better game." Just the thought of the hunt made Jexel's mouth water. It was the only instinct of his that he truly embraced. Without it, he would have died long ago. His eyes glazed over at the thought of cooked veal, and he began to realize just how hungry he was. His stomach growled angrily at him, but he simply chuckled. "I might be a little bit hungry...just a thought. What about you? If you're gonna spend the night with this wild-cat, you might want to get used to the food. It's not exactly five stars." He laughed, beginning to stretch his arms to shake out some of the pain.

Her eyes opened wide, "YES! Please, show me. I want to see how you hunt and how you cook and how you eat! I don't even know why I'm so excited about this," she laughed. "Come on, you gotta teach me how to live off the land. We can't run away if I don't know what I'm doing out here." She was mentioning running away a lot now. Was she really going to run away with him if it came down to it? Would she leave everyone behind for him? Isabelle wasn't even sure she loved him yet and she was thinking about running away with him. She still wanted to learn to hunt and survive off the wilderness. If anything, it was a good survival tactic in case of any emergencies. It was a little harder to get out of the hole once they were inside. Isabelle climbed on top of Jexel and blushed a bright red, "Sorry...umm...just trying to get out." she apologized as she scooted lower until she was outside the hole. She waited for Jexel outside, nerves in her stomach acting up again. She had never felt like this for anyone before. She had a few boyfriends in her time but none made her feel the way Jexel did.

Jexel laughed happily when Isabelle reacted so excitedly, and he laughed even harder when she started clamoring over him to get out. He didn't make mention of how often she spoke of running away, but he did notice it. "Alright, alright! Just give me a second to get out of here. I'm still sore, ya know?" He said as he fit himself out of the entrance and slowly stood up. After doing a bit of stretching, he turned to Isabelle with a big grin on his face. "I hope you aren't opposed to a bit of blood, because it's always the case in a hunt." His eyes sharpened, showing how focused he was on the matter at hand. His head tilted up as he took a quick sniff of the air, and it quickly came back down to look at Isabelle. "Come on! There's something over here!" He exclaimed, grabbing her hand and dragging her off. He slowed his pace and made sure he was gentle, but his eagerness showed through his entire body. Slowing to a stop, Jexel motioned to her to duck out of sight from the buck that was right in front of them. After getting positioned behind a bush, he gave Isabelle a quick kiss and whispered. "I dunno if you'll want to kiss me for a while after this. It takes time to clean blood off of bone, ya know?" With that, he stalked off, all four paws treading silently on the grass. Getting close enough to pounce, all of his muscles tensed up visibly, showing off just how much he had done the past few weeks. With a graceful leap, he landed on the buck's back and sank his teeth into the soft flesh of the neck. Sticking his claws into it's heart, it only took a few seconds to bring it down with a thud. "You can come out now!" He exclaimed, cleaning off his claws on the ground and flossing his fangs of blood and fur with a piece of grass.

Isabelle was so excited to be hunting with Jexel right now. She followed closely behind him as he sniffed the air, locating a nearby buck. That wasn't going to work for her but..ok. She watched him as he stalked his prey silently, crouching low on all four legs until he was ready to pounce. She hid in the bushes and watched the action happen. Jexel leaped on the animal and took it down quickly, digging his fangs into the neck and claws into the heart. He called her over to him once he had killed the buck. Isabelle walked slowly towards it, examining the beast the lay still on the ground. It was amazing to have witnessed such a sight and she was impressed at Jexel's abilities. "Nice work wild cat. So...you've basically shown me that if we were to live in the wilderness, I have to depend on you to bring down our food? If you haven't noticed, I don't have a keen sense of smell, long claws and long fangs." She sat next to him as he cleaned his fur from the blood, "At least tell me you don't skin the thing with your claws too. At least teach me that." She wasn't sure why she wanted to learn. Perhaps she just wanted to seem independent. She always did things on her own and she wanted to learn to take down a buck too without the help of her boyfriend. "I didn't mean to sound rude by the way. I just...want to learn too."

"Oh, yeah...sorry. I guess I kinda got caught up in the moment." Jexel said, spitting out a bit of blood off to the side. "Anyways, come a bit closer and I'll show you why what I did is relevant. Ya see, you need to know where to hit it if you want to take your prey down." He pointed at the deep stab wounds he made, tracing around the area where the heart was. "It's super low on the chest, which isn't always an easy target no matter where you are, ya know? That's why I go for the neck first. It's a pretty simple target, and you have a decent amount of room for error if you miss. Eh, but I'm getting ahead of myself again. I'm just excited you're interested." He began dragging the buck back to his hut as he spoke, taking his time to keep strain off of his muscles. "Don't worry, I'll show you how to skin this thing the human way. All that really matters is the incision anyways...and I'll tell you what. Tomorrow, I'll have a surprise waiting for you. It won't be much, but it might make up for the whole...lack of natural weapons, thing." He chuckled as they reached the hut. Taking out a wooden dagger from inside the little hovel, Jexel began shaving the fur off the deer's lower hind legs, revealing a gap between the bone. Pulling a rope out from the inside of the hut, he threaded it through the bones and hung it on a nearby branch. "Now, since I'm sure you didn't bring a change of clothes, and you are new to the whole deal, just watch closely." He said as he began to skin the deer. The cut he made was small, but he lead the knife around the entirety of the buck from top to bottom, allowing him to simply fold back the skin and peel off the fur. It was a drawn out process, but it was simpler than most would have expected. After gutting the animal, letting Isabelle watch from a bit of a distance to keep blood off of her, Jexel began to carve off the meat. The whole ordeal seemed to go faster than normal, but he didn't mind. "Well, that's hunting for ya! ...I hope I didn't bore you too badly." Jexel said, wiping the blood off of the wooden blade onto some grass. Looking up at the sky, he became concerned. "It doesn't look like we have much time left. Cooking may just have to wait until tomorrow..." He said with a sigh, looking at Isabelle with his big amber eyes.

Isabelle stood back and watched as Jexel skinned and gutted the animal. It didn't seem all that difficult, nothing she couldn't learn if she practiced. She wished she could stand next to him and help him but it would be hard to explain why she had blood on her clothes when she returned home. The whole process went by relatively quickly or perhaps Jexel was showing off again, which she liked. Responding to him she said, "Oh no, I wasn't bored at all. This was so intriguing. I'm seriously impressed and I can't wait for my surprise tomorrow." She looked up at the sky, it was time to go. "I'll see you tomorrow, I would hug and kiss you but your still a little bloody, and I can't explain blood on my clothes." She smiled as she started to walk off before turning towards Jexel once again, "Would you mind terribly if I stayed over tomorrow night with you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.