Midnight Forest

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
"Well, I hope we can too, partner." Jay shook his hand, then turned to face an unheard noise. "He's coming. Are you ready?" Jay stuttered, trying to calm her nerves. This was the first time she'd faced the Blaxk Hawk since she was little, and she was really nervous.

"Give me just one minute! Stay here!" With that he slipped into the ground with only a hole left where he was. He went around the area underground as far as he could making plant roots grow and sew together to pop up and tangle up enemies. He made vines that would come out of the ground and hold him down. He pulled plants down to grow into copies of himself although they were just moving plants without an actual mind. He kept going as long as he could and knew where Jay was the whole time.

Jay watched him disappear into the ground. "Cool." she thought to herself. The sound of the oncoming intruder broke her out of the thought. Just as Jay started to recharge, Black Hawk emerged from the treeline. As soon as Jay saw him, she froze. 'Not again!' She thought. 'Every time I get near him, I freeze.' She slumped to the ground, ready to teleport, when it started to rain. Immediately her magic recharged and surged around her pulsing red and blue, fear and anger.

Vines and roots immediatley shot up and snagged Black Hawk and pulled him into the ground. Krise had connected himself to all plant life in the area and could sense where Black Hawk was. He came out of the same hole he had gone into and stood next to Jay, "Hey are you ok?" He wondered why she was pulsing red and blue but didn't ask since paying attention to his enemy was priority. The rain blocked the sun but it enhanced his power of regeneration so it didn't matter much as to if he moved too slowly.

Seeing Krise, the magic had a slight yellow pulse to it, security. "Yea. I'm good." Jay raised her hand and shot a a red ball at the Black Hawk. "I will not run any more. I will get past this." she whispered to him as she walked towards him. Her magic shield dissipating.

"Good!" Krise walked behind Jay and observed Black Hawk, making sure nothing got past him. He wondered what Jay's power was, since it was red it might have to do with fire. His plant clones stayed at the ready underground to assist when needed.

Jay sensed Black Hawk struggling and quickly grabbed Kris's shoulder. "Duck!" She teleported them both back away from him just as a golden magic trail freed the Black Hawk.

"What the heck was that!? It's a good thing you can teleport, just like him if I remember correctly." He placed his hands on the ground and the plants started moving, mainly the trees. They came out of the ground, moved towards Black Hawk and swung thier branches at him. Krise was wondering how this fight would go.

"That was magic. The colors represent the mood the user/creator is feeling. Red, anger. Blue, sadness. Yellow, happiness, security. Gold, confidence. There are others, but those are the most common. With magic, the user can create deadly weapons, control some things, and stuff. No time to explain the rest now." Jay ran towards Black Hawk and shot a crimson red arrow at him, peircing his hat into the ground behind him.

"I always wondered how magic worked, I was never really able to ask anyone." He was wondering if Black Hawk was holding back or if he really didn't have much power since the sun was blocked by the clouds.

"Well, ask me anything." Jay chuckled. "But I guess this isn't the right time too." She teleported behind the Hawk and stabbed his shoulder with an orange magic dagger. He immediately healed back and hit her in the face with his fist. Her magic blocked most of the punch and she teleported back towards Kris. "Ow. He must be on defense. Only using magic to block and heal." She spit some blood from her mouth. "He's gathering energy from something, but I can't detect it." Jay jumped into the air and dived towards Black Hawk only to be deflected an throw to the ground by his golden magic shield. She staggered back into a defensive standing position while blue and purple magic zipped around her. Healing the worst first.

"Yeah now isn't the best time." He watched as she tried to fight Black Hawk and was worried on how they would be able to win. He didn't have any magic like them but at least he could heal like them. "I see....well I'll try to help as well!" The plant clones popped out of the ground and surrounded Black Hawk. Half of them brought their arms up and started shooting giant thorns the size of their fists. The other half turned their arms into various weapons from hammers to staffs and lances. They charged Black Hawk and hit his shield over and over again trying to drain his energy.

Finally fully restored, Jay hopped back into the fight. "Kris, I need you and some of your clones to dig under him." she whispered as she passes by him. It had stopped raining and the sun started to shine through the clouds. Jay walked over to the shield and collapsed on it, waiting for just the right moment...

He didn't respond but once the sun came out Krise and the clones moved lightning quick. The clones dug under Black Hawk and waited for Jay to do her thing.

Black Hawk, not knowing Jay very well, thought she had tired out and surrendered, so he dropped his shield. Jay spun around as soon as her support disappeared, and kicked Hawk in the chest, knocking him flat on his back and out of breath. "Now!" she yelled to Kris.

The clones underground stabbed huge thorns through Black Hawk and Krise with the other clones jumped up and stabbed from the top. They stayed in place to make sure they had killed Black Hawk. "Did we get him?"

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]"I think we did." Jay smiled. I never thought I'd escape him, or survive to see his death. Well, we should probably go before his friend arriveds. His friend won't come after me, thankfully." Jay stood up from beside the dead body and turned to face Kris. "Thanks. For everything. Would you like to come with me to the river?" She gestured towards the sound of a small river.[/FONT]

Krise and the clones retracted their thorns and stood up. "Well that's good. I'm glad I was able to help you in this bit." He looked at the dead body as well and kept looking. He had never seen someone dead from his hands. "You're very welcome and I'd be glad to accompany you."

"Ok. Well, I don't want to just leave him there." Jay used the last of her anger and used red magic to bury the Black Hawk. "Let's go. I can't wait to take a swim and refresh." Jay stretched and started to walk towards the river.

"I'll use his body as nutrients for the plants around here." The clones went into the ground and became normal plants, they rooted into Black Hawks dead body and started to use its nutrients. Krise followed Jay towards the river, "So what kinds of magic are there anyway?"